Of Wolves and Lights and Liches
Feastday, day 23 of the month Eoantos in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
This log is actually the combination of several logs from two players, three from Iscikella's player, and one from Niasan's player. It should be noted, therefore, that in this log the "you" references refer to either of these two characters, as noted in the initial reference.
***END NOTE***

This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a red and black ceramic-tiled townhouse, a low mithril gate, a splendid colorful tiled home, a plain residence, a crenellated dark stone manor and an ancient dark stone manor.
Obvious paths: north, west

You ask, "So, Gavrail, are ye about doing yer dirty work?"

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Fantassi disk, the Vanian disk, the Shallira disk, the Zosopage disk, the Sherysse disk, some basal moss, some wolifrew lichen, some basal moss, some ephlox moss, some acantha leaf, some haphip root, some aloeas stem, a painted felt ger and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Niasan, Leloo, Fantassi, Hoplyte, Bellelaide, Lord Giganto, Ninnoc, Lord Vanian, Ekors, Shallira, Brakhar, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Tanj, Frevisse, Vulkarian, Palito, Vardion, Fucoult, Ludovico who is sitting, Xanthipe, Junurwolf, the body of Grumblebuck who is lying down, Deaygos who is sitting, Emairath, Meoger, Owey who is sitting, Dioxin, Kawla, Apprentice Blakshado who is lying down, Amburst who is sitting, Darange who is sitting, Thoret who is lying down, Nemecko
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

A pale blue light flickers briefly over Niasan's head.

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a red and black ceramic-tiled townhouse, a low mithril gate, a splendid colorful tiled home, a plain residence, a crenellated dark stone manor and an ancient dark stone manor.
Obvious paths: north, west

A cold blue light flickers from within the robes of one of the halflings.

A ghost wolf scampers in.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +147 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +3 = -12
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers north.

You scream!

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +147 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +44 = +29
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers north.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your mind:
"Ghost wolves in town. Be wary."

A ghost wolf scampers in.

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.
You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +25 = -285
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers west.

(Iscikella glances at the statue.)

You ask, "That is ye, isn't it, Gavrail?"

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +34 = -254
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
The wolf scampers west.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your mind:
"The first ghost wolf generated out of the statue of Ten here. With a blue light. It's Gavrail."

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +34 = -254
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
The wolf scampers west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Shinoboo echo in your mind:
"ghost wolves out the north gate"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The first ghost wolf generated out of the statue of Ten here. With a blue light. It's Gavrail."

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +43 = -245
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +30 = -280
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
The wolf scampers west.

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The strange lack of snow goes right up to the western edge of Dervish Park, and several homefronts take advantage of it with their walkways directed towards the field. Several planters line the edge of a small serene pond. A few halflings sit on the bank fishing and basking in the warmth before returning to the cold outside the mithril gate. Others stroll happily along carefully manicured pathways, enjoying the flora and fauna that thrive in this temperate haven. You also see a ghost wolf, a plain residence, a handsome fel-gabled townhouse, a stately white marble manor, an ancient riverstone home and a handsome grey stone manor.
Obvious paths: east

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +93 = -217
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +83 = -227
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a ghost wolf, a red and black ceramic-tiled townhouse, a low mithril gate, a splendid colorful tiled home, a plain residence, a crenellated dark stone manor and an ancient dark stone manor.
Obvious paths: north, west

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +81 = -229
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Vardion echo in your mind:
"gates seem cler...fer now"

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The strange lack of snow goes right up to the western edge of Dervish Park, and several homefronts take advantage of it with their walkways directed towards the field. Several planters line the edge of a small serene pond. A few halflings sit on the bank fishing and basking in the warmth before returning to the cold outside the mithril gate. Others stroll happily along carefully manicured pathways, enjoying the flora and fauna that thrive in this temperate haven. You also see a ghost wolf, a plain residence, a handsome fel-gabled townhouse, a stately white marble manor, an ancient riverstone home and a handsome grey stone manor.
Obvious paths: east

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +6 = -282
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +93 = -195
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +240 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +16 = +249
... and hit for 97 points of damage!
A mighty attack shatters the right hand into a thousand fragments.
To your horror, the fragments turn to vapor and reform the hand.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +202 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +6 = -94
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a ghost wolf, a red and black ceramic-tiled townhouse, a low mithril gate, a splendid colorful tiled home, a plain residence, a crenellated dark stone manor and an ancient dark stone manor.
Obvious paths: north, west

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +240 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +71 = +304
... and hit for 167 points of damage!
Amazing shot cleaves the torso in half at the waist!
You watch agape as the misty form knits itself back together!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

You hear the faint thoughts of Amburst echo in your mind:
"'north gate guard just came into TC yelling wolves"

You hear the faint thoughts of Wholenote echo in your mind:
"they talking about wolves again"

You belt out, "Gavrail!"

