Bars of Iron/Threads of Spirit
Tilamaires, day 22 of the month Lormesta in the year 5102

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
This log is actually the combination of four separate logs/notes from four players, one from Aranrhod's player, one from Atoyoz's player, one from Iscikella's player and one from Vonka's player. It should be noted, therefore, that in this log the "you" references refer to any of these four characters, as noted in the initital reference.
***END NOTE***

This log is from the viewpoint of Aranrhod and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

[Foothills, Snowy Trail]
The trail wanders aimlessly amongst the shuddering trees that sprinkle the hillside. Withered pine cones litter the ground, the dormant seeds resting upon a bed of fresh snow. Not far to the north, a sheer cliff wall rises above the forest. You also see a lesser ice giant.
Also here: Tianni, Lord Nekales
Obvious paths: west, southeast.

***ADDITIONAL NOTE*** Tianni alone felt this:

You fight off a wave of dizziness, as your mind fills with the vision of iron and wood buckling from some tremendous force.
***END NOTE***

Tianni exclaims, "Oh no... Nekales... we... we have to go now!"

Tianni exclaims, "NOW!"

Tianni sways back and forth.

You blink.

You ask, "What?"

Nekales clasps Tianni's hand tenderly.

Nekales clasps your hand tenderly.

You blink.

Tianni sways back and forth.

Tianni suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

[Icemule Trace, Exterior]
A chill wind blows down from beyond the glacier, rustling the sparse clumps of grass along the ground. The high walls of Icemule Trace tower overhead, muffling the noises of the town beyond. You also see an East Gate guard and a tall gate.
Also here: Tianni, Lord Nekales
Obvious paths: east.

Tianni exclaims, "I saw the tomb, Nekales... It was the tomb!"

Tianni just tried to pull Nekales towards her!

The town guard steps in front of Nekales and says, "Excuse me, sir, there's an entrance fee to use this gate. 5 silvers for you alone, or 15 silvers for your group."

Nekales asks, "borrow some silvers?"

Nekales glances at an East Gate guard.

You rub Tianni.

Tianni just handed Nekales some coins.

Tianni exclaims, "They're coming out!"

You flail your arms about.

You ask, "What?"

The East Gate guard takes Nekales's silvers and waves Nekales's group toward the gate.

[Temple Burrow, Koar and Lumnis]
On the edge of the glacier, you have a marvelous view of the city to the south. Your eyes follow the slightly haphazard streets around Icemule Trace until they meet the four roads and eventually the gates in the walls. Above you towers the great Temple, carved from the purest ice and shining with a nearly divine light in the sun. A ramp of ice leads down to the west, while an ice staircase leads down to the east and a set of carved ice steps lead down to the northwest around an oddly shaped ice flow.
Also here: Tianni, Lord Nekales
Obvious paths: down.

You whisper, "Go to the tomb" to your group.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Nekales whispers to the group, "don't know the way"

You leave Nekales's group.
You clasp Nekales's hand tenderly.

Tianni takes a few steps back.

You reach out and hold Tianni's hand.

You ask, "Tianni?"

You peer quizzically at Tianni.

Tianni exclaims, "I don't want to go!"

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Nekales says, "your coming"

Nekales says, "keep going aran"

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
The path curves to avoid a fir tree so wide you cannot stretch your arms even halfway around it. The remaining trees around it seem dwarfed by its immense size, although they, too, tower high above you. You also see a rabid squirrel, a rolton and a kobold.
Obvious paths: north, southwest.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

(Tianni struggles and pulls, clawing at Aranrhod's hands.)

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
The lowest branches of the trees have been cut away, allowing visibility further into the woods. Beyond the first row of pines you can see the dark boles of another row of trees.
Obvious paths: east, northeast.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

Tianni exclaims, "No! please no!"

You rub Tianni.

[Icemule Trace, Forest]
A solitary wooden signpost stands at the head of a road leading southwest. It marks the intersection with a smaller trail leading east and west. Straw has been scattered on the snowy road, helping you maintain your footing as you continue on your way. You also see a rabid squirrel.
Obvious paths: east, west, southwest.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

You ask, "Nekales?"

