White Serpent
Tilamaires, day 26 of the month Fashanos in the year 5102

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Ichiko, Lord Zosopage, Lady Catlas, Klatt who is sitting, Lord Davlos, Lady Rendena, Lord Erthevan, Jindarn, Mnar, Journeyman Kaylac, Merjinia, Gradin, Omnieloh who is sitting, Lord Callavat, Beedie who is sitting, Jadina who is kneeling, Semantix, Zhegir who is sitting, Journeyman Crendo who is sitting, Rayme who is lying down, Everlyn who is sitting.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.
Jindarn says, "I don't get involved in all the politics"

Jindarn says, "I just collect my silvers and do my work"

You cock your head at Jindarn.

Mnar works his way into a set of dark ring armor enwreathed with a skein of black ora.

You ask, "Why do ye need ora? Can I ask?"

You cock your head at Jindarn.

You see Jindarn Ironspark the Dwarf Warrior.
He appears to be in his 40's, has short, wavy black hair, dark eyes, and lily white skin.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand.
He is wearing a large canvas satchel, a badly dented chain hauberk, a sturdy metal shield, a rusted iron helm, and a tanned leather scabbard.

Aslakian says, "Hello stone worker."

Jindarn says, "I need ora, to finish the job I am working on"

Merjinia blinks.

Aslakian glances at Jindarn.

Kadesha glances at Aslakian.

Jindarn asks, "what do you want?"

Jindarn peers quizzically at Aslakian.

You blink at Aslakian.

You gulp.

Aslakian asks, "What silly errand does Thurfel have you on this time?"

You ask, "What ye doing here, lich?"

Mnar says, "Maybe we can find you some ora after all."

Gradin glances at Aslakian.

Ichiko blinks.

Jindarn says, "I don't believe its any of your business"

Tendrils of dark energy slither along the ground, encircling Jindarn as a hazy figure rises up from the wisps of energy in front of him.

Lady Opalina just arrived.

Kadesha runs her hand softly over the surface of her Lorminstra symbol. A pale glow surrounds the symbol as its surface shimmers for a moment with the image of a golden key on a field of black.

You ask, "Jindarn, can ye take from ora weaponry? Or must be pure ora slabs?"

Mnar asks, "I take it liches aren't bothered by sunlight?"

Ichiko says, "Um.."

Jindarn says, "ora slabs would be better"

Kadesha glances at Aslakian.

Vonka screams!

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Opalina leans to her left slightly.

Aranrhod blinks.

Vonka moves to stand behind Aranrhod.

Thulevier says, "You will tell us what we want to know, foolish ally of the traitor."

Jindarn says, "but I spose I could figure out what to do with an ora weapon, just not much of a metal worker"

Aranrhod just hugged Vonka.

Aslakian says, "It is though stone worker. We feel that working for Thurfel, you are working against us."

Jindarn asks, "and what do you want to know, a good place for a haircut?"

You blink.

Jindarn says, "he hired me, I work for him"

You say, "Uh..."

Vonka points at Aslakian.

Jindarn says, "now go away and find a tavern or something to terrify"

You flail your arms about.

Thulevier says, "Mocking us will not improve your situation. Your life dangles on a single thread, and we the blade to cut it. Now tell us."

Vonka points at Thulevier.

Thulevier asks, "What are you working on for the foolish traitor?"

Jindarn squints at Thulevier.

Thulevier stares at Jindarn.

Ichiko just arrived.

Zehnduul blinks at Aslakian.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

Aranrhod asks, "Why do you come around demanding answers from us if you are so powerful?"

Jindarn says, "I am working on a very very important project for him"

Jindarn says, "very important"

Kadesha glances at Thulevier.

Aslakian says, "Terrify a tavern? Hardly. We have bigger fish to fry. You, for instance."

Opalina says, "they demand answers from him"

Opalina points at Jindarn.

Jindarn nods to Mnar.

Vonka gulps.

Opalina says, "the stone worker"

Thulevier says, "Details, my bearded little lackwit. Details on what you are working on."

Thulevier stares at Jindarn coldly.

Jindarn says, "details he"

Jindarn says, "well"

Mnar says, "Thurfel demands lots of things, that hardly means any of them are important"

Jindarn says, "he hired me to work on a special project for him"

Opalina says, "it's a new statue"

Opalina laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Jindarn says, "part of the um, keep wall is damaged"

Zehnduul says, "er, thas Halfwit Thulevier"

You ask, "So, Jindarn, ora weaponry will work?"

Jindarn says, "I'm simply fixing it"

Thulevier says, "And WHAT is it? Stop stalling, or we'll have to do something to persuade you, and you, and those gathered here, will most assuredly not like that."

Thulevier asks, "And he requires ora?"

Thulevier glowers.

Vonka wrings her hands.

Jindarn says, "yes, he said the walls needed fortification"

You blink at Thulevier.

Vonka exclaims, "Dun' 'urt 'im!"

Aslakian says, "Thurfel should have request you construct yourself a coffin, as that is where you shall end up this night."

Rendena taps some ora-plated eonake war boots.

Aslakian scowls.

Rendena asks, "would this work?"

Look Thulevier The thing before you may have been a halfling at one time, but only traces of its racial lineage remain. Its face is twisted and distorted, the flesh sickly and mottled. It wears the garments of a mage, although the fabric once rich and lustrous is nothing more than shredded tatters now. It bears no expression or emotion, but a burning rage simmers in the crimson-flecked eyes of the lich.

Jindarn says, "it just might"

Jindarn nods to Rendena.

Rendena offers Jindarn some ora-plated eonake war boots.

Jindarn accepts Rendena's eonake war boots.

You scratch your head.

Arimantis's group just arrived.

Opalina says, "alot of good you liches can do without the staff"

Thulevier says, "You will not need to worry about helping this man. His words have sealed his fate."

Jindarn says, "should be able to get that, uh wall fixed in a jiffy"

Aslakian glances at Rendena.

Tjaran glares.

Tjaran exclaims, "You!"

Tjaran glances at Aslakian.

Aslakian asks, "Rendena?"

Arimantis glances at Jindarn.

You squint at Thulevier.

Jindarn put some ora-plated eonake war boots in his canvas satchel.

Aslakian mutters under his breath.

Jindarn bows to Rendena.

Rendena asks, "what?"

Kaylac says, "Jindarn I have a pure ora mace in my locker"

Vonka gulps.

Jindarn says, "there might be enough ora in these to do the trick"

You say, "What about ora shields. Trying to remember if have one of those. Think so."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

As the lich points at Rendena, mystical energy envelopes her.
Rendena looks stunned!

Arimantis asks, "Hmm.. be needin ora are ya?"

Thulevier asks, "What did he say about the ora, little worker? Did it need to be white and pure, or grey?"

Everlyn frowns.

Vonka flails her arms about.

Vonka moves to stand in front of Rendena.

Vonka exclaims, "Stop dat!"

Callavat peers quizzically at Thulevier.

Jindarn says, "he mentioned white, said it was a prettier color"

Jindarn nods to Aslakian.

Kadesha asks, "are ye liches fearful of Thurfel?"

Aslakian says, "The next time you help our enemy, I shall slay you where you stand."

Jindarn nods to Arimantis.

Thulevier narrows his eyes.

Arimantis's group just went east.

Jindarn says, "Thurfel favors white evidently"

Zehnduul asks, "who's the enemy, Aslakian?"

Kadesha says, "white ora is holy, could see that annoying a lich"

Aslakian points at Jindarn.

Aranrhod says, "Go back"

Zehnduul says, "looks like you are to me"

Kaylac taps a white ora mace.

Aranrhod removes some white ora-tipped arrows from in her elven back quiver.

Aslakian says, "This ridiculous stone cutter works for Thurfel."

Thulevier says, "It is not just a color, little worker. It is more than that."

You say, "He's a lich, of course is an enemy."

Zehnduul asks, "so?"

Kaylac asks, "would this help?"

You glare at Aslakian.

Callavat says, "Please i think you liches are afraid."

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Jindarn exclaims, "I am not ridiculous, I'm fairly good at what I do!"

Opalina says, "What is it Thulevier"

Kadesha says, "Jindarn, the cleric shop may have white ora, know it does in fact"

Aranrhod glances at some white ora-tipped arrows.

Mnar says, "Now, if you went and killed everyone who worked for Thurfel, you might as well kill half the town"

Jindarn says, "thank you milady"

Kaylac offers Jindarn a white ora mace.

Jindarn accepts Kaylac's ora mace.

The spider-shaped clasp of Callavat's spidersilk cloak gently strokes his cheek before returning to its place at his throat and freezing into place.

Zehnduul says, "aye, the cleric shop does have ora"

Jindarn says, "this and the boots should be more than enough"

Zehnduul says, "white ora"

Jindarn bows to Kaylac.

Kaylac smiles at Jindarn.

You say, "Ah..."

You nod to Jindarn.

Jindarn put a white ora mace in his canvas satchel.

Kaylac bows to Jindarn.

Zehnduul says, "white ora falchions actually"

Aranrhod offers Jindarn some white ora-tipped arrows.

Kadesha grins at Aranrhod.

Jindarn says, "this should fix the al.. I mean walls right up"

Aslakian says, "I've seen your carvings Jindarn. If your lucky, the kobolds would hire you to carve a bier for their exhaulted leader. Even then, it would be a minor job."

Vonka just arrived.

Aranrhod says, "If the liches do not want you to have it"

Aslakian smirks.

Aranrhod says, "I do"

Thulevier asks, "The WHAT?"

Jindarn says, "I have carved for the kobolds, they pay quite well"

Thulevier stares at Jindarn.

Aranrhod says, "You know what you are"

Vonka gulps.

Arimantis's group just arrived.

You blink at Jindarn.

Jindarn says, "now, if you have no further need of me, I"ll go back and finish my work"

Ichiko says, "The walls, of course"

Jindarn smiles at Aslakian.

Thulevier says, "You will have no need."

You shudder.

Jindarn waves to Thulevier.

