Ruthless Fates -- Part I
Restday, day 28 of the month Jastatos in the year 5101

Early Morning...

[Chortel's Chuckles]
A tall glass pyramid dominates the center of the room, the case filled with a variety of odd novelties and trinkets. Directly above the small crystal edifice, a single glass eye of enormous proportion leers out from the ceiling, the orb rotating as if staring down into the room.

After a moment's silence a flame-tailed cat prances into the room and glances upward.

Alyxandrah blinks.

Perigourd says, "erm"

Aramina flails her arms about.

(Morandas hands CHortel a rather large needle.)

Alyxandrah beams!

Alyxandrah blinks.

You exclaim, "Oh my!"

Alyxandrah says, "Evening, m'lord."

You chuckle.

Chortel continues working on the zombie.

Alyxandrah pets a flame-tailed cat.

Roelon bows to you.

Perigourd asks, "why's thurfel's cat here?"

You say, "Evening, Flametail."

Roelon says, "Evenin again."

Aranrhod waves to Roelon.

Roelon bows to Aranrhod.

Blackscythe says, "Im scared when da merchants are quiet fer a long tyme. Next ting ta know ya got a third arm growin out yer forhead"

Palooka chuckles.

Morandas says, "Dont poke yerself with that needle CHortel, yer will get hydrophobia"

Aranrhod smiles at Roelon.

You ask, "Why are ye about this eve?"

Alyxandrah says, "Prolly wants a toy."

Alyxandrah removes a badly cracked toy crab from in her veniom-threaded cloak.

(Iscikella tilts her head at the cat.)

Alyxandrah hugs her toy crab and its eyes bulge out alarmingly!

Roelon stretches.

Hypherdol curtsies to Chortel.

Naora raises an eyebrow.

Plumbley's group just arrived.

The flame-tailed cat purrs, "I sense the staff is nearby"

Perigourd pets a flame-tailed cat.

Nadinna says, "The... uh... there's a... cat..."

Nadinna sniffs.

Plumbley bounces around happily.

Xulia gasps.

Xulia giggles.

You ask, "Here?"

Nadinna says, "I'm horribly allergic."

Alyxandrah blinks.

Chortel asks, "talking cats?"

Nadinna covers her nose tightly.

Roelon says, "Oiy. Nae even in the festival can we escape the fire master."

Cattriona cocks her head at Chortel.

Perigourd says, "it's thurfels cat"

Morandas says, "the only good cat is a dead cat"

Perigourd nods to Chortel.

(Iscikella blinks at the cat.)

Summerlyn shudders.

Cattriona says, "Catts can talk"

Chortel asks, "don't we have security here?"

Summerlyn nods to Morandas.

Lavinnia leans on Cattriona.

Plumbley gawks at Morandas.

You say, "Oh, this one talks."

Cattriona glowers darkly at Morandas.

Akane asks, "who is Thurfel?"

Clearity says, "Why not... we allow dwarves to talk."

You nod to Chortel.

Tanager says, "Staff? I take it he doesn't mean festival staff...."

Nadinna says, "Yes, shoo it off."

Nadinna nods to Chortel.

Lavinnia looks over at Chortel and shakes her head.

Perigourd says, "thurfel is a firemage in icemule"

Xulia gawks at Perigourd.

Perigourd says, "one of the council of the 10"

(Roelon stares at the cat, his hand reaching for his harness.)

Alyxandrah glances at Roelon.

Perigourd says, "atleast he was"

Tanager glances at Roelon.

Alyxandrah looks over at Roelon and shakes her head.

Alyxandrah says, "Do not."

Roelon glances at Alyxandrah.

The flame-tailed cat sits down.

(Aranrhod glances at the cat)

(Tanager glances at the flame-tailed cat.)

(Nadinna flips her hand at the cat, shooing it off.)

Alyxandrah pets a flame-tailed cat.

Naora grunts. How charming.

(Morandas kicks a cat dead square in its arse.)

Volsix says, "What the heck is that thing."

Aranrhod glances at Chortel.

Roelon says, "Long as Isci's other half does nae blow it up.."

You ask, "How close to ye believe the staff to be, Flametail?"

Morandas says, "hey, thats one hell of a hairy rat."

Perigourd pets a flame-tailed cat.

Naryia pets a flame-tailed cat.

Chortel shows Maeror his slime-gray toy zombie.

Naryia pets a flame-tailed cat.

Plumbley exclaims, "Cat, your name is Red!"

Maeror says, "i love it"

Xulia beams happily at Plumbley!

Plumbley pets a flame-tailed cat.

Roelon says, "nae touch it."

Roelon gives Naryia a good pinch!

Roelon chuckles.

Nadinna says, "You think you could take to your feline friend somewhere else? He's wrecking havok on my sinuses."

Maeror beams happily at Chortel!

Naryia asks, "why?"

Aranrhod asks, "Cat why do you care about toys?"

(Nadinna's eyes being tearing slightly.)

Volsix asks, "Don't touch that cat?"

Roelon says, "The cat be bad luck."

(Naryia snarfs at Roelon.)

You mutter something inaudible.

Xulia pets a flame-tailed cat.

Roelon sticks out his tongue and lets loose with a loud, "Thbtbtbtbt" from his lips!

Jacinto says, "Thurfel knows that Chortel has power"

The flame-tailed cat purrs, "I believe the staff is on the grounds somewhere, it can't fall into the wrong hands, or Icemule is doomed."

You pet the flame-tailed cat.

Chortel says, "shut up"

Xulia waves to the flame-tailed cat.

(Volsix touches the cat. Note the lack of Impulse Control?)

Jacinto says, "Err"

Alyxandrah nods to the flame-tailed cat.

Aranrhod raises an eyebrow.

Chortel says, "get the cat out of here"

Plumbley gawks at Chortel.

Jacinto asks, "Hasn't yer master tried to burn Icemule before?"

Chortel says, "can't work with talking cats"

Volfe says, "hehe"

Decimate chuckles.

Jacinto chuckles.

Ysharra laughs!

Chortel says, "sheesh"

Arimantis just arrived.

Volsix exclaims, "Hey, move!"

Roelon says, "Ye kin so."

Lavinnia chuckles.

Roelon pokes Chortel in the ribs.

You say, "No reason to be afraid of the cat."

(Morandas kicks a cat dead square in its arse.)

Tanager says, "No way for us to remove it if it doesn't want to go... familiars are unpleasant like that."

Chortel asks, "that look ok to ye Maeror?"

Alyxandrah glares at Morandas with a murderous glint in her eyes, her lips tightening into a cool sneer.

Morandas says, "hey, my foot is on fire."

Roelon says, "Ye work with talking fireflies."

Arimantis says, "Hiya there cat"

Jacinto grins at a flame-tailed cat.

Maeror says, "aye, it's great"

(Morandas is hopping about.)

Maeror nods to Chortel.

Tanager asks, "If you could remove it, however...?"

Chortel grins.

You say, "Serves ye right."

Tanager smiles at Chortel.

You glance at Morandas.

Arimantis offers Chortel a frosted worm tart.

Elendryl says, "That is a nice familiar."

Cattriona glances at Chortel.

Nadinna says, "It's obviously following her."

Nadinna points at you.

Arimantis says, "Best I could do"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Cattriona asks, "Talking Catts have to go?"

Sindani looks at Arimantis and gags.

Roelon glances at Cattriona.

Aranrhod says, "I am not going on a false staff hunt"

Cattriona begins pouting.

Roelon coughs.

Roelon grins.

Perigourd stands up.

Xulia glances at Cattriona and begins to wail!

Perigourd sits down.

Roelon flings himself against Cattriona, bounces off of her, and giggles madly!

Chortel says, "ewww"

Perigourd stands up.

Maeror says, "worm tart is not marizpan"

Nadinna sniffs.

Nadinna frowns.

Alyxandrah says, "I wonder where.."

Morandas asks, "Why is it following a Scarbag? I mean, empath?"

Alyxandrah furrows her brow.

Chortel offers his slime-gray toy zombie to Maeror for some silver.

Arimantis says, "Is a creepy festival.. what ya want.."

Roelon just touched a dark alloy weapons harness.

Perigourd whispers, "how close does it sense the staff?"

Roelon squints.

Ysharra begins chuckling at Morandas.

Xeldria ponders.

Roelon drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready posture.

Nadinna says, "Because she's having an affair with it's wizard."

Arimantis whispers, "whats I miss?"

Arimantis pets a flame-tailed cat.

You ask, "So, Flametail, is there any way to know where the staff might be?"

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, "Says he senses the staff."

(Nadinna wipes her watery eyes with the back of her arm.)

Volsix asks, "What staff?"

Volfe says, "erm "

Roelon asks, "Tell me, Thurfel. Are ye hands any better then the nine?"

The flame-tailed cat purrs, "If I knew where it was, I'd have it."

Roelon grins.

The flame-tailed cat rubs up against the Volfe disk.

Nadinna says, "It's obviously not here."

Morandas says, "Well, I say that any woman who talks to her kitty needs her head examined."

Nadinna sniffs.

Morandas says, "course, thats just me"

Volfe says, "its not here. get out"

Morandas nods.

Alyxandrah blinks at you.

(Iscikella tilts her head at the flame-tailed cat.)

Alyxandrah whispers, "You don't think..."

Arimantis whispers, "there is a staff for sale in Hsark's"

Ysharra glances at Morandas.