[Lower Icemule Forest]
The trail widens slightly as it continues onward through the forest. Long icicles dangle from the branches of the bare deciduous trees, occasionally breaking off and shattering on the ground.
Obvious paths: north, southeast.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

(Nekales barks at Tianni, "Tianni, that is enough!")

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier.
Obvious exits: up.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

(Tianni stares at Nekales with terror-filled eyes.)

Splinters fly, as the barrier weakens.

You gasp.

Nekales blinks.

Tianni screams!

Nekales says, "uh oh"

Tianni exclaims, "No please!"

Tianni gasps in terrified panic, trembling and flailing her arms about!

Nekales frowns.

Nekales whispers to the group, "go up"

You say, "Not sure about being here"

[Mausoleum, Grand Chamber]
The chamber is large, but quite simple, evidently designed to hold the large tomb resting upon the darkened soil of the floor. Great care was evidently put into the craftsmanship of the tomb, its form elegant and worthy of a hero.
Obvious exits: south.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

You say, "I am going back"

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier.
Obvious exits: up.
Tianni and Nekales followed.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nekales echo in your mind:
"any fury members around?"

(Aranrhod stares at the bars)

A voice screams in rage, "The last seal will tumble, it can't hold us much longer!"

You blink.

Tianni exclaims, "NO!"

Nekales slowly empties his lungs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nekales echo in your mind:
"the tomb is opening"

You exclaim, "No!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Nekales echo in your mind:
"I am there now! its opening!"

(Tianni struggles even more furiously to free herself of your hold.)

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You hear the faint thoughts of Nekales echo in your mind:
"the wood is splintering and they are breaking through"

Tianni exclaims, "Please! Let me GO!"

Great Lord Grandevr just arrived.

You try to pull Tianni towards you.

Grandevr asks, "Opening?"

Tianni exclaims, "Let me GO!"

Nekales says, "they are talking inside"

You say, "It was splintering"

Nekales says, "and breaking it down"

Nekales nods.

Tianni shoves futilely at you.

Grandevr asks, "Splintering?"

You nod to Grandevr.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"Where be the tomb?"

You say, "And they are talking"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

(Nekales tries to sooth Tianni, holding her hand and looking into her eyes)

One of the iron bars bends into an impossible angle, clearly the victim of magic.

Tianni exclaims, "They're... " She struggles to free herself with each word. "talking to us!"

Nekales frowns.

Nekales says, "see"

Tianni begs and pleads with Nekales.

You hear the faint thoughts of Grandevr echo in your mind:
"Northern Fury, be on high alert"

Nekales says, "i know love"

Tianni says, "Please Nekales. Please."

You hear the faint thoughts of Lilsmith echo in your mind:
"its in da cementary"

Nekales says, "Tianni, i know love, but we knew it might happen, please love try and calm down"

Great Lord Grandevr just went up.

You hear the faint thoughts of Dainslef echo in your mind:
"there now sir"

"Come forth and aid us, come forth", beckons a voice.

You exclaim, "No!"

Great Lord Grandevr just arrived.

Nekales frowns.

Rawdune just arrived.

Nekales says, "they are calling someone forth to aid them"

Tianni weeps softly, quiet tears falling from her eyes.

Journeyman Kahlthnor just arrived.

Iarahn just arrived.

Kahlthnor says, "Whoa."

The ground begins to churn, the soil darkening.

You move to stand in front of Tianni.

Dainslef just arrived.

Kahlthnor smirks.

Rawdune says, "eep"

You say, "Uh oh"

Nekales sways back and forth.

Kahlthnor coughs.

Tianni gasps in terrified panic, trembling and flailing her arms about!

Renowned Lady Skyfawn just arrived.

Grandevr rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Dainslef turns towards Grandevr and renders a sharp salute with his dark vultite handaxe.

Iarahn says, "I felt the mana flows distorting."

Iarahn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Iarahn gestures.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Rawdune just went up.

Iarahn says, "Warded..."

Tianni just went up.