Aslakian says, "Hardly."

You glance at Thulevier.

Thulevier says, "You've given us all that we've required. You are of no use to us any longer."

Aslakian says, "Why don't you do this for me."

Aranrhod taps some white ora-tipped arrows.

Jindarn nods to Mnar.

Aslakian says, "Die."

Mnar grabs Jindarn and tries to drag him, but he doesn't budge.
Mnar grabs Jindarn and tries to drag him, but he doesn't budge.
Mnar grabs Jindarn and tries to drag him, but he doesn't budge.

As the lich points at Jindarn, mystical energy suddenly envelopes him.
Jindarn is stunned!

Mnar sighs.

Aslakian cackles!

Mnar grabs Jindarn and drags him west with him.

Vonka flails her arms about.

Ichiko blinks.

Arimantis's group just went west.

Opalina says, "well someone better call Thurfel"

You gasp.

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a mist wraith squirms out from the darkness!
The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a mist wraith squirms out from the darkness!

Thulevier says, "Townsfolk."

The wraith moans evilly!
A mist wraith tries to ensnare Beedie!
AS: +80 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +34 = +98
A clean miss.

The wraith moans evilly!
A mist wraith claws at Thulevier!M=
AS: +50 vs DS: +54269 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +58 = -54126
A clean miss.

Kadesha gestures at Rendena.
The glazed look leaves Rendena.

Thulevier rolls his eyes.

Everlyn frowns.

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a dark apparition squirms out from the darkness!

A dark apparition claws at Everlyn!
AS: +60 vs DS: -9 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +10 = +114
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Poked in the tummy.
Hehehe.

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a wraith squirms out from the darkness!

Opalina says, "or his little critter's going to die"

A wraith claws at Semantix!
AS: +110 vs DS: +225 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +100 = +8
A clean miss.

Vonka flails her arms about.

A mist wraith swings a closed fist at Jacintha!
AS: +65 vs DS: +471 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +19 = -383
A clean miss.

A mist wraith swings a closed fist at Nakitta!
AS: +65 vs DS: +172 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +65 = -25
A clean miss.

Endevar whimpers.

A dark apparition claws at Beedie!
AS: +60 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +12 = +45
A clean miss.

Zehnduul gestures at a wraith.
CS: +233 - TD: +45 + CvA: +25 + d100: +46 == +259
Warding failed!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the wraith's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A wraith freezes suddenly and begins to shake uncontrollably!

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a ghostly mara squirms out from the darkness!

Callavat swings a jet black falchion at a mist wraith!
AS: +213 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +77 = +274
... and hits for 132 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the mist wraith's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The mist wraith falls to the ground motionless.

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Hope's arms fall slack at her side and her eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Sethik's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Maswril's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Endevar drops to his knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Endevar's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Kaylac drops to his knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Kaylac's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Ichiko drops to her knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Ichiko's arms fall slack at her side and her eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Dardac drops to his knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Dardac's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Gradin's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Omnieloh's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Beedie's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Zhegir's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Crendo drops to his knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Crendo's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Everlyn drops to her knees in utter despair! Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the ghostly mara, Everlyn's arms fall slack at her side and her eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

A ghostly mara snatches up a falchion!

A mist wraith extends an evil talon!

A mist wraith swings a closed fist at Semantix!
AS: +65 vs DS: +225 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +92 = -64
A clean miss.

Thulevier bursts into slivers of shadow that fade away into the ground.

A dark apparition tries to bite you!
AS: +45 vs DS: +427 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +95 = -253
A clean miss.

Kaeser gestures at a ghostly mara.
CS: +307 - TD: +118 + CvA: +25 + d100: +4 == +218
Warding failed!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghostly mara's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A ghostly mara freezes suddenly and begins to shake uncontrollably!

Zosopage wrings his hands.

Omnieloh regains control of his senses!
Gradin regains control of his senses!
Sethik regains control of his senses!
Hope regains control of her senses!

Vonka blinks.

A haunting melody fills the air and fades as a ghostly mara dissipates into nothing.

A mist wraith claws at Erthevan!
AS: +50 vs DS: +335 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +51 = -197
A clean miss.

Jacintha gestures at a dark apparition.
CS: +280 - TD: +15 + CvA: +25 + d100: +67 == +357
Warding failed!
Various bits of the dark apparition melt away! +245 damage. You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the dark apparition's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The dark apparition slowly settles to the ground and begins to dissipate.

Callavat swings a jet black falchion at a mist wraith!
AS: +213 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +66 = +263
... and hits for 93 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the mist wraith's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The mist wraith falls to the ground motionless.

Opalina looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Opalina whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

You exclaim, "Holy Lumnis!"

Zhegir struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 9 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 91 = 210
Warding failed!
Zhegir moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Kaylac struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 36 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 69 = 161
Warding failed!
Kaylac chatters his teeth rapidly!

Everlyn struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 45 + FvP: 29 + d100(L): 11 = 91
Warded off!
Everlyn slowly regains control of her senses and she wipes away the tears from her eyes and the drool dribbling down her chin.

Beedie struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 24 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 14 = 112
Warding failed!
Beedie eyes grow wide with inner terror!

Dardac struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 45 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 78 = 155
Warding failed!
Dardac clutches himself and sobs pitifully as drool runs down his chin!

Endevar struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 3 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 63 = 188
Warding failed!
Endevar clutches his head and giggles madly, before choking on a pitiful whimper!

Maswril struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 88 = 166
Warding failed!
Maswril gibbers fitfully!

Crendo struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 39 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 28 = 115
Warding failed!
Crendo moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Ichiko struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 27 + d100(L): 50 = 125
Warding failed!
Ichiko gibbers fitfully!

A dark apparition vanishes into thin air, leaving no trace behind.

Hope blinks.

Everlyn scowls.

Jacintha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Jacintha gestures at a Silvermule courier.
Jacintha tries to hex the courier! She dodges quickly aside and grabs a small whistle out of her pouch. Blowing shrilly upon it, she alerts another courier nearby who hastens off in search of the Sheriff.
The courier heads south in a hurry to escape her attacker.

Vonka stares at Aslakian.

Zhegir struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 9 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 83 = 202
Warding failed!
Zhegir moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Kaylac struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 36 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 94 = 186
Warding failed!
Kaylac clutches himself and sobs pitifully as drool runs down his chin!

Beedie struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 24 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 90 = 188
Warding failed!
Beedie clutches his head and giggles madly, before choking on a pitiful whimper!

Dardac struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 45 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 18 = 95
Warded off!
Dardac slowly regains control of his senses and he wipes away the tears from his eyes and the drool dribbling down his chin.

Endevar struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 3 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 8 = 133
Warding failed!
Endevar babbles hysterically, drool running down his chin!

Maswril struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 97 = 175
Warding failed!
Maswril twitches fitfully!

Crendo struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 39 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 44 = 131
Warding failed!
Crendo cries out in sheer terror!

Ichiko struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 27 + d100(L): 57 = 132
Warding failed!
Ichiko moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Zehnduul snorts at Aslakian.

Kadesha squints at Aslakian.

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Jindarn's surroundings fills your mind...
...[Tavern Burrow, Porter Street]
...Two-story row houses painted in vivid colors line Porter Street, though at second glance, they are not as new as they had first appeared. An older halfling woman sits on the steps of a blue-tinted house, peeling apples and watching the people passing by.
...Also here: Lord Tjaran, Arimantis, Jindarn, Mnar
...Obvious paths: south, east, west, northeast.

Vonka asks, "How comes yer be so mean?"

Zhegir struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 9 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 45 = 164
Warding failed!
Zhegir cowers in fear!

Kaylac struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 36 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 16 = 108
Warding failed!
Kaylac eyes grow wide with inner terror!

Beedie struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 24 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 14 = 112
Warding failed!
Beedie moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Endevar struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 3 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 12 = 137
Warding failed!
Endevar cowers in fear!

Maswril struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 20 = 98
Warded off!
Maswril slowly regains control of his senses and he wipes away the tears from his eyes and the drool dribbling down his chin.

Crendo struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 39 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 33 = 120
Warding failed!
Crendo moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

Ichiko struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 27 + d100(L): 26 = 101
Warding failed!
Ichiko is racked by convulsive shivers!

Komate says, "alot o stunned folk"

The lich gestures at Kadesha. Kadesha begins to flicker and fade, a look of agony etched upon her face. A moment later, she simply winks out of sight.

Zosopage nods.

Opalina says, "lots of feared folk"

Zhegir struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 9 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 6 = 125
Warding failed!
Zhegir chatters his teeth rapidly!

Kaylac slowly regains control of his senses and he wipes away the tears from his eyes and the drool dribbling down his chin.

Beedie struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 24 + FvP: 26 + d100(L): 51 = 149
Warding failed!
Beedie opens his mouth and tries to scream, but nothing comes out!

Endevar struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 3 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 17 = 142
Warding failed!
Endevar opens his mouth and tries to scream, but nothing comes out!

Crendo struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 39 + FvP: 30 + d100(L): 82 = 169
Warding failed!
Crendo eyes grow wide with inner terror!

Ichiko struggles against the fear!
FS: 96 - FD: 48 + FvP: 27 + d100(L): 33 = 108
Warding failed!
Ichiko rocks back and forth while sobbing uncontrollably!

The lich gestures at Zosopage. Zosopage begins to flicker and fade, a look of agony etched upon his face. A moment later, he simply winks out of sight.

You concentrate on the Transference spell...
You gesture into the air.
A silvery fog envelops you. You feel a sudden lurching motion, and as the fog dissipates you see...

[Tavern Burrow, Ale Street]
Stucco seems the preferred building material of the Tavern Burrow residents. The street has been newly cobbled, and the rough edges cause several people to nearly trip as they hurry along. A stucco well attracts a group of children, who drop stones into it, then hoot with glee at the muffled splash. You also see some gold and onyx dice, the Eugenides disk and some ambrominas leaf.
Also here: Jindarn, Mnar, Skwirly who is seated, Cimberlyn who is seated, Eugenides who is seated
Obvious paths: north, south, northwest.

