Vessel Four
Day of the Huntress, day 24 of the month Ivastaen in the year 5102

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
A silvery sheen from something up north catches your eye over the heads of the crowds. No matter the time of day or night, this stretch of road always seems busy. A young halfling girl, dressed in the livery of the Silvermule Gaming Hall, rushes past you to deliver a message. You also see the Looncael disk and the Spinitzk disk.
Also here: Belthania, Journeyman Aerlic, Journeyman Gairek, Lady Kisharra, Looncael, Fantassi, Lady Eleana, Lord Spinitzk, Xulia, Apprentice Anjolia, Graceina, Redem, Lord Falvicar, Grand Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: north, south, west.

Xulia asks, "Wha bout da one dat escaped'd?"

Anjolia winces.

Xulia peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Thurfel smiles at you.

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "evening milady"

Xulia asks, "Ya kint use dat, now kin yew?"

You say, "Evening, m'lord."

Xulia folds her arms over her chest.

Lord Sothog just arrived.

Kisharra leans on Looncael.

Thurfel says, "if you have any knowledge Iscikella"

Sothog bows to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "another sphere is sensed"

Anjolia glances over at Eleana and winces.

Graceina says, "If I was a bone collector where would I keep my bones.."

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Graceina ponders.

Anjolia snickers.

You ask, "Knowledge regarding what, m'lord?"

Kisharra grins.

Xulia exclaims, "In yer bone box!"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Xulia beams happily at Graceina!

Jestin just arrived.

Kisharra asks, "in a hole?"

Jestin just went south.

Thurfel says, "another orb"

Kisharra says, "like a dog"

Sothog coughs.

Kisharra nods.

Graceina exclaims, "a hole!"

Jestin just arrived.

Graceina beams happily at Kisharra!

Xulia starts jumping around like a twelve-year-old.

Fantassi rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Sothog asks, "Another one, eh?"

Kisharra says, "dug"

Thurfel nods to Sothog.

You ask, "Where was it sensed?"

Falvicar says, "I'll start my search"

Anjolia asks, "bones and barking?"

Kisharra says, "i would think"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "would be the fourth"

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Xulia scratches her ear.

Xulia nods to Anjolia.

Falvicar asks, "What means do I use to find you?"

Falvicar peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Eleana says, "bones barking and bad smell"

Kisharra just tickled Xulia.

Anjolia says, "what a combination"

Xulia giggles.

Thurfel says, "I will await here until it is found"

Xulia just tickled Kisharra.

Thurfel says, "sages sensed..."

Xulia rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Falvicar nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "the largest collection of bones they could imagine"

Thurfel says, "stench"

Lord Falvicar just went south.

Thurfel says, "destruction"

Kisharra chuckles.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Thurfel says, "and oddly, barking"

Xulia grins at Kisharra.

You say, "Barking..."

Kisharra shrugs.

Xulia scratches herself idly.

You hear the faint thoughts of Sothog echo in your mind:
"Interesting"

You say, "Hmmm..."

Xulia says, "I gotta go talk Alyx."

Aerlic asks, "barking?"

Kisharra nods to Aerlic.
Thurfel nods to Aerlic.

Xulia bows to Thurfel.

You ask, "The bones I might know, but barking?"

Anjolia says, "it's that barking thing that is throwing me off"

Malchus just went west.

Aerlic says, "woof"

Xulia says, "Goot luck."

Xulia grins at Anjolia.

Xulia just went north.

Thurfel asks, "perhaps creatures near the area?"

Anjolia chuckles.

Thurfel says, "or a drunk sage"

Thurfel says, "not sure which"

You nod.

Aerlic chuckles.

Sothog asks, "Do jackyls bark...?"

Looncael asks, "up near Pine?"

Anjolia says, "or a drunk Kleyn"

Aerlic says, "or felnarn"

You chuckle at Thurfel.

Kisharra asks, "well, the rabid guard dogs?"

Anjolia snickers.

You hear Xulia yell, "Alyx?"

Looncael says, "yotes and wolverin area"

Kisharra rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Xulia just arrived.

Xulia grunts.

You say, "Ye shouldn't let them drink before they see visions."

Kisharra shrugs.

Kisharra says, "maybe"

You look at Thurfel and shake your head.

Kisharra shudders.

Sothog says, "Don't know about any huge piles of bones in the keep."

Looncael rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah's group just arrived.

Anjolia asks, "where towers built by each of the gates here, or just the south gate?"

You say, "Let me try this one place."

Renowned Lady Skyfawn just arrived.

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.

Sothog says, "Besides if it were in the keep likely Thurfel'd have the thing already."

You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Aerlic asks, "what about the ruins of town?"

Xulia gives Alyxandrah a good pinch!

Thurfel asks, "towers?"

Skyfawn curtsies to Thurfel.

Belthania smiles at Skyfawn.

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Alyxandrah winces.

Thurfel smiles at Skyfawn.

[Snow Fort, Ice Altar]
An elaborate chapel is hollowed out of the ice here, calling praise to an unknown deity. Towering pure white pillars stand sentinel over a massive altar of snow and ice. Strange, ensconced torches illuminate the altar, glowing with a cold blue fire. You also see a woven cloak, a leather helm, a leather helm, a woven cloak, a woven cloak, a moldy oatmeal tart, a leather helm and a leather helm.
Obvious exits: up.

Arliquin's group just arrived.

Look behind altar
Behind the ice altar you see a dark hole.

look under altar
There is nothing under there.

Arliquin waves to you.
You wave to Arliquin.

[Snow Fort, Battlement]
A high wall of ice and snow bends over the battlement, forming a ceiling of sorts. Resting beneath it, an ominous gallows stands guard over several stone benches arranged as pews before it. The walls of this room, while still ice and snow, seem less smooth than elsewhere in the fort and somewhat disturbing as well. You also see a leather helm.
Obvious exits: northeast.

A snow spectre just arrived.

Peering closer to gaze at the wall, a sudden chill runs down your spine. The walls of the room are made of ice, snow, and bones. Humanoid bones.

A snow spectre begins to wail loudly!

look behind wall
There is nothing behind there.

A snow spectre gestures at you!
CS: +41 - TD: +379 + CvA: +14 + d100: +90 - -5 == -229
Warded off!
The snow spectre focuses its voice on you, but you are unaffected.

look under wall
There is nothing under there.

The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +23 = -260
A clean miss.

A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +74 = -209
A clean miss.

A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +96 = -187
A clean miss.

look behind gallows
There is nothing behind there.

The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre gestures at you!
CS: +36 - TD: +377 + CvA: +14 + d100: +65 - -5 == -257
Warded off!

look under gallows
There is nothing under there.

look on gallows
There is nothing on there.

A snow spectre begins to wail loudly!

A snow spectre just arrived.
The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre gestures at you!
CS: +36 - TD: +377 + CvA: +14 + d100: +81 - -5 == -241
Warded off!

The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +18 = -265
A clean miss.

A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +74 = -209
A clean miss.

A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +53 = -230
A clean miss.

A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +46 = -237
A clean miss.

The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +7 = -276
A clean miss.

The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +91 = -192
A clean miss.

A snow spectre begins to wail loudly!
The spectre wails a sad, eerie song!
A snow spectre begins to wail loudly!
A snow spectre gestures at you!
CS: +41 - TD: +379 + CvA: +14 + d100: +49 - -5 == -270
Warded off!

The snow spectre focuses its voice on you, but you are unaffected.
A snow spectre gestures at you!
CS: +36 - TD: +377 + CvA: +14 + d100: +32 - -5 == -290
Warded off!

A snow spectre begins to wail loudly!
A snow spectre swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +60 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +30 = -253
A clean miss.

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see an acid-pitted silver box and a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Lady Sareit, Lady Valiria who is kneeling, Lord Selfane who is seated
Obvious paths: north.

Valiria says, "It was of Onar I believe, correct me if I am wrong."

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
A silvery sheen from something up north catches your eye over the heads of the crowds. No matter the time of day or night, this stretch of road always seems busy. A young halfling girl, dressed in the livery of the Silvermule Gaming Hall, rushes past you to deliver a message.
Also here: Journeyman Gairek, Renowned Lady Skyfawn, Belthania, Apprentice Anjolia, Graceina, Grand Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: north, south, west.

Avareen just arrived.
Lord Dajamar just arrived.

You say, "Not in that one place. Only one other I can think of."

Arandon just arrived.

Graceina asks, "Where?"

You ask, "Has it been found, my lord?"

Arandon just went south.

Skyfawn asks, "which is?"

Thurfel says, "nay"

Anjolia says, "I dont recall any structures made of bone around here"

Skyfawn peers quizzically at you.

Anjolia smirks.

Thurfel says, "think beyond here"

You say, "I checked the wall of bones in the Snow Fort."

You say, "But not there."

Thurfel nods to you.

Graceina says, "The crypt in the landing"

Anjolia says, "I have been to EN, Solhaven and Teras, I do not recall anything made of bone"

Thurfel asks, "is that the largest construct of bones in the lands?"

Anjolia says, "maybe we just have not found it yet"

You say, "I don't really know."

Graceina says, "There is an island by minotaurs."

Hansum says, "nice to be here"

Graceina shudders.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Anjolia says, "perhaps it is hidden for us to fine"

Anjolia says, "find even"

Hansum bows to Thurfel.

Anjolia says, "follow the stench"

Journeyman Aerlic just arrived.

Thurfel says, "I'd think it would be in plain sight"

You say, "I know is hidden."

Anjolia chuckles.

Thurfel says, "the orb is hidden"

Thurfel nods to Silversoft.

Graceina nods.

You scratch your head.

Silversoft just touched Thurfel.

Anjolia says, "well then, the only thing we need to do is find it"

Silversoft meditates over Thurfel.
Silversoft takes Thurfel's nervous system damage.

