Glinting Light
Feastday, day 9 of the month Charlatos in the year 5102

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see an abandoned hall, a plain residence, a splendid colorful tiled home, a low mithril gate and a hand-carved felwood manor.
Also here: Lady Ilvane who is seated, Arimantis
Obvious paths: north, west.

Ilvane says, "It's almost like they have been tortured with thoughts of revenge all this time."

Arimantis says, "Somehow.. I don think they are going to go willingly"

Ilvane smiles at you.

Arimantis hugs you.

Ilvane says, "Hello, Iscikella."

You smile at Ilvane.

You say, "Evening."

Arimantis says, "We was in town center, when a piece of rotting cloth blew by on the wind. Figured, it mighta come from here"

Ilvane nods.

You ask, "From here?"

Arimantis says, "Well.. from a lich"

Light glints off the statue of ten wizened halflings.

You blink.

Ilvane nods.

Ilvane says, "We weren't so far off."

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. looks like we mighta thought righ"

Ilvane glances at something inside a star-clasped black silk cloak.

Ilvane blinks.

Ilvane giggles.

Arimantis says, "Less it always lights up like that.."

You say, "That's not good."

Arimantis squints.

(Ilvane glances at the statue, warily)

Ilvane shakes her head.

(Iscikella points at the statue.)

Arimantis says, "Coulda jus been all that sun, playin tricks"

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

You say, "Well, I still don't like it."

You shiver.

Arimantis removes a mug of slooberry rum from in his spidersilk vestment.
Arimantis takes a drink from his slooberry rum.

Ilvane says, "Maybe the sun."

Ilvane nods.

Arimantis nods to Ilvane.

Ilvane closes her eyes for a moment.

(Iscikella watches the statue.)

Arimantis says, "Sun an shadows kin play tricks on ya, like that"

Ilvane nods.

Ilvane says, "I really do wish they would find rest, without kill the town."

You say, "I don't think is the sun for some reason."

Ilvane suddenly begins to choke, and grabs at her throat!

Arimantis stares at Ilvane.

Ilvane gasps.

Arimantis tries to pull Ilvane to her feet, but she is too heavy.

Arimantis exclaims, "Sweetheart!"

(Ilvane jumps back startled)

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

Ilvane pants.

Ilvane scoots over in front of Arimantis.

(Arimantis stares at the statue)

You shudder.

Arimantis says, "Keep away from her.."

(Iscikella stands in front of the statue and glances up at it.)

You ask, "Do ye want something, lich?"

Arimantis asks, "Are you alright sweetheart?"

(Ilvane stares wide eyed at the statue)

Out the corner of your eye, you notice something move around the statue. As you turn your full attention to the sculpture, one of the stone halflings lunges out towards you, grasping your neck with its stony hands! After what seems like a couple minutes, the statue resumes its normal position.

Ilvane blinks.

Ilvane just tried to pull you towards her!

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

You gasp.

Ilvane asks, "Are you alright?"

(Iscikella rubs her throat.)

You cough.

You say, "Not exactly."

Ilvane rubs you gently.

Arimantis asks, "What do you want?"

Arimantis squints.

(Iscikella glares at the statue.)

Ilvane asks, "Why do you want from us, anyhow?"

Ilvane sighs.

You say, "Why don't ye speak," speaking with a rasping voice as she rubs her throat, "instead of just grabbing at folks."

(Iscikella presses at her throat, coughing.)

(Ilvane glances behind the statue)

You gasp.

A howling laughter rises up from around the wizened halfling statue and a slight breeze blows snow to and fro.

You say, "Can't seem to catch my breath."

Ilvane blinks.

You ask, "Elymir?"

Arimantis asks, "Funny.. you grab at the women folk.. feelin a lil desperate?"

(Arimantis squints at the statue)

Arimantis smirks.

Ilvane says, "Don't tempt him."

Ilvane glances at Arimantis.

(Iscikella wipes the blowing snow from her eyes.)

You ask, "What are ye seeking, lich?"

(Iscikella keeps a hand on her throat.)

Ilvane asks, "You don't want your neck grabbed stone hands, now..do you?"

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane softly on the neck.

Arimantis says, "I jus don want you bein grabbed by anythin"

Iscikella's throat feels as if some of the bones are broken, though they are aren't.

You cough.

(Iscikella coughs uncontrollably.)

You say, "That stony grasp."

You shiver.

(Ilvane glances up at the statue, then runs her fingertips over her neck leaning against Arimantis with a sigh)

Arimantis says, "Hmm.. don seem to have anythin ta say, other than pawin at yas"

You say, "Feel like it snapped something."

Ilvane nods to you.

Ilvane says, "Me too."

Arimantis suddenly begins to choke, grabbing at his throat and struggling with something unseen.

Ilvane gasps.

Ilvane just tried to pull Arimantis towards her!

You try to pull Arimantis towards you.

You exclaim, "Don't hurt him!"

(Ilvane tosses a hand at the air,)

Ilvane exclaims, "Stop that!"

Arimantis continues to squirm and struggle out from under something.

Ilvane flails her arms about.

You exclaim, "Cookie cleric!"

Ilvane exclaims, "Leave him alone!"

Arimantis says, "Bah.."

(Iscikella tries to free Arimantis though she can't see from what.)

You flail your arms about.

You exclaim, "Let him go!"

Arimantis asks, "What do you want, ya dead halflin thing?"

Ilvane asks, "What..is it..?"

Arimantis asks, "Ya want a tart?"

You shiver.

You exclaim, "Don't say that!

Arimantis looks wobbly for a moment, and then begins to inhale deeply.

Ilvane blinks at Arimantis.

A swirl of hot air coils past you, brushing the ground and stirring up a wisp of parched dust.

You try to pull Arimantis towards you.

Ilvane exclaims, "Don't make him angry!"

Arimantis blinks.

Ilvane just tried to pull Arimantis towards her!

Arimantis blinks.

You say, "Ye don't look well, Arimantis."

(Iscikella puts a hand on Arimantis' throat, trying to heal the bruises.)

You exclaim, "And I can't heal them!"

You flail your arms about.

(Iscikella glares at the statue.)

Arimantis sits down.

Ilvane says, "It's hurting you."

Ilvane sighs.

Ilvane moves to a kneeling position.

You ask, "Why don't ye speak, Elymir?"

(Arimantis rubs at his eyes, then fixes his gaze on the statue)

(Ilvane kneels in front of Arimantis, running her hands over his wounds)

You say, "Ye usually have," fingers the bruises on her own neck, "so much to say."

Ilvane says, "I wish I could heal you.."

Ilvane just kissed Arimantis on the forehead.

Arimantis says, "Fine.. but all this is getting you nowhere lich. You still haven't said what you want"

You kneel down.

Arimantis leans on Ilvane.

You say, "I will heal him, lich, ye won't stop me."

Another breeze blows by, resembling a familiar howling laughter.

You meditate over Arimantis.
Arimantis's neck damage is transferred to you.

You take a quick appraisal of Arimantis and find that he has a fractured and bleeding right hand, minor cuts and bruises on his chest, minor cuts and bruises on his abdominal area, and some minor cuts and bruises on his right arm.
He has several painful-looking scars across his chest.

You meditate over Arimantis.
Arimantis's right arm damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Arimantis.
Arimantis's chest damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Arimantis.
Arimantis's abdomen damage is transferred to you.

Arimantis says, "I will be fine.. just a bruise.."

You meditate over Arimantis.
Arimantis's right hand damage is transferred to you.

Arimantis coughs.

You say, "No, yer neck was bleeding."

Ilvane blinks at Arimantis.

You cock your head at Arimantis.

You say, "But still a bruise there."

You say, "I can't get that it seems."

You sigh softly.

