Entombed No More
Restday, day 27 of the month Lormesta in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
In this log I have highlighted the names of liches -- whenever they act/speak -- in yellow, Yfa's name -- whenever she acts/speaks -- in lime, and Thurfel's name -- whenever he acts/speaks in aqua. Since this is the first log where the lich names appear (and the only one where they appear en masse, thus far anyway), I thought doing this would make it a bit easier for folks to read.
***END NOTE***

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
The air is still, heavy with the closeness of the spruce and fir trees. The movement of a bird or squirrel high above in the trees sends a cascade of snow from the upper branches down onto the path.
Obvious paths: north, south, west.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

Stars begin to vanish from sight, a dark cloud slowly engulfing the sky, its form overtaking the evening.

Opalina gulps.

Sheka gazes up into the heavens.

You exclaim, "OH!"

Opalina says, "the stars"

You tilt your head up.

Sheka smiles coldly.

Nofret says, "Uh-oh."

You exclaim, "The stars!"

Arianiss says, "It's just a storm."

Alyxandrah's group just arrived.

Alyxandrah glances at you.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Elendr sighs.

Alyxandrah asks, "Should we stay in town...or play dangerously near the tomb?"

Arianiss grins at Alyxandrah.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"It could be the dark force....and not the Nine."

Arianiss grins at Alyxandrah.

Arianiss asks, "You need to ask?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"i've seen this happen before..."

Elendr says, "Take me to the tomb. Leave me there."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ravonprayer echo in your mind:
"Brace for impact."

You hear the faint thoughts of Fiachre echo in your mind:
"or just a cloud"

Alyxandrah says, "Well, we have the tendency of always standing in the danger zone."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"well they said before another day was past... that we'd be in for it..."

A rabid squirrel nips at Opalina!
AS: +15 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +8 = -350
A clean miss.

The arctic wolf scratches itself.

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
The path curves to avoid a fir tree so wide you cannot stretch your arms even halfway around it. The remaining trees around it seem dwarfed by its immense size, although they, too, tower high above you. You also see a kobold, a rabid squirrel and a kobold.
Also here: Garlatad
Obvious paths: north, southwest.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

Arianiss whispers, "I'm here by your side. Let's go."

A kobold swings a short sword at Opalina!
AS: +4 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +12 = -360
A clean miss.

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
A solitary wooden signpost stands at the head of a road leading southwest. It marks the intersection with a smaller trail leading east and west. Straw has been scattered on the snowy road, helping you maintain your footing as you continue on your way. You also see a rabid squirrel.
Obvious paths: east, west, southwest.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

A rabid squirrel scampers in!

Running heedlessly through the icy terrain, you slip on a patch of ice and flail uselessly as you land on your rear.

A rabid squirrel scampers east.

Alyxandrah's group just arrived.

Alyxandrah checks her footing.

Arianiss pulls you to your feet.

Not paying attention to the terrain, Alyxandrah clumsily slips on a patch of ice, landing comically on her rear.

A rabid squirrel scampers east.

Opalina says, "doesn't matter where we are going to be there's going to be a storm"

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
The pathway ends abruptly at a tangle of berry brambles and holly trees. Interestingly, there is a small, dark hole at the exact center of the thicket. A hidden songbird trills a melody that is suddenly cut off, leaving an uneasy silence behind.
Obvious paths: west.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ravonprayer echo in your mind:
"That's a bit too ominous of a cloud for this halfling's tastes."

Nofret says, "Magic doesn't work near the tomb."

Alyxandrah's group just arrived.

A rabid squirrel scampers in!

Alyxandrah's group wandered down a narrow trail.

[Icemule Pioneer Cemetary]
Row after row of tilted tombstones look like grey teeth jutting from the jaws of some fell snow beast. Small evergreens, their seeds dropped long ago by passing birds or animals, further distort some of the graves.
Obvious paths: north, east.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

An arctic wolf pads into the area.

Opalina just touched a white Koar symbol.

[Icemule Pioneer Cemetary]
A stone fountain lies on its side, half-buried in a drift of snow against the side of the mausoleum. The gravel path is just a faint impression under the snow, turning southwest around another bend in the building. You also see a skeleton.
Obvious paths: northwest, southwest.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

Arianiss whispers, "Wait"

A skeleton swings a dagger at Opalina!
AS: +10 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +2 + d100 roll: +19 = -362
A clean miss.

An arctic wolf pads into the area.

You cock your head at Arianiss.

A skeleton swings a dagger at Opalina!
AS: +10 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +2 + d100 roll: +91 = -290
A clean miss.

Arianiss says, "Interesting."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jedziah echo in your mind:
"What was that with the stars disappearing and the darkness enveloping the sky?"

A chill wind sweeps across the land, its touch like a spear of ice.

[Icemule Pioneer Mausoleum]
There are no doors to the building, just a gaping entry flanked by finely carved marble statues. Snow blown against the side of the building fills what appears to be an inscription on the door lintel, making it impossible to read. You also see some light leather.
Obvious paths: northeast.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

Sheka shivers.

Opalina shudders.

A skeleton just arrived!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"There is a cold wind..."

A skeleton swings a dagger at Sheka!
AS: +10 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +87 = -98
A clean miss.

Opalina says, "this is going to be a bad storm"

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier.
Also in the room: Robinblood, Elendr who is seated, Alyxandrah
Obvious exits: up.
Sheka, Nofret, Opalina and Arianiss followed.

Alyxandrah says, "Don't be a fool."

You hear the faint thoughts of Radgast echo in your mind:
"storm brewin we get some bad weather here from time to time?"

Robinblood nods to Alyxandrah.

Lady Sheka just went up.

Alyxandrah sighs.

Alyxandrah's group just went up.

You sense Atoyoz looking in on you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Reygne echo in your mind:
"I am think this aint gonna be no oridanry storm"

You shiver.

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"i'm going to scout the tomb..."

You say, "I don't think"

Elendr sighs heavily.

You shiver.

[Mausoleum, Grand Chamber]
The chamber is large, but quite simple, evidently designed to hold the large tomb resting upon the darkened soil of the floor. Great care was evidently put into the craftsmanship of the tomb, its form elegant and worthy of a hero. You also see an arctic wolf who is sitting.
Also in the room: Lord Benyark, Robinblood, Alyxandrah, Lady Sheka
Obvious exits: south.

Sheka cackles!

Lord Benyark entered a large canopied tomb.

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Some unseen force is preventing you from doing that.

Lord Benyark just arrived.

Alyxandrah says, "I am going to town...and keeping an eye there."

Sheka says, "It shall prove most amusing Princess"

Nofret just arrived.

Alyxandrah slides a gold ring off her finger.

Benyark nods to you in greeting.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Blessing weapons in TC"

You nod to Benyark in greeting.

Alyxandrah slides an intricate gold and brass ring on her finger.
Suddenly Alyxandrah vanishes!

Suddenly Alyxandrah appears in the room holding onto a ring she has just placed on her finger.

Sheka gestures at an arctic wolf.

