She Watches...
Restday, day 24 through Tilamaires, day 26
of the month Eoantos in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Editorial comment by Iscikella is set in italic type. Actual log entries are set in plain type.
***END NOTE***

Restday, day 24 of the month Eoantos in the year 5102...

Gavrail, the lich magess, watches via BLUE LIGHT...

[Hall of the Mind]
The two halves of this room have been covered--ceiling, walls, and floor--with black granite and grey marble. Meeting seamlessly in the middle, the two kinds of stone have been carved into gently sloping, crenulated curves. Set against the backdrop of a bas-relief carving in the grey northern wall is an altar of misty white vaalin, while an altar of snowflake obsidian lies at the foot of the granite southern wall.
Also here: Niasan, Alyxandrah, Lord Tjaran
Obvious exits: south, up

A blue light flickers briefly over Niasan's head.

You blink at Niasan.

Niasan scowls.

You say, "Uh, Niasan..."

Niasan says, "Not again.."

Niasan gazes heavenward.

Tilamaires, day 26 of the month Eoantos in the year 5102...

She watches via THE OLD HALFLING...

[Magical Burrow, Banshee Lane]
Small magical shops offering cure-all potions line the street. Peddlers walk by trying to sell their wares and to convince travellers that they are effective. You also see an old halfling.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, northwest

You belt out, "Gavrail! Show yerself!"

The old halfling smiles and says, "Nice weather today, eh?"

Alyxandrah just arrived.

Alyxandrah nods to you.

You say, "Very strange."

Alyxandrah softly asks, "Which part exactly?"

Alyxandrah grins at you.

The old halfling fumbles around in a small package, triumphantly producing some pastry crumbs that he scatters for the birds.

You say, "Though, with Gavrail, nothing is."

Alyxandrah chuckles.

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah softly says, "This is the second wave, I believe."

The old halfling smiles in your direction, looking a bit hopeful.

Alyxandrah softly says, "The wolves must like this part of town."

You say, "Or maybe something draws them here."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah softly asks, "The statue perhaps? Or something else?"

The old halfling smiles and says, "Nice weather today, eh?"

You say, "Perhaps the statue, aye."

You say, "Or maybe, the mana flows."

Alyxandrah softly says, "Hmmm."

The old halfling slowly walks among you, quietly asking for spare change.

You say, "I remember that wizard guildmaster, Telchor, saying the flows were strong here."

You say, "In this quadrant of town."

Alyxandrah nods.

You say, "But that were a bit... odd."

The old halfling slowly walks among you, quietly asking for spare change.

You say, "They built the wizards' guild in this quadrant anyhow."

You say, "So..."

You ponder.

You ask, "The nexus?"

Alyxandrah softly exclaims, "As well as the sorcerer's guild!"

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah softly says, "Aye, well...that makes sense."

The old halfling smiles and says, "Nice weather today, eh?"

You belt out, "Gavrail, that is why yer pets congregate here isn't it? The nexus."

You say, "Maybe I'll get her angry enough to show her ugly face so I can spit in it."

The old halfling pulls his cloak closer and mumbles something about finding some shelter from the elements.

Alyxandrah laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

You whistle tunelessly to yourself, remembering days past.

You say, "Well, always hope, ye know."

You wink at Alyxandrah.

An old halfling hobbles northeast.

Alyxandrah softly says, "She doesn't like showing her face when I'm near."

You ask, "Well, wouldn't ye hide that face if ye had it?"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Alyxandrah laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Alyxandrah softly says, "Aye, I would."

You say, "I mean really..."

You gag.

Alyxandrah starts chuckling at you!

You say, "Hmmm..."

You ponder.

You ask, "Think her pets have decided to find their den?"

You wink.

An old halfing walks by, spitting a great glob of green phlegm on the ground at Iscikella's feet.

Alyxandrah softly says, "I wonder how many waves she has in store for us tonight."

Alyxandrah blinks.

You blink.

Alyxandrah softly says, "That is...so rude."

You say, "Why that..."

Alyxandrah softly says, "And disgusting."