***LOT OF HEALING UP OF ARIMANTIS' TRANSFERRED WOUNDS BY ISCIKELLA***

You tilt your head up.

(Arimantis rubs his neck)

You belt out, "Elymir! show yerself!"

Ilvane says, "He has nothing to say, so it seems."

Ilvane nods.

Arimantis says, "Nothin worth sayin.."

Arimantis coughs.

You say, "He seems to want to use his hands..."

You shudder.

(Iscikella rubs her neck.)

Ilvane asks, "What good does it do, if you don't tell us what you want?"

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "What is there to say, but your impending doom is near, children."

Arimantis removes some aloeas stem from in his spidersilk vestment.
Arimantis takes a bite of his aloeas stem.

You blink.

Ilvane says, "We are hardly children."

Arimantis squints.

You say, "So ye insist."

You say, "But is not so."

(Ilvane glances defiantly at the statue)

(Iscikella shakes her head emphatically.)

You cough.

Arimantis says, "Again, you seem to underestimate us..."

(Iscikella goes into a fit of coughing as she heals her neck.)

Ilvane rubs you gently.

Arimantis says, "Or.. overestimate yerselves.."

Ilvane put a black tower shield in her black silk cloak.

You ask, "Did ye send Yfa to the keep the other night?"

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Did we?"

Arimantis says, "This town is far stronger than any council.. that has been proven."

(Ilvane reaches out and touches the statue, peeking behind it)

Ilvane asks, "Where are you?"

Arimantis just tried to pull Ilvane towards him!

Ilvane blinks.

You say, "Is what I asked, lich."

A pained expression crosses Ilvane's face.

You say, "Do not try to turn the question on me."

You flail your arms about.

Ilvane asks, "Why is it that you hurt me?"

Arimantis says, "Sweetheart.. don't touch it"

Ilvane asks, "What exactly did I do?"

(Ilvane blinks at the statue)

(Iscikella glances up at the statue with wide eyes.)

Ilvane slowly empties her lungs.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

You say, "Come, ye know ye have more to say."

Ilvane says, "Ouch.."

Ilvane sits up.

Arimantis says, "You din do a thing"

You say, "Ye know ye love to gloat in any case."

(Ilvane leans back, glancing down at her missing leg)

Ilvane says, "Iscikella.."

Ilvane slowly empties her lungs.

Arimantis stares at Ilvane.

You blink at Ilvane.

You say, "How...."

You take a quick appraisal of Ilvane and find that she has a completely severed right leg.
She is bleeding from the right leg.

Arimantis just tried to pull Ilvane towards him!

You meditate over Ilvane.
Ilvane's right leg damage is transferred to you.

Ilvane grins bravely, ignoring her obvious pain.

Ilvane says, "I don't know.."

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

Ilvane shakes her head.

You furrow up your face and wince.

You exclaim, "Lich!"

Arimantis struggles to stand, but fails.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

Arimantis stands up.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You say, "Come out of hiding."

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

(Iscikella rubs her mangled leg.)

Ilvane stands up.

You mutter something about damnable-creatures...

Arimantis says, "Darn it.. stop these games an spit out what you want. There must be some reason you are doing this"

(Ilvane glances around walking behind the statue)

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Arimantis exclaims, "Sweetheart!"

(Iscikella stares at the statue, watching the eyes.)

Ilvane says, "Come out of hiding, please.."

You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

Arimantis says, "I don't think he wants ta be found.."

Arimantis smirks.

(Iscikella points at the fifth one from the left in the halfling group the statue depicts.)

Ilvane says, "I'm not afraid of you."

Ilvane shakes her head.

You say, "He is there."

Arimantis says, "Not that I would show myself if I was in that sorta shape either."

Arimantis ponders.

You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right arm feels better.

Arimantis says, "Suppose I would rather hide in a statue"

Arimantis nods.

You ask, "Aye, does the condition of yer rotting flesh upset ye, lich?"

Ilvane shakes her head.

You smirk.

(Arimantis glances at the statue with a smirk)

Ilvane says, "You wouldn't have liked being buried alive either."

A statue of ten wizened halflings points at Ilvane.

Ilvane suddenly grows completely still. She, and everything she posesses, turns a pale shade of grey and becomes hard as stone.

Arimantis stares at Ilvane.

Arimantis just tried to pull Ilvane towards him!

Arimantis exclaims, "Sweetheart!"

You gasp.

Arimantis flails his arms about.

You exclaim, "Release her from that stony touch!"

You flail your arms about.

You see a stone statue of Ilvane Fiastash.

A wave of power flows out of Arimantis and toward Ilvane who is surrounded by a soft white light.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Why should I?"

Arimantis just touched Ilvane.

Arimantis asks, "Sweetheart, can you hear me?"

You hear someone snicker.

Arimantis says, "Bah.. Sheka"

You say, "I haven't any power to combat ye with, but still..."

Arimantis says, "Go away"

(Iscikella stares at the statue.)

Arimantis says, "Now isn't the time Sheka.."

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Arimantis traces the lines of his sword-shaped mark.

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

Arimantis says, "Ronan.. help her"

You hear the voice of Sheka ask, "Has the one you wait so eagerly for finally come to you, Misguided One?"

You ponder the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

You stand back up.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Perhaps we should turn everyone in this... town into statues. A collection of sculptures for its owners to gaze at, eternally."

You remove a multi-gemmed quintuple ring medallion from around your neck.

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "What is wrong with the Warrior?"

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
Nothing happens.

Arimantis flails his arms about.

You hear the voice of Sheka ask, "What is wrong with her?"

The ground shifts beneath your feet, stone grinding against stone like the dry, raspy clearing of an old man's throat.

(Iscikella walks toward the statue and presses her ring medallion to the fifth stone image from the left.)

You exclaim, "Hope it burns, lich!"

Alyxandrah fades into view.

You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled right leg!

Arimantis says, "Damn you.. lich"

Alyxandrah stares at Ilvane.

You hear someone snicker.

You move to a kneeling position.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
Nothing happens.

You hear the voice of Sheka ask, "You just won't learn will you?"

(Iscikella struggles back toward the statue and pressing the medallion back to the stone.)

You hear someone chuckling.

You exclaim, "Burn!"

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes you!
... 23 points of damage!
Flames cook your chest. Feels about medium well.
You are stunned for 6 rounds!
The flames set you alight!

You hear someone cackle.

Alyxandrah gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

The flames engulfing you flare up and sear your skin!
... 23 points of damage!
Flames cook your back. Feels about medium well.
You are stunned for 6 rounds!

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "Again"

Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
Nothing happens.

The flames engulfing you flare up and sear your skin!
... 23 points of damage!
Flames cook your abdomen. Feels about medium well.

Alyxandrah gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "My sentiments exactly, child. Burn."

You hear someone cackle.

The flames surrounding Iscikella flicker and die out.

Arimantis smirks.

Alyxandrah rubs you gently.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Arimantis just touched Ilvane.

Alyxandrah faces you, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between the two of you. You gain 25 mana points!
Alyxandrah opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your chest feels better.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your chest feels better.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your abdomen feels better.

Arimantis asks, "Sweetheart.. can you hear me in there?"

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your abdomen feels better.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "I didn't know you had such a quaint sense of humor."

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

You hear someone snicker.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.
Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

(Iscikella crawls back toward the statue and presses the medallion there again.)

You say, "Least ye can burn with me."

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes you!
... 18 points of damage!
Flames incinerate scalp completely and blacken skullcap. Not very fashionable.
You are stunned for 10 rounds!

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

Arimantis removes a cup of holy water from in his rune-covered bag.

Sheka fades into visibility.

Smoke continues to rise from you as your clothing smolders.

Sheka glances at you.

Sheka grins coldly, her eyes reflecting no emotion.

Alyxandrah sighs.

The stray bits of burning clothes finally stop smoldering and go out.