You say, "No magic here"

Iarahn swears vehemently enough to scour the bark from a tree.

[Mausoleum, Grand Chamber]
The chamber is large, but quite simple, evidently designed to hold the large tomb resting upon the darkened soil of the floor. Great care was evidently put into the craftsmanship of the tomb, its form elegant and worthy of a hero.
Also in the room: Tianni, Rawdune
Obvious exits: south.
Nekales followed.

You reach out and hold Tianni's hand.

You say, "Tianni"

You say, "Stay with us"

You try to pull Tianni towards you.

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

You say, "Not sure..."

Nekales frowns.

You say, "Ilvane"

You say, "Careful"

Tianni just tried to pull Nekales towards her!

Nekales says, "that tomb is not going to hold them much longer"

You say, "The tomb seems to be opening"

Grandevr blurs into a white fog, and then vanishes!

Iarahn just arrived.

Ilvane asks, "Someone told me to come to the tomb, what's going on?"

Iarahn says, "Zombies."

Skyfawn says, "zombies"

Tianni says, "It's opening."

Iarahn points at a large canopied tomb.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"Zombies in the tomb."

Ilvane glances at a large canopied tomb.

Skyfawn points at a large canopied tomb.

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier. You also see a zombie and a zombie.
Obvious exits: up.

A zombie's eyes flash bright red!
A zombie claws at you!
AS: +201 vs DS: +403 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +89 = -90
A clean miss.

A voice screeches from beyond the barrier, "Pry the bars off."

A zombie tries to bite you!
AS: +195 vs DS: +403 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +9 = -175
A clean miss.

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say, "No no."

You exclaim, "No!"

A zombie's eyes flash bright red!
A zombie tries to bite you!
AS: +195 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +41 = -115
A clean miss.

A zombie tries to bite you!
AS: +195 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +67 = -89
A clean miss.

Lord Nekales just arrived.

A zombie claws at Skyfawn!
AS: +161 vs DS: +702 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +13 = -505
A clean miss.

One of the zombies begins to tear at the iron bars.

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 115 = 117 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
THT 68, d100 roll: 12, modified: 129
and hits for 20 points of damage!
... +3 extra hits. Well placed kick to foot forces foe to parry down!

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

A zombie claws at Skyfawn!
AS: +201 vs DS: +702 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +4 = -474
A clean miss.

Kahlthnor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

A zombie claws at you!
AS: +201 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +65 = -86
A clean miss.

Iarahn just arrived.
Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the zombie, Iarahn's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

A zombie claws at Ilvane!
AS: +201 vs DS: +416 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +70 = -126
A clean miss.

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 119 = 113 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
THT 68, d100 roll: 14, modified: 127
and hits for 19 points of damage!
... +2 extra hits. Kick to side.

Ilvane blinks.

Iarahn regains control of his senses!

A zombie claws at Ilvane!
AS: +201 vs DS: +416 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +71 = -125
A clean miss.

Iarahn scowls.

Kahlthnor grabs Iarahn and drags him up with him.

A zombie claws at you!
AS: +161 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +37 = -154
A clean miss.

You clasp Nekales's hand tenderly.

A zombie claws at Skyfawn!
AS: +161 vs DS: +702 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +92 = -426
A clean miss.

Lady Ilvane just went up.

A massive thud echoes about the chamber, wood splintering and flying in every direction.

A zombie tries to bite you!
AS: +195 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +6 = -150
A clean miss.

You hear the faint thoughts of Tianni echo in your mind:
"Zombies in the tomb"

You gasp.

You say, "Nekales"

A zombie's eyes flash bright red!
A zombie claws at Kahlthnor!
AS: +201 vs DS: +263 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +68 = +41
A clean miss.

Lady Ilvane just arrived.

Iarahn just arrived.

A zombie tries to bite Ilvane!
AS: +195 vs DS: +416 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +90 = -111
A clean miss.

Nekales asks, "what?"

