Blood Brothers
Day of the Huntress, day 5 of the month Olaesta in the year 5102

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Erlyn disk and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lord Jegral, Acereon, Levantis, Spoonchaser, Marbles, Sallazarre, Alyxandrah, Coldcurse, Erlyn who is sitting, Lady Ilvane, Soigneur who is lying down, Jadina who is kneeling.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
Prior to Iscikella's arrival in Town Center, Ilvane alone saw and felt:

You notice something move inside your cloak.
You feel something hit the side of your body and it feels like it is coming from inside your cloak. Out the corner of your eye, you notice your volume move within your cloak.
***END NOTE***

You wave to Ilvane.

Ilvane carefully opens a moonstone-set deep black volume.

You wave to Alyxandrah.

Ilvane quietly peruses the pages in her deep black volume with a contemplative look upon her face.

Alyxandrah curtsies to you.

Ilvane asks, "Iscikella?"

You ask, "Did I show ye my book?"

Jadina smiles at you.

Ilvane gently presses down on the binding of her deep black volume.

Decorsair just arrived.

You grin.

Ilvane exclaims, "Something is in my book!"

You blink at Ilvane.

Valdain just arrived.

Alyxandrah glances at Ilvane.

You ask, "Something is in the book?"

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
At this point, Ilvane alone saw:

As you gaze at the pages, you notice small bits of red ink-like substance flow over the pages and form the word, "Death", and just before you can blink it seeps down within the parchment.
***END NOTE***

Ilvane's face turns slightly pale.

Alyxandrah asks, "Words, perhaps?"

Ilvane exclaims, "Oh!"

(Iscikella runs a hand distractedly through her hair.)

Alyxandrah asks, "Oh?"

Decorsair winks at Alyxandrah.

Ilvane exclaims, "It's..blood!"

Alyxandrah blushes a glowing shade of red.

Ilvane clasps her hand over her mouth.

Alyxandrah smiles at Decorsair.

Alyxandrah blinks at Ilvane.

You ask, "Blood?"

You gawk at Ilvane.

Alyxandrah asks, "How did you get blood in your book?"

You ask, "Ye cut yer finger?"

(Ilvane pales and stares down at her book)

Valdain asks, "Any healers here?"

You cock your head at Ilvane.

You nod to Valdain.

You take a quick appraisal of Valdain and find that he has some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm.

You meditate over Valdain.
Valdain's left arm damage is transferred to you.

Maltais says, "she was reading it while hunting and it got splattered with her blood"

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left arm feels better.

Valdain smiles at you.

You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your left arm feels better.

Maltais nods.

(Ilvane whispers softly as she reads, "Death.")

Valdain bows to you.

Alyxandrah blinks at Ilvane.

You curtsy to Valdain.

Valdain says, "Thank you kindly m'lady"

You blink.

Valdain smiles.

Alyxandrah asks, "The blood says death?"

You ask, "Death?"

Ilvane trembles as if a cold chill just ran up her spine.

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Decorsair mutters women.

Ilvane nods to you.

Ilvane says, "It says..Death.."

Alyxandrah just tickled Decorsair.

Ilvane glances at a moonstone-set deep black volume.

Alyxandrah just went east.

Maltais mutters sword-dependant.

Erlyn says, "Bah! Bet you it's raspberry jam"

You mutter something about like-the-voice-on-the-wind..

Ilvane turns the page in her deep black volume.

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
At this point, Ilvane alone saw:

As you gaze at the pages, you notice small bits of red ink-like substance flow over the parchment and form the word, "Is", and just before you can blink it seeps down within the parchment.
***END NOTE***

Ilvane says, "How..odd."

Alyxandrah just arrived.

Valdain bows to you.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Valdain just kissed you on the hand.

You say, "Odd indeed."

You blush a delicate shade of pink.

You smile at Valdain.

Alyxandrah just went north.

You cock your head at Ilvane.

You ask, "Did I show ye my book?"

Ilvane squints at a moonstone-set deep black volume.

Valdain says in Sylvankind, "I've never seen such a beautiful lady as you"

Valdain smiles.

You remove a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio from in your white leather satchel.

(Ilvane leans back, and whispers.."Is".)

You exclaim in Sylvankind, "Why thank ye!"

Valdain chuckles.

You blush a delicate shade of pink.

Valdain nods.

Ilvane quietly peruses the pages in her deep black volume with a contemplative look upon her face.

You cock your head at Ilvane.

You ask, "Is what?"

Ilvane says, "Death..is.."

Ilvane glances at a moonstone-set deep black volume.

Maltais exclaims, "death is great!"

Maltais smiles.

look my folio
Random embossed stampings of small lilac blooms enhance the pale suede cover of this oversized though slender tome, setting off the somewhat larger gilded image of an owl impressed in the upper right-hand corner. Ornate, opalescent lettering on that cover reads simply "Seeking Serenity", while fine vines of ivy have been thinly etched along the binding in dark green ink. Edged in the palest gold, the parchment pages of the volume display flowingly scripted text inked in a deep shade of violet.

(Ilvane pales again, looking down at her book)

You notice Maltais slip into a hiding place.

You rub a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio.

You cock your head at Ilvane.

You ask, "Is what?"

Decorsair asks, "anyun blessin dis day?"

Ilvane says, "It doesn't say.."

Jegral asks, "could I bug someone to heal me chest bruise?"

You say, "Hmmm..."

You notice Maltais sneak in around behind you.

You nod to Jegral.

You meditate over Jegral.
Jegral's chest damage is transferred to you.

You hear someone chuckling.

Maltais comes out of hiding.

Jegral bows to you.

You concentrate on the Organ Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your chest feels better.

Jegral hugs you.

You curtsy to Jegral.

You concentrate on the Organ Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your chest feels better.

You notice Maltais slip into a hiding place.

You ponder the meaning of Ilvane's existence.

Ilvane says, "I..really don't want to know.."

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
At this point, Ilvane alone felt:

The sense of urge, and trepidation overcomes you at the thought of turning the page.
***END NOTE***

Ilvane flails her arms about.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane glances at a moonstone-set deep black volume.

You carefully open a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio.

(Iscikella rubs the parchment of the folio appreciatively.)

(Ilvane leans back, turning the page carefully, her hands trembling)

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
At this point, Ilvane alone saw:

As you turn the page, you notice small bits of red ink-like substance flow over the parchment and form the word, "Coming!", and just before you can blink a grotesque visage flies out of the volume right at you and disperses before it reaches you!
***END NOTE***

Ilvane gasps.

You quietly peruse the passages in your dove grey suede folio.

You blink at Ilvane.

You ask, "Is what?"

(Ilvane grabs her neck, and shrieks)

You take a quick appraisal of Ilvane and find that she has no apparent injuries.

You hear someone snicker.

You blink at Ilvane.

You rub Ilvane.

Ilvane exclaims, "Something in my book!"

Ilvane whimpers.

You ask, "Insect?"

You say, "Show me."

You blink at Ilvane.

Ilvane says, "It.."

(Ilvane just sits silently, terrified)

A slithering tendril of crimson creeps across the ground, staining the snow around it red as it grows quickly into an ever-expanding pool.

Levantis blinks.

You hear someone cackle.

You scream!

(Iscikella jumps back from the pool.)

Decorsair blinks.

Sheka fades into visibility.

Alyxandrah fades into view.

Sheka says, "How very interesting"

(Ilvane whispers lightly..Coming..)

