Disturbances
Niiman, day 4 of the month Olaesta in the year 5102

[Magical Burrow, Dervish Park]
The snow and ice which dominate Icemule Trace stop abruptly at the fenceline of the park. In their place sits a wide open greensward full of laughing children running everywhere. A strange glow hangs about the area, an odd magical field, slightly shimmering, its outer edge falling right at the snowline. A tall statue comprised of ten wizened halflings in enruned robes stands majestically at the center of the field. You also see an abandoned hall, a plain residence, a splendid colorful tiled home, a low mithril gate and an abandoned manor.
Obvious paths: north, west.

You pace back and forth.
You pace back and forth.

The statue shudders slightly.

You blink.

You ask, "Someone there?"

(Iscikella tilts her head at the statue)

You ask, "Elymir?"

You ponder.

You belt out, "Who is there?"

You ask, "M'lord Thurfel?"

(Iscikella tilts her head at the statue.)

You pace back and forth, muttering something about statue-moved.

You think to yourself, "It did move. I saw it move."

You ponder.

Or so you thought.

You blink.

(Iscikella stares intently at the statue.)

You ask, "What is going on?"

(Iscikella runs a hand distractedly through her hair.)

(Iscikella strides up to the statue and stares at it again.)

You think to yourself, "I could swear it moved."

You belt out, "Anyone here?"

You belt out, "Someone hiding?"

(Iscikella scratches an eyebrow in confusion.)

(Iscikella feels her head, checking for fever.)

You say, "I do seem a bit warm."

(Iscikella glances askance at the statue.)

You shiver.

You say, "Though my body feels oddly cold."

You shiver.

You think to yourself, "Now don't get upset. Nothing is wrong. Nothing is going to happen."

(Iscikella pulls her greatcloak tighter about her.)

You say, "Strange chill considering the place here."

A slight breeze blows by you, carrying with it a faint voice, "Deeeaaattthhh."

You gasp.

You exclaim, "Now THAT I surely heard!"

Or so you thought.

You belt out, "Whose voice is that?"

You shudder.

You think to yourself, "Perhaps some tea..."

You think to yourself, "Nice calming tea..."

look in my satchel
In the white leather satchel you see a tiny silvergilt seashell, a white flask, some delicate ivory prayer beads, a thin rod, a twisted black toy serpent, some hardened monir sap, a delicate onyx black lace chemise and a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio.

You sigh.

You say, "No tea."

(Iscikella shivers all over.)

You bite your lip.

You say, "I did hear it."

You blink.

You ask, "Didn't I?"

(Iscikella puts a finger against her ear for a moment, shaking it slightly.)

You say, "There."

You say, "Better."

(Iscikella wraps her cloak tighter still about her.)

You shiver.

You say, "Wish it wasn't so cold..."

You perspire delicately.

(Iscikella places her hand to her forehead again.)

You say, "And that my head wasn't so hot."

You say, "Must be catching a chill or something..."

(Iscikella glances askance at the statue.)

You narrow your eyes.

You say, "But something... something is amiss."

You shudder.

You rub a dainty crystalline amulet.
You feel your mind open up to the world around you.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Anyone else hearing voices on the wind?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Acereon echo in your mind:
"Nope, you must be special."

You hear the faint thoughts of Redem echo in your mind:
"Nae heard a thing meself"

You think to yourself, "There is something amiss here though... Something..."

(Iscikella reaches out and touches the statue gingerly.)

You say, "Hmmm... feels normal. Like ordinary stone."

(Iscikella nods with relief.)

The stillness of the morning surrounds you as a soft breeze blows snow about the ground. And then, you notice it, a visage upon the statue that was not there before. A hollow, echoing voice growls, "Foolish, child you cannot stop the inevitable, you cannot contain the powerful. You will fall and your body will melt upon the fire that is sure to come!" The grotesque visage rapidly rushes towards you, sharp teeth lined maw opening like it is going to bite, until it goes straight through you and disperses.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kevralynn touch your mind:
"what kind of whispering?"

You scream!

You cower.

You shudder.

You exclaim, "Wise Lumnis!"

You exclaim, "Whatever was that!"

You focus your mind on Kevralynn and think:
"A voice saying death. And now... something just went right through me!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Kevralynn touch your mind:
"Where are ye m'lady?"

You focus your mind on Kevralynn and think:
"At the statue of the Ten in Dervish Park in Magical Burrow."

You belt out, "Elymir?"

(Iscikella tries to catch her breath.)

You place a hand over your heart.

You say, "My heart is pounding."

You say, "Must be Elymir. Called me child."

(Iscikella runs a hand distractedly through her hair.)

(Iscikella tries to steady her breathing.)

You think to yourself, "Have to calm down..."

(Iscikella inhales slowly.)
You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

(Iscikella inhales slowly.)
You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

(Iscikella inhales slowly.)
You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

(Iscikella removes her hand from her heart.)

You say, "Bit better."

You belt out, "Elymir, nothing is inevitable!"

You bite your lip.

You vigorously shake your head.

You exclaim, "Nothing!"

(Iscikella stares particularly at the fifth statue from the left in the grouping of halflings.)