Kahlthnor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane swings an opal-hilted crimson steel backsword at a zombie!
AS: +264 vs DS: +105 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +76 = +263
... and hits for 52 points of damage!
Jagged slash to the zombie's left arm!
Cut clean through at the wrist.
Need a hand?
The zombie stares at her mangled stump as if she is unable to comprehend that it is missing.

A zombie's eyes flash bright red!
A zombie tries to bite Iarahn!
AS: +195 vs DS: +222 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +38 = +45
A clean miss.

Ilvane swings an opal-hilted crimson steel backsword at a zombie!
AS: +264 vs DS: +105 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +71 = +258
... and hits for 61 points of damage!
Amazing shot through the zombie's nose enters the brain!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the zombie's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The zombie falls to the ground, a lifeless lump of flesh.

You say, "Something just exploded"

Nekales says, "i know"

A zombie tries to bite you!
AS: +195 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +2 = -154
A clean miss.

A zombie quickly decomposes before your eyes.

Nekales frowns.

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 115 = 117 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
THT 68, d100 roll: 36, modified: 153
and hits for 28 points of damage!
... +3 extra hits. Kick to foe's chest stuns it.

Overcome by the pure evil emanating from the zombie, Iarahn's arms fall slack at his side and his eyes fill with paralyzing fear!

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 90 = 142 -- Gain advantage!
Expert maneuver! Perfect position.
THT 68, d100 roll: 56, modified: 198
and hits for 43 points of damage!
... +2 extra hits. Kick to side.
A zombie wails in tortured anguish!

A zombie glares at Nekales and gurgles, "Just want your eyes... taste good..."

A zombie claws at Nekales!
AS: +191 vs DS: +403 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +4 = -173
A clean miss.

Iarahn regains control of his senses!

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 115 = 117 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
THT 68, d100 roll: 57, modified: 174
and hits for 35 points of damage!
... +7 extra hits. Kick to foe's chest stuns it.

Iarahn squints.

Ilvane swings an opal-hilted crimson steel backsword at a zombie!
AS: +264 vs DS: +85 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +14 = +221
... and hits for 41 points of damage!
Elbow punctured, oh what pain!

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 90 = 142 -- Gain advantage!
Expert maneuver! Perfect position.
THT 68, d100 roll: 96, modified: 238
and hits for 56 points of damage!
... +6 extra hits. Kick to foe's chest stuns it.

A faint feminine whisper can be heard just beyond the barrier, the words coming forth mystical in nature.

A zombie spins around to look behind itself, almost falling over.

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 127 = 105 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
(Fumble! @ 5) rolled: 3
Off balance! Nearly tripped.

Ilvane blinks.

You blink.

You attempt to kick a zombie!
MB: 232 vs MB: 127 = 105 -- Gain advantage!
Rapid move! Gained initiative.
THT 68, d100 roll: 53, modified: 158
and hits for 30 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the zombie's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The zombie falls to the ground, a lifeless lump of flesh.

Nekales blinks.

A zombie quickly decomposes before your eyes.

Iarahn says, "I heard something..."

Iarahn frowns.

Nekales says, "a woman"

You say, "A voice"

One of the iron bars begins to warp and melt, molten metal dripping to the floor.

Nekales says, "man i hope it is not yfa"

You hear the faint thoughts of Skyfawn echo in your mind:
"all little ones should get to town"

You blink.

You say, "Look"

(Aranrhod points at the bars)

You hear the faint thoughts of Skyfawn echo in your mind:
"the door is coming open in the tomb"

Iarahn says, "Melting..."

Tianni just arrived.

Tianni gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tianni gestures at you.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Ilvane says, "Funny how suddenly they can open it."

Ilvane frowns.

You hear the faint thoughts of Skyfawn echo in your mind:
"zombies are tearing open the door"

You reach out and hold Tianni's hand.

Nekales says, "not so suddenly, they have been trying for ever it seems"

Iarahn says, "If I knew I'd be seeing this my first night in the town, I'd have stayed inside..."

Iarahn frowns.

You ask, "Was that a friendly spell Tianni?"

You grin at Tianni.

The womans voice becomes louder. "It is not working, more power, I need more power. Grant me all of your power."

Tianni just went up.