Volsix says, "Thurfel eh? Then you're talking about the Staff of Amasalen."

Ysharra clasps her hand over her mouth.

Volsix chuckles.

Chortel leans on Cattriona.

Alyxandrah whispers, "Your serpent..."

Aranrhod glances at Cattriona.

You blink at Arimantis.

Volsix says, "Nofret has that, I thought."

Aranrhod mutters under her breath.

Volfe waves at the Volfe disk in a dismissing gesture. The Volfe disk disintegrates, dropping everything on the ground.

Alyxandrah clasps her hand over her mouth.

Roelon nods to Volsix.

Cattriona glances at Chortel.

Arimantis nods to you.

Chortel exclaims, "pay up Maeror!"

You ask, "What?"

Maeror says, "i'm trying to"

You blink.

Chortel grins.

Tanager says, "Speaking as a wizard... I assure you, cats are constantly speaking to and about one."

Aranrhod says, "No one has it"

Tanager gazes heavenward.

Maeror says, "you had an outstanding offer"

Aranrhod nods.

In the white leather satchel you see some smooth crystal worry stones, a white flask, a small rod, a delicate onyx black lace chemise, a twisted black toy serpent, some delicate ivory prayer beads, a flacon of lavender perfume, a flaky rainbow tart, a heavy rod and a glass of deep red burgundy wine.

Maeror says, "i couldn't hand you the note"

Tanager says, "Sometimes quite rudely, but."

Alyxandrah looks thoughtfully at you.

Jacinto exclaims, "Why in the name of Gosaena are you searching for the Staff of Amasalen in a toy shop!"

Arimantis asks, "Where ya feelin it mights be?"

Jacinto flails his arms about.

Aranrhod says, "But..."

You say, "the serpent is in the satchel"

You tap a gold-trimmed white leather satchel.

Alyxandrah says, "Aye..."

Maeror says, "someone tried to give you a worm tart"

Jacinto exclaims, "This is a toy shop!"

Maeror offers Chortel a Wehnimer's promissory note.

Naryia says, "because Iscikella is here prolly"

Aranrhod peers quizzically at you.

Chortel accepts Maeror's promissory note.

Alyxandrah whispers, "And what's IN it?"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Aranrhod says, "Do not touch it"

Jacinto says, "Not a STAFF OF POWER SPOT"

Aranrhod just tried to pull you towards her!

Jacinto shakes his head.

Chortel offers Maeror a disgusting slime-gray toy zombie.

You whisper quietly to Alyxandrah, "Nothing I know of."

Maeror accepts Chortel's slime-gray toy zombie.

Cattriona nods to Jacinto.

Tanager says, "And he's expressed interest, too."

Tanager smiles slightly.

Roelon says, "The staff kin be anywhere."

Maeror hugs his slime-gray toy zombie and its eyes bulge out alarmingly!

Chortel offers Maeror a Wehnimer's promissory note.

Maeror beams!

Alyxandrah whispers, "Nothing you know of..."

Chortel grins.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Perigourd whispers, "you have a serpent?"

Maeror says, "thanks very much"

Perigourd peers quizzically at you.

Maeror dances around the room to music only he can hear.

Arimantis asks, "Cat.. where ya thinkin it is?"

Krisenfest leans against a tall glass pyramid.

Maeror dances around the room to music only he can hear.

Volsix asks, "So the staff is here, is it?"

Volsix says, "On the grounds.."

Naryia stifles a yawn.

Lombrosis mutters something about icemule.

Volsix scratches his chin.

(Alyxandrah glances at the flame-tailed cat.)

Aranrhod says, "Mmm hmm"

The cat begins to melt, its form distorting badly.

Kwib shifts his eyes to Chortel.

Morandas grins evilly.

Lyricaen blinks.

Nadinna exclaims, "For the love of Koar, that cat...!"

You ask, "Flametail, any way we could know if we found the staff?"

Nadinna sneezes.

Volsix says, "I left Icemule months ago, but kept a close watch on the happenings."

The cat screams in agony.

Morandas says, "yes,. but only a few of us do"

Aranrhod blinks.

Alyxandrah gasps.

Perigourd says, "erm"

You blink.

Jacinto says, "Icemule"

Arimantis asks, "Is it perhaps hidden in one the shopes?"

Jacinto shudders.

(Aranrhod glances at the cat)

You exclaim, "Oh my!"

Maeror put a disgusting slime-gray toy zombie in his oak casket.

Maeror says, "ooh it fits"

Aramina gulps.

The cat dissolves into a puddle.

Nadinna asks, "Does anyone have some tkaro root?"

Nadinna sniffs.

Alyxandrah's jaw drops.

Ysharra blinks.

Lunatick gasps.

Alyxandrah clasps her hand over her mouth.

Aranrhod says, "Cat puddle"

Roelon sniffs.

Morandas says, "thats a nasty cat puddle ya got there"

Chortel says, "that looked pleasant"

Lunatick exclaims, "the cat!"

Morandas nods to Chortel.

(Iscikella stares at the puddle.)

Tanager says, "So much for that familiar."

Tanager blinks.

Alyxandrah's face turns slightly pale.

Chortel says, "whose going to clean it"

You say, "Hardly."

Volsix says, "So the staff is near.."

Perigourd chuckles.

Morandas removes a long handled broom from in his scarlet cape.

Alyxandrah clasps her arms around her knees and rocks back and forth.

Nadinna says, "My head is so stuffed from that cat hair, I'm about to explode."

You say, "Poor little thing."

Ysharra says, "Going to clog your drain."

Volfe says, "hrm"

(Morandas sweeps up)

Morandas waves a long handled broom around.

Lombrosis says, "it's a cuddle"

Ysharra nods to Chortel.

(Lunatick licks up the cat puddle)

Tanager removes a scarlet and gold silk handkerchief from in her wool greatcloak.

Morandas waves a long handled broom around.

(Morandas sweeps up)

Jacinto grins at Chortel.

Aranrhod says, "Umm"

Alyxandrah gazes in awe at the crab in her hand.

Morandas waves a long handled broom around.

Aranrhod gags.

(Morandas sweeps up)

Lunatick says, "all gone"

Jacinto says, "Gotta watch those staffs of power"

Arimantis fidgets.

Jacinto says, "Terrible on business"

Morandas asks, "hows that?"

Jacinto grins at Chortel.

Morandas raises an eyebrow in Chortel's direction.

(Tanager glances ruefully at her once-pristine handkerchief and begins smudging ineffectively at the place where the cat previously was.)

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Chortel asks, "fly, you got another you want me to work for or you going to sleep there like a giantman after his first ale?"

Roelon asks, "Ye nae any urge to kill the feline tonight?"

Roelon glances at you.

Jacinto grins at Chortel.

(Tanager folds her handkerchief and tucks it away again.)

You see Chortel carefully set his giant azure bottlefly in the palm of his hand and gently start it spinning.
Chortel's giant azure bottlefly begins to glow with a deep sapphire blue light as it spins faster and faster. Soon it is spinning so fast it looks like a flashing ball of cold light held in his outstretched hand. Slowly it rises into the air, hovers for a moment, then flies towards Akane, stopping before her surprised face. A soft female voice whispers...
"We choose Akane."
The giant azure bottlefly darts away from Akane and arcs back into Chortel's waiting hand. Slowly it stops spinning until it nestles quietly in his hand.

Lavinnia begins chuckling at Chortel.

Aranrhod grins.

Risma fidgets.

Volsix rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Vurkanaan grins at Chortel.

Chortel says, "Akane"

Akane gasps.

Elendryl applauds Akane.

Morandas put a long handled broom in his scarlet cape.

Naryia smiles at Akane.

Akane lets out a cheer!

Tanager put a scarlet and gold silk handkerchief in her wool greatcloak.

Cattriona turns to Akane and cheers!

Ysharra smiles at Akane.

Lavinnia applauds Akane.

Arimantis whispers, "think it is worth checking out Hsarks"

Volsix says, "The staff is nearby.."

Lyricaen applauds Akane.

Volsix scratches his chin.

Roelon glances at Chortel.

Summerlyn turns to Akane and cheers!

Tolwynn applauds Akane.

Chortel exclaims, "limerick!"

Akane says, "ok my lymerick"

Tanager smiles at Akane.

Naryia leans on Akane.

Clearity just went up.

Roelon says, "How dare ye make such a giantmen comment.."

Ysharra exclaims, "Let's hear your new one!"

Summerlyn says in Sylvankind, "he already said his little lime"

Aranrhod whispers, "It cannot be nearby"

Lunatick exclaims, "i wanna be ME!"

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, "I really don't know."

Roelon sniffs at Chortel.

Evening...

[Lorminstra's Garden, Souls Rest]
The path is lined by small, twisted saplings, struggling for purchase in the scant soil and light remaining after the ancient trees have drunk their fill. Shadows lie across the path, though their shape matches no figure you can see. You also see a grey wolf who is sitting, a ghostly cat who is sitting, a worn path and a faded path.
Also here: High Lady Kadesha, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Alyxandrah, Lord Cezzane, Kryspyn, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Grumstle, Jerael, Arimantis, the Esteemed Thurfel
Obvious paths: north.

Evangalea taps a mistwood staff capped with a pulsating white crystal.

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Armaxis fades into sight next to you.

Cezzane says, "I see"

Alyxandrah glances at Armaxis.