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

You hear the faint thoughts of Amburst echo in your mind:
"'Northgate under heavy attack according to Tomo"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"I just killed one by the statue of Ten. And blue light came off the statue as it appeared."

(Iscikella glances at the statue.)

You hear the faint thoughts of Dioxin echo in your mind:
""Was just ye imaginations"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Nae, it was not."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"It came out from the robe of one of the statues."

You hear the faint thoughts of Silversoft echo in your mind:
"youngones..come to TC..its sanct"

You hear the faint thoughts of Valicar echo in your mind:
"Northgate is clear"

You hear the faint thoughts of Amburst echo in your mind:
"Iscikella one I would take word for..."

You belt out, "Gavrail!"

You belt out, "Show yerself!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Amburst echo in your mind:
"Iscikella don't imagine things."

You hear the faint thoughts of Neco echo in your mind:
"Hah! Why would a statue need a robe, they don't get cold"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The carved robe, silly."

You hear the faint thoughts of Dioxin echo in your mind:
"Thought she was'in possesed"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Is a statue of the mages."

You hear the faint thoughts of Neco echo in your mind:
"But then it's not a robe, its just rock"

Aranrhod came through a low mithril gate.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The wolf came out of the robe of the statue. Don't believe me if ye want to be foolish. But be wary. Gavrail is about."

(Iscikella points at the statue.)

Aranrhod says, "I heard you on the amulet..."

Aranrhod asks, "What is wrong?"

Aranrhod peers quizzically at you.

You say, "The ghost wolf came out of the robe of one of the statues."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Aranrhod asks, "A ghost wolf?"

You nod.

You say, "And was a blue light."

(Aranrhod glances at the statue)

You say, "I killed the wolf."

Aranrhod looks rather confused.

You hear the faint thoughts of Sherysse echo in your mind:
"south gate clear "

You say, "But it came out of the robes of the statue."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valicar echo in your mind:
"wolves are in town"

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Aranrhod says, "They are in town."

You hear the faint thoughts of Frevisse echo in your mind:
"where in town?"

Aranrhod points at a whorled pale crystal pendant.

You nod to Aranrhod.

You say, "I know that."

You say, "But it started here."

(Iscikella points at the statue.)

You say, "It's Gavrail."

You say, "Let's look what is happening."

Aranrhod nods.

Niasan came through a low mithril gate.

Niasan says, "There was one prancing around outside the alley."

A ghost wolf scampers in.

You blink.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +140 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +28 = +12
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

You point at a ghost wolf.

Niasan says, "And right there.."

Niasan removes a diamond dusted black rolaren handaxe from in his leather sheath.

A ghost wolf claws at Niasan!
AS: +75 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +91 = -100
A clean miss.

The wolf scampers north.
A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.

Aranrhod attempts to kick a ghost wolf!
MB: 242 vs MB: 52 = 190 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 76, d100 roll: 23, modified: 213
and hits for 45 points of damage!
... +6 extra hits. Well placed kick to foot forces foe to parry down!

Aranrhod attempts to kick a ghost wolf!
MB: 242 vs MB: 52 = 190 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 76, d100 roll: 81, modified: 271
and hits for 65 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.

You exclaim, "See!"

A ghost wolf tries to bite Aranrhod!
AS: +100 vs DS: +140 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +39 = +23
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +240 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +85 = +318
... and hit for 143 points of damage!
Huge strike vaporizes the left thigh.
The ghost wolf convulses, falling inward upon itself while the leg mends.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Aranrhod attempts to kick a ghost wolf!
MB: 242 vs MB: 52 = 190 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 76, d100 roll: 70, modified: 260
and hits for 61 points of damage!
... +5 extra hits. Fluid move followed by a leaping kick to back!
Foe knocked to the ground and stunned!

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Aranrhod attempts to kick a ghost wolf!
MB: 242 vs MB: -23 = 265 -- Gain advantage!
Blink! Disappeared and then reappeared behind opponent.
THT 76, d100 roll: 47, modified: 312
and hits for 78 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf hisses one last time and dies.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Aranrhod says, "Odd..."


This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about an hour after the previous log..
***END NOTE***

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a red and black ceramic-tiled townhouse, a low mithril gate, a splendid colorful tiled home, a plain residence, a crenellated dark stone manor and an ancient dark stone manor.
Obvious paths: north, west

Niasan came through a low mithril gate.