A low voice rises up in your mind, "You certainly like calling out my name, child. Why is that? Perhaps you're growing attached to me like your precious Thurfel."

You vigorously shake your head.

You say, "I would hardly say that, Elymir."

You say, "But I am... intrigued by ye."

You say, "That I will admit."

You say, "Call it my Lumnisian curiosity."

You ask, "Do ye seek such attachment then, Elymir?"

You ask, "As Gavrail did with Elendr?"

(Iscikella cocks her head at the statue.)

You ask, "Does that melding hold... advantages for a lich?"

(Iscikella gazes thoughtfully at the statue.)

You ask, "Or is that a secret ye won't tell?"

You smirk.

You say, "Come, lich, teach me."

You say, "I am ever eager to learn."

You grin crookedly.

A faint voice rises up in your mind, "Try not to get attached to me, child, it'll certainly break your heart as I crush your physical one."

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.

You say, "I don't think ye have to worry, Elymir. Attached to ye I surely won't get."

You say, "But ye didn't answer my question."

Lady Kevralynn came through a low mithril gate.

Kevralynn blinks.

You ask, "Does the melding like that Gavrail has accomplished with Elendr provide ye something?"

Kevralynn blinks.

You whisper quietly to Kevralynn, "Lich is here, so watch yerself."

You ask, "Surely is a simple question to answer, Elymir?"

Kevralynn gasps.

You blink at Kevralynn.

Kevralynn gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You ask, "Something wrong?"

Kevralynn says, "I have heard of this...one before."

You nod.

Kevralynn says, "Curious."

You say, "I wait upon yer answer, Elymir."

You tap your foot impatiently.

(Kevralynn looks about nervously.)

Kevralynn just touched a dark vultite talon sword.

You ask, "Nothing to say now, lich?"

A shadow moves behind Kevralynn.

Kevralynn softly kisses her Huntress symbol, murmuring to herself.

You blink at Kevralynn.

(Kevralynn whispers to herself, 'Give me strength m'Lady.')

Kevralynn removes a dark vultite talon sword from in her wight skin sheath.

You say, "Ah, Kevralynn, something is behind ye."

You say, "Watch yerself."

Kevralynn nods.

Kevralynn says, "Ye too, M'Lady."

You ask, "What is this lesson, Elymir?"

(Iscikella turns again to the statue and stares at the visage of the fifth figure from the left.)

A faint voice rises up in your mind, "Is there always a lesson? Perhaps that in itself is the lesson."

You say, "Ah... philosophy, Elymir."

You say, "I'm much impressed."

Kevralynn searches around for a moment.

Kevralynn rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You grin slowly.

You whisper quietly to Kevralynn, "He is speaking in my mind."

You say, "But ye avoid the question I asked."

You say, "So there must be a reason."

Kevralynn says, "Perhaps he fears the retribution of my Lady."

Kevralynn softly kisses her Huntress symbol, murmuring to herself.

You say, "I take it that such melding as Gavrail achieved with Elendr is sought by all the Nine."

Kevralynn moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

You smirk.

You say, "Perhaps, lich, ye reveal much by saying little."

A faint voice rises up in your mind, "Or perhaps I reveal nothing save that you think too much."

Kevralynn nods to you.

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement.

You say, "I think much, true. But there is never too much thought."

You say, "I am of Lumnis, lich."

You say, "thought is my ally."

You kiss your Lumnis symbol softly, murmuring a quiet prayer.

Kevralynn searches around for a moment.

Kevralynn mutters cowardly.

You say, "Ye will not find him if he does not wish to be found."

Kevralynn nods.

You ask, "Isn't that right, Elymir?"

You say, "See, I do learn some of yer lessons."

You grin slowly.

Kevralynn says, "Of course, most deviants like to stay on their own level."

Kevralynn chuckles.

Kevralynn says, "Down there with the snakes and insects."

Kevralynn says, "And the spiders."

Kevralynn growls ferociously!

You say, "Ah..."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You say, "Angering him is never exactly a good thing."

You look at Kevralynn and shake your head.

Kevralynn says, "Pardon me m'lady."

Kevralynn says, "I am quick to anger."

Kevralynn says, "A result of having worked with many traitors before."

You say, "I merely warn. His anger can be... deadly."

You shudder.

Kevralynn says, "I have little patience for evil anymore."

You say, "Or perhaps..."

(Iscikella peers at the statue.)

You ask, "Such is more amusement to ye, Elymir? Death?"

Kevralynn gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You ask, "No biting remark on that, Elymir?"

You ask, "Ye losing yer facile wit?"

You smirk.

Kevralynn nods to you.

Kevralynn says, "Perhaps he fears defeat."

You say, "Must have been rotting in that tomb. Worms eating at the brain and all."

You shrug.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

You say, "Oh, sorry."

You say, "Bad taste."

Kevralynn chuckles.

(Iscikella reaches out and touches the statue curiously.)

You ask, "Elymir?"

You belt out, "Elymir? Wandered off again?"

Kevralynn says, "Perhaps his presence has departed."

You say, "Is possible."

Kevralynn ponders.

You belt out, "Lich?"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Kevralynn searches around for a moment.

You say, "Seems gone, aye."

Kevralynn nods.



Button Link to Thurfel Main