Graceina says, "The wall is not."

Aerlic rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You ask, "And barking ye say?"

Silversoft curtsies to Thurfel.

Graceina says, "erm pile"

Thurfel says, "thank you"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Thurfel bows to Silversoft.

Lord Dajamar just went south.

Thurfel says, "barking"

Thurfel asks, "dogs?"

Aerlic says, "battlefield out west gate"

Thurfel asks, "where does one hunt dogs?"

Anjolia says, "that is what I dont understand, the barking"

Belthania says, "hmm"

Graceina exclaims, "on your island!"

Graceina giggles.

Silversoft asks, "sntry dogs?"

Thurfel chuckles.

Aerlic says, "manticores"

Thurfel says, "other dogs"

You say, "I'm going to try one other place but can't think of bones there."

Thurfel taps you lightly on the shoulder.

Thurfel says, "they were very specific"

Thurfel says, "the largest assortment of bones in one place they could imagine"

Anjolia asks, "besides the rabid dogs on your island you mean?" You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Only one place I know. the mountains for ice hounds."

Silversoft says, "abbey"

You say, "I'll give it a try."

Graceina asks, "Bones in the abbey?"

Thurfel nods to you.

[Southern Slopes, Alpine Ridge]
Bracketed by pines at either side, a sheer rock slope rises over the snowscape. The slope is formed of a dark gray rock that is stained a rusty red in spots, and is encased entirely in ice. Near its base, a dark cave opens into the mountain, its mouth a shadowy maw that stands in stark contrast to the snowy hillside around it.
Obvious paths: east.

An ice hound pads in, a frosty mist puffing from its nostrils.

[Ice Cave]
This small cave is filled with shadows, the only illumination provided by a dim ray of moonlight that peeks through an opening in the southern wall. In the cave's center is a fire pit, its rim ringed with a number of scorched rocks. Overhead, a multitude of designs cover the walls and ceiling, incised upon the rock with rich earth tones. Noticeable by its lack of ornamentation is a small silhouette on the east wall, the outline about the size of a halfling. Utter darkness cloaks the back of the cave. You also see a fire pit and a pile of firewood.
Also in the room: Jestin, Amandia who is seated, Lord Altasren who is seated
Obvious exits: out.

Amandia says, "I've several. Emerald, too."

Jestin went through a narrow crevice.

Altasren says, "Hello, Iscikella ..."

Amandia smiles at you.

The fire burns cheerily within the pit, radiating a comforting level of heat and casting a ruddy glow. You bask in the warmth and recall many happy times spent in front of a cozy fire such as this.

A bank of embers beneath the burning wood glow a fiery scarlet, looking for all the world like burning rubies set on black velvet in some fanciful jeweler's shop. You smile at Amandia.

[Chamber of the Dead]
The corridor widens into a chamber that is bare except for an object in its center, a sarcophagus made entirely of ice. The panels forming its walls are cloudy and striated with swirls and variegations. Although the chamber is austere, designs cover the walls and ceiling on every side, a veritable riot of color and form all possessing a striking sense of movement and vitality. The playfulness of the renderings lends the somber form in the cold, icebound bed a sense of joyful transfiguration.
Also in the room: Jestin
Obvious exits: out.

Jestin says, "THought it would be here"

Jestin shrugs.

You say, "Isn't enough bones here."

You say, "I am confused."

Jestin says, "Aye perhaps"

look under sarcophagus
There is nothing under there.

Jestin rubs his chin thoughtfully.

look behind sarcophagus
There is nothing behind there.

look in sarcphagus
In the ice sarcophagus you see the body of a halfling.

[Olbin Pass, Summit]
Here, a short ridge forms the summit of Olbin Pass. Winds gust through the area, funneled in between the sharp, rocky crags to the east and west. Jutting from their rugged slopes, flat outcroppings are piled high with heavy drifts of snow, clashing with the dark uncovered rock of the steeps and drop-offs. You also see a snow crone.
Obvious paths: west, northeast, southeast, southwest.

A snow crone mutters an frosty incantation.
A ball of snow rolls in and forms into a snow crone!
A snow crone points a crooked icy finger at you!
CS: +86 - TD: +377 + CvA: +14 + d100: +67 - -5 == -205
Warded off!

A snow crone forms into a ball of snow which rolls northeast.

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see an acid-pitted silver box and a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Lady Sheka, Lady Sareit, Lord Selfane who is lying down, Lady Valiria who is lying down
Obvious paths: north.

Lady Sheka went through a wrought-iron gate.

Valiria mutters under her breath.

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
A silvery sheen from something up north catches your eye over the heads of the crowds. No matter the time of day or night, this stretch of road always seems busy. A young halfling girl, dressed in the livery of the Silvermule Gaming Hall, rushes past you to deliver a message.
Also here: Lord Dryrun, Achillea, Arimantis, Journeyman Aerlic, Silversoft, Avareen, Apprentice Anjolia, Grand Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: north, south, west.

Anjolia shrugs.

Anjolia says, "or a thought"

You shake your head.

Anjolia shrugs.

You frown.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left hand feels better.
You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left hand feels better.

Achillea asks, "Thurfel, why was not a possessed freed with the last vessel found? perhaps you lie?"

Arimantis ponders.

Anjolia asks, "where ya goin?"

Arimantis whispers to the group, "This mean we are headin there?"

Arimantis works his fingers under his leather hat and scratches his head.

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, "Whereever ye think best, Arimantis."

Thurfel says, "perhaps whoever is bound to the vessel is free"

Thurfel says, "but continues to act possessed"

You ask, "Do ye know whose vessel it was, m'lord?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel looks over at you and shakes his head.

Anjolia asks, "where ya goin?"

Achillea says, "likely story"

You sigh.

Anjolia peers quizzically at Arimantis.

Achillea smirks.

Arimantis whispers to the group, "The place I mentioned.. is far, and could be dangerous.."

Thurfel slings a small coral shield off from over his shoulder.

Anjolia shrugs.

Thurfel says, "then I suggest the weak of heart do not come along"

Anjolia chuckles.

You say, "I searched the wall of bones in the Snow Fort, Arimantis, and the mountain where ice hounds are."

Arimantis says, "Alright.. looks like we goin there then.."

Thurfel nods to Arimantis.

Anjolia nods.

Lord Zosopage's group just arrived.

Thurfel says, "lets be wary"

You say, "that isn't the place, so if ye know another."

You nod to Arimantis.

Anjolia says, "well be safe all"

Anjolia curtsies to Thurfel.

Anjolia waves.

Apprentice Anjolia just went north.

Thurfel removes a ruby-hilted rolaren longsword from in his dark leather satchel.

Sherysse says, "I checked the rats nests and didn't see anything, but alot of bones"

Zosopage bows to Thurfel.

Arimantis asks, "Ya think it is possible it is that far away?"

Arimantis ponders.

Thurfel nods to Sherysse.

Thurfel says, "yes"

You nod.

Thurfel says, "they are not bound to Icemule"

You say, "Then lead on, Arimantis."

You nod to Arimantis.

Arimantis says, "Alrighty then, suppose we should get goin.."

Arimantis says, "All aboard that goin aboard"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Aerlic asks, "where goin?"

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. seems we are takin a trip to Solhaven"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Elymir did send undead as ye said he might, m'lord."

Aerlic says, "actually i stay"

Arimantis nods.

Thurfel whispers, "was the town able to fight them off?"

Arimantis says, "Then, we should be goin.."

Arimantis's group just went south.

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
Several groups of adventurers jostle past you on their way through the South Gate. The sounds of laughter from the west remind you of the inns and taverns back home. You notice that the lowest part of the wall is darker stone than the top, a sign that this fortification was raised at some point in the past. You also see a shabby hovel and an old beer barrel.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis, Vren
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

Vren just went east.
Achillea just arrived.

Zosopage nods.

Achillea joins Arimantis's group.
Arimantis's group went through the South Gate.

[Icemule Trace, South Gate]
Thick stone walls frame a wide, wooden gate. A vaulted stone archway provides some cover from the weather, which is often inclement so close to the glaciers. The packed earth pathway skirting the town's walls gives way to a cobbled street in the same dark grey stone as the lower half of the walls. You also see a South Gate guard, the South Gate, a gate sign and a snowbank.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: west.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Aye, they were. And many chastised Gavrail and Elymir. Gavrail lied and tried to say ye sent them. But I saw Elymir summon them from the earth."

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
A solitary wooden signpost stands at the head of a road leading southwest. It marks the intersection with a smaller trail leading east and west. Straw has been scattered on the snowy road, helping you maintain your footing as you continue on your way.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Xanadu
Obvious paths: east, west, southwest.

Xanadu just went southwest.

Thurfel whispers, "I have seen far too much destruction, how could they believe I still wish the town harm"

Arimantis's group just went southwest.

[Icemule Trail, Tundra]
The icy trail skirts the very edge of the deadly, partially frozen marsh. Beside the trail lies the dead carcass of some unidentifiable animal--mute evidence that the marsh should be avoided at all costs.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Xanadu, Melonnie, Kerima who is lying down
Obvious paths: south, northwest.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Because they wish to. Is hard for people to forget... or forgive."

Kerima stands up.

You nod to Thurfel.

Arimantis's group just went south.

[Icemule Trail, Tundra]
As you crest one of the larger foothills of the mountain range, you behold the vast, semi-frozen wasteland of the tundra spreading northward to the horizon. The blowing snow makes progress difficult and adds to the urgency that tells you to push onward.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: north, south.

Thurfel whispers, "for that, I do not blame them"

Xanadu just arrived.
Arimantis's group just went south.

