Rift Noises
Volnes, day 29 of the month Olaesta in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
This log is actually the combination of two separate logs from two players, one from Iscikella's player and one from Elendr's player. It should be noted, therefore, that in this log the "you" references refer to any of these two characters, as noted in the initial reference.
***END NOTE***

This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

[White Owl Table]
A snowy white linen tablecloth blankets the table. Three cut-crystal votives shimmer at the center of the table, casting a flickering, icy gleam. Silvery lace ribbons are strewn casually across the table, as though left-over from a party.
Also in the room: Lady Ilvane who is seated, Xanthias, Arimantis who is seated, Blardo who is seated, Lord Selfane, Ethgard who is seated, Victorialyn who is seated, Elendr who is seated
Obvious exits: out.

Elendr sighs softly.

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, "Ye allright?"

You cock your head at Arimantis.

Ilvane hugs you.

You smile at Ilvane.

Arimantis whispers, "just listenin to his story.."

You kiss Ilvane on the cheek.

Elendr says, "That pretty much brings us up to our present, though I'm leaving out quite a bit."

Ethgard nods.

Arimantis whispers, "Smells like that horrid perfume in here"

You blink at Arimantis.

Elendr says, "This has been going on for many years... though Iscikella here..."

Elendr points at you.

You glance at Elendr.

Ilvane says, "The thing is, the story would take a few moons to tell in it's entirety."

Elendr says, "Could tell you much more about the intricacies, as I'm relatively speaking a rather recent addition to the madness."

Ilvane grins slowly.

Elendr nods to Ilvane.

Blardo asks, "Do you meet here regularly?"

Selfane says, "and he lacks the knowledge to do so properly, it seems"

Selfane nods to Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "And we don't have enough ale in the pub to get through it."

Ilvane grins at Selfane.

You say, "Evening, Selfane."

Victorialyn raises her hand.

You say, "Didn't see ye sitting there."

Arimantis says, "Specially in this pub.."

Selfane nods to you.

Arimantis coughs.

Selfane says, "standing."

Elendr says, "Selfane, this is not a meeting called in which to attack. It is meant to inform. That is all."

You say, "That's why didn't see ye."

Selfane says, "I didn't attack you, you said so yourself."

Ilvane blinks at Selfane.

You smile at Selfane.

Ilvane asks, "Do I know you?"

Ilvane scratches her head.

Arimantis gazes heavenward.

Elendr nods to Selfane.

Selfane says, "do not know much of the intricacies as you"

Selfane says, "you get the idea."

Xanthias rolls his eyes.

Selfane says, "perhaps, if you've been around for a long while."

Selfane nods to Ilvane.

Elendr says, "In a slightly different manner... sorry, I'm rather edgy after Skyfawn in the last group."

Elendr chuckles.

Ilvane says, "I don't think I've met you before."

Ilvane smiles.

Ilvane scoots her chair back and stands up.

Arimantis says, "Thems were the basics.. enough ta get the point"

Ilvane says, "I'm Ilvane."

Elendr nods to Arimantis.

Ilvane curtsies to Selfane.

Elendr says, "Thank you."

Selfane nods to Ilvane.

Ilvane pulls out a chair and plops herself down at the table.

Victorialyn asks, "May I ask something?"

Ilvane says, "And I hear you are Selfane."

Victorialyn raises her hand.

Ilvane grins.

Selfane says, "that is so."

Ilvane nods.

Ilvane smiles at Victorialyn.

Selfane raises an eyebrow in Elendr's direction.

Blardo asks, "So what is Thurfel doing now? And what happened to the nine?"

Elendr says, "As I said... common belief now is that Thurfel has come back to help the town of Icemule trace and turn it into a center of power. You see... the town of Icemule is a nexus for magic, and he hopes to build a wizard's guild here."

Elendr nods to Victorialyn.

Elendr says, "You may ask."

Victorialyn says, "Well over a month ago, Wudy and I were training up someone knew to the lands"

You say, "The nine are out of the tomb and wandering about in ugly and powerful lich bodies."

You say, "That's where the nine are."

Ilvane pokes Arimantis in the ribs.

Victorialyn says, "we were interrupted told that this person was sent of Thurfel and we should turn him over"

Victorialyn says, "I had no clue what he was going on about"

Elendr blinks.

Elendr peers quizzically at Victorialyn.

Victorialyn says, "he followed us, interrupted us and was a pest"

Elendr asks, "Who do you speak of?"

Victorialyn says, "The young person was Mollokk"

Victorialyn shrugs.

Arimantis ponders.

Victorialyn says, "haven't seen the pest of Mollokk for a long time now"

You say, "Can't say ever heard the name."

Victorialyn waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Selfane says, "nor have I, not that it means much anymore."

Victorialyn says, "was glad to see them both gone"

You smile at Selfane.

Ilvane grins.

Elendr rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane looks thoughtfully at Selfane.

Victorialyn says, "I can tell you this"

Victorialyn asks, "the pest?"

Ilvane turns an inquisitive ear towards Victorialyn.

Victorialyn says, "he was murdered at the pawn shop"

Victorialyn says, "right in front of me and Wudy"

Ilvane frowns at Victorialyn.

Blardo asks, "By who?"

You say, "Likely was a bit too much of a pest then."

Ethgard asks, "by who?"

You blink at Victorialyn.

Victorialyn says, "The murdered was arrested in front of us too"

Victorialyn says, "I did not catch the name"

Selfane says, "probably just some annoying person who got what was coming to them"

Victorialyn says, "it happened so fast and seemed to have nothing to do with us"

Elendr looks thoughtfully at Victorialyn.

Ilvane says, "The town seems to breed pests, at times."

Ilvane grins.

Victorialyn says, "anyway.. that was the only time I have ever heard that name before"

Ethgard chuckles.

You say, "Happens more often in certain seasons too."

You nod to Ilvane.

Elendr chuckles.

Ilvane giggles.

Arimantis says, "Don believe I ever ran cross him.."

Selfane says, "I have a few questions I've thought up as well Elendr."

Elendr nods to Selfane.

Elendr says, "Of course."

Selfane asks, "When you said history painted them (the council of ten) as a troublemaking group, exactly what do you mean by troublemaking?"

Elendr says, "Well..."

Elendr says, "The icemule temple was originally only meant for the liabo Gods, the light Gods. The council was outraged by this and felt that there should be a balance struck."

Ilvane says, "The sad thing is they didn't need to be troublemakers..the should have just been reasonable, rather than trying to take over."

Elendr says, "This seemed to the town reasonable enough, so they built the other half. However... later, a serpant like man came to town... and attempted to take control. The council defended this man."

Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Selfane asks, "does this serpant like man have a name?"

Ilvane says, "Merely blinded by power."

Elendr says, "People have pondered whether or not it might have been Luukos or Amasalen."

Ilvane nods to Elendr.

Elendr says, "I don't think anyone's certain, though I could be wrong."

Selfane asks, "Why exactly would you say, in your own words, that the Council is evil since you openly agree to such?"

Arimantis says, "What ever name he gave at the time.. I belive has been lost ta memory"

Elendr says, "A very good question."

Ethgard nods to Victorialyn.

Victorialyn scoots her chair back and stands up.

Elendr says, "I agree that they are evil, because it is their nature brought on by that which plagues them. They go around and kill, it is what they know how to do because they are scared...."

Victorialyn says, "We will go now and try to learn more"

Ethgard scoots his chair back and stands up.

Victorialyn just tried to pull Ethgard towards her!

Ilvane smiles.

Elendr says, "I openly agree to this because I believe that they are the lesser of two evils."

Victorialyn curtsies.

You glance at Elendr.

Ethgard says, "thank you all'"

Victorialyn's group just went out.

Ilvane says, "I don't think they were evil starting out..they had good intentions."

Selfane asks, "so you believe then that it is the fact that they kill people that make them evil?"

Elendr shrugs.

Ilvane says, "It was the lust for power that got them."

Elendr says, "Not at all Selfane."

Ilvane says, "But then again..what do I know."

Ilvane gazes heavenward.

Selfane asks, "so then what is it they do that is evil, why would you say they are evil?"

Elendr says, "People in the past have labeled liches as evil because they are of the undead... so I'm simply trying to make things more cut and dry. I will tell you that I don't believe in their methods of trying to invoke fear in the populace."

Elendr says, "But I also know that I have to do what I have to do... regardless. I may save lives, I may not."

Ilvane asks, "Is there little doubt that they are evil now?"

Blardo asks, "Why would they follow the darker gods lest the themselves be evil?"

Ilvane grins.