Alyxandrah gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Sheka says, "Save your mana."

(Arimantis dips his finger in the holy water, sprinkling it over the statue of Ilvane)

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "I wouldn't try my patience, child."

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Sheka cackles!

You ask, "I will answer that question as ye did mine: Why shouldn't I?"

Sheka taps Ilvane lightly on her shoulder.

(Iscikella glares at the statue.)

Alyxandrah says, "Leave the statue alone."

Ilvane gazes out in an eternal, stony vigil. Her features caught in mid-shock, and startlement.

(Iscikella takes a deep breath.)

Alyxandrah gazes at Ilvane with a look of utter sorrow in her eyes.

Sheka sneers at Ilvane.

Arimantis put a fine rosewood Ronan statue in his rune-covered bag.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your back feels better.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your back feels better.

Sheka leans against a low mithril gate.

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

(Iscikella presses the medallion to the statue again determinedly.)

You say, "I am as stubborn as ye, lich."

Alyxandrah looks over at you and shakes her head.

You ask, "Haven't ye "learned" that lesson?"

(Arimantis walks in a circle around the statue of Ilvane, whispering a quiet prayer)

Arimantis softly kisses his Ronan symbol, murmuring to himself.

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

(Iscikella watches the statue intently.)

Sheka says, "She seeks the Darkness hungily."

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

Sheka glances at you.

You say, "Bah! Sheka, ye understand nothing."

Arimantis just touched Ilvane.

Sheka raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Sheka smirks.

Ilvane returns to her elven form.

Ilvane gasps.

Arimantis just tried to pull Ilvane towards him!

Ilvane just tried to pull Arimantis towards her!

Sheka glances at Ilvane.

Sheka snaps her fingers.

Ilvane sobs.

You give a sigh of relief.

Arimantis says, "Sweetheart.."

Ilvane exclaims, "And to think I felt pity for you!"

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

You touch Ilvane.

Ilvane exclaims, "You horrid awful beast!"

Alyxandrah says, "Sheka's not really a beast..."

Sheka asks, "He has a heart of stone eh?"

(Ilvane sobs into Arimantis' chest)

Sheka grins at Ilvane.

Alyxandrah chuckles.

Sheka smirks.

(Arimantis stares at the halfling statue with hatred)

Ilvane weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

You say, "Elymir, what lesson teach ye now? I would hear ye say."

You say, "Ye know what Thurfel said of yer lessons, lich? That ye are powerful and ye may watch, but he will slay ye and enjoy doing so."

(Iscikella stares at the statue.)

(Arimantis softly presses his symbol to Ilvane's forehead before putting it away)

(Sheka's emerald eyes narrow as she carefully watches Iscikella.)

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Lessons are abundant, child, but will the little children pay attention to the teacher. That is the question."

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the forehead.

Sheka says, "Indeed."

Sheka nods to you.

Sheka smirks.

Ilvane snuggles up to Arimantis.

You ask, "And so ye "discipline". Is that ye excuse?"

(Iscikella tilts her head at the statue.)

Sheka leans on Alyxandrah.

Arimantis asks, "It appears.. you are jus trying to show yer power, an gloat over it. I missin somethin?"

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka says, "Probably."

Sheka nods to Arimantis.

Ilvane sits down.

Arimantis gives Sheka a good pinch!

Ilvane clasps her arms around her knees and rocks back and forth.

Sheka snickers.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Call it what you wish, child. The time is near, and it will matter not what you have learned. The town will be ours."

Sheka smiles chillingly.

(Iscikella shakes her head defiantly.)

Arimantis says, "It will never be yours"

You say, "It will not."

Ilvane says, "Never."

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Careful, or you too will become a statue like your... friend."

Arimantis says, "Nor will it's people.."

Ilvane whimpers.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the forehead.

Ilvane says, "Please..don't."

Ilvane stands up.

You say, "Ye have not the power to take the town, Elymir, and ye know it. Is why ye seek the staff."

You say, "But ye have it not."

You say, "And will have it not."

(Sheka watches Iscikella in amusement.)

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Don't we? Won't we?"

(Iscikella's centers her eyes stubbornly on the statue.)

You say, "Ye don't, and ye won't."

Sheka smirks.

Alyxandrah says, "And shall not, and can not."

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Do you even know where the staff is now, child? So far away has its wielder taken it, away from your sight... and your knowledge."

Sheka says, "So mote it be."

Sheka gazes up into the heavens.

Sheka snickers.

Ilvane says, "I could see if we were responsible for your fate in the first place, Elymir..why you would want to hurt us."

You say, "I know where is... in her hand..."

Ilvane says, "But we had nothing to do with it in the first place."

You say, "Fused there, unless she gives it up."

You say, "And she does not seem so inclined."

Sheka asks, "Why can you not merely wrest the Staff from her?"

Arimantis paces back and forth.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "You inhabit what is ours. You side with the traitor. You will die in what is ours, and with the traitor."

Arimantis says, "It was never yours"

Ilvane says, "And you do refuse to listen to reason at all."

Alyxandrah says, "The only traitors here are you."

You ask, "And why do ye presume this town yers?"

(Iscikella squints at the statue.)

Ilvane asks, "And who says that we all side with Thurfel, either?"

Ilvane shakes her head.

You think to yourself, "I would most like to understand this, I think. But likely that is why they will not say."

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Fused? To the Staff-Wielder's hand?"

A howling laughter rises up around you.

Arimantis says, "Long ago Amasalen tried to lay claim here with tricks.. but even back then, his tricks were discovered. He has no claim"

Sheka gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You ask, "Ye didn't know this, Elymir?"

You ask, "Is yer information so... neglible?"

(Ilvane takes a few steps back)

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "So little you've learned, child, so little. A pity, really... I thought you'd be quicker to wit."

Ilvane says, "Iscikella, don't push him."

(Sheka squints at the statue as she paces.)

Sheka paces back and forth.

You say, "Even now Gavrail screams and rants for the staff."

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "Please, don't."

Ilvane closes her eyes for a moment.

You say, "Ye thought ye would... cajole me more like."

You kneel there stubbornly, folding your arms over your chest.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "You know nothing of the Staff... or even where it is. You rely on precious information from those who would betray you at the slightest notion of obtaining Power, and fame."

Sheka says, "She does so love seduction."

Sheka smirks.

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "Friends... hardly."

You ask, "And who would that be, Elymir?"

You ask, "Those seeking power? That is yerself, nae?"

Ilvane nods to you.

Ilvane says, "It is.."

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "That would be question, wouldn't it, child?"

Sheka raises an eyebrow.

Sheka laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

You say, "Have ye considered, if Gavrail gets the staff, that ye will not have the power, she will."

You ask, "Have ye thought on that, Elymir?"

Arimantis says, "I still find it odd, you give us what seem to be warnings.. when warning us would go against your goal"

You ask, "Why do ye not answer, lich?"

"Amusing, trying my own words back on me. You learn, child, but you're still not quick enough", says the gruff voice around the statue.

Sheka says, "Those of you who have come now from your prison do seem incredibably detached from each other..."

Ilvane nods to Sheka.

You say, "But I disconcert ye, when I mention these things."

Ilvane asks, "I actually agree with something you said?"

Iscikella smiles wryly.

Ilvane blinks at Sheka.

Sheka says, "Perhaps it is the fluttering of your eyes."

Arimantis says, "It is obvious to anyone who looks.. that the council is devided. You call yourselves one, but actions show otherwise"

Sheka sneers at you.

Sheka glances at Ilvane.

Sheka smirks.

You say, "Come, lich, each of ye seeks the staff. But if any has it, will be only one."

You say, "One of Nine."

A gruff voice rises up from the around the statue, "The town, and Thurfel will be ours, no matter who has the Staff. But the point is moot, since I could be holding the staff as we speak."