Mnar says, "The well, Isci"

Mnar says, "Where is the well"

You say, "They are fearing most of the Centre.

Skwirly blinks.

Mnar says, "Gah"

Arimantis offers Jindarn a white ora falchion.

Skwirly begins to twitch.

Tjaran clenches his fist.

Mnar's group just went north.

You gesture into the air.
A silvery fog envelops you. You feel a sudden lurching motion, and as the fog dissipates you see...

[Tavern Burrow, Stout Street]
The rear entry to the Silvermule Gaming Hall is nearly as impressive as the main entrance. Espaliered pear trees grow to either side of the massive doors, with silvery fruit affixed to their branches. A smiling attendant in silver and blue waves at you as you pass by.
Also here: Jindarn, Mnar
Obvious paths: north, south.

Mnar asks, "The well!?"

Jindarn smiles at you.

Jindarn is already a member of Mnar's group.

Thulevier fades into sight from a shadow on the ground.

Mnar pulls his hand away from you.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Thulevier gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Thulevier gestures at Mnar.
CS: +3559 - TD: +283 + CvA: -6 + d100: +53 - -5 == +3328
Warding failed!
Mnar suddenly stops all movement.

Mnar exclaims, "Where is the wel??!"

Mnar says, "Oh pales, run"

Thulevier says, "It does not matter, now."

You say, "Let me take ye."

Mnar says, "Grab him and run"

Jindarn is already a member of Mnar's group.

Jindarn removes a rolaren battle axe from in his leather scabbard.

Mnar says, "Healer, grab the stonemason and run"

As the lich points at Jindarn, mystical energy suddenly envelopes him.
Jindarn is stunned!

You say, "I'm trying."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

As the lich points at Jindarn, mystical energy suddenly envelopes him.
Jindarn is stunned!

You grab Jindarn's hand.
You grab Jindarn's hand.

Mnar exclaims, "Drag!"

Thulevier says, "It's time, stoneworker."

Jindarn exclaims, "I will not run from the likes of you!"

Mnar exclaims, "Hurry!"

You clasp Jindarn's hand tenderly.

Thulevier says, "Then die."

[Icemule Trace, Well]
A precarious ledge juts out from the wall and a few broken stones of the well shaft's lining, icy to the touch, serve as a handhold. The pale circle of the well's mouth above outlines a rusted winch. A fraying rope dangles past you into the shadows below. You also see the stone lip of the well above.
Obvious exits: down.
Jindarn followed.

[Great Cavern, Stalagmite Forest]
The fog that rolls about the cavern in twin layers has grown so thick here that it is a single massive bank of dark grey. Dim shapes of stone mark the edges of your vision like sentries. Every now and then the fog lifts a bit, giving you a glimpse of what lies beyond.
Obvious exits: north, west, southeast.
Jindarn followed.

You ask, "Where are ye to go? The keep?"

A carrion worm just slithered in.

[Great Cavern, Stalagmite Forest]
The cavern continues to the west, but a dark fissure blocks any further progress. Fumes pour forth in waves, and it takes a moment to recover from their impact. Fortified with a deep breath and steeled to the reek, the stench is just bearable.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast.
Jindarn followed.

Jindarn nods.

[Thurfel's Keep]
The amount of workmanship put into the eroded seaglass floor of this entry is mindboggling. Painstakingly laid with meticulous care, the faded pastel glass forms the mosaic of an overflowing cream-filled tart. The room itself is quite barren, although smoke and mist can be seen through an archway leading north. You also see a string of hanging seashells.
Obvious exits: north, east, west.
Jindarn followed.

A deranged sentry lumbers in.

You ask, "Any particular place in here?"

You cock your head at Jindarn.

Jindarn says, "the cabana"

You take a quick appraisal of Jindarn and find that he has some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand.

A deranged sentry lumbers north.

You meditate over Jindarn.
Jindarn's left hand damage is transferred to you.

A deranged sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left hand feels better.

A deranged sentry lumbers in.

You ask, "Jindarn?"

A deranged sentry swings a pearlescent abalone-hafted halberd at Jindarn!
AS: +77 vs DS: +251 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +2 = -152
A clean miss.

Jindarn asks, "aye?"

A deranged sentry lumbers east.
A deranged sentry lumbers in.

You concentrate on the Minor Sanctuary spell...
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A deranged sentry furrows his brow as he glances about.

You ask, "Any particular place in here?"

Jindarn says, "the cabana"

Jindarn nods.

You say, "Oh, the cabana."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

[Thurfel's Island]
Huge seabirds circle overhead, their raucous squawking filling the air as they idly glide above the beach. From time to time, one will swoop into the lake and come up with a wriggling fish trapped within its beak. You also see a small coral cabana.
Obvious exits: east, southwest.
Jindarn followed.

You say, "Here ye are."

You ask, "Is it open?"

You knock upon a small coral cabana.

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

Thulevier fades into sight from a shadow around the surroundings.

Thulevier gestures at you.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

You gasp.

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Thulevier says, "I tire of this."

Jindarn exclaims, "open up!"

Thulevier says, "It ends."

A speckled tangerine crocodile slithers in.

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Jindarn, the storm engulfing him in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Jindarn looks like an oversized firefly!

A speckled tangerine crocodile tries to bite Thulevier!
AS: +80 vs DS: +15905 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +25 = -15768
A clean miss.
The crocodile slithers east.

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Jindarn, the storm engulfing him in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Jindarn looks like an oversized firefly!
... 35 points of damage!
Spectacular arc of electricity enters one ear and comes out the other. Instant death.
* Jindarn drops dead at your feet!

You flail your arms about.

You put a razor-sharp rolaren falchion in your tooled-leather harness.

You hear the voice of Aslakian say, "Fool"

You remove a pale purple glaes flask from in your spidersilk skirt.

You force Jindarn's mouth open, and pour in a small amount from your purple glaes flask.
Your magic fizzles ineffectually.

Thulevier says, "Know the price of allying with our enemies."

You put a pale purple glaes flask in your spidersilk skirt.

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.

A brilliant red crocodile slithers in.

You exclaim, "Damn!"

A brilliant red crocodile charges at you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +14 = -259
A clean miss.
The crocodile looks a little dubious about its situation.
A brilliant red crocodile thrashes its tail about wildly.

You reach down and tenderly cradle Jindarn's lifeless hand in yours.

Thulevier touches Jindarn's forehead, and his body decays away like a rotting leaf.

A brilliant red crocodile charges at you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +57 = -216
A clean miss.
The crocodile slithers east.

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

You scream!

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare you!
AS: +72 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +26 = -246
A clean miss.
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Thulevier says, "Remember it, Essencebearer."

Thulevier says, "Remember it well."

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

You hear the voice of Thurfel exclaim, "you!"

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare you!
AS: +54 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +14 = -276
A clean miss.

You hear the voice of Thurfel ask, "what did you do with my stoneworker?"

Thulevier narrows his eyes.

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

You belt out, "They killed him!"

Thulevier says, "He is gone, you traitor. Gone forever, you will soon join him."

A glittering crystal crab claws at you!
AS: +80 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +60 = -197
A clean miss.
A glittering crystal crab twitches its feelers anxiously!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Arimantis's group just arrived.

You hear the voice of Thurfel say, "you shall rot a thousand deaths Thulevier"

You belt out, "M'lord they killed him!"

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Thulevier says, "I already have, thanks to you."

Flames and fire explode outward from the sceptre, the heat intense. The raging inferno burns in every direction, then subsides.
Thulevier just vanished.

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

Tjaran tightens his grip on his vultite broadsword.

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Tjaran!
AS: +72 vs DS: +174 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +26 = -48
A clean miss.

You exclaim, "They killed him!"

You exclaim, "They killed him!"

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Tjaran nods to you.

You flail your arms about.

You hear the voice of Thurfel ask, "they killed him?"

Tjaran says, "I know..."

You say, "Aye."

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!
A brilliant red crocodile slithers in.

(Iscikella takes a steadying deep breath.)

A glittering crystal crab claws at you!
AS: +80 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +36 = -221
A clean miss.

You say, "touched his forehead and he decayed right in front on me."

A glittering crystal crab claws at Tjaran!
AS: +60 vs DS: +174 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +99 = +20
A clean miss.

You say, "I was trying to fog him out."

You flail your arms about.

Arimantis says, "Well.. guess he won be needing the falchion"

A glittering crystal crab retreats back into its crystal shell.

Tjaran winces.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis put a white ora falchion in his spidersilk vestment.

A brilliant red crocodile tries to bite Tjaran!
AS: +80 vs DS: +174 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +97 = +35
A clean miss.
The crocodile slithers east.

A glittering crystal crab teeters on its thorax.

The sand coalesces into a shimmering form.

A glittering crystal crab twitches its feelers anxiously!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Thurfel sneers.

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Arimantis bows to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "how dare they"

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Tjaran bows to Thurfel.

You say, "M'lord."

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.
A glittering crystal crab retreats back into its crystal shell.

Arimantis says, "Aye.. he is your worker to torture"

Arimantis coughs.

Thurfel says, "the town is in incredible danger from them"

A cold voice barely pierces the air, but its tone is full of malice, "You cannot hold us back forever, Thurfel. We will return with the staff and set all ablaze." With a rasping sigh like the breath of the fetid dead, the sound fades away.

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

You flail your arms about.

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

Tjaran says, "Chyea..."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

A bright green monkey scampers in at a reckless tear!

Thurfel yells, "And I shall be awaiting you!"

You say, "I took him to the keep."

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

You say, "And then he said here."

Arimantis asks, "Thurfel.. had he finished his work?"

You say, "And Thulevier came."

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

Thurfel says, "his work was mostly finished"

Thurfel says, "and it is marvelous"

Arimantis nods.

You exclaim, "I couldn't stop them!"

Thurfel shakes his head.

You flail your arms about.

