Of Temples and Caverns
Tilamaires, day 30 of the month Olaesta in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
This log is actually the combination of three logs from two players, two from Iscikella's player, and one from Vonka's player. It should be noted, therefore, that in this log the "you" references refer to either of these two characters, as noted in the initial reference.
Also in Iscikella's final log, the words/actions of the lich essence are recognizable as they read "Iscikella" rather than "you" and the acts are not in parentheses. During the time the lich essence was in control of Iscikella, I -- the player -- had no input into those words/actions.
***END NOTE***

This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

[Hall of the Gods, Main Chapel]
The Temple has been carved from the ice of the glacier. A vaulted ceiling rises above you, carved with faint designs, and thick pillars etched with the symbols of the gods rise to meet the dome. The walls glimmer with light from the moon, adding divine ambiance to an already spectacular chamber. To the northwest is a passage, seemingly brighter than the rest, while the tunnel to the southeast looks darker than you would think possible in the well-lit Temple.
Also in the room: Elendr who is seated
Obvious exits: west, northwest, southeast, out.

You glance at Elendr.

(Elendr continues to cry into his knees, his body trembling.)

You ask, "Ye hurt?"

You cock your head at Elendr.

You start a careful diagnosis of his condition . . .
He is in perfect health.

You ponder the meaning of Elendr's existence.

(Elendr whispers, "go... away..." as his voice cracks with pain.)

You say, "Seem hurt somehow."

(Iscikella places a hand on Elendr's forehead.)

Elendr exclaims, "LEAVE you bloody wench of hysterical madness!"

You say, "No fever though."

(Elendr slaps Iscikella's hand away.)

You blink at Elendr.

You say, "Seems ye are the one mad."

Elendr trembles.

You say, "With such language."

You say, "And I only see one person in hysterics."

You say, "And it isn't me."

You shake your head.

(Elendr glares up at Iscikella, his eyes bloodshot and crazed.)

Elendr says, "Don't... talk to me."

You ask, "Ye do something to yer eyes?"

You cock your head at Elendr.

Elendr trembles.

You ask, "Afraid of something?"

search
You don't find anything of interest here.

You say, "Seems safe in here."

You say, "Though of course no place is ever safe."

You sigh softly.

(Elendr tucks his head back inbetween his legs and chest, but goes deathly still.)

You raise an eyebrow in Elendr's direction.

You ask, "Sick?"

(Iscikella searches around in her satchel.)

You say, "Don't have my vessel of chamomile tea."

You snap your fingers.

You say, "Always helps the stomach."

You nod.

You say, "Use it a lot after fogging."

You sigh.

You raise an eyebrow in Elendr's direction.

You ask, "What is wrong with ye, Elendr?"

(Elendr quietly chants under his breath, his voice low at first but then rises. "betrayor... Betrayor... BETRAYOR...")

You say, "Ye seem a bit... overstressed, Elendr."

You think to yourself, "That is putting it mildly to be sure."

You ask, "Whatever is the matter?"

Elendr says, "betrayor... betrayor.... betrayor... betrayor.... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor.... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor... betrayor..."

You raise an eyebrow in Elendr's direction.

You say, "Some chanting is healthy, but that kind isn't."

You shake your head.

You say, "Will just make ye crazy."

(Elendr smiles up at Iscikella, his grin maddened but his eyes resolute.)

Elendr says, "your shield child..."

You ask, "Shield?"

You cock your head at Elendr.

You ask, "Whatever are ye talking about?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Elendr stands up.

Elendr cocks his head at you.

Elendr asks, "You're not too bright. are you?"

You smirk.

You think to yourself, "Brighter than one who falls for the beguilements of a lich." Elendr leaps from hiding to attack!
Elendr swings a pearl-handled blue steel dagger at you! AS: +348 vs DS: +47 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +29 = +352
... and hits for 60 points of damage!
Shot shatters hip and severs left leg!
You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled left leg!
You are stunned for 10 rounds!

(Elendr kneels down next to Iscikella, wiping the blade on her armor.)

You are still stunned.

Elendr smiles down at her, but it appears neither happy nor sad, but rather resigned.

You exclaim, "Keep the blood and give it yer damn lich to drink! What she wants anyway!"

(Elendr straightens up and looks down at Iscikella.)

Elendr says, "Fool. You never could see."

You say, "Maybe ye don't see."

Elendr says, "I see everything now..."

Elendr says, "Everything is clear."

You say, "all I see is an attacker."

You sit up.

(Iscikella rubs at her stump.)

You furrow up your face and wince.

Elendr says, "Don't come within my presence and goad me again without a shield. Your lesson..."

Elendr says, "You never were good at those."

You say, "I don't take lessons from ye."

You glare at Elendr.

(Elendr licks the end of his dagger, a strange satisfaction crawling over his features.)

You say, "And I don't carry in the shield in the temple."

You think to yourself, "Just like the liches to sully the temple yet again..."

Elendr put a pearl-handled blue steel dagger in his Elven hunting cloak.

You say, "And ye can go to yer Gavrail."

You say, "And lie on her lap."

Elendr glares at you.

You think to yourself, "Ye have sullied him too, Gavrail, with yer wiles and yer perfume. He reeks of both."

You say, "Ye are a fool."

You sigh.

(Iscikella rubs at her leg.)

Elendr says, "don't ever mention her name in my presence. You make foul of it. You disgust me. You degrade her being... her essence."

You exclaim, "I will mention what I like!"

Elendr says, "I hate you Iscikella Sylph... I hate you so much."

Elendr weeps softly, quiet tears falling from his eyes.

You concentrate on the Bind spell...
You gesture at Elendr.
CS: +350 - TD: +181 + CvA: -9 + d100: +28 - -5 == +193
Warding failed!
Elendr suddenly stops all movement.

You say, "And ye will sit listen, lich lover."

You say, "Glibber the lich, who ye love, is deceitful."

You ask, "Ye think she rules the Nine because she is kindly?"

You ask, "Are ye that much a fool?"

Elendr says, "You don't know anything about her. She is far more good than you have ever been. Ever."

You exclaim, "Neither do ye!"

You exclaim, "Realize that!"

You say, "I have never attacked anyone."

You say, "I have never killed anyone."

You ask, "Good?"

You ask, "Ye sinking into idiocy now?"

Elendr begins to move again.

Elendr says, "You are maddened. Watch your back. Always. And damn you."

You say, "I will not be damned by ye."

You say, "Ye have no power."

You say, "Glibber can have ye."

You say, "Ye deserve one another."

You say, "And I will not watch my back around ye."

You say, "If ye kill me, ye will kill and be reviled for it."

You say, "I will not raise a weapon against ye."

You say, "Ever."

You think to yourself, "So much for yer plans on that score, Glibber. No, I will not forward them by attacking yer puppet. Ye cannot make him glib enough to so force me. He is merely hapless. I see this clearly. But ye, magess, are cruel beyond belief."

You say, "I pity ye, Elendr."

You say, "Ye have been made as much a part of lichly mentality as anyone living can be."

You say, "Ye forget what life is."

You say, "And concern yerself only with undead things."

You shake your head.

You say, "Life has left ye."

You say, "Abandoned."

You say, "Ye have nothing but death."

You say, "Death is in yer veins."

You say, "and it will poison ye."

You say, "Has poisoned ye."

You say, "ye let another take yer soul."

You say, "It will never be yers again."

You say, "and ye will never be alive again."

You struggle, but fail to stand.

You concentrate on the Adrenal Surge spell...
You gesture.
You feel a surge of energy that carries you to your feet in a heartbeat, with no sense of effort whatsoever!

(Iscikella glances with pity at Elendr.)

You say, "I truly pity ye, Elendr."

You say, "Ye have nothing left."

You say, "Life has left ye."

You say, "Love the lich then."

You say, "Since death is all ye have."

You say, "And do realize liches do not love back."

You say, "Goodnight, toy of Glibber."

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see a torn tan jacket, a simple maoral strongbox, an abandoned hall, a plain residence, a splendid colorful tiled home, a low mithril gate and an abandoned manor.
Obvious paths: north, west.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.
You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

You hear the voice of Adimiron say, "hello"

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

You say, "Stay away from Elendr."

You say, "he is crazy."

You hear someone humming softly to himself in the shadows.

You say, "Just took my leg off."

You hear the voice of Adimiron say, "i sensed Thulevier"

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left leg feels better.
You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left leg feels better.

You think to yourself, "Thulevier? Passing yer toy around to the other liches to use now, Glibber? How... kindly."


This log is from the viewpoint of Vonka and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up concurrent with the previous log...
***END NOTE***

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall.
Obvious exits: southwest, up.
Kadesha and Aranrhod followed.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

You kneel down.