You say, "Ye could, but ye're not."

You smirk.

A howling laughter rises up around you, and fades on a slight breeze.

Sheka says, "Could"

Sheka chuckles.

Arimantis asks, "Each who has spoken seeks the staff for themselves.. who is to say if one of the others gets it, it won't be turned on you?"

You say, "Ye do not confuse me, lich."

You say, "Though ye try."

You say, "I do admit to being curious about ye."

You say, "That I will admit."

You say, "But that ye know."

Arimantis says, "And.. you say that we rely on people who would betray us.."

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis says, "Seems to me, it is the other way around"

Ilvane says, "If you had the staff, you would use it."

Ilvane says, "You don't have it."

Sheka asks, "Are you afraid of each other?"

(Sheka cocks her head at the statue.)

You say, "More like jealous, I would say."

You smirk.

You sense Kadesha looking in on you.

You belt out, "Lich?"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Kadesha.

You belt out, "Have ye run away?"

You belt out, "Tail between yer legs?"

Sheka glances at Kadesha.

Arimantis says, "They all want power.. for themselves"

Sheka says, "The Witch arrives"

You nod to Arimantis.

Sheka snickers.

Kadesha just hugged Arimantis.

Kadesha hugs you.

Kadesha just hugged Ilvane.

Ilvane exclaims, "Kadeshsa!"

Kadesha says, "hello"

Arimantis just hugged Kadesha.

Ilvane says, "Kadesha too."

Ilvane giggles.

Sheka says, "Her tongue is still a bit heavy"

Iscikella is a bit frustrated, as she would seek to speak to Elymir a bit about the past but never seems to much have a chance.

Sheka nods to Kadesha.

Sheka smirks.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Ilvane says, "I'm still recovering from being stone."

Ilvane sighs.

You say, "The lich was here..."

You say, "Elymir."

You nod to Kadesha.

Kadesha frowns.

You say, "and he..."

You glance at Ilvane.

You glance at Arimantis.

You say, "Well he attacked."

Ilvane nods.

Sheka snickers.

Ilvane says, "You could say so.."

You say, "Tried to strangle Ilvane, Arimantis and myself."

Kadesha asks, "what he do?"

You say, "And then turned Ilvane to stone."

Sheka says, "Hmmmm..I missed that."

You say, "And I..."

Sheka snaps her fingers.

You thumb your quintuple ring medallion.

You say, "I pressed it to the stone."

You tap a multi-gemmed quintuple ring medallion.

You say, "And told him hope it burned."

(Ilvane glances up at the statue, with anger in her eyes)

Sheka says, "And suffered greatly for your foolishness."

Ilvane snuggles up to Arimantis.

Sheka scoffs at you.

You say, "So he sent flames at me."

You say, "But I kept going back and doing it anyhow."

You say, "Told him he would burn with me."

You say, "Ye know I am stubborn, Kade."

Kadesha smiles at you.

You say, "Seems the lich doesn't quite know how stubborn yet."

Sheka gazes up into the heavens.

Kadesha asks, "did it burn him too?"

Sheka says, "Of course not"

Sheka sneers at Kadesha.

You say, "He was in the statue."

You say, "But I heard his groans."

You grin.

Kadesha nods to you.

You say, "And now..."

Sheka paces back and forth.

You belt out, "...he has scurried off... like the coward he is!"

You raise your fist in a display of defiance.

Kadesha asks, "no other torment now except Sheka?"

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

Sheka smirks.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes you!
... 63 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds you. Your blood boils and your heart stops.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

You say, "Seems gone."

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis says, "Or.. not"

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at you.
You feel a tingle on your soul, as if a powerful hand is gently cradling it.

Sheka laughs!

Ilvane glances at you.

You sense Tjaran looking in on you.

Kadesha scowls.

Sheka leans on Alyxandrah.

Arimantis rubs you gently.

Sheka laughs!

You say, "Perhaps not...."

You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.

You say, "But no matter."

You hear the faint whisper of Tjaran saying, "What happened?"

You say, "Obviously I upset him."

Ilvane says, "Still a coward."

Ilvane nods to you.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You sense Tjaran looking in on you.

You say, "So was worth it."

Sheka exclaims, "Ohh that was tooo funny!"

Sheka cackles!

Ilvane hauls off and slaps Sheka up'side her head!

Arimantis says, "So brave.. to kill from the shadows"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Skyfawn.

Kadesha asks, "ye liked that Sheka?"

Arimantis smirks.

Skyfawn says, "oh my"

Sheka laughs!

Skyfawn rubs you gently.

Arimantis rubs you gently.

Ilvane says, "Go back to the rock from wence you came from, wench."

Ilvane nods to Sheka.

Sheka exclaims, "I thought it marvelous!"

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis glances at Sheka.

Ilvane waves a hand at Sheka, dismissing her indifferently.

Skyfawn asks, "you killed her?"

You say, "Seems I rather upset a lich, Skyfawn."

Skyfawn says, "ahhh"

Alyxandrah says, "Hurt his ego."

Skyfawn asks, "may I heal you?"

Skyfawn rubs Ilvane gently.

Ilvane shivers.

Kadesha mutters under her breath.

Sheka says, "You take a chance on doing so."

Skyfawn rubs Ilvane gently.

You say, "if ye would get the chest, Sky, would appreciate, aye."

Sheka nods to Skyfawn.

Sheka smirks.

You say, "Is only part bleeding."

(Ilvane glances over at the statue, muttering)

Skyfawn says, "alright"

Skyfawn meditates over you.
Skyfawn takes your chest damage.

Sheka says, "I would let her rot"

Arimantis says, "Still.. hasn't denied that they compete for the power. Just cowardly shows of magic"

Sheka gently rolls your lifeless body over.

Sheka snickers.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

You say, "Darn lich made my blood boil."

Skyfawn rubs you gently.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

You say, "Sheka remember something. Was me who healed ye the other night."

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

You say, "And many other nights."

Kadesha asks, "ya liked the lightning, Sheka?"

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Kadesha's direction.

Arimantis begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

You say, "thank ye kindly, Sky."

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's chest looks better.

Skyfawn says, "glad to help"

Sheka says, "Keep your murdersous ways stifled, Witch."

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "can arrange for more, if ye so liked it, Sheka"

A slight breeze stirs the sweltering air around you.

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly at Kadesha.

Arimantis says, "It is obvious, he is still here. Cowardly spying from the shadows"

Skyfawn meditates over you.
Skyfawn takes your right leg damage.

Arimantis smirks.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

Sheka says, "Do as Vonka did and offer him a cookie."

You say, "Well, Arimantis, technically is always here. Inside me."

Sheka nods to Arimantis.

Sheka smirks.

Kadesha nods to Arimantis.

Skyfawn meditates over you.
Skyfawn takes your head damage.

Ilvane paces back and forth.

Skyfawn meditates over you.
Skyfawn takes your abdomen damage.

Skyfawn meditates over you.
Skyfawn takes your back damage.

Kadesha says, "ohh"

Lord Tjaran came through a low mithril gate.

Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's abdomen looks better.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Ilvane says, "It's so nice to be able to move."

Kadesha removes a moldy chocolate cookie from in her hooded robe.

Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's back looks better.

Ilvane shivers.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's head looks better.

Kadesha says, "I had been saving one"

Tjaran blinks.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's abdomen looks better.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's back looks better.

You say, "But, Elymir, seems I did rather upset ye."

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's head looks better.

Ilvane just tried to pull Tjaran towards her!

Kadesha says, "only, kinda had Aslakian in mind"

Arimantis says, "Sweetheart.. I was so worried"

Sheka says, "But you do so love them when they get nice and ripe like that."

Tjaran gawks at Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "You were.."

Sheka sneers at Kadesha.