Sheka nods to Armaxis.

Armaxis's serpent suddenly uncoils from around his neck and crawls down his arm, straightening into a staff in his hand.

Kadesha glances at Armaxis.

Alyxandrah says, "Where's Piruvio.."

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Armaxis nods to Sheka.

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

You say, "Good evening, milord."

Cezzane asks, "And you dont think the real one has been found?"

Cezzane peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Evangalea glances at Armaxis.

Arimantis fidgets.

Kadesha nods to Thurfel in greeting.

Elendr sits down.

Elendr hugs his knees and sways side to side.

The ghostly cat yawns.

Sheka says, "I had wondered weither you had heard my telling you Nofret carried a very similar one to the one mentioned."

Sheka nods to Thurfel.

Elendr leans on Alyxandrah.

Jerael says, "He claims that is not the staff."

Armaxis asks, "I heard the staff is near?"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "My lord, the cat said ye sense the staff. Is this true?"

Jerael nods to Sheka.

Armaxis raises an eyebrow in Thurfel's direction.

A black cloud descends upon the evening sky.

Arimantis glances at Armaxis.

Sheka smiles coldly.

Alyxandrah gazes up into the heavens.

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

Thurfel says, "it is found"

You tilt your head up.

Evangalea frowns.

Heuward gazes up into the heavens.

Evangalea gazes up into the heavens.

Setzier suddenly fades into view.

The ghostly cat purrs, "are you going to be here long thurfel? I'd like to see you, but I'm gettin an alteration done"

Alyxandrah blinks.

Elendr tilts his head up.

Kadesha furrows her brow.

Arimantis stares at Thurfel.

Cezzane gazes up into the heavens.

Thurfel squints.

Armaxis says, "Mm, well...that's unpleasant."

Sheka asks, "aye?"

Sheka cocks her head at Thurfel.

Arimantis asks, "It.. as in.. someone has the staff?"

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Found? By who my lord?"

Thurfel says, "but by who"

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"anyone just notice a black cloud decending?"

Alyxandrah glances at you.

Armaxis says, "I've got to go kill someone, now."

Kryspyn raises an eyebrow.

Armaxis clears his throat.

You hear the faint thoughts of Cattriona echo in your mind:
"yes"

Jerael squints.

Setzier leans back.

Arimantis asks, "What else is new?"

Arimantis glances at Armaxis.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Thurfel claims the staff has been found."

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"think we might get some rain"

You hear the faint thoughts of Clunk echo in your mind:
"it got dark"

Evangalea rubs furtively at her tiny leather pouch.

Armaxis says, "Thisss time I have good reason."

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"what?!"

Arimantis smirks.

Arimantis says, "Sure"

The temperature descends alarmingly.

Kryspyn gazes up into the heavens.

Arimantis shivers.

Alyxandrah shivers.

Setzier blinks.

Elendr shivers.

(Sheka glances up at the black cloud.)

Cezzane fidgets.

Elendr trembles.

You shiver.

Kadesha shivers.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"where"

Sheka smiles chillingly.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"He doesn't know by who, but he says it has been found."

You hear the faint thoughts of Clunk echo in your mind:
"and cold"

Elendr struggles to stand, but ends up falling over.

You say, "Rather cold."

Kadesha frowns.

Arimantis just tried to pull a night black spidersilk vestment.

Thurfel takes a deep breath.

Kryspyn shivers.

Evangalea frowns.

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah asks, "Is it here?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Xeldria echo in your mind:
"Eh.. anyone notice it get cold all of a sudden?"

Sheka says, "Indeed. Refreshing."

Thurfel smiles at you.

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Arimantis asks, "Thurfel.. what should we do?"

Evangalea wraps her pearl-studded cloak tightly around herself, as if to keep out the cold.

Elendr stands up.

Sheka nods to you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"yes"

Sheka grins coldly, her eyes reflecting no emotion.

Jerael says, "I suggest we prepare to defend ourselves."

Thurfel asks, "Do you have it Iscikella?"

You say, "I don't think so."

You say, "Not that I know of."

Heuward rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis fidgets.

Heuward says, "not against any of you....but"

Heuward removes a dark green vultite longsword from in his leather weapons harness.

Sheka says, "Check. These things have a way of finding you."

Heuward removes a vultite wall shield from in his leather weapons harness.

Sheka sneers at you.

Jerael says, "What about Opalina. She is near. I hear her in my thoughts."

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

You say, "But, my lord, I did want ye to... look at something."

You gulp.

Setzier grins slowly.

You remove a twisted black toy serpent from in your white leather satchel.

Elendr glances at you.

Elendr furrows his brow.

Arimantis says, "Opalina.. Vonka.. Blizz.. they are all here at the festival"

A small bit of paint from Elendr's face cracks off and falls to the ground.

Sheka glances at you.

Thurfel says, "all the minions"

You gulp.

Evangalea nods to Arimantis.

Thurfel says, "but who has the staff"

Heuward nods to Evangalea.

Alyxandrah gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina touch your mind:
"where's thurfel?"

Sheka says, "Not all...yet"

You show Thurfel your black toy serpent.

Heuward says, "can you feel it"

Arimantis shivers.

Heuward peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Kryspyn fidgets.

You focus your mind on Opalina and think:
"Lorminstra's garden."

Arimantis asks, "Are we sure it is one of them?"

The earth begins to shudder, loose bits of soil awakening from eons of sleep.

Setzier squints.

Setzier checks his footing.

You say, "This toy came to life."

Jerael frowns.

Sheka cackles!

Cezzane fidgets.

Elendr grumbles.

You glance at a twisted black toy serpent.

Elendr shuffles his feet.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"goodness"

Alyxandrah gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Armaxis's serpent staff suddenly crawls up his arm and curls around his neck.

Sheka checks her footing.

(Arimantis stares down at the ground)

Kadesha lifts her Lorminstra symbol reverently to her lips, and its image of a golden key on a field of black pulses for a moment with a pale glow.

Thurfel says, "I fear we have more to worry about then your toy at the moment"

Sheka grins.

You hear the faint thoughts of Clunk echo in your mind:
"uhhh ... earthquake"

You say, "Is there something... "

You gulp.

Thurfel says, "the staff is in somebody's hands"

You say, "I realize."

Elendr gasps.

You ask, "But is there something in it?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Xeldria echo in your mind:
"This isn't good."

Arimantis asks, "How can we find em?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "let me see it"

Lady Opalina came through a faded path.

You offer your black toy serpent to Thurfel, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
Thurfel has accepted your offer and is now holding a twisted black toy serpent.

Arimantis glances at Opalina.

Elendr says, "S-someone... hh-has..."

Jerael says, "Careful, Thurfel.."

Elendr closes his eyes for a moment.

Setzier ponders.

Jerael says, "That could be a trap."

Thurfel waves a hand slowly over the serpent.

Sheka exclaims, "Do speak up!"

Sheka stares at Elendr.

The ghostly cat begins purring.

Alyxandrah just touched Elendr.

Opalina frowns.

Elendr gasps.

Opalina asks, "someone found the staff?"

Elendr cringes.

Elendr says, "no..."

Elendr says, "she's here...."

Arimantis asks, "Do you know what it looks like.. exactly?"

Alyxandrah blinks at Elendr.

Arimantis peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah asks, "Yfa?"

Cezzane nods to Opalina.

Thurfel says, "there is an aura of evil about it, but no magic I sense."

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Elendr.

Elendr exclaims, "Sh'sheshe's here!"

Jerael asks, "Who?"

Thurfel offers you a twisted black toy serpent. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Jerael glances at Elendr.

You accept Thurfel's offer and are now holding a twisted black toy serpent.

Alyxandrah just tried to pull Elendr towards her!

Sheka says, "It looks like the one Nofret has."

Sheka smirks.

You ask, "Nothing in it?"

Elendr cringes.

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Elendr shivers.

Elendr's whole body trembles with fear.

Evangalea peers quizzically at Elendr.

Alyxandrah rubs Elendr gently.

Elendr removes a pungent flask of dark sludge from in his Elven hunting cloak.

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Setzier glances at Armaxis.

Elendr removes a smooth red stone wrapped in thin leather strips from in his Elven hunting cloak.

Elendr shivers.

Elendr trembles.

Armaxis raises an eyebrow in Setzier's direction.

Arimantis says, "There were several staffs on display at the festival.. coulda been any one of em"

Evangalea asks, "you sense her?"

Armaxis nods to Setzier.

Evangalea peers quizzically at Elendr.

You sense Aranrhod looking in on you.

Alyxandrah clenches her jaw.

(Elendr's hands almost lose his hold on the flask, but he manages to put it to his lips.)

Sheka says, "I would like to see you taking it from whoever is holding it."

Sheka nods to Thurfel.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Nothing it it?"

Elendr closes his eyes and bravely gulps the sludge, shuddering slightly.

You put a twisted black toy serpent in your white leather satchel.

Sheka says, "You have such a nice touch."

Sheka cackles!

Elendr rubs furtively at his leather-wrapped stone.

Arimantis asks, "How can we fidn em?"

Thurfel says, "it seems safe milady"

Thurfel says, "could be a vessel however"

Elendr closes his eyes for a moment.

A painted design on Alyxandrah's face begins to rapidly crack, and within a few seconds it completely falls away.

You shudder.