Tjaran asks, "Mostly? Is something incomplete, my Lord?"

Thurfel says, "they had no need to slay him"

Thurfel nods to Tjaran.

Tjaran frets.

Arimantis asks, "Finished enough, so that it will work without him?"

Thurfel says, "It is not quite complete"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

A glittering crystal crab skitters out from behind a nearby sandbank, its pincers raised in challenge!

You sigh.

Thurfel says, "In its current state, it is simply a decoration and nothing more"

A crystalline crab tries to ensnare you!
AS: +65 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +15 = -264
A clean miss.
The crab skitters east.

Arimantis sighs.

Thurfel says, "I sent him to find some white ora"

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Arimantis!
AS: +72 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +49 = -146
A clean miss.

You say, "That is not good."

You say, "He got some."

You nod.

A glittering crystal crab twitches its feelers anxiously!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

You say, "But they killed him."

Arimantis asks, "If you had it.. would you be able to complete it?"

You say, "They kept questioning him."

You say, "In the Centre."

Thurfel says, "He was a good man, he was not deserving of their wrath"

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Tjaran!
AS: +72 vs DS: +159 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +86 = +27
A clean miss.

Alyxandrah fades into view.

Arimantis sighs.

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Thurfel!
AS: +54 vs DS: +6989 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +16 = -6888
A clean miss.

Thurfel smiles at Alyxandrah.

Thurfel says, "I do not know if my forges or my smiths can complete it"

Arimantis asks, "I have some ora.. you think you would be able to complete what needs to be done?"

You cock your head at Alyxandrah.

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

Arimantis nods.

Thurfel says, "but we will do our best"

Alyxandrah says, "Greetings, all."

A glittering crystal crab claws at Arimantis!
AS: +60 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +23 = -177
A clean miss.

Arimantis removes a white ora falchion from in his spidersilk vestment.

Thurfel says, "I need at least three pounds"

Tjaran bows to Alyxandrah.

Arimantis carefully examines his ora falchion.

A glittering crystal crab twitches its feelers anxiously!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Arimantis asks, "Hows bout 5?"

Thurfel says, "that would certainly work"

Arimantis offers Thurfel a white ora falchion.

Thurfel asks, "is it blessed?"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I am sorry. I tried to get him away."

You sigh.

Arimantis says, "Is white ora.. sanctified"

Thurfel whispers, "I'm sure your did your best my love"

Thurfel nods to Arimantis.

Thurfel accepts Arimantis's ora falchion.

Arimantis says, "What he asked for"

Arimantis says, "I was gonna give it to him.. but, well.."

Thurfel drops a white ora falchion.

Arimantis coughs.

You ask, "Hmmm... problem with it?"

You blink at Thurfel.

Thurfel begins to whisper a few silent words

Arimantis glances at a white ora falchion.

You say, "ah..."

Arimantis ponders.

You say, "I see..."

A glittering crystal crab skitters in!

Thurfel says, "one moment"

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Thurfel draws one simple, and one complex rune near the weapon in the sand.

(Arimantis gazes down at the runes)

Tjaran frets.

You cock your head.

Tjaran says, "Aslakian is threatening people..."

Thurfel mummurs a few words, his voice both rising and falling in tone.

(Iscikella watches closely.)

Alyxandrah nods to Tjaran.

Thurfel asks, "Aslakian is still nearby?"

You ask, "Are ye surprised by that?"

Tjaran nods.

Alyxandrah says, "In town."

You nod to Thurfel.

Alyxandrah nods to Thurfel.

Tjaran says, "Not one bit."

You say, "He was with the other."

Tjaran says, "Just concerened..."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You say, "They brought out mist wraiths."

You say, "In the Centre."

Komate just arrived.

Arimantis says, "I will go back up, should the death toll start ta rise. Until then, Im sure I won be any good up there"

Thurfel reaches into his satchel and pulls a vial out. He allows a single drop of crimson fluid to drop upon the weapon.

You grimace.

Arimantis ponders.

(Iscikella watches the fluid on the metal.)

Komate scratches himself idly.

Alyxandrah glances at something inside a midnight blue veniom-threaded cloak with a single king crab burned into the center of the fabric.

The falchion begins to writhe and twist.

You blink.

Arimantis squints at a white ora falchion.

You exclaim, "It's alive!"

Komate rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Tjaran releases a slow, low whistle.

(Arimantis steps back a bit from the falchion)

The falchion begins to shimmer and glow, its form writhing in the sand.

Arimantis ponders.

Tjaran says, "Motion to the motionless..."

Komate says, "now das a nifty trick"

Thurfel picks up an enruned white ora serpent.

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Alyxandrah!
AS: +72 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +54 = -164
A clean miss.

You blink.

A speckled tangerine crocodile tries to bite Tjaran!
AS: +80 vs DS: +134 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +58 = +36
A clean miss.
A speckled tangerine crocodile roars and hisses menacingly.

Arimantis says, "Hmm..."

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Oh!"

A glittering crystal crab claws at Komate!
AS: +100 vs DS: +472 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +98 = -255
A clean miss.
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

You say, "a white ora serpent..."

A speckled tangerine crocodile tries to bite Komate!
AS: +80 vs DS: +472 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +38 = -335
A clean miss.
The crocodile looks a little dubious about its situation.
The crocodile slithers east.

You blink.

Thurfel traces his fingers along the serpent.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Komate asks, "dat kill da bad tings upstairs?"

The serpent within Thurfel's hands glows crimson for a moment, than fades.

Thurfel says, "this shall do"

Arimantis asks, "That what Jindarn was gonna make?"

You see Grand Lord Thurfel Morpholik the Halfling Wizard.
He appears to be in his 150's, has short, curly sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and pale skin.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an enruned white ora serpent in his right hand and a pearlescent abalone sceptre in his left hand.
He is wearing an amber serpent earcuff, a singed crabshell pouch, some very scorched robes, a dark leather satchel clasped with a crimson crab, a supple grey leather pouch, and a small coral shield.

Arimantis works his fingers under his leather hat and scratches his head.

Thurfel says, "no, he was not to make this"

Thurfel says, "he was to set it into the stone for me"

A florid mauve crocodile charges at Tjaran!
AS: +70 vs DS: +134 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +66 = +31
A clean miss.
A florid mauve crocodile roars and hisses menacingly.

Arimantis says, "Ahh"

You nod.

Komate rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You ask, "And ye have someone who can do such setting?"

A florid mauve crocodile thrashes its tail about wildly.

Thurfel says, "my sentries will likely destroy this, or the stone when they try"

You sigh.

Arimantis nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "not any more"

You say, "That is not good."

Alyxandrah sighs.

A glittering crystal crab skitters out from behind a nearby sandbank, its pincers raised in challenge!

Thurfel asks, "is there a stoneworker in town of any note?"

Tjaran slowly empties his lungs.

Arimantis asks, "There anyone who be good with rocks an such?"

Arimantis gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Komate says, "nae as i know of"

You say, "I can't think of one."

Thurfel put an enruned white ora serpent in his crabshell pouch.

Thurfel asks, "any merchant who works with stone?"

Tjaran says, "I know little of stoneworkers."

You say, "Hmmm..."

Arimantis ponders.

You say, "Stone..."

You say, "Not the weaponsmith."

You say, "Not the armorer."

Thurfel says, "it will need to be one of much skill"

Komate says, "nae stone"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis says, "There be several jewlers I kin think of.."

Komate says, "metals"

A glittering crystal crab claws at Alyxandrah!
AS: +80 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +71 = -132
A clean miss.

You ask, "Perhaps, the amulet merchant?"

Thurfel says, "the obsidian is very brittle"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

You say, "He works in stone."

Thurfel asks, "who is the amulet merchant?"

Arimantis says, "Hsark might be able ta do it"

Arimantis ponders.

A deep pink monkey swings a length of coiled red vine at Thurfel!
AS: +70 vs DS: +6989 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +79 = -6815
A clean miss.
The monkey does a little back flip and screeches in panic!

You ask, "Arimantis, what is his name?"

Thurfel asks, "Sark?"

Komate blinks.

You ask, "The amulet fellow?"

Arimantis ponders.

Alyxandrah says, "Amuletworker."

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Komate!
AS: +72 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +11 = -400
A clean miss.

Alyxandrah nods to you.

Komate chuckles.

Komate just tickled Alyxandrah.

Thurfel says, "It will need to be soon"

Arimantis asks, "The one in the landin?"

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Tjaran!
AS: +90 vs DS: +109 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +56 = +65
A clean miss.

Thurfel says, "the power they have grows each day"

You say, "He does work in stone."

Komate says, "here"

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Tjaran!
AS: +54 vs DS: +109 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +64 = +37
A clean miss.

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Arimantis!
AS: +72 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +70 = -125
A clean miss.

You say, "he has a name."

A glittering crystal crab claws at Komate!
AS: +80 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +49 = -379
A clean miss.

You say, "It is eluding me."

A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

A glittering crystal crab claws at you!
AS: +80 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +10 = -247
A clean miss.

You say, "And I have lived here so long."

A glittering crystal crab twitches its feelers anxiously!
A glittering crystal crab twitches and skitters east.

Komate says, "could be sark"

Komate rubs his chin thoughtfully.

A glittering crystal crab tries to ensnare Thurfel!
AS: +90 vs DS: +6989 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +14 = -6854
A clean miss.

You shake your head.

A glittering crystal crab claws at Arimantis!
AS: +100 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +72 = -88
A clean miss.

A florid mauve crocodile tries to bite Arimantis!
AS: +80 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +43 = -140
A clean miss.
A florid mauve crocodile thrashes its tail about wildly.

You say, "I don't think so."

A glittering crystal crab claws at Alyxandrah!
AS: +100 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +79 = -104
A clean miss.

Arimantis says, "Hsark be a wanderin merchant, I seen do work in both metal an stone"

Thurfel says, "I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable of the craftsman"

A florid mauve crocodile charges at you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +87 = -186
A clean miss.

Thurfel asks, "Is he about?"