Arimantis sighs softly.

Ilvane says, "I could hear you..but I couldn't speak."

Kadesha put a moldy chocolate cookie in her hooded robe.

Sheka asks, "See?"

Sheka chuckles.

Alyxandrah gawks at a dead cricket.

Tjaran says, "I...was wondering what had happened."

Ilvane says, "I could see you all, but couldn't let you know my soul was still inside."

Sheka glances at Alyxandrah.

Tjaran just hugged Ilvane.

Alyxandrah removes a dead cricket from in her silk gem pouch.

You ask, "What killed the cricket?"

Ilvane sighs softly.

Arimantis says, "Don't know what I would do.. if anything happened to you"

Kadesha says, "I said was savin for Aslakian, Sheka"

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

Tjaran says, "I am glad to see you are okay."

Ilvane just hugged Tjaran.

Alyxandrah says, "Probably lack of oxygen."

Sheka says, "If it's not in bondage it dies."

Alyxandrah giggles.

Alyxandrah just closed an ebon silk gem pouch.

Sheka says, "The perfect pet."

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

You say, "We had a bit of a... confrontation with a lich."

Sheka smirks.

Tjaran says, "I was so worried about you all."

Alyxandrah gives her cricket a little prod with the tip of her finger.

You say, "Elymir is about, Tjaran, so watch yerself."

Alyxandrah says, "No wonder I didn't hear it chirp."

Alyxandrah sniffs.

You say, "Seems I... peeved him a bit."

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Tjaran says, "I had noticed."

Tjaran clenches his fist.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

Sheka glances at Tjaran.

Kadesha says, "I hear Elymir is rather fond of meeting with Lorminstra"

Sheka grins coldly, her eyes reflecting no emotion.

Kadesha smirks.

Tjaran glances at Sheka.

Tjaran says, "If you have something to say to me, spit it out."

You whisper quietly to Skyfawn, "Thank ye. Very kind of ye."

Kadesha says, "actually, hes a bit late for that meeting, as they all are"

Kadesha frowns.

Sheka asks, "You wish me to spit on you?"

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Tjaran's direction.

You say, "Don't say that, Tjaran. She will literally spit."

Tjaran says, "Chyeh, do not be so literal."

Skyfawn whispers, "could not see you all messed up like that"

Kadesha asks, "so uh, Arimantis?"

Sheka snickers.

You say, "The girl has no manners."

Sheka walks over and kicks you in the shin!

Arimantis put a blackened silver-bound prayerbook in his rune-covered bag.

Arimantis blinks.

Sheka says, "Hush corpse"

Arimantis says, "Sorry.. still a lil flustered"

Arimantis sighs.

Kadesha says, "I'm real tempted to make more lightning, since Sheka liked it so much"

Arimantis leans on Kadesha.

Tjaran says, "Sheka, you bother us with your noise. Have some of mine."

Tjaran gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tjaran gestures at Sheka.
Sheka seems to be distracted by something.

Sheka glowers darkly at Tjaran.

Kadesha asks, "so uh, Arimantis?"

Skyfawn grins at Tjaran.

Arimantis asks something in guild speak.

You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.

Kadesha says, "ye gonnna do the honors"

Kadesha begins chuckling at Arimantis.

You say, "I don't think she likes nature's sound, Tjaran."

Arimantis grins.

You say, "She is, after all, rather... unnatural herself."

Arimantis says, "Alrighty.."

Kadesha says, "well he prolly wouldnt like Ronan much either"

Tjaran winks and flashes a sly grin.

Kadesha grins at Arimantis.

Sheka expounds lyrically upon your shortcomings.

Arimantis asks, "Ya ready to get up Isci?"

Ilvane just touched a faceted black diamond Ronan symbol.

Sheka paces back and forth.

You say, "Aye, Arimantis, if ye could, would appreciate."

Sheka no longer seems distracted.

Arimantis nods.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Arimantis encompassing you.
You sense the warmth and comfort of salvation.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

(Sheka tilts her head and pats at her left ear.)

Arimantis removes a blackened silver-bound prayerbook from in his rune-covered bag.
Arimantis removes a soft black tassled bookmark from in his silver-bound prayerbook.

(Sheka tilts her head and pats at her other ear.)

Sheka glances at Tjaran.

Arimantis touches you.

Sheka mutters darkly.

Kadesha squints at Sheka.

Arimantis kneels down and begins to recite prayers.

Arimantis gestures at you.
Arimantis suddenly looks very drained.
You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn gestures at Arimantis.
The glazed look leaves Arimantis.

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

Kadesha faces you, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between the two of you. You gain 100 mana points!
Kadesha opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.

You sit up.

You say, "Thank ye."

Sheka starts chuckling at you!

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Black energy begins to undulate around the statue of ten wizened halflings like heat vapors, distorting and twisting its image.

You recover enough strength to move again.

(Ilvane wiggles her finger and toes, shaking out the stiffness)

Sheka raises an eyebrow.

Ilvane blinks.

Tjaran seems to be trying to figure out how to turn a small statue.

You gasp.

Arimantis put a soft black tassled bookmark in his silver-bound prayerbook.

You exclaim, "Oh!"

(Kadesha glowers at the statue)

Tjaran glances at something inside a jade-clasped spidersilk cloak.

Arimantis stands up.

You stand back up.

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

(Arimantis stares at the statue)

Kadesha stands in front of you.

You say, "He is back to making himself known it seems."

Sheka just tried to pull Kadesha towards her!

Sheka smirks.

(Kadesha shoves Sheka out front as bait)

Skyfawn nods to you.

(Ilvane steps back, again)

Ilvane nods.

Ilvane says, "Take Sheka, really."

Ilvane nods.

Skyfawn grins at Ilvane.

Sheka mutters cowards.

Arimantis says, "She already gots a heart of stone.. may as well"

(Iscikella peeks out at the statue over Kadesha's head.)

Arimantis coughs.

Tjaran asks, "You have done enough, what more would you have to prove?"

Sheka taps a petrified black heart.

Ilvane clears her throat.

A low grind of stone reverberates out from the statue.

You gasp.

Ilvane blinks.

Arimantis ponders.

Kadesha squints.

(Sheka stares at the statue.)

Sheka narrows her eyes.

(Iscikella watches the statue closely.)

Kadesha removes a moldy chocolate cookie from in her hooded robe.

Arimantis ponders.

Ilvane says, "I'm not so sure I want to stay here.."

One of the halflings in the statue begins to take to life, its stony eyes opening wide.

You ask, "Elymir, going to destroy yer own image?"

Kadesha raises her chocolate cookie skyward!

Alyxandrah blinks.

You exclaim, "OH!"

Ilvane blinks.

Sheka smiles chillingly.

(Iscikella stares at the halfling statue.)

Ilvane says, "Oh my.."

Kadesha says, "which ugly one is it now"

Tjaran raises an eyebrow.

Arimantis says, "Welcome back.. lich"

You say, "Elymir."

Arimantis asks, "Or.. are you another of em?"

Arimantis smirks.

Alyxandrah says, "Oh, please be Gavrail."

Alyxandrah closes her eyes for a moment.

Sheka begins chuckling at Alyxandrah.

Kadesha blinks at Alyxandrah.

Arimantis says, "Competin fer use of the statue.. never mind ultimate power"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Kadesha says, "they all look kinda alike, rotting flesh an all"

You say, "Was black energy, so seems...," squints at the statue, "Elymir still."

Kadesha put a moldy chocolate cookie in her hooded robe.

Arimantis nods to Kadesha.

Alyxandrah sighs.

Kadesha says, "such rewards for service"

Kadesha smirks.

Sheka says, "Perhaps he is going to hug you unto himself."

(Iscikella blinks at the living stone.)

Ilvane says, "They are kind of stony.."

Ilvane nods.