Aranrhod says, "Vonka"

Aranrhod asks, "Do you want us to stay here?"

You nod to Aranrhod.
Aranrhod nods to you.

You say, "Aye."

Aranrhod stands in front of a grey altar.

Aranrhod just opened a supple leather pouch set with a flawless soulstone cabochon.
Aranrhod removes a porcelain Lumnis statue from in her leather pouch.

You remove a snow white beeswax candle from in your spidersilk cloak.

Aranrhod kneels down.

(Vonka places the candle on the floor by the grey altar.)

You carefully place your beeswax candle on the ground. You light the beeswax candle, which flickers and begins to burn.

You gulp.

You say, "Milady, I come ter ask yer sommit."

Kadesha asks, "who was here?"

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Aranrhod blinks.

Aranrhod closes her eyes for a moment.

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Kadesha put some black demon rum in her hooded robe.

You say, "I were t'inkin' dat mebber der be some good in de lichs."

Kadesha kneels down.

Kadesha lifts her Lorminstra symbol reverently to her lips, and its image of a golden key on a field of black pulses for a moment with a pale glow.

Kadesha continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.

Kadesha touches you.

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

You say, "So, I come up wit' an idear ter tes' Thuleiver."

You say, "But I dunno iffin it be a good idear--acos I could lose me soul."

(Kadesha whispers quiet prayers on behalf of Vonka while keeping a watchful eye about)

You say, "I were gonner ask 'im ter do ten good deeds." A snow white beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

You glance at a snow white beeswax candle.

You bite your lip.

You say, "An.... I figgered iffin he dun' dat, mebber he'd member bout bein' live, and how nice folks kin be." A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

You say, "An' mebber he wouldn' be so evil no more."

You sigh.

Kadesha sighs sadly.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

Aranrhod gazes into the flickering flame of a snow white beeswax candle, lost in thought.

You say, "I know Elendr an' Achillea wan' me ter do it, acos dey t'ink dey'll make me lose me soul."

You say, "An' it wouldn' change Thulevier none."

You say, "An' Kadesha an' Aranrhod dun' wan' me ter do it fer de same reason."

You ask, "But--be it true dat were ain' no good in de lichs?"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Kadesha closes her eyes for a moment.

You ask, "Mebber der's jus' a li'l bit?"

You say, "Elendr says no one gives de lich a chance--an' I says dat I kint acos dey kills folks."

You ask, "But be it all one way er de udder?"

Aranrhod places her hand on her Lumnis statue.

Kadesha just touched a grey altar.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Kadesha closes her eyes for a moment.

You say, "I berlieve der's a bit o' good in evert'ing."

A snow white beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

You bite your lip.

You say, "But mebber I be wrong."

You ask, "Kin yer gimme a hint, Milady? Be der good in evert'in--even jus' a li'l bit?"

You ask, "Er be der t'ings whut be all bad?"

You say, "I guess dat's whut I wanner know."

You murmur some prayers under your breath.

Aranrhod just touched a grey altar.

Kadesha says, "Lumnis, I know I am not the most balanced soul.."

(Kadesha edges closer to the chaos circle)

Kadesha says, "but I do pray you show Vonka this answer. I truly believe I already know, there remains no good thing in undeath but to be released, but, she needs to hear from you"

Kadesha continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.

Kadesha says, "Dear Lumnis, for the sake of her very soul, please, give her the wisdom she needs, give her the serenity of knowing"

Kadesha touches you.

You bite your lip.

You hang your head.

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

(Vonka touches the chaos circle with the tip of her finger.)

Aranrhod asks, "Vonka...if I may?"

You blink.

You turn to face Aranrhod.

You say, "Aye."

Aranrhod says, "She does hear you...of this I am certain"

You nod.

You say, "I know."

Aranrhod says, "But she guides"

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Aranrhod says, "And possibly she guides through others"

Aranrhod says, "That you know"

You say, "Mebber she gimme de answer when de time be right."

Aranrhod says, "Just by being friends"

Kadesha says, "sometimes we look for a whisper when an answer is shouted, and sometimes we look for shouting when the answer is whispered"

Aranrhod says, "And caring for you"

(Vonka traces the chaos circle.)

You nod.

Aranrhod says, "Vonka...I come here every day"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Aranrhod says, "To pray for balance...within myself"

Kadesha beams!

Kadesha exclaims, "Vonka!"

Aranrhod says, "Do not think I speak lightly"

Aranrhod says, "I know you suffer"

Aranrhod sighs.

Aranrhod glances at Kadesha.

You ask, "Whut?"

You blink at Kadesha.

Aranrhod glances at a snow white beeswax candle.

Kadesha says, "which Voln symbol does Lumnis bless"

You say, "Symbol o..."

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Aranrhod says, "Wisdom"

Aranrhod says, "And Knowledge"

Kadesha says, "no, Voln symbol"

Aranrhod says, "Oh wait"

Aranrhod nods.

Kadesha gives Aranrhod a little prod between the shoulder blades.

You ask, "Turnin?"

Aranrhod says, "I am bad with that"

Kadesha beams!

Kadesha nods to you.

Aranrhod chuckles.

You nod to Aranrhod.

Aranrhod says, "Cause I never use them"

Aranrhod grins.

You say, "Dun' tell de gran'master."

Aranrhod nods to you.

Kadesha asks, "and what does turning do, besides not much for rogue?"

You say, "Me neidder."

Aranrhod says, "I just never see the need"

The beeswax candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You ask, "It releases undead?"

Kadesha nods to you.

You say, "Aye.. but.."

Kadesha says, "Turning is very much like repel, yes"

You say, "Mebber we need ter fin' a way ter release de lichs."

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Kadesha says, "well we do, since the normal means of Voln don't work, but..."

You feel thousands of tiny things swarming over your skin for a moment.

You say, "An' mebber it means gittin' der help."

Kadesha says, "I hoped you would see, that is the symbol she blesses"

Kadesha says, "the undead have no redemption except release"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Kadesha says, "well I thought it was significant that this was her symbol"

Kadesha shrugs.

You say, "Mebber it be."

You ask, "But de question ain so much ter release--but how, init?"

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Kadesha says, "I believe there may have been a shred of good in the nine while they were alive, but they still yielded to evil"

You sigh.

Kadesha says, "but you are asking if there is still a shred of good in them"

You say, "Wish I knew der story--from dem."

You say, "Somehow I dun' t'ink it be all dat simple."

Kadesha says, "I dont think anything alive is totally evil"

Aranrhod says, "They are not willing to share information"

Aranrhod says, "It seems"

You say, "Somtimes we all be dead."

Kadesha says, "but they are no longer alive they suffer the curse of undeath and it is a curse they chose"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

You say, "An' we dun' nessersarily be bad den."

Aranrhod says, "Vonka"

Aranrhod says, "If you were locked in a tomb"

Kadesha says, "no, but, they are beyond Lorminstra's favor"

Aranrhod says, "Would you allow yourself to die and go beyond the gates"

Aranrhod says, "Or"

Aranrhod asks, "Become a lich?"

You say, "I'd rat'er die."

Aranrhod nods to you.

Aranrhod says, "You just told me what is in your heart..."

You say, "Jus like I'd lie down in afore a ogre."

Aranrhod says, "You know what to do"

Aranrhod nods to you.

Aranrhod asks, "But...no thoughts of revenge?"

Aranrhod asks, "On the ones that put you there?"

You bite your lip.

Aranrhod says, "Ever ending life"

You say, "I might--iffin it were Achillea."

Aranrhod asks, "To get revenge?"

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Kadesha says, "one could have had thought without acting on them to the point of becoming liches"

Aranrhod asks, "You would give your soul for revenge on Achillea?"

You say, "Onny whut'd happen ter me'd be worse den whut happen ter 'er."

Kadesha says, "having the thought is one thing"

You shake your head.

You say, "Nope, guessin' not."

Aranrhod nods.

Aranrhod smiles quietly to herself.

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Aranrhod places her hand on her Lumnis statue.

You say, "Den agin, I ain' bin shut in dat tomb."

You say, "Iffin I were--"

You gulp.

You say, "I'd be hopin' ter de end dat sommun'd take pity."

You say, "An' let me out."

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

Aranrhod asks, "And become a lich?"

Aranrhod looks rather confused.

Aranrhod hugs you.

You say, "T'ink bout it."

A faint, flickering light emanates from a snow white beeswax candle, warming the room with its glow.

Kadesha says, "no, shed wanna be let out before that"

You say, "Yer stuck inna tomb--an' dark, an' col'."

You say, "An' yer allus hungry."

Aranrhod says, "I admit...I do not know what I would choose...I have know great hatred before"

You say, "An' yer ain' got no hope dat anyone gonner help yer."

You wring your hands.

You say, "An' den yer gits sommun out."