Decorsair winks at Sheka.

Sheka smirks.

Ilvane says, "Death is Coming.."

Sheka nods to Ilvane.

Ilvane closes her eyes for a moment.

Sheka says, "Very much so."

You blink.

A low, sardonic chuckle comes from somewhere as the pool rises up into a bloody column, coalescing into bits of rotted muscle and forming into a horrible creature.

Decorsair asks, "when shoul we spect im?"

Alyxandrah raises an eyebrow.

Levantis's face turns slightly pale.

You gasp.

You gently close a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio.

Sheka asks, "Ugly is death...no?"

Sheka snickers.

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the halfling zombie, Looncael's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes grow wide with an overwhelming look of fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the halfling zombie, Valdain's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the halfling zombie, Coldcurse's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the halfling zombie, Soigneur's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

Levantis points at a rotting halfling zombie.

You put a lilac-stamped dove grey suede folio in your white leather satchel.

Levantis gestures at a rotting halfling zombie.
Levantis hurls a stream of fire at a rotting halfling zombie!
AS: +150 vs DS: +1105 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +96 = -832
A clean miss.

Alyxandrah gestures at a rotting halfling zombie.
CS: +186 - TD: +1069 + CvA: +25 + d100: +8 == -850
Warded off!

Soigneur regains control of his senses!
Valdain regains control of his senses!
Coldcurse regains control of his senses!

You remove a razor-sharp rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.
You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Alyxandrah's jaw drops.

Ilvane removes a black tower shield from in her black silk cloak.

Alyxandrah removes a forest green mithril tower shield from in her veniom-threaded cloak.

Levantis says, "eep"

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 55 = 141
Warding failed!
Looncael remains huddled on the ground in a spastic, jittering heap!

Decorsair says, "now"

Ilvane glances at a rotting halfling zombie.

Alyxandrah removes a mithglin falchion from in her black brocade thigh-sheath.

desc zomb
Pity the poor halfling zombie, an animated corpse abandoned long ago by his creator. The skin of the halfling zombie has turned a sickly grey, his clothing hangs in tattered ribbons, and he barely keeps control over his death-stiffened muscles. His mouth, once sewn shut to hold the salt necessary in the animation process, has broken open again, salt dribbling from the parched, thread-covered lips. The halfling zombie verbally threatens and attacks anyone he believes may interfere with his quest to return to the grave.

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 95 = 181
Warding failed!
Looncael moans pitifully, frozen in place, unable to do anything but whimper in fear!

A rotting halfling zombie says, "Well well."

Alyxandrah glances at a rotting halfling zombie.

You blink.

Sheka leans against an ice statue.

Ilvane asks, "You asked?"

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 89 = 175
Warding failed!
Looncael remains huddled on the ground in a spastic, jittering heap!

Ilvane glances at Decorsair.

Sheka smirks.

Ilvane points at a rotting halfling zombie.

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 46 = 132
Warding failed!
Looncael rocks back and forth while sobbing uncontrollably!

Decorsair nods.

You ask, "Asked what?"

A rotting halfling zombie says, "How nice to see you again. This marionette was beginning to become tiresome."

Sheka glances at Looncael.

Sheka snickers.

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 23 = 109
Warding failed!
Looncael cries out in sheer terror!

Ilvane glances at a rotting halfling zombie.

Decorsair says, "huh"

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): 79 = 165
Warding failed!
Looncael wails in exquisite fear!

Alyxandrah leans on her falchion.

You ask, "What are ye talking about, creature?"

Sheka says, "But of course."

You cock your head at a rotting halfling zombie.

Looncael struggles against the fear!
FS: 69 - FD: 15 + FvP: 32 + d100(L): -87 = -1
Warded off!
Looncael slowly regains control of his senses and he wipes away the tears from his eyes and the drool dribbling down his chin.

Looncael stands up.

Sheka glances at a rotting halfling zombie.

Looncael grumbles.

Ilvane trembles as if a cold chill just ran up her spine.

A rotting halfling zombie asks, "Come now, don't you recognize me? You don't remember our time at the statues?"

Jadina kneels down.

Ilvane says, "Jadina.."

Valdain grins.

Sheka cackles!

Jadina blinks.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Ilvane exclaims, "Be careful!"

Balmorin blinks.

Balmorin says, "ummmmk"

Ilvane put a black tower shield in her black silk cloak.

Erlyn whistles tunelessly to himself.

You ask, "Thulevier or Elymir?"

You cock your head at a rotting halfling zombie.

Alyxandrah says, "Or the ninth."

A rotting halfling zombie asks, "Would you prefer something more... recognizable?"

Balmorin asks, "whats with the ahh zombie here?"

Valdain blinks.

(Ilvane glances down at her volume, then up at the zombie, and trembles)

Decorsair asks, "ya takin chicks off ta da statues?"

You say, "It sometimes helps."

You nod to the halfling zombie.

A rotting halfling zombie suddenly begins to melt, its flesh turning liquid like and simply oozing onto the ground.

Balmorin says, "ahh"

Balmorin gags.

Alyxandrah gazes in amazement at a rotting halfling zombie.

Sheka says, "The Misguided One does so love order."

Balmorin coughs.

Sheka smirks.

(Iscikella steps back from the puddle.)

A rotting halfling zombie disappears into a pool of heaping flesh.

You say, "Ewww..."

Decorsair chuckles.

Balmorin gags.

Ilvane's face turns slightly pale.

Alyxandrah says, "Oh, that's just disgusting."

Looncael rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah says, "Leave it to a lich."

Decorsair says, "alright I needa bless"

Sheka cackles!

Valdain chatters to himself, apparently engaged in a spirited debate with his alter ego.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Ilvane frowns.

Sheka glances at you.

Balmorin says, "umm"

Erlyn shivers.

Sheka asks, "What is next?"

Alyxandrah asks, "Disappearing act, let's see...which lich does that?"

Alyxandrah ponders.

Sheka sneers.

Balmorin asks, "why is that here?"

You say, "All of them."

Slivers of shadow suddenly explode from the ground, cloaking a figure that appears from thin air in a shadowy haze.

Alyxandrah says, "Oh, all of them."

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah just kissed Sheka on the cheek.

You chuckle.

Alyxandrah glances at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah gazes up into the heavens.

You say, "Ah, Thulevier."

You say, "I thought so."

Sheka nods to Thulevier.

Decorsair mutters chick-love.

You nod to Thulevier.

You say, "The tone of voice."

You nod to Thulevier.

Decorsair grins.

Ilvane squints at Thulevier.

Sheka looks over at Valdain and shakes her head.

look thulevier
The thing before you may have been a halfling at one time, but only traces of its racial lineage remain. Its face is twisted and distorted, the flesh sickly and mottled. It wears the garments of a mage, although the fabric once rich and lustrous is nothing more than shredded tatters now. It bears no expression or emotion, but a burning rage simmers in the crimson-flecked eyes of the lich.

Balmorin asks, "WHy is he here?"

Balmorin points at Thulevier.

Thulevier tilts his head back, his eyes flickering with blackness momentarily.

Sheka says, "He misses us."

Sheka stares off into space.

Valdain nods to Sheka.

Ilvane asks, "What do you want?"

You say, "Out possessing dead bodies again, I see."

Decorsair says, "cuz ilvane summoned im"

You nod to Thulevier.

Valdain chatters to himself, apparently engaged in a spirited debate with his alter ego.

Alyxandrah squints at Thulevier.