You say, "Guess I'll just sit here awhile."

You ask, "Or maybe the temple?"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Niasan says, "Well, maybe if she's watching me, I can stay somewhere out of the way so she'll get bored."

Niasan chuckles.

You chuckle at Niasan.

From within the folds of one of the halflings robes a pale blue light flickers, illuminating the faces of those nearby.

You blink.

Niasan squints.

You ask, "Did ye see that?"

Niasan says, "I did.."

(Iscikella strides over to the statue.)

(Niasan takes a few steps toward the statue as well, an unsure look on his face.)

(Iscikella searches the face that was illuminated on the statue.)

You ask, "Ye watching Niasan now, Gavrail?"

(Iscikella reaches out and touches the statue gingerly.)

Niasan folds his arms over his chest.

Niasan shifts his weight.

(Iscikella touches the robe of the statue that glowed.)

A faint, rasping voice says, "I am watching ye all. Watching your last days, Misguided One."

(Iscikella steps back from the statue.)

Niasan frowns.

You ask, "Ye mean yer own last days, don't ye, Gavrail?"

You ask, "The wolf that came out from yer robes... yer pet?"

You say, "The ghost one."

(Iscikella studies the statue closely.)

You warily say, "Be careful, Niasan..."

Niasan says, "Just trying to frighten others.. nearly everyone knows you were behind it all, lich.."

You nod to Niasan.

Niasan confidently says, "I'm always careful."

You say, "If were my last days, Gavrail, I imagine ye'd be gloating. Not much watching."

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.

The voice rasps, "Only those who cannot sort the truth from beguiling lies believe me to be behind it."

Niasan asks, "Isn't that how it goes, though?"

You say, "Oh, that is not in the least true, Gavrail."

You say, "Everyone knows ye are behind it."

You say, "Even those ye try to woo."

Niasan says, "You start losing the fight you started and THEN you try to make it look like someone else caused it."

Niasan says, "Desperate pleas."

You nod to Niasan.

You say, "I have noted the desperation, Gavrail, in all the Nine."

You say, "The night ye all grabbed at me."

Niasan says, "At least have some backbone to face what's coming to you."

You shudder.

The voice takes on a tone of exasperation, "I started no fight. I finish none. I simply watch. I will go...and those of you who are Beguiled and Misguided will go with me."

You say, "Gavrail, I highly doubt that."

You say, "Ye have never once said a word to prove yerself."

The voice continues, "And in the end you will see what Betrayal feels like."

You say, "Never once."

You say, "Ye just say... "Ye will see... I have truth..."

You say, "That is easy to say."

You say, "But ye never have any specifics to relate."

The voice raises in pitch, "Truth needs no proof. Truth will prove itself, m'lady."

You say, "Truth needs to be presented as truth."

You say, "The liches have killed from the beginning, Gavrail."

You say, "And have said things like: This town is ours."

Niasan folds his arms over his chest.

You say, "And: We will raise the bodies of protestors on spikes."

Niasan says, "And after all the killing, you suddenly say that you don't want people to die anymore."

You say, "And: We will level this town and rebuild it."

You say, "All this have the Nine said."

You say, "More than once."

Niasan says, "I just wonder why you stoop down to the level of getting the most ignorant snits in the town to try to help you."

You say, "And then ye claim ye have truth on yer side."

The voice falls a shade, "You will have your truth, m'dear. And it will stick in your gullet like a ball of fire."

You say, "Explain why things were said then, Gavrail."

Niasan says, "I mean, Algrus and Deevian? I pick better chunks of mud from my boots than what those two are worth."

You say, "Surely that is not asking too much."

You say, "Explain why these horrible things were done."

You say, "Why this very statue," pointing at the statue, "was inhabited by those of yer ilk."

You say, "And used to kill."

You say, "And torment."

You say, "While people were turned to stone."

You say, "While souls were grasped from some."

Niasan says, "And then you want people to believe you after all that."

You say, "Attempts made to destroy them."

You say, "People buried in the ground, like Alyx."

You say, "Forced to decay."

Niasan says, "I think the truth already has been presented, lich."

You say, "How to ye expect belief when ye do such things."

The voice rasps, "Explain why the town was burned. Explain why many have died at Thurfel's hand. Explain why even now he deceives you, while you run around proclaiming him to be your Saviour."

You say, "I do not claim him savior."

You say, "I know why the town was burned, lich."

You say, "He was angry at the entombment, as ye all are."

You say, "He admits it."

The voice replies, "and so do we...and so would you be."