A faint, flickering light emanates from a snow white beeswax candle, warming the room with its glow.

You say, "An he sposed ter help yer out."

You say, "An' yer waits.... an' waits... an' waits...."

You say, "An' he never comes back."

Kadesha says, "well I do understand why they hate Thurfel"

You say, "Mebber dey didn' have no choice."

Kadesha says, "but them seeking your soul dont help you none"

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Aranrhod says, "Vonka...choice or no...they cannot be helped now"

Aranrhod says, "Except to be released"

You bite your lip.

You nod to Aranrhod.

Aranrhod says, "That is the only way I can see it"

You say, "Guessin' yer right."

You sigh.

You say, "I guess I jus' be a fool."

Aranrhod says, "I have to view it as a blessing to do so"

Aranrhod says, "And you are far from a fool"

Aranrhod nods to you.

Kadesha says, "no, you be soo full of mercy you cannot and dont want to conceive of a place where mercy cannot be had"

Aranrhod says, "You had a very noble unselfish idea"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Kadesha touches you.

Kadesha hugs you.

You hug Kadesha.

You sniff.

Aranrhod says, "And...even if you have not made your final decision"

Kadesha says, "but mercy still can be had, but only through release, now"

Aranrhod says, "I will understand"

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You say, "Welp, since I tol' Elendr. I prolly gonner here one way er de udder."

You bite your lip.

You sigh.

A snow white beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

You say, "Iffin it's no, Thulevier prolly gonner be even madder nex' time."

Kadesha says, "nothing he can do in anger at your refusal can hurt as bad as what he can do if you give in to him Vonka"

Kadesha rubs you gently.

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You nod to Kadesha.

You lean on Kadesha.

You say, "T'anks fer bein' 'ere."

You say, "An' watchin' over me while I prayed."

Kadesha says, "so long as whatever pain he can inflict is limited to the temporal, not the eternal"

You say, "Aye."

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "I doubt that. I could do many things to you now, but I stay my hand."

You nod to Kadesha.

You exclaim, "Thulevier!"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Kadesha says, "but if you yield, the pain can last longer"

You blink.

Kadesha snarls menacingly!

You ask, "Dey says der ain' no good in yer. Be dat right?"

Aranrhod frowns.

Kadesha glances at the north wall.

Aranrhod places her hand on her Lumnis statue.

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

Aranrhod just touched a grey altar.

Aranrhod closes her eyes for a moment.

Kadesha places her hand on her Lorminstra symbol.

Kadesha touches you.

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "They pass judgement upon one who has been locked away in darkness for years without a second thought. I trust them not."

Aranrhod says, "Judgement seems passed on us as well"

You say, "Tell me, den. Afore I passes any judgmen'...."

Kadesha asks, "who passes judgement, Thulevier?"

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Kadesha says, "we did not make you undead"

You ask, "Be yer willin' ter do good in order ter git me help?"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Aranrhod glances at you.

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "I know what you ask, little one. Come to me, and I will have words with you."

You gulp.

Aranrhod says, "Vonka"

You ask, "Where be yer?"

Kadesha says, "were you alive, Thulevier, you could have had a chance of redemption"

Kadesha stands up.

Aranrhod asks, "Why do you wish to talk to her alone?"

Kadesha stands in front of you.

Aranrhod stands up.

Kadesha exclaims, "Vonka!"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Aranrhod says, "Surely we are no threat"

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "If you will come, I shall bring you."

You gulp.

Kadesha looks over at you and shakes her head.

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Kadesha looks over at you and shakes her head.

Aranrhod glances at you.

Kadesha begs and pleads with you!

You say, "I'll come... onny dis oncet."

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Kadesha faces you and shrieks at the top of her lungs!

Aranrhod says, "Take one of us"

Kadesha exclaims, "Vonka!"

You ask, "Kin Aranrhod come?"

Aranrhod says, "We are no threat to you"

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "Please, you are really quite impossible... if I wished her harm, or you harm, you'd be dead already."

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "Only you may enter my chambers."

Kadesha says, "harm is not my concern right now, her soul is, lich"

A faint, flickering light emanates from a snow white beeswax candle, warming the room with its glow.

Aranrhod sighs.

You gulp.

Aranrhod glances at you.

You stand back up.

Aranrhod hugs you.

Kadesha just tried to pull you towards her!

You hug Aranrhod.
You hug Kadesha.

Aranrhod says, "I know I cannot stop you"

You say, "I be back."

You say, "I promise."

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

You tremble.

You say, "I be ready, Thulevier."

An insidious whisper rises from the ground, "Then come you shall."

Kadesha exclaims, "Lorminstra! be with her!"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Aranrhod places her hand on her Lumnis statue.

You reach out and touch a polished golden key suspended from a delicate silver chain.

You close your eyes for a moment.

A wave of power flows out of Kadesha and toward Vonka who is surrounded by a soft white light.

Darkness begins to rise up from the ground in a whirling pool around Vonka. Within moments, she is pulled into the haze and disappears.

You feel yourself being pulled away...

[A Dark Cavern]
Two flickering torches are inset in this strange, expansive chamber. Corpses litter the floor, some in the advanced stages of decay and others simply skeletons. A massive blood-stained throne of bone sits against the northern wall, and a path has been cleaved through the numerous dead bodies toward it.
Also here: Thulevier who is seated
Obvious paths: none.

You gasp.

You stare at Thulevier.

The thing before you may have been a halfling at one time, but only traces of its racial lineage remain. Its face is twisted and distorted, the flesh sickly and mottled. It wears the garments of a mage, although the fabric once rich and lustrous is nothing more than shredded tatters now. It bears no expression or emotion, but a burning rage simmers in the crimson-flecked eyes of the lich.

Thulevier makes a sweeping gesture with his hand idly.

(Vonka blinks back tears of terror.)

Thulevier says, "Old friends."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You ask, "Dis be yer room?"

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Thulevier says, "Long ago and now again."

You glance at Thulevier.

You ask, "Afore yer were dead?"

Thulevier nods to you.

You shudder.

You ask, "Yer kilt yer frien's?"

(Vonka stares at the skeletons.)

Thulevier asks, "Friends... enemies, who's to tell after all these years?"

You bite your lip.

You ask, "Yer dun' members yer frien's?"

Thulevier chuckles a rasping, bitter laugh.

You gulp.

Thulevier says, "I had friends. Oh yes, I had them... but these corpses were not made that way by my hands, little one."

You ask, "Who dun it? Amasalen?"

Thulevier stares down at you from the throne.

Thulevier says, "The man who abandoned me. The man who abandoned all of us."

Thulevier says, "Thurfel."

(Vonka looks down for a moment, then raises her eyes slowly to gaze at Thulevier.)

You gasp.

You ask, "He kilt all dese folks?"

You ask, "Why?"

You kneel down.

Thulevier says, "My friends would act with my intentions. He could not afford to have any distractions such as them around."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Thulevier says, "They rest here. In this grave. My grave. To what I once was."

Thulevier says, "And am no more, because of him."

You say, "Dat be terrble."

You wring your hands.

You glance at Thulevier.

Thulevier says, "Now you see why there is such hatred in my and my kin's actions. Why we take extreme measures."

Thulevier says, "Know now that it is not pointless."

You say, "I kin see why yer dun' like Thurfel."

You say, "I dun' see why yer bein' killin' folks."

Thulevier says, "Merge with me, and it will stop. Persuading the living is hard when you are... this."

You bite your lip.

Thulevier smiles a sickening smile, his crusted, rotting skin pulling upwards.

(Vonka can't help turning away in disgust and fear.)

You shudder.

Thulevier says, "A thousand lies, a thousand misconceptions. There is no reasoning in your world for one such as me."

You say, "I wanner berlieve yer."

You say, "But folks say yer kint have no good in yer."

Thulevier says, "Merge with me completely, and the killing will stop. Thurfel will be destroyed, and he shall condemn no more to such a fate."

Thulevier gestures at the pile of corpses.

You bite your lip.

You say, "Thurfel allus bin helpful ter me."

Thulevier asks, "Do I not fight a righteous fight? Is it not clear I remember my friends? Is not anger stirred within my now-dead heart over such atrocities?"

You ask, "An' whut bout fergiveness?"

You gulp.

Thulevier says, "Thurfel wears many masks. And behind them all is something far more terrifying than my simple visage."

You stare at Thulevier.

You ask, "Whut?"

You ask, "Whut be berhind all dat?"

Thulevier asks, "Look what he can commit, when he is pushed to. Look back to when he first escaped. Are your townsfolk not just now repairing the damage?"

You bite your lip.

You say, "Aye...but den he got nice."

You cock your head at Thulevier.

You say, "An' dat's whut I wonder bout yer."