Armaxis raises an eyebrow in Thurfel's direction.

Elendr shivers.

Evangalea asks, "is it working?"

Evangalea peers quizzically at Elendr.

Alyxandrah shifts her eyes to Elendr.

Evangalea removes a tiny leather pouch stuffed with twigs and dirt from in her spidersilk backpack.

You remove a smooth red stone wrapped in thin leather strips from in your purple samite pouch.

Black mist begins to spiral upward from the dead soil, the stench unpleasant and old.

You rub furtively at your leather-wrapped stone, hoping its protective powers are at full strength.

Elendr exclaims, "she's here... she's here... she's here.... Go away!"

Setzier furrows his brow.

Cezzane says, "Oof"

Alyxandrah covers her nose tightly.

Sheka sniffs.

Kadesha covers her nose tightly.

Evangalea frowns.

Jerael frowns.

(Iscikella glances at the mist)

Opalina wrinkles her nose.

Kadesha says, "smells like Sheka"

(Arimantis stares into the mist)

Aranrhod's group came through a faded path.

Gaela says, "Wait"

Kadesha frowns.

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at Elendr.

Monax begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Sheka glowers darkly at Kadesha.

Arimantis works his fingers under his leather hat and scratches his head.

You ask, "My lord, do ye know when the staff was found?"

Opalina kneels down.

Elendr put a pungent flask of dark sludge in his Elven hunting cloak.

You cock your head at Thurfel.

(Opalina examin's the soil)

Elendr rubs furtively at his leather-wrapped stone.

Thurfel says, "I do not know whether to be disappointed or not, I can't sense the staff"

Thurfel says, "yes"

Thurfel says, "moments ago"

You ask, "Moments ago?"

Arimantis asks, "Is the staff here at the festival?"

Alyxandrah frowns.

Sheka nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I felt a wash of power"

You shiver.

Thurfel says, "then it faded"

Sheka says, "I bet then it is her."

Heuward says, "around the same time that could descended"

You exclaim, "Wait!"

You say, "Was that..."

Thurfel says, "somebody in this cursed festival has the staff"

Heuward gazes up into the heavens.

(Elendr hides his face in Alyxandrah's shoulder.)

You say, "My lord, I tried to locate ye..."

Evangalea says, "the sky turned black thats when he said he sensed it was found"

You say, "And it reflected..."

You shudder.

Sheka asks, "Here?"

Sheka cocks her head at Thurfel.

You say, "Reflected back..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Did someone pick up a staff recently?"

Monax says, "saw one dem ghouls wit a staff"

You say, "Never has before."

Armaxis asks, "Perhaps with the touch of one, it has masked itself?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Drexla echo in your mind:
"Errr...who let the skeletons out!"

Armaxis raises an eyebrow in Thurfel's direction.

The ghostly cat licks at one of its paws.

Elendr gasps.

Jerael glances at Monax.

Elendr beams!

Alyxandrah says, "Most of them carry staves."

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

A skeleton just arrived!

Elendr exclaims, "She's gone!"

Evangalea glances at Elendr.

A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!

A small bit of paint from Kadesha's face cracks off and falls to the ground.

A skeleton just arrived!

Alyxandrah gasps.

A skeleton just arrived!

Setzier says, "Hopefully someone whom can be persuaded easily."

A skeleton tries to bite Kadesha!
AS: +20 vs DS: +317 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +36 = -235
A clean miss.

The skeleton moans evilly!

A skeleton tries to bite Casseandra!
AS: +20 vs DS: +45 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +34 = +33
A clean miss.

Opalina stands up.

You put a smooth red stone wrapped in thin leather strips in your purple samite pouch.

Setzier glances at a skeleton.

The skeleton moans evilly!

A skeleton tries to bite Arimantis!
AS: +20 vs DS: +289 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +91 = -146
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite Alyxandrah!
AS: +20 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +24 = -206
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite Allentra!
AS: +20 vs DS: +30 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +57 = +72
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite Trizo!
AS: +20 vs DS: +43 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +51 = +58
A clean miss.

Evangalea rubs furtively at her tiny leather pouch.

You remove an orange rolaren falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.

Thurfel slings a small coral shield off from over his shoulder.

You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Allentra hurls himself at a skeleton and connects!
MS: +301 - MD: +4 + MAvA: 0 + d100: +63 == +360
Success!
Allentra hammers a skeleton to the ground. 50 hits! Allentra quickly jumps to his feet.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Cezzane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Cezzane gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Elendr glances at a skeleton.

Armaxis says, "Oh, look. Fleshless fleshlings."

Opalina looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Opalina whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Opalina hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.
Opalina hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.

Armaxis removes a scaled serpentine tower shield etched with arcane sigils surrounding the engraved symbol of Luukos from in his velvet longcoat.

Elendr put a smooth red stone wrapped in thin leather strips in his Elven hunting cloak.

Thurfel put a pearlescent abalone sceptre in his dark leather satchel.

Cezzane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Cezzane gestures at a skeleton.
CS: +485 - TD: +24 + CvA: +25 + d100: +93 == +579
Warding failed!
Cezzane blasts a skeleton for 36 points of damage.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.
The skeleton is knocked over by the blast!

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

A skeleton turns to dust.

You swing an orange rolaren falchion at a skeleton!
AS: +202 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +50 = +262
... and hit for 143 points of damage!
Wicked slash slices open the skeleton's chest!
Heart and lungs pureed!
Sickening!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!

Evangalea put a tiny leather pouch stuffed with twigs and dirt in her spidersilk backpack.

A skeleton tries to bite Armaxis!
AS: +20 vs DS: +593 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +15 = -508
A clean miss.

The skeleton moans evilly!

A skeleton tries to bite Alyxandrah!
AS: +20 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +79 = -151
A clean miss.

Cezzane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Cezzane gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Aranrhod attempts to kick a skeleton!
MB: 224 vs MB: 24 = 200 -- Gain advantage!
Blinding speed! Moved behind opponent.
THT 79, d100 roll: 12, modified: 212
and hits for 44 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

A skeleton tries to bite Heuward!
AS: +20 vs DS: +484 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +45 = -395
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite Grumstle!
AS: +20 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +9 = +54
A clean miss.

Allentra looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Allentra whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Allentra hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.
Allentra hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.
Allentra hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.
Allentra hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.
Allentra hacks at a skeleton but it has no effect.

Kryspyn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kryspyn gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Trizo gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Trizo gestures at a skeleton.
A small surge of electricity arcs out towards the corpse of a skeleton!
The body twitches slightly in response.

Allentra mutters under his breath.

A skeleton tries to bite Alyxandrah!
AS: +20 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +12 = -218
A clean miss.

Cezzane gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Cezzane gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Heuward looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Heuward whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Heuward swings a dark green vultite longsword at a skeleton!
AS: +266 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +80 = +362
... and hits for 186 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Heuward swings a dark green vultite longsword at a skeleton!
AS: +266 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +58 = +340
... and hits for 152 points of damage!
Incredible shot impales a kidney. Too painful to even scream.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Arimantis asks, "Anyone need a bless?"

A skeleton turns to dust.

Jerael gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground
underneath a skeleton! Several of the thorns jab into the skeleton!
... hits for 29 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Strike punctures thigh and shatters femur!
The skeleton screams delightedly as it falls to the ground, seeming to enjoy the pain!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton screams evilly one last time and goes still.

Trizo gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Trizo gestures at a skeleton.
Trizo hurls a small surge of electricity at a skeleton!
AS: +216 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +17 = +243
... and hits for 38 points of damage!
Heavy shock to right leg. Gonna limp for awhile.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

A skeleton turns to dust.
A skeleton turns to dust.
A skeleton turns to dust.

Thurfel removes a ruby-hilted rolaren longsword from in his dark leather satchel.

You hear the faint thoughts of Clunk echo in your mind:
"sumpin loose on circles?"

Evangalea skinned a skeleton.

Setzier shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Opalina looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Opalina whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Opalina swings a bamboo-hafted dark vultite handaxe at a skeleton!
AS: +224 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +71 = +300
... and hits for 124 points of damage!
Neck removed, head falls to the ground.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Rotsaver looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Rotsaver whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

A skeleton turns to dust.

Alyxandrah places her hand on her crimson crab pendant.

A skeleton turns to dust.

(Sheka leans against a tree, watching.)

A skeleton turns to dust.

A skeleton just arrived!

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!

Cezzane says, "Hmm"

Evangalea skinned a skeleton.

Casseandra swings a deep crimson broadsword at a skeleton!
AS: +208 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +50 = +269
... and hits for 106 points of damage!
Right hand severed at the wrist!
The skeleton screams with delight while clutching at its mangled right hand.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures.
Arimantis falls to his knees in supplication as an eerie silence overtakes the area. A cold mist drifts in, blanketing the area in its clammy embrace.

Rotsaver looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Rotsaver whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Rotsaver swings a silver-edged black rolaren backsword at a skeleton!
AS: +262 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +44 = +319
... and hits for 146 points of damage!
Incredible shot impales a kidney. Too painful to even scream.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Rotsaver swings a silver-edged black rolaren backsword at a skeleton!
AS: +262 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +20 = +295
... and hits for 156 points of damage!
Massive blow smashes through ribs and drives the skeleton's heart out the back.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Rotsaver swings a silver-edged black rolaren backsword at a skeleton!
AS: +262 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +58 = +333
... and hits for 178 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Trizo gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Trizo gestures at a skeleton.
A small surge of electricity arcs out towards the corpse of a skeleton!
The body twitches slightly in response.