Blardo peers quizzically at Selfane.

Selfane asks, "So then you don't believe their actions are evil, you basically claim they are evil to appease the populous?"

Xanthias nods to Blardo.

Elendr blinks.

Ilvane grins at Selfane.

Selfane says, "I'm not sure Blardo, that's what I'm trying to discover."

Blardo chuckles.

Elendr says, "I don't think I said that. I said their actions are rather horrifying. I don't agree with killing people simply to kill them."

Selfane says, "I want to know what it is they've done that is so evil, I suppose."

Elendr says, "But they do have their reasons, as ... different to most of us as they might seem."

Selfane asks, "so then it is killing people that is evil?"

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. perhaps it be thier love of torturin peoples, an thier desire ta see us all dead cause they want to take over Mule's power nexus.."

Elendr blinks at Arimantis.

Ilvane grins.

Elendr says, "To my belief..."

You whisper quietly to Selfane, "Well, I kind of think them possessing unwilling victims and sucking their spirit is evil, like they have with the possessed."

Blardo whispers, "Do you all meet here regularly?"

Elendr says, "And I will tell you that it is only my perspective from what I have been told..."

Ilvane removes a moonstone-set deep black volume from in her black silk cloak.
Ilvane carefully opens a moonstone-set deep black volume.

Elendr says, "That they will not go for the power in the nexus... they will not go beyond Icemule, whereas Thurfel will."

Selfane says, "It doesn't matter to me wheither they are good or evil, I only desire to understand why Elendr believes they are evil."

Ilvane squints at a moonstone-set deep black volume.
Ilvane turns the page in her deep black volume.

Selfane shrugs.

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "No. This meeting has nothing to do with me. I disagree with Elendr entirely. The nine are terribly evil, possessing people against their will. I side with Thurfel."

Elendr says, "I believe they are evil because they often try to hurt the one I love."

Elendr chuckles.

Selfane asks, "so they are evil because they hurt people?"

Elendr says, "Though they're getting much better about that."

Ilvane asks, "What about what they do to you?"

You glance at Elendr.

Ilvane blinks at Elendr.

Arimantis asks, "Hmm.. so.. when they say..'This will be our town after we turn you to ashes', they are meanin somthing otherwise that Im not catchin?"

Ilvane asks, "When they hurt you?"

Blardo nods to you.

Selfane whispers, "of course I just want him to share what it is about them he thinks is evil, since he himself would almost have to agree with everything they do"

Elendr says, "Please, can you people calm down? I can only answer one question at once."

Elendr sighs.

Xanthias asks, "vouldn't you say zat posession of ze bodies of ozers against zeir vills for ze purposes of escaping your prison is razer efil?"

Ilvane says, "Specially when you get that look in your eyes."

Arimantis leans back in his chair, balancing himself on two legs for a few moments, then sets the chair back down on all four legs.

You whisper quietly to Xanthias, "Aye, that's the crux of the matter."

Blardo asks, "Who all was possesed?"

Xanthias whispers, "it is a mystery to my vhy zere is efen any doubt."

Elendr says, "Arimantis... it is their way because they are scared and cornered. What will be a cornered creature do when it is frightened and scared? It will fight, whether it normally does or not. It will kill."

Selfane asks, "Who is cornering them?"

Elendr says, "Thurfel mostly."

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Elendr says, "Lately, the town populace."

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "Eight now. Myself, Vonka, Atoyoz, Opalina, Arliquin, Elendr, Xeldria and Tianni. Was nine but Blizzerdd is now freed because of what Thurfel has done."

Selfane says, "the town populace are nothing to these liches"

Selfane says, "as far as I've seen they could easily dispatch the town if they so desired"

Elendr asks, "They are more than you think. Why do you think each side is trying to win them over so hard?"

Elendr peers quizzically at Selfane.

Selfane asks, "each side?"

Xanthias shifts his weight.

Elendr says, "Each side. Thurfel's and the nine's."

Arimantis says, "Din they began posessin peoples, not the other way round? Cornedered perhaps.. but fer thier own actions, jus as before"

You say, "I only know I intend to be free."

Blardo whispers, "Are you still possessed, or are you freed?"

Blardo smiles at you.

Selfane asks, "then Thurfel is trying to get the nine to help him?"

Elendr says, "No. Thurfel is trying to get the town to help him, and he's succeeding."

Blardo whispers, "Or do they only use you when they have need?"

Elendr says, "Because he's been very nice of late. To my point of view, it is a deception."

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "I am still possessed, but the possession is not constant because the liches have to rest alot. It uses much of their energy when they use the body or voice of a possessed."

Selfane says, "ahh the towns people not the liches"

Blardo nods to you.

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "When they have a need, aye."

Selfane says, "What is this nexus"

Blardo whispers, "Do they make you hurt people when they possess you?"

Elendr says, "Icemule is a nexus for magic. I'm not entirely certain as to all the ramifications by that statement."

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "Yes. Most definitely. And they hurt us too when we fight them. Elendr has given in. No other has."

Ilvane leans back in her chair, balancing herself on two legs for a few moments, then sets the chair back down on all four legs.

Selfane says, "so you don't know the extent of the power"

Elendr says, "Meaning whoever could extract it, could become powerful indeed."

Ilvane says, "Magic is overrated."

Ilvane waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Elendr says, "No. I don't. Not sure anyone does."

You say, "I don't think anyone does, Selfane."

You say, "Except that the nexus is powerful."

Xanthias begins chuckling at Ilvane.

Selfane says, "I can think of ten people who might."

Ilvane breaks out in a silly grin.

Ilvane gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Elendr nods.

Arimantis asks, "Elendr.. I always said I wanted ta hear what you thought ta be truth.. but as long as the lichs are gonna contiune torturin peoples, why should I believe they are anythin but pure evil?"

Elendr says, "They might."

Blardo whispers, "Is there anything that can be done to help you?"

Selfane asks, "why do they not speak with us themselves?"

From the direction of Elendr a low, raspy voice is heard, "What Thurfel says is always deception, you may count on it."

Arimantis glances at Elendr.

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. right.."

Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Elendr says, "I'm not contesting that Arimantis. Their methods are very extreme... but what I'm trying to get everyone to get out of this meeting...."

Arimantis says, "So ya say.."

Arimantis glances at Elendr.

You say, "So ye always say, Gavrail."

You say, "But ye make yer fair share of deceptions."

Elendr says, "Is that Nothing is as it seems... nothing at all. So I would advise you all to be cautious before acting."

You say, "More than yer fair share."

Ilvane says, "She's sounding kind of manly.."

Selfane says, "I agree their is no reason to make haste."

You say, "Which means Gavrail isn't as she seems to ye either, Elendr."

Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Think about that."

Elendr says, "If Thurfel finds another of the vessels and you happen to be the one to locate it... don't be so quick to hand it over to Thurfel... to give him more power..."

Selfane asks, "Gavrail, can you tell me about this, Nexus?"

Selfane raises an eyebrow.

The voice responds, "And so you will come to understand when he is finished with you."

You say, "he freed my husband from Aslakian"

Ilvane waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

You say, "I have no reason to believe ye, Gavrail."

Arimantis says, "Bah.. you are the only ones threatenin me"

You say, "None at all."

Elendr says, "He gave himself Aslakian's power... or will when he retrieves the staff... if he does."

You chuckle at Elendr.

Elendr says, "He will grow to be more powerful than Despana herself. And the lands will quake in his presence."

Selfane says, "Xeldria may be young, but not that nieve."

You say, "I don't believe that, Elendr."

Elendr nods to Selfane.

Elendr says, "I didn't ask what you believed Iscikella, this meeting isn't about what you believe."

Arimantis asks, "Long as you continue the threats an the torture.. why in the name of Liabo should anyone believe ya mean no harm?"

Ilvane leans back in her chair, balancing herself on two legs for a few moments, then sets the chair back down on all four legs.

Arimantis taps his foot impatiently.

You say, "I am responding to Gavrail."

Arimantis nods to you.

Arimantis says, "As was I"

Elendr says, "She is at my meeting as well Iscikella, and she is keeping her tone down."

The voice focuses on Iscikella. "There is a lot you don't believe, isn't there?"

Selfane asks, "I see that Gavrail is thinking hard about my question?"

Selfane raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Nae, she isn't."

You say, "She has spoken."

Elendr says, "Her tone, not her voice."

Blardo whispers, "What is this voice?"

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "A lich."

Elendr asks, "Why does everything have to be so hard with you?"

Elendr frowns at you.

You say, "There is a lot I don't believe ye wish me to, Gavrail."