Thulevier laughs dryly, a plume of dust shooting from his mouth.

You say, "Iffin der be a chance yer could be nice."

Thulevier says, "I stayed my hand the entire time you spoke, little one. I am not driven to destroy."

You feel thousands of tiny things swarming over your skin for a moment.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You ask, "Kin yer do good, den?"

Thulevier says, "I do good now by fighting against Thurfel."

Thulevier says, "And I know what you will ask."

(Vonka holds her breath.)

Thulevier asks, "I have done more than enough now, little one. Do you think I am unaware of what goes on above the surface?"

You shake your head.

You say, "Nope. I figgers yer gots ways o' findin' out."

You say, "Seen yer prove dat enuff."

Thulevier asks, "Knowing what I have done, do you not think I could merely destroy all those in the Town Center with a flick of my wrist?"

Thulevier says, "I do what I must, when I must."

Vonka starts to answer, then decides to hold her tongue.

You nod.

You ask, "So, guess dat yer answer be "no"?"

Thulevier says, "And were you to become completely one with me... there would be no reason to act against you, only Thurfel himself."

Thulevier says, "I am capable of what you define as good, little one."

You ask, "Whut happens after Thurfel be derstroyed?"

You nod to Thulevier.

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Kadesha thinking, "Vonka if you can hear this, just know that Elendr..Gavrail, just attacked Iscikella, so much for goodness"

You ask, "Aye?"

Thulevier says, "Nothing. We go our seperate ways."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Thulevier drums his yellowed fingers across the skull that makes up an armrest of the throne.

You blink.

Vonka doesn't like the look of that skull.

You gulp.

You ask, "So, after Thurfel be dead, yer jus' gonner come back 'ere an' take up knittin'?"

Thulevier says, "Oh yes, you live... I forget what it is like to be surrounded by death."

You nod.

You say, "Dat's de sorter t'in' dat skers me bout yer."

Thulevier says, "I will sleep."

You say, "Oh."

You say, "Yer said yer could do good stuff."

You say, "But I dun' t'ink o' good meanin' jus' not killin' folks."

Thulevier smiles crookedly, his yellowed teeth showing through a patch of flesh.

You shudder.

Thulevier says, "Do you really think the people up there would accept it, little one? I am dead. They do not want goodness to come from me."

Vonka is very tempted to cover her eyes right now, but doesn't think it would be polite.

You say, "I t'ink'd change der min's."

You say, "An' killin' folks dun' seem ter be doin' much."

Thulevier asks, "Would you, not knowing what you know now, see me approaching you and not run, even should my intentions be good?"

You shudder.

You say, "I ain' runnin' now."

Thulevier says, "And they know me not like you do."

You say, "Killin' 'em dun' make know yer no better."

You say, "Mebber iffin dey saw yer do sommit good, dey'd change der min's."

Thulevier says, "This was explained, little one. Persuading the living is not an easy manner for me. Most do not have an open ear like you."

Thulevier laughs another bitter, raspy laugh.

You wiggle your ears.

You nod.

Thulevier says, "I can hear their voices now, little one..."

You listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

You shudder.

A corpse suddenly springs to life and points an accusing finger at Thulevier, "It's a ruse! Kill the beast!" It cries, then falls back down as the lifeless pile of flesh it once was.

You say, "Hard ter hear anyt'in' in dis place."

You gasp.

You flail your arms about.

Thulevier says, "That is what will be said, little one."

You blink at Thulevier.

You ask, "Yer made dat body git up?"

Thulevier nods to you.

You ask, "It didn' do it on its own?"

You grin.

You exclaim, "Do it agin!"

Thulevier says, "I work through death. It is all I have."

You ask, "Kin yer make it dance?"

You stand back up.

(Vonka stares at the body.)

One of the skeletons suddenly springs to life and hangs in the air, its handbones waving slightly.

You giggle.

You curtsy.

You say, "Evenin', Mister Skellieton."

The skeleton suddenly begins to move, its feet tapping out an odd dance pattern.

You grin.

You dance around the room to music only you can hear.

Thulevier says, "There can be mirth in death, though joyless it might be. You dance with my wife."

You gasp.

The skeleton clatters to the ground once again.

You stare at Thulevier.

You shudder.

You take a few steps back.

(Vonka opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.)

Thulevier says, "I have gotten used to it."

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Iscikella thinking, "Please consider yerself yer own, Vonka."

You say, "Couldn'... never git used... never..."

You gulp.

You exclaim, "Never!"

You sob.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

Thulevier says, "I must. I remember the days of joy we had, and remember who did this to her."

You sob.

You kneel down.

You bury your face in your hands.

Thulevier says, "Were I consumed by it... he would win."

You ask, "Where be her soul now?"

You shudder.

Thulevier says, "Who knows. I have seen the man's creations, and hoped he had no interest in necromancy."

You ask, "Did she die afore yer were shut up?"

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Iscikella thinking, "Please, please stay yer own, Vonka. Ye are yer own."

(Vonka forces herself to look at Thulevier.)

Thulevier says, "She was alive and well when I was imprisoned."

You ask, "Den how yer know Thurfel kilt 'er?"

Thulevier says, "I found her here, along with the other bodies...my chambers were known only to my fellow Councilmen."

Thulevier says, "And there has only been one Councilman freed..."

You nod.

You say, "Aye."

You say, "So, onny he couldn' dun it."

You say, "An' he muster brun' 'em here."

You shudder.

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

Thulevier says, "He thought it little more than a convenient place to hide bodies... but now it hides another. I am a corpse, twisted and nothing of what I once was, but I will not lay silent."

Thulevier says, "I will destroy him for what he's done."

You ask, "Why not bring everone 'ere?"

You ask, "Show dem all whut he dun?"

Thulevier asks, "Do you know what they will say when you return?"

You nod.

You say, "Dey'll say yer jus' tol' me lies."

Thulevier says, "That it is all a lie. Would that I brought them here, their words would be the same."

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Iscikella thinking, "Focus on Lumnis, Vonka, and seek only Her guidance. Not that of Elendr. Not that of Achillea. Not that of Thulevier."

You say, "I dunno, Milord."

You say, "It be differnt when yer sees it."

You reach out and touch a polished golden key suspended from a delicate silver chain.

Thulevier says, "They do not understand as you might, little one."

You say, "Lorminsta, I prays dat all dese folks be in a place wit'out pain."

You hear the faint whisper of Tjaran saying, "I am with you, we are with you."

Thulevier says, "They see me, and see naught but a bringer of death and a liar. They would say I slayed them all by my hand, and if I cared for them, I would not keep them here..."

You say, "Dey oughter be buried, Milord."

Thulevier says, "They do not realize, death is all I have left. Life holds no place for me any longer, because of people like them."

You say, "An' prayers fer de dead said over dem."

You ask, "Why did yer bertray de town, Milord?"

You hear the faint whisper of Tjaran saying, "Vonka...a lot of people are worried about you, what is going on?"

Thulevier says, "The town? Politics are a deadly game."

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Ilvane thinking, "Iscikella, where has he taken her?"

You say, "Folks say yer all betrayed de town, an' fough' wit' Luukos."

Thulevier says, "We were caught up in them, little one. The thirst for power is enticing. I have no want for it any longer."

You say, "Dat's why yer were shut up."

Thulevier says, "I have power beyond power now. The world at my fingertips, as it were."

Thulevier says, "And look what it has gotten me."

You say, "All dat power... an' yer be so unhappy."

You sigh.

Thulevier says, "A field of corpses, and a bitter enemy."

You say, "I feels sorra fer yer, Milord."

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Iscikella thinking, "We don't know."

Thulevier says, "Then help me achieve my goal. Do not demean the sincerity I have shown you here."

You shake your head.

You say, "I be skert, Milord."

Thulevier says, "You will come to no harm. Nor will anyone else."

Thulevier says, "Except the man who is responsible for what is before you."

You ask, "Why der yer need me help, Milord?"

You say, "Yer be all powerful--an' I be verra weak."

You say, "An' yer kin make me do stuff whenever yer wan'."

Thulevier says, "It is better to have one who is willingly on your side. Betrayal is the easiest act even one small as yourself can make."

Thulevier says, "I know this all too well."

Thulevier smiles bitterly.

You bite your lip.

You say, "Bertrayal kin come from sommun big an' powerful, ter."

Thulevier says, "Why would I betray you? I have no need to."

You say, "I dunno."

You say, "But der's some udder reason."

You say, "Whut no one be talkin' bout."

Thulevier says, "Your doubts are your enemy, little one. The unknown is hard to step into without doubts."

Thulevier asks, "Another reason?"

You nod.

Thulevier asks, "And what would this reason be?"

You ask, "Why did yer choose me, Milord?"

You say, "Der were lotser folks at de well dat night."