[Blue Glacier, Mountain Pass]
All the climbing up and down over the icy rocks of this pass has exhausted you--the bitter cold has taken its toll as well. The ever-present wind with all its whistling and howling has come close to driving you mad. What you wouldn't give for a hot bath, a good meal, and a tankard of mulled wine!
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: west, northeast.

Arimantis shivers.

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Blue Glacier, Mountain Pass]
Staring at the grotesque, frozen foot of some poor soul protruding from beneath the rockslide tells you this mountain has been forsaken by the gods and is no fit place for man nor beast. You glance furtively upwards, ever fearful that the rocks above will tumble down upon you.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "My lord, is it wise Achillea comes?"

Arimantis's group climbed down a mammoth rockslide.

[Blue Glacier, Mountain Pass]
Ahead of you a mammoth rockslide has blocked the way. You study the steep mountain slopes around you and wish, not for the first time, that you were part goat.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: southwest.

You blink at Thurfel.

Arimantis's group just went southwest.

[Blue Glacier, Mountain Pass]
Blowing snow makes the going tough and you hug the walls of the mountainside as you proceed cautiously along the rough trail. Small rocks slip and slide beneath your feet, aided by the slickness of the wet snow.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Lundre
Obvious paths: west, northeast.

Lundre just went west.

Thurfel asks, "Achillea, why do you travel with us?"

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Snowy Plains, White Ice Lake]
It is bitterly cold and no shelter can be found as you continue to follow the trail along the shoreline of the enormous lake. It has been a long while since you could feel your feet and you wonder if this torturous trek will ever end. There is a small path leading off to the southwest, away from the main trail.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, northwest, southwest.

Arimantis says, "All this runnin round back an fourth can't be good fer my health"

Arimantis's group just went northwest.

[Snowy Plains, The River]
A loud crunching sound echoes through the air as you trudge forward through the ice-covered snow on the trail. On the opposite bank, a fast moving stream empties noisily into the already swollen river.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, west.

Lundre says, "I die"

Achillea says, "Places I cannot go, my fellow servants can"

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Snowy Plains, Bridge]
Animal tracks can be seen crossing in front of you in the fallen snow covering the trail. They seem to lead down to the river and disappear under the bridge. Looking north, snow covered plains stretch on as far as you can see. You also see an old stone bridge.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: northeast.

Thurfel whispers, "perhaps the creatures where we are going will prove too much for her"

Arimantis's group went across an old stone bridge.

[Glatoph, Icy Passage]
The ceiling seems too thin here, allowing a brief ray of moonlight to enter the room and dance among the icicles stretching from above to meld with the floor. The light reflects off the walls, forming a rainbow pattern the width of the room.
Also in the room: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest.

Sherysse says, "I'll give you a tart to boost your energy, I'm all out of cookies"

Sherysse grins at Arimantis.

Lundre says, "and here be little me"

Arimantis chuckles.

Arimantis's group just went southwest.

[Glatoph, Chasm Floor]
Trickles of water flow down the icy walls and gather in a pool. Above you the chasm widens and a trail winds its way upward. Off to the north, the trail heads into a large icy passage. Flowing from the pool, a small stream runs down the ice and into the opening.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: north, up.

Thurfel says, "I will not defend you Achillea, if the creatures prove too fordimable"

Arimantis's group just went up.

[Glatoph, Glacier]
Ice crunches beneath your feet as you plod along the slope. Mounds and hills of snow have been carved into eerie shapes by the ever present wind, bulges and hollows glistening in the moonlight.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: north, south, east.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "It may well be so."

Arimantis's group just went south.

[Upper Trollfang]
Modwir pines rustle in the wind, and bluejays swoop back and forth among them, belittling you and each other in rough, raucous voices. The main trail curves to the west and southeast, while a rougher trail heads up the side of the hill to the north. You also see a mountain ogre.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis
Obvious paths: west, southeast.

Achillea says, "I am not going into the tower"

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]
The tattered remnants of militiamen's armor lie scattered on the blood-stained ground. A heap of bones, so massive it blocks the way further north, is piled near the ruins of the town gates, a grinning skull set atop it in a mockery of life. The boarded-up form of a wayside inn stands near the massive gates, the rubble of battle strewn around its foundations. You also see the Majika disk, some light leather, a wooden shield, a short sword, a kobold skin, a wooden shield, some light leather, a short sword, a white cat who is sitting, some haphip root, a pile of logs, the wooden gates, a Wayside Inn, a ruined mud and wood barricade and a large bone wall.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Lundre, Arimantis, Carolie, Lalyia, Meracko, Lord Tebon, Ianeal, Arraccis, Kaittlyn, Tinoth, Senlin
Obvious paths: east, northwest, southwest.

Elendr narrows his eyes.

Arimantis glances at a large bone wall.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I have found out something too... that the one in Opalina purposely does not spirit drain her so she stays strong. He wants her strong when he uses her at last. That has me fearful."

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Thurfel nods to you.

Lord Grhim just arrived.
Arimantis's group went through the wooden gates.

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]
Charred wood and timber lie scattered in a semicircle around the ruins of the town gates. Two charred and damaged towers flank the gates to the east and west. A faint smell of charred flesh still hangs in the air. You also see a simple wooden trunk and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Alilona, Kacer
Obvious paths: south.

Lord Grhim came through the ruined town gates.

Grhim gestures.
After a moment's silence a hawk swoops into the area, lands, and glances up at Grhim intelligently.

Grhim blinks.

Arimantis's group went through the ruined town gates.

[Upper Trollfang]
A high, steep hill lies directly to the south and the trail splits as it makes its way around. The wider, and obviously more used trail, runs off to the southwest while a smaller trail heads off to the southeast. You also see a lesser orc.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Apprentice Deakens
Obvious paths: northwest, southeast, southwest.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "She believes the one in her to be Trianvar, but is not sure. Ye would know his personality, my lord. Does such suit?"

Arimantis's group just went southwest.

[Zeltoph Switchbacks]
The trail to the south is wider than the path leading westward. Below, it snakes around the mountain with a ledge jutting out midway between here and the level below.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: west, southeast.

Arimantis whispers to the group, "Be careful.. Grhim saw us run by"

Arimantis's group just went southeast.

[Plateau, Grasslands]
Grasshoppers jump wildly across the trail in a bizarre dance only understood by others of their kind. The air is filled with a buzzing that changes from loud to soft with the rhythm of the dance.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis
Obvious paths: northwest, southeast.

Thurfel whispers, "as well as I know the liches, I do not know what they do on a daily basis to those they control"

Arimantis's group just went southeast.

[Solhaven, North Market]
The crush of the crowd is almost overwhelming here in the center of the market. Peddlers wheeling small carts push their way through, shouting loudly. Nearby, a group of dwarves argue heatedly with a local merchant. You also see a stooped old woman, a falcon, the Jaefer disk, some woth flower, the Muffinsmith's stall, the Small Blades stand, the Belts booth, a wooden bench with some stuff on it and an old barrel.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Achillea, Arimantis, Lady Levvia, Great Lady Mistykris, Novice Verraketh, Genuwar, Mentor Fita, Airsong, Lord Mynaimis, Rimalon, Lord Jaefer who is seated
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, southeast, southwest.

A stooped old woman shuffles over towards Mistykris. She smiles at her, then says, "You should write your mother." With a "that's that" nod, she shuffles off.

Arimantis nods to Thurfel.

Mistykris hisses at a stooped old woman.

Achillea just went east.

Arimantis's group just went north.

[Vornavis, West Road]
Plains of high grasses wave gently in the breeze that blows here, making a hypnotic pattern in the otherwise featureless plains surrounding the road as far as the eye can see. The road approaches a bridge to the east where a small river cuts across the path.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, west.

Thurfel says, "we have lost Achillea, that is a good thing"

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Vornavian Coast, The Hills]
The path rises toward a stone ridge to the northeast, and descends into a foggy valley to the south and southwest. A wide, flat area off the path to the east has been used as a campsite by many travelers, as evidenced by a ring of stones used many times to contain campfires.
Obvious paths: south, northeast, southwest.

Arimantis just arrived.

Arimantis clasps your hand tenderly.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis's group just went northeast.

[Vornavian Coast, The Hills]
Several large boulders are scattered about near the path here, providing many cracks, crevices, nooks, and crannies where small animals and lizards can hide. Gaps in the boulders to the east and west are wide enough to allow passage. The path continues to the northeast and the southwest.
Also here: Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, west, northeast, southwest.

Arimantis asks, "Where are the others?"

You are buffeted by a sudden gust of wind, as an angry thunder troll rushes in!
A thunder troll swings a war mattock at you!
AS: +155 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +78 = -258
A clean miss.

A wind witch glides in, a wicked glint in her eyes!

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavian Coast, The Hills]
A pile of shattered stone banks the path to the east. The tips and jagged ends of shattered stone that point in all directions sport swatches of fur and cloth left by travelers foolish enough to attempt to cross the pile. The stones shift occasionally, as if the earth deep beneath them were moving, or as if something were moving unseen amidst the stones.
Also here: Arimantis
Obvious paths: northwest, southwest.

You ask, "Where is Thurfel?"

You say, "Can't locate."

Arimantis's group just went northwest.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The hollowed trunk of a broken tree stands here high above the fog. The jagged edges of the trunk show the tremendous force that must have been necessary to rend this once mighty tree. To the north and west, hills rise out of the fog, but the thick mist persists to the east and south. You also see the Kittorien disk, a polished bloodwood wand and a massive fallen tree blocking the path to the east.
Also here: Arimantis, Lord Zosopage, Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Kittorien
Obvious paths: north, south, west.

Thurfel starts to climb the tree. Effortlessly he moves up it, barely looking to break a sweat.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis confidently climbs up the tree. Within a short time, he has reached the top.

Sherysse begins to climb up the tree. Moving gracefully, she seems to skip across the short protrusions in its surface. Before long, she is standing at the top.