Alyxandrah stares off into space.
Alyxandrah fidgets with her gold and brass ring.

Great Lord Atlanteax entered a large canopied tomb.

Benyark says, "the time has come it would seem"

Alyxandrah's group just went south.

The arctic wolf looks around suspiciously.

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier.
Also in the room: Great Lord Atlanteax, Arianiss, Lady Opalina, Elendr who is seated
Obvious exits: up.

Elendr asks, "Selanthian?"

Opalina shakes her head.

Lady Sheka just arrived.
Lord Benyark just arrived.

You glance at Elendr.

Arianiss peers quizzically at you.

Elendr asks, "What are you doing here? Still observing?"

You shudder.

Elendr chuckles.

Great Lord Atlanteax just went up.

Sheka paces back and forth.

Lord Benyark just went up.

[Mausoleum, Grand Chamber]
The chamber is large, but quite simple, evidently designed to hold the large tomb resting upon the darkened soil of the floor. Great care was evidently put into the craftsmanship of the tomb, its form elegant and worthy of a hero. You also see an arctic wolf who is sitting.
Also in the room: Lord Benyark, Nofret
Obvious exits: south.
Arianiss followed.

An arctic wolf pads into the room.

Nofret entered a large canopied tomb.

Arianiss whispers, "Go out"

Arianiss whispers, "Vague forms begin to take shape in the evening sky, the shadows darting across the stars far too fast to track."

[Icemule Mausoleum, Main Room]
Archways lead off in three directions from the main chamber of the mausoleum. Snow, spilling in from the open entryway, makes the ground somewhat slick. In between the arches are lancet-shaped niches holding large earthenware vases. You also see a large earthenware vase.
Also in the room: Great Lord Atlanteax
Obvious exits: north, northeast, northwest, out.
Arianiss followed.

An arctic wolf pads into the room.

Arianiss whispers, "Can't see anything from inside"

[Icemule Pioneer Mausoleum]
There are no doors to the building, just a gaping entry flanked by finely carved marble statues. Snow blown against the side of the building fills what appears to be an inscription on the door lintel, making it impossible to read. You also see a skeleton and some light leather.
Obvious paths: northeast.
Arianiss followed.

You say, "I'm fogging back to town."

An arctic wolf pads into the area.

You concentrate on the Spirit Guide spell...
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Icemule Trace, Ice Garden]
Alpine flowerbeds ring this tucked-away courtyard, their bright colors a feast for the eyes in comparison to the white of all the snow that lies beyond the gate. Tamped snow paths keep footsteps soft in this small haven as travellers make their way to and from the chambers north of here. Centered in a bed of white edelweiss and aromatic purple-flowered calamintha is an ice fountain, its watery spray frozen in a sparkling plume. You also see the Xayd disk, the Hhooru disk and a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Lord Arkans, Xayd, Damsall, Jarlstrom, Darcthundar, Great Lady Silversoft, Lady Raulda, Charra, Lord Zosopage, Lady Atoyoz, Dunite, Chomm, Olgretien, Hhooru, Lady Elaerina, Lord Haxley, Lord Catthief, Gradin, Journeyman Jiire, Dainslef, Ichiko, Nietze, Lord Perigourd, Lady Sherysse, Shadowean, Omnieloh, Lady Kaittee, Rawdune, Great Lord Grandevr, Monax
Obvious paths: north.
Arianiss followed.

Grandevr nods to Monax.

Haxley says, "Look alive...."

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Pieces of ice dot the street and one yard sports a small, carrot-nosed snowman. To the north looms the glacier, above the dwellings on the streets, with the Temple sitting atop it. Carved from the ice, the Temple gleams in the sun, giving those that live here an impressive view. You also see a snow-covered stone path and a wrought-iron gate.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.
Arianiss followed.

You feel light-headed, like you're about to faint!

You hear the faint thoughts of Jedziah echo in your mind:
"How is it in the tomb?"

Arianiss rubs you gently.

Arianiss touches you.

An arctic wolf pads into the area.

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"quiet..."

A halfling wizard just arrived.

The arctic wolf sits down.

You recover somewhat from your nausea.

Ravonprayer came through a wrought-iron gate.

The halfling wizard mutters, "Ya works hard all yer life, and for what? Ya finds nobody knows yer name!"

Ravonprayer says, "This is a bad night."

You glance at a halfling wizard.

Ravonprayer nods to you.

Ravonprayer nods to Arianiss.

You nod to Ravonprayer.

Arianiss says, "Possibly."

Hhooru's group came through a wrought-iron gate.

Arianiss clasps your hand tenderly.

Arianiss reaches out and holds Ravonprayer's hand.

Arianiss's group just went southwest.

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Small houses line the road, painted in a riot of bright colors. The dwellings follow no set plan, some with one story, others with two. Halflings wander down the road, waving to each other and stopping to converse. One halfling stands on a ladder, carefully touching up the paint on his roof while his wife looks on, giving orders.
Also here: Ravonprayer, Arianiss
Obvious paths: west, northeast.

Ravonprayer says, "Blasted Tierus."

Arianiss's group just went west.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Osaka disk, a mountain snowcat pelt, a snowshoe hare that is sitting, a reinforced shield and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Ravonprayer, Arianiss, Lady Opalina, Lady Valiria, Lord Chadoth, Lord Davlos, Apprentice Danzar, Lady Sheka, Fiachre, Lord Tjaran, Lady Nakitta, Amby, Robinblood, Alyxandrah, Callinar, Osaka, Zores, Daergyn, Jedziah who is sitting, Thermgoroth, Eugenides, Galenok, Flyt, Jacinto, Jestin, Reygne who is sitting, Glaves, Keriddwen, Lady Pyrocite, Valisix, Inultus who is sitting, Anguss, Lord Brediph, Sapphryn, Oprow who is kneeling, Apprentice Merjinia, Zehnduul, Kelgea, Malikary.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

The ground begins to tremble, something, or many somethings clearly moving beneath the soil.

Ravonprayer says, "He's not visible to my magical senses."

Daergyn starts jumping around like a twelve-year-old.

Daergyn exclaims, "ack!"

Jestin says, "Uh oh"

Kelgea shudders.

Sheka cackles!

Alyxandrah gasps.

Merjinia shudders.

Pyrocite says, "I'm a wizard. But I'm not feeling particularly noble this eve."

Arias says, "ut oh"

Tjaran asks, "Hmm?"

You exclaim, "The ground!"

An arctic wolf pads into the area.

Davlos stamps his feet.

Keriddwen checks her footing.

Valiria frowns.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"somethings under the ground"

Jacinto grins at Pyrocite.

Jacinto raises an eyebrow.

You check your footing.

Jacinto peers quizzically at you.

(Daergyn steps back, glancing franticly for somewhere to stand)

Valiria leans on you.

Jacinto whispers, "Might've been a person."

Valiria whispers, "this will not be pretty"

Jestin says, "Checking South gate"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"That should be something to beware of."

You shake your head.

You shiver.