You exclaim, "No!"

Nekales yells, "don't grant her anything"

Nekales clasps his hand over his mouth.

Davlos rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Iarahn says, "I met with Xeldria in Ta'Vaalor... the influence of the spirits made itself known when I saw her."

Kahlthnor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Skyfawn says, "that it is soon"

Great Lord Grandevr just arrived.

Tierus says, "Aranrhod."

The barrier flares moon white again, fighting off the crimson waves flashing within it.

Tierus asks, "Is it... true?"

Kahlthnor blinks.

You blink.

Kahlthnor says, "Whoa."

You nod to Tierus.

Tierus slides a rubied black ora signet ring onto his finger.

Davlos works his fingers under his vultite warhelm and scratches his head.

Nekales nods.

Iarahn frowns.

(Tierus holds his hands up before the barrier, sighing in frustration.)

Tianni just arrived.

Keriddwen just arrived.

Alyxandrah just arrived.

Tierus exclaims, "Nae now. Nae now. Ronan, nae!"

Iarahn says, "I wouldn't touch it.."

You ask, "How can we keep them in?"

Kahlthnor asks, "Anyone able ta read the runes?"

You hear the sound of a woman screaming with rage.

Tierus asks, "Yfa?"

Keriddwen's jaw drops.

Ilvane says, "Stay put."

Kahlthnor blinks.

Alyxandrah asks, "What's going on?"

You blink.

You sense Kadesha looking in on you.

Nekales asks, "there names?"

You say, "No"

Tierus says, "Yfa. Are ye..."

You hear the voice of Nodyre ask in guild speak, "Any ambushers 'ere 'sides me?"

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say in guild speak, "Aye."

(Tierus glances about, his eyes confused.)

Ilvane says, "You saw, the barrier was renewed."

Iarahn squints.

Nekales says in guild speak, "i am"

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say in guild speak, "But I nae kill the undead."

Ilvane smiles.

You hear the voice of Nodyre say in guild speak, "good to know"

Tierus asks, "Ah... Yfa, is tha' ye?"

Iarahn ponders.

You hear the voice of Nodyre say in guild speak, "Kahl, get a blessing"

You hear someone laugh.

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say in guild speak, "Not in yer life."

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Tianni just went up.

You hear someone chuckling.

"Stop holding back, give me your most powerful spells, we must not fail."

Iarahn says, "Renewed or unbreakable..."

Nekales shakes his head.

You say, "I do not know"

Tianni just arrived.

Nekales blinks at Tianni.

You hear someone whistling to himself in the shadows.

You say, "Kadesha"

Tianni says, "I shouldn't be here."

Tianni begins to weave a spell at the barrier.

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say, "She needs spells."

Alyxandrah glances at Tianni.

Tierus asks, "Oh. Yer dwarf-friends fin'lly leave?"

You say, "Something is happening"

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Tianni!"

Tierus glances at Kadesha.

Nekales exclaims in guild speak, "bind her!"

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor exclaim, "Tianni!"

Tianni's lower lip trembles slightly.

Alyxandrah just tried to pull Tianni towards her!

The barrier begins to falter.

Ilvane grabs Tianni and tries to drag her, but she doesn't budge.

Tianni asks, "WHAT?"

Ilvane grabs Tianni and drags her up with her.

Tierus stares off into space.

Iarahn frowns.

Keriddwen says, "barrier starting to falter"

Alyxandrah places her hand on her crimson crab pendant.

(Aranrhod stares at the bars)

You say, "There were two zombies"

Iarahn frowns.

You say, "And voices"

One of the iron bars simply falls to the ground, disintegrated into a crimson dust as it hits the soil.

You say, "And"

You say, "That"

Alyxandrah gasps.

Brediph cringes.

Kadesha asks, "ok whats happened?"

(Aranrhod points to the bar)

Tierus recites:
"Ronan, Lord High o' tha Night
Lend yer strength. Lend yer might!
Strengthen, lord, tha halfling heart!
Tha' keeps these Nine a world apart!"

Nekales says, "gods protect us"

Iarahn says, "They will."