Turinrond flashes a wide grin.

Confidently, you begin to climb up the tree. Within a short time, you have reached the top.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The descent into the fog to the southeast is accompanied by a decrease in temperature that seems unnatural for this area. The fog swirls in delight at the approach of travelers, as if feeding on the heat they bring to the area. A breeze high above does not touch the fog, but occasionally whines like a wailing child. You also see a massive fallen tree blocking the path to the west.
Also here: Lady Sherysse, Arimantis, Grand Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: southeast.

Arimantis says, "Sorry bout that"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis coughs.

Turinrond just climbed up a massive fallen tree blocking the path to the east.

Thurfel chuckles.

Sherysse says, "you were too fast for us"

Arimantis asks, "Where Zoso?"

Arimantis gestures into the air.
Arimantis momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Sherysse says, "he should be coming"

Turinrond asks in Elven, "ye needin' halp?"

Zosopage just climbed up a massive fallen tree blocking the path to the east.

You say, "In Foggy valley."

Sherysse says, "here he comes"

Arimantis says in Elven, "Can always use help"

You smile at Thurfel.

Thurfel faces Arimantis, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!
Thurfel opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.

Turinrond says, "I'll lend me eyes and blade "

Zosopage bows to Turinrond.

Sherysse says, "evening scout"

Turinrond bows.

Sherysse smiles at Turinrond.

Arimantis's group just went southeast.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The ground flattens out to the east, but slopes up sharply to the northwest. The ground is soft underfoot, as if kept constantly damp by the unrelenting fog that swirls ceaselessly on the path. Leaves high above in the trees have a gray tint, almost as if covered by a thick layer of frost or spider webs. You also see a mezic, a coyote and a ball & chain.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Lord Zosopage, Turinrond, Arimantis, Relvar, the body of Lord Dantel who is lying down
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Turinrond says, "Eve all.."

Zosopage says, "good to see ya made it"

Arimantis grumbles.

You curtsy to Turinrond.

A coyote charges at Relvar!
AS: +209 vs DS: +384 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +56 = -86
A clean miss.

A mezic groans a hoarse phrase of magic.

You hear the ghostly voice of Dantel say, "Oy there."

Turinrond greets a coyote. Perhaps they're in cahoots!

Arimantis glances at Dantel.

A coyote tries to bite Arimantis!
AS: +224 vs DS: +566 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +44 = -266
A clean miss.

Arimantis says, "Bah.."

A mezic waves her hand!
The mezic bristles with new energy.
A mezic hobbles northwest.

A coyote charges at Thurfel!
AS: +209 vs DS: +85249 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +71 = -84937
A clean miss.

Arimantis fidgets.

Relvar asks, "Any of ye happen to be able to fog?"

You say, "Just preverve him, Arimantis."

A coyote charges at Turinrond!
AS: +209 vs DS: +612 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +72 = -296
A clean miss.

Turinrond shakes his head at a coyote and clucks his tongue.

A coyote tries to bite Relvar!
AS: +224 vs DS: +384 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +49 = -83
A clean miss.

Relvar says, "I have him preserved"

Turinrond says, "sorry pup"

A coyote charges at Zosopage!
AS: +209 vs DS: +380 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +45 = -95
A clean miss.

Turinrond grieves for a coyote.

Thurfel says, "I can send him to the icemule town center if you wish"

Thurfel chuckles.

A coyote tries to bite Relvar!
AS: +224 vs DS: +384 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +3 = -129
A clean miss.

Arimantis chuckles.

A coyote tries to bite you!
AS: +224 vs DS: +581 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +75 = -248
A clean miss.

You hear the ghostly voice of Dantel say, "Nae, it's OK, sir."

A mezic hobbles in!

A coyote tries to bite Turinrond!
AS: +224 vs DS: +612 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +12 = -352
A clean miss.

A coyote pads in!

You chuckle.

Turinrond gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Turinrond gestures at a coyote.
CS: +231 - TD: +118 + CvA: +25 + d100: +55 == +193
Warding failed!
A coyote is stunned.

A mezic groans a hoarse phrase of magic.

A coyote tries to bite Turinrond!
AS: +224 vs DS: +612 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +2 = -362
A clean miss.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

You say, "Bit far to go."

Thurfel nods.

A mezic waves at a coyote!
A bright luminescence surrounds a coyote.
A coyote charges at Zosopage!
AS: +209 vs DS: +380 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +11 = -129
A clean miss.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

Turinrond gestures at a coyote.
The coyote blinks momentarily.

A mezic hobbles northwest.

Turinrond touches one finger to his lips.

A coyote tries to bite Zosopage!
AS: +224 vs DS: +380 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +87 = -62
A clean miss.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

Arimantis ponders.

Turinrond gestures.
A calm washes over a coyote.
A calm washes over a coyote.

Turinrond nods to the coyote.

Arimantis fidgets with his gold and brass ring.

A mezic hobbles in!
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A tree spirit just arrived.

You hear the faint thoughts of Relvar echo in your mind:
"We might have found help here.. near the lake and foggy valley"

A coyote pads northwest.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A tree spirit gestures mystically!
A tree spirit seems to blend into the surroundings better.
A mezic hobbles east.

Arimantis says, "Hows bout.. I be right back.."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

A coyote pads in!
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

The spirit whispers with a sinister voice carried on the wind!
A tree spirit tries to ensnare Zosopage!
AS: +190 vs DS: +667 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +62 = -383
A clean miss.

Arimantis fidgets.

Zosopage draws a glowing pattern in the air before a tree spirit.
CS: +174 - TD: +28 + CvA: +25 + d100: +61 == +232
Warding failed!
A tree spirit appears to relax and become calm.

A mezic hobbles in!

Relvar says, "Hmm.."

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

You concentrate on the Minor Sanctuary spell...
You gesture.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Arimantis says, "I hate ta leave him.."

You hear the ghostly voice of Dantel ask, "What brings ye to the Valley, Grand Lord Thurfel?"

A coyote pads northwest.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A tree spirit runs northwest.

Thurfel says, "we seek an orb"

Sherysse says, "okay good a sanctuary"

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A mezic hobbles northwest.
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

You take a quick appraisal of Dantel and find that he has some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg, deep gashes and serious bleeding from his chest, minor cuts and bruises on his back, a swollen right eye, and a fractured and bleeding left arm.
He is bleeding slightly from the left arm.
He is also quite dead.

Sherysse nods to Arimantis.

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

You ask, "Ye want to raise here, Arimantis?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Dantel say, "I've a few heavy ones, if that's what ye mean."

You sigh.

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!
A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

Arimantis says, "I have a ring.. I can be there an back in a flash"

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

Arimantis nods to Zosopage.
You nod to Arimantis.

Arimantis fidgets with his gold and brass ring.

A coyote shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

You say, "Allright. We'll wait for ye."

Turinrond whispers, "Was it yet determined who the 3rd orb belonged ta?"

Arimantis reaches down and tenderly cradles Dantel's lifeless hand in his.

A coyote pads east.

Arimantis reaches out and holds Relvar's hand.

You whisper quietly to Turinrond, "Thurfel doesn't know."

Relvar smiles.

Relvar says, "thanks"

You hear the ghostly voice of Dantel say, "Thank ye."

Arimantis gestures.
Arimantis's group becomes blurred, and then vanishes!

You say, "He'll be right back."

You nod.

You say, "Set his ring."

Sherysse nods to you.

You smile at Thurfel.

Thurfel nods.

You say, "Always something."

You wink at Thurfel.

Turinrond idly scratches himself on the neck.

You grin slowly.

Suddenly Arimantis appears in the room holding onto a ring he has just placed on his finger.

Arimantis reaches out and holds Thurfel's hand.
Arimantis clasps Sherysse's hand tenderly.
Thurfel asks, "have any liches been active the past week or two?"

Arimantis clasps your hand tenderly.
You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Not sure ye heard me before, m'lord. Opalina thinks the one in her is Trianvar. By what he is doing, does that sound like his personality."

You smile at Arimantis.

Turinrond says, "many Luukosians tho"

You say, "Not since the last orb was found."

Arimantis says, "Sorry bout that.. jus know how hard it is ta get rescued out here"

Sherysse nods to Turinrond.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Thurfel whispers, "I did hear, just not sure. I do believe its likely though"

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The path is flanked on either side by the thick trunks of trees so dense that a virtual wall is formed. The walls of trees are unnaturally straight, as if guiding travelers due east and west. The fog rises higher from the ground behind the trees, making swirling shapes which dance ominously behind the wooden curtain. You also see a pra'eda.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, west.

You say, "Though I heard a tale of Gavrail draining one of spirit."

A pra'eda waves a hand!
A silvery luminescence surrounds a pra'eda.

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The thick fog continues to hide the ground from sight along this east-west path. Squirrels chitter occasionally from high above, dislodging an occasional twig or acorn that falls silently into the fog. Sounds seem to be swallowed up by the fog, making practically all movement almost completely silent. You also see a mezic.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, west.

A coyote pads in!

You say, "But can't confirm the tale."

Sherysse says, "I'm proud of you for doing that Arimantis"

Sherysse smiles at Arimantis.

A mezic hobbles west.

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavian Coast, Foggy Valley]
The path descends into the fog so deeply that visibility is completely lost. The fog swirls and bites coldly at exposed flesh. Any further progress east would be impossible without becoming lost. The slope upward to the west leads back to the path above the fog. You also see a mezic, a pra'eda, a spectral shade and a mezic.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: west.

A mezic hobbles west.
A coyote pads in!

Arimantis grumbles.

A spectral shade floats west.

Sherysse says, "this is quite a zoo"

Thurfel nods.

A coyote tries to bite Turinrond!
AS: +179 vs DS: +608 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +1 = -404
A clean miss.

Turinrond nods to Sherysse.