Ilvane exclaims, "I did nothing of the kind!"

You say, "Rather... unfortunate hobby ye have."

Decorsair says, "yep"

Sheka glances at Ilvane.

Decorsair says, "ya did "

Thulevier says, "Hobbies are a good way to pass the time."

Ilvane exclaims, "My volume moved, on it's own!"

Sheka asks, "Now you also flirt with them as she does?"

Sheka glances at you.

Alyxandrah chuckles.

Thulevier says, "That was not me."

Ilvane asks, "It wasn't?"

You say, "Another of ye I imagine."

Ilvane asks, "Then who was it?"

You nod to Thulevier.

Balmorin says, "well then"

Balmorin says, "uhm"

Balmorin waves.

Thulevier says, "Come now, brother. They're eagerly awaiting you."

You say, "But the zombie I was sure had to be ye."

Sheka says, "Perhaps your houseguest."

Sheka nods to you.

Alyxandrah asks, "Brother?"

Alyxandrah's face turns slightly pale.

You say, "With yer hobby and all."

Alyxandrah asks, "There's more than one of you here?"

You ask, "Which means the ninth, nae?"

You cock your head at Thulevier.

Ilvane's face turns slightly pale.

Ilvane says, "That shadow near the statue..that's what it was.."

Ilvane nods.

Thulevier says, "Do you realize how alarmingly ignorant you are? We are always here, and we always will be."

You say, "I know that."

You nod to Thulevier.

Alyxandrah says, "I'm not the ignorant one..."

Ilvane says, "Doens't mean you can have us."

Alyxandrah says, "I know that you will not always be here."

Ilvane looks over at Thulevier and shakes her head.

Decorsair says, "man dese bad guys kin be insultin"

Alyxandrah says, "You will be defeated."

Thulevier chuckles.

Sheka says, "They can be more than that."

Sheka nods to Decorsair.

You ask, "So what brings ye out into the light though, Thulevier?"

Sheka smirks.

You cock your head at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah says, "They don't smell pleasant either."

Alyxandrah leans on Decorsair.

Ilvane asks, "Perfume?"

Decorsair grins.

Ilvane grins.

You ask, "Just restlessness and boredom with yer hobby?"

Sheka says, "I dare you."

Sheka stares at Ilvane.

Sheka cackles!

Thulevier says, "If hope is the only thing you cling to, then you'll have a very large surprise in store for you."

Alyxandrah glances at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah asks, "Where is your brother hiding?"

Sheka snickers.

You say, "Perhaps the ninth has no form..."

You cock your head at Thulevier.

You say, "Of his own..."

Thulevier says, "You assume very much considering my words."

You say, "I said perhaps..."

You chuckle at Thulevier.

You say, "I speculate."

Sheka says, "As always."

Sheka glances at you and yawns.

You say, "But sometimes speculation leads to knowledge."

Trevilyn grins.

Alyxandrah grins.

High Lady Kadesha just arrived.

Trevilyn rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You wave a hand at Sheka, dismissing her indifferently.

Sheka smirks.

Kadesha wrinkles her nose.

Sheka glances at Kadesha.

You say, "I'd rather speak with the lich, Sheka."

Sheka says, "Hello Witch"

You smirk.

Alyxandrah asks, "Knowledge is something you lack, is it not?"

Alyxandrah grins at Thulevier.

Kadesha hugs you.

Thulevier turns his head completely around, his eyes staring at different faces in the area.

You gawk at Thulevier.

Kadesha glances at Thulevier.

You say, "Interesting trick."

Alyxandrah closes her eyes for a moment.

Alyxandrah says, "Ugh, how nauseating."

Sheka asks, "Of course you would...have you not always courted the Darkness?"

Looncael nods to you.

Kadesha grumbles.

Sheka smiles at you.

Decorsair says, "dis is gittin spooky now"

Lohengryn just arrived.

Ilvane shakes her head.

You say, "But yer tricks didn't keep Hsark captive."

You ask, "Why is that, Thulevier? Weakness?"

Iscikella smiles sweetly at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Thulevier says, "I got what I needed from the stonecutter."

Kadesha folds her arms over her chest.

You ask, "Do ye expect me to believe that?"

Alyxandrah says, "I highly doubt that."

Alyxandrah nods to Thulevier.

Thulevier shrugs.

Sheka grins coldly, her eyes reflecting no emotion.

You say, "Such a supposedly superior answer, a shrug."

You chuckle at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah smirks.

Thulevier says, "He was of no further use, and he already screamed for so long... I needed some quiet, you realize."

Sheka says, "She begs for a slap."

Decorsair chuckles.

Sheka nods to Thulevier.

Tendrils of black energy snake along the snow.

Kadesha glances at Sheka.

You ask, "Oh?"

Decorsair says, "be nice Lady Sheka"

You cock your head at Thulevier.

Sheka says, "I am."

Sheka nods to Decorsair.

Alyxandrah asks, "Do you want us to believe he gave you information?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Thulevier.

Decorsair says, "ya gorgeous"

Sheka snickers.

Decorsair says, "but ya not dat nice"

Decorsair grins at Sheka.

Lohengryn asks, "Ye nae had quiet in that tomb?"

You ask, "I imagine ye might have found out something ye basically already knew, nae?"

Thulevier says, "Your questionings do little to amuse me, you've become disappointments."

You say, "So in essence, ye learned nothing."

Thulevier says, "Aaah... and here he is."

Thulevier smiles at you.

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Thulevier.

Kadesha says, "gee"

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Thulevier's direction.

Alyxandrah gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Alyxandrah asks, "Where?"

Sheka asks, "He?"

Thulevier says, "Try another method. You will not glean anything new from me."

You ask, "Here who is?"

You say, "But Thulevier, I will always try."

Kadesha says, "I would feel horrible thinking my life was a dissapointment to a lich"

You say, "Ye must give me that."

Kadesha smirks.

You chuckle at Thulevier.

Ilvane takes a few steps in a small circle.

Kadesha just hugged Ilvane.

Decorsair winks at Alyxandrah.

Sheka says, "He must give you nothing."

Alyxandrah blushes a glowing shade of red.

Sheka sneers at you.

Alyxandrah pokes Decorsair in the ribs.

Decorsair mutters guess-not.

Kadesha nods to Lohengryn in greeting.

You wave a hand at Sheka, dismissing her indifferently.

Adimiron just arrived.

Kadesha smiles at Lohengryn.

Lohengryn nods to Kadesha in greeting.

Thulevier cracks his head as he turns to stare at Ilvane, eyes aglow with a red light.

Sheka glances at Ilvane.
Alyxandrah glances at Ilvane.

You shudder.

Lohengryn raises an eyebrow.

Sheka grins slowly.

Thulevier says, "Hmm. This could prove amusing."

You say, "Cracking yer own neck."

Kadesha squints at Thulevier.

Kadesha moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

You shudder.

Ilvane frowns.

Ilvane glances at Thulevier.

Alyxandrah leans on Sheka.

Sheka grins at Alyxandrah.

Sheka cackles!

The tendrils lurch upward to form an arch of black energy. Tattered bits of robes slowly moves out of the arch before it falls back to the ground as ash.

Alyxandrah laughs!

Thulevier suddenly bursts into thousands of shadowy shards that soak into the ground.

Alyxandrah blinks.

Adimiron gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

You shudder.

Ilvane says, "So there."