Thulevier says, "It is a strange feeling, being born into the world dead..."

Thulevier says, "I was blind, only sensing the life-force of those around me. I was drawn to it."

You bite your lip.

Thulevier says, "You were the one who I was drawn to. I did not know it until I had fully awakened, little one."

You sit up.

(Vonka draws her knees up and hugs them.)

Vonka is very confused.

You say, "It be nice ter talk ter yer like dis."

You say, "Wit'out yer killin' folks."

Thulevier says, "Aid me, and only good may come of it."

Thulevier says, "We are in my world, here."

Thulevier says, "Not that of the living. Everything is already dead here."

You cock your head at Thulevier.

You ask, "Yer sayin' dat iffin livin' folks were here, yer'd be killin' dem?"

Thulevier says, "No. Only the cries of defiance you would normally hear should I manifest above. The rallying of troops to battle. The hollow threats and taunts."

You nod.

You say, "I know it be hard ter talk ter folks when dey does dat."

You say, "But mebber iffin yer showed dem dat yer weren' so bad."

Thulevier says, "They do not listen, I make no effort to change their perspective."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

You say, "Guess yer dun' need der help."

Thulevier says, "I could, would that you would join with me."

You ask, "How would dat help yer kill Thurfel?"

Thulevier says, "It would help in the battle."

You shiver.

You ask, "Der gonner be a battle?"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Thulevier says, "There is a battle, already. Icemule is the ground it is waged on."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Thulevier says, "The quicker it ends, the less people die."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Thulevier says, "There will be death where Thurfel is involved, little one."

You say, "See, I wanner know yer kin be good afore I promise ter help yer."

You say, "And yer wan me ter help afore yer shows dat yer kin be good."

Thulevier asks, "I have shown I am capable of mercy, and sincerity, have I not?"

You say, "Yer shown dat yer kin talk wit'out killin' folks."

Thulevier says, "Would you wish me to rescue a dying child on their sickbed? Their mother would say I have cursed it."

You say, "But, jus not killin' folks ain' whut I means by good."

You nod.

You say, "Didn' say it were gonner be easy."

Thulevier says, "What would I say, little one? My words fall on deaf ears on the surface."

You say, "My ears ain' deaf."

You say, "Mebber udder ears ain' deaf, neidder."

You say, "Der's folks whut even like yer."

You say, "Like Achillea."

Thulevier asks, "And the rest? I am obviously capable of restraint. But what purpose does it serve, what greater good will it do anyone?"

You say, "Good be good fer its own sake."

You blink.

Thulevier says, "Then I will manifest above and let them speak what they will."

You stand back up.

Thulevier says, "And you will know I do not kill for the sake of killing."

Thulevier stands up.

You say, "I ask 'em ter listen, den."

You nod to Thulevier.

Thulevier asks, "Then will you be convinced?"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You say, "I dunno."

You say, "But I'd be more sure den I 'em now."

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

Thulevier says, "I know what they will say, and it will be of no use... you know they will not listen. But if it bestows clarity..."

Thulevier says, "You will return once I have opened the gate."

(Vonka gazes around the cavern, as if memorizing the sight.)

You nod to Thulevier.

You say, "Okies."

You feel yourself being pulled away...


This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up concurrent with Vonka's previous log and immediately after Iscikella's previous one...
***END NOTE***

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall. You also see a snow white beeswax candle.
Also in the room: Aranrhod who is kneeling, High Lady Kadesha who is kneeling
Obvious exits: southwest, up.

You say, "Elendr is crazy."

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You say, "He took my leg off."

You say, "Completely crazy"

Aranrhod blinks at you.

Aranrhod asks, "Why?"

You think to yourself, "Because I think Gavrail let Thulevier use his body. Or maybe she did it herself. Oh, I don't know anymore."

You say, "I have no idea."

The beeswax candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

Aranrhod frowns.

You say, "He went crazy."

Aranrhod asks, "Did he run off?"

Aranrhod asks, "After he did it?"

Aranrhod peers quizzically at you.

You say, "I don't know."

Aranrhod blinks at you.

Kadesha continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.

You say, "I found him down in the main chapel."

You say, "And he seemed sick."

Aranrhod put a porcelain Lumnis statue in her leather pouch.
Aranrhod just closed a supple leather pouch set with a flawless soulstone cabochon.

Aranrhod asks, "Sick?"

You think to yourself, "Maybe Thulevier's essence disagreed with him, since he is so intertwined with Gavrail's."

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

You say, "Was putting his head between his legs."

You nod.

You say, "Sick."

You say, "So I tried to help."

Aranrhod nods.

You say, "And he told me to get my shield out."

You think to yourself, "And he addressed me as 'child', didn't he? Odd he should do that..."

You say, "And I looked at him like he was mad."

You say, "And he just attacked me."

You say, "And took my leg off."

Aranrhod blinks at you.

Kadesha sighs.

Aranrhod frowns.

Kadesha says, "I wish Vonka knew that now"

Aranrhod nods to Kadesha.

You ask, "Vonka?"

Kadesha says, "it could help her decide"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Aranrhod says, "Thulevier took her"

You ask, "took her?"

Your jaw drops.

You think to yourself, "Merciful Lumnis! what is happening?"

Kadesha says, "Vonka is with Thulevier as we speak"

Aranrhod says, "Happened so fast"

You ask, "Took her where?"

Aranrhod says, "No clue"

Aranrhod says, "He would not let us go"

Aranrhod sighs.

Kadesha says, "it just happened, she agreed to go, an I could think of no more to do but call upon Lorminstra"

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

You frown.

You say, "That is not good."

Aranrhod says, "No..."

Aranrhod sighs.

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

Kadesha says, "I wish Vonka would know what Gavrail..Elendr did"

Kadesha grumbles.

Kadesha says, "wonder if she could hear Voln net from wherever"

Aranrhod says, "Can try"

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

Aranrhod says, "But would be public"

Aranrhod says, "Might put her in danger"

Elendr just arrived.

Elendr glances at you.

You think to yourself, "If Thulevier is using him too... Damn! he can't be here. Isn't safe for anyone if he is."

Kadesha stands up.

Kadesha removes a veniom-banded silvery rolaren buckler engraved with the image of a golden key set upon a gate of black from in her wand harness.

Elendr shakes his head.

Elendr just went southwest.

Kadesha removes a veniom-hilted falchion from in her wand harness.

Aranrhod stands up.

A faint, flickering light emanates from a snow white beeswax candle, warming the room with its glow.

You say, "Get out, Elendr."

Kadesha searches around for a moment.
Aranrhod searches around for a moment.
Kadesha searches around for a moment.

Aranrhod says, "He has"

Aranrhod says, "Unless invisible"

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures into the air.
Kadesha momentarily gets a faroff look in her eyes, and then returns to normal.

Kadesha says, "out"

You think to yourself, "Time to confront this magess..."

You belt out, "Glibber? Oh Glibber! Ye cowardly sack of decaying flesh and rotting bones, come out!"

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

You tilt your head up.

Elendr just arrived.

Kadesha exclaims, "Vonka... come back!"

Elendr frowns.

Elendr says, "Alright Iscikella. I'll grant it to you."

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at you.
A wall of force surrounds you.

You ask, "Grant what?"

You squint at Elendr.

Elendr says, "I was wrong. I shouldn't have done what I did. And I apologise."

Lord Tjaran's group just arrived.

You think to yourself, "Oh go away, Elendr! I can't have ye spying here for the lich."

Elendr says, "I don't expect your forgiveness."

Tjaran asks, "Where is he?"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Aranrhod asks, "Why did you attack her?"

Kadesha sighs.

Aranrhod blinks.

Elendr says, "Nor do I want it or care for it. I am not a very happy elf at the moment."

Aranrhod sighs.

Kadesha says, "we dont know where she is"

Tjaran asks, "Thulevier?"

Tjaran says, "He is about..."

You think to yourself, "Indeed he is 'about'..."

You say, "Elendr, it doesn't matter to me."

You say, "Ye are dead."

You say, "Ye matter not to me."

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You say, "Go lie in Glibber's lap."

You think to yourself, "Perhaps Thulevier was once her lover... long ago. Who knows?"

Elendr says, "Good. Then I will quietly ask you not to goad me anymore. Not to speak to me. Not to acknowledge me."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "I did not goad ye when ye attacked me."

You say, "And I will acknowledge who I please."

You say, "Ye don't command me."

You think to yourself, "Thulevier, Gavrail... whoever ye are... Whatever ye are... ye don't command me."

You ask, "Ye hear?"

You shake your head.

Elendr says, "Iscikella, it is something I am asking for kindly. Please don't speak to me. I don't want it."

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Arimantis's group just arrived.