Dranix moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

Robinblood whispers, "What's wrong?"

Sheka smirks.

Valiria nods to you.

You whisper quietly to Robinblood, "Aren't ye seeing? The moon... the stars... the ground... They are coming out!"

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Daergyn says, "what the.."

Robinblood whispers, "I saw a vague image in the sky"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"This is the Nine!"

Daergyn shudders.

Daergyn asks, "what just happened..?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Are you sure?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Don't ye feel them under our feet?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Rumbling the earth?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"I hear screaming high...up in the air."

You hear the faint thoughts of Daergyn echo in your mind:
"'tis happening... Steel yourselves, we are in fer a fight."

You hear the faint thoughts of Tierus echo in your mind:
"Tha ninth o' Nine. Yfa?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Libble echo in your mind:
"what's going on.. strange noises up in Pinefar?"

The stench of death fills the air, closely followed by a long lingering cry of death.

Keriddwen sneezes loudly!

Alyxandrah gasps.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The Nine, Libble! Watch yerselves!"

Robinblood blinks.

Sheka smiles chillingly.

Kelgea says, "bless you"

You hear the faint thoughts of Libble echo in your mind:
"stench of death now.. smells real bad"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"They are breaking the seals!"

Robinblood's face turns slightly pale.

You hear the faint thoughts of Sceolan echo in your mind:
"'smells like death"

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
Travellers go by at a dizzying pace. It is difficult to walk by without running into one of them. Walking sideways seems to be the only way to make any progress down the road.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

A snow bird just flew in.

You hear the faint thoughts of Sermoths echo in your mind:
"what does that mean?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Keriddwen echo in your mind:
"is anyone at the tomb now?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Talaren echo in your mind:
"' anyone watching the south gate ?"

A snow bird flies west.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Radgast disk, a rock ptarmigan that is flying around, a mountain snowcat pelt, a snowshoe hare that is sitting, a reinforced shield and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Kirresta, Lady Pyrocite, Arianiss who is sitting, Lord Davlos, Spinitzk, Krossis, Findaile, Lord Radgast, Kalynna, Mistomeer, Great Lord Seetha, Lord Chadoth, Apprentice Danzar, Lady Sheka, Lord Tjaran, Lady Nakitta, Robinblood, Alyxandrah, Callinar, Zores, Daergyn, Jedziah, Galenok, Flyt, Jacinto, Reygne who is sitting, Glaves, Keriddwen, Valisix, Inultus who is sitting, Sapphryn, Oprow who is kneeling, Apprentice Merjinia, Zehnduul, Kelgea, Malikary.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Aye"

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

Sheka cackles!

You hear the faint thoughts of Arias echo in your mind:
"im at south gate, nothin"

You hear the faint thoughts of Sceolan echo in your mind:
"'I'm at east gate, strange death cries"

(Iscikella touches her throat.)

A massive shadow cloaks the evening stars for a heartbeat, its form winged.

Robinblood glances at you.

You tilt your head up.

Alyxandrah gazes up into the heavens.

Daergyn says, "I'm checking around town.."

Sheka gazes up into the heavens.

Alyxandrah asks, "What is that?"

You hear the voice of Eugenides say, "Coming by air and under the ground."

Keriddwen shivers.

You exclaim, "A shadow!"

Sheka says, "A winged one...."

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
Travellers go by at a dizzying pace. It is difficult to walk by without running into one of them. Walking sideways seems to be the only way to make any progress down the road.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"A shadow, a winged shadow."

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Radgast disk, a rock ptarmigan that is flying around, a mountain snowcat pelt, a snowshoe hare that is sitting, a reinforced shield and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lord Nithin who is sitting, Stunseed, Malrocky, Lord Brediph, Lady Pyrocite, Arianiss who is sitting, Lord Davlos, Spinitzk, Krossis, Findaile, Lord Radgast, Kalynna, Mistomeer, Apprentice Danzar, Lord Tjaran, Lady Nakitta, Zores, Jedziah, Galenok, Flyt, Jacinto, Reygne who is sitting, Glaves, Keriddwen, Valisix, Inultus who is sitting, Sapphryn, Oprow who is kneeling, Apprentice Merjinia, Zehnduul, Kelgea, Malikary.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Arianiss babbles something unintelligible.

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"i suggest everyone in town hide in the bushes seiuosly"

You hear the voice of Eugenides say, "Spells are dropping and magic is failing it appears as well."

Jacinto drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready posture.

You notice Jacinto try to tiptoe silently by you.

Arianiss exclaims, "Alright. I'm ready. Bring it!"

Far asks, "why the smell of death?"

You hear the voice of Jacinto say, "Because it is here."

Lord Tierus just arrived.

Tierus exclaims, "Shadows... shadows an' blood, shadows an' blood!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"they're coming the tomb is shaking!"

Tierus yells, "Yfa!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Brace."

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"we need to be spread out"

You hear the faint thoughts of Arianiss echo in your mind:
"Be calm everyone."

Macabra asks, "Yfa?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Brieynne echo in your mind:
"Fair advice Arianiss"

(Tierus twitches, a merely imperceptible shiver running over his features. When it has finished, he is somehow different.)

Libble shivers.

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"the north fury group.... you shoudl come to town and spil up corners"

A pained expression crosses Merjinia's face.

Keriddwen shivers.

You shudder.

Tierus asks, "A winged shadow. The body that Thurfel promised, perhaps?"

Tierus stares off into space.

Tierus gazes up into the heavens.

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"work your way from town out"

You blink at Tierus.

You hear the voice of Jacinto say, "Perhaps, Tierus."

You hear the faint thoughts of Xulia echo in your mind:
"I sure da Fury kin devise dere own strategy, Muktare."

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"the town is more important. we just got the locksmith shop... lets not let it get destroyed"

Zores says, "so wat happened to da skies again"

Tierus says, "Madness runs tonight, my Sister Beneath the Jackal. Perhaps we shall bathe in blood."

Keriddwen says, "stay alive"

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"aye. im sure they have. but im giving pointers"

Malikary grins evilly.

You say, "A shadow."

Malikary licks a pair of long bloodstained fangs.

You hear the voice of Jacinto ask, "Having a time of it then, Terror?"

You say, "A winged shadows crossed the sky."

You notice Eugenides try to tiptoe silently by you.

Tsszar says, "are we being envaded or am i jest seeing things "

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"Im a skilled stategeist and general of my tribe"

Keriddwen says, "ye nae seeing things"

Sapphryn shivers.

You shiver.

Xulia glances at you.

Xulia hugs you.

Pyrocite says, "I suppose this with be quite bloody."

Xulia waggles her fingers mystically. Ooh...impressive.

You ask, "Did ye see it, Xulia?"

You say, "A shadow with wings..."

Xulia glances at you.

Xulia asks, "See?"

You tilt your head up.

Xulia gawks at you.

Xulia exclaims, "No!"

Xulia flails her arms about.

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"they are devouring our souls..."