You say, "And ye are hearing a tone I don't have, Elendr."

Arimantis says, "I believe what I see.. an I see, lichs torturin those I love. What truth do ya say isn't believed"

Blardo whispers, "Is Gavrail the lich?"

Elendr sighs sadly.

You whisper quietly to Blardo, "One of them, aye."

Ilvane says, "Lets not argue now."

Ilvane shakes her head.

Elendr nods to Ilvane.

Elendr says, "Please."

Arimantis asks, "Do ya not even hear em anymore?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at Elendr.

Selfane says, "I'm not arguing, I just want Gavrail to explain this Nexus in more detail"

Selfane rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Elendr blinks.

Elendr says, "I hear exactly what she's saying."

You cock your head at Elendr.

You ask, "Do ye?"

Elendr nods.

Elendr says, "Quite well."

The voice ebbs, "Once one's heart is lost to the Betrayer there is little more to lose. You will learn the hard way."

You say, "Seems ye weren't aware she was speaking."

Selfane says, "if our help is truly needed as you say Elendr, the nine should be more than willing to speak openly about such things."

Elendr says, "I've been aware she was speaking. It's hard not to when it's coming through my mouth."

You say, "It isn't coming through yer mouth, Elendr."

You shake your head.

You say, "More like around ye."

Selfane says, "I can only assume Thurfel is the betrayer"

Ilvane says, "It is hard to see with open eyes when you trust someone implicitly, or are in awe of them."

Elendr says, "But our job is to inform. And you are here to slug it out Iscikella, and that is not the reason for this meeting. You will not be swayed by my words, you will not even think about them."

You see Achillea approach the table.
Achillea arrives at your table.

Elendr says, "Therefore it is pointless for you to be here."

Achillea nods to Elendr in greeting.

You say, "I am not slugging anything out. Comments were directed at me by her."

Elendr gazes heavenward.

Selfane holds up his hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Elendr says, "Apparently I'm not going to get any more done here... feel free to yell at me now Iscikella, its what your best at."

(Elendr folds his arms and lowers his head.)

You say, "I don't yell, Elendr."

Xanthias rolls his eyes.

You say, "And haven't yelled at all."

Ilvane says, "I'm so glad I don't use magic..so corrupting.."

Ilvane leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the nose.

You say, "But Gavrail, ye seem to feel ye know my heart so well, then ye know it is for IceMule."

You say, "I have sensed nothing in ye for IceMule."

You say, "Nothing at all."

Achillea asks, "Gavrail is here?"

You say, "I hear the nine talk of destroying the town."

Ilvane says, "I can't see the pull of destroying a town over a magical nexus."

You nod.

Ilvane grins at Arimantis.

You say, "I hear it constantly."

You say, "All the time."

Arimantis says, "Ya assume that aidin.. an givin ones heart.. are the same thing. My heart belongs ta those I love, an to this town.. "

(Elendr shifts slightly as if to get more comfortable in his chair, then merely looks up at Iscikella.)

You say, "I hear threats to put people on pikes."

Ilvane says, "Half of the magic in the town, it is in the people..which they may realize too late."

You say, "I hear threats about draining possessed to husks."

Ilvane clasps her arms around her knees and rocks back and forth.

You say, "All I ever hear is threats."

Arimantis nods to you.

Arimantis says, "an.. the threats all come from the lich's side"

You nod to Arimantis.

Ilvane says, "You know you can defeat them..look at what happened to Blizzerdd."

Ilvane grins at you.

Ilvane says, "Poof, right into the vessel."

Ilvane waggles her fingers mystically. Ooh...impressive.

You say, "Blizzerdd is free because Thurfel knew what to do with that vessel, knew how to drain it."

Selfane says, "and where is Thurfel"

You say, "And even the day he was freed, Elymir threatened."

You say, "Threatened to force me to kill my husband over and over."

Xanthias blinks.

You say, "So, Gavrail, no I don't believe ye."

Ilvane says, "There is always the possibility that they are working together."

You say, "I have seen no heart in any of the liches."

Arimantis asks, "Gavrail.. assumin you are still lurkin.. ya really think Elendr is gonna feel the same way bout you, after you have been returned to yer vessel? When he is able ta think on his own?"

Ilvane leans back in her chair, balancing herself on two legs for a few moments, then sets the chair back down on all four legs.

Elendr looks thoughtfully at Arimantis.

You say, "So ye talk of my heart, and aye, I have one."

You say, "Seems that in the liches has decayed."

Ilvane turns the page in her deep black volume.

Elendr says, "I like how you make yourselves feel so much better. So insecure... as if I care what Iscikella thinks any longer."

You ask, "And why Elendr should anyone care what ye think either?"

Arimantis says, "I din say ya cared.. "

You cock your head at Elendr.

The sweet scent of perfume grows momentarily stronger.

You fan yourself.

Arimantis sneezes.

Xanthias sniffs.

Selfane raises an eyebrow.

Arimantis grumbles.

Achillea curtsies to Gavrail.

Ilvane wrinkles her nose.

The lich gestures, chants a few words than points at you. You feel a wrenching sensation, then find yourself in a dark cold void.

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, up, down.

You laugh out loud!

You exclaim, "Oh my, Gavrail. Such a heart!"

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You feel strange here...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You feel strange here...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You travel among the star field, randomly seeing visions of your past...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You travel among the star field, randomly seeing visions of your past...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

You feel strange here...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You travel among the star field, randomly seeing visions of your past...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You suddenly notice that the images of your past are catching up with you. With a blinding flash you find yourself whisked forward in time and space until...

[Abbey, Ossuary]
A low moaning reverberates off the hard stone surfaces of the ossuary, interspersed with quiet shuffling noises. The darkness and shadows engulfing the area only serve to emphasize these dread sounds.
Obvious exits: north, south, east.

You concentrate on the Spirit Guide spell...
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Temple, Hallway]
Luminous ice surrounds you, making the hall glow a silvery blue. Several halfling priests wander through, muttering worriedly, while a mother walks with her child, telling the young one about the gods. A dark archway opens in the south wall. To the west, a crew of halflings is cutting a groove into the floor to channel the water that has begun to run off the melting glacier. You also see some hastily-erected wooden beams reinforcing the walls and ceiling of the yet-unfinished wing and a large wooden sign.
Obvious exits: east.

You feel light-headed, like you're about to faint!

[White Owl Table]
A snowy white linen tablecloth blankets the table. Three cut-crystal votives shimmer at the center of the table, casting a flickering, icy gleam. Silvery lace ribbons are strewn casually across the table, as though left-over from a party.
Also in the room: Derdroth who is seated, Lord Tjaran, Gavrail, Achillea, Lady Ilvane who is seated, Xanthias, Arimantis who is seated, Blardo, Lord Selfane, Elendr
Obvious exits: out.

Elendr says, "This is about Thurfel, not the nine."

You say, "Just proved my point."

You ask, "didn't ye?"

The lich gestures, chants a few words than points at you. You feel a wrenching sensation, then find yourself in a dark cold void.

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, up, down.

You laugh out loud!

You exclaim, "Useless lich!"

Space collapses upon itself almost crushing you!
You are stunned!

You are able to move again.

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You feel strange here...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You travel among the star field, randomly seeing visions of your past...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You feel strange here...

Things remembered, things forgotten, things never done...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You feel strange here...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You feel strange here...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

Time and space fold in upon itself...

You suddenly notice that the images of your past are catching up with you. With a blinding flash you find yourself whisked forward in time and space until...

[Abandoned Farm, Orchard]
Ice covers a small pond that feeds the roots of the frozen trees. A thin layer of snow covers the icy surface, which crackles ominously as if something is moving beneath it. The wind howls through the nearly-bare branches of the trees, sending flurries of falling snow through the area.
Obvious paths: west.

Leaves rustle and branches sway menacingly, as an elder tree spirit suddenly emerges from the surrounding cover.

You concentrate on the Spirit Guide spell...
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Temple Burrow, Koar and Cholen]
Koar Street ends in a huge hill of ice that serves as part of the town wall. Priests representing several orders come and go through a tunnel in the ice, or stand talking quietly, carefully polishing symbols of their deities.
Obvious paths: west, southwest.

You feel dizzy. The ground and sky seem to move together in a nauseating blur. When things seem steadier you realize you're flat on your back!

You stand back up.

[Temple Burrow, Koar Street]
This area seems well-travelled. Priests in blue robes wander up and down a staircase carved from the glacier, and the ice you walk on is rough enough to stand on without falling. A few small cottages have been built from the ice, and one seems to have been encased in it, with holes drilled out for the door and windows. You also see a lost penguin chick and an ice staircase.
Obvious paths: south, east, northeast.