A sudden increase in the volume of chirping is noticeable from within an incised rolaren cricket box.

Looncael rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Lohengryn glances at Elymir.

Adimiron rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane raises her fist defiantly.

Elymir narrows his eyes.

Alyxandrah glances at Elymir.

Decorsair says, "yuck"

You glance at Elymir.

Dommonique says in guild speak, "Eek."

Kadesha groans.

Dommonique cowers away from an ice statue.

Alyxandrah says, "Oh, it just keeps getting better and better."

Alyxandrah rolls her eyes.

You ask, "Trading places today?"

A slithering tendril of darkness wraps around both Ilvane's ankles.

Sheka nods to Elymir.

Trevilyn rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah just tried to pull Ilvane towards her!

Jadina's face turns slightly pale.

Elymir asks, "Why, whatever do you mean, child?"

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Be careful!"

You blink at Ilvane.

Kadesha rubs Ilvane gently.

Sheka just tried to pull Alyxandrah towards her!

Sheka says, "Leave her be."

You try to pull Ilvane towards you.

Sheka glowers darkly at Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah glances at Sheka.

Ilvane says, "Elymir..leave me alone."

You ask, "Whatever do I mean?"

Elymir raises an eyebrow in Ilvane's direction.

Ilvane asks, "Really..what fun do you have with this, anyhow?"

You say, "That is Thulevier."

Elymir asks, "Why do you presume I'm... not leaving you alone?"

You say, "Not Elymir."

You say, "Thulevier is the tendril."

The darkness seems to seep into Ilvane's foot, and her body becomes extremely rigid.

(Iscikella stomps on the tendril.)

Alyxandrah says, "The point is..."

Sheka snickers.

Kadesha just tried to pull Ilvane towards her!

Ilvane exclaims, "Let me go!"

Decorsair just tried to pull Ilvane towards him!

Ilvane says, "I can't move.."

The subtle fragrance which was wreathed around Ilvane seems to have dissipated.

A wave of power flows out of Kadesha and toward Ilvane who is surrounded by a soft white light.

Alyxandrah says, "They're both annoyingly, disgustingly here."

Sheka says, "Oh hush the wench."

You say, "Yer brother is rather... annoying, Elymir."

Sheka nods to Elymir.

Ilvane says in a shaky, crooked voice, "Ahhh... this is much better."

You say, "But then ye often are too."

Sheka laughs!

Alyxandrah glances at Ilvane.

You nod to Elymir.

Elymir glances at Ilvane.

Alyxandrah asks, "How is that better?"

Ilvane exclaims, "Oh!"

Decorsair says, "JEEZ"

Jadina exclaims in guild speak, "not Ilvane!"

Ilvane says, "No.."

Kadesha blinks at Ilvane.

Ilvane exclaims, "Get out of me you beast!"

Lohengryn says, "Ye nae sound so good"

Jadina rubs Ilvane gently.

You rub Ilvane.

Alyxandrah says, "If you can walk around and look comfortable, I just might believe you."

Adimiron sniffs.

Alyxandrah nods to Ilvane.

You stare at Elymir.

Elymir raises an eyebrow in your direction.

You say, "Tell him to let her go."

Ilvane jerkily raises a foot and leans against the ice statue, though her form shakes like a marionette barely under control.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Ilvane.

Sheka laughs!

Elymir asks, "Why would I tell him to do anything?"

Ilvane says, "Oh stop that."

You ask, "Why wouldn't ye?"

Alyxandrah giggles.

You say, "Ye all like to hold the power."

Jadina says, "oh please, not Ilvane"

Sheka says, "Now you are a puppet as the Misguided One has always been."

Sheka sneers at Ilvane.

Adimiron glances at Elymir.

Ilvane says, "I am not a puppet."

Jadina buries her face in her hands.

Adimiron rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Elymir asks, "Perhaps I want him to take her over?"

You stare at Elymir.

Nietze says, "Interesting day..."

You say, "Perhaps."

Sheka leans on Alyxandrah.

Kadesha says, "and you are still a loudmouthed imbecile as you have always been, Sheka"

Sheka laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Ilvane says in a shaky, crooked voice, "Would that you were dead, it would be so much easier..."

You try to pull Ilvane towards you.

Elymir says, "I can fix that for you, brother."

A pained expression crosses Trevilyn's face.

Elymir glances at Ilvane.

You mutter something about liches...

Ilvane says, "Stop this.."

Alyxandrah curtsies to Nietze.

Nietze says, "Hello Princess"

Alyxandrah says, "Nietze."

Nietze bows to Alyxandrah.

Kadesha glances at Elymir.

You glare at Elymir.

Kadesha grumbles.

Adimiron shudders.

You say, "No need to hurt her."

Ilvane says, "Don't kill me, or each other..really..be reasonable."

Sheka begins chuckling at Ilvane.

Ilvane says in a shaky, crooked voice, "Would you? I have always wanted to see how their heart races just before they die. I forget what it is like to live."

Elymir nods.

Jadina's face turns slightly pale.

Elymir raises his staff skyward!

You exclaim, "Don't!"

Ilvane exclaims, "Don't argue with him!"

Looncael shakes his head.

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Ilvane, the storm engulfing her in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Ilvane looks like an oversized firefly!
... 70 points of damage!
Massive shock totally burns out the nervous system. Nothing works anymore.
Ilvane drops dead at your feet!

Sheka says, "She is at your disposal."

You bite your lip.

Adimiron raises an eyebrow.

Dommonique cowers away from Ilvane!

Sheka bows to Ilvane.

Lohengryn blinks.

Sheka snickers.

Kadesha gestures at Ilvane.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Ilvane, then fades into the body.

Looncael rubs Ilvane gently.

Kadesha grumbles.

Dommonique says in guild speak, "Oh my goodness"

Nietze says, "Hmmm"

Trevilyn says, "that wasn'"

Falvicar examines his fingernails.

Ilvane seems slightly different. The stench of decay is growing more pervasive.

The spirit of Ilvane sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

You exclaim, "All for yer amusement! Ye damn lich!"

Trevilyn says, "nice"

Kadesha rubs Ilvane gently.

Jadina weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Sheka cackles!

You take a quick appraisal of Ilvane and find that she has a case of uncontrollable convulsions.
She is also quite dead.

Galvin gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
A warm glow begins to emanate from Ilvane's body.

Alyxandrah says, "They won't let you keep her."

Ilvane's body suddenly grows darker.

You meditate over Ilvane.
Ilvane's nervous system damage is transferred to you.

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at Ilvane.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Kadesha encompassing Ilvane's corpse.

Maygog asks, "What happened?"

The corpse of Ilvane's mouth moves of its own accord, "Ahhh... that was exciting."

Sheka kicks Ilvane!

Alyxandrah glances at Elymir.

You exclaim, "Get her up now, Kade!"

Dommonique rubs Ilvane gently.

You exclaim, "Now!"

Falvicar gestures at Sheka.
Strands of webbing shoot forth towards Sheka.
CS: +215 - TD: +109 + CvA: +15 + d100: +36 - -5 == +162
Warding failed!
Sheka is firmly webbed in place.

Elymir laughs hollowly.

Ilvane's body decays into compost.

Trevilyn says, "ack"

Kadesha lets out a flaming volley of invective that makes your ears burn.

Trevilyn exclaims, "no way!"

Falvicar glowers.

Nietze says, "Too late"

Trevilyn exclaims, "decay!"