You say, "Ye did much more than burn a town once."

You hear someone laugh.

You say, "Ye purposely tried to steal people's... wills."

You say, "I was forced to kill a child."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Niasan says, "Unforgivable."

You say, "Others were forced to kill friends."

You say, "As the liches inhabited them."

You say, "Ye talk of Thurfel's past sins, and no one has ever said he has none..."

You ask, "...but what of yers?"

You ask, "Why should they be overlooked?"

You ask, "When ye will not even admit to them?"

(Iscikella tilts her head at the statue.)

You say, "All the Ten were betrayers."

You say, "They betrayed IceMule long ago."

You ask, "That there is no honor amongst thieves is supposed to concern others?"

You shake your head.

The voice rises again, still rasping, "You make your own decisions, then. And the bed you make, you will lie in - though is more likely to be a grave than a bed. 'Tis a pity you will take the whole town with you."

You say, "I cannot take the whole town with me, Gavrail."

You say, "Again and again ye say these things."

You say, "I have no such power."

You say, "I am not followed."

You say, "I put forth what I believe."

The blue light flickers briefly and goes out, leaving only a lingering scent on the night air.

You say, "And am often scorned for it."

Niasan frowns.

You shake your head.

You say, "She will not give good answers."

You say, "Ever."

You say, "She just rants."

Niasan says, "She gives clear answers, actually."

Niasan says, "You just have to know to look at the opposite of it."

Niasan chuckles.

You smile at Niasan.

You try to pull Niasan towards you.

You say, "Thank ye for being here."

You say, "She does frighten me."

Niasan says, "Oh, it was no trouble, really.."

You say, "And I don't like facing them alone."

Niasan chuckles.

Niasan says, "I was worried about it as well."

You smile at Niasan.

Niasan says, "You've been dealing with them longer than I have, hence my silence during most of it."

You say, "If she truthfully had something constructive to say, I gave her ample chance to say it."

Niasan says, "I'd end up making a fool of myself if I faced her alone."

Niasan smirks.

You say, "I didn't rail at her. I questioned."

You say, "And yet answer, she didn't."

You say, "Truth cannot be used as a "shining shield" by one who has lied and betrayed a town."

You say, "Truth for such a one must be proven."

Niasan says, "The same as honor not being able to shield the dishonorable."

You say, "She has done not one one thing to aid IceMule."

You say, "While Thurfel has fought with those of the town to protect it when attacked."

You say, "And seen to it the possessed where unpossessed."

Niasan says, "Actually, if she convinces Algrus and his lackeys to run down to the island so Thurfel can obliterate them, she'll be doing a great service to the town."

You say, "And yet he expects no one to trust him and has said that."

You say, "But Gavrail and her ilk expect us to trust them blindly... like sheep."

You shake your head.

Niasan says, "Ah, well.."

You nod to Niasan.

Niasan says, "The Dhe'nar have a saying.. There are three types of people. Leaders, followers, and the hopelessly lost."

You smile at Niasan.

Niasan says, "As long as those hopelessly lost still exist, they're going to believe whatever they hear."

Niasan says, "No evidence will be needed. They'll hear something and go right toward it."

You say, "What about the stubbornly independent? Like me."

You chuckle.

Niasan says, "A leader."

Niasan nods to you.

You blush a delicate shade of pink.

Niasan says, "The hopeless will see someone doing something different, such as taking a stand against another thing.."

Niasan shrugs.

Niasan says, "And then some of those will end up following."

You say, "I just don't understand how the liches don't see that taking people's wills is the ultimate crime."

You say, "One that is much more difficult to recover from than any other."

You say, "And leaves deeper scars than any physical injury."


This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about a half-hour after the previous log..
***END NOTE***

***ADDITIONAL NOTE*** Vereri appeared around the temple as in Town Center:

A pale blue light flickers about Niasan, illuminating his face grotesquely.

Kasia then yelled at the lich to leave Niasan alone and:

A pale blue light flickers briefly over Kasia's head.
***END NOTE***

[Icemule Trace, Exterior]
Several armed guards stand outside a hole in the wall, watching all who enter and exit Icemule Trace. Halflings bundled against the cold wander in and out of the gate, some leading pack animals while others carry large packs on their back. A trail leads off to the northeast, and although it's slick and icy, the halflings seem to pay no notice to the dangers. You also see a ghost wolf that appears dead, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf and a North Gate guard.
Also here: Kasia, Niasan
Obvious paths: northeast

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +25 = +41
A clean miss.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +57 = -253
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at Niasan!
AS: +75 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +83 = -108
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

Niasan says, "This is blessable."