Alyxandrah cringes.

You put a razor-sharp rolaren falchion in your tooled-leather harness.

You mutter something inaudible.

You remove a delicate silk lilac-scented handkerchief from in your spidersilk skirt.

(Iscikella wipes her face with the handkerchief, making sure to get any phlegm that sprayed.)

(Iscikella glances into the handkerchief.)

You grimace.

You say, "That is just too..."

You gag.


***About a quarter-hour later***

[Magical Burrow, Sorcerers Way]
A small sign proclaims in bright letters that this is the home of Wurt the Amulet Maker. A small gravel pathway leads through a wrought-iron gate to the tall double doors of the house. The windows of the house are shuttered, but periodically a burst of light shines through their wooden slats and illuminates the entire street. You also see an old halfling.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
Alyxandrah followed.

You ask, "Hey, old fella, why ye spit at me?"

You stare at an old halfling.

The old halfling fumbles around in a small package, triumphantly producing some pastry crumbs that he scatters for the birds.

You mutter something about as-if-I-didnt-know....

You cock your head at an old halfling.

Alyxandrah softly says, "Answers would be nice..."

You say, "Ye shouldn't let lichesses inside yer body, old fella."

You say, "They are bad karma."

You nod to the old halfling.

Alyxandrah chuckles.

Alyxandrah softly says, "Truly unhealthy too. That's probably why your phlegm was green."

Alyxandrah nods to the old halfling.

The old halfling looks up at you and clears his throat.

Alyxandrah softly says, "Oh, not again."

You glare.

Alyxandrah clasps her hand over her mouth.

An old halfling hobbles north.

Tilamaires, day 26 of the month Eoantos in the year 5102...

She watches via THE ODD GHOST WOLF...

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a reinforced shield, some ambrominas leaf, some basal moss, a Drunken Dwarf tart, a small snow lily bouquet, a copper lockpick, a steel lockpick, a polished earring, some aloeas stem, some woth flower, some woth flower, a carved ice bench with some stuff on it and a painted felt ger.
Also here: Neava, Cravis, Sweetjewel, Zademus, Vonalin, Cristine who is lying down, Rendena, Reyek who is kneeling, Starrak who is lying down
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
Alyxandrah followed.

A ghost wolf slinks out from behind the ice bench and lopes east.

Alyxandrah glances at a carved ice bench.

Cravis ponders.

Cravis points at a carved ice bench.

Cravis points east.

Alyxandrah softly asks, "It went there?"

Cravis says, "It run away."


***About a quarter-hour later***

[Magical Burrow, Wraith Road]
The weird way that the roads twist and turn, compounded by a thick fog, make keeping your bearings straight difficult. The fog near the ground is so thick that you can feel the road, but you can't see it.
Also here: Alyxandrah
Obvious paths: north, southeast, south, southwest

A great howl arises from the north.

You blink.
Alyxandrah blinks.

You ask, "Ye hear that?"

Alyxandrah asks, "Did you hear that?"

You nod.

Alyxandrah says, "Yes, I did."

Alyxandrah asks, "Wolves?"

[Magical Burrow, Wraith Road]
Wrought-iron fences and a dense fog seem to be everywhere. The fog is low to the ground and swirls in a chilling caress around you, even when you stand still. The fog is probably just from the nearby glacier--at least, that is what you keep telling yourself. You also see a tall wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Alyxandrah
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast

A ghost wolf lopes by, heading toward the west gate.

Alyxandrah blinks.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Alyxandrah softly says, "That wolf...it might be the same one they saw in TC."

[Icemule Trace, Secluded Path]
The path here is a bit more visible and the wind in the area is calmer than you've encountered thus far. In the distance to the west you see some foothills rising off the horizon.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
Alyxandrah followed.

You say, "Well, I don't see it out here."

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
The cobblestone road ends at the large western gate here. Through the gate you see vast plains of grass about as tall as a halfling, with very few trees for cover. You also see the Scaxton disk and an old beer barrel.
Also here: Damsall, Scaxton
Obvious paths: north, east, south
Alyxandrah followed.