[Icemule Trace, North Road]
Crowds of people bustle up this road, on their way to one place or another. Several groups of warriors stride to the north, clad in warm furs and mufflers, while others in cassocks and robes walk more slowly, making signs of blessing at expectant women and small children.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Be comforted in that. If this were your tribe....that'd matter."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"For now, trust the Fury to do there work."

Magsme hugs you.

You recite:
"Lumnis, grant counsel!"

You tilt your head up.

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
Several groups of adventurers jostle past you on their way through the South Gate. The sounds of laughter from the west remind you of the inns and taverns back home. You notice that the lowest part of the walls are darker stone than the top, a sign that this fortification had been raised at some point in the past. You also see an old beer barrel.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

The sky darkens completely, all starlight buried under a cloud of blackness.

Lady Valiria just arrived.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The sky!"

Valiria says in guild speak, "uh oh"

Valiria gazes up into the heavens.

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"Rather dark night"

You hear the faint thoughts of Tierus echo in your mind:
"It begins!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"A bit."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"there are no stars..."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"all is blackness..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"its all.... just.. blackness..."

Valiria gazes up into the heavens.

You hear the faint thoughts of Eugenides echo in your mind:
"Keep the light in yourselves."

You hear the faint thoughts of Cacalia echo in your mind:
"Grammy? I'm outside south gate..if something happens to me."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"Be well on your guard brave town, tonight.. no one is safe"

You hear the faint thoughts of Xulia echo in your mind:
"We gunna all die tanites?"

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a golden beeswax candle, a golden beeswax candle, a snowshoe hare that is sitting, the Sermoths disk, the Trevilyn disk, a rock ptarmigan that is flying around, a mountain snowcat pelt, a reinforced shield and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Daergyn, Lord Cotic, Lord Magsme, Spinitzk, Lord Far, Great Lord Rayzinark, Oscr, Lord Ericus, Lord Davlos, High Lord Macatac, Stunseed, Sceolan, Thermgoroth, Lady Sheka, Callinar, Robinblood, Alyxandrah, Great Lady Jadedlilly, Lady Tesserah, Lord Vandyll who is sitting, Galenok, Xulia, Lord Trevilyn, Zores, Lady Libble, Jacinto, Lord Nithin who is sitting, Lady Pyrocite, Arianiss who is sitting, Lord Tjaran, Lady Nakitta, Jedziah, Reygne, Keriddwen, Valisix, Malikary.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Jacinto moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

You whisper quietly to Alyxandrah, "They were drained, in the tomb."

[Icemule Trace, North Road]
The air takes on a definite chill here. To the north, you can see the gleam of sunshine reflecting off ice, and it seems the road is headed straight into the glacier. To the north and east, the Temple rises above the city on a hill of ice, watching over the city and shining like a polished crystal.
Also here: Great Lady Drexla
Obvious paths: north, south.

You tilt your head up.

Xulia's group just arrived.

Xulia exclaims, "Yfa!"

You nod to Xulia.

Xulia chews on her fingernails.

Xulia exclaims, "I met her, she scary!"

Zacciwie just arrived.

You say, "She has been summoned forth."

Xulia flails her arms about.

Xulia gawks at you.

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You shiver.

Xulia asks, "Summoned'd?"

Zacciwie rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You nod to Xulia.

Drexla says, "so, it lives again does it"

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Xulia says, "She werent so nice."

Zacciwie asks, "old scared bones?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Catthief echo in your mind:
"Ye gods...Fury...be ready..."

You shake your head.

Zacciwie says, "eer chared"

Drexla says, "It has died before, it will die again"

Zacciwie wails!

Drexla nods to Xulia.

You say, "the spirit."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"I will man the Ice cave fogging spot"

Drexla says, "Have faith"

Drexla shrugs.

Xulia asks, "Da Yfa'll die agins?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Nietze echo in your mind:
"What is it we're facing?"

Zacciwie nods to Xulia.

Xulia chews on her fingernails.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"We'll know soon."

Zacciwie says, "she'll be sent to Lorminstra"

Zacciwie snickers.

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"Elendr?"

Xulia says, "She were so in love wif Thurfels."

Xulia scratches her head.

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"Are you faring well?"

Xulia says, "I bet she were lyin or.. I dunno."

Xulia grumbles.

You hear the faint thoughts of Elendr echo in your mind:
"She's here."

Drexla says, "I think more using"

Xulia nods to Drexla.

Xulia exclaims, "I bet yer right!"

You say, "I don't think she loves anyone now... if she ever did."

Xulia nods to you.

Xulia says, "I tink she loves herselfs more din anyfing."

Xulia nods to you.

Drexla says, "Herself perhaps"

Drexla nods to Xulia.

Xulia beams happily at Drexla!

Xulia starts jumping around like a twelve-year-old.

Galenok grins.

You hear the faint thoughts of Xulia echo in your mind:
"Whars dat Yfa?"

Galenok asks, "Well, so what's up?"

Xulia exclaims, "Puddin sakes dis is kinda scary!"

Xulia flails her arms about.

You shiver.

Galenok says, "I'll send for a bit of spirit spells."

Zacciwie glances at Xulia.

Zacciwie gazes up into the heavens.

Xulia nods to Zacciwie.

Galenok rubs Xulia gently.

Xulia exclaims, "Tis!"

Lord Benyark just arrived.

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"if anyone sees my sheep, could you please get them to safety!"

Xulia nods.

***Lot of spelling up of Galenok by Iscikella***

Galenok says, "Ye'll be fine"

Zacciwie says, "don't be scared. it only feeds Sheru"

Drexla says, "Well, it appears the witch is up and about again"

Drexla nods to Galenok.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Will do, ma'am."

Xulia says, "I kint feed Sheru, I fight dat lil bugger."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ocryus echo in your mind:
"Hmm... Th' east guard has run off..."

Galenok says, "Thanks Isci"

You hear the faint thoughts of Reygne echo in your mind:
"run off?"

Xulia nods to Zacciwie.

Xulia glances at Drexla.

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"whos posting east gate?"

You ask, "Xulia?"

Somewhere distant, a long cry of anguish and agony sounds.

Zacciwie blinks.

Drexla mutters under her breath.

You gasp.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Ware the Tomb."

Galenok says, "I'm mana'd out"

Drexla says, "I don't like agony..."

Xulia peers quizzically at you.

You say, "No worries."

Galenok says, "uh oh"

Drexla says, "Unless I'm causing it"

Benyark says, "that might be Elendr..."

Drexla whistles tunelessly to herself.

Xulia exclaims, "Wha?!"

Xulia gulps.

***Lot of spelling up of Xulia by Iscikella***

Benyark says, "i fear he is lost... with his will to fight"

Xulia beams happily at you!

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You hear the faint thoughts of Sceolan echo in your mind:
"'I'm at east gate"

Xulia exclaims, "Tankees, M'am!"

Benyark says, "last i was in the tomb... the Nine devoured a piece of my soul to use as strength"

Xulia points north.

Galenok smiles at Xulia.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nofret echo in your mind:
"Trouble."