A mezic hobbles west.

Arimantis's group just went west.

[Vornavian Coast, Forest Road]
To the northwest, the Old Forest Road rejoins the road circling the lake below. To the southeast, the road strikes up a hill and into the deep green forest. Many branches and other dead wood litter this area, possibly the result of a recent storm.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Thurfel asks, "we nearing?"

You cock your head at Arimantis.

Turinrond nods.

Turinrond points east.

Suddenly Reddwolf appears in the room holding onto a ring he has just placed on his finger.

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavian Coast, Forest Road]
The path here is choked with weeds and vines. Bushes close in on the path, nearly closing it to further travel. The main road to the northwest looks much easier to travel. The path grows rougher to the east. Shaped like a balled-up fist with a single extended finger, a large boulder points accusingly at the bone white tower looming above you on a rocky hillock.
Also here: Grand Lord Thurfel, Lady Sherysse, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Turinrond taps a rocky hillock.

Tillmont just arrived.

Thurfel says, "we are too late"

Tillmont gestures into the air.
A silvery fog coalesces around Tillmont, obscuring his form. When the fog dissipates, Tillmont is gone.

Turinrond blinks.

Arimantis glances at Thurfel.

You ask, "We are?"

Turinrond asks, "too late?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "somebody has found it"

Arimantis grumbles.

Thurfel says, "I sense something"

Thurfel says, "let us head there quickly"

You say, "Ah..."

Arimantis nods.

Arimantis starts to climb the hillock. Effortlessly he moves up it, barely looking to break a sweat.

Confidently, you begin to climb up the hillock. Within a short time, you have reached the top.

[Ruined Courtyard]
An amazing tangle of dried out shrubs and thorn-covered hedges are forcing the path to fork off in two directions. The decaying remains of a small rodent are still visible within the spiky brush, the unfortunate animal clearly a victim of one of the sharp spines. Above the path, a massive tower pierces the sky.
Also here: Arimantis
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest, down.

Arimantis clasps your hand tenderly.

Turinrond just climbed up a rocky hillock.

Arimantis reaches out and holds Turinrond's hand.

Thurfel just climbed up a rocky hillock.

Turinrond says, "eww, I dun't like it 'ere"

Thurfel removes a twisted serpentine staff from in his dark leather satchel.
Thurfel slings a small coral shield off from over his shoulder.

Thurfel says, "look for folks passing"

Zosopage just climbed up a rocky hillock.

Lord Dajamar's group just arrived.

Arimantis glances at Dajamar.

Dajamar sneers.

Femereff's face turns slightly pale.

Thurfel says, "stop"

You say, "Uh-oh."

In response to the soothing melody of Femereff's song, your surroundings become calm and still.

You see Lord Dajamar Nasci'Serpente the Giantman Prelate.
He appears to be in his 90's, has long, braided black hair, green eyes, and pale skin.
He has a dark ophidian mark on his neck, and a leering black demon tattoo on his neck.
He has minor cuts and bruises on his back, a bruised left eye, and minor cuts and bruises on his chest.
He is holding a chipped black glass sphere in his right hand and a wickedly barbed vultite shield in his left hand.
He is wearing an emerald Luukos symbol, a glassy black mica amulet, a crimson-eyed dark grey lizard, a deep black concealing greatcloak, some shadowy snakeskin armor, a fine steel chain bracelet, a Luukos crest, a silver-etched black ora armband, a pair of serpent-shaped bracers, some heavy black leather gloves tooled with images of serpents winding around the fingers, an ebony spidersilk satchel, an ebony spidersilk pouch, a skull-runed obsidian scabbard, some ruby studded black trousers, and some soft-soled dark boots.

Thurfel asks, "did you find the sphere?"

Turinrond says, "he's got it"

The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

Turinrond says, "the giant"

Dajamar smiles slightly

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "He is a Luukosian, m'lord."

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Arimantis squints at Dajamar.

Dajamar winces.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Thurfel asks, "will you give it to me?"

Femereff bites her lip.

Turinrond glances over at Dajamar and winces.

(Dajamar turns a defiant look to Thurfel)

You sigh.

Femereff turns away from Thurfel, ignoring him.

Dajamar says, "I would melt to slag first"

You mutter something about Luukosians..

Arimantis says, "From the looks of it.. you are going to"

Dajamar says, "indeed"

Thurfel says, "I am so tired of death"

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Dajamar says, "there are others who are more deserving..."

Arimantis says, "Achillea told ya where we were goin, din she"

You glance at Dajamar.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Arimantis squints at Dajamar.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

You say, "Likely she did."

You sigh.

Thurfel asks, "will you sell it?"

Dajamar shakes his head.

Dajamar says, "I was there"

Dajamar glances at Thurfel.

Dajamar says, "you spoke of bones.."

Dajamar says, "and barking"

Dajamar says, "I knew from there"

Thurfel says, "perhaps I can enchant a weapon of yours in return for the sphere"

Dajamar says, "perhaps you can"

Dajamar asks, "what can others do?"

You ask, "They are dead. What do ye expect them to do?"

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Thurfel says, "if you speak of the liches..."

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. kill you.."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Thurfel says, "all they will do, is use you"

You nod to Arimantis.

Thurfel says, "then slay you"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Dajamar says, "indeed..."

You see Lord Dajamar Nasci'Serpente the Giantman Prelate.
He appears to be in his 90's, has long, braided black hair, green eyes, and pale skin.
He has a dark ophidian mark on his neck, and a leering black demon tattoo on his neck.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm, some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand, deep lacerations across his chest, deep lacerations across his back, a bruised left eye, and some minor cuts and bruises on his right arm.
He is bleeding from the chest.
He is holding a chipped black glass sphere in his right hand and a wickedly barbed vultite shield in his left hand.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You bite your lip.

Femereff says, "Dajamar promised me a reward of silvers.."

Femereff glances at Dajamar.

You wring your hands.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Dajamar says, "indeed..."

Dajamar gestures.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Thurfel asks, "is it so easy to find a wizard to enchant a weapon for you?"

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Dajamar hisses.

Thurfel says, "the sphere is going to slay you"

Arimantis whispers to the group, "Last time I bother with a corpse on the trail..."

Dajamar says, "perhaps"

Thurfel says, "it was a worthy stop Arimantis"

Dajamar smiles slightly

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Lord Dajamar's group just went down.

Turinrond whispers to the group, "Ye kinnae punish yerself for followin' yer faith"

Turinrond points down.

You bite your lip.

Arimantis's group just went down.

[Vornavian Coast, Forest Road]
The path here is choked with weeds and vines. Bushes close in on the path, nearly closing it to further travel. The main road to the northwest looks much easier to travel. The path grows rougher to the east. Shaped like a balled-up fist with a single extended finger, a large boulder points accusingly at the bone white tower looming above you on a rocky hillock.
Also here: Turinrond, Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis, Lady Femereff, Lord Dajamar
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

You say, "They left."

Dajamar gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Dajamar gestures.
Dajamar's group becomes blurred, and then vanishes!

Thurfel asks, "will you not speak?"

Turinrond says, "they fogged "

You say, "Apparently not."

Arimantis gestures.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Vornavis, West Road]
There seems to be no end to the plains here which monotonously roll out each mile of the journey along the path. Campsites made along the road are swallowed quickly by the dry, rustling grasses.
Also here: Arimantis, Grand Lord Thurfel, Turinrond
Obvious paths: east, west.

Arimantis stumbles about then collapses!

A hawk appears overhead, circling.

You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.

Thurfel says, "we must find him"

The hawk flies away.

You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
Thurfel tries to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.
You try to pull Arimantis to his feet, but he is too heavy.

Arimantis looks totally disoriented!

You concentrate on the Adrenal Surge spell...
You gesture at Arimantis.
Arimantis surges to his feet!

Turinrond gestures into the air.
Turinrond momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Arimantis chuckles.

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Dajamar's surroundings fills your mind...
...[Vornavis, West Road]
...The road here was once extremely well maintained, and looks to be more like a city street than a wilderness road. Cobblestones pave the road that runs up to the remains of a broken and ruined tower to the east, and into the distance in the west. You also see a large doorway leading into the ruined tower.
...Also here: Lord Dajamar who is lying down, Lady Femereff
...Obvious paths: west.

Turinrond furrows his brow.

The sickly pallor seems to fade from Arimantis.

You say, "West Road in Vornavis."

Arimantis gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

A grey wolf pads into the area.

You say, "But doubt will be there long."

There is a twinkle in a grey wolf's eyes.

A mongrel kobold ambles in.

Arimantis's group just went east.

[Vornavis, West Road]
The road curves southwest into a series of rolling hills, cutting a straight path directly over them. To the east, the road plunges into an endless plain of dry, amber grasses rustling in the breezes. Herds of roltons graze on the grasses at the foot of the hills.
Also here: Turinrond, Grand Lord Thurfel, Arimantis
Obvious paths: east, southwest.

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Solhaven, Liabo Plaza]
Easily as large as the entire North Market, the plaza is paved with a spiral pattern of alternating terra-cotta and golden-yellow bricks. On the eastern edge of the plaza stands an ornate, white limestone arch, and beyond it the brick-paved avenue stretches toward Vornavis' towering west wall. A steady mix of merchants, artisans, and clerics pass through the arch in both directions. You also see an old barrel and a terra-cotta bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Arimantis, Grand Lord Thurfel, Turinrond, Lord Zosopage, Wakim, Lord Dajamar, Lady Jaelynne, Elendr, Milik, Achillea, Kuligen
Obvious paths: north, west.

Elendr clasps his hand over his mouth.

Achillea gestures at Dajamar.
A brilliant shaft of pure white light suddenly surrounds Dajamar.

Paole just arrived.

A grey wolf pads into the area.