Arimantis shakes his head.

Thurfel asks, "How do we find him then?"

Arimantis says, "Off wanderin, I suppose"

You say, "Well, the amulet worker is generally in his shop."

Komate asks, "Hsark?"

You ask, "Ye think he might be able?"

Alyxandrah looks rather confused.

Arimantis nods to you.

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Lord Roelon just arrived.

A deep pink monkey sticks her tongue out at Komate and says, "PPppPbPbPbbpbpbtttt!"

Alyxandrah asks, "Which are we talking about?"

Roelon bellows a guttural series of oaths at himself.

Komate says, "he does pins"

Alyxandrah beams happily at Roelon!

Alyxandrah grins at Roelon.

You say, "Not Hsark."

You shake your head.

Roelon asks, "Can ye nae kill that blasted thing in town?"

Roelon grumbles.

Arimantis says, "His work isn't as intricate, but he might do in an emergency"

You say, "The amulet worker."

A deep pink monkey swings a length of coiled red vine at you!
AS: +70 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +8 = -272
A clean miss.
The monkey does a little back flip and screeches in panic!

A glittering crystal crab claws at Komate!
AS: +80 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +57 = -371
A clean miss.

Thurfel says, "let us go to town"

Thurfel says, "I shall try to rid it of the pest"

A deep pink monkey swings a length of coiled red vine at Roelon!
AS: +70 vs DS: +686 with AvD: +14 + d100 roll: +22 = -580
A clean miss.
The monkey does a little back flip and screeches in panic!

Roelon says, "It's in the center of town.."

You nod to Thurfel.

Komate asks, "tis?"

Thurfel joins Roelon's group.

A deep pink monkey swings a length of coiled red vine at Alyxandrah!
AS: +70 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +58 = -168
A clean miss.
The monkey does a little back flip and screeches in panic!

Roelon ponders.

A deep pink monkey swings a length of coiled red vine at Roelon!
AS: +70 vs DS: +686 with AvD: +14 + d100 roll: +17 = -585
A clean miss.

Komate says, "dis should be interestin"

Roelon says, "Ok.."

You ask, "Would ye like me to lead, Roelon? Or ye fine?"

Roelon cracks his knuckles.

Alyxandrah just nudged Roelon.

Lord Roelon's group just went southwest.

[Thurfel's Island]
A quiet inlet of water intrudes upon this portion of the island, a large sandbar just offshore sheltering the lagoon from the rough offshore waves. Giant crystal stakes topped with sapphire blue globes have been pounded into the sand, perfectly equidistant from each other.
Also in the room: Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Komate, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran, Lord Roelon, Ravonprayer who is kneeling
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest.

Komate says, "ya know rangers...."

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Lord Roelon, Lord Tjaran, Alyxandrah, Komate, Arimantis, Grand Lord Thurfel, the body of Zhegir who is lying down, the body of Lady Opalina who is lying down, the body of Aranrhod who is lying down, the body of Journeyman Crendo who is lying down, the body of Great Lord Tophal who is lying down, the body of Giantbandus who is lying down, the body of Jiron who is lying down, the body of Lady Qya who is lying down, Journeyman Jiire who is lying down, Lord Horadell, the body of Spaner who is lying down, the body of Zynaferus who is lying down, the body of Lord Haxley who is lying down, the body of Tig who is lying down, Anyarthra, the body of Allaysha who is lying down, the body of Brieynne who is lying down, Lord Melan, Hylissa, Jadina who is kneeling, the body of Lady Jolivette who is lying down, the body of Randela who is lying down, the body of Drynthren who is lying down, the body of Endevar who is lying down, the body of Skwirly who is lying down, the body of Eugenides who is lying down, the b Obvious paths: north.

Skyfawn says, "best bet to stay here"

Komate whistles tunelessly to himself.

You hear the ghostly voice of Qya say, "wow lots of bodies"

Lord Roelon's group went through a wrought-iron gate.

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Pieces of ice dot the street and one yard sports a small, carrot-nosed snowman. To the north looms the glacier, above the dwellings on the streets, with the Temple sitting atop it. Carved from the ice, the Temple gleams in the sun, giving those that live here an impressive view. You also see a snow-covered stone path and a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Komate, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran, Lord Roelon
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

Alyxandrah's jaw drops.

Roelon strikes a heroic pose.

Komate chuckles.

Mnar just arrived.

Mnar went through a wrought-iron gate.

Anyarthra came through a wrought-iron gate.

Komate blinks.

Lord Roelon's group just went southwest.

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Small houses line the road, painted in a riot of bright colors. The dwellings follow no set plan, some with one story, others with two. Halflings wander down the road, waving to each other and stopping to converse. One halfling stands on a ladder, carefully touching up the paint on his roof while his wife looks on, giving orders. You also see a wraith talon and an elegant brown bandana.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Komate, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran, Lord Roelon
Obvious paths: west, northeast.

Mnar just arrived.

Mnar squints.

Komate says, "how"

Roelon says, "Learned something new ah did."

Roelon nods.

Komate says, "wha"

Lord Roelon's group just went west.

[Icemule Trace, North Road]
Crowds of people bustle up this road, on their way to one place or another. Several groups of warriors stride to the north, clad in warm furs and mufflers, while others in cassocks and robes walk more slowly, making signs of blessing at expectant women and small children.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Komate, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran, Lord Roelon
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west.

A cool breeze provides a welcome relief from the ceaseless warmth of the sun.

Komate rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Lord Roelon's group just went south.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Komate, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran, Lord Roelon, Aslakian, Duplex who is lying down, Zehnduul who is lying down, Ashmoreth who is lying down, High Lady Kadesha who is lying down, Great Lord Robinblood who is lying down, Lady Nakitta who is lying down, the body of Beedie who is lying down.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Komate gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Roelon ponders.

Roelon looks rather confused.

Aslakian glances at Thurfel.

Roelon says, "It left."

Alyxandrah glances at Aslakian.

Lady Atoyoz just arrived.

Roelon hisses at Aslakian.

Aslakian says, "So, you show yourself finally, coward."

Kadesha glares at Aslakian.

Robinblood glances at Thurfel.

You glance at Aslakian.

Mnar exclaims, "Gods damn it, if you send someone to town for materials, tell them to be more careful!"

Alexhandro blinks.

Mnar stares at Thurfel.

Tjaran says, "Chyea..."

Lord Alexhandro just went west.

Kadesha begins chuckling at Mnar.

Roelon starts chortling.

Roelon waves a hand at Aslakian, dismissing him indifferently.

Komate glances at Aslakian.

You say, "I couldn't protect him, Mnar. Got him to the cabana, but the liches killed him."

You sigh.

Atoyoz whispers, "Could spare just a touch of healing....I seem to be bleeding from every pore in my body."

Roelon says, "Run while ye kin."

Thurfel says, "Aslakian"

You take a quick appraisal of Atoyoz and find that she has minor bruises on her neck, some minor cuts and bruises on her right arm, some minor cuts and bruises on her left arm, some minor cuts and bruises on her right leg, some minor cuts and bruises on her left leg, some minor cuts and bruises on her right hand, some minor cuts and bruises on her left hand, minor cuts and bruises on her chest, minor cuts and bruises on her abdominal area, minor cuts and bruises on her back, a bruised right eye, a bruised left eye, and minor bruises about the head. She is bleeding slightly from the right eye, and slightly from the left eye.

Roelon squints at Aslakian.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's head damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's right eye damage is transferred to you.

Aslakian asks, "So Thurfel, rob any graves lately?"

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's left eye damage is transferred to you.

Roelon snorts.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Mnar takes a bite of his wolifrew lichen.
Mnar's twitching subsides.
Mnar drops some wolifrew lichen.

Alyxandrah raises an eyebrow in Aslakian's direction.

Robinblood whispers, "Healing please?"

Vonka just arrived.

Roelon tightens his grip on his sinuous blade.

Thurfel says, "I will rend you limb from limb and feed you to the starfish"

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's right arm damage is transferred to you.

Roelon just hugged Vonka.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's right hand damage is transferred to you.

Kiowha snaps his fingers.

Mnar whispers to the group, "Look, if these two are about to fight, we shouldn't be here."

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's left arm damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's left hand damage is transferred to you.

Vonka just hugged Roelon.

Atoyoz whispers, "Don't take it all if it will cause you a problem..."

Vonka whimpers.

Kiowha asks, "wheres all the dead bodies?"

Kadesha gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Thurfel fire begins to flare from Thurfel's hands.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's right leg damage is transferred to you.

Lord Alexhandro just arrived.

Atoyoz says, "I took them to Voln."

Kadesha says, "Voln most likely"

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's left leg damage is transferred to you.

Kiowha nods.

Lord Kiowha's group just went north.

Aslakian says, "Yes, your vaunted powers."

Shonison chuckles.

Aslakian says, "Please spare me."

Thurfel begins to glow an angry crimson.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's chest damage is transferred to you.

Aslakian laughs!

Vonka wrings her hands.

You blink at Thurfel.

Shonison bows to Thurfel.

Aslakian says, "Fools."

Kadesha says, "gettem Thurfel"

Roelon starts chortling.

Atoyoz glares at Aslakian.

Kadesha grins.

Alyxandrah shifts her eyes to Thurfel.

Mnar whispers to the group, "He can stay, then, but we're doomed if we don't get out before the fireworks begin"

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

Shonison says, "glad to see you"

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's back damage is transferred to you.

Omnieloh turns towards Thurfel and renders a sharp salute with his black rolaren backsword.

You meditate over Atoyoz.
Atoyoz's neck damage is transferred to you.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Sindani glowers darkly at Aslakian.

Roelon says, "Ye will get used to that phrase, Aslakian"

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your neck feels better.

The lich gestures at you, spiraling coils of flame leaping from its fingertips. You find yourself engulfed in flames.
... 43 points of damage!
Head explodes, splattering sizzling bits of flesh and bone everywhere.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

Roelon squints.

The ground beneath Thurfel begins to boil, the ice melting into a puddle.