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"tormented souls"

Xulia asks, "We worryin bout fires from north?"

Benyark says, "along with everyone that stood by me"

Galenok asks, "So ye wanna have fun tonight?"

Xulia asks, "Or we worryin bout eberyting nows?"

Drexla gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You hear the faint thoughts of Far echo in your mind:
"it be a prophesy"

You hear the faint thoughts of Pyrocite echo in your mind:
"I haven't seen one of those in awhile. I almost miss them."

You hear the faint thoughts of Tjaran echo in your mind:
"If anyone needs a 30th train ranger for reinforcements, let me know. I have been itching to make an impact."

Galenok says, "I'm thinking we're gonna wether we want to or not."

Xulia chews on her fingernails.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ravonprayer echo in your mind:
"Can someone get Tierus out of the tomb? Good Gods, my senses tell me that he is... dancing."

You say, "Those won't last too long, the walls."

Galenok nods to you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"I'll try."

You say, "But will help."

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"Just close it up"

Xulia hugs you.

Benyark says, "tonight is the night when all Darkness strikes i believe..."

Xulia says, "Tankees, M'am."

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a snowshoe hare that is sitting, a golden beeswax candle, a golden beeswax candle, a rock ptarmigan that is flying around, a reinforced shield and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lord Arias, Lord Pitspawned, Anguss, Lady Libble, Proteaus, Lady Pyrocite, Celestrianna, Great Lord Talaren, High Lord Macatac, Tsszar who is lying down, Zehnduul, Kelgea, Gormand, Kirresta, Oscr, Lord Ericus, Thermgoroth, Great Lady Jadedlilly, Lord Vandyll who is sitting, Arianiss who is sitting, Lord Tjaran, Jedziah, Reygne, Keriddwen, Valisix.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nofret echo in your mind:
"One of the iron bars in the tomb just broke."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Dancing?"

Arianiss swears fluidly and vividly.

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
Several groups of adventurers jostle past you on their way through the South Gate. The sounds of laughter from the west remind you of the inns and taverns back home. You notice that the lowest part of the walls are darker stone than the top, a sign that this fortification had been raised at some point in the past. You also see an old beer barrel.
Also here: Lady Tesserah, Jacinto, Ravonprayer
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

A snowshoe hare hops into the area.

Jacinto says, "I know him relatively well."

Ravonprayer nods to Jacinto.

Jacinto sighs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Best to leave the tomb we can not use magic there"

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
Snow crunches beneath your feet as you walk along the narrow path through the forest. The air is cold and crisp, and filled with the sharp scent of pine. Startled by your approach, an owl takes flight from the cover of a nearby tree. It passes so close you feel the rush of air from its wings. You also see a crystal gate.
Obvious paths: south, east.

A low keening cry rises slowly from somewhere you cannot define.

You belt out, "M'lord Thurfel?"

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier. You also see some silver coins.
Also in the room: Jarlstrom, Mnar, Zores, Daergyn, Aranrhod, Lady Sheka, Robinblood, Alyxandrah, Lady Cacalia, Lady Opalina, Nofret, Lord Tierus, Elendr who is seated, Lord Perigourd
Obvious exits: up.

You hear the faint thoughts of Darra echo in your mind:
"Bah! What's going on now?"

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

Perigourd glances at you.

You blink.

Alyxandrah says, "Someone put him out of his misery..."

Daergyn says, "'twas the same afore.. People are acting strange.."

Robinblood whispers, "Bar just came off"

Opalina says, "Iscikella another bar fell off"

Elendr smiles slightly.

Sheka glances at you.

Daergyn says, "that one by the gate.."

You blink at Opalina.

Sheka smiles slowly.

Perigourd whispers, "the possessed shouldn't be in the tomb at the time of it's near opening.. only gives them easier hold on ya"

Alyxandrah's group just went up.

Opalina exclaims, "It did!"

Elendr hugs his knees and sways side to side.

Lord Catthief just arrived.

Opalina says, "I saw it"

Daergyn says, "How do i check the bars? I can't see them"

(Tierus lets out a deranged-sounding howl in the direction of the iron bars.)

You say, "There was... a cry..."

You say, "Of agony."

Perigourd glances at you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Darra...yah might wanna head out or yer symbol will snap"

Perigourd asks, "from where?"

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Elendr cocks his head.

Zores says, "i heard it also"

You say, "Everywhere."

Zacciwie just arrived.

Catthief nods to Perigourd.

Lord Benyark just arrived.

Opalina asks, "why?"

Zacciwie gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Cacalia frowns.

Perigourd reaches out and holds Catthief's hand.

You hear the faint thoughts of Arianiss echo in your mind:
"Nofret, any further information?"

Tierus stares at Nofret.

Catthief chuckles.

Aranrhod says, "You know the entity in Tianni cast at the bars"

Perigourd blinks at Catthief.

Tierus exclaims, "Ye mus' 'elp me!"

Jarlstrom nods to Perigourd.

(Aranrhod glances at the bars)

You cock your head at Tierus.

Ravonprayer's group just arrived.

You hear the faint thoughts of Trevilyn echo in your mind:
"any one seen any deaths around??"

Jacinto sighs.

Jacinto stares at Tierus.

Catthief nods to Perigourd.

A low keening cry full of agony and pain fills your ears, setting your teeth on edge and making the hairs on your scalp tingle.

You shiver.

Ravonprayer says, "Tierus, you idiot! End this madness."

Jarlstrom nods.

You hear the faint thoughts of Darra echo in your mind:
"but from the way people talking I would say yer all dead and just dont know it."

Zacciwie asks, "where is that monk? Tiaza was her name?"

You say, "That cry..."

You cover your ears.

Elendr says, "Anyone got some hot cocoa? I could sure go for a mug right now."

Elendr sighs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Belthania echo in your mind:
"na we are all fine so far"

Tierus says, "Ah am tryin'. Ah wish tae be united wif 'er fer eternity."

Jacinto says, "Tierus."

Ravonprayer says, "Yours is a wish that must not be granted."

Ravonprayer looks over at Tierus and shakes his head.

Catthief grins.

Daergyn says, "I think we all could use some hot cocoa.. or something"

Zores hauls off and slaps Tierus up'side his head!

You say, "She is gone. Tiaza."

Perigourd whispers, "what cry are you hearin'?"

Ravonprayer says, "Think of your town, at the least."

Jacinto says, "There's real healthy non mad women that care for you."

Jacinto nods to Mnar.

Zacciwie frowns.

You hear the muted thoughts of Atoyoz touch your mind:
"How are you doing m'lady?"

Tierus says, "Me town..."

Tierus stares off into space.

Nofret asks, "What cry, Iscikella?"

Catthief nods.

You say, "A cry of pain..."

Tierus says, "Yfa is a part o' 'Mule."

You say, "Agony."

Perigourd asks, "can you tell the source?"

Perigourd peers quizzically at you.

Ravonprayer says, "Yfa shall be its destroyer."

Nofret says, "I heard nothing."