Arimantis glances at Dajamar.
You glance at Achillea.

Dajamar says, "a healer"

Paole went through the ornate archway.

Arimantis glances at Achillea.

Paole came through the ornate archway.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

You say, "No, don't heal him."

Lord Zosopage's group just arrived.

You shake your head.

Paole smiles at Dajamar.

(Elendr places himself between Dajamar and Thurfel.)

Dajamar says, "ignore her"

You hear the voice of Benyark say, "ah... this is the terrible evil afoot..."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Elendr exclaims, "Go back to your island Mage!"

Paole asks, "are ya in need of a healer here?"

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Achillea asks, "where is the dern lich?"

You say, "Quiet, Elendr."

Thurfel put a twisted serpentine staff in his dark leather satchel.

Elendr gasps.

Benyark fades into visibility.
Benyark hurls himself at Sherysse!
Benyark flies a bit wide and lands in a heap on the ground.

The grey wolf sits down.

Benyark says, "erp"

Turinrond says something in guild speak.

Thurfel says, "Dajamar, the sphere will do nobody any good"

Dajamar says, "she wishes to assist in slaying the town of ice"

Benyark stands up.

Dajamar says, "indeed...it will not"

Jaelynne rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Sherysse says, "it's going to kill Dajamar"

Dajamar says, "it is safer without you though, I believe..."

Thurfel says, "if you allow me to place it in the altar, it will be one more nail in the liches coffin"

Paole went through the ornate archway.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Lady Femereff just arrived.

You say, "Safer without the liches."

Thurfel says, "much safer without the liches"

You hear the voice of Thalaes say, "Lies..."

Thurfel says, "they seek only death"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Elendr snarls menacingly!

Sherysse grins at Benyark.

Elendr stares at Thurfel.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Dajamar removes a serpentine dark maoral staff from in his concealing greatcloak.

You see Lord Dajamar Nasci'Serpente the Giantman Prelate.
He appears to be in his 90's, has long, braided black hair, green eyes, and pale skin.
He has a dark ophidian mark on his neck, and a leering black demon tattoo on his neck.
He has minor bruises on his neck, a fractured and bleeding right arm, some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm, some minor cuts and bruises on his right leg, some minor cuts and bruises on his right hand, some minor cuts and bruises on his left hand, deep lacerations across his chest, deep lacerations across his back, a swollen right eye, a bruised left eye, and minor bruises about the head.
He is bleeding from the right arm, and from the chest.
He is holding a chipped black glass sphere in his right hand and a serpentine dark maoral staff in his left hand.

Elendr exclaims, "Your lies will not 'suade him!"

Dajamar shakes his head.

Arimantis asks, "What good will lettin it kill you do?"

Thalaes says, "I believe you have something I require."

Thurfel asks, "and you think he will give you the orb Thalaes?"

You say, "Ye tell the lies, Elendr, only ye don't even know they are."

Arimantis glances at Dajamar.

You look at Elendr and shake your head.

(Dajamar leans heavily on his staff)

Thalaes grins at Dajamar.

Dajamar glances at Elendr.

Arimantis glances at Thalaes.

Milik says, "doesnt seem he wants to give anyone the orb"

Milik gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Milik shrugs.

Dajamar gazes in awe at Thalaes.

Arimantis squints at Thalaes.

Elendr says, "You are naive and completely enthralled with your lover Iscikella, don't speak to me."

Elendr scowls.

(Femereff supports Dajamar hoping to protect their find.)

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Elendr winces.

Turinrond appears less powerful.

Dajamar glances at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "he will only hold onto it, until it sucks every bit of his lifeforce from him"

You say, "Ye are enthralled with the lich, Elendr."

Turinrond whispers to the group, "this is the last lich?"

(Elendr puts a steadying hand on Dajamar.)

Thurfel says, "then it will drop from his hands"

Sherysse says, "no, Elendr. I see what Iscikella sees"

Milik nods.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Benyark put a glossy mithril skewer in his weapons sling.

Arimantis whispers to the group, "seems so.."

You say, "Who coos and sends perfume to yer nose."

Stratlem suddenly appears looking very confused and a little frightened!

A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area. It begins to spin faster and faster, congealing into a large upright disk. The mist slows its spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.
Alyxandrah steps out of the swirling mist.
Xulia steps out of the swirling mist.

You wave a hand at Elendr, dismissing him indifferently.

Sybryna steps out of the swirling mist.

Dajamar smiles slightly

Sothog steps out of the swirling mist.
Belthania steps out of the swirling mist.

Xulia stares at Thurfel.

Sheka steps out of the swirling mist.
The swirling mist begins to speed up as it spirals back into the opening and fades away.

Thalaes says, "Perhaps you should just hand me the sphere."

Thurfel says, "Dajamar, think of Icemule"

Belthania bows to Thurfel.

Arimantis glances at Sheka.

Sheka mutters angrily.

Xulia mutters under her breath.

Alyxandrah glances at Benyark.

Sheka glowers darkly at Arimantis.

Turinrond glances at Sheka.

(Sheka dusts her robes off.)

Xulia stares at Dajamar.

Thurfel asks, "you have a loved one Dajamar?"

Sheka growls something vile beneath her breath.

Xulia just hugged Turinrond.

Achillea says, "Thurfel, Dajamar knows the words Morvule spoke to me"

Thalaes says, "What I can offer . . . in its exchange . . . surely you could imagine the power."

Turinrond just hugged Xulia.

Thalaes nods to Dajamar.

Alyxandrah groans.

Xulia says, "Is too late."

You mutter something about Luukosians..

Sheka mutters traveling.

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Elendr blinks at Thalaes.

Xulia groans at Thurfel.

Sherysse just hugged Xulia.

Dajamar says, "I do not wish power...but I do not wish the mage to take it"

Dajamar nods to Thalaes.

Xulia just hugged Sherysse.

Thalaes nods to Dajamar.

Arimantis says, "Lies... he be tellin ya lies"

Thalaes says, "Wise, then hand it to me."

Dajamar shudders terribly, his face turning pale and white. You can't help but notice the agony etched upon his's face.

Alyxandrah says, "Then give it to a resident of Icemule."

Thurfel says, "then give it to anybody but the lich"

You say, "Ye wish the liches to it seems."

Alyxandrah nods to Dajamar.

Thalaes says, "I will protect it."

Sherysse says, "better Thurfel than a lich"

Thalaes says, "And you."

You squint at Dajamar.

Thalaes grins.

Xulia exclaims, "Give it me!"

(Dajamar steps weakly to Thalaes)

Xulia beams happily at Dajamar!

The grey wolf looks around suspiciously.

Dajamar says, "I wish nothing..."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Elendr cocks his head.

The grey wolf begins to pant.

Turinrond shakes his head.

Dajamar offers Thalaes a chipped black glass sphere.

Sheka nods to Dajamar.

Thurfel says, "don't do it"

Thalaes accepts Dajamar's black glass sphere.

Arimantis says, "Bah.. he won't protect anythin but himself. Don't give it to him"

Dajamar kneels down.

Sherysse groans.

Alyxandrah gazes up into the heavens.

Elendr beams happily at Dajamar!

Zosopage sighs.

Thalaes grins evilly.

Wakim ponders.

Sheka says, "It will kill you"

Achillea says, "oh"

Turinrond says, "ahh, hope ye 'ave many deeds all"

Sherysse says, "note the evil grin"

(Dajamar slumps weakly)

Sheka says, "Decide"

Tillmont just arrived.

look thalaes
The thing before you may have been a halfling at one time, but only traces of its racial lineage remain. Its face is twisted and distorted, the flesh sickly and mottled. It wears the garments of a mage, although the fabric once rich and lustrous is nothing more than shredded tatters now. It bears no expression or emotion, but a burning rage simmers in the crimson-flecked eyes of the lich.

Sothog says, "Hoo boy."

Sherysse scowls at Dajamar.

Thalaes laughs!

Milik says, "fun"

Thurfel shakes his head.

Thalaes says, "Silly mage..."

Milik gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You say, "Hmmm... the unknown ninth."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Thalaes snickers.

Thalaes grins at Thurfel.

(Dajamar cluches his symbol with his free hand)

You glance at Thalaes.

Turinrond nods to Wakim.

Thurfel says, "I am not done with you all yet"

Zosopage nods to you.

Thurfel says, "not by any means"

Achillea turns towards Thalaes and renders a sharp salute with her emerald-bladed longsword.

The lich fades from your vision, nothing left of it but a few tattered bits of decaying cloth.

Sheka raises an eyebrow.

Alyxandrah glances at Dajamar.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Sherysse shakes her head at Dajamar and clucks her tongue.

Alyxandrah says, "Someone behead this fool."

Turinrond grunts.

Benyark says, "hrmm..."

Elendr wipes the sweat from his brow.

Benyark says, "that can't be good"

Alyxandrah says, "That is the fate he has given Icemule."

Elendr glances at Alyxandrah.

Elendr removes a stained hand and a half broadsword from in his weapon sling.

Xulia splutters.

Sherysse says, "you'll probably regret that decision, Dajamar"

(Dajamar sneers weakly at Alyxandrah)

You shake your head.

Milik says, "joy..halfling mages and liches"

You sigh.

Sheka stares at Dajamar.

Milik gazes up into the heavens.

Dajamar says, "I doubt it...weak one"

(Elendr moves to Dajamar's side.)

Milik says, "I knew I shoulda just stayed in bed this morning"

Sothog squints at Dajamar.

The grey wolf begins to pant.

Milik shakes his head.

Thurfel says, "two in the liches hand, two in safe keeping"

Elendr says, "You have my blade, for doing the right thing."

Elendr nods to Dajamar.

Zosopage says, "that you will"

Sheka lets loose with an involved curse detailing the improbable ancestry of Dajamar.