Vonka wails!

Alyxandrah gasps.

Alexhandro blinks.

You see a wave of energy emanate from Atoyoz toward you. It coalesces around your body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around your body.

Tjaran glares.

Robinblood glances at Thurfel.

Atoyoz reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in hers.

Roelon hauls off and slaps Aslakian up'side his head!

Vonka exclaims, "Iscikella!"

Zehnduul reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in his.

Tjaran tightens his grip on his vultite broadsword.

Ashmoreth just arrived.
Juspera just arrived.

Alexhandro says, "Youch."

Vonka wails!

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Aslakian!
... 30 points of damage!
Head explodes in flames! Grab some marshmallows.
He is stunned!

Roelon says, "Learn some manners, ye rottin' piece of leather."

Zosopage lets out a loud keening cry of pure grief.

You say, "yes."

Kadesha lets out a cheer!

Shonison exclaims, "yes!"

Sindani cackles!

Zosopage gazes at you with a look of utter sorrow in his eyes.

Tjaran lets out a cheer!

Sindani lets out a cheer!

Juspera glances at Aslakian.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Aslakian!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames incinerate scalp completely and blacken skullcap. Not very fashionable.

Vonka beams!

Shonison lets out a cheer!

Robinblood grins at Aslakian.

Mnar rubs his chin thoughtfully.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Aslakian!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to chest make you wish you never heard of heartburn.

Mnar gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Mnar gestures at Aslakian.
A crimson barrier flickers about Aslakian for a heartbeat, then subsides. The crimson field suddenly flares to life and lashes out at Mnar!
... 70 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds Mnar. Blood boils and heart stops.
* Mnar drops dead at your feet!

Kadesha says, "ok Thurfel i jes decided yer alright"

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Roelon turns to face Mnar.

You see a wave of energy emanate from Atoyoz toward Mnar. It coalesces around his body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around the body.

You hear the ghostly voice of Mnar say, "Oof"

Roelon shakes his head.

Vonka wails!

Shonison says, "oof"

Drexla just arrived.

(Juspera prods Mnar with her toe.)

Sorshya frowns.

Vonka just hugged Mnar.

Thurfel gestures.
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Aslakian!
... 5 points of damage!
Light shock to right leg. That stings!
A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!

Drexla leans on Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "more more"

Vonka exclaims, "Poor ol' Mnar!"

Roelon ponders.

A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Aslakian!
... 25 points of damage!
Heavy jolt to chest causes solar plexus to explode. Remarkable display of spraying blood.
A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!

Alyxandrah rubs you gently.

Atoyoz reaches down and tenderly cradles Mnar's lifeless hand in hers.

Atoyoz's group blurs into a white fog and vanishes!

Alyxandrah shakes her head.

Thurfel raises his sceptre

Lady Atoyoz just arrived.

Alexhandro snaps his fingers.

Thurfel says, "to the depths of the abyss with you."

Roelon takes a few steps back.

Vonka stares at Thurfel.

Kadesha faces Thurfel, closes her eyes and begins chanting. A small spark leaps from Kadesha's fingers... but little else happens.

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre at Aslakian!
The very ground itself comes alive, the dirt and stones at your feet exploding upward. The debris continues to erupt, until vision is completely obscured. Thunder booms overhead, and a several forked lightning bolts assault the area. Finally, the chaos subsides, but Aslakian is gone.
Aslakian just vanished.

Kadesha chuckles.

Omnieloh renews his songs.

Omnieloh lets out a cheer!

Chomm lets out a cheer!

Alyxandrah gasps.

Alyxandrah gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Robinblood grins.

Tjaran turns to Thurfel and cheers!

Robinblood raises his rolaren-veined falchion in triumph!

Shonison says, "one down"

Vonka beams happily at Thurfel!

Gradin lets out a cheer!

Omnieloh says, "weel done"

You say, "Thank ye, m'lord."

Alyxandrah smiles at Thurfel.

Atoyoz slowly empties her lungs.

Roelon ponders.

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Thank you!"

Sindani rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Omnieloh says, "other lich in voln"

Atoyoz asks, "Is he gone for good?"

Thurfel looks at you with a look of utter sorrow in his eyes.

Thurfel asks, "can somebody help her?"

Tjaran exclaims, "Marvelously done, my Lord!"

Zosopage lets out a cheer!

Kadesha rubs you gently.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Thank ye for that."

Shonison meditates over you.
Shonison takes your head damage.

Vonka asks, "Be he gone ferever?"

Nakitta turns to Thurfel and cheers!

Shonison meditates over you.
Shonison takes your right arm damage.

Thurfel says, "no, he is not gone for good I'm afraid"

Kadesha nods to Thurfel.

Shonison meditates over you.
Shonison takes your left arm damage.

Vonka beams happily at Thurfel!

Thurfel says, "there is only one way to do that"

Tjaran nods to Thurfel.

Vonka bites her lip.

Shonison says, "Iscikella is healed up"

Kadesha gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Kadesha encompassing you.
You sense the warmth and comfort of salvation.

Omnieloh says, "lich in voln"

Tjaran says, "I know."

Juspera says, "Fancy parlor tricks."

Juspera grins.

Roelon ponders.

Vonka sighs sadly.

Juspera just went north.

Gradin asks, "What way is that, Thurfel?"

Thurfel nods to Roelon.

Tjaran says, "But still, at least he is gone for the moment."

Robinblood smiles.

Kadesha carefully diagnoses your injuries.

Vonka cocks her head at Roelon.

Thurfel says, "If I had the staff, I could perhaps defeat them for good"

Kadesha raises her hand to her Lorminstra symbol, touching the image of a golden key.
Kadesha touches you.

Atoyoz furrows her brow.

Vonka wrings her hands.

Thurfel says, "I have given up hope of recovering it however"

Kadesha gestures at you.
Kadesha suddenly looks very drained.
You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

Shonison says, "It is in Ta'Vaalor, Thurfel"

Atoyoz nods to Thurfel.

Vonka says, "Aye."

Thurfel says, "and am working on a secondary way"

Alyxandrah gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

Roelon grins.

You stand back up.

You say, "Thank ye, Alyx."

Alyxandrah gestures at Kadesha.
The glazed look leaves Kadesha.

Robinblood faces you, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between the two of you. You gain 61 mana points!
Robinblood opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.

Vonka just hugged Kadesha.

You say, "Thank ye, Kadesha."

Alyxandrah blinks at Thurfel.

Tjaran says, "There is always a way, and an alternative."

Kadesha hugs you.

Kadesha faces you, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between the two of you. You gain 100 mana points!
Kadesha opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.

Thurfel says, "My construct is nearly complete"

Roelon leans on his blade.

Vonka asks, "Whut yer makin?"

Thurfel says, "it will be the way to contain them, then defeat them"

Thurfel nods to Vonka.

Shonison asks, "can you tell us what it is?"

Vonka beams happily at Thurfel!

Roelon ponders.

Vonka furrows her brow.

Thurfel says, "to do so, would be to sign your death warrants"

Shonison says, "I...see..."

Vonka says, "Welp..."

Thurfel says, "The liches will torture and kill anybody who know"

Shonison nods.

Kadesha says, "Thurfel I truly hope this time they are sent beyond the gates where they belong"

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Vonka says, "We sorter seem ter git dead anyways."

Roelon snorts.

You ask, "About what ye are making?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Roelon says, "Ah been through worse."

Roelon starts chortling.

Thurfel says, "when I am finished with them"

Drexla says, "Tell them Xeldria knows...."

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Thurfel says, "you will have no more worries of them"

Drexla says, "Wait, that won't work"

Drexla mutters under her breath.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Ye believe they have a suspicion, m'lord?"

Sindani rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Vonka says, "An' dey dun' need no 'scuses fer torturin' folks."

Kadesha begins chuckling at Drexla.

Gradin grins slowly.

Thurfel nods to you.

You bite your lip.

High Lady Kadesha just went north.

Kiowha says, "got a dead body two south from here"

Kiowha says, "lk'd em"

Thurfel asks, "was the body of Jindar recovered?"

Vonka bites her lip.

Atoyoz says, "I think I took him to Voln."

Sindani asks, "Jindar?"

Roelon shakes his head.

Gradin says, "Jindarn"

Alyxandrah nods to Alexhandro.

Vonka says, "I didn' see 'im der."

Atoyoz rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Roelon says, "Ah walk into town, and there were dead bodies everywhere."

The ptarmigan screeches, and with a mighty leap, hurls itself into the air.

Starkly glances at Thurfel.

Roelon starts chortling.

Vonka says, "But mebber he der now."

Drexla says, "I can't site"

Drexla shrugs.

You gesture into the air.
Some unseen force is preventing you from doing that.

Starkly nods to Thurfel in greeting.

Vonka just went north.

You say, "Hmmm... he is hidden someplace, m'lord."

Horadell bows to Thurfel.

You say, "The stonecutter."

Sindani says, "He is not within fogging reach"

Sindani nods to Thurfel.

Kiowha says, "i gots a lil minor"

Gradin asks, "Where was he last seen?"

Skyfawn says, "one of the liches took him"

Vonka says, "he ain' at Voln."

Alyxandrah smiles softly.

Thurfel says, "the town has a little minor"

Omnieloh says, "here in tc"

Hylissa says in guild speak, "There's tons of bodies at Voln"

Thurfel chuckles.

Horadell asks, "Greetings M'Lord Thurfel. wonderful critters were having eh?"

Skyfawn says, "took his body"

Shonison bows.

Roelon ponders.

Starkly nods.

Tjaran grins at Thurfel.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Is it possible to raise him? The stonecutter?"

Thurfel nods to Horadell.

Gradin asks, "Took his body where? Anybody know?"

Vonka hangs her head.

Roelon leans on Arimantis.

Skyfawn says, "Thurfel, one of the liches took his body"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Or do ye wish to try the amulet maker?"

Vonka wrings her hands.

Arimantis grumbles.