Nietze says, "wow"

Trevilyn says, "ack"

The webs dissolve from around Sheka.

Alyxandrah asks, "Have you nothing better to do, Elymir?"

Nietze says, "That was quick"

Sheka cackles!

You swear at Elymir vehemently enough to scour the bark from a tree.

Jadina blinks.

Maygog asks, "What ya do to her Sheka?"

Sheka sneers at Falvicar.

You glower darkly at Elymir.

Jadina exclaims, "she is gone!"

Elymir howls with laughter!

Sheka says, "I did nothing"

Falvicar stares at Sheka.

You concentrate on the System Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your nervous system feels better.

Falvicar says, "Nothing my fanny"

The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

You concentrate on the System Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your nervous system feels better.

Sheka says, "I am but an amused spectator."

Numerous veins of darkness are left where Ilvane's corpse once lay, and they quickly seep into the ground.

You concentrate on the System Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your nervous system feels better.

Nietze says, "She didn't do anything"

Nietze says, "She doesn't have the power"

You concentrate on the System Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your nervous system feels better.

Sheka snickers.

(Lohengryn glances at the ground)

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly.

You exclaim, "Ye are a damnable thing, Elymir!"

Sheka glowers.

Falvicar gazes up into the heavens.

Elymir says, "Yes, I know."

Alyxandrah asks, "Shouldn't you be trying to defeat Thurfel?"

A tempest of electricity covers your body, the crude power of the lich's storm engulfing you.
... 43 points of damage!
Horrifying electrical shock converts head into blood-stained glass. Death is a step up.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Elymir.

Falvicar gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Falvicar gestures at you.
You feel a tingle on your soul, as if a powerful hand is gently cradling it.

Trevilyn says, "ack"

Spoonchaser gasps.

Sheka cackles!

Trevilyn asks, "what is that??"

Adimiron frets.

Spoonchaser exclaims, "wow!"

You exclaim, "Damn lich!"

Sheka walks over and kicks you in the shin!

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Croven ducks his head.

Elymir howls with laughter!

Sheka sneers.

Looncael rubs you gently.

Kadesha glances at Sheka.

Spoonchaser says, "i am not that mighty"

Nietze says, "As much as she'd like to have that sort of power, it would tear her apart"

Trevilyn says, "what'"

Falvicar gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Decorsair begins chuckling at Sheka.

Kadesha gestures at Sheka.
CS: +629 - TD: +109 + CvA: +15 + d100: +30 - -5 == +570
Warding failed!
Sheka suddenly stops all movement.

Trevilyn asks, "what's the lich?"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Croven asks, "what is goin on who is next?"

Trevilyn grins at Sheka.

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Falvicar, the storm engulfing him in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Falvicar looks like an oversized firefly!
... 50 points of damage!
Horrifying electrical shock converts head into blood-stained glass. Death is a step up.
Falvicar drops dead at your feet!

Trevilyn says, "ack"

Croven exclaims, "ok im out of here!"

Spoonchaser blinks.

A warm glow begins to emanate from Falvicar's body.

Alyxandrah asks, "Elymir, please stop. What do you want?"

Drigler asks, "what is going on?"

Trevilyn says, "ack"

Nietze says, "Hmm, perhaps this isn't such as safe area"

Trevilyn says, "I'm oughy"

Elymir says, "Your lives."

Alyxandrah asks, "Why?"

The lich calls down a torrent of lightning upon Alyxandrah, the storm engulfing her in a chaotic sphere of electrical energy. Alyxandrah looks like an oversized firefly!
... 33 points of damage!
Massive electrical shock turns head into shark bait. Time to feed the fish.
Alyxandrah drops dead at your feet!

Soigneur whispers, "need healing?"

Levantis frowns.

You say, "So I see."

You see a wave of energy emanate from Falvicar toward Alyxandrah. It coalesces around her body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around the body.

Nietze says, "EVACUATE"

You hear the ghostly voice of Alyxandrah say, "Y'know, I'm a bit tired of you doing that, Elymir."

You whisper quietly to Soigneur, "Don't bother at the moment."

The lich gestures and the very ground itself begins to sunder, knocking everyone to the ground.
You are tossed about violently.

Spoonchaser says, "man"

Lohengryn grumbles.

Elymir howls with laughter!

Spoonchaser says, "and i thought i was a powerful mage"

The spirit of Alyxandrah sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

You ask, "Lich, anyone ever teach ye manners?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Falvicar say, "Lich here me out. I will do all I can to see to it that Voln gets your soul free"

Nietze grabs Alyxandrah's body and drags it north with him.

Sallazarre stands up.
Looncael stands up.
Adimiron stands up.
Lohengryn stands up.
Spoonchaser sits up.
Velorrin stands up.

Adimiron frets.

Elymir says, "I've taught myself manners, child."

Decorsair stands up.
Levantis sits up.
Marbles sits up.

Adimiron grumbles.

(Spoonchaser adjusts his stilts)

Jadina moves to a kneeling position.
Kadesha stands up.

Lohengryn says, "Ye nae showin' them"

You say, "Then ye did it poorly, teacher."

Lady Ilvane's group just arrived.

Ilvane glares at Elymir.

Soigneur sits up.
Soigneur stands up.

Korel reaches down and tenderly cradles Falvicar's lifeless hand in his.

Elymir asks, "Yes?"

Nikii stands up.
Spoonchaser stands up.

Elymir peers quizzically at Ilvane.

You say, "Yes."

(Spoonchaser brushes hismelf off)

Korel rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane frowns.

Dabrezandi says, "figures, theres a party and i dont get invited"

Dabrezandi grumbles.

Kadesha whispers, "gettin ya here k?"

Kadesha gestures at you.
Kadesha concentrates for a moment then sighs weakly.

Korel shrugs.

Kadesha grumbles.

Ilvane says, "The two of you, need some time to rest."

Nietze grabs Falvicar's body and drags it north with him.

Kadesha whispers, "dammit, cant, linked with Ilvane still"

Ilvane says, "A good night sleep."

Erlyn scratches his nose.

Korel squints.

Ilvane nods to Elymir.

Korel rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Lord Korel just went north.

Ilvane sits down.

Ilvane just pulled your lifeless body into her arms.

Alyxandrah just arrived.

Alyxandrah glares at Elymir.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

Sheka says, "Dispell me Witch"

Ilvane just kissed you on the forehead.

Nietze says, "Can't drag"

Alyxandrah says, "I canna wait for you to be destroyed."

Nietze says, "Can't drag"

Journeyman Nietze just went north.

The lich gestures towards you and a pulse of black energy seeps into your skin! You notice a faint white light begin to be drawn towards the energy, and slowly leave your body. Your surroundings slowly blur...
You feel the touch of the hand leave your soul.
Slowly the world begins to dissolve into a grainy montage of color...

[Purgatory]
You find yourself wandering amidst endless streaming light, and vast nothingness. This place feels torn between two prophecies, each vying for your loyalty.
Also in the room: All the spirits of those who could not choose.
Obvious exits: light and darkness.

Time seems to have no meaning as you wander aimlessly amidst the uncomfortable tugging for your attention. Hopelessness washes over dreams you once held like the creeping tide of doom.

In time the Goddess Lorminstra finds you wandering the endlessness of Purgatory and says, "For thy deed, my promise to intercede shall be fulfilled." Taking you by the hand, the Goddess leads you back to mortality...

Suddenly you feel an intense pain scorching your very soul! The world of your past suddenly comes rushing back into your memory. You are quite bewildered by what has transpired, but alive...