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +57 = -231
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +72 = -216
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +45 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +61 = -279
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +55 = -110
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

Niasan taps a diamond dusted black rolaren handaxe.

Niasan chuckles.

A ghost wolf claws at Kasia!
AS: +75 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +78 = +68
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A wave of power flows out of Kasia and toward a ghostly white vultite broadsword.
A brilliant white light wraps around the broadsword for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface leaving a soft white afterglow.

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +48 = -117
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +15 = -150
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +34 = -276
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
The wolf scampers northeast.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +18 = +168
... and hits for 56 points of damage!
Attack whistles right through the chest!
It's like fighting fog!

A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +80 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +27 = -158
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +16 = +166
... and hits for 60 points of damage!
Painful attack flays the leg from thigh to calf.
New skin lies, snakelike, beneath the old.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Niasan says, "Yeesh."

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +68 = +84
A clean miss.

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Kasia nods.

A ghost wolf claws at Kasia!
AS: +75 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +75 = +65
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at Niasan!
AS: +75 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +35 = -156
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +79 = -239
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf claws at Kasia!
AS: +75 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +91 = -105
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +27 = -283
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at Kasia!
AS: +45 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +11 = -215
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf claws at Niasan!
AS: +75 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +17 = -174
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +14 = -156
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

Niasan says, "Looked like about a dozen of them a few moments ago."

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +64 = -246
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +84 = -204
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +24 = -141
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers northeast.

Kasia asks, "Last ditch effort by the liches?"

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +49 = -269
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Niasan nods to Kasia.

The wolf scampers northeast.
Niasan's group just went northeast.
Niasan's group just arrived.

Niasan says, "He's got them all dead."

Niasan chuckles.

Lord Diebatil just arrived.

You grin.

Diebatil smiles.

Kasia says, "Well they cant be too happy.. once that staff is placed in the altar"

Kasia shakes her head.

Diebatil confidently says, "going to check the mountain"

You say, "If the lichess."

You nod to Kasia.

You say, "She is after..."

You point at Niasan.

Kasia says, "Aye.. she moved her gaze over me."

Kasia mutters under her breath.

You rub Kasia tenderly.

Niasan says, "She just HAD to draw attention to herself."

Niasan winks at Kasia.

Kasia exclaims, "I told her to leave you alone!"

You chuckle at Niasan.

You ask, "She hurt ye?"

Kasia says, "So gee.. what does she do"

You cock your head at Kasia.

Niasan shakes his head.

Kasia says, "No.. just a flickering light"

Niasan says, "Neither of us were hurt."

You wipe the sweat from your brow.

You say, "good thing."

You say, "Liches can be really mean."

Lord Diebatil just arrived.

Kasia says, "I have never seen one."

Niasan says, "She just reminded me she was still watching, I suppose."

You say, "Ye don't want to."

You shake your head.

You say, "They are really ugly."

Kasia shivers.

You say, "I mean really..."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You say, "Flesh falling off bones."

Kasia says, "Must be awful.. to used to have been a thing... now yer a melted.. nothing"

You say, "No lips."

Kasia shivers.

Niasan says, "And they smell."

You shudder.

You nod to Niasan.

Kasia says, "I can imagine.. all that rottin flesh"

Niasan says, "No you can't."

You say, "They stink unbelievably."

Niasan looks over at Kasia and shakes his head.

You cover your nose tightly. Phew!

Niasan says, "Trust me, you can't imagine it."

Kasia begins chuckling at Niasan.

Niasan says, "East gate."

Kasia says, "Same as earlier"

[Mountainside, Snow Drifts]
Heavy snow mounds rise high on either side of the trail, providing some shelter from the wind. A few hardy pines grow along the trailside. From high up in the pines, the chatter of squirrels can be heard. You also see a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf and a narrow path leading to a stand of cedar trees.
Also here: Kasia, Niasan, Renowned Lady Skyfawn, Rongari, Tomochopa, Dubon, Radoria
Obvious paths: northeast, west

Radoria barks wildly at a ghost wolf!

Rongari attempts to kick a ghost wolf!
MB: 261 vs MB: 52 = 209 -- Gain advantage!
Blinding speed! Moved behind opponent.
THT 76, d100 roll: 37, modified: 246
and hits for 56 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Dubon swings a silver falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +180 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +20 = +193
... and hits for 102 points of damage!
Strike to the abdomen goes right through, leaving misty trails in its wake.