Tjaran just hugged Arimantis.

Elendr says, "But it is your choice whether or not you will or will not."

Kadesha paces back and forth.

You ask, "Kindly? After attacking me for seeing if ye were sick?"

Kymbers frowns.

Elendr says, "You've hardly been kind to me these past months."

You say, "I have done nothing to ye."

Elendr asks, "I'm soulless remember? Why would you care for me?"

Aranrhod nods to Juspera in greeting.

A faint, flickering light emanates from a snow white beeswax candle, warming the room with its glow.

Aranrhod nods to Mnar in greeting.

Mnar nods to Aranrhod.

You say, "Perhaps because I remember when ye had a soul."

Juspera curtsies.

Kadesha glances at Arimantis and begins to wail!

Arimantis glances at Kadesha.

Elendr says, "I doubt that very much Iscikella. You've never known me. No one has."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Gradin just arrived.

You say, "Seems not."

You shake your head.

Gradin squints.

You say, "There I have to agree."

Sherysse smiles at Gradin.
Zosopage smiles at Gradin.

Gradin says, "It seems awful crowded in here for it being so late."

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

(Elendr paces around for a moment, appearing deep in thought.)

Lord Arianiss just arrived.

Arimantis says, "Bah.. Im always here"

Aranrhod says, "I was here praying"

Arianiss rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Aranrhod says, "Actually"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You nod to Arianiss in greeting.

Gradin says, "As I came to do..."

Gradin frowns.

Aranrhod says, "Excuse me"

Aranrhod smiles.

Aranrhod just went southwest.

Elendr says, "I forgive you for what you are going to do Iscikella. I want you to know that."

Elendr smiles softly.

You think to yourself, "Holy Lumnis! what more do these liches intend to force me to do?"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Gradin glances at Elendr.

You say, "Forgive me? I haven't done anything, Elendr."

You think to yourself, "And Lumnis, I beg, please keep it that way!"

Mnar nods to Juspera.

Kadesha frowns at Elendr.

Elendr says, "I know."

You say, "And ye hand is the one the abbess prophesized would bring the blackened decay."

Tjaran says, "Shut your trap, Elendr. You are pompous and self-righteous."

Elendr looks thoughtfully at Tjaran.

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

(Arianiss brushes some dust off his jacket.)

You sigh.

Kadesha bites her lip.

Tjaran says, "None of your words have ever held value with me, all you ever do is claim to know what you THINK everyone else should."

(Elendr nods his head slightly in deference towards Iscikella and Kadesha. His weakened frame heaving with every breath, he turns to leave.)

You say, "But right now I am worried about Vonka."

Elendr turns around.
Elendr just went southwest.

Tjaran says, "Good riddence."

Tjaran yells, "Go on, you filth!"

Tjaran sneers.

Kadesha paces back and forth.

Arimantis sighs.

Kadesha sighs.

Arianiss asks, "Soooo, someone share the drama tonight?"

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Zosopage nods to Gradin.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You say, "I only know that Elendr attacked me."

Kadesha says, "Vonka came here seeking Lumnis for guidance"

Arianiss rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Took my leg off."

Kymbers frowns.

You say, "I came in after Vonka was spirited away."

Tjaran says, "I believe Thulevier has Vonka."

You think to yourself, "And Thulevier may have been in Elendr when he attacked..."

Kadesha says, "in part due to confusion she has thanks to Elendr and Achillea"

Arimantis grumbles.

Kadesha says, "after she prayed awhile an aran an I talked, Thulevier came"

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Arimantis says, "Poor thing doesn't deserve this"

Kadesha says, "and asked her to go with him, he showin her something"

Juspera begins chuckling at Mnar.

Arimantis glances at Kadesha.

Arimantis says, "Bah"

Arianiss rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Arianiss scratches his chin.

Zosopage clasps Sherysse's hand tenderly.

Arimantis says, "Reminds me of the time.. Ilvane got lured ta the shrine."

Arimantis grumbles.

Zosopage blinks.

Kymbers waves.
Zosopage waves.

You concentrate on the Symbol of Thought, "Please consider yerself yer own, Vonka."

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Lord Zosopage's group just went southwest.

Mnar says, "Question."

Arianiss says, "The answer is sometimes in the winter."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Mnar asks, "Why isn't Elendr dead now?"

Arianiss shrugs.

Mnar says, "He didn't look that tough."

You say, "I don't attack folks, Mnar."

Kadesha says, "what will it serve? wont kill Gavrail"

You say, "I don't kill."

Juspera scratches her chin.

Juspera asks, "Who is Elendr?"

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

Mnar asks, "Hrm, very well.. why isn't he shackled up somewhere, then?"

Arianiss shrugs.

Arimantis says, "Elendr be the one possessed by Gavrail.. he done given in ta her"

Juspera asks, "Is Gavrail another lich?"

You say, "I bound him, but it didn't last."

Arimantis nods to Juspera.

You nod to Juspera.

Juspera says, "Oh."

Mnar says, "I'm sure we could arrange something more permanent"

Kadesha asks, "well Mnar, have any shackles you know how to work?"

Arimantis gestures into the air.
Arimantis gets a frustrated look on his face.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Tjaran asks, "Cannot find Vonka, Arimantis?"

Arianiss says, "I sense a trip to Varunar."

Arimantis says, "Bah.. right now, Im jus worried bout Vonka"

Tjaran says, "Me too."

You concentrate on the Symbol of Thought, "Please, please stay yer own, Vonka. Ye are yer own."

Tjaran shakes his head.

Mnar says, "Perhaps not physical shackles... cut his hands and feet off, and pluck out his eyes and tongue"

Gradin asks, "A lich has her, correct?"

Arimantis glances at Arianiss.

Kymbers nods to Tjaran.

Arimantis ponders.

Arimantis nods to Gradin.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You say, "I wouldn't give Glibber the satisfaction."

The beeswax candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

Arianiss asks, "Who?"

You say, "Of falling to her level."

You think to yourself, "Hear that, magess? Ye won't bait me into killing. Ye won't!"

Mnar says, "We can do that. We have the technology."

Lord Zosopage just arrived.

You say, "Glibber -- Gavrail the Glib."

Arianiss says, "Eh, okay."

A snow white beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

Tjaran says, "Vonka may be gentle but she is strong."

Arimantis asks, "Where would he take her?"

You say, "Elendr was convinced she would give in."

Gradin asks, "I assume an effort has been made to find her?"

You say, "That he had convinced her."

You sigh.

Tjaran says, "Forget Elendr."

Tjaran says, "We all know his words carry no meaning."

Arianiss leans against a grey altar.

Mnar gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Mnar gestures into the air.
Mnar gets a frustrated look on his face.

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Kadesha says, "Vonka went willingly, he said hed not harm her, I of course dont trust that one bit but, she cant be seen"

Tjaran asks, "Vonka? Willingly?"

Arianiss asks, "Why don't you trust them?"

You say, "He might not harm her now..."

You say, "But later, Kadesha..."

You bite your lip.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Kadesha says, "not willingly to serve but, he said he was going to show her something, she wanted a question answerd"

You furrow up your face and wince.

(Iscikella rubs her stump.)

You say, "I have to sit."

You sit down.

Kadesha says, "well I said that at the time, my worry was for her soul"

Arimantis says, "Show her somethin.."

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

Arimantis grumbles.

You move to a kneeling position.

Arianiss asks, "Have they lied to anyone yet?"

You reach out and touch a grey altar.

Kadesha says, "I called on Lorminstra when he whisked her away seeking her protection of Vonka, nothing else I can do"

Arianiss says, "She's probably off picking daisies or something."

Arianiss waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

You concentrate on the Symbol of Thought, "Focus on Lumnis, Vonka, and seek only Her guidance. Not that of Elendr. Not that of Achillea. Not that of Thulevier."

A wisp of smoke rises from a snow white beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Gradin asks, "Again, an effort has been made to find her?"

You say, "She can't be found."

Mnar says, "A token effort."

Arimantis gestures into the air.
Arimantis gets a frustrated look on his face.

You concentrate, but no picture comes to mind.

Gradin says, "How about the traditional methods."

Tjaran gives a sigh of frustration.

Kadesha says, "I believe she was taken somewhere we dont even know of"

Arianiss says, "Have fun."

Mnar says, "I personally spent 16 mana trying to find her."

Arimantis asks, "Could he have taken her to the shrine?"

Juspera begins chuckling at Mnar.

Juspera says, "A prince, you are."

Tjaran says, "We could find her at the shrine."

Gradin says, "Perhaps."

Juspera asks, "They could be in a sanctuary?"

You say, "Well, not if he unpresenced."

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Arimantis says, "Not in the other rooms.. er on the island.."

Aranrhod just arrived.

You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Arimantis ponders.