You say, "Dajamar, ye did so much wrong."

You sigh.

Dajamar leans on his staff.

Dajamar stands up.

Alyxandrah stares at Elendr.

Benyark whispers, "if i had known what the snakes were up to i would have said something... i followed them for 10 or so minutes"

Sothog says, "Even up."

Dajamar says, "have I.."

Sothog mutters under his breath.

Benyark sighs.

You say, "Elendr, I pity the day Gavrail throws ye away like a used rag."

Dajamar asks, "and what was correct? what the masses wish?"

Xulia asks, "So da lich got hims ball?"

Alyxandrah nods to Elendr.

Wakim says, "that was incredibly short sighted"

Thurfel says, "I must get the staff"

Dajamar smiles slightly

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Turinrond says, "eh, ye shoulda bargained mebbe a bit"

Belthania nods to Thurfel.

Turinrond shrugs.

Sherysse nods to Xulia.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Zosopage asks, "would you trust someone that grins evilly after you gave him that?"

Elendr says, "Oh shut up Iscikella. I'm so tired of hearing your moaning."

Sheka glowers darkly at Dajamar.

Belthania says, "it shall be yers"

Paole's group just arrived.

Dantel bows to Thurfel.
Belthania bows to Thurfel.

Achillea says, "why don't you Thurfel? if you truly cared so much you would have"

Paole bows to Thurfel.

Dajamar glances at Sheka.

Xulia says, "Thurfel, I jest gotta say... It'd sure be nice if'n yew tole us NICE folks from Mule dat yew tinkin it were down in Solhaven."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Xulia lets out a flaming volley of invective that makes your ears burn.

Dantel asks, "Grand Lord, may I be of help?"

Dajamar clasps Femereff's hand tenderly.

Thurfel asks, "why don't I what?"

Xulia says, "We were tryin elps."

Dantel says, "And welcome to Solhaven."

Dantel bows.

Thurfel smiles at Dantel.

(Femereff glances at Dajamar with concern)

Thurfel says, "thank you"

Paole says, "Good eventide Thurfel. Tis good to see you again"

Xulia leans on her toporok.

Sheka says, "Go die somewhere."

Sherysse smiles at Dantel.

You whisper quietly to Xulia, "He didn't know. Was Arimantis idea and decided to try it."

Sheka glares at Dajamar.

Thurfel says, "your town is in no danger"

Dantel smiles at Sherysse.

Xulia frowns.

Milik leans on his broadsword.

Thurfel says, "Icemule, unfortunately, can't say the same"

Elendr leans on his broadsword.

Dajamar smiles at Sheka.

Sherysse sighs.

Sheka narrows her eyes.

Zosopage says, "even more so now"

Dajamar says, "your concern is touching..."

Alyxandrah says, "You have no right to step foot in Icemule, traitor."

Milik nods to Jaelynne.

Xulia whispers, "But we were lookin fer it hard. Wouldnt be better to bring LOTTA us down ere to look?"

Alyxandrah glares at Elendr.

Dajamar says, "it is done here..."

Turinrond whispers to the group, "Don't mind Achillea.. the oafish lass will ask silly questions all night long in the guise o' thinkin' she's clever."

Xulia squints.

Elendr says, "You lie Thurfel. If you get the vessels, this town and all the rest will be in danger."

Achillea says, "you could have taken the Staff long ago, but instead of force Xeldria you kill us"

Sherysse begins chuckling at Turinrond.

Dajamar says, "until the next is uncovered..."

Achillea stares at Thurfel.

You whisper quietly to Xulia, "Arimantis asked all who were there at the time."

Thurfel says, "the town is in danger every day"

Dajamar says, "and that will be handed over as well"

Zosopage grins at Turinrond.

Dajamar nods to Thurfel.

Dajamar says, "very much so"

Xulia whispers, "Yep, well I were in a room fulla stinkin bones. Nobody mentioned'd it."

Femereff bites her lip.

Dajamar smiles slightly

Xulia frowns at you.

Thurfel says, "from the ones you ally with"

You say, "Achillea, the liches kill."

You squint at Achillea.

Alyxandrah says, "Thurfel is not a danger to Icemule."

You say, "Very selective memory ye have."

Sheka says, "So don't we."

Sheka shrugs.

Alyxandrah says, "The Nine and the likes of you are."

Alyxandrah nods to Elendr.

Achillea says, "Thurfel kills too, I noticed"

Belthania says, "do not talk to such a savior as Thurfel like that"

Dajamar says, "and you know this..."

Sothog asks, "So, I take it you need the staff to offset the loss of two orbs?"

Sheka says, "That's no great threat Misguided One."

Xulia whispers, "No offense, I jest wish we'd all had da chance ta elps down ere, instead'a flailin round like idjits. Now Thaleles got it."

Achillea says, "and leaves me to bleed to Amasalen"

Sheka starts chuckling at you!

Achillea laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

(Dajamar nods slowly to Alyxandrah)

Zosopage says, "he doesn't send swarms into our city"

Jaelynne begins chuckling at Milik.

Xulia scratches her head.

(Elendr looks for a moment at Alyxandrah, his eyes blinking rapidly. With a sigh, he takes a step back.)

Alyxandrah shifts her eyes to Dajamar.

Thurfel says, "the staff will give me the ability to hold off the liches, perhaps wrest the orbs from them"

You whisper quietly to Xulia, "We didn't get there in time either. Came across a deader on the road."

You sigh.

Dantel blinks.

Thurfel says, "if they regain five of the nine"

Femereff raises an eyebrow.

Dajamar smiles slightly at Thurfel

Xulia asks, "Thurfel, next time yew want nice townsfolk ta elps yew, an yew leave town.. why not tell us so we kin elps yew?"

Thurfel says, "then we are in trouble"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Xulia stares at Thurfel.

Turinrond says, "ye will be hard pressed ta convince Xeldria o' much o' nuttin"

Xulia frowns.

Sothog nods to Thurfel.

You stare at Dajamar.

Thurfel looks over at Belthania and shakes his head.

Thurfel says, "two for them, two for us"

Sothog says, "I see."

(Elendr says calmly, "The staff will give you the ability to take everything from the people of these Lands Thurfel. And I know it.")

Sherysse says, "we never made it in time, Xulia"

You whisper quietly to Dajamar, "I will remember how ye hurt IceMule this night."

Femereff begins a careful examination of Dajamar -- she takes his pulse, checks his temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Dajamar says, "perhaps we can deal when I have the staff"

You say, "Elendr, yer lies are not appreciated."

Dajamar leans on his staff.

Sheka says, "You will have to take the Staff from the wench the same way you got what you needed from Halfberry."

Sheka nods to Thurfel.

Sothog says, "Ability does not equate to motive."

Dajamar glances at you.

Benyark says, "hrmm"

Thurfel nods to Belthania.

Alyxandrah glances at Elendr.

Turinrond asks, "ye kin git the staff?"

Belthania says, "he cant"

Xulia says, "But we coulda been ere faster."

Xulia nods to Sherysse.

Elendr says, "You know not what I have seen Iscikella, so don't claim to assume anything."

You say, "Peddle Gavrail's words elsewhere."

(Dajamar leans to Iscikella a moment)

Turinrond peers quizzically at Dajamar.

Xulia says, "Dunt seem matter."

Belthania says, "she has to give it freely"

Wakim asks, "and you seek to keep it out of the hands of Thurfel by giving it to the Lich's?"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Wakim peers quizzically at Elendr.

You say, "I know the lich has beguiled ye."

Thurfel says, "slaying Dajamar for his deeds would seem useless"

You nod to Elendr.

Sheka says, "She would as her body turns slowly to ash"

You say, "With her perfume."

Sheka cackles!

Dajamar whispers, "I couldve killed you several times over misguided one...remember that in your fond memories of me"

Alyxandrah says, "Iscikella..."

Dajamar smiles at Thurfel.

Elendr rolls his eyes.

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah says, "Gavrail carries a stench with her..."

You whisper quietly to Dajamar, "I don't care if ye kill me."

Alyxandrah says, "It isn't perfume."

Thurfel says, "however, if you should find he has a loved one"

Turinrond whispers to the group, "mebbe Thurfel give us a lil light show o' splatterin' Luukosian parts since they both 'ere"

Elendr says, "You make jokes. I find I do not laugh."

Thurfel says, "please let me know who it is"

Dajamar smiles at Thurfel.

Achillea says, "did not stop you from slayin me, Thurfel"

You whisper quietly to Dajamar, "Ye have killed IceMule."

Thurfel says, "I tire of folks aiding the liches"

Elendr glances at Thurfel.

Dajamar says, "and this is who would save your lives"

The grey wolf scratches itself.

(Dajamar laughs sarcastically)

Femereff frowns.

Achillea begins chuckling at Dajamar.

Sherysse says, "I'm tired of it also, Lord Thurfel."

Sherysse sighs.

Thurfel says, "I wish to rid Icemule of their presence"

You nod to Sherysse.

(Elendr shakes his head in sadness.)

Sheka says, "Hello wench."

Sheka nods to Femereff.

Xulia asks, "I tire of yew askin us ta elps, an din gettin upset when it dunt werk. Kint yew hide dese spheres er sumfin?"

Dajamar says, "you are judged by those who surround you, Firemage..."

Xulia peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Dajamar says, "I surround myself with noone...and stand alone"

Benyark removes a light crossbow from in his Faendryl pack.

Thurfel says, "the liches hid them"

Thurfel says, "not I"

Thurfel says, "I can only try to recover them"

Xulia says, "Sure a big magic fella like yew kin sense em quicker din summa like... dat."

Alyxandrah says, "That explains it."

You say, "He doesn't know where they are, Xulia. The sages just get clues."

Alyxandrah nods to Dajamar.