You hear the voice of Sheka swearing fluidly and vividly at Tierus.

Iarahn nods to Nekales.

You hear someone laugh.

(Nekales makes any form of holy symbol he can think of)

Leiarres smiles grimly

Tierus raises his onyx Ronan symbol skyward!

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say, "Hello Sheka"

Grandevr says, "The Northern Fury is prepared and are currently on Standby to deal with any possible Invasion"

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "Hello."

Alyxandrah says, "That's comforting."

Tianni just arrived.

Brediph chuckles.

Kahlthnor says, "Come outta hiding Sheka. We must talk."

Iarahn tightens his grip on his imflass warsword.

You say, "No...Ilvane and I killed the zombies"

A crimson lance rips through the iron-reinforced door, leaving a slender sliver, revealing nothing but darkness.

Kahlthnor blinks.

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Blaylock winces.

Tierus sings:
"Ronan, blessed King o' Shade
'Tis now time tha' they wir stayed!
Show yer po'er, Night Lord mine
Let yer force 'gainst Council shine!"

You hear the voice of Sheka ask, "What the Flames is happening?"

Tierus kneels down and begins to recite prayers.

Iarahn says, "To think.. seeing this now."

Iarahn frowns.

You hear the faint thoughts of Skyfawn echo in your mind:
"the bars are droping from the door"

You hear the voice of Nodyre say, "dis should be interestin..."

Leiarres says, "Like she don't know"

Tierus says, "Please, Ronan... they've defied ye..."

Ilvane glances at Tianni.

Tierus exclaims, "Dun' allow this tae 'appen!"

You hear the voice of Kahlthnor say in guild speak, "That's what I be thinkin."

You hear the faint thoughts of Sticky echo in your mind:
"for all those wondering, the Zombies are trying to pull open the door in the mausoleum. Anyone not near title age or higher shouldn't try to brave it..."

Keriddwen asks, "how many o the possessed be around?"

Keriddwen shivers.

Iarahn says, "If not Ronan, then Koar."

Tianni says, "Just... me."

Iarahn nods to Tierus.

Ilvane says, "Just one, and she was helping."

Someone hisses from the shadows behind Tianni.

The reinforcements upon the door buckle outward, all of the bars bending. The barrier flickers, flickers, flickers, then a wash of bright white energy cascades from top to bottom.

Tierus exclaims, "Nae!"

Ilvane says, "Tianni, please for all that is good, please leave."

Grafth says, "tomb opening nae a good thing"

Keriddwen's jaw drops.

Tierus stands up.

You gasp.

Tianni covers her eyes with her hands.

Ilvane just tried to pull Tianni towards her!

Nekales just tried to pull Tianni towards him!

You hear someone cackle.

Tierus asks, "Doesnae any'un 'ave iron bars?"

Tierus exclaims, "We need tae push!"

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Kadesha runs her hand softly over the surface of her Lorminstra symbol. A pale glow surrounds the symbol as its surface shimmers for a moment with the image of a golden key on a field of black.

(Tierus holds his shield out in front of himself and leans against the barrier.)

Grafth grumbles.

Kadesha snaps around as though something just pinched her.

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "Hello Witch."

Kahlthnor grins evilly.

Keriddwen touches her longsword and is overcome briefly with a serene look.

Dortren says, "i ready"

Tierus says, "C'mon, 'Mulers. Do wha's right, fer once."

Alyxandrah asks, "And that would be?"

Keriddwen asks, "and what would that be Tierus?"

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Tierus.

Keriddwen begins chuckling at Alyxandrah.

Keriddwen nods.

Nekales says, "i wonder if a communion would help kep them sealed up"

Tierus says, "Dabbings gave 'is soul's strength tae keep 'em inside."

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "Hush Princess"

Tierus says, "We shoul' honor 'is mem'ry."

Kadesha says, "think I shall ignore Sheka an be concerned more with what really matters"

Lukavi ducks his head.

You hear the sound of a woman's voice. It is a very familiar voice. "The seal holds, so you shall all live another night. You will not be so lucky next time. I will have all your souls and all that you are."