Juspera asks, "Can evil undead make sanctuaries?"

Tjaran gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tjaran gestures.
Tjaran appears to be listening intently to something.

Mnar says, "Anyway, it really doesn't matter if we find her, seeing as how he can take her anywhere whenever he wants."

Gradin asks, "Has anyone actually stepped outside of this room to find her?"

Juspera begins chuckling at Gradin.

Arianiss looks over at Gradin and shakes his head.

You slide a small gold ring off your finger.
You slide the ring on your finger.

Suddenly your surroundings shift...

[Ice Plains, Shrine]
The room is lit by dozens of torches and a marble dais is set at the end of the chamber atop a stone altar. The dais has gold and platinum inlays along the top with veins of silver twisted down the supports of the base. Several stools are arranged in rows in front of the altar, with a path large enough to walk down the center of the room to the altar. Behind the dais is a dark alcove with a lifesize statue of Amasalen, servant of Luukos. You also see a tempered rolaren arch.
Obvious paths: none.

You feel a little pulse in the ring.

You belt out, "LICH!"

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You belt out, "BRING HER BACK!"

Suddenly Aranrhod appears in the room holding onto a ring she has just placed on her finger.

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

An arctic manticore just arrived.

Aranrhod fidgets with her gold and brass ring.

An arctic manticore claws at you!
AS: +135 vs DS: +213 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +27 = -14
A clean miss.
An arctic manticore shifts around, looking indecisive.

Aranrhod says, "Careful"

You concentrate on the Minor Sanctuary spell...
You gesture.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Aranrhod blurs into a white fog and vanishes!

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.

You belt out, "LICH!"

You belt out, "BRING HER BACK!"

You put a razor-sharp rolaren falchion in your tooled-leather harness.

You can't quite manage to kick while kneeling.

You stand back up.

You stub your toe trying to kick the statue!

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You stub your toe trying to kick the statue!
You stub your toe trying to kick the statue!
You stub your toe trying to kick the statue!

(Iscikella spits at the feet of the statue.)

You slide a small gold ring off your finger.
You slide the ring on your finger.

Suddenly your surroundings shift...

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall. You also see the Zosopage disk and a snow white beeswax candle.
Also in the room: Aranrhod, Lord Zosopage, Lord Arianiss, Gradin, Juspera, Mnar, Arimantis, Lady Kymbers, Lord Tjaran
Obvious exits: southwest, up.

You feel a little pulse in the ring.

You sigh.

Tjaran gestures at Arimantis.
Arimantis appears to be listening intently to something.

Zosopage says, "unseen force on her"

The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Ilvane thinking, "Iscikella, where has he taken her?"

Arimantis glances at Aranrhod.

You say, "Not in the shrine."

Aranrhod says, "I was worried about you"

Tjaran gestures at you.
You suddenly hear the voices of nature fill your mind.

You put a gleaming eonake tower shield in your tooled-leather harness.

Aranrhod nods to you.

Aranrhod sighs.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Kadesha.

Kadesha sighs.

Tjaran says, "Try going outside and sending her a whisper."

Tjaran gestures at Kadesha.
Kadesha appears to be listening intently to something.

A snow white beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

High Lady Kadesha just went southwest.

[Temple Burrow, Koar and Lumnis]
On the edge of the glacier, you have a marvelous view of the city to the south. Your eyes follow the slightly haphazard streets around Icemule Trace until they meet the four roads and eventually the gates in the walls. Above you towers the Temple, carved from the purest ice and shining with a nearly divine aura in the moonlight. A ramp of ice leads down to the west, while an ice staircase leads down to the east and a set of carved ice steps lead down to the northwest around an oddly shaped ice flow.
Also here: High Lady Kadesha
Obvious paths: down.

High Lady Kadesha went down an ice ramp.

whisper vonka
Vonka, concentrate on Lumnis. Seek her counsel. Ye are yer own and She loves ye.
For some reason, you are unable to make your voice carry to that person.

[Temple Burrow, Koar Street]
You are on the edge of the glacier. The ground here is hard-packed ice, slippery beneath your feet, but the halflings seem not to notice as they make their way about their business. Houses have been carved from the ice, as have a few small shops. A ramp of packed, grated ice leads up and to the east, likely to the Temple. You also see a Silvermule courier.
Obvious paths: north, south, west.

whisper vonka
Concentrate on Lumnis, Vonka.
For some reason, you are unable to make your voice carry to that person.

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall. You also see the Zosopage disk and a snow white beeswax candle.
Also in the room: High Lady Kadesha, Aranrhod, Lord Zosopage, Lord Arianiss, Gradin, Juspera, Mnar, Arimantis, Lady Kymbers, Lord Tjaran
Obvious exits: southwest, up.

You shake your head.

Arianiss chuckles.

Juspera begins chuckling at Arimantis.

Zosopage smiles at Kadesha.

You say, "Can't get through."

Gradin says, "I will believe Vonka is in no harm when I can see her, alive, in front of me."

You furrow up your face and wince.

Arimantis nods to Gradin.

(Iscikella rubs her leg)

Zosopage rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You concentrate on the Symbol of Thought, "We don't know."

Arianiss asks, "What reason do we have to not trust a lich? Have they lied to us yet?"

A bit of melted wax drips from a snow white beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Mnar says, "Honestly, even if she were right here, alive, in front of us, she'd still be in danger."

Arianiss says, "Well, lied to you I should say.."

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

Ilvane paces back and forth.

Gradin asks, "What reason do we have to trust them at all?"

Juspera says, "That's true."

Zosopage just hugged Ilvane.

Gradin nods to Zosopage.

Ilvane just hugged Zosopage.

Kadesha squints at Arianiss.

Zosopage grins at Ilvane.

Tjaran says, "Ilvane...I am surprised to see you awake..."

You say, "I don't trust them."

Tjaran just hugged Ilvane.

You say, "Especially not Glibber."

You think to yourself, "Who allows the others now to use her toy, it would seem..."

Ilvane waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Zosopage smiles.

Lord Zosopage just went southwest.

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. lied hasen't been proven.. but I tend not ta believe things that kill me an drain my spirit"

Gradin says, "We have little reason to believe one way or the other, but tis best to err on the side of caution."

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the nose.

Ilvane says, "I am a Ronanite, sleep happens."

Ilvane grins at Tjaran.
Arimantis grins at Ilvane.

You kneel down.

Arianiss asks, "A forest viper kills you too, but has it ever lied to you?"

You reach out and touch a grey altar.

Arianiss grins at Arimantis.

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Arimantis asks, "Good sleep sweetie?"

Ilvane nods to Arimantis.

Arimantis glances at Arianiss.

You sigh softly.

Arimantis says, "Who told you bout that.."

Arianiss says, "Don't call me sweetie."

Arianiss gives Arimantis a little prod between the shoulder blades.

Arimantis grumbles.

Juspera says, "I'd be concerned if you said one even talked to you, let alone lied."

Ilvane begins chuckling at Arianiss.

Tjaran grumbles.

Arimantis clasps Ilvane's hand tenderly.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

Gradin squints.

Aranrhod shakes her head.

Aranrhod sighs.

Gradin mutters under his breath.

Kadesha sighs.

Gradin seems to lose some internal strength.

Arimantis chuckles.

Tjaran says, "I do not think Thulevier will harm her"

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures into the air.
Arimantis gets a frustrated look on his face.

You think to yourself, "Why should he? He can have Elendr do it and cluck his tongue instead. Or perhaps even me..."

You shudder

Ilvane asks, "You don't?"

Gradin kneels down.

You say, "Harm is relative, Tjaran."

You think to yourself, "If they "share" possessed amongst themselves..."

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Arimantis says, "His definition of harm, may be relative"

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Juspera begins chuckling at Mnar.

Arimantis nods to you.

Kadesha says, "I am worried more about words and promises right now"

Tjaran says, "Indeed."

Gradin just touched a black altar.

Gradin closes his eyes for a moment.

Kymbers just hugged Tjaran.

Ilvane says, "He is a pretty nasty type."

Gradin continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.

You say, "If he bewilders her, confuses her, gets her to submit, then he has harmed her."

Arianiss says, "I think Thulevier is going to torture her before draining her spirit and dismembering her body."

You say, "Without touching her physically."

Arianiss says, "Er, we're supposed to be thinking happy thoughts.."

Tjaran says, "He may cause mental or emotional "damage" as it were"

Ilvane nods to you.

Kymbers says, "g'night folks"

Arianiss clasps his hand over his mouth.

Aranrhod squints at Arianiss.

Ilvane waves to Kymbers.
Juspera waves.
Kymbers waves.

Kymbers smiles.

Arimantis waves to Kymbers.

Ilvane just hugged Kymbers.
Kymbers just hugged Ilvane.