You recover somewhat from your nausea.

[White Owl Table]
A snowy white linen tablecloth blankets the table. Three cut-crystal votives shimmer at the center of the table, casting a flickering, icy gleam. Silvery lace ribbons are strewn casually across the table, as though left-over from a party.
Also in the room: Dhustbytr who is lying down, Derdroth who is seated, Lord Tjaran, Gavrail, Achillea, Lady Ilvane who is seated, Xanthias, Arimantis who is seated, Blardo, Lord Selfane, Elendr
Obvious exits: out.

Gavrail declines Derdroth's offer.

Arimantis says, "Yet.. the lichs are still the ones threatenin ta turn us all ta ashes.."

You ask, "That afraid of what I have to say?"

The lich gestures, chants a few words than points at you. You feel a wrenching sensation, then find yourself in a dark cold void.

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, up, down.

You laugh out loud!

You exclaim, "Seems ye are!"

You belt out, "Cowardly lich!"
You hear your echo.

You wonder, now that you have it all to do over again...

You suddenly notice that the images of your past are catching up with you. With a blinding flash you find yourself whisked forward in time and space until...

[Twisting Tunnels]
A maze of tunnels leads away from this small chamber in all directions. The low ceiling, poor lighting, and sudden twists and turns make it impossible to see far enough in any direction to get your bearings. Some passageways lead only a few feet and dead end, while others twist and turn in odd directions before opening into another chamber.
Obvious exits: north, south, southeast.

You concentrate on the Spirit Guide spell...
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Ice Garden, Altar]
Benches of carved ice with seats of wood surround the central altar, bowered with beardtongue shrubs. The glitter of the fallen snow reflects light in a myriad of rainbows, creating a hypnotic effect ideal for settling into a meditative state. Carved into the base of the glacier is a dark crevice leading into the mountain of ice.
Obvious paths: south.

You are overwhelmed by an intense wave of disorientation. An acidic bile taste hangs in the back of your throat, making it difficult to swallow. As you try to recover some semblance of balance, an intense series of spasms from deep in your bowels forces its entire contents to work its way up your throat. It takes every ounce of personal effort to keep yourself from the irresistable urge to vomit!

You recover somewhat from your nausea.

You stand back up.

[White Owl Table]
A snowy white linen tablecloth blankets the table. Three cut-crystal votives shimmer at the center of the table, casting a flickering, icy gleam. Silvery lace ribbons are strewn casually across the table, as though left-over from a party. You also see the Gradin disk.
Also in the room: Journeyman Gunnard, Gradin, Derdroth who is seated, Lord Tjaran, Gavrail, Achillea, Lady Ilvane who is seated, Xanthias, Arimantis who is seated, Blardo, Lord Selfane, Elendr
Obvious exits: out.

Selfane says, "you don't have to prove anything to me about thurfel, I know my history well enough."

Elendr stares at you.

Elendr says, "Take a hint."

You say, "Ye are afraid."

You say, "And ye are a coward."

Gunnard says, "Greetings"

Gavrail says, "Because we have seen and felt his betrayal."

You cock your head at Gavrail.

Elendr gazes heavenward.

You say, "Good to know."

(Derdroth hops down from his chair.)

Derdroth scoots his chair back and stands up.

You say, "It will be used against ye."

Derdroth strides over to stand before you.

Derdroth walks over and kicks you in the shin!

Ilvane says, "You have a problem with each other..don't kill us over it..makes no sense."

Derdroth turns around.

Ilvane glances at Gavrail.

Derdroth strides a few steps forward.

Derdroth pulls out a chair and plops himself down at the table.

You bend down slightly and slap Derdroth up'side the head!

Derdroth flinches.

You hear someone groaning.

(Derdroth rubs his head tenderly.)

Gavrail says, "And you are a nuisance...and not welcome at this table."

Arimantis asks, "An.. because he saw fit ta leave you in the tomb.. ya threaten us, yet still expect us ta be on yer side?"

Derdroth frowns.

The lich gestures, chants a few words than points at you. You feel a wrenching sensation, then find yourself in a dark cold void.

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, up, down.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

You belt out, "COWARD!"
You hear your echo.

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

You stumble.

(Iscikella notices her feet seem frozen.)

You sigh.

You say, "Too cold in here. Can't fight the cold."

You lie down.

(Iscikella huddles into a tight ball, hugging her knees to her chest, shivering.)

You shiver.

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

You shiver.

(Iscikella hugs her knees closer to her chest.)

You say, "Can't feel my hands now either.

You shiver.

Waves of anti-magic tear at you!
You feel drained!

You say, "Ye will be destroyed, Gavrail."

You say, "And I will watch."

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

You moan.

You say," So...," teeth chattering, "cold..."

You shiver.

You concentrate on the Fire Spirit spell...
You gesture.
Your magic fizzles ineffectually.

You moan.

(Iscikella huddles her body tighter together.)

You grit your teeth.

Things seem to slow down around you!

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

Bright lights suddenly flash around you!
You feel weaker!

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

Things seem to slow down around you!

Dark waves of energy flow overhead!

Things seem to slow down around you!

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

(Iscikella huddles her frozen body tightly together.)

You think to yourself, "I am going to die in here this time. It is too cold, and I can't move."

Time seems to speed up around you!

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

Dark forces tear at your soul!
You feel drained!

The temperature drops rapidly!
You are injured!

Time seems to speed up around you!

(Iscikella whimpers feebly.)

You think to yourself, "Concentrate on something else. Something besides the cold..."

(Iscikella hums softly to herself.)
(Iscikella hums softly to herself.)

Dark forces tear at your soul!
You feel drained!

Dark forces tear at your soul!
You feel drained!

Dark forces tear at your soul!
You feel drained!

Space collapses upon itself almost crushing you!
You are stunned!

You gasp.

Bright lights suddenly flash around you!
You sustain massive amounts of system shock!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

You suddenly notice that the images of your past are catching up with you. With a blinding flash you find yourself whisked forward in time and space until...

[Twisting Tunnels]
A maze of tunnels leads away from this small chamber in all directions. The low ceiling, poor lighting, and sudden twists and turns make it impossible to see far enough in any direction to get your bearings. Some passageways lead only a few feet and dead end, while others twist and turn in odd directions before opening into another chamber.
Obvious exits: north, south, southeast.

Nightscale just arrived.

You concentrate and sense the power of the Symbol of Preservation well up within you and cover your body in a warm glow.

Nightscale asks, "want me to drag your body somewhere?"

You say, "If ye can."

You see Nightscale Blackbreath the Human Empath.
He appears to be in his 30's, has shoulder length, wavy black hair, dark eyes, and dark skin.
He has old battle scars on his right leg, old battle scars on his left leg, old battle scars on his left hand, and old battle scars on his left arm.
He is holding a drake mace in his right hand and a reinforced shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a crystal amulet, a heavy backpack, a belt pouch, a hooded black silk stalking cloak, a jet-black silk beret, some sleek black stalking leathers, a black leather sheath, a shimmering glaesine orb, a crystal amulet, and some calf-high polished black boots.

Nightscale asks, "how do I do that?"

You say, "Nae, I don't think ye can."

You say, "Don't worry about me."

Nightscale put a drake mace in his leather sheath.

You say, "With those scars ye won't be able to drag."

Nightscale asks, "will a white flask help?"

Nightscale grabs you and tries to drag you, but you remain unmoving.

You say, "I am kept."

You say, "don't worry."

Nightscale asks, "want me to get help?"

A cave gnome just arrived.

Nightscale removes a drake mace from in his leather sheath.
Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +3 = +51
A clean miss.

You say, "Take yer weapon out or will be hurt."

A cave gnome swings a cudgel at Nightscale!
AS: +20 vs DS: +58 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +80 = +59
A clean miss.

The cave gnome looks a little dubious about its situation.
A cave gnome heads north.

Nightscale asks, "how did someone of your skill die here?"

You say, "Don't worry about me."

You say, "Oh, I didn't die here."

You say, "A lich sent into a temporal rift."

You say, "I died in there."

You say, "And came out here."

Nightscale says, "how ..."

Nightscale says, "ahh, odd"

You say, "the liches have the magic."

Nightscale says, "I probably wont be fighting liches for at least 3 more trainings"

Nightscale smirks.

You say, "No, these liches no one can fight."

You say, "Except Thurfel."

Nightscale asks, "is someone coming for you?"

You say, "Don't worry."

You say, "Go and hunt."