Sheka nods to you.

The stone halfling begins to move, seperating from the whole sculpture. As the stony being walks, the rock around it begins to crumble to the ground to be replaced by rotting flesh.

Alyxandrah gasps.

You gasp.

Arimantis asks, "Got sometin worth sayin this time?"

Ilvane gasps.

Ilvane glances at Elymir.

Sheka says, "Ummm..."

look elymir
The thing before you may have been a halfling at one time, but only traces of its racial lineage remain. Its face is twisted and distorted, the flesh sickly and mottled. It wears the garments of a mage, although the fabric once rich and lustrous is nothing more than shredded tatters now. It bears no expression or emotion, but a burning rage simmers in the crimson-flecked eyes of the lich.

Tjaran turns to face Elymir.

Elymir narrows his eyes.

Alyxandrah stares at Elymir.

Arimantis stares at Elymir.

Kadesha says, "ahh lovely rotting flesh again, how charming"

A wave of power flows out of Kadesha and toward Elymir who is surrounded by a soft white light.

You say, "Ye do have a way with stone."

(Sheka glances at the walking statue.)

You blink at Elymir.

The lich gestures at Kadesha. Kadesha begins to flicker and fade, a look of agony etched upon her face. A moment later, she simply winks out of sight.

Arimantis says, "Smelled better as part of the statue"

Elymir shifts his weight.

Elymir leans on his staff.

Arimantis sniffs at Elymir.

Alyxandrah blinks.

Arimantis coughs.

(Ilvane turns her eyes from Elymir, with a sharp intake of breath)

You cock your head at Elymir.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka nods to Elymir.

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

You ask, "So ye decided did have something ye wished to say in person then?"

Sheka says, "you outdo yourself this evening."

Sheka snickers.

You hang a multi-gemmed quintuple ring medallion around your neck.

You stare at Elymir.

Elymir howls in laughter.

You shiver.

Tjaran asks, "Have you nothing to say?"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Kadesha.

Ilvane grins at Kadesha.

Elymir asks, "Must I have something to say to visit... my... town?"

Kadesha says, "what a surprise"

Alyxandrah asks, "Would you like a cricket?"

Alyxandrah smiles at Elymir.

Arimantis asks, "Where ya get a free vacation to?"

As the lich points at Alyxandrah, mystical energy envelopes her.
Alyxandrah looks stunned!

Tjaran no longer appears to be listening intently.

Sheka smirks.

Sheka glances at Alyxandrah.

Kadesha says, "yer town nowadays belong past the ebon gates, lich"

Alyxandrah rolls her eyes.

Arimantis says, "It will never be yers"

Elymir asks, "Does it, little woman?"

Arimantis smirks.

Elymir glances at Kadesha.

(Alyxandrah tosses the cricket at Sheka.)

Alyxandrah drops a dead cricket.

Kadesha says, "hey, I'm short, not little"

(Ilvane squeaks out quietly, "It's our town too, you know.")

Kadesha squints at Elymir.

Arimantis says, "A little past yer appointment at the gate"

Kadesha narrows her eyes.

Arimantis nods to Elymir.

Elymir looks over at Ilvane and shakes his head.

Elymir says, "It is ours."

Tjaran says, "Says you."

Ilvane hangs her head.

You ask, "What makes ye believe that?"

(Sheka swacks the insect away with her hand.)

You cock your head at Elymir.

You say, "Ye can at least answer."

Alyxandrah says, "It never was, nor will it ever be yours, lich."

You say, "Seems a small thing."

Elymir says, "It was ours long ago when they took it from us."

Kadesha says, "aye, Arimantis, theys all late"

Arimantis says, "Amaslen never had a true claim here"

Tjaran asks, "People lose property all the time, is this about envy?"

Skyfawn says, "I not see your name on the gates to the town"

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a arch wight squirms out from the darkness!

You say, "Who took it? The Dabbingses brought folks here."

An arch wight swings a closed fist at Elymir!
AS: +105 vs DS: +85 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +72 = +111
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Blow nicks Elymir's left hand.

Tjaran gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tjaran gestures.
A calm washes over an arch wight.

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.

Elymir glances at an arch wight.

You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Alyxandrah chuckles.

Kadesha blinks.

The wight moans evilly!

Sheka blinks.

Skyfawn gestures at an arch wight.
An arch wight is angered by Skyfawn's attack!
CS: +833 - TD: +60 + CvA: +25 + d100: +66 == +864
Warding failed!
A pall of silence settles over an arch wight.

Arimantis smirks.

Sheka says, "It attacked you."

The wight moans evilly!

An arch wight claws at you!
AS: +135 vs DS: +315 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +78 = -65
A clean miss.

Kadesha says, "yer critters don mind ye well"

You glance at an arch wight.

Ilvane asks, "A wight?"

Kadesha gestures at an arch wight.
CS: +738 - TD: +60 + CvA: +25 + d100: +5 == +708
Warding failed!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the arch wight's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
An arch wight freezes suddenly and begins to shake uncontrollably!
An arch wight turns to dust.

Elymir says, "Thralls..."

Elymir shakes his head.

Arimantis says, "Funny how you was the first thing it went fer"

Arimantis smirks.

You say, "Yes, they can be disobedient I hear tell."

You cough.

Alyxandrah says, "Like sentries."

You glance at Elymir.

Alyxandrah nods.

Sheka snickers.

A green energy surrounds the lich momentarily, a look of agony etched onto the face of the mage. The mystic field vanishes a heartbeat later, leaving the lich free of wounds.

Ilvane blinks.

Sheka blinks.

Elymir says, "Matters not."

Sheka says, "You are getting much stronger."

You say, "Nice magic."

Sheka nods to Elymir.

You ask, "Ye kill an empath to learn it?"

You cock your head at Elymir.

Ilvane says, "If only.."

Kadesha asks, "healing makes you hurt?"

Kadesha peers quizzically at Elymir.

Elymir laughs!

Ilvane says, "It could fix his skin."

Alyxandrah says, "And the smell."

Sheka pokes Alyxandrah in the ribs.

Arimantis nods.

Elymir says, "A pity, really."

Arimantis fiddles with the strings on his collectors satchel for a moment before opening its front flap.

Ilvane smiles slightly, glancing quickly at Elymir.

You ask, "What is the pity now?"

Kadesha says, "the smell? wasnt sure that Elymir or Sheka"

You peer quizzically at Elymir.

Sheka kicks Kadesha!

Sheka swears under her breath.

Elymir says, "That all of this will be nothing soon."

Elymir gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Alyxandrah asks, "Your statue?"

Alyxandrah looks rather confused.

Ilvane asks, "Why would you want control over nothing?"

As the lich points at Alyxandrah, mystical energy suddenly envelopes her.
Alyxandrah is stunned!

Kadesha says, "more like all ye nine be nothing soon"

Sheka asks, "And then what? What will you have rule over then?"

Kadesha says, "oblivion an such"

Sheka cocks her head at Elymir.

Ilvane says, "I'm not quite so sure of why you would want to destroy something that you want so much."

Tjaran asks, "Or is your wish to destroy?"

You ask, "So much malice in ye. Don't ye tire of such, Elymir?"

Elymir says, "Oh, we'll reshape the town in our image."

You cock your head at Elymir.

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Arimantis says, "All that time underground musta done somethin to his head"

Tjaran rolls his eyes.

Tjaran says, "Such vanity."

Alyxandrah says, "Can't say anything anymore."

Alyxandrah mutters under her breath.

Sheka says, "Some already have a head start."

Tjaran shakes his head at Elymir and clucks his tongue.

Sheka glances at Kadesha.

Sheka smirks.

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Tjaran, the storm engulfing him in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Tjaran looks like an oversized firefly!
... 15 points of damage!
Shocking jolt to forehead. Painful.
He is stunned!