Elendr says, "Keep on constructing your lies Thurfel. Perhaps the town in the end deserves to be stabbed in the back by you, for what they unknowingly do for you."

(Femereff glances at Dajamar with concern)

Milik rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You roll your eyes.

Alyxandrah hauls off and slaps Elendr up'side his head!

Sothog chuckles.

Elendr winces.

Thurfel smiles at Alyxandrah.

Dantel hauls off and slaps Relvar up'side his head!

Xulia laughs!

You say, "Elendr, when the lich tosses ye out, remember."

Relvar stares at Dantel.

Sherysse grins at Alyxandrah.

Dajamar shakes his head.

Turinrond shifts his weight.

Benyark shrugs.

Alyxandrah says, "If you step foot in Icemule again, and I see you, you will die."

Alyxandrah nods to Elendr.

The grey wolf scratches itself.

Xulia gawks at Alyxandrah.

Elendr says, "tosses me out? She'll be gone soon, any way I look at it. You're so naive. So foolish."

Alyxandrah says, "That is a promise."

Jaelynne nods to Milik.

Elendr glances at Alyxandrah.

You say, "Ye are naive."

Xulia asks, "Werent him yer frien afores?"

You look at Elendr and shake your head.

Thurfel says, "it is time to return to icemule, please join me if you wish to return"

You ask, "See?"

Xulia stares at Alyxandrah.

Achillea smiles at Dajamar.

Alyxandrah says, "My betrothed."

Alyxandrah nods to Xulia.

You say, "Very naive, Elendr."

Dajamar says, "you threaten...quite a bit.."

Murp lunges forth and ambushes an unsuspecting old barrel mercilessly but to little effect.

Dajamar nods to Alyxandrah.

Xulia glances over at Alyxandrah and winces.

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Pollie kneels down.

Milik rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Turinrond glances at Murp.

Dajamar says, "this I will remember..."

Sheka says, "can't"

Murp nods to Turinrond in greeting.

Sherysse places her arms akimbo and looks about as if waiting for something.

Dajamar says, "and...laugh, more than likely"

Pollie says, "Lord Priest, I sensed your need"

Dajamar chuckles.

Sothog coughs.

Dajamar smiles at Pollie.

Thurfel nods.

Elendr says, "You're scared Alyxandrah, but I still love you... no matter what you do."

Turinrond leans on Murp.

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly at Thurfel.

Xulia groans.

Pollie meditates over Dajamar.
Pollie takes Dajamar's right arm damage.

Dantel asks, "Thurfel, I'm heading back to the Valley, what's yer orb look like in case I find it?"

Xulia stares at Elendr.

[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
Tarred pilings and a stone block wall shore up Bayside Road and stand against the constant action of the waves. This section of Bayside is windier than most, since nothing slows the winds from the west and the expanse of Liabo Plaza to the east provides no obstructions. An old sailor sits on a wooden bench facing the bay, oblivious to the wind and to passersby. You also see a peglegged cat.
Also here: Arimantis, Achillea, Lord Zosopage, Lord Sothog, Lady Sheka, Alyxandrah, Xulia, Belthania, Turinrond, Murp, Sybryna, Lady Sherysse, Elendr, Grand Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: east, northeast, southwest.

Xulia says, "I dunt tink she loves yew.."

Thurfel asks, "is everybody here that should be here?"

Sheka says, "The Princess"

Xulia says, "er, dunt seem to."

Thurfel removes a pearlescent abalone sceptre from in his dark leather satchel.

Sheka nods.

Sheka pokes Alyxandrah in the ribs.

Murp asks, "how much this trip gonna cost?"

Murp squints.

You say, "And some who shouldn't."

Wakim just arrived.

A grey wolf pads into the area.

A peglegged cat walks about the room with a *pad-pad-pad-thump*, obviously the lord of his territory.

Arimantis says, "Yup.. and Achillea too"

Lord Benyark just arrived.

Elendr says, "That doesn't matter anymore."

Sheka glowers darkly at you.

Elendr nods to Xulia.

Arimantis starts chuckling at you!

You point at Achillea.

Thurfel says, "she will walk back"

Xulia says, "Dunt send us Teras, tho."

Thurfel grins.

Wakim joins Thurfel's group.

You point at Elendr.

The grey wolf looks upward negligently.

Turinrond says, "a million silvers, and ye pay me, Murp"

Turinrond nods to Murp.

Xulia squints at Elendr.

Zosopage says, "I have a feeling we are going to have some rough days ahead"

Murp says, "I'll have to owe ya"

Sherysse leans on Zosopage.

Murp just handed Turinrond some coins.

Murp nods.

A peglegged cat walks about the room with a *pad-pad-pad-thump*, obviously the lord of his territory.

Turinrond says, "ye make 20 sacks o' sticks den"

(Elendr clasps his hands at the small of his back.)

Turinrond nods to Murp.

Xulia peers quizzically at Elendr.

Benyark says, "interesting..."

Turinrond raises his fist at Murp.

Murp's jaw drops.

Zosopage says, "but we're ready"

Xulia asks, "I thot yew loved'd yer lich ladee?"

Xulia stares at Elendr.

Zosopage leans on Sherysse.

Benyark says, "next time a see a snake talking of finding an orb i won't wait to act..."

You say, "he does."

Sherysse nods to Zosopage.

Elendr says, "You all love to make assumptions."

(Sheka kicks the cat hard.)

Benyark shrugs.

Elendr shrugs.

You glance at Elendr.

Turinrond applauds Sheka.

A peglegged cat sits down and begins meticulously grooming his peg leg.

Sothog rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Murp nods to Wakim.

Sheka smirks.

Sheka nods to Turinrond.

Belthania says, "it is partially my fault"

Turinrond says, "tha's the first thing ye dun that I liked, witch."

Turinrond nods to Sheka.

Alyxandrah says, "You can only love her if you would so easily see Icemule destroyed."

Sheka cackles!

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre at Achillea!
The very ground itself comes alive, the dirt and stones at your feet exploding upward. The debris continues to erupt, until vision is completely obscured. Thunder booms overhead, and a several forked lightning bolts assault the area. Finally, the chaos subsides.
Achillea just vanished.

Alyxandrah nods to Elendr.

Belthania says, "i knew that the orb was in solhaven but I spoke too late"

Murp says, "nice shot"

Zosopage says, "you make assumption too, yours just are wrong"

Elendr cocks his head at Alyxandrah.

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

The peglegged cat thumps his peg leg on the ground a couple times, tail swishing in irritation. With an annoyed heave he gets to his feet, then gives an immense yawn.

Sheka says, "I hope you sent her to Teras"

Sheka snickers.

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre.
The very ground itself comes alive, the dirt and stones at your feet exploding upward. The debris continues to erupt, until vision is completely obscured. Thunder booms overhead, and a several forked lightning bolts assault the area. Finally, the chaos subsides.
Benyark just vanished.
Wakim just vanished.
Arimantis just vanished.
Zosopage just vanished.
Sothog just vanished.
Sheka just vanished.
Alyxandrah just vanished.
Xulia just vanished.
Belthania just vanished.
Turinrond just vanished.
Murp just vanished.
Sybryna just vanished.
You feel yourself pulled away.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Peja disk, the Bjin disk, the Reygne disk, a leather helm and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Sybryna, Murp, Turinrond, Belthania, Xulia, Alyxandrah, Lady Sheka, Lord Sothog, Lord Zosopage, Arimantis, Wakim, Lord Benyark, Candor, Triin who is sitting, Lord Nekales, Peja, Journeyman Aterik, Nushien who is sitting, Amandia who is sitting, Lord Bjin, Reygne who is sitting, Riyin who is sitting, Scorchingheart who is sitting, Tianni, Journeyman Liteanilis who is sitting.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Sherysse just materialized from nowhere.
Elendr just materialized from nowhere.

Xulia groans.

Elendr blinks.
Nekales blinks.
Amandia blinks.

Sheka gags.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Xulia exclaims, "Wow!"

Elendr says, "Funny, I thought I was walking back."

Alyxandrah says, "Leave, now."

Tianni clasps Nekales's hand tenderly.

Araemil asks, "are any of you fletchers?"

Sothog says, "Nice."

Benyark asks, "eh?"

Aterik says, "wow"

Candor says, "hey look whose here"

Murp grins.

Candor hauls off and slaps Arimantis up'side his head!

Alyxandrah glances at Elendr.

Candor snickers.

Arimantis glances at Candor.

Xulia exclaims, "Quick trip!"

Xulia just hugged Candor.

Xulia grins.

Benyark says, "now i have to walk all the way back to Solhaven..."

Xulia laughs!

You gesture into the air.
Awareness expands as your mind reaches out, questing for Thurfel. Images flash past your senses...
Slowly the images fade as the magic begins to unravel. Thurfel must be beyond the reach of your spell.

Amandia says, "Goddess bless. An invasion of empaths and clerics."

Elendr nods to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah hangs her head.

Sherysse exclaims, "we're home!"

Benyark says, "you know"

Sherysse blinks.

Amandia grins at you.

Turinrond says, "eh"

Arimantis says, "Don try me.. Im not in a good mood"

Candor smiles as Arimantis bows to him.

Belthania sighs.

Elendr gazes fondly at Alyxandrah.

Benyark says, "i was helping them prepare for war..."

Zosopage says, "I like thos kind of rides"

Zosopage smiles.

Arimantis thumps Candor!
The blow catches him square in the solar plexus! He doubles over, gasping for air.

Alyxandrah says, "Leave."

Alyxandrah glares at Elendr.

Sothog says, "Scuse me."

Lord Sothog just went east.

Arimantis grumbles.

Murp winces.

(Turinrond meditates over Murp. Nothing happens.)

You say, "Neither am I, Arimantis, so know the feeling."



Button Link to Thurfel Main