You look at Perigourd and shake your head.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Tierus turns away from Ravonprayer, ignoring him.

You focus your mind on Atoyoz and think:
"Managing. How are ye doing?"

Zores says, "i wish i was stronger"

Jarlstrom paces back and forth.

Alyxandrah whispers, "I hate this...I know not where to be."

Zores searches around for a moment.

(Sheka studies the barricade.)

Zacciwie glances at Sheka.

Perigourd whispers, "any clue as to who's crying in' pain?"

Daergyn nods.

Zacciwie wails!

Benyark asks, "anyone on Thurfel's Island?"

Sheka paces back and forth.

(Tierus slams his fists against the iron barrier.)

Zores searches around for a moment.

Daergyn says, "as do I"

You whisper quietly to Alyxandrah, "I have the same problem."

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"watch out fer fallin birds"

Perigourd blinks at Tierus.

You hear the faint thoughts of Xulia echo in your mind:
"Lil birdies!"

Elendr says, "Anyone want to go get me a mug of hot cocoa? I could really use one."

Daergyn says, "I'll fall fighting, though"

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"Delivery service"

You exclaim, "The Nine!"

Daergyn raises his hand.

Elendr fidgets.

You hear the faint thoughts of Darra echo in your mind:
"A flock of birds soars overhead, only to erupt into flames. Their tiny charred corpses slowly flitter to the ground."

You glance at Perigourd.

Daergyn says, "I'll run and get drinks"

Daergyn grins.

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Sheka asks, "You wish servants now?"

Alyxandrah asks, "The Nine what?"

Sheka glances at Elendr.

Perigourd blinks at you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Galenok echo in your mind:
"kinda like fried chicken"

Nofret asks, "What about the Nine?"

You say, "He asked me who is crying in pain..."

The wood of the barrier buckles, leaving only a few bent bars as protection.

Catthief says, "So...this is it..."

Elendr smiles at Daergyn.

You exclaim, "The Nine!"

You hear the muted thoughts of Atoyoz touch your mind:
"Trying to stay calm and prepare for what is ahead of us."

Aranrhod just arrived.

Elendr says, "Thanks."

Perigourd whispers, "why would they be screaming in pain and agony if they're about to be free?"

Sheka cackles!

Tierus throws his head back and howls!

Aranrhod says, "Dead birds in town"

Tierus exclaims, "She shall soon be mine!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jardain echo in your mind:
"can someone please tell me why a flock of birds burnt up and fell?"

Alyxandrah slowly empties her lungs.

Daergyn says, "I hear nothing.. Hope i don't miss anything"

Jacinto nods to Mnar.

Daergyn asks, "anyone else want something from town?"

You duck slightly and cover your head with your arms.

Zores says, "you didnt hear da agony"

Elendr hugs his knees and sways side to side.

Daergyn shakes his head.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Bars coming off the tomb..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ocryus echo in your mind:
"Somethin' wicked this way comes, Jardain."

Alyxandrah bites her lip.

Mnar shrugs.

Daergyn says, "Nae can concentrate"

You hear the faint thoughts of Thermgoroth echo in your mind:
"well they couldnt keep flying after being burned could they?"

Perigourd whispers, "i'd suggest you not be here when it opens.. would most likely be bad"

Alyxandrah asks, "Where is Thurfel?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at you.

Daergyn says, "I'm running t' town, checking the scene, and getting cocoa"

Daergyn's group just went up.

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"It would appear Yfa will try to make her move this eve"

Tierus exclaims, "Tierus, you will soon be dead if you do not stop this. I command you to end your ridiculous obsession." He frowns, and shakes his head. "Terror, ye 'ave nae sway o'er me!"

Mnar says, "I'm not a citizen of this town, I can't make that decision for you."

You hear the faint thoughts of Darra echo in your mind:
"I be hidden where undead midgets cant see me. When ya sees em tell me where and I will end their miserable existance."

Alyxandrah asks, "Why isn't he here??"

(Iscikella stares at the barrier.)

You say, "I don't know, Alyx."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ocryus echo in your mind:
"Tomb is openin'..."

You say, "I tried to contact..."

The keening cry rises in pitch, it's sound all but deafening.

You shiver.

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly at Alyxandrah.

You say, "I keep hearing... cries..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Nofret echo in your mind:
"The wood of the barrier in the tomb is gone. Only a few bars remain to contain the Nine."

You cover your ears.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Get out, we can not recover you there"

Ravonprayer asks, "Yfa is just a dead woman, no?"

Ravonprayer peers quizzically at you.

Elendr glances at you.

Jacinto says, "Oddly."

Sheka says, "You always did hear things not happening."

Alyxandrah says, "Yfa is hardly dead..."

Sheka nods to you.

Alyxandrah glances at Elendr.

Jacinto says, "Terror's being logical."

Sheka smirks.

Tierus asks, "Death an' life. Life an' death... dae they matter at all?"

Jacinto says, "This is bad."

Sheka taps a huge charred skull.

You hear the faint thoughts of Valiria echo in your mind:
"we cant fog there"

Elendr hums distractedly to himself.

Sheka says, "Of course she isn't"

Alyxandrah glances at Sheka.

Tierus just opened a silver book locket.

Tierus removes a piece of blood-red jade from in his book locket.

Daergyn's group just arrived.

Tierus raises his blood-red jade skyward!

Sheka says, "These fools refuse to listen"

Daergyn asks, "It opened?"

Alyxandrah says, "That skull grinned at me...I don't trust that would be Yfa's."

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

Sheka says, "These fools refuse to listen"

Jacinto nods to Perigourd.

Sheka shrugs.

Daergyn asks, "Zores, ye wish t' come, or stay here fer now?"

Tierus growls ferociously!

Jacinto grins at Perigourd.

Daergyn nods.

Zores says, "atleast i wont die alone"

Daergyn says, "Be back"

Tierus says, "Faster, Yfa. Push 'em 'wiy faster! We mus' be reunited."

Another iron bar shatters into nothing more than metal splinters.

Daergyn's group just went up.

(Elendr quietly traces over the image on his shield with his finger.)

Aranrhod blinks.

Jacinto grins at Perigourd.

You blink.

Alyxandrah glares at Tierus.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nofret echo in your mind:
"Another iron bar shattered into nothing."

Aranrhod just tried to pull Tierus towards her!

Aranrhod exclaims, "Stop!"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Shattering... all the bars on the tomb... shattering."

Tierus says, "An' then, ye shall be mine fere'er."

Sheka says, "Leave him be."

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Just be quiet, Tierus. Just...stop!"

Sheka glowers darkly at Aranrhod.

Jacinto grins at Perigourd.

Alyxandrah says, "She doesn't want you, Tierus."

Ravonprayer looks over at Aranrhod and shakes his head.

Alyxandrah looks over at Tierus and shakes her head.

Jacinto says, "Terror."

Alyxandrah says, "Dunna be a fool."

Ravonprayer asks, "Is there even a trace of sense left in his head?"