A cave gnome just arrived.

Nightscale says, "ok, umm stay safe"

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +13 = +61
A clean miss.

A cave gnome swings a cudgel at Nightscale!
AS: +20 vs DS: +58 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +8 = -13
A clean miss.

A cave gnome heads north.

Nightscale waves.

Nightscale just went north.

A cave gnome just arrived.
Nightscale just arrived.

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +51 = +99
A clean miss.

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +55 = +103
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Hit glances off the cave gnome's hip.
** Nightscale's drake mace flares with a burst of flame! **
... 20 points of damage!
Flames incinerate muscle tissue in neck exposing the trachea. More than you ever wanted to see.
The cave gnome is stunned!

A cave gnome stirs groggily.

You sense Aranrhod looking in on you.

Nightscale says, "your the first body I have seen"

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +0 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +55 = +123
... and hits for 19 points of damage!
Grazing blow to the stomach.

A cave gnome stirs groggily.

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +0 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +23 = +91
A clean miss.

Nightscale swings a drake mace at a cave gnome!
AS: +37 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +29 = +77
A clean miss.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "Ye'll see a lot more."

You give a ghostly chuckle.

A cave gnome swings a cudgel at Nightscale!
AS: +0 vs DS: +58 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +42 = +1
A clean miss.

A cave gnome heads north.

Nightscale shivers.

Nightscale says, "as an empath I am sure I will"

You sense Tjaran looking in on you.

Nightscale frowns.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Nightscale says, "everyone likes me I think"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Selfane.

Nightscale says, "take care"

Selfane removes a metallic vultite dagger from in his mesh weapons harness.
Selfane slings a vultite wall shield off from over his shoulder.

You sense Bonespur looking in on you.

Selfane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Selfane gestures at you.
Nothing happens.

You say, "Greetings, Selfane."

Selfane nods to you.

Nightscale snarls menacingly!

You say, "I am kept. Sorry not to have said faster."

Selfane says, "how did you die."

Selfane reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in his.

Nightscale just went north.

You say, "I died in the temporal rift Gavrail sent me into."

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Lord Selfane
Obvious paths: north.

Selfane says, "hmm"

You say, "She of the kindly heart."

You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.

Selfane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Selfane says, "next time you should leave"

Selfane nods.

Selfane gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Selfane encompassing you.
You sense the warmth and comfort of salvation.

You say, "I would never give her the satisfaction."

Selfane says, "temporal rifts are dangerous"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Selfane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Selfane gestures at you.
Selfane suddenly looks very drained.
You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

Lorcann came through a wrought-iron gate.
Lorcann blinks.

You recover enough strength to move again.

Selfane says, "no I mean leave the temporal rift"

Lorcann blinks at Selfane.

Lorcann asks, "Eh?"

You say, "I left thrice."

You say, "She sent me back."

Lord Robinblood came through a wrought-iron gate.

Selfane asks, "and the last time?"

Lorcann blinks at you.

Robinblood peers quizzically at you.

Lorcann asks, "Who?"

You say, "Gavrail."

You sit up.

Robinblood asks, "Where?"

Lorcann blinks.

Selfane says, "she didn't attack anyone, openly"

You sense Bonespur looking in on you.

You say, "She was at a pub table earlier."

Selfane says, "or I would have shown her the power of Voln."

Lorcann asks, "Dat's the screamer, right?"

You say, "She attacked me."

Selfane says, "I thought she was just sending you to the gate"

You say, "No."

Selfane says, "I can't really justify killing someone for that"

You say, "She sent me to a temporal rift."

Robinblood asks, "Where did she put you?"

Robinblood nods.

You say, "Four times."

You stand back up.

Selfane asks, "why did you stay in so long the last time?"

Robinblood rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Ye couldn't kill her, Selfane."

You say, "I was injured."

You say, "Couldn't get out."

You say, "And spirit drained."

Selfane nods.

Robinblood squints.

Lorcann blinks at you.

Lorcann asks, "Ya spirit deathed?"

You say, "Ye don't think Gavrail likes to teach lessons."

You shake your head.

You say, "Nae."

Selfane says, "no she used some powers"

You say, "I died of shock."

Lorcann says, "Ah"

Selfane says, "hmm how did you die of"

Selfane says, "oh of course"

Selfane says, "empath."

Selfane gazes up into the heavens.

Lorcann went through a wrought-iron gate.

Great Lord Bonespur came through a wrought-iron gate.

You cock your head at Selfane.

Bonespur grins.

You sense Aranrhod looking in on you.

Bonespur flings himself against you, bounces off you, and giggles madly!

You say, "I don't think ye realize ye go into shock in a rift."

Bonespur sighs.

You say, "Nothing to do with being an empath."

Robinblood asks, "She's not still around, is she?"

Selfane says, "but you didn't die the first two times"

Selfane says, "no.."

You say, "Took me longer and longer to get out each time."

You say, "Last time I didn't."

Selfane says, "ahh"

Selfane nods to you.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Selfane asks, "did you try the symbol of returning?"

You say, "Magic doesn't work in a rift."

Selfane nods.

Selfane says, "just checking."

Selfane says, "used to work"

Robinblood says, "Hmm, sounds like some bad luck"

Selfane says, "but then again used to be able to fog out of jail"

Robinblood begins chuckling at Selfane.

Bonespur says, "Well, yer alive an well...Jestin an I were lookin fer yas. Be safe"

Bonespur bows.

Great Lord Bonespur went through a wrought-iron gate.

You say, "No, when they cast ye time and time again into a rift, gets harder and harder to get out each time."

You say, "Last time, temperature dropped immediately."

Selfane says, "next time I'll just kill her."

Robinblood says, "You can't"

Robinblood shakes his head.

You say, "Selfane, that isn't possible."

Selfane says, "perhaps."

You say, "Wish it was, but it isn't."

You say, "Yer magic will reflect back at ye."

A wave of power flows out of Selfane and toward Iscikella who is surrounded by a soft white light.

You say, "And yer weapon can't touch her."

Robinblood says, "Only way to weaken her is to find her vessel"

Selfane says, "if that reflects it will not matter to me"

You nod to Robinblood.

You say, "it will kill ye."

You say, "The magical backlash."

Robinblood says, "It's a mental war of sorts, Selfane. Not physical"

Selfane says, "the symbol of holiness will never harm me."

You say, "That won't bother her at all."

Selfane says, "she is a lich."

You say, "Well, it will irritate her."

You look at Selfane and shake your head.

You say, "Not yer garden variety lich."

You say, "Ask Kade."

You say, "She's tried."

Selfane says, "as I understand it it will do some damage.."

You shake your head.

You say, "Nae, it will not."

Selfane says, "well then I will be very irritating."

You chuckle at Selfane.

You nod to Selfane.

Robinblood says, "I've never seen it performed on the liches, I'd guess it would reflect back at you"

Selfane says, "I have enough spins to be irritating all day."

You say, "Kade has tried it."

You say, "Didn't do a thing."

You say, "Can ask her yerself."

You say, "But it did irritate the lich."

You say, "Enough to kill her."

Robinblood says, "Maybe they took lessons from the vishmiir"

Selfane asks, "retribution?"

You say, "No Voln power works."

You say, "They are resistant."

Aranrhod's group came through a wrought-iron gate.

Aranrhod sighs.

Selfane says, "how absurd."

Aranrhod hugs you.

You smile at Aranrhod.

Tzuriz bows to you.

Robinblood says, "Selfane, one think you can do to combat the liches is to subdue their supporters"

You curtsy to Tzuriz.

Aranrhod asks, "How did you end up in those tunnels?"

Robinblood says, "Thing, rather"

Selfane asks, "and how do you fight Thurfel?"

You say, "Where I was dropped after I died in the rift."

Robinblood says, "We don't fight Thurfel"

You say, "Thurfel is not undead."

Aranrhod's face turns slightly pale.

Selfane says, "I know that."

Selfane nods to you.

You say, "And Thurfel is helping."

You say, "It was he who freed Blizz from the liches."

Selfane says, "I'm just looking at all the possibilities, if I had to how would I fight him"

Robinblood nods to Aranrhod in greeting.
Robinblood nods to Tzuriz in greeting.

You say, "Thurfel is extremely powerful."

Aranrhod nods to Robinblood in greeting.

Selfane says, "yes, very."

Aranrhod leans against a wrought-iron gate.

Aranrhod folds her arms over her chest.

You say, "I have no wish to fight Thurfel myself."

Selfane says, "I do not think he can be killed."