This log is from the viewpoint of Atoyoz and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about a half-hour after the previous log...
***END NOTE***

[Stronghold, North Hall]
Deep piles of dust have drifted up against the lintels of a huge ora door on the southeast wall of the hallway. All around the sill, sigils have been carved into the stone wall in an interlocking pattern of blocky glyphs. The symbols are obscure and meaningless, however their design is handsome. The passageway skews to the north where light can be seen filling the adjoining room, making the gloom of the hallway more pronounced. You also see a stone mastiff.
Also in the room: Lady Raulda, Lord Arkans, Xayd, Chomm, Helvis, Lord Perigourd
Obvious exits: north, west.

A thick cloud of dust comes floating down the corridor toward you. It moves quickly, as if something inside its hazy perimeter is propelling it forward. As it passes, cold envelops you, its touch profoundly disturbing. It moves a few feet further, then frays into nothing.

***Lot of fighting of mastiffs by various Fury members***

An Illoke shaman rises out of the ground and shouts, "Death to the invaders! You shall feel the cool grip of Illoke on your soft corpse!"

[Stronghold, North Hall]
The hallway is impressively tall, its high ceiling giving it a narrow appearance although it is of spacious width. Large tiles cover the floor, their rich sienna surfaces incised with glyphs. On the stone walls, ora braziers are bolted at intervals. They are crafted in a blocky style, which is elegant in its simplicity. The light held in each fixture flickers to life as the shadow of movement passes before it. You also see an Illoke mystic.
Also in the room: Lady Raulda, Lord Arkans, Xayd, Chomm, Helvis, Lord Perigourd
Obvious exits: north, east, southwest.

***Lots of fighting of mystics and shamans by various Fury members***

You hear a soft whisper cajoling you from within. "We shall break the seal together, but you will only be a witness to the destruction I shall bring down upon Icemule."

[Stronghold, Entry Hall]
The entry hall is immense, with walls reaching up into darkness high above. Fanned by an intermittent breeze, the air is markedly cooler than the courtyard outside. Passages lead off in two directions, both shrouded in an unnerving haze, which lends the shadows the appearance of movement. A stone lintel is placed over the huge arch leading outside. Its surface is covered with ancient glyphs, their meaning lost in antiquity. You also see an Illoke shaman that appears stunned.
Also in the room: Lady Raulda, Lord Arkans, Xayd, Helvis, Lord Syberus, Lord Perigourd, Monax
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast.

***Lot of fighting of mastiffs, shaman and mystics by various Fury members***

You feel an odd sensation, then hear a soft chuckle. "Don't mind me, I need to borrow a bit of your very life."

You feel drained!

An Illoke shaman crumbles into a mass of shiny rocks, leaving nothing behind.

You exclaim, "I need to get to base camp now!"

You try to pull Perigourd towards you.

[Thanatoph, Upper Landing]
Set before a massive stone stronghold is a landing shaped like a crescent moon. An enormous stone altar reigns over the landing, leaving very little room to maneuver. The wind tugs at you, forcing you to hold onto the altar to steady yourself. The landing below you appears small and forlorn, the ancient stone stairs their only lifeline. Behind the altar, a set of massive intricately carved ora double doors stand guard over the entrance to the stone stronghold. You also see the Silversoft disk.
Also here: Lady Raulda, Lord Arkans, Xayd, Helvis, Lord Perigourd, Lord Syberus, Monax, Barvel, Great Lady Silversoft, Lord Turinrond, the body of Chomm who is lying down, Great Lord Atlanteax, Great Lord Grandevr, Lady Kaittee who is seated, Hhooru who is seated, Crovenant, Lord Karamozov
Obvious paths: none.

You hear the ghostly voice of Chomm say, "I think I'll just sit here this time"

Karamozov looks over at Hhooru and shakes his head.

You sit down.

Crovenant says, "Okay, don't heal Chomm then"

Perigourd nods to you.

The spirit of Chomm sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

You nod to Perigourd.