Jacinto asks, "Can you knock him out?"

Sheka says, "Let him find out the hard way."

You hear the faint thoughts of Zacciwie echo in your mind:
"i'd run far away from the tomb if i were you"

Nofret says, "At this point, even I don't want you, Tierus."

Sheka smiles cruelly.

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

(Iscikella points at the barrier.)

Jacinto grins at Perigourd.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "Just a few bars left..."

Strayla nods to you in greeting.

You shudder.

Alyxandrah exclaims, "I will not let him cheer for her and learn only after we have all fallen dead at his feet!"

Tierus says, "I can always hit his head against something hard, but it would probably break the barrier."

Elendr sighs softly.

Tierus glances at Jacinto.

Sheka says, "Help them break free"

Xulia glances at Elendr.

Jacinto says, "Your choice."

Sheka pokes you in the ribs.

Jacinto nods to Tierus.

Alyxandrah glances at Tierus.

Xulia asks, "Yew okies dere?"

Xulia peers quizzically at Elendr.

Sheka says, "Help them"

Alyxandrah says, "Tierus..."

Nofret says, "Hit his head against the wall."

You glare at Sheka.

(Tierus shifts his eyes back to the barrier and begins his frantic bashing again.)

Sheka smirks.

You hear the faint thoughts of Michalie echo in your mind:
"'is the tomb open?"

Xulia stares at Tierus.

Jacinto says, "I accept that there's two of you."

Jacinto nods to Tierus.

You exclaim, "Tierus!"

Elendr says, "It's the waiting that's getting to me. Just the waiting."

You exclaim, "Don't!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"It's getting there, Michalie."

Ravonprayer just tried to pull Tierus towards him!

Tierus suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

You hear the faint thoughts of Benyark echo in your mind:
"not yet... only a few bars hold it"

Tierus exclaims, "She... is... mine!"

Jacinto says, "Tierus. Look at yourself."

Tierus hurls himself at Ravonprayer!
Tierus flies a bit wide and lands in a heap on the ground.

Jacinto says, "See what you are doing."

Elendr glances at Tierus.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Strayla stretches.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jadedlilly echo in your mind:
"I will defend my town till the bitter end which ever way it falls"

Alyxandrah stares at Tierus.

The pitch of the keening cry intensifies into a high wail of assault.

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

Xulia squints.

Elendr asks, "Does anyone mind if I shut him up?"

Ravonprayer says, "If you were not so much taller than me, this would be almost humorous."

Alyxandrah says, "Sometimes, I feel so sorry for men."

You hear the faint thoughts of Muktare echo in your mind:
"when that last bar is broken i hope everyon is in the bushes"

Galenok nods to Perigourd.

Lady Pyrocite just arrived.

Benyark says, "now is the time to face your fears..."

You say, "I hear them..."

Benyark says, "not cower..."

Xulia nods to Alyxandrah.

Pyrocite glances at Benyark.

Catthief glances at Perigourd.

Xulia glances at you.

Elendr frowns.

Pyrocite runs her hand softly over the surface of her crimson glaes symbol. A crimson glow surrounds the symbol as its surface shimmers for a moment with the image of a black jackal's head on a field of gold.

Sheka asks, "What do you hear?"

Perigourd glances at Catthief.

Sheka stares at you.

Xulia asks, "Ya hear dems?"

Elendr hugs his knees and sways side to side.

(Alyxandrah glances at what remains of the barrier.)

Tierus stands up.

You nod.

You shiver.

Catthief checks his footing.

Xulia gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Jacinto taps a sickle-shaped grey pearl pendant.

Jacinto bows to Sheka.

Strayla nods to Jacinto.

Xulia rubs a crescent-cut amethyst symbol.

Sheka glances at Jacinto.

You hear the faint thoughts of Riyace echo in your mind:
"born and raised in mule! now way im lettin undead bast.... take it over!"

Sheka nods to Jacinto.

Sheka nods to Strayla.

Tierus exclaims, "Tierus, pull yourself free from Zelia. You are Sheru's, not hers!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Kiriane echo in your mind:
"I long for the battle."

Xulia squints.

Tierus exclaims, "Terror... go awiy!"

Xulia glances at Tierus.

Sheka says, "Hello Strayla. It's been a while."

Jacinto grins at Sheka.

Strayla nods to Sheka.

Strayla asks, "Perhaps not long enough?"

Jarlstrom sings:
"It's da end o da werld as we know it
It's da end o da werld as we know it
An I feel fine"

As Nyrithorn lightly touches his skull amulet, his expression goes blank for a moment.

Sheka says, "Never is."

Sheka smirks.

Nofret says, "Listen to Terror on the subject of Yfa, anyway."

Perigourd pokes Jarlstrom in the ribs.

Alyxandrah glances at Jarlstrom.

Perigourd says, "not the end of the world"

Alyxandrah asks, "Can you not do that?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Geladrin echo in your mind:
"This is nothing you should long for, many of your townsmen, including yourself, may die."

Jarlstrom nods to Strayla in greeting.

You hear the faint thoughts of Findaile echo in your mind:
"as am I Riyace, this is my Home"

Perigourd says, "just another battle to be fought"

Xulia exclaims, "Yfa dunt love yew, Tierus!"

You shiver.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nietze echo in your mind:
"Is all of icemule in Voln at this point?"

Xulia mutters under her breath.

Alyxandrah says, "Yfa loves only one person..."

Galenok grins at Xulia.

You say, "Yfa loves Yfa."

Tierus says, "Yfa loves me... fer eternity."

Alyxandrah says, "And he doesn't love her."

Jacinto says, "They're both two weak to finish it, Nofret."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Pyrocite glances at Tierus.

You hear the faint thoughts of Zehnduul echo in your mind:
"nae"

You hear the faint thoughts of Keriddwen echo in your mind:
"should we be?"

Jacinto says, "Too."

Jacinto slowly empties his lungs.

Pyrocite says, "And that's what she'll give you, too. Eternity."

Xulia looks over at Tierus and shakes her head.

Elendr says, "I wonder when that guy will be back here with my cocoa."

Keisarvexious chuckles.

Sheka asks, "You wish a souveneir of her?"

Alyxandrah places her hand on her crimson crab pendant.

Elendr furrows his brow.

Sheka cocks her head at Tierus.

Keisarvexious says, "Here we are"

Xulia says, "I spoken ta her. She dunt love yew."

Sheka taps a huge charred skull.

Scrag's group just arrived.

Strail asks, "Has anything out of the ordinary happened here yet?"

Elendr frowns.

Strayla asks, "You all right?"

Elendr asks, "really?"

Elendr sighs.

Alyxandrah just hugged Scrag.

Strayla squints at you.

Scrag just hugged Alyxandrah.

Scrag exclaims, "I've come to save the day!"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"I'm not sure anyplace will be... safe."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ravonprayer echo in your mind:
"This is madness."

Michalie begins chuckling at Scrag.

Xulia throws back her head and roars with laughter!

Jacinto waves a hand at Scrag, dismissing him indifferently.