Selfane says, "not by any craft we townspeople possess"

Aranrhod says, "Elendr became upset with us and left"

Aranrhod sighs.

You say, "Elendr is a fool."

Robinblood says, "Elendr is an explosion ready to happen"

Robinblood says, "I was hidden when he tried to persuade Vonka to join him"

Selfane says, "I was there."

Robinblood says, "He failed"

Tzuriz nods to Robinblood.

You say, "And he has a yen for a lich."

You say, "Which is rather frightening to think about."

Aranrhod gags.

You shudder.

Tzuriz says, "I heard Vonka talk about that"

Robinblood nods.

Robinblood says, "Vonka is a strong soul"

Aranrhod says, "If you like flesh falling off"

Selfane says, "regardless I can't argue with the facts that Elendr did bring up"

You see a white blur form near you, which quickly fades into Plumbley.

Selfane says, "the few that there were"

Plumbley bounces around happily.

Selfane nods to Plumbley.

You say, "Remember something, they are Gavrail's version of the facts."

Tzuriz says, "It was good of you to whisper your support though, she is strong, but even so needs help...think that can be said for any of us."

You say, "They are not simply facts."

Aranrhod waves to Plumbley.

Selfane says, "the facts that I witnessed with my own eyes"

Plumbley exclaims, "Hello bestest friends!"

Plumbley beams!

Tzuriz smiles at Plumbley.

Selfane says, "Thurfel did get free first, and he did burn this town"

You say, "I know that."

Selfane says, "I was there."

You say, "He admits it."

Plumbley went through a wrought-iron gate.

You say, "He realizes he was wrong."

Selfane says, "and that's not to say he cannot change"

You say, "He doesn't deny doing it."

Aranrhod says, "He has killed me"

You say, "Never has."

You say, "He has acknowledged he did many wrongs."

Aranrhod says, "But he has not tried to take my soul...or turn me to stone"

You nod.

Aranrhod says, "As the liches have"

Selfane says, "fair enough"

You say, "And he has not forced me to actions against my will either."

You say, "Or stolen my voice."

You say, "Or fed on my spirit."

Aranrhod says, "Or forced me to kill"

Aranrhod says, "As they did"

You say, "I have seen not one drop of remorse in the liches."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Aranrhod says, "And spoke for me"

Aranrhod nods to you.

Selfane says, "if they are capable of remorse"

You say, "Or force me to kill children as the lich has."

You shiver.

Aranrhod nods.

Selfane says, "but if Thurfel is truly against us.."

Selfane asks, "what would we do?"

You say, "He isn't."

You shake your head.

Aranrhod says, "Iscikella can tell you how against Thurfel I have been"

Tzuriz says, "It is certainly clear that the liches are evil...simple as that"

Robinblood says, "Only Thurfel knows that for certain"

You say, "I watched him free Blizz's soul."

Selfane says, "fair enough my point is not that the liches are not evil or that thurfel is not helping us"

Robinblood says, "This moment? I would say Thurfel is assisting us"

You say, "And then I heard Elymir speak from my mouth and threaten to kill Blizz over and over by my hand."

Selfane asks, "my point is when the liches are dead, if we have to deal with Thurfel what could we possibly do?"

You say, "The liches are undead."

You say, "They will not fade away."

Aranrhod asks, "What can we do with the liches?"

Selfane says, "I mean, when Thurfel dispatches them."

Selfane says, "drains them or what not"

Tzuriz says, "But to be honest, I don't completely trust Thurfel either, sure he has helped, but I have a sinking feeling about him."

Robinblood says, "Negating present happenings because of guesses into the future would not be a wise choice to make"

Aranrhod sighs.

Selfane says, "there is nothing wrong with planning however."

Aranrhod says, "I am weary"

You say, "I am angry."

A loud rasping noise fills your head.

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
When Iscikella heard only the rasping noted above, all others in the room heard:

A rasping voice rises in the crisp night air, saying, "She who would put her faith in one who is a Betrayer, is she the one you truly wish to follow?"
***END NOTE***

Robinblood says, "True, but we must deal with what is happening now"

Selfane says, "it never hurts to be prepared"

Aranrhod blinks.

Robinblood gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You say, "My, my, Gavrail, trying to make yerself known here."

Selfane says, "yes but I fear that dealing with what is happening now without any thought to the future will be the death of us all"

Aranrhod exclaims, "Yes!"

You tilt your head up.

Aranrhod says, "Voice"

Aranrhod exclaims, "Come forward!"

Robinblood says, "I am willing, as well as a few others, to put my faith in Thurfel"

Selfane asks, "hmm is this also Gavrail?"

Robinblood nods to Selfane.

You say, "Is a rasping voice."

Selfane says, "come into the light where I can see you, Gavrail.."

You say, "So aye, I believe is."

Robinblood says, "Don't beckon the lich"

Tzuriz says, "I don't think I'd wanna follow that voice...thats for sure"

Aranrhod says, "But she claims to be benevolent"

Aranrhod nods.

You say, "She claims."

Selfane says, "she's already here, might as well at least be able to see her."

Aranrhod says, "That is what Elendr is claiming also"

Aranrhod says, "So...talk to us in person"

Robinblood says, "If she wants to show herself, she will. Don't irritate it"

Selfane says, "I do not fear her."

Selfane shrugs.

Robinblood rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Selfane says, "I have of course done nothing to warrant fearing her yet."

Mnar came through a wrought-iron gate.

Aranrhod says, "She claims to want to be helpful"

Selfane nods to Mnar.

Mnar nods to Selfane.

You say, "Gavrail, ye picked a poor sort to possess perhaps."

Aranrhod smiles at Mnar.

You ask, "Inadequate planning?"

Selfane says, "I think she may have left."

Mnar says, "Evening."

Mnar asks, "Who?"

Selfane says, "Gavrail"

Aranrhod says, "Hello Mnar"

Aranrhod says, "Seems there is a lich about"

Robinblood says, "Lich is present"

Aranrhod says, "Gavrail"

Selfane says, "she won't come out into the light"

You say, "Likely she has."

Mnar says, "There have been liches present for years."

Aranrhod says, "The benevolent lich"

You say, "She is a coward."

You shrug.

Aranrhod snickers.

Aranrhod coughs.

Selfane says, "specifically one of the council of ten, Mnar."

You nod to Aranrhod.

You say, "Kindly of heart."

Mnar says, "They've been around for years too."

Selfane says, "yes but not inside the gates of Voln."

You roll your eyes.

Selfane says, "there are few liches who can claim that honor."

Mnar says, "They've only done that a few times, granted."

Aranrhod shakes her head.

You say, "It is spring, and that means all creatures seem to be seeking a mate in one way or another."

Robinblood says, "I'm interested in whether or not she has more to share with us this night"

You chuckle.

You cough.

Robinblood grins at you.

Robinblood says, "Not I"

Selfane asks, "well, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this matter?"

Robinblood says, "I have not the silver"

You say, "Elendr likes lich mates."

Selfane raises an eyebrow in Mnar's direction.

You nod.

Tzuriz grins at Robinblood.

Mnar says, "I don't really know enough about the situation to venture an informed opinion."

Selfane nods.

Tzuriz says, "Elendr is making a mistake"

You say, "Elendr has made his choice."

Selfane says, "Odd, you are normally more involved"

Selfane nods to Mnar.

Robinblood says, "Elendr has made his mistake, he's done with it"

Mnar says, "I've been on Teras."

Tzuriz says, "I don't know too much, but that is something I feel fairly certain about."

You say, "But his choice is his choice."

Selfane says, "ahh, the Isle."

You say, "It isn't mine."

Tzuriz nods.

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow in Tzuriz's direction.

Mnar says, "And the situation up here changes so fast that if you're gone a week, you might as well have never been here."

Aranrhod nods to Tzuriz.

Tzuriz says, "aye, that it is"

Robinblood nods to Mnar.

Tzuriz says, "his choice"

Aranrhod grins at Mnar.

You say, "However, if he finds a vessel and gives it to Gavrail, he dooms one possessed."

Selfane says, "well, I could bring you up to date but without any input from Thurfel I can't accurately portrait the story."

Selfane shrugs.

Mnar asks, "What has Thurfel been up to lately?"

Robinblood says, "I'm sure Elendr would be dealt with swiftly before that could happen"

You say, "That isn't the full story, Selfane, what Elendr said."

You shake your head.

You say, "One of the vessels was found, Mnar."

Selfane says, "like I said, without input from Thurfel I cannot relay the whole story.."

You say, "And placed on the altar."

You say, "Aslakian's orb."

Mnar asks, "Where was it hidden?"