You gasp.

You take a quick appraisal of Tjaran and find that he has minor bruises about the head.

You meditate over Tjaran.
Tjaran's head damage is transferred to you.

Elymir says, "Test not my patience, child."

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Sheka raises an eyebrow.

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Ilvane frowns.

Tjaran says, "Apparantly it is short."

Arimantis says, "You keep sayin we.. like if one the others gets the staff, you yourself have a chance"

Arimantis begins chuckling at Elymir.

You rub Tjaran.

Kadesha asks, "Sheka said she liked the lightning, cant ya show her one?"

Tjaran nods to you.

Elymir asks, "Do I not?"

Tjaran says, "I am fine."

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

Alyxandrah says, "Gavrail has a better chance of acquiring the staff than you do, I would think."

Alyxandrah says, "She is at least there."

Elymir howls with laughter!

Ilvane says, "I wouldn't say that you should trust them."

Arimantis asks, "You think that the one who gets it.. will not ultimatily abandon the others?"

Arimantis smirks.

Ilvane says, "Think of how you all trusted Thurfel."

You ask, "Shall ye have a game of touch-tag to decide the final winner amongst the nine of ye?"

Elymir asks, "Who says I'm here and not there?"

You cock your head at Elymir.

Elymir says, "So narrow minded."

Elymir shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Alyxandrah stares at Elymir.

Ilvane says, "All you each care about is power."

(Sheka reaches out.)

Sheka just touched Elymir.

Alyxandrah waves to Sheka.

Sheka says, "You're here."

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Sheka, the storm engulfing her in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Sheka looks like an oversized firefly!
... 15 points of damage!
Nasty shock to the head. Sheka looks dazed and confused.
She is stunned!

Alyxandrah chuckles.

You say, "Well, she got her lightning."

You cough.

Kadesha says, "can just imagine all the trustworthyness tween nine snakes, eh"

Skyfawn nods to you.

Kadesha turns to Elymir and cheers!

Arimantis says, "Each of you wants the power, that is obvious"

Kadesha ducks her head.

Sheka smirks.

Kadesha says, "better shootin that time"

Sheka says, "Such displays of power."

Elymir asks, "Do you not think I've plans already into effect, should one of my kind betray me... again?"

Sheka shakes her head.

Arimantis says, "Thurfel was yer leader.. back when you was alive. Now you all fight fer the position"

Elymir says, "So foolish you've become."

Sheka chuckles.

You ask, "And ye think the others have not?"

Ilvane says, "As if we are much better."

You cock your head at Elymir.

Ilvane clasps her hand over her mouth.

You say, "So ye all plot and plan."

Alyxandrah looks thoughtfully at Elymir.

You say, "And ye all will tear at each other."

Skyfawn nods to you.

Kadesha says, "I sure wouldnt want ta have ta trust nine snakes"

Elymir says, "And should it come down to it, child, the strongest one will acquire what is rightfully theirs."

Elymir glances at you.

Arimantis says, "Without a leader.. the council is nothin but a bunch of powerhungry corpses"

You ask, "And ye are the strongest of course?"

You cock your head at Elymir.

Arimantis asks, "And.. if that isn't you?"

Kadesha asks, "that means Goseana gets all nine ya then? seeins yer late?"

Kadesha peers quizzically at Elymir.

Elymir laughs hollowly.

Ilvane says, "I think that everyone thinks they are the strongest."

Sheka says, "Aslakian thinks himself the strongest I think of the lich's."

Ilvane says, "Pride always comes before a fall, though."

Alyxandrah nods to Sheka.

You say, "They each think they are."

Tjaran says, "Perhaps I should sell tickets for the "clash of the nine""

Arimantis says, "They all think themselves strongest"

Arimantis nods.

Elymir says, "Pity the fools, sympathize the ignorant... destroy the weak."

Sheka says, "We should gather them all at the tavern for a match"

Sheka snickers.

Tjaran asks, "And of course, the strong should rule, right?"

You put a razor-sharp rolaren falchion in your tooled-leather harness.

Alyxandrah says, "I like that. Sheka would fall under the weak category."

Alyxandrah smiles sweetly at Sheka.

Tjaran says, "That prospect is old."

Sheka glowers darkly at Alyxandrah.

Elymir says, "It matters not in the end."

Tjaran says, "And outdated."

Arimantis says, "Perhaps, we should jus sit back.. an let em destroy emselves."

You say, "Ye do realize though that often times even the strongest fails."

You say, "A little misstep is all it takes."

(Iscikella stares with steady eyes at Elymir.)

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Elymir says, "The strongest fails because they're not strong of mind, child."

Tjaran says, "And overconfidence helps that downfall as well, Isci."

Kadesha asks, "how is it nine undead puppets be thinkin any them the strongest?"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Keemac.

Kadesha ponders.

Arimantis nods to Tjaran.

Skyfawn enfolds Keemac in a warm embrace.

Sheka nods to Keemac.

Skyfawn takes her rightful place beside Keemac.

Alyxandrah asks, "Lich, are you angry? Are you filled with rage?"

Elymir turns around, and slowly approaches the statue of nine wizened halflings.

Arimantis says, "Overconfidence.. an underestimatin.."

Sheka says, "Nighty night"

Keemac enfolds Skyfawn in a warm embrace.

Sheka smirks.

Ilvane smiles at Elymir.

You ask, "Going back to rest, Elymir?"

You cock your head at Elymir.

Keemac nods to Sheka in greeting.

Kadesha asks, "the puppets strings pulling him back in the statue?"

Ilvane says, "Rest well, Elymir. In Ronan's sleep."

Elymir asks, "Rest? Why would I need rest?"

Skyfawn says, "and each one wanting the staff"

Elymir howls with laughter.

Ilvane just touched Elymir.

Tjaran says, "Chyeh..."

The lich gestures at Ilvane, spiraling coils of flames leaping from its fingertips. Somebody get some butter, Ilvane is toast!
... 35 points of damage!
Flame sets Ilvane's head alight like a torch. Burned beyond recognition.
* Ilvane drops dead at your feet!

Arimantis says, "Think he be eyein the others.."

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis stares at Elymir.

Tjaran glances at Elymir.

You gasp.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Ilvane, then fades into the body.

You kneel down.

You fling yourself on the body of Ilvane, wailing mournfully.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "So I die in my Lords name."

Arimantis kneels down.

Sheka grins at Ilvane.

Keemac sighs.

Arimantis just pulled Ilvane's lifeless body into his arms.

Tjaran kneels down.

Sheka snickers.

Elymir says, "As I said..."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "It's a wonderful way to die."

Tjaran just touched Ilvane.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the forehead.

Skyfawn rubs Ilvane gently.

(Iscikella glances up at Elymir.)

Tjaran glances at Elymir.

Kadesha says, "ye needs eternal rest, Elymir"

Elymir says, "Pity the fools, sympathize the ignorant, and destroy the weak."

Tjaran says, "Monster."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "Yes, he does."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "And I am hardly weak, though I may be dead."

Ilvane gives a ghostly chuckle.

You say, "Ye seem to need the essence of others, particularly the possessed, to keep yerself at full power, Elymir."

Tjaran says, "Your tricks are old, Elymir."

You say, "That I have seen."

Elymir returns to approaching the statue. Tendrils begin to swirl around him as his rotting flesh is slowly replaced by stone.

Arimantis says, "Sympathize the ignorent.. Ironic statement, comin from one who thinks the other lichs won't turn on him"

You take a quick appraisal of Ilvane and find that she has severe head trauma and bleeding from the ears.
She is also quite dead.

You meditate over Ilvane.
Ilvane's head damage is transferred to you.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka glances at Arimantis.

Tjaran yells, "And we have seen them all!"

Kadesha squints at Elymir.