You hear the faint thoughts of Seetha echo in your mind:
"I sincerely hope we have many clerics and empaths available if things get ugly"

(Tierus shudders, focusing his glare upon the bars once again.)

Scrag says, "Cause ya all know I's the smartest pirate around."

You shiver.

Xulia says, "Nope My pappy is."

Daergyn removes a mug of creamy hot cocoa from in his canvas knapsack.

Xulia waves a hand at Scrag, dismissing him indifferently.

Strayla nods to Jacinto.

Daergyn says, "Cocoa here"

Scrag exclaims, "No way!"

Strayla smiles faintly.

Scrag asks, "Who yer pappy?"

You whisper quietly to Alyxandrah, "I have no clue what to do."

Xulia exclaims, "Sev!"

You pace back and forth.

Xulia snorts.

Tierus says, "Flowers an' wine ah've brought fer ye, me Yfa."

Scrag exclaims, "Bah!"

Strayla leans on her falchion.

You wring your hands.

Alyxandrah whispers, "Neither do I..."

Jarlstrom exclaims, "cocoa!"

Xulia stares at Tierus.

Sheka says, "Probably some rabid kobold."

Perigourd says, "wish sev were here"

Alyxandrah just tried to pull Tierus towards her!

Daergyn says, "who wanted the hot cocoa? I figure I might as well help where i can, I'll pale compared t' the undead"

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina touch your mind:
"I just got a message"

Scrag exclaims, "No ship can destroy the grumpy kobold!"

Elendr grins at Daergyn.

You hear the faint thoughts of Truekillr echo in your mind:
"Good evening friends of Icemule."

Elendr exclaims, "Me!"

Keisarvexious chuckles.

You focus your mind on Opalina and think:
"What was it?"

Daergyn offers Elendr a mug of creamy hot cocoa.

Elendr beams happily at Daergyn!

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina touch your mind:
"short and sweet"

Jacinto says, "Tierus."

Elendr accepts Daergyn's creamy hot cocoa.

Tierus removes a goblet of spring wine from in his jackal fur cloak.

Elendr exclaims, "Thanks much!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Strayla echo in your mind:
"Truekillr..."

Daergyn exclaims, "The last one, too!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina touch your mind:
"A voice within your head hisses "The time is almost near, soon you will be lost."

Jarlstrom taps Daergyn lightly on his shoulder.

Sheka paces back and forth.

(Alyxandrah holds Tierus close to her and covers his mouth with her hand.)

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly.

Daergyn asks, "aye?"

Benyark moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

Sheka just tried to pull Alyxandrah towards her!

You hear the faint thoughts of Strail echo in your mind:
"Things have gotten quiet...."

Alyxandrah says, "Shut up, Tierus."

One of the remaining iron bars melts into nothing more than a steaming puddle.

Jarlstrom exclaims, "cocoa!"

You focus your mind on Opalina and think:
"Oh my!"

Sheka says, "Leave him be."

Elendr smiles warmly as he puts both his hands around the mug and inhales deeply of its rich aroma.

Sheka glowers darkly at Alyxandrah.

Xulia stares off into space.

Strail says, "Oh dear"

Jacinto glares at Sheka.

Pyrocite sniffs.

Elendr sniffs at his creamy hot cocoa, inhaling its warm aroma.

(Iscikella glances at the puddle.)

Xulia says, "oh.."

Galenok says, "Hmm"

(Catthief gazes at the bars in faint horror.)

Scrag exclaims, "Wooooo Yay!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Nofret echo in your mind:
"One of the remaining iron bars just melted."

Galenok says, "Another gone"

Jacinto says, "Let her interfere...might save his life."

Xulia exclaims, "Puddin sakes, dat metal's meltin!"

Pyrocite says, "I wonder if it's acidic."

Xulia gulps.

Sheka cackles!

Daergyn says, "I think there's none left.. i dunno"

Elendr nods to Daergyn.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The bars are melting..."

Daergyn nods.

Elendr takes a drink from his creamy hot cocoa.

Scrag leans on his blade.

Pyrocite says, "Like a mage burning it."

Daergyn grins at Elendr.

Tierus put a piece of blood-red jade in his book locket.
Tierus just closed a silver book locket.

Michalie shrugs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Arias echo in your mind:
"bars melting"

Scrag says, "Ya know.. They always take to long."

Tierus removes a full rose-pink peony from in his jackal fur cloak.

Scrag nods.

Xulia asks, "Why we all standin ere?"

Elendr shows Alyxandrah his creamy hot cocoa.

You say, "They are all mages."

Elendr says, "You have too little faith in people."

You hear the faint thoughts of Keriddwen echo in your mind:
"ye at the tomb Iscikella?"

Tierus raises his rose-pink peony skyward!

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"Yer just in time old man - seems Yfa is going to play her cards this eve"

You hear the faint thoughts of Strayla echo in your mind:
"Truekillr, we could use your aid in the tomb."

(Aranrhod tries to look through the bars)

Callinar just tried to pull Alyxandrah towards him!

Alyxandrah smiles at Elendr.

(Sheka knocks on the barricade.)

Tierus raises his of spring wine in a toast!

Strail says, "Quickly, a mage freeze the bars"

Pyrocite nods to you.

Daergyn says, "Damp and cold down here"

Sheka asks, "You in there helping Thurfel?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Aye, Keri."

Tierus says, "Come tae me, Yfa. An' we shall be t'gither fere'er."

Elendr smiles.

Aranrhod says, "Dark"

You hear the faint thoughts of Tjaran echo in your mind:
"How much time do we have?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Zacciwie echo in your mind:
"and you people are just standing there? you do know they're going to come out in a fury"

You glare at Sheka.

Sheka glances at you.

Sheka smirks.

Keisarvexious says, "Thurfel has been out for awhile"

Pyrocite says, "I'm just curious if they're doing it our way...or through the will of their god."

Jarlstrom marches back and forth, sharply turning at the end of each stride.

You hear the faint thoughts of Truekillr echo in your mind:
"I shall come down now if I had but an idea of how to get there."

You hear the faint thoughts of Nietze echo in your mind:
"No we're the Fury!"

Jacinto nods to Strayla.

(Pyrocite examines the puddle a bit more.)

Perigourd whispers, "if Thurfel actually killed Yfa, how is she still alive?"

Xulia whispers, "I sense Rills.."

Scrag says, "I'd rather them just get it done and over with"

You hear the faint thoughts of Strayla echo in your mind:
"You may target me."

Elendr wraps his hands tightly around his creamy hot cocoa, warming his fingers.

Scrag says, "They fool around to much"

Xulia looks rather confused.

You whisper quietly to Xulia, "I know."

You hear the faint thoughts of Zacciwie echo in your mind:
"no, not the Northern Fury"

Xulia chews on her fingernails.

Elendr sniffs at his creamy hot cocoa, inhaling its warm aroma.

Catthief sighs.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Daergyn says, "They will come t'night, i guess"



Button Link to Entombed No More (contd)