A ghost wolf decays into compost.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +109 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +55 = +157
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
A fine blow splits the back of the hand.
Tendrils of vapor intertwine as the wound seals before your eyes.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Dubon swings a silver falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +180 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +34 = +207
... and hits for 118 points of damage!
Massive strike to the chest crashes through the ghost wolf's back in a cloud of vapor.
Slowly, the ghost wolf reforms its torso.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +109 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +5 = +107
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Light tap to the ghost wolf's lower back.
Seems more of an annoyance than anything else.

Rongari attempts to throw a ghost wolf!
MB: 235 vs MB: 52 = 183 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 66, d100 roll: 98, modified: 281
Nice try, but unable to follow through. Opponent breaks away.

Dubon swings a silver falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +180 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +61 = +234
... and hits for 105 points of damage!
Huge strike vaporizes the right thigh.
The ghost wolf convulses, falling inward upon itself while the leg mends.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Radoria leans softly against Macabra.

Niasan says, "They really don't attack.."

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Niasan ponders.

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Macabra smiles at Radoria.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +109 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +33 = +135
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
Flashy attack passes through the side of the neck.
Ethereal fluids spray forth and quickly vanish into vapor!

Dubon says, "no they dont"

You say, "They are Gavrail's pets."

Rongari says, "just drool a lot"

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +109 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +54 = +156
... and hits for 35 points of damage!
Strong hit rips arm from wrist to elbow.
The wound vanishes as the ethereal flesh swirls around in chaotic patterns.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Skyfawn nods to you.

Dubon swings a silver falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +180 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +46 = +219
... and hits for 94 points of damage!
Huge hit explodes left arm into cold, viscous mist.
When you look again, the arm has reformed.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

You say, "She spoke with Niasan and I a bit ago."

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +109 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +12 = +114
... and hits for 7 points of damage!
A weak slap on the wrist.
That's not going to reform a soul.

Skyfawn softly says in guild speak, "she was seen in TC"

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +210 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +45 = +248
... and hit for 107 points of damage!
Huge hit explodes left arm into cold, viscous mist.
When you look again, the arm has reformed.

Kasia says, "Man she has a lotta pets."

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Niasan says, "West gate now as well."

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +136 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +6 = +135
... and hits for 26 points of damage!
Hard strike connects with the ghost wolf's back!
A thin arc of mist spews forth, evaporating quickly.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +136 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +64 = +193
... and hits for 72 points of damage!
Brutal blow to the neck sends head flying!
The head floats up and settles back in place as easily as a hat.
What is this, a haberdashery?

Izden asks, "Invasion?"

You ask in guild speak, "She say anything, Sky?"

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +210 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +2 = +205 ... and hit for 117 points of damage!
Massive strike to the chest crashes through the ghost wolf's back in a cloud of vapor.
Slowly, the ghost wolf reforms its torso.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +136 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +93 = +222
... and hits for 95 points of damage!
Tremendous strike!
Vapor rushes from the neck following the blow!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +6 = +156
... and hits for 45 points of damage!
Smash to the chest!
Good thing there were no ribs there to shatter.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Niasan says, "This? No."

A ghost wolf decays into compost.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Niasan says, "Infestation, yes."

Tomochopa swings a bone-hilted iron warsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +136 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +76 = +205
... and hits for 117 points of damage!
Massive strike to the chest crashes through the ghost wolf's back in a cloud of vapor.
Slowly, the ghost wolf reforms its torso.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Izden chuckles.

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Kasia says, "Don't tempt her"

Kasia pokes Niasan in the ribs.

You tickle Niasan.

Tomochopa says, "well thats that"

[Icemule Trace, Secluded Path]
The trail is less visible here but the drifts of snow are set along either side protecting it from being lost completely. There is little to see across the barren landscape save for a few small evergreen trees with icicles dangling from their limbs. You also see a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf, a ghost wolf and a ghost wolf.
Obvious paths: east, southwest

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +474 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +58 = -306
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +474 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +8 = -356
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +474 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +89 = -253
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Niasan's group just arrived.

A ghost wolf claws at Niasan!
AS: +75 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +4 = -187
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +474 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +83 = -281
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +81 = -89
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +210 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +42 = +245
... and hit for 105 points of damage!
Huge hit explodes right arm into cold, viscous mist.
When you look again, the arm has reformed.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +29 = -141
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers southwest.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +100 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +63 = +79
A clean miss.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Niasan!
AS: +100 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +13 = -152
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers southwest.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Kasia!
AS: +70 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +77 = +63
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +39 = +189
... and hits for 70 points of damage!
Painful attack flays the leg from thigh to calf.
New skin lies, snakelike, beneath the old.
The ghost wolf is knocked to the ground!
A ghost wolf rears up on its hind legs, growling and baring its fangs!