A thunderous din echoes all around as the very earth shudders beneath your feet, rending apart and revealing fissures steaming with the rancid stench of brimstone.

Heuward looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Heuward whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Evangalea skinned a skeleton.

Kadesha says, "there jes skeletons, sheesh"

You hear the faint thoughts of Xeldria echo in your mind:
"If the staff has twisted writhing snakes on it.."

A skeleton turns to dust.

Thurfel says, "Now he seeks it with his minions as well"

Monax begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Opalina looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Opalina whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Setzier blinks.

Grumstle wails, "Hmm."

Elendr screams!

A skeleton turns to dust.

Opalina says, "ohh they all dead"

Evangalea skinned a skeleton.

Arimantis stands up.

Opalina chuckles.

A skeleton turns to dust.
A skeleton turns to dust.
A skeleton turns to dust.

Grumstle wails, "No souls."

Alyxandrah blinks at Elendr.

Elendr stares at Grumstle.

Jerael looks over at Grumstle and shakes his head.

Cezzane says, "This isnt good"

Jerael nods to Cezzane.

Setzier exclaims, "Cursed!"

You say, "My lord, I am confused."

Heuward shakes his head.

Arimantis says, "That is my mist there.. don look at it"

Sheka starts chuckling at you!

Thurfel asks, "confused?"

You nod to Thurfel.

Setzier curses darkly, his eyes narrowing in spite.

Monax wandered down a worn path.

Thurfel says, "there is nothing to be confused about"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Yes, Xeldria? It may...what about it?"

You ask, "Ye said the soulcollectors were also minions?"

Elendr moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

Armaxis glances at Thurfel.

You ask, "Or did I misinterpret?"

Thurfel says, "they are not minions"

Setzier shifts his eyes to Thurfel.

Sheka says, "Your hair is tilted again."

Sheka nods to Setzier.

You hear the faint thoughts of Xeldria echo in your mind:
"Well, it looks to be in my right hand right now."

Sheka stares off into space.

You nod to Thurfel.

Jerael asks, "Thurfel what does the staff look like? Does it have twisted writhing snakes?"

You say, "Ah..."

Thurfel says, "not to my knowledge"

Rotsaver smiles.

Cezzane says, "Oh dear"

Thurfel nods to Jerael.

Jerael says, "on it.."

Thurfel says, "aye"

Setzier says, "Thurfel, it seems the one has just spoken."

Jerael says, "uh oh."

Cezzane says, "Whats that mist"

Thurfel asks, "who has it?"

Thurfel says, "take me to her"

Jerael exclaims, "Xeldria has it!"

Arimantis says, "Mine"

Armaxis says, "Then Xeldria holds the staff."

Arimantis nods to Cezzane.

Kadesha says, "um it seems Xeldria may have the staff"

As quickly as the chaos ensues, the ground is made whole again. You are left bewildered and awestruck at the fury of the divine retribution.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Xeldria we are all in trouble because of that staff."

Sheka blinks at Arimantis.

Thurfel asks, "where is she?"

Evangalea says, "xeldria"

Your jaw drops.

You hear the faint thoughts of Tanager echo in your mind:
"That isn't the staff Thurfel's looking for, is it? --his cat was here earlier--"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Hold onto it!"

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Xeldria's surroundings fills your mind...
...[Lorminstra's Garden, Souls Rest]
...The garden is filled with huge, old trees. Maoral, oak and fel, they provide a tightly meshed canopy overhead that allows no penetration from the sun or moons. Fungi grow along the bases of the old giants, and moss cascades from their weighty branches. You also see the Marsole disk and a tangled vine archway.
...Also here: Lady Xeldria, Drexla
...Obvious paths: east, west.

Armaxis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Armaxis gestures into the air.
Armaxis momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Armaxis says, "Near the archway."

Armaxis reaches out and holds Thurfel's hand.

Setzier says, "Near the entrance to this... garden."

You say, "She is nearby."

Armaxis asks, "Shall we?"

The ghostly cat begins purring.

Sheka asks, "that disgusting wench?"

Kadesha says, "she is in the garden here"

Armaxis raises an eyebrow in Thurfel's direction.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Thurfel says, "let us go"

You mutter something inaudible.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"In fact....stick in in a container, and close the container."

Elendr shivers.

Jerael nods to Thurfel.

Armaxis says, "Join quickly."

Arimantis grumbles.

Kadesha shuffles her feet.

Kadesha shudders.

Arimantis nods to Kadesha.

Elendr exclaims, "Go!"

Armaxis's group wandered down a worn path.

[Lorminstra's Garden, Dark Path]
The path widens slightly here, as the majestic old trees give temporary passage to the wilds of the garden. Mournbloom petals are scattered across the ground, stirring fitfully in the breeze. You also see a wooded glade, a tangled vine archway and a small wrought iron gate.
Also here: the Esteemed Thurfel, Setzier, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod, High Lady Kadesha, Arimantis, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Lord Allentra, Monax, Rotsaver, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Lord Cezzane, Jerael, Kryspyn, Trizo, Lady Opalina, Gaela, Armaxis
Obvious paths: south.

Setzier gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Setzier gestures into the air.
Setzier gets a frustrated look on his face.

Elendr shivers.

Thurfel slings a small coral shield over his shoulder.

A ghostly cat prances into the area.

Armaxis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Armaxis gestures into the air.
Armaxis gets a frustrated look on his face.

Thurfel put a ruby-hilted rolaren longsword in his dark leather satchel.

Sheka stares off into space.

Thurfel removes a pearlescent abalone sceptre from in his dark leather satchel.

Armaxis's group just went south.

[Keeper's Circle]
Merchants here are forced to shout in even louder voices to make the descriptions of their wares heard over the sounds of laughter from the east. A penetrating voice rises above them all, telling bawdy jokes and inspiring laughter even out of sight of the performer. The shopkeepers all smile, obviously enjoying not only the increased business, but the show as well. You also see a brightly clad fool, the Hanashyo disk, a star diopside, a skeleton which appears dead, a skeleton, a skeleton which appears dead, a skeleton, a skeleton, a skeleton, a skeleton and a shady path.
Also here: the Esteemed Thurfel, Setzier, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod, High Lady Kadesha, Arimantis, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Lord Allentra, Monax, Rotsaver, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Lord Cezzane, Jerael, Kryspyn, Trizo, Lady Opalina, Gaela, Armaxis, Volsix, Juliane, Hanashyo, Darkfly, Lord Kithus, Egyet, Pithy
Obvious paths: east, west.

A skeleton turns to dust.

Darkfly attempts to kick a skeleton!
MB: 297 vs MB: 14 = 283 -- Gain advantage!
Blink! Disappeared and then reappeared behind opponent.
THT 79, d100 roll: 6, modified: 289
and hits for 70 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Kithus attempts to kick a skeleton!
MB: 98 vs MB: 14 = 84 -- Gain advantage!
Gained good position.
THT 79, d100 roll: 43, modified: 127
and hits for 16 points of damage!
... +1 extra hits. Kick to side.

A ghostly cat prances into the area.

Juliane attempts to kick a skeleton!
MB: 228 vs MB: 14 = 214 -- Gain advantage!
Blinding speed! Moved behind opponent.
THT 79, d100 roll: 28, modified: 242
and hits for 54 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Setzier blinks.

Armaxis's group just went west.

[Keeper's Circle]
A smattering of more permanent buildings stand here, an odd sight amid the flowing silk and canvas tents around them. Runes of death and mourning have been carved into the wood, and heavier decorations of various metals hang from them. Between two of the buildings stands a gate of golvern, detailed in its masterful making. You also see a grey wolf and an ornately wrought golvern gate.
Also here: the Esteemed Thurfel, Setzier, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod, High Lady Kadesha, Arimantis, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Lord Allentra, Monax, Rotsaver, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Lord Cezzane, Jerael, Kryspyn, Trizo, Lady Opalina, Gaela, Armaxis, the Legendary Lord Jorex
Obvious paths: east, west.

Kadesha says, "keepers circle now"

Armaxis mutters under his breath.

Kadesha says, "sight Drexla"

Sheka smirks.

Volsix just arrived.

Jerael says, "She is running."

Armaxis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Armaxis gestures into the air.
Armaxis gets a frustrated look on his face.

Setzier gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Setzier gestures into the air.
Setzier momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Alyxandrah asks, "She is running?"

Armaxis's group went through an ornately wrought golvern gate.

[Lorminstra's Garden, Dark Path]
The path widens slightly here, as the majestic old trees give temporary passage to the wilds of the garden. Mournbloom petals are scattered across the ground, stirring fitfully in the breeze. You also see a wooded glade, a tangled vine archway and a small wrought iron gate.
Also here: the Esteemed Thurfel, Setzier, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod, High Lady Kadesha, Arimantis, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Lord Allentra, Monax, Rotsaver, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Lord Cezzane, Jerael, Kryspyn, Trizo, Lady Opalina, Gaela, Armaxis, Mnoeme
Obvious paths: south.

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix echo in your mind:
"What's going on?"

Armaxis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Armaxis gestures into the air.
Armaxis momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Kadesha says, "ah now thay back here"

Jerael says, "I would too if I were her."