Thurfel whispers, "perhaps, clerical skills are beyond me"

Nakitta says, "who cares where as long as he is gone from here"

Roelon says, "Oiy.."

Alyxandrah smiles.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Roelon says, "Hope ye hae an extra Stonecutter."

Vonka exclaims, "Dey gonner make worms eat 'im!"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Arimantis could do it, if the body could be found."

Vonka wrings her hands.

Roelon glances at Vonka.

Thurfel sighs.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Do ye have a clue where they might take it? The shrine?"

Vonka says, "Dat's whut dey dun' wit' me."

Thurfel whispers, "his body?"

Kadesha asks, "Thurfel, why cant ye get the staff from who holds it?"

Thurfel asks, "they took him?"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Aye, the stonecutter's."

Atoyoz rubs Vonka gently.

Gradin nods to Thurfel.

Vonka says, "Mebber dey tooked 'im ter de shrine."

You say, "They decayed him, m'lord."

Spaner peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Spaner mutters under his breath.

You say, "Aye, in front of me."

Roelon says, "Has to be given."

Skyfawn nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel takes a deep breath.

You say, "He body vanished."

Roelon ponders.

You nod to Thurfel.

Shonison says, "aye, you just have to go kill Xeldria and take it from her cold dead hands"

Vonka wails!

You say, "His body."

Vonka clasps her hand over her mouth.

Skyfawn sighs.

Arimantis says, "I still feel that his presence is here.. somewhere"

You nod to Arimantis.

Skyfawn says, "he took 2"

Alyxandrah leans against an ice statue.

Thurfel says, "they are beasts"

Skyfawn says, "started with a T"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Should we look in the Hall of Rebirth? Or ye doubt such is where he is?"

Thurfel says, "they will use his corpse"

Roelon shakes his head.

You exclaim, "Oh!"

Zosopage says, "feed em to that beast in the cage"

Skyfawn says, "the liches name started with a T"

You bite your lip.

Vonka bites her lip.

Atoyoz raises an eyebrow.

Roelon furrows his brow.

You ask, "So won't be him anymore?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Vonka asks, "Kint yer help 'im, Milord?"

Vonka cocks her head at Thurfel.

Arimantis asks, "Perhaps.. into the cabana? Could they have taken him there?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at you.

Roelon furrows his brow.

Thurfel says, "I do not know where they go, when they are not visible"

Thurfel says, "they can mask themselves, just as I can"

Starkly points at Thurfel.

Shonison asks, "they control the cabana?"

Vonka says, "Dey tooked me ter de Shrine."

You look at Arimantis and shake your head.

Starkly says, "there he is"

You say, "No."

Kalynna begins chuckling at Starkly.

Arimantis ponders.

Starkly says, "aint he cute"

Skyfawn says, "all I know is he waved something at two bodies and they folded in upon themselves"

You say, "He vanished outside the cabana."

Kalynna looks over at Starkly and shakes her head.

Shonison nods.

Skyfawn sighs.

Vonka says, "An' dey tooked Aranhod inter a pool er sommit."

You say, "They touched his forehead."

Drexla asks, "Wouldn't it be a bit more difficult to mask a dead corpse or two though?"

Kalynna points at Starkly.

Kalynna says, "ya are"

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

(Iscikella touches her forehead.)

Starkly beams!

Thurfel says, "normally it would"

Arimantis asks, "What about.. the temporal rift?"

Roelon shakes his head.

Thurfel says, "but they can go places you can only dream of"

Vonka nods to Arimantis.

Skyfawn says, "it was in Voln to"

Zosopage nods.

Vonka says, "Aye. Tooked me der, ter."

Roelon ponders.

Thurfel says, "or shall I say nightmare"

Drexla says, "I stopped dreaming after I saw the rift"

Skyfawn nods to Thurfel.

Drexla grins at Thurfel.

Vonka's face turns slightly pale.

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis ponders.

You bite your lip.

Skyfawn says, "they have to be stoped"

Skyfawn weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

You ask, "So, if we find the body of the stonecutter, could we stop them from using it?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah rubs Skyfawn gently.

You ask, "Or it too late?"

Vonka asks, "Whut dey gonner do wit' 'im, Milord?"

Arimantis says, "They could be din anythin to him.. anywhere.."

Roelon furrows his brow.

You say, "I am so nervous."

Spaner peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Roelon says, "Perhaps the stonecutter himself is gone now."

Roelon nods.

You wring your hands.

Alexhandro's jaw drops.

You nod to Roelon.

Thurfel says, "if you come across a stonecutter"

Roelon says, "Just the lifeless corpse."

Thurfel says, "tell them I will pay them well"

You say, "What I am asking."

Alexhandro gazes up into the heavens.

Gradin begins chuckling at Thurfel.

Skyfawn nods to Thurfel.

Roelon nods.

Zosopage nods to Thurfel.

Vonka blinks.

Alexhandro cowers.

Vonka gulps.

Skyfawn weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Alyxandrah ponders.

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Roelon starts chortling.

Arimantis says, "When he got to town.. he was sure there was no danger to him"

Arimantis says, "Wasn't even afraid of the dogs"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Did ye want to try the amulet maker?"

Thurfel nods to you.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Wort I believe is the name."

Vonka weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Alyxandrah blinks at Alexhandro.

Thurfel says, "let us go see"

You clasp Thurfel's hand tenderly.

Drexla says, "I'm heading to Zul Lugoth tomorrow, if I notice any, I'll pass on the word"

Arimantis sighs.

Spaner blinks.

Vonka cocks her head at you.

Thurfel nods to Drexla.

You say, "Please join now."

Roelon ponders.

Drexla shrugs.

Starkly folds his arms over his chest.

Spaner whispers to the group, "Where we going?"

[Magical Burrow, Sorcerers Way]
A small sign proclaims in bright letters that this is the home of Wurt the Amulet Maker. A small gravel pathway leads through a wrought-iron gate to the tall double doors of the house. The windows of the house are shuttered, but periodically a burst of light shines through their wooden slats and illuminates the entire street.
Obvious paths: north, southwest.
Chomm, Nakitta, Zynaferus, Alexhandro, Roelon, Drexla, Robinblood, Zosopage, Omnieloh, Skyfawn, Gradin, Ichiko, Tjaran, Vonka, Spaner, Arimantis, Alyxandrah, Shonison, Atoyoz and Thurfel followed.

You say, "Wurt."

You say, "That is the fellow."

Arimantis says, "Ahh.."

Arimantis nods.

Alyxandrah leans on Roelon.

Roelon grins.

Alyxandrah nods to Roelon.

Ichiko asks, "Wurt?"

Roelon starts chortling.

[Wurt's Amulets]
The double doors open into Wurt's work area. The other visible doors are closed and appear to lead to Wurt's private residence. A long countertop is set at the end of the room. It is heaped with semi-precious gems, gold and silver chains, and racks full of small cobalt blue jars. You also see the artificer Wurt, a small sign and a polished wooden counter.
Obvious exits: out.
Chomm, Nakitta, Zynaferus, Alexhandro, Roelon, Drexla, Robinblood, Zosopage, Omnieloh, Skyfawn, Gradin, Ichiko, Tjaran, Vonka, Spaner, Arimantis, Alyxandrah, Shonison, Atoyoz and Thurfel followed.

You point at the artificer Wurt.

Spaner blinks.

Roelon ponders.

Thurfel says, "Excuse me"

Alyxandrah giggles.

Spaner peers quizzically at the artificer Wurt.

Alyxandrah nods to Roelon.

You ask, "Ye think ye might help?"

As Thurfel reaches towards artificer Wurt, he steps away from him saying "I beg your pardon?"

Roelon glances at the artificer Wurt.

Thurfel says, "I need your help"

Spaner blinks.

Atoyoz furrows her brow.

Thurfel asks, "Can you work with stone?"

Arimantis glances at the artificer Wurt.

Tjaran blinks.

Drexla glances at a small sign.

Tjaran asks, "Maybe he is shy?"

Thurfel says, "he's not much of a talker is he"

Shonison says, "he seems to make stone amulets"

You shake your head.

Thurfel says, "I said, I need your help"

You say, "seems not."

As Thurfel reaches towards artificer Wurt, he steps away from him saying "I beg your pardon?"

Roelon ponders.

Arimantis says, "I don see ora er obsidian on his list there"

Spaner says, "Offer him money first"

Roelon says, "Need to speak his language..."

Thurfel asks, "Can you work with stone?"

Spaner says, "He's a business man"

Roelon says, "Talk about payment first."

Roelon nods to Thurfel.

Alyxandrah nods to Thurfel.

Atoyoz rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Thurfel says, "I will pay you with coral and seastone"

Vonka says, "Jus' dun' git mad..."

You say, "well, he can work with sandstone and basalt."

Vonka gulps.

You say, "Those are delicate."

Spaner rolls his eyes.

Roelon nods.

Spaner says, "Try silver"

Arimantis ponders.

You glance at the artificer Wurt.

Wurt says, "I know who you are, and I know what you've done. Get out of my shop. You are not welcome here."

Robinblood rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Atoyoz blinks.

You blink.

Skyfawn sighs.

Atoyoz glances at the artificer Wurt.

Arimantis glances at the artificer Wurt.

Thurfel says, "But, I need your assistance"

Arimantis grumbles.

Thurfel says, "the town needs your assistance."

Roelon snorts.

Skyfawn says, "we need your help"

Arimantis says, "Wurt.. ya need ta help him"

Thurfel says, "I need your skills"

Shonison says, "can't say I blame him, though he needs to recognize the situation"

Skyfawn says, "please help us"

Arimantis says, "Ya need ta help us"

You say, "Sir Artificer, the town is in grave danger."

Tjaran says, "As a citizen of Icemule, I ask you please assist him."

Roelon grumbles.

Vonka fidgets.

You say, "And ye must help if ye can."

Spaner peers quizzically at the artificer Wurt.

Skyfawn says, "please help us"

Spaner says, "We pay well"

Wurt says, "I should help the one who destroyed virtually every shop in town? You will find no help from any of the merchants here."