A ghost wolf scampers in.
A ghost wolf scampers in.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +57 = +207
... and hits for 93 points of damage!
Hard blast to the side of the right eye.
Strike carries right on through the bridge of the nose, the other eye, and the rest of the head!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

A ghost wolf claws at Kasia!
AS: +75 vs DS: +108 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +45 = +35
A clean miss.
The wolf looks a little dubious about its situation.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +202 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +2 = -68
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers southwest.

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

A ghost wolf claws at you!
AS: +75 vs DS: +202 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +45 = -47
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

A ghost wolf scampers in. Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +45 = +195
... and hits for 83 points of damage!
Massive blow obliterates the right knee.
The ghost wolf falters as a sickly light flows freely down its leg.
The ghost wolf is knocked to the ground!

You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +265 vs DS: -8 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +65 = +373
... and hit for 168 points of damage!
Huge strike vaporizes the right thigh.
The ghost wolf convulses, falling inward upon itself while the leg mends.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf hisses one last time and dies.

A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +39 = +189
... and hits for 85 points of damage!
Huge strike vaporizes the left thigh.
The ghost wolf convulses, falling inward upon itself while the leg mends.
The ghost wolf is knocked to the ground!
A ghost wolf rears up on its hind legs, growling and baring its fangs!

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

Niasan ponders.

Kasia swings a ghostly white vultite broadsword at a ghost wolf!
AS: +156 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +53 = +203
... and hits for 81 points of damage!
Huge strike vaporizes the left thigh.
The ghost wolf convulses, falling inward upon itself while the leg mends.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.

Niasan shivers.

Niasan says, "Cold.."

A ghost wolf decays into compost.

You nod to Niasan.

A ghost wolf scampers in.

Kasia nods.

You shiver.

Aranrhod just arrived.

You say in guild speak, "Very."

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +474 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +21 = -321
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

You say, "Very."

A ghost wolf scampers in.
You swing a razor-sharp rolaren falchion at a ghost wolf!
AS: +265 vs DS: +42 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +60 = +318
... and hit for 138 points of damage!
Tremendous strike!
Vapor rushes from the neck following the blow!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghost wolf's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghost wolf falls back into a heap and dies.
A ghost wolf decays into compost.

Niasan says, "Don't like being cold.."

You belt out, "Gavrail, yer pets are annoying!"

Scaxton deeply says, "wonder where Gavrail is"

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow in Niasan's direction.

You say, "She spoke to Niasan and I at that statue a bit ago."

Kasia says, "Too busy makin pretty light flashes"

Kasia mutters under her breath.

Niasan says, "And making me look ugly with the light."

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You nod to Kasia.

Aranrhod asks, "Oh...she did?"

Niasan nods.

You hear Gavrail yell, "Not my pets, but not so annoying as the end will be, m'lady!"

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow.

Aranrhod says, "Speaking of..."

Kasia yells, "You're done, admit it."

You belt out, "Yer end, Gavrail? Nae, that won't be annoying at all."

Victorvon just arrived.
Journeyman Delieta just arrived.
Azaylea just arrived.

Victorvon softly says, "Thought I heard him yellin"

Azaylea gasps.

Azaylea gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Azaylea sweetly says, "Me too"

Delieta exclaims, "What what??!"

Azaylea ponders.
Azaylea ponders.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ansherak echo in your mind:
"we bein Invaded?"

Niasan says, "That's the kind of ending that I would let myself get drunk over."

Delieta says, "I didn't hear a thing..."

Azaylea ponders.

You say, "Yes, Gavrail was yelling."

Victorvon nods to you.

You say, "And it's a she."

Aranrhod nods.

You say, "Or was."

You hear Gavrail yell, "All of us are done. Some of us go willingly to the slaughter, others of us see the truth of what is coming!"

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

Niasan shivers in the freezing wind.
... 7 points of damage!
Niasan just got the cold shoulder!
Niasan has been injured by the gale!

Niasan manages to offend an inordinate number of gods with an especially vitriolic spasm of oaths.

You take a quick appraisal of Niasan and find that he has some minor cuts and bruises on his right arm.
He has old battle scars on his left arm, an old battle scar across his chest, an old battle scar across his abdominal area, and old battle scars on his right arm.

Azaylea glowers.

Niasan shivers.

Delieta chuckles.

You meditate over Niasan.
Niasan's right arm damage is transferred to you.

Aranrhod rubs Niasan.

You whistle something nasty between clenched teeth.