Scaxton gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You ask, "Did ye see a wolf come by here?"

Scaxton shakes his head.

A ghost wolf scampers in.

Scaxton nods.

You blink.

Scaxton deeply says, "yeah"

Alyxandrah chuckles.

A ghost wolf tries to bite Scaxton!
AS: +100 vs DS: +368 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +7 = -237
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

Damsall points at a ghost wolf.

Scaxton deeply says, "I did"

Scaxton points at a ghost wolf.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +439 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +79 = -228
A clean miss.
The wolf scampers east.

You say, "This wolf is a bit... odd."

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
On the north side of the cobblestone road everything seems quiet, almost too quiet. To the south, you can hear the rowdy shouts of people in the taverns and the gaming hall. You also see a ghost wolf.
Obvious paths: east, west
Alyxandrah followed.

A ghost wolf tries to bite you!
AS: +100 vs DS: +439 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +59 = -248
A clean miss.
A ghost wolf drools with ravenous hunger!

You trace a sign while beseeching the spirits to empower you with the Bind spell...
You gesture at a ghost wolf.
CS: +361 - TD: +33 + CvA: +25 + d100: +89 == +442
Warding failed!
A ghost wolf suddenly stops all movement.

You squint at a ghost wolf.

A transparent, flickering, light grey canine, the ghost wolf is the captured spirit of a member of the wolf packs that used to roam this area. The ghost wolf uses its snapping jaws and rending claws to best advantage. As it did in life, the ghost wolf prefers to hunt with other members of its species, carefully watching its prey through bright yellow eyes, darting in to bite, then rushing away while another ghost wolf attacks from the rear.

Alyxandrah leans on her falchion.

You say, "Looks like the others..."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

The wolf rolls its eyes about helplessly, unable to move.

Alyxandrah gazes up into the heavens.

You ask, "Ye see anything odd, Alyx?"

You ponder the meaning of a ghost wolf.

Alyxandrah softly says, "No. I wish I did though."

Alyxandrah mutters under her breath.

The wolf rolls its eyes about helplessly, unable to move.

Alyxandrah softly says, "I hate the idea of that sneaky little wolf walking about town."

Alyxandrah softly says, "Leading us on a silly chase."

Alyxandrah glowers.


***About a quarter-hour later***

[Magical Burrow, Banshee Lane]
Low-eaved houses line the streets and halflings bustle in and out of them. Despite the chill in the air, a small group of halfling children play nearby, running around and giggling continuously. You also see an old halfling and a dark and narrow alley.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, south, southwest, northwest
Alyxandrah followed.

You stare at an old halfling.

Lord Tjaran just arrived.

Alyxandrah glances at a dark and narrow alley.

Alyxandrah squints at an old halfling.

An old halfling hobbles southeast.

You ask, "Should we follow him?"

You ask, "Or check the statue?"

You cock your head at Alyxandrah.

Tjaran serenely says, "I was just at the statue."

Alyxandrah softly asks, "Quiet?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Tjaran.

Tjaran nods.

Tjaran serenely says, "Like the temple at night."

Alyxandrah softly asks, "Hmm, did you see a wolf slinking about?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Tjaran.

You say, "There is a ghost wolf, that is different."

Tjaran serenely says, "No, I think I would have remembered that."

You say, "Only we can't tell ye what it looks like."

Tjaran serenely says, "Especially a ghost wolf."

You say, "Cause we can't catch it."

You say, "Lets just check the statue once more."

You say, "May as well."

Tjaran serenely asks, "Chasing around a rogue wolf?"

Alyxandrah nods to you.

An unusual ghost wolf slinks past you, keeping well out of your way.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Tjaran.

Alyxandrah softly exclaims, "There!"

Alyxandrah softly asks, "Did you see it?"

You nod.

You exclaim, "I did!"

Tjaran serenely says, "I caught a glimpse"

Tjaran serenely says, "I did not see where it went."

You ask, "But where the heck did it go?"

Alyxandrah sighs.



Button Link to Thurfel Main