Spaner says, "In silver"

Zosopage says, "he may have a bad history but he is our only hope to save the town"

Roelon shakes his head.

Atoyoz furrows her brow.

Omnieloh nods.

Skyfawn says, "but they are better shops now"

Roelon says, "Wurt, ye nae thinkin'."

Thurfel says, "If you do not aid me, the town may be destroyed for good"

Roelon says, "It kin be alot worse iffin ye nae help."

Skyfawn says, "and this is your town too"

You say, "But all will be destroyed forever if ye don't help."

Thurfel says, "I need your help."

Tjaran asks, "Would you have others do the same when he is offering you the chance to stay in business?"

You glance at the artificer Wurt.

Skyfawn asks, "do you not want to help your own town?"

Arimantis says, "The shops have been rebuilt.. and to save the town, this needs ta be done"

Shonison says, "don't do it for him, do it for everyone else"

Atoyoz leans against a polished wooden counter.

Thurfel says, "I can't do this, I don't have the skill. I was told you were a master stoneworker."

Wurt turns away, ignoring all.

Roelon shakes his head.

Alexhandro looks over at Arimantis and shakes his head.

Arimantis sighs.

Skyfawn says, "please help us"

You mutter something inaudible.

Zosopage frowns.

Spaner waves to the artificer Wurt.

Vonka sniffs.

Arimantis says, "Wurt, please"

Spaner stands in front of the artificer Wurt.

Vonka weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Tjaran says, "This is futile."

Alyxandrah asks, "Give him a chance to prove himself, does he not deserve at least a chance?"

Spaner says, "Hey think this over"

Tjaran glowers.

Robinblood says, "If you don't do this, you won't have a shop"

Thurfel asks, "Where is this Sark fellow?"

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Master Artificer, please."

Shonison says, "I'd call him selfish, but he will die as well"

Shonison shrugs.

Vonka asks, "Hsark?"

Roelon ponders.

Arimantis says, "He travels.. could be anywheres"

Thurfel says, "if that is his name"

Roelon starts chortling.

You say, "He is a wandering merchant, m'lord."

Roelon says, "Hsark, skilled with most anything."

Arimantis says, "Close enough.. "

You say, "And there is no one spot can be found."

Thurfel asks, "surely there is a merchant somewhere who works with stone?"

Arimantis nods to Roelon.

Omnieloh says, "Wurt ya know ya love da town as much as us.. we keep ya silvers in ya pockets.. ya gotta help"

Spaner rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Roelon ponders.

Arimantis ponders.

Ichiko ponders.

Skyfawn says, "there has to be"

Shonison asks, "is there a forge here?"

Arimantis shakes his head.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Thurfel says, "if any of you see a merchant, who is skilled with stone"

Zosopage shakes his head.

Roelon says, "Ah kin turn stone to dust.."

Skyfawn says, "not yet"

Roelon ponders.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis says, "No forge fer miles"

Thurfel says, "please speak to him for me"

Thurfel says, "tell him of my needs"

Shonison nods.

Zosopage nods to Thurfel.

Arimantis nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "any merchant who can work with stone"

You nod to Thurfel.

Vonka says, "We dun know yer needs, Milord."

Skyfawn nods to Thurfel.

Alyxandrah sighs.

Thurfel nods to Alyxandrah.

Arimantis asks, "Hmm.. there be an amulet merchant in the landin as well, isn't there?"

You say, "He needs ora set into stone, Vonka."

Omnieloh says, "Wurt we need you, Icemule needs you"

You say, "A very delicate ora piece."

Arimantis says, "Perhaps he would come help"

Drexla coughs.

Drexla says, "Used to be"

Drexla nods to Arimantis.

Drexla whistles tunelessly to herself.

Wurt says, "If you have no business in here, please leave my shop."

Arimantis says, "Oh.. right"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Shonison says, "how about the landing blacksmith? kind of a stretch, but you never know"

Drexla says, "Bin got himself in a spot of...trouble"

Roelon ponders.

Zosopage blinks.

Arimantis nods to Drexla.

Roelon tosses back the edges of his hooded cloak and frees himself for action!

Ichiko says, "Leave him be, Omnieloh..if he cannot see the danger now, he will eventually"

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Roelon.

Alyxandrah just tried to pull Roelon towards her!

Roelon grins.

Thurfel says, "I will not endanger my construct with my sentries"

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. stone.."

Thurfel says, "but we can't wait terribly long"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I cannot think of another in town who uses stone."

Drexla says, "Zul Lugoth or Teras might be the best bets"

Arimantis nods to Drexla.

Thurfel says, "or the nine will become too powerful, staff or no staff"

Shonison nods to Drexla.

Omnieloh grumbles.

You nod to Thurfel.

Drexla says, "Dwarves have always been most accomplished with stone"

Arimantis says, "One the dwarves must work in stone"

You say, "Their power grows."

Thurfel nods to Drexla.

Ichiko snaps her fingers.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Roelon says, "Ah must leave fir now. Ah wish ye all luck."

Roelon just hugged Vonka.

Roelon just hugged Alyxandrah.

Vonka says, "Mebber we oughter ask Bin."

Drexla just kissed Roelon on the cheek.

Roelon sniffs at Arimantis.

Thurfel waves to Roelon.

Roelon and Arimantis shake hands.

Alyxandrah says, "Perhaps you could use a change of scenery, my lord."

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah just hugged Roelon.

Vonka just hugged Roelon.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "M'lord, can ye explain to me why... why Elymir is so intent on "teaching" me? Disciplining?"

Thurfel asks, "is the town safe for the moment?"

Roelon bows to Thurfel.

Lord Roelon just went out.

You nod to Thurfel.

You say, "The liches are gone for now."

Spaner blinks.

Thurfel whispers, "what is Elymir trying to teach you?"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "That I must submit, that I cannot win against him. And that he is all powerful."

Ichiko says, "What of the workers who are repairing the town's buildings? Some of them may be stonemasons"

Vonka sighs.

Zynaferus says, "didnt think you were good nuffs anyhow"

Vonka glances at the artificer Wurt.

Zynaferus peers quizzically at the artificer Wurt.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "And that they always watch."

Drexla asks, "Has everyone checked all the tavern in the Trace, in the off chance a worker might be having a sip?"

Arimantis ponders.

Juspera's group just arrived.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "And I must understand this."

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel whispers, "he is powerful, he can watch, I will slay him"

Mnar gazes heavenward.

Zosopage rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Vonka just hugged Mnar.

Shonison says, "I haven't seen them doing anything with some...just wood"

Alyxandrah asks, "Isn't that where Jindarn was?"

You smile at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Shonison says, "er stone, not some"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I will look forward to that."

Shonison babbles something unintelligible.

Mnar asks, "What happened to Jindarn, anyway?"

Arimantis says, "Oh.. right. One the halflins might be able to do it. The workers"

Thurfel whispers, "as shall I"

Omnieloh says, "the mill"

Mnar says, "I lost sight of him."

Arimantis says, "I din think of them"

Shonison says, "ah"

Shonison nods to Omnieloh.

You say, "The liches decayed him."

Drexla gestures into the air.
Drexla gets a frustrated look on her face.

You say, "Right in front of me, Mnar."

You say, "Just touched him."

You shudder.

Atoyoz rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Drexla says, "Still hidden from sight"

Great Lord Robinblood just went out.

Juspera asks, "Decay takes a subject?"

Mnar asks, "Did he, er.. survive?"

Skyfawn says, "in front of me too"

Ichiko asks, "It was Sniffberry who contracted them, wasn't it?"

You look at Mnar and shake your head.

Arimantis says, "I think the halflin workers be workin on the bakery"

Skyfawn sighs.

Shonison says, "and the temple"

Nakitta nods to Thurfel.

Vonka says, "Dey be workin' in de temple, ter."

Arimantis ponders.

Skyfawn says, "they been working in the Temple too"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "And one other question, if I may, do ye know what a blue flame has to do with Gavrail?"

Mnar removes an expressionless mask from in his Dhe'nari scout cloak.
Mnar puts on an expressionless mask.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "She sent me a strange vision."

Alyxandrah nods to Alexhandro.

Nakitta nods to Thurfel.

Juspera glances at Mnar.

Atoyoz looks thoughtfully at Thurfel.

Spaner says, "They been working in the temple for years, obviousally too slow"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Trying to turn me against ye of course."

Spaner coughs.

Skyfawn says, "this is new work"

Skyfawn says, "just started"

Thurfel whispers, "I have no knowledge of a blue flame I'm afraid. I shall study my tomes and see if there is any meaning or power to it"

Gradin squeaks oddly.

You nod to Thurfel.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Thank ye."

Thurfel says, "allow me to take the serpent and place it in a safe spot"

Thurfel nods to Nakitta.

Thurfel says, "they will be able to narrow in on it"

You ask, "Ye have a place which is safe from them, m'lord?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Skyfawn nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I do not wish any of the others to show up"

Thurfel nods to you.

Thurfel says, "safe enough"

You smile at Thurfel.

You say, "good."

Thurfel says, "I am sorry for the trouble they have caused you"

Mnar squints.

Thurfel says, "I shall do my best to rectify this"

Thurfel bows.

Ichiko bows to Thurfel.

Skyfawn says, "thank you Thurfel"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I have been experiencing a very strange burning in my stomach, like embers inside me. I don't understand it, but Elymir insists I do."

Omnieloh bows to Thurfel.

Drexla smiles.

Zosopage bows to Thurfel.

Shonison bows to Thurfel.

Gradin bows to Thurfel.

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Skyfawn curtsies to Thurfel.

Atoyoz curtsies to Thurfel.

Tjaran bows to Thurfel.

Arimantis bows to Thurfel.

Vonka bites her lip.

Tjaran says, "Thank you again, my Lord."

Vonka asks, "Milord?"

Thurfel gestures, and a small wave of crimson mist descends upon him.

Thurfel says, "please keep the town safe."

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Please take care, m'lord."



Button Link to Thurfel Main