Gradin stands up.

Tjaran just hugged Kymbers.

Kymbers just kissed Tjaran.

You say, "That is what he wants to cause this night, Tjaran."

You think to yourself, "Mass confusion..."

Lady Kymbers just went southwest.

Arimantis says, "May Ronan guide yer dreams"

Ilvane paces back and forth.

Tjaran nods.

You say, "he wants her to submit."

The beeswax candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Mnar says, "Question."

You say, "he will be on his best behavior."

High Lady Kadesha just went southwest.

Arianiss says, "The answer is sometimes in the fall."

Ilvane says, "They want everyone to submit."

You cock your head at Mnar.

Ilvane nods to you.

Mnar asks, "Are there members of the populous here who openly sympathize with the liches?"

Aranrhod nods to Mnar.

Tjaran says, "Achillea."

You ask, "Here in this room?"

Juspera winces.

Ilvane grins.

You ask, "Or ye mean generally?"

Arianiss says, "I suppose I do, they haven't really done much to aggravate me."

Mnar says, "Well, in town."

You say, "In town, yes."

Ilvane says, "I felt sorry for them until they turned me to stone..then it was all downhill from there."

Mnar says, "Because I'm guessing that's cutting down on overall morale and willingness to fight them."

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Ilvane mumbles something that you don't quite catch.

Juspera says, "And anyway they are just annoying."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Juspera asks, "Aren't they?"

Mnar says, "That too."

Ilvane nods to Juspera.

Juspera says, "Well we should do something."

Gradin slowly empties his lungs.

Gradin glances at Tjaran.

Gradin just went southwest.

Mnar rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Arianiss says, "I hardly ever see them. They aren't all that annoying."

You say, "Ye can't tell people what to think tough."

Arimantis says, "I hate jus standin here waitin"

Arimantis grumbles.

You say, "Though."

You mutter something inaudible.

Mnar asks, "Why not?"

Ilvane nods to Arimantis.

You say, "It never works, Mnar."

High Lady Kadesha just arrived.

You say, "Sort of what started this in the first place."

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Mnar says, "Let's not say that until we've tried, at least."

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You say, "The Council telling the town what they should think."

Ilvane asks, "Can we at least look for her?"

Mnar says, "Five days, that's all it would take."

Arianiss looks over at Ilvane and shakes his head.

You say, "I checked the shrine, Ilvane."

Juspera says, "But I think it would clean up the town nicely if we sort of, you know, sought out the sympathizers."

Ilvane says, "Standing here is certainly not doing her any more good."

Juspera idly scratches herself on the neck.

You say, "Not there."

Mnar says, "Five days to root out the sympathizers, to purge this town."

Arimantis says, "I think he has her in one them voids"

Tjaran nods to Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "More time for him to hurt her."

Ilvane flails her arms about.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Juspera says, "Purge is such a strong word."

You ask, "Root them out how? Purge them out?"

Tjaran says, "I do not think Thulevier wants her to be found."

Arianiss asks, "Five days?"

Arianiss peers quizzically at Mnar.

Juspera says, "More like, make it safer for everyone."

Arimantis nods to Tjaran.

Mnar says, "If that."

Tjaran says, "He probably did not put her in plain sight."

Arianiss says, "Oh.. ahh."

Mnar takes a drink from his blackberry brandy.

Aranrhod says, "He was very emphatic about no one coming with her"

Arianiss asks, "Go after the innocents eh?"

You say, "Ye cannot tell people what to think, even if ye know what they think is hurtful."

Mnar says, "Nail them to the city walls, one by one, in a nice little line."

Ilvane flails her arms about.

Arimantis says, "Course he was.."

Arimantis grumbles.

Lady Ilvane just went southwest.

Arianiss nods.

Mnar asks, "Are they really innocent, Ari?"

Aranrhod nods to Arimantis.

Juspera says, "Well, innocence is a subjective matter."

You hear Ilvane yell, "Thulevier, where are you? Vonka!!"

Arianiss asks, "Well, I know I'm not.. but maybe there are those that don't really know what's going on?"

A snow white beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Juspera says, "I say, ignorance of what the liches are is no excuse."

You belt out, "Lich?"

You tilt your head up.

Mnar says, "Well, by all means, they should have the opportunity to convert."

Arianiss says, "Except for the moment they came out of the tomb.. I haven't seen hide nor bone of them."

Juspera says, "Oh, good idea."

Arianiss says, "They really aren't disrupting my life at all."

Aranrhod says, "Hides are falling off"

High Lord Shonison just arrived.

Aranrhod nods to Arianiss.

Aranrhod gives Arianiss a firm punch and backs away from him.

Mnar says, "Perhaps, but they're trying to destroy your town."

Juspera says, "Ignorance is still no excuse for sympathizing with someone. You should take the time to find out if you don't know."

Aranrhod pokes Arianiss in the ribs.

Juspera nods.

Arimantis blurs into a white fog and vanishes!

Arianiss asks, "That's a bad thing?"

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You glance at Arianiss.

Mnar says, "If you can't agree that this town being destroyed is a bad thing, then you're probably a part of the problem."

You gaze thoughtfully at the north wall.

Arianiss says, "When did I ever change my stance on the town itself? My stance is always changing with the people."

Arianiss makes a rude suggestion, and you give him a firm punch.

Juspera says, "This town is just so reluctant to take any real strident measures here."

Mnar says, "Fortunately, every problem has a solution. In this case, two nails and a hammer."

High Lord Shonison just went southwest.

Mnar nods to Juspera.

Juspera says, "Tough times require tough measures."

Mnar says, "If this town had a real mayor, this crisis would be over with."

Tjaran says, "Blast...I can no longer send Vonka a whisper."

You say, "Right now I think have to focus on Vonka."

A snow white beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

Kadesha says, "wasnt able to before"

You whisper quietly to Tjaran, "I couldn't do it at all."

You whisper quietly to Tjaran, "Were ye able to before?"

Tjaran nods to you.

Tjaran says, "Natures touch allowed me to."

Juspera asks, "You know, it wouldn't be so bad to just round up the sympathizers and hold them in jail till it was all over, would it?"

Mnar says, "Someone to declare martial law, to get the wavering populous in line."

You say, "I couldn't do it from outside though, Tjaran."

Juspera says, "Really, it would be for their own good."

Juspera says, "No one could attack them there."

Tjaran blinks.

Arianiss says, "For their own good."

Mnar shrugs.

The glow from a snow white beeswax candle softly illuminates the room.

Juspera says, "For everyone's good."

Mnar says, "For all our good."

Tjaran says, "Thulevier probably shut her out after mine got through."

Arianiss says, "You're becoming Dhe'nar Juspera."

Juspera nods.

Juspera makes a choking sound.

Juspera coughs.

Aranrhod grins.

Mnar says, "The Dhe'nar have no monopoly on common sense, Ari."

Juspera says, "Let's not be silly."

Mnar says, "If she is becoming more practical... well, that's very good too."

Juspera says, "We outnumber them, we should do something about it now, lest things change."

Arianiss asks, "So, how do you determine who's a sympathizer and who isn't?"

Arianiss says, "Ask me if I'm a sympathizer."

You say, "ye can't."

Mnar says, "If they're silly enough to admit to being a sympathizer..."

A small draft catches the flame of a snow white beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

Juspera says, "You go door to door asking people if they know any sympathizers."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Arimantis.

Mnar says, "That nets a nice number right there. Then you start observing."

High Lord Shonison just arrived.

You ask, "And, if ye did that, don't think would lie?"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

You cock your head at Juspera.

Lord Zosopage just arrived.

Mnar asks, "Do any offer vocal support for the liches?"

You ask, "Rather simplistic, don't ye think?"

Aranrhod says, "Yes"

Juspera says, "Well, some would lie, but overall it would be worth it."

Arianiss asks, "What if the lines blur and you make a gut reaction? What about the second time you do that, what happens when the blurred line gets thicker?"

Aranrhod nods to Mnar.

Mnar asks, "Do any consort with the liches, seek to bargain with them?"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Juspera whines.

You say, "I don't believe witch hunts will solve the situation."

Juspera exclaims, "You people!"

Aranrhod says, "Yes"

Aranrhod nods to Mnar.

Zosopage says, "I checked underground and the cemetary"

Zosopage smiles.

Juspera exclaims, "You're just so... afraid to do anything!"

Arianiss smiles quietly to himself.

Juspera folds her arms over her chest.

Shonison nods.

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Arimantis says, "I jus checked the island"

Mnar says, "Let's not say that until we've tried, Isci... and to call them witch hunts is inaccurate."

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

Ilvane mumbles something that you don't quite catch.

You say, "It is a witch hunt."



Button Link to Temples & Caverns (contd)