You kiss Ilvane on the forehead.

Ilvane gives a ghostly chuckle.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You say, "ye know that is so, Elymir."

Kadesha says, "hrmm"

Skyfawn says, "and each one says they shall have to all"

The lich slowly becomes incorporated into the statue, and the statue becomes once again of ten wizened halflings.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "Perhaps he will have a good nights rest now."

Arimantis removes a blackened silver-bound prayerbook from in his rune-covered bag.
Arimantis removes a soft black tassled bookmark from in his silver-bound prayerbook.

Tjaran gazes up into the heavens.

Tjaran says, "Blast it..."

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "I would be glad for that, truthfully."

(Iscikella stares at the statue.)

Sheka says, "Until later."

Kadesha says, "puppet cant even stay out long"

(Sheka nods at the statue.)

Kadesha nods to Arimantis.

A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Kadesha!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right leg. Gonna need lots of butter.
She is knocked to the ground!
She is stunned!

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Arimantis encompassing Ilvane's corpse.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn gestures at Kadesha.
The glazed look leaves Kadesha.

Sheka kicks Kadesha!

Tjaran flinches.

Sheka snickers.

Kadesha says, "so much for touring his town"

Alyxandrah says, "He drained me, I doubt he's feeling quite weak right now."

Skyfawn meditates over Kadesha.
Skyfawn takes Kadesha's right leg damage.

Skyfawn meditates over Kadesha.
Skyfawn takes all of Kadesha's blood loss.

You think to yourself, "He will not answer about the lifeforce of others, but I know they need it. So they are not strong without it."

Keemac pulls Kadesha to her feet.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Ilvane gives a ghostly chuckle.

Arimantis continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ilvane say, "Well, being dead isn't so bad as being stone, really."

Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

(Iscikella watches the statues carefully.)

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

Tjaran hangs his head.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the forehead.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn concentrates.
Skyfawn's right leg looks better.

Arimantis gestures at Ilvane.
Arimantis suddenly looks very drained.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Ilvane in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Ilvane, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Ilvane awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

Tjaran says, "Blast..."

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn gestures at Arimantis.
The glazed look leaves Arimantis.

Skyfawn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Skyfawn gestures at Ilvane.
The glazed look leaves Ilvane.

Ilvane slowly empties her lungs.

Alyxandrah just went west.

Sheka asks, "Going to start your flesh bubbling and putridly writhing for him?"

Sheka cocks her head at you.

Kadesha rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka smirks.

You think to yourself, "I will figure ye out, Elymir. Teach. I will figure ye out."

Ilvane says, "That blasted lich is trying my patience."

Ilvane stands up.

Tjaran sits up.

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Skyfawn rubs Ilvane gently.

Arimantis stands up.

Arimantis ponders.

Skyfawn says, "they are all going against each other"

A gruff voice rises up next to your ear, "If only it will be in time... but I doubt it, child."

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Ilvane says, "We don't know that for sure."

Arimantis says, "I gots a good mind ta lightnin that statue"

Sheka says, "I would think the wise one would be more wary of his patience...not yours."

Arimantis smirks.

Skyfawn says, "all want the power"

Ilvane says, "We can only assume."

Sheka sneers at Ilvane.

Tjaran says, "The strong and the weak must coexist."

You say, "It will be in time, lich."

You say, "It will be."

(Iscikella stares at the statue.)

Tjaran says, "A collective of the strong will only end up in dispute."

Ilvane says, "Maybe he's sleeping."

Ilvane shuffles her feet.

You look at Ilvane and shake your head.

Ilvane breaks out in a silly grin.

You say, "Nae."

You say, "He spoke."

Skyfawn says, "he is listening"

Ilvane snaps her fingers.

You say, "He whispered."

Arimantis put a soft black tassled bookmark in his silver-bound prayerbook.
Arimantis just closed a blackened silver-bound prayerbook.

Ilvane asks, "I think he's hurt me enough for tonight, don't you?"

Arimantis put a blackened silver-bound prayerbook in his rune-covered bag.

Sheka asks, "Do you still burn within, Misguided One?"

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Ilvane snuggles up to Arimantis.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

(Sheka jabs sharply at Iscikella's stomach.)

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.


Kadesha gestures at Sheka.
You notice a small cloud form above Sheka.
Suddenly there is an uproar, with people screaming, "Mad Cleric! Quickly, someone call for the constable!"

Kadesha says, "bah"

You glower darkly at Sheka.

Ilvane begins chuckling at Kadesha.

You notice the storm cloud begin to churn rapidly!

Arimantis stares off into space.

Sheka glances at Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "looks like rain comin Sheka"

Sheka leans against a low mithril gate.

Keemac chuckles.

The storm cloud begins to build into a thunderhead!

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

Tjaran leans forward and rests his chin in his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face.

You hear the rumbling of thunder as the cloud turns an ominous dark hue!

Rubbing his hands gleefully, the Deputy suddenly rides up on a mule!
He glances at Kadesha and scoffs, "Thought we had some sort of lawless town 'ere, did ya? Well, this warrant for your arrest'll give you some time to think about law and order up here in the hills!"
With a quickness belied by his size, the deputy descends on Kadesha and before you know it, has her wrapped up like a package and thrown over the sagging back of the mule!
With a hearty laugh, the deputy rides off with his prisoner.

Tjaran gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tjaran gestures.
A strong breeze suddenly picks up and begins to blow around in different directions through the area!

The breeze scatters the cloud.
A dead cricket is suddenly picked up by the wind and blown west!

Ilvane grins.

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

Tjaran chuckles.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Sheka laughs!

Tjaran says, "Dead crickets CAN fly."

Arimantis begins chuckling at Tjaran.

You chuckle at Tjaran.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Sheka exclaims, "Oh but such entertainment this evening!"

Ilvane says, "You could have at least let it kill Sheka."

Sheka laughs!

Ilvane glances at Tjaran.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Tjaran clears his throat.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.
A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Tjaran says, "I apologize, my sense of humor, I cannot resist at times."

Ilvane shakes her head.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Sheka says, "Such a kind hearted thought Warrior."

Arimantis says, "Seems.. he tries ta kill anyone what speaks truth he don like.."

Sheka rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka sneers.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Ilvane says, "It would have been more amusing to see Sheka get what she deserves."

Keemac shifts his weight.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Arimantis grins at Ilvane.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Sheka smiles as she watches the Darkness rising from within Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "I am angry tonight."

Tjaran says, "Ilvane...Kadesha asked me to blow it away."

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Tjaran says, "I was only doing what she asked of me."

The strong breeze stops as suddenly as it arrived.

Ilvane says, "Couldn't be that I was stone for a good time tonight..had my neck nearly broken..my leg taken off, and set on fire."

(Ilvane glances with anger at the statue)

Sheka cackles!

Arimantis rubs Ilvane gently.

Ilvane sneers.

Ilvane paces back and forth.

Arimantis says, "You musta been too close to the truth, with somethin you said"

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane.

(Sheka hugs herself as she smiles smugly.)

Ilvane blinks.

Ilvane says, "Please don't."

You say, "Elymir was definitely... angry tonight."

Ilvane covers her ears.

Arimantis glances at Ilvane.

Tjaran says, "Worry not, Ilvane. You are alive and well, surrouned by loved ones."

You stand back up.

Skyfawn asks, "Ilvane what is wrong?"

Arimantis says, "Darn it Elymir.. Leave her alone"

Tjaran says, "Well..."

Tjaran turns to face Sheka.

(Ilvane steps back, looking weakened)

Ilvane suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Tjaran says, "Maybe not everyone."

Ilvane sits down.

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Ilvane's direction.

Sheka smirks.

Arimantis kneels down.

You cock your head at Ilvane.

Arimantis just touched Ilvane.



Button Link to Glinting Light (contd)