[Hall of Rebirth]
Sunlight streams through the ice, illuminating the room with clean, golden light. Faint rainbows dance on the walls, playing across the huge mural hanging on the southern wall. The air is still and cool, layered with peace and serenity. You cannot help but feel calm here, as if something loving was watching over you.
Obvious exits: out.

You stand back up.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Maygog disk, the Erlyn disk and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lord Korel, Maygog, Alyxandrah, Sallazarre, Maltais, Velorrin, Croven, Lady Ilvane, Dabrezandi, Marbles, the body of Spoonchaser who is lying down, Kennigen who is lying down, Adimiron, Soigneur, Acereon who is lying down, Lohengryn, High Lady Kadesha, Erlyn who is lying down, Elymir, Jadina who is kneeling, Looncael, Decorsair, Lady Sheka who is lying down, Coldcurse who is lying down.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Korel asks, "Wha be happenin?"

Sheka exclaims, "You ugly bloated excuse for a reeking dwarf! Dispell me!"

Korel gestures at Spoonchaser.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Spoonchaser, then fades into the body.

Marbles frowns.

Marbles says, "That wasn't nice."

You ask, "Did ye feast mightily?"

The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

Nietze grabs Spoonchaser's body and drags it north with him.

Looncael shakes his head.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Sheka.

You glare at Elymir.

Alyxandrah cackles!

Lady Ilvane just went north.

Elymir nods to you.

Elymir says, "Yes."

Korel raises an eyebrow.

You mutter something inaudible.

Korel says, "Ooo..."

Alyxandrah gestures at Sheka.
Sheka comes back into focus.

Korel cowers.

Kadesha says, "dispell is not in my circle, Sheka"

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Alyxandrah gestures at Sheka.
Sheka becomes solid again.

Marbles exclaims, "big meanie!"

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Marbles scowls at Elymir.

Alyxandrah giggles.

Alyxandrah just failed to pull Sheka to her feet.

Alyxandrah just hugged Sheka.

You say, "How very... gluttonish of ye."

You glare at Elymir.

Elymir howls with laughter!

The lich fades from your vision, nothing left of it but a few tattered bits of decaying cloth.

Korel blinks.

Alyxandrah rolls her eyes.

Kadesha grumbles.

Adimiron gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Valdain chatters to himself, apparently engaged in a spirited debate with his alter ego.

Jadina slowly empties her lungs.

Sheka says, "Then you shouldn't go about freezing people, you miserable bag of stench."

Korel rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah says, "Kadesha, dispell Sheka now."

Valdain raises his fist defiantly.

Valdain chatters to himself, apparently engaged in a spirited debate with his alter ego.

Sheka says, "I am"

Thulevier says, "It is but our right to feed on the sheep which have grown steadily out of control during the time of our imprisonment."

Kadesha says, "Sheka, I am tired of your belief that you can abuse people with inpunity"

Alyxandrah says, "Thulevier..."

You ask, "Out of control?"

Alyxandrah says, "Go find a way to defeat Thurfel."

Lohengryn asks, "Sheep?"

You say, "Ye never controlled here."

Alyxandrah waves a hand at Thulevier, dismissing him indifferently.

Kadesha says, "you wish no trouble, then quit starting it"

Sheka says, "I care not what the flames you're tired of Witch"

You say, "Ye have such grand delusions."

Thulevier says, "How little you know. How little you know."

Korel looks thoughtfully at Thulevier.

Valdain blinks.

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

Ilvane glares at Thulevier.

Sheka exclaims, "Someone unfreeze me!"

Lohengryn asks, "Ye be wantin' to explain?"

Kadesha says, "well I care not that you can't always react as you choose"

Korel asks, "Enlighten us?"

Thulevier suddenly bursts into thousands of shadowy shards that flit up into the air like bats.

Lohengryn rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah glances at Sheka.

You say, "Hmmm..."

Alyxandrah says, "Relax."

Looncael says, "uh, cool trick"

Korel idly scratches himself on the neck.

You squint.

Ilvane says, "Don't.."

Alyxandrah gestures at Sheka.
Sheka begins to move again.

Ilvane says, "Leave me alone.."

Ilvane sighs.

You cock your head at Ilvane.

Sheka turns to face Kadesha.

Lohengryn says, "They be droppin' bits of flesh all over"

Sheka hauls off and slaps Kadesha up'side her head!
Sheka hauls off and slaps Kadesha up'side her head!

Maltais says, "wheres a lich... am i seeing things..."

Sheka swears fluidly and vividly at Kadesha.

Jadina peers quizzically at Sheka.

Nietze asks, "Is it over?"

Sheka mutters witch.

Korel shrugs.

You say, "Thulevier, ye were thrown into a tomb. How does that equate to controlling anything? Except perhaps worms."

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

Kadesha folds her arms over her chest.

Ilvane grins at you.

Valdain chuckles.

Alyxandrah says, "Aye, they ran away like the cowards they are."

Alyxandrah nods to Nietze.

Sheka says, "Thank you Princess."

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah nods to Sheka.

Korel says, "Huh."

Nietze says, "Safe again."

Nietze chuckles.

You sigh.

You mutter something inaudible.

Maygog says, "There be 3 dead ones by Voln"

Redem rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

You say, "I'll go."

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Pieces of ice dot the street and one yard sports a small, carrot-nosed snowman. To the north looms the glacier, above the dwellings on the streets, with the Temple sitting atop it. Carved from the ice, the Temple gleams in the sun, giving those that live here an impressive view. You also see a white flask, a wrought-iron gate and a snow-covered stone path.
Also here: Velorrin, Marbles, the body of Lord Falvicar who is lying down, the body of Spoonchaser who is lying down, Ravonprayer
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

Marbles says, "He saved them from that ugly lich."

You take a quick appraisal of Falvicar and find that he has severe head trauma and bleeding from the ears.
He is also quite dead.

You meditate over Falvicar.
Falvicar's head damage is transferred to you.

Ravonprayer says, "If he had saved them they would be alive."

Ravonprayer chuckles.

Marbles says, "Well, saved their bodies."

You take a quick appraisal of Spoonchaser and find that he has severe head trauma and bleeding from the ears.
He is also quite dead.

The ghost of Falvicar whispers, "give me an opinion: Did I do good?"

Ravonprayer gestures at Falvicar.
Ravonprayer suddenly looks very drained.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Falvicar in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Falvicar, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Falvicar awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.
Falvicar's body suddenly grows darker.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You hear the ghostly voice of Spoonchaser exclaim, "hello lady iscikella!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Spoonchaser say, "so good to see you alive"

You say, "Afternoon there, Spoonchaser."

The lich gestures at Ravonprayer. Ravonprayer begins to flicker and fade, a look of agony etched upon his face. A moment later, he simply winks out of sight.

You rub Spoonchaser.

You take a quick appraisal of Spoonchaser and find that he has severe head trauma and bleeding from the ears.
He is also quite dead.

You meditate over Spoonchaser.
Spoonchaser's head damage is transferred to you.

Alyxandrah just arrived.

You exclaim, "Leave the cleric alone!"

You exclaim, "Damn ye lich!"

You flail your arms about.

Alyxandrah asks, "Did that stupid lich just send my father to the rift?"

You say, "Yes."

You hear howls of laughter nearby.

Falvicar blinks.

Falvicar sits up.

Marbles says, "Mean hateful thing."