Aranrhod says, "Actually...not much has changed Mnar...one of the liches vessels has been found and Blizzerdd is released"

You say, "And Blizzerdd was freed of possession."

Selfane asks, "the wind mill?"

Robinblood says, "Windmill"

Aranrhod pants.

Selfane nods.

Aranrhod chuckles.

Mnar asks, "Just... in the windmill?"

Selfane says, "oddly."

Tzuriz says, "in a crate I think"

Aranrhod asks, "Odd...no?"

You say, "Under some crates."

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow in Mnar's direction.

You say, "But the truth is I don't think was always there."

Mnar says, "Ah... under a crate... in the windmill..."

You say, "I think Aslakian was moving it."

Tzuriz nods to Mnar.

Mnar says, "Safe deposit boxes just won't do the trick anymore."

You say, "he certainly appeared fast enough when it was found."

Robinblood chuckles.

Aranrhod says, "If I were a lich it would be at the bottom of the seas"

Selfane says, "If it were mine, I'd just hang onto it"

Mnar nods to Aranrhod.

Selfane says, "that's a good place too"

Selfane nods to Aranrhod.

You say, "Perhaps they need to get to it though, Aran."

Mnar says, "I would bury mine under a thousand yards of ice and stone."

You say, "Gavrail holds hers."

Selfane asks, "out back then?"

You say, "The orb of blue flame."

Selfane peers quizzically at Mnar.

You say, "That is her vessel."

Aranrhod says, "Hmm"

You say, "The one I saw in vision."

Aranrhod says, "I saw it"

Aranrhod nods to you.

You say, "The one she holds."

Aranrhod says, "At the table"

You say, "So perhaps they need it for certain powers."

Selfane says, "so then we cannot hope to get hers at any rate."

Robinblood asks, "No way to disarm it, eh?"

Selfane says, "since these liches are invincible."

You say, "And have to have it where can get to it."

The rasping noise echoes again within your head.

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
When Iscikella heard the rasping noise noted above, all others in the room heard:

Rasping again, a faint voice intones, "Yes, Iscikella, the Misguided One, she will lead you all to a fate you cannot imagine. And you who are foolish enough to follow one who clings desperately to the Betrayer will follow on her footsteps. Do not say you have not been warned!"
***END NOTE***

You whisper quietly to Aranrhod, "What did she say? I only heard the noise again."

Aranrhod tilts her head back.

Mnar asks, "Is that the good lich or the bad lich?"

(Iscikella taps at her ears.)

Selfane says, "Gavrail"

Aranrhod asks, "Why would we believe you?"

You say, "All liches are bad."

You see a white blur form near you, which quickly fades into Keemac's group.

Mnar nods to you.

Mnar says, "Well, we agree on that."

Skyfawn just hugged Selfane.
Selfane just hugged Skyfawn.

Aranrhod nods to Mnar.

Keemac says, "evening folks"

Robinblood smiles and nods in greeting to Keemac.

Tzuriz says, "My question to that voice would be "What other path is there to follow? Yours?""

Skyfawn says, "eveing everyone"

You say, "Gavrail, no one follows me. They follow what they see."

Tzuriz scoffs.

You say, "What the liches do."

You say, "I have no powers."

Great Lord Keemac's group went through a wrought-iron gate.

You say, "Ye all have the powers."

You say, "And ye use them wildly."

You say, "That ye are so afraid of me is odd, however."

Robinblood says, "Gavrail thinks in such simple terms"

Aranrhod says, "Maybe simple minds..."

Robinblood nods to Aranrhod.

Aranrhod says, "Course her's looked a bit on the rotten side"

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Robinblood chuckles.

A loud crack of thunder and a blinding, blue flash rend the night. A lingering, sweet scent is all the remains of the lich.

Aranrhod tilts her head up.

Robinblood says, "Looks like she got mad"


This log is from the viewpoint of Elendr and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up immediately after the previous log...
***END NOTE***

[Temple Burrow, Koar and Lumnis]
On the edge of the glacier, you have a marvelous view of the city to the south. Your eyes follow the slightly haphazard streets around Icemule Trace until they meet the four roads and eventually the gates in the walls. Above you towers the Temple, carved from the purest ice and shining with a nearly divine aura in the moonlight. A ramp of ice leads down to the west, while an ice staircase leads down to the east and a set of carved ice steps lead down to the northwest around an oddly shaped ice flow.
Obvious paths: down.

You think to yourself, "Thank you for coming tonight Gavrail. It was wonderful to see you again. I just wanted to let you know that I always love to see you."

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Mnar, Tzuriz, Aranrhod, Lord Robinblood, Lady Iscikella, Lord Selfane
Obvious paths: north.

You frown.

Iscikella glances at you.

Gavrail whispers, "My possessed, it is always good to find you here, too. And I thank you for sharing your spirit. I am growing weak. You have done more good for the town than they will ever know."

***ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER***

[Hall of the Gods, Main Chapel]
The Temple has been carved from the ice of the glacier. A vaulted ceiling rises above you, carved with faint designs, and thick pillars etched with the symbols of the gods rise to meet the dome. The walls glimmer with light from the moon, adding divine ambiance to an already spectacular chamber. To the northwest is a passage, seemingly brighter than the rest, while the tunnel to the southeast looks darker than you would think possible in the well-lit Temple.
Obvious exits: west, northwest, southeast, out.

You sit down.

You close your eyes for a moment.

You hug your knees and sway side to side.

A blanket of perfume envelopes you.

Elendr smiles warmly as he keeps his eyes half-closed and breathes in the aroma through his nostrils.

You say, "You are, truly a wonderful individual."

(Elendr rocks back and forth, a small smile of happiness spreading the corners of his mouth.)

You ask, "Something bothers me. The other liches. They are mad, so how will we be able to come together?"

You ask, "How can we unite to defeat him?"

You hear someone sigh.

You say, "I'm sorry if I asked a bad question."

You hear someone mutter something about men....

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You cock your head.

You blink.

You frown.

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "I have been thinking on that for months, and I have no answer."

(Elendr pulls his knees in closer to his chest.)

You ask, "Is it their condition that maddens them?"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Their rage against Thurfel, I believe."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "and they cannot get hold of him. So they go wild with whatever they can get near."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "It does not help us, this I know."

You nod.

You say, "Oh, I thought Thulevier might want to know. I spoke with Vonka and if he holds himself firm the next time he's around her, she might be willing to give herself if he'll stop hurting her friends."

You shrug.

You say, "Just thought you might be interested..."

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "holds himself firm?"

You say, "Yeah, doesn't kill anyone before they speak."

You say, "She's interested in acts of goodwill. If he promises not to harm her friends she'll give herself to him."

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "before he speaks with the Lady Vonka?"

You say, "Aye, I guess I would just assume so... she's interested in talking but he's always killing folks according to her."

You hear the voice of Gavrail exclaim, "What ever will the Misguided One say!"

You chuckle.

You hear someone laugh.

You say, "well, I hope it can work out for them. It might be some help..."

You say, "She's the nicest of all the others... and the most willing to help."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "perhaps the wisest, too, in her childish way."

You nod.

You say, "I'm fond of that aspect of her. She's really quite sweet."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Very well. This perhaps is good news, then."

You nod.

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Elendr?"

You ask, "Yes?"

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Does it hurt ye when I take spirit from ye?"

Jestin just arrived.

Jestin sits down.

Jestin yawns.

You say, "Just a little, but I know it's for a good cause... I'm used to pain."

You nod to Jestin.

Jestin blinks at you.

Jestin asks, "Your lady back?"

You say, "My lady is always with me."

Elendr smiles softly.

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Would this man repair the damage if I were to take some before I leave?"

Jestin says, "Perhaps but she not tapping on me shoulder this time"

Jestin chuckles.

You cock your head at Jestin.

Jestin blinks.

You ask, "Would you?"

Jestin says, "I am a cleric, not a healer"

Jestin says, "So have not that skill"

You say, "You can heal my spirit."

Jestin says, "Ah you mean a well"

You nod to Jestin.

You say, "Aye."

Jestin says, "You are not hurt"

You say, "I don't like the word hurt, but i will be drained in a moment."

Jestin blinks.

Jestin says, "Why? No one attacks you"

Jestin peers quizzically at you.

You ask, "It is not about attacking priest. Will you 'well' me?"

You cock your head at Jestin.

Jestin rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Jestin says, "If you are not planning to kill anyone yes"

You smile.

You nod.

You close your eyes for a moment.

Jestin says, "If someone is going to die then no"

You say, "No one will die."