A ghostly cat prances into the area.

Armaxis's group went through a tangled vine archway.

[Lorminstra's Garden, Souls Rest]
The wind whispers through the boughs overhead, sending the dangling mosses streaming. The ancient oaks and maorals stand nobly, impervious to the breeze, as they play host to a myriad of clinging plant life. You also see a tattered web-covered ladder.
Also here: the Esteemed Thurfel, Setzier, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod, High Lady Kadesha, Arimantis, Elendr, Lady Sheka, Lord Allentra, Monax, Rotsaver, High Lady Evangalea, Heuward, Lord Cezzane, Jerael, Kryspyn, Trizo, Lady Opalina, Gaela, Armaxis, Drexla, Lady Xeldria
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Drexla laughs!

Armaxis glances at Xeldria.

Xeldria frowns.

Setzier shifts his eyes to Xeldria.

Volsix just arrived.

Armaxis says, "We've been looking for you."

Sheka asks, "You will turn her to a pile of dust?"

A ghostly cat prances into the area.

Sheka cocks her head at Thurfel.

Arimantis stares at Xeldria.

Xeldria blinks.

Xeldria scowls.

Sheka smiles coldly.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"Aye....half the evil worshipping idiots here will try to steal it."

You shiver.

Xeldria shudders.

Drexla shifts her eyes to Sheka.

You glance at Xeldria.

Evangalea frowns.

Setzier casts growled aspersions into mid-air.

Sheka glances at Xeldria.

Cezzane asks, "Where did you find it?"

A skeleton just arrived!

Cezzane peers quizzically at Xeldria.

A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!
A skeleton just arrived!

Volsix asks, "Where was it?"

A skeleton just arrived!

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at a skeleton.
CS: +260 - TD: +24 + CvA: +25 + d100: +75 == +336
Warding failed!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A skeleton freezes suddenly and begins to shake uncontrollably!

A skeleton turns to dust.

The skeleton moans evilly!

A skeleton tries to bite Allentra!
AS: +20 vs DS: +30 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +6 = +21
A clean miss.

The skeleton moans evilly!

A skeleton tries to bite Allentra!
AS: +20 vs DS: +30 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +39 = +54
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite Xeldria!
AS: +20 vs DS: +574 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +57 = -473
A clean miss.

A skeleton tries to bite you!
AS: +20 vs DS: +310 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +87 = -169
A clean miss.

Thurfel asks, "you have the staff?"

Opalina looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Opalina whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Opalina swings a bamboo-hafted dark vultite handaxe at a skeleton!
AS: +224 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +28 = +257
... and hits for 111 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the skeleton without a left leg!
The skeleton screams delightedly as it falls to the ground, seeming to enjoy the pain!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton screams evilly one last time and goes still.

Opalina swings a bamboo-hafted dark vultite handaxe at a skeleton!
AS: +224 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +79 = +308
... and hits for 127 points of damage!
Weapon arm removed at the shoulder!
The skeleton screams with delight while clutching at its mangled right arm.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton falls to the ground motionless.

Arimantis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arimantis gestures at a skeleton.
Nothing happens.

Xeldria says, "I was reaching for my staff.. and found this.."

Xeldria groans.

You blink at Xeldria.

Volsix asks, "Where? Here?"

Volsix peers quizzically at Xeldria.

Setzier says, "It is in her hands, Thurfel."

You ask, "It just appeared?"

Rotsaver looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Rotsaver whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Rotsaver swings a silver-edged black rolaren backsword at a skeleton!
AS: +262 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +64 = +339
... and hits for 150 points of damage!
Left hip pulped, severing the leg.
The skeleton screams delightedly as it falls to the ground, seeming to enjoy the pain!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton screams evilly one last time and goes still.

Rotsaver swings a silver-edged black rolaren backsword at a skeleton!
AS: +262 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +27 = +302
... and hits for 134 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the skeleton without a left leg! The skeleton screams delightedly as it falls to the ground, seeming to enjoy the pain!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the skeleton's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The skeleton screams evilly one last time and goes still.

Xeldria says, "Up north."

Kadesha blinks at Xeldria.

Thurfel says, "you do not know what you hold Xeldria"

You cock your head at Xeldria.

The ghostly cat sits down.

You ask, "In the garden?"

You cock your head at Xeldria.

Gaela asks, "Where up north?"

Sheka says, "Give it to Thurfel."

A skeleton turns to dust.

Thurfel says, "please return it to me or we are all doomed"

A skeleton turns to dust.

Sheka nods to Xeldria.

Elendr furrows his brow.

Opalina says, "the Staff of Amasalen..."

Arimantis says, "It must have been hidden somewhere in the area"

Thurfel says, "you may be doomed already"

The ghostly cat licks at one of its paws.

Xeldria says, "Something dark.. but as for what it is exactly, no."

Opalina says, "you hold in your hands"

Volsix asks, "Thurfel!?"

Volsix blinks at Thurfel.

Armaxis says, "You draw the Lord of Blood's attention every moment. Please, hold it longer."

A skeleton turns to dust.
A skeleton turns to dust.

Silverace blinks.

You ask, "Will ye show it to me?"

You cock your head at Xeldria.

Armaxis smiles briefly at Xeldria.

Sheka cackles!

Drexla says, "It's rather ugly"

Xeldria glances at Armaxis.

Opalina says, "Amasalen is the Staff of Blood and sacrifice"

Xeldria snickers.

Sheka says, "Give it to Thurfel."

Xeldria says, "Yes it is."

Kadesha glances at Armaxis.

Sheka stares at Xeldria.

Nicodeme asks, "What's going on here?"

Xeldria blinks.

Thurfel says, "you hold the end of Icemule in your hands."

The rich color of the design on Arimantis's face appears to fade somewhat.

Xeldria squints at Opalina.

Opalina says, "and Thurfel was once one of his followers."

Alyxandrah says, "Please give it to him."

Silverace blinks at Nicodeme.

A pained expression crosses Elendr's face.

Opalina says, "or worked with him"

Jerael says, "Xeldria, an important decision is in your hands."

Drexla asks, "Could we trade Icemule for the Landing?"

Setzier grins slowly.

Drexla rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You whisper quietly to Xeldria, "Will ye show it to me, m'lady?"

Elendr blinks at Xeldria.

Xeldria shows you a twisted serpentine staff, which she is holding in her right hand. Carved from a single piece of obsidian, the stone of the staff is cut to resemble a pair of great vipers entwined about each other. Their forms are twisted in a tight spiral from the base of the staff to its tip. At the top, the heads of the two serpents peer in opposite directions, both of the snakes slightly coiled as if ready to strike. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

Elendr hangs his head.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Nicodeme asks, "Why are we all gathered here?"

Sheka squints at Xeldria.

Rotsaver says, "keep the staff ta yourself"

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Xeldria says, "Because of me apparently."

Xeldria gazes up into the heavens.

Thurfel says, "the bloodied snow of Icemule will rest on your soul Xeldria"

Opalina nods to Xeldria.

Alyxandrah shifts her eyes to Xeldria.

Xeldria scowls.

Rotsaver says, "thrufels an old coot"

Rotsaver says, "keep the staff ta yourself"

You hear the faint thoughts of Ladimel echo in your mind:
"skeletons all over"

Elendr glances at Thurfel.

Opalina says, "NO it won't Thurfel"

Thurfel says, "and your own soul will be forfeit"

Armaxis mutters under his breath.

You say, "My lady, it must be used to defeat the nine."

Thurfel nods to Volsix.

Sheka says, "turn her to dust as I read you did to Halfberry"

Opalina says, "and that's crewl of you to even suggest a thing"

Xeldria blinks.

You nod to Xeldria.

Sheka nods to Thurfel.

Alyxandrah says, "Xeldria, please..."

Xeldria asks, "Wait wait.. I have to defend the nine?"

Xeldria blinks.

Thurfel says, "the staff is a vessel of the most evil imaginable"

A young man runs into the room and throws a mincemeat pie right into Nicodeme's face and runs away!

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

You say, "Defeat."

Xeldria shows Kadesha her serpentine staff.

Xeldria says, "Ah.. "

You say, "Defeat the nine."

Xeldria says, "My head is swimming.."

Arimantis says, "No.. the nine want it.. "

Sheka asks, "Give it to Thurfel. Or would you prefer he turn you to dust and take it?"

Setzier says, "Hold onto it longer, I'm sure the halflings of Icemule won't mind dieing some."

You whisper quietly to Xeldria, "Only Thurfel can do it, with the staff."

Mishrak cackles!

Sheka stares at Xeldria.

Alyxandrah glances at Setzier.

Zhagen nods.

Thurfel says, "I would never take the staff by force, that is not my way."

Cezzane glances at Setzier.

Monax glances at Sheka.

Arimantis says, "Thurfel is the only one who can control it.. asides the nine"

You glance at Setzier.

Jerael says, "I do not want suffering upon Icemule."

Setzier grins slowly.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Jerael says, "And I am a halfling."

Sheka squints at Thurfel.

Dovezkry frets.

Sheka asks, "It is not?"

Jerael says, "Of Icemule."

You hear the faint thoughts of Volfe echo in your mind:
"um there are skeletons hittin me"

Sheka asks, "Since when?"

Thurfel says, "if the nine control it, Icemule is doomed, then the rest of us as well"

Alyxandrah nods to Jerael.