Nietze asks, "We still have company?"

You belt out, "Elymir! ye will be damned in a tomb again!"

You nod to Nietze.

Alyxandrah asks, "Where is he? Do you know?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at you.

Nietze ponders.

You say, "I can't locate with the head."

Nietze says, "I wonder if I'm on his list now"

Nietze grins.

The lich gestures, chants a few words than points at you. You feel a wrenching sensation, then find yourself in a dark cold void.

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, up, down.

You say, "One second."

You exclaim, "Bah!"

You travel among the star field, randomly seeing visions of your past...

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your magic fizzles ineffectually.

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

Funny how life seems to repeat itself...

You feel that if you just move forward enough you'll find your way out of this hiccough in time and space...

You suddenly notice that the images of your past are catching up with you. With a blinding flash you find yourself whisked forward in time and space until...

[Subterranean Island, Hillock]
This small hill rises forlornly just above the water's edge. Jagged rocks surround a tiny inaccessible cove on the north shore. There is something unsettling about the place.
Obvious exits: south.

You think to yourself, "Thulevier seems to have... an attraction, well not right word, to Ilvane..."

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

A low growl rises up around you, "Problems, child?"

A snowshoe hare hops into the room.
There is a twinkle in a snowshoe hare's eyes.

You say, "Would seem so."

You say, "but ye know that."

You ask, "So this was just for... amusement, Elymir?"

You concentrate on the Head Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your head feels better.

You sense Ilvane looking in on you.

The hare shrieks, "Mistress!" and leaps away.

A low growl rises up around you, "Poor Hare's mistress... seems to have... perished."

You say, "Well, can't say I shall miss Sheka."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "Though Elymir I still wonder."

You say, "Why ye will not answer the question I posed yesterday."

You sense Kadesha looking in on you.

You ask, "Wandering again, lich?"

You belt out, "Elymir? Ye could at least say goodbye, ye know."

You laugh out loud!

A low growl rises up around you, "You wouldn't like my kind of 'goodbye'."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You say, "Likely not."

You say, "But manners, ye know."

You say, "So now that ye have gorged on spirit..."

You ask, "...ye are feeling frisky?"

A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes you!
... 28 points of damage!
Massive electrical shock to the right leg destroys flesh. What remains is useless.
You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled right leg!
You are stunned for 8 rounds!
A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!

You think to yourself, "Seems so..."

You sense Ilvane looking in on you.

You are still stunned.

You think to yourself, "Frisky liches, Lumnis I don't think have the knowledge to deal with that."

You move to a kneeling position.

You say, "I suppose is so."

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

(Iscikella rubs her stump.)

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You ask, "Ye have a passion for legless beings, Elymir?"

You ask, "Brings them down to yer size?"

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You ask, "No answer to that?"

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Iscikella rubs her stump ruefully.)

You say, "I've always liked halflings, Elymir, but ye might very well cause me to change my mind."

You think to yourself, "I do need to learn more of him."

You concentrate on the Limb Scar Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You think to yourself, "No matter how difficult that proves."

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall flat on your back!

You gasp.

(Iscikella rises slowly and painfully.)

You move to a kneeling position.

You say, "My leg still hurts ye know, lich."

You mutter something about rude...

You say, "Tell me something, Elymir..."

You ask, "Is Thulevier a brother by blood?"

You say, "Or just by..."

You ask, "...philosophy?"

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

Ilvane frowns.

You say, "He's here, Ilvane."

Ilvane rubs you gently.

You say, "Watch yerself."

Ilvane says, "I know."

The lich points to the ground, a fissure appears, and a ghostly mara squirms out from the darkness!

A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.

Ilvane says, "I just had a nice mara pop out of the ground in front of me."

Ilvane nods.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

You stand back up.

A ghostly mara floats south.

You reach out and hold Ilvane's hand.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "Ye know empaths have little power against undead."

You nod.

Ilvane says, "Best that we be together."

You say, "Yes, ye know that."

You ask, "I suspect ye do, heh, lich?"

A ghostly mara floats in!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!
A ghostly mara just arrived!

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +20 = -57
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +90 = +13
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +200 vs DS: +442 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +46 = -177
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +200 vs DS: +442 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +15 = -208
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +81 = +4
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +52 = -25
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +160 vs DS: +442 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +90 = -173
A clean miss.

You say, "Seems he does."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of her voice at you!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

Ilvane asks, "Perhaps we should leave this area?"

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +120 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +100 = -17
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +48 = -29
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +200 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +54 = +17
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of her voice at a ghostly mara!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +160 vs DS: +442 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +12 = -251
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara directs the sound of her voice at Ilvane!
CS: +151 - TD: +93 + CvA: -9 + d100: +91 - -5 == +145
Warding failed!
Ilvane appears to be distracted.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +98 - -5 == +2
Warded off!

The ghostly mara focuses his voice on you, but you are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +55 - -5 == -41
Warded off!

The ghostly mara focuses his voice on you, but you are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +53 - -5 == -43
Warded off!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

Ilvane grumbles.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +200 vs DS: +428 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +83 = -126
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +200 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +6 = -31
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +91 = +14
A clean miss.

Ilvane says, "Iscikella, really."

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +83 - -5 == -13
Warded off!

The ghostly mara focuses his voice on you, but you are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

You say, "Hmm... taking my magic again."

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +95 - -5 == -1
? Warded off!

The ghostly mara focuses his voice on you, but you are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
You are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +83 - -5 == -13
Warded off!

The ghostly mara focuses his voice on you, but you are unaffected.
You can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +37 = -40
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at Ilvane!
AS: +160 vs DS: +428 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +35 = -214
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +21 = -56
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +76 = -1
A clean miss.

Ilvane says, "It's not as if they won't follow.."

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.
A ghostly mara musically intones an arcane song.
A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +3 - -5 == -93
Warded off!
You are unaffected.

A ghostly mara floats south.
A ghostly mara floats south.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +120 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +19 = -98
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +32 = -45
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of her voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +14 - -5 == -82
Warded off!
You are unaffected.

A ghostly mara directs the sound of his voice at you!
CS: +151 - TD: +266 + CvA: +14 + d100: +54 - -5 == -42
Warded off!
You are unaffected.
ou can't think clearly enough to prepare a spell!

A ghostly mara emits a low, unearthly moan!
A ghostly mara floats south.

A ghostly mara drones a low bass from his throat while singing another phrase.
A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +160 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +5 = -72
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara claws at you!
AS: +120 vs DS: +274 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +91 = -26
A clean miss.

A ghostly mara sings a loud chorus!
A brilliant luminescence surrounds a ghostly mara.

A ghostly mara floats south.
A ghostly mara floats south.
A ghostly mara floats south.

Ilvane says, "Hmm."

A ghostly mara floats in!

You say, "Ye do know apparently."

A ghostly mara floats in!
A ghostly mara floats in!

You say, "Why am I not surprised."

A low growl rises up around you, "We know many things."

Lohengryn's group just arrived.

You say, "So tell me then, what was the need for an empath? I remember it being said an empath was needed."

Ilvane frowns.

Ilvane says, "Be careful.."

You ask, "Why?"

Lohengryn says, "Mara's south of here"

You nod to Lohengryn.

High Lady Kadesha just went south.

Ilvane says, "They were here."

Ilvane grins.

High Lady Kadesha just arrived.

You say, "they originated here."

You say, "From the fissure of the lich."