Jestin says, "I try to protect this town"

You feel part of your very essence sucked painfully away! You feel drained! You are stunned!

Jestin blinks.

You furrow up your face and wince.

Jestin asks, "Could you not have asked lass?"

You say, "She did ask me."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Now help him as you said you would."

Jestin nods.

Jestin gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Jestin gestures at you.
A brilliant shaft of pure white light suddenly surrounds you.

Achillea just arrived.

You bow to Jestin.

You say, "Thank you."

Achillea curtsies to you.

Jestin says, "Welcome"

(Elendr takes a deep breath, smiling warmly at Jestin.)

You nod to Achillea.

Jestin says, "I try to help those that need it"

You hear someone sigh.

You say, "It's alright my lady..."

You say, "I am strong whenever you need me to be."

Jestin nods to Achillea in greeting.

Jestin asks, "But why did she need spirit?"

Achillea peers quizzically at you.

You say, "It makes her strong."

You nod to Achillea.

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Why do any of us need spirit?"

Jestin says, "Methinks that one strong enough already"

Achillea says, "ahh"

Jestin chuckles.

Jestin rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Achillea says, "good eve Gavrail"

Jestin says, "Well you are not alive in the strict sense of the word"

Achillea says, "as I told Arimantis, does he not lend essence to the fallen when he raises, it is something a friend will do for another"

You lean back.

Achillea says, "Gavrail, if it helps atall, you can borrow mine as well"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Alive or not, we need spirit to carry out the work which we must do in this world."

Jestin says, "I still do not know what work ya plan to carry out"

Jestin rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Achillea put a thin sinuous emerald-bladed longsword in her leather war harness.

Achillea hugs you.

(Elendr looks blissful as he sits rocking, his knees pressed firmly into his chest.)

You smile at Achillea.

Jestin asks, "If ya succeed in regaining life what then?"

Achillea says, "I hope they will accept the truth in time, Elendr"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "The destruction of Thurfel is our work. The capture of the staff. And keeping the vessels safe."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "So that you all may have life and a place to live it."

You say, "I know Achillea, you're so kind in that way."

Jestin says, "I have life now"

You say, "You won't when Thurfel is done."

Jestin says, "perhaps Elendr"

(Elendr tilts his head slightly downward, his smile fading as he picks at something on the floor.)

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "you have life now...but when Thurfel..."

Jestin asks, "When Thurfel what?"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Well, I don't even want to think about it."

Jestin says, "Ah but I do"

You hear the voice of Gavrail exclaim, "Believe me, you do not!"

Jestin says, "Both you and he want the staff"

Jestin says, "Yes I do"

You ponder the meaning of Jestin's existence.

Jestin says, "I cannot fight without knowing what I am fighting against"

Achillea says, "Gavrail, I had heard of Thurfel's plan to try an capture vessels and such, I tried to warn you through Elendr before Aslakian's was found"

You say, "Jestin is one of those few m'lady, who does not trust either side and is reserving judgement for something more concrete."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Betrayal."

Achillea says, "I regret that warning was appearantly unheard, it is not Elendr's fault however"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Call it betrayal, sir."

Jestin says, "You both want the staff which is a thing of power and evil"

Jestin shrugs.

Achillea sits down.

You hang your head.

Jestin says, "And in the past both sides wanted that power for their on uses"

Jestin says, "And both of you seem to owe Amasalem in some manner"

You say, "Amasalen.."

(Elendr breathes the name as he stares off, seemingly at nothing.)

Jestin chuckles.

Jestin says, "I do not want to call that one"

Jestin starts chuckling at you!

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "And now, you will need to decide where you should place your trust to save all that you hold dear."

Jestin says, "I trust neither"

Jestin says, "At this point, from what I can see, and perhaps that is Yfa's fault"

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Should you place it with the Misguided One, who is besotted with her feelings for the Betrayer?"

Jestin chuckles.

Achillea asks, "Gavrail, can I ask something?"

Jestin says, "in truth I think you serve Amasalem and want to increase his power"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Or...should you place it with the nine, crazed and angry and lashing out at anything that displeases them because they cannot lash out at the Betrayer."

You sigh solemnly.

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "I see your dilemma."

Jestin says, "And in truth, I think Thurfel betrays Amasalem and wants to take his place" Aranrhod just arrived.

Achillea nods to Aranrhod in greeting.

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "But I also know the answer."

Jestin says, "Both are not a good thing for a cleric of Eonak, nor good choices"

Aranrhod blinks.

Jestin asks, "And the answer is?"

You say, "The lesser of both evils is always the better choice."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "If you have a better answer, priest of Eonak, it would be well for your town to place it on the table."

You hear the voice of Gavrail exclaim, "Soon!"

Aranrhod asks, "That a threat...or warning?"

Jestin says, "Destroy the staff, throw it into the flames of Eonak"

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Achillea asks, "Gavrail, can I ask you something please?"

Aranrhod sighs softly.

You say, "Xeldria holds the staff. Talk to her about that one. And that is not an answer."

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Elendr has been after the staff...without much success."

Jestin says, "Let what was made be unmade"

You furrow up your face and wince.

You hear the voice of Gavrail exclaim, "Ask!"

Jestin says, "I would weaken both sides if I could"

You hear the voice of Gavrail exclaim, "Ask!"

Jestin peers quizzically at Achillea.

Achillea asks, "Gavrail I saw Xeldria earlier this eve in frostacres, she still bears the staff, and well, I have seen incredible power displayed by the nine before... so why cannot one of you take it from her?"

Aranrhod glances at Achillea.

You cock your head at Achillea.

Achillea says, "I'm askin! cant talk fast enough"

You hear someone laugh.

You say, "The staff is... well..."

Achillea says, "I wish you to have the staff desperately"

Aranrhod says, "I am curious also"

Achillea says, "but, none of us have the power alone to overcome Xeldria"

Achillea says, "but you all do have power"

You ask, "Why do you think they sent me after the staff Achillea?"

Achillea says, "I am askin why now"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Nor do we."

Aranrhod asks, "Because they cannot touch it?"

Achillea asks, "okay, why is that?"

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow in your direction.

You say, "The staff is very powerful... and, it is alive."

Aranrhod says, "And they are not"

You roll your eyes.

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow.

Achillea asks, "Gavrail then, who does the staff belong to? will it not itself eventually fall into the hands of a proper servant?"

You ask, "That is so not the point Aranrhod, good grief. Do you take every chance you can get to put in some small jibe?"

Aranrhod says, "No"

You hear the voice of Gavrail ask, "Do you think that if we could have wrested the staff from Xeldria we would not have done so long ago?"

Aranrhod says, "It was an honest statement"

Aranrhod blinks at you.

Achillea says, "I merely seek understanding, Gavrail, I am totally on your side"

You say, "Where was the point in it? I'm talking about the staff, you're talking about the... nevermind."

Jestin asks, "So what do you plan to do with the staff if ya get it?"

Achillea says, "such may help me thing of a way to help you"

Aranrhod says, "Even Achillea will tell you I try to find the truth"

(Elendr lowers his head, taking a deep breath, as if to calm down.)

Aranrhod says, "You said they do not hold it because the staff is alive"

Aranrhod says, "I thought"

Aranrhod sighs.

Aranrhod says, "Just trying to understand"

Aranrhod shakes her head.

Achillea asks, "so Gavrail, if I were to have this staff passed to me, I could pass it on to you? is that the key? that it must be passed willfully perhaps?"

You hear the voice of Gavrail say, "Understanding is difficult when things are not what they seem."

Aranrhod says in Elven, "You are betraying your heritage and questioning my honor because I simply ask questions"

You say, "The staff is immaterial, it will never be given over to us. If we had it, we would certainly use it against Thurfel... but it's true, it probably shouldn't be with any of the nine, but in truth only they can use it to its fullest capacity, and destroy him."

Achillea asks, "to be honest, Gavrail, should I have possessed it, I would wish to present it to my lord. would he not then see his will was done?"

Aranrhod asks, "So...why keep asking for it?"

You say in Elven, "How the hell is that betraying my heritage? You've provoked me quite a few times tonight."

Aranrhod says in Elven, "Good"

Aranrhod says in Elven, "Maybe you will become yourself again...and not a puppet"

Aranrhod scoffs at you.

Aranrhod just went out.

Achillea glances at you.

Achillea rubs you gently.

Achillea says, "arguements in elven are annoying"

Achillea stares off into space.

Jestin says, "Very"

The blue orb flickers and the perfume fades, except for a faint lingering breath of it around Elendr. The voice is stilled.



Button Link to Thurfel Main