Kasia rubs Niasan tenderly.

Kasia yells, "You are the one who will be done."

Mazerak just arrived.

You belt out, "Gavrail, ye will go definitely!"

Victorvon chuckles.

Azaylea sweetly asks, "So Gavrail is controlling the wolves?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Ansherak echo in your mind:
"a Lich? I thought it was by ghost wolves?"

Aranrhod says, "Yes."

You belt out, "Hopefully to behind the Ebon Gate!"

You belt out, "Ye're about a hundred years late!"

Kasia says, "They are her pets"

Kasia nods.
Azaylea nods.
You nod to Azaylea.

Azaylea snickers.

Kasia yells, "for good even"

Mazerak confidently says, "Hello daughter"

You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Limb Repair...
You concentrate.
Your right arm feels better.

Kasia says, "Hello da"

You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Limb Scar Repair...
You concentrate.
Your right arm feels better.

Niasan says, "That would be nice."

Delieta asks, "Where are the Ghost Wolves??"

Kasia gives Mazerak a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Niasan says, "Gone."

Alary just went southwest.

Delieta snaps his fingers.

Mazerak beams happily at Kasia!

Delieta waves.
Journeyman Delieta just went east.

Mazerak confidently says, "i see no wolves"

Without warning, the winds intensify, howling as they rush through the area. Snow and sleet ride violently upon them, raking across your face!

Mazerak shivers in the freezing wind.
... 5 points of damage!
Near miss! Ice particles sting Mazerak's eye and he blinks rapidly.
Mazerak has been injured by the gale!

Kasia shivers in the freezing wind.
... 1 point of damage!
Kasia's left hand turns an interesting shade of light blue.
Kasia has been injured by the gale!

Niasan shivers in the freezing wind.
... 2 points of damage!
Icy chill to Niasan's midriff. Looks like a bowl of nice hot stew is in order.
Niasan has been injured by the gale!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 1 point of damage!
Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.
You have been injured by the gale!

Kasia shivers.

You say, "Hmmm... too cold out here."

Niasan says, "I make the motion that we move somewhere warmer."

Azaylea grins.

Kasia says, "so c-cold."

You take a quick appraisal of Niasan and find that he has minor cuts and bruises on his abdominal area.
He has an old battle scar across his chest, an old battle scar across his abdominal area, and old battle scars on his left arm.

Aranrhod nods.

You meditate over Niasan.
Niasan's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

You take a quick appraisal of Kasia and find that she has some minor cuts and bruises on her left hand, minor cuts and bruises on her chest, and minor bruises about the head.

You meditate over Kasia.
Kasia's left hand damage is transferred to you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ansherak echo in your mind:
"Wheres this "Lich" we need to chat"

You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Organ Repair...
You concentrate.
Your chest feels better.

Azaylea ponders.

You meditate over Kasia.
Kasia's chest damage is transferred to you.

Kasia says, "Shes a feisty one."

You take a quick appraisal of Kasia and find that she has minor bruises about the head.

Mazerak chuckles.

You meditate over Kasia.
Kasia's head damage is transferred to you.

Niasan nods.


This log is from the viewpoint of Niasan and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about an half-hour after the previous log..
***END NOTE***

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
Travellers go by at a dizzying pace. It is difficult to walk by without running into one of them. Walking sideways seems to be the only way to make any progress down the road.
Obvious paths: north, east, west

A pale blue light flickers above your head.

You frown.

You exclaim, "Leave me alone!!"

You swear vehemently enough to scour the bark from a tree.

You scowl.

You say, "I'm going to dance over the place where you stood last when you're vanquished.."

You mutter something inaudible.

A raspy voice reminds you gently that you will be in no shape to dance at that time.

You say, "So you think, lich.."

The voice replies, "And so you will come to know!"

You say, "I'll know that I'm going to be happy when you're gone."

The voice continues, "Too bad you will have to die to learn the lesson."

You say, "I always was a slow learner, lich."

The blue light flickers and goes out, leaving you to wonder.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Gavrail whispers, "That will be much to your disadvantage this time!"

You say, "I'm not falling for your ruse."

Gavrail whispers, "But you will fall all over yourself, you and the Midguided One, to be destroyed!"

Gavrail whispers, "The lesson will be painful...I assure you."

You say, "Painful for you."

Gavrail whispers, "Wrong...I am beyond pain."

You ask, "Why do you care about what will happen?"

You ask, "Why the sudden interest in me?"

Gavrail whispers, "I will be watching, but you must save yourselves."

You sigh.

You say, "More to be tossed through my mind."



Button Link to Thurfel Main