(Ilvane glances around)

Ilvane says, "You know..too much, perhaps."

Lohengryn says, "They nae like me lookin' with me familiar I suppose"

You say, "Was to prove a point to me."

Kadesha says, "ain one no more"

You say, "And ye proved it, Elymir."

You say, "Ye know the weaknesses of empaths."

Lohengryn gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You say, "But that matters little."

Ilvane grins.

Lohengryn asks, "Them rottin' things be here too?"

You nod to Lohengryn.

You say, "One is."

Kadesha asks, "that he can kill things, which don prove much we didn already know?"

A ghostly mara floats in!

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at a golden key-shaped mark.
Nothing happens.

You say, "Elymir, ye still have not answered the one question I asked."

You ask, "Is it so difficult?"

Lohengryn says, "I jus' saw him"

A low growl rises up around you, "Perhaps I already did answer."

Lohengryn rubs her eyes.

You say, "And I must decipher."

You smirk.

Zacciwie mutters something about liches.

You say, "I'll give ye, lich, ye make things difficult."

Ilvane paces back and forth.

Zacciwie asks, "Bah. There's one here too?"

Zacciwie peers quizzically at Ilvane.

You nod.

Zacciwie flails his arms about.

Ilvane nods to Zacciwie.

Lohengryn says, "Aye"

Ilvane searches around for a moment.

Ilvane is no longer distracted.

Kadesha rubs Ilvane gently.

A blue wolf pads into the room.

You ask, "But what about my question with regard to yer relationship to Thulevier?"

You say, "Surely no need to hide that."

You ask, "Is he a brother of the blood?"

The blue wolf sniffs the ground.
There is a twinkle in a blue wolf's eyes.

Kadesha frowns.

A bolt of black energy leaps up from the ground, striking the blue wolf and courseing through its skin.

Zacciwie's face turns slightly pale.

Kadesha nods to Ilvane.

You gasp.

The wolf howls, "Mistress!" and dashes away.

You exclaim, "Poor animal!"

Zacciwie gestures into the air.
Zacciwie momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.
Zacciwie just went south.

Kadesha asks, "it killed Sheka?"

You say, "Twice."

Kadesha gestures into the air.
Kadesha momentarily gets a faroff look in her eyes, and then returns to normal.

You say, "While I've been here."

Kadesha says, "shes at the statue"

You ask, "Isn't that right, Elymir?"

Lohengryn says, "Nae like my animal either"

Lohengryn shifts her weight.

You say, "Well, seems he is done answering."

You pace back and forth.

You say, "I need to know more."

Kadesha says, "killed Sheka at the statue in dervish park it seems"

A low growl rises up around you, "Have I answered anything to begin with?"

Ilvane trembles as if a cold chill just ran up her spine.

You say, "Ye have on occasion, lich."

You say, "And here I thought ye appreciated my curiosity."

A low growl rises up around you, "I only appreciate your life essence."

Ilvane frowns.

You shudder.

Ilvane says, "Well you can't have her."

Kadesha says, "I was fraid hed say that"

Ilvane stands in front of you.

A low growl rises up around you, "I already have."

You say, "That is something that I will never give freely, lich."

You shudder.

Ilvane says, "You can't keep her."

Ilvane shakes her head.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Lohengryn asks, "Ye nae appreiciate her sense of style?"

Ilvane says, "You can force it, but she would never let you take it willingly."

Lohengryn is admiring you.

Lohengryn says, "I do"

You smile at Lohengryn.

Lohengryn shrugs.

You say, "Why, thank ye."

You wink at Lohengryn.

Lohengryn smiles at you.

Zacciwie just went south.

You say, "Ye stuff yerself like a glutton on essence, Elymir..."

You ask, "...isn't there a point where ye will overstuff, so to speak?"

Kadesha removes a vial of Syphon's spirits from in her hooded robe.

Kadesha says, "if he wants spirits, this might be better"

Kadesha taps a vial of Syphon's spirits.

Kadesha stares off into space.

A low growl rises up around you, "Never can have too much life essence."

Lady Sheka just arrived.

You ask, "Never?"

Sheka smirks.

You cock your head.

A blue wolf pads into the room.

Sheka pets her blue wolf.

You ask, "Doesn't get ye drunk... with power?"

Kadesha put a vial of Syphon's spirits in her hooded robe.

You think to yourself, "Got to be careful. Probing can be dangerous."

The blue wolf scratches itself.

A bolt of black energy rises up from the ground and lashes out at the wolf!
The blue wolf turns away, looks back over its shoulder once, and then pads off.

You exclaim, "Oh!"

Ilvane grins.

You exclaim, "Ye don't like animals!"

Sheka spits out a muttered curse.

You whisper quietly to Kadesha.

Sheka says, "Leave my wolf alone"

Sheka glowers.

Lohengryn says, "Nae liked mine"

Lohengryn says, "Tis confusin' all this"

You ask, "Elymir, why don't ye like animals?"

You ask, "Did they attack ye as a child?"

You smirk.

You hear the voice of Alyxandrah say, "Constant reminder of what he truly is."

Ilvane fidgets.

Sheka says, "Bite your tongue, Princess."

You hear the voice of Alyxandrah say, "It's bitten, I assure you."

Sheka says, "I'd much rather see these others die."

You ask, "Lich?"

Sheka smirks.

Zacciwie looks at Sheka and gags.

You ask, "That's a simple question, nae?"

Kadesha says, "I enjoyed sensing your death Sheka"

You ask, "One even a rotting brain can answer?"

Zacciwie grins at Kadesha.

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

Sheka says, "I'm sure you did oh sweet kind server of the Light."

Sheka sneers at Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "maybe there is a teensy shred of good left in the liches"

Kadesha smiles at Sheka.

You ask, "Elymir?"

Ilvane ponders.

You say, "I hate when he goes all silent."

You say, "Usually means trouble."

Kadesha says, "its a duty of mine to aid in eradicating evil from the lands, Sheka"

You bite your lip.

Lohengryn asks, "His mam named him Elymir?"

You hear someone laugh.

You nod to Lohengryn.

Lohengryn says, "Nae wonder he so mad"

You chuckle at Lohengryn.

Zacciwie starts chortling.

You hear the voice of Alyxandrah say, "I sensed that coming."

Lohengryn chuckles.

You grin slowly.

Sheka asks, "Then shouldn't you be then concentrating on the essence within you, Witch?"

Sheka sneers at Kadesha.

Ilvane says, "I wonder where Thulevier went..I'm glad he's leaving me alone..but he just disappeared."

Kadesha says, "there is no essence within me but my own, Sheka"

Ilvane frowns.

Sheka says, "No pat on the head cleared you of that."

Kadesha traces the lines of her key-shaped mark.

You ask, "Are ye and yer brother playing in the schoolyard, Elymir?"

Kadesha says, "think this mighta sufficed"

Zacciwie stares off into space.

Kadesha smiles at Sheka.

Sheka says, "I doubt it....and I'm sur the serpent Lord does as well."

Sheka begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "well I really don't care what he thinks, but you probably should"

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Kadesha's direction.

You think to yourself, "Lot of risk... but without risk ye gain nothing. Knowledge is all I can try for. Only power which might work against them. Surely I have not the magic or the weaponry ability."

You hear a low voice growl within your mind, "What I need from you, child, I will take. So do not worry about what you have not." A howling laughter bubbles within your mind. "I am quite satisfied with what I can take from you so... easily."



Button Link to Thurfel Main