A massive Illoke shaman appears standing before the stone altar. He cracks a wicked smile in your direction before sinking his long-bladed ritual dagger into the heart of a striped gak. The gak's eyes open wide a moment, it exhales one last time and dies, its blood running over the altar and trickling towards you. The shaman turns towards you, taking a few steps in your direction, but fades into nothingness a few feet away!

A maniacal laughter rings through the air, echoing off the mountain, sending chills down your spine!

Grandevr peers quizzically at Kaittee.

Crovenant stares off into space.

Perigourd whispers, "ya alright?"

You say, "Go back in."

Helvis gulps.

You nod to Perigourd.

Perigourd chuckles.

Perigourd asks, "anyone else wanna join us?"

Raulda says, "Im ready"

Raulda raises her fist defiantly.

Grandevr says, "I'll be joining you soon Peri"

Helvis says, "Got a broken arm an' leg."

Kaittee says, "if i have clearance"

Kaittee glances at Grandevr.

Perigourd recites:
"Movin' back in then"

Lord Perigourd's group went through some massive ora double doors.


This log is from the viewpoint of Iscikella and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about ten minutes after the previous log...
***END NOTE***

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall.
Obvious exits: southwest, up.

You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

A familiar voice says from within, "Good evening, I'm afraid I'm going to need you to share your very essence with me."

You feel drained!

You sense Atoyoz looking in on you.

Lady Atoyoz just arrived.

Atoyoz sits down.

Atoyoz trembles.

You ask, "Something wrong, Atoyoz?"

You notice Atoyoz turn her head in your direction. You fail to slip from hiding unnoticed.

Atoyoz says, "I heard a voice."

Atoyoz says, "maybe more..."

You say, "So did I..."

Atoyoz says, "I'm not really sure"

You nod.

You say, "Asking about sharing my essence"

Atoyoz asks, "Did you just hear it once?"

You ask, "Is that what ye heard?"

Atoyoz says, "maybe"

Atoyoz furrows her brow.

Atoyoz says, "I was in the stronghold..."

Atoyoz says, "things were very confusing"

Atoyoz says, "So many odd things happen there anyway."

You ask, "What did it say?"

Atoyoz says, "The first thing I noticed was a cloud of dust."

You ask, "Essence, are ye awake?"

You squint.

Atoyoz says, "But that may be normal in the stronghold."

Atoyoz says, "Then something whispered to me about breaking the seal."

You blink at Atoyoz.

You ask, "After what happened here?"

Atoyoz nods to you.

Atoyoz says, "Only a short while ago"

You nod to Atoyoz.

Atoyoz says, "I ran back here as quickly as I could."

You say, "I heard it but shortly ago too."

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Kadesha.

You rub Atoyoz.

Atoyoz exclaims, "I heard something say it needed to borrow my life!"

You nod to Atoyoz.

Atoyoz hugs her knees and sways side to side.

Kadesha says, "uh oh"

You say, "Mine said needed me to share my essence."

Kadesha rubs Atoyoz gently.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Kadesha rubs you gently.

You bite your lip.

Kadesha says, "since it wasnt yer husbands, I assume trouble"

Kadesha stares off into space.

Atoyoz says, "Then I saw an Illoke Shaman at the altar...I'm quite sure that's normal there though."

You say, "It drained me."

You say, "Drained my spirit."

You shudder.

Atoyoz blinks.

Atoyoz says, "I'm not sure if that happened to me or not."

You say, "It drained me."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Kadesha asks, "was awhile ago Iscikella?"

Atoyoz says, "It was too confusing in there."

Atoyoz says, "I knew I shouldn't have gone."

Atoyoz hangs her head.

You hear the voice of Sheka say, "You look quite pale, Misguided One."

You hear someone snicker.


These notes are from the viewpoint of Vonka and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character.

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up about an hour after the previous log...
***END NOTE***

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall.
Also here: Tianni, Nekales, Junis
Obvious exits: southwest, up.

A soft voice within you says, "I will need a piece of you, you don't mind do you." You sense laughter deep inside your mind."

You feel drained!

Junis symbol glows slightly.



Button Link to Thurfel Main