Volsix says, "Thurfel will not kill innocents Xeldria, My family Rilee and Riktal are from Mule, I wont let them be hurt."

Kadesha breaks out in a sweat.

Mishrak says, "how do I get outta tha garden"

Alyxandrah says, "And I'm a rogue from Landing."

Thurfel says, "you know not what you even hold"

Opalina says, "You were once one of the council Thurfel"

Kadesha says, "hope Xeldria don hate Icemule"

Elendr hangs his head.

Armaxis glances at Xeldria.

You say, "Please, m'lady, he needs it to defeat the nine."

Thurfel says, "indeed, who better to know how evil and treacherous they are all"

Dovezkry begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Xeldria nods to Elendr.

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

Arimantis says, "So who knows better than he, what they are capable of"

Sheka says, "Indeed."

Arimantis nods.

Arimantis coughs.

(Iscikella looks at Xeldria with sorrowful eyes.)

Sheka smiles coldly.

Setzier squints at Xeldria.

The ghostly cat yawns.

Opalina says, "and yet you won't share the names of them"

Rotsaver says, "make him a trade for it"

High Lady Nanna just arrived.

Xeldria shudders.

Nanna beams happily at Thurfel!

Nanna just hugged Thurfel.

Opalina says, "who is are the other nine"

Alyxandrah groans at Nanna.

Nanna just gave Thurfel a smooch.

Sheka glances at Nanna.

Nanna snorts at Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah rolls her eyes.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Sheka says, "I was wondering that myself."

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Sheka nods to Opalina.

Xeldria exclaims, "Gah, I need some quiet!"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Jacinto sighs.

You nod to Xeldria.

You bite your lip.

A cloudy grey film begins to cover Xeldria's eyes.

Arimantis stares at Xeldria.

Alyxandrah gasps.

Tanager flinches.

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Xeldria!"

You exclaim, "OH NO!"

Opalina says, "What are the other names of the 9 council members."

(Elendr drops down onto his haunches as he looks at Xeldria.)

Kadesha glances at Xeldria.

You exclaim, "NO!"

Drexla shifts her eyes to Xeldria.

Evangalea stares at Xeldria.

Sheka smiles at Xeldria.

Aranrhod blinks at Xeldria.

Setzier grins slowly.

(Xeldria bats at the air.)

Jerael says, "Ma'am with all due respect, we may not have much time."

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Hurry!! Give it to Thurfel!"

Evangalea exclaims, "oh no!"

Tanager gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tanager gestures at Xeldria.
A dim aura forms around Xeldria for a brief moment and quickly fades.

The ghostly cat rubs up against a rose-marrow potion.

Cezzane says, "Oh no"

Volsix exclaims, "Get rid of the staff!"

You exclaim, "THey are taking her!"

You say, "NO!"

Volsix exclaims, "NOW!"

Armaxis says, "There is much silence in death...all the silence you could ever want."

You flail your arms about.

Armaxis nods to Xeldria.

Jacinto says, "Tuck it away."

Arimantis exclaims, "Xeldria.. hand it to him.. now!"

Sheka grins slowly.

Elendr exclaims, "Xeldria! you're being possessed! Give it to Thurfel hurry!"

Volsix exclaims, "Xeldria hurry!"

Opalina joins Xeldria's group.

Kryspyn says, "Gods"

Nanna says, "No, give it to me"

You exclaim, "Please give to Thurfel!"

Nanna just tried to pull Xeldria towards her!

Jacinto says, "Tuck the damn thing away."

Xeldria exclaims, "No!"

You exclaim, "Xeldria!"

Arimantis glances at Nanna.

Xeldria exclaims, "Get away, all of you!"

Setzier says, "Clench it harder, maybe the Blood Lord will possess you and kill all here."

Arimantis smirks.

Thurfel says, "if they take her, they will control the staff."

You exclaim, "The nine are taking ye!"

Evangalea says, "quickly take action"

Volsix says, "It's going to be too late."

Drexla says, "Xeldria...."

Tanager shudders.

Nicodeme asks, "What the hell is going on here??"

Elendr just tried to pull Xeldria towards him!

Volsix says, "If they take her, We remove her hand and take the staff back."

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Xeldria says, "Get.."

Xeldria exclaims, "A.. way!"

Kadesha breaks out in a sweat.

Xeldria screams!

A pair of skeletal hands reach up from the soil, grasping at Xeldria's ankles.

Sheka glowers darkly at Volsix.

Moonspin's jaw drops.

Drexla rubs Xeldria gently.

Kryspyn's jaw drops.

Gaela says, "Oh no"

Kadesha gasps.

Volsix glances at Sheka.

A pained expression crosses Elendr's face.

Aranrhod gasps.

Nanna points at Xeldria.

Jerael groans.

Arimantis says, "Please.. just give it to him"

Drexla says, "fight"

Nanna begins chuckling at Xeldria.

You exclaim, "My lady!"

Drexla nods to Xeldria.

Xeldria scowls.

(Opalina kicks at the hand)

(Tanager slashes at the skeletal hands, avoiding Xeldria's feet.)

You exclaim, "Please!"

Nanna falls to the ground laughing hysterically!

Elendr exclaims, "Xeldria! Now is the time. Give us the staff!"

Armaxis nods to Setzier.

Volsix says, "Xeldria give Thurfel the staff."

Nanna stands up.

Jacinto says, "Don't give it to him."

Nanna says, "Don't give it to them"

Xeldria stamps her feet.

Jacinto sighs.

Opalina says, "Thurfel What is the name of the other council members"

Kadesha tightens her grip on her veniom-hilted falchion.

Alyxandrah's face turns slightly pale.

Nanna says, "don't give it to anyone"

You exclaim, "Quiet, Nanna!"

Xatier just arrived.

Jerael says, "Xeldria, you must decide."

Arimantis just touched several cloves of garlic strung on braided twine.

Nanna snorts at you.

Legaris says, "Listen ta Volsix--he's been trackin' clues diligently."

Alyxandrah exclaims, "Xeldria, hurry!"

Xatier raises an eyebrow.

Allentra says, "how bout someone jus disarm her.."

Xeldria groans.

Allentra leans to his left slightly.

You blink at Opalina.

Sheka sneers at Arimantis.

Cezzane says, "I think its too late already"

Xatier peers quizzically at Thurfel.

Opalina says, "I think Thurfel is manafesting this.. look he's concentrating too much on something else."

Sheka says, "Those will not help you nor anyone"

Setzier says, "A pity to see a soul go this way, ragged and possessed."

Thurfel traces a rune at the feet of Xeldria

Sheka begins chuckling at Arimantis.

Setzier shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Jacinto mutters under his breath.

You exclaim, "They will take ye, Xeldria!"

Xeldria says, "Oh sweet Phoen.."

Volsix says, "Xeldria I've been researching this for a time much longer than even Thurfel knows."

The ghostly cat meows loudly.

Xeldria shudders.

Alyxandrah says, "Opalina...go eat some tarts."

Thurfel mutters a few words.

Jerael says, "Perhaps he's preparing to defend us all."

Xatier rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Volsix says, "For the sake of Icemule, and the Soul Collectors, Give him the Staff."

Ahmeuseng nods to Volsix.

Ahmeuseng says, "Talk to her, Volsix."

Jacinto removes a deep-grooved black rolaren machera from in his blackened bone sheath.

Tanager gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tanager gestures at Jacinto.
Jacinto begins moving faster than you thought possible.

Jacinto drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready posture.

Opalina says, "Well how can we trust him anymore than the council"

Arimantis sighs.

You say, "Please give it to him."

The skeletal hands grasping Xeldria's feet crumble to dark ash.

Rotsaver shakes his head.

Jacinto swings his black rolaren machera at Xeldria's serpentine staff but fails to connect!

You cry sadly, tears of sorrow flowing down your cheeks.

Jacinto swings his black rolaren machera at Xeldria's serpentine staff and connects!
MS: +90 - MD: +350 + MAvA: -9 + d100: +49 == -220
Failed!
Jacinto fails to knock the staff away!

Jerael asks, "Do we have a choice?"

Jerael raises an eyebrow in Opalina's direction.

Xeldria shudders.

Jacinto moves into a defensive posture, ready to fend off an attack.

Sheka says, "Make your choice. Thurfel or the Nine"

Legaris snaps his fingers.

Sheka nods to Xeldria.

Opalina says, "We always have a choice"

Drexla stares at Jacinto.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Legaris says, "Good try"

Xeldria scowls.

Jacinto says, "Tuck the staff away."

Nanna says, "Give it to Sheru if anyone"

Volsix says, "The Soul Collectors will never rest if you don't Xeldria."

Drexla says, "If you wish to die, that is the way to do it"

Jerael says, "And that's what we're making here."

Jerael nods.

You glare at Nanna.

Setzier laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Xeldria says, "It's too long for anything I have.."

Nanna snorts at you.

Phreebe says, "tis nae wise ta give any aid to Thurfel"

Xeldria stares at the staff in her hand.

Alyxandrah says, "Give it to him."

Opalina says, "Amasalen said he would make sure one of his own would recive the staff"

Volsix says, "This is their last and only chance for peace, and Icemule may be lost if you continue to hesitate."

Nanna says, "Only a god should control something that powerful"

Phreebe says, "tis a choice to say an' dally wif him"

Armaxis says, "So torn...and painful, your husband would relish thisss."

Armaxis nods to you.

Drexla says, "Xel...give it to him"

You say, "My lady, please..."

Arimantis says, "Thurfel is the only one who can stop this"

Phreebe asks, "how can ye believe him?"

Kadesha rubs Xeldria gently.

You glance at Armaxis.

Evangalea says, "Its beyond just the soulcollectors icemule will be lost if she doesnt give it to him"

Xeldria says, "No no.."

(Volsix pushes a hand up through his hair.)

Xeldria shakes her head.

Phreebe asks, "how can we believe his word?"

Drexla nods to Xeldria.

Thurfel continues tracing runes of protection in the soil at Xeldria's feet.

You shudder.

Thurfel says, "she will not be bothered from below"

Arimantis gazes up into the heavens.

Arimantis fidgets.

Jacinto says, "Believing Thurfel's word would be like believing the kobold archmage's."

Sheka says, "Make your choice. Thurfel or the Nine. You see he is helping you even now."

Alyxandrah glances at Xeldria.

Jacinto mutters under his breath.

Nanna begins chuckling at Thurfel.

Rotsaver rolls his eyes.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I'm sorry, I have failed ye."

Thurfel says, "I can't protect her soul however from their essence."

Evangalea removes a tiny leather pouch stuffed with twigs and dirt from in her spidersilk backpack.

You hear the faint thoughts of Tanager echo in your mind:
"For those who haven't heard-- Thurfel is here, and the Staff of Amasalen seems to be as well. Xeldria has it."

Volsix says, "Xeldria the Soul Collectors are living in torment every second of their existance. Thurfel is doing all he can to hold off the spirits that have claimed them and countless others."

Opalina says, "don't rush her into a decision Sheka"

Nanna says, "That only leaves 540 degrees."

Thurfel whispers, "it is not your fault milady"

Evangalea rubs furtively at her tiny leather pouch.

The ghostly cat yawns.

Sheka waves a hand at Opalina, dismissing her indifferently.

Setzier says, "You've a choice to make, half-breed. The halfling here or the Nine who like to possess people. Either way, it's going to be painful if you keep it."

Nanna says, "times 90"

Volsix says, "Give him the staff before it is too late, you'll doom yourself and the others with you."

Sheka says, "Hush, Shrieker."

Xatier says, "hmm...."

Nanna says, "err"

You hear the faint thoughts of Ladimel echo in your mind:
"well, at least the staff is in good hands. Where did she find it?"

Alyxandrah asks, "Opalina, you wish the Ninth to be taken, don't you?"

Nanna says, "360"

Volsix sighs.

The ghostly cat yawns.

Xeldria scowls.

Jacinto says, "Xeldria, tuck the staff away. Best choice."

Zacciwie squints.

Opalina says, "no"

Arimantis glances at Jacinto.

Arimantis smirks.

(Evangalea waves her pouch around Xeldria trying to ward off any evil)

Elendr shakes his head.

Opalina says, "I wish to find a way to defeat them"

Xeldria says, "The staff will remain mine for now.."

Alyxandrah points at Thurfel.

Alyxandrah says, "There's your way."

Arimantis smirks.

Setzier says, "Ooh, such a wrong choice."

Kadesha winces.

Tanager put a silver hilted glaes falchion in her wool greatcloak.

Volsix frowns.

Jacinto raises an eyebrow.

Drexla says, "Xel, I don't think that's a good idea"

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Zacciwie says, "i'll give you one million silvers for it"

Alyxandrah glances at Xeldria.

Drexla nods to Xeldria.

Legaris sighs.

Zacciwie snickers.

Nanna begins chuckling at Xeldria.

Opalina says, "of course you of the dark would think that"

Xeldria exclaims, "Will you shut up?!"

Xeldria scowls.

Sheka smiles chillingly at Xeldria.

Armaxis says, "Fitting that the final stroke to Icemule's destruction comes from a festival to Lorminstra. Fitting indeed."

Rotsaver says, "good choice"

Jacinto asks, "So you suggest she give it to him?"

Jacinto peers quizzically at Arimantis.

(Volsix steps back, letting out a dissapointed sigh and dropping his gaze to the ground.)

A young man walks into the room, blows a note on his whistle, then starts to sing,
This here pie was bought for you,
do da, do da.
From a friend who's heart is true,
oh de do da day!
Without another word he hurls the mincemeat pie into Tanager's face and runs away.

Arimantis says, "Well.. may as well say.. 'Nice knowin ya'"

A pained expression crosses Elendr's face.

Alyxandrah gazes at you with a look of utter sorrow in her eyes.

Arimantis glances at Xeldria.

Sheka says, "Then the Nine will have their way with you and it."

Jacinto sighs.

Sheka nods to Xeldria.

Elendr hangs his head.

Kadesha leans on Tanager.

Xeldria scowls at Arimantis.

Arimantis waves to Xeldria.

Alyxandrah says, "Icemule is doomed."

You hear the faint thoughts of Tanager echo in your mind:
"Fell off the amulet briefly-- I may have missed something. I don't know where she found it. She's not in any shape to talk-- she seems to be in danger of possession... her eyes keep clouding over, and a pair of skeletal hands briefly came up from the soil."

Xatier glances at Armaxis.

Nanna says, "If it's the staff that sheru has been searching for as well, you should give it to him."

Asmodea removes a tiny leather pouch stuffed with twigs and dirt from in his leather longcoat.

You say, "Ye have condemned us."

(Tanager scrapes mincemeat off her face and drops it on the ground.)

Asmodea shakes his tiny leather pouch in the air, rattling the pebbles and twigs inside it.

Alyxandrah nods to Xeldria.

Opalina gawks at you.

Cezzane says, "You will not have his protection at all times"

You hear the faint thoughts of Tanager echo in your mind:
"And that was a fairly inappropriate time for a pie. For the record."

Opalina says, "She has not no such thing"

Aranrhod sighs sadly.

Cezzane shakes his head.

Elendr sighs sadly.

You say, "She has, Opalina."

Arimantis says, "Yes.. she has"

Allentra shrugs.

Arimantis nods to Opalina.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Thurfel himself is doing his best to protect her soul from possession."

Alyxandrah stares at Opalina.

Alyxandrah asks, "Are you new?"

You say, "Face facts."

Sheka says, "This decision should prove quite interesting indeed."

Opalina gawks at Arimantis.

Opalina says, "hardly"

Volsix paces back and forth.

Asmodea shakes his tiny leather pouch in the air, rattling the pebbles and twigs inside it.

Jacinto sighs.

Evangalea frowns.

Sheka's Eorgina amulet emits a soft grey glow.

Opalina says, "Thurfel has left"

Arimantis asks, "You think she is gonna wave that at the nine an keep em from takin yer home?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at Opalina.

You hear the voice of Thurfel say, "they seek to pull me away from her as we speak"

You hear the faint thoughts of Nephrenia echo in your mind:
"Why? Xeldria's soul isn't worth anything, heh!"

Phreebe asks, "what be our options, the Nine or Thurfel?"

Setzier says, "Perhaps we can erect a statue of her in the middle of the barren wasteland formally known as Icemule."

Nanna blinks.

Setzier rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Nanna searches around for a moment.

Jerael says, "Hmm."

Volsix says, "This just isn't right.. "

You exclaim, "My lord!"

Opalina says, "Thurfel doesn't share the names of the other 9"

Sheka says, "They are taking control then."

Sheka nods to Xeldria.

Xeldria gazes up into the heavens.

Nanna peers quizzically at you.

Xeldria closes her eyes for a moment.

You exclaim, "He is gone!"

Jacinto shrugs.

Jerael says, "that doesn't help us much."

Sheka says, "It will soon not be a matter of choice."

Arimantis says, "She has jus destroyed yer home.. an you defend her"

Elendr searches around for a moment.

Arimantis glances at Opalina.

Jacinto asks, "Break the staff?"

Arimantis smirks.

Grumstle floats in.

Zacciwie glances at Xeldria.

Volsix exclaims, "This is wrong, You're dooming innocent lives!"

Zacciwie begins to twitch.

Grumstle drops a metal wand.

Nanna waves to Grumstle.

Grumstle floats east.

Opalina says, "You are lieing"

Phreebe says, "aye, Thurfel, tis true, if ye wanted to help, ye be showing good faith and share the names"

Jerael nods to Cezzane.

Xeldria scowls.

Volsix blinks.

Volsix glances at a metal wand.

Opalina says, "Thurfel destroy's our homes"

Volfe says, "erm"

Volfe glances at a metal wand.

Xeldria shakes her head.

Jacinto says, "Thurfel burned yer town."

Setzier says, "And here I thought you were one of Liabo, to condemn so many lives in one swift decision."

You say, "Opalina, that is not now."

Xeldria says, "Too much noise.."

Setzier applauds Xeldria.

Xeldria says, "All of you."

Xeldria scowls.

Jacinto asks, "Why are you trusting him?"

(Volsix stops his panic and glances at the wand.)

Jerael nods to Evangalea.

You exclaim, "This is now!"

Lady Xeldria's group just went east.

Jacinto says, "Several times."

Legaris searches around for a moment.

Volsix says, "What the heck was that."

Sheka says, "he was just a little upset then."

Sheka waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

You say, "Once long ago, Jacinto."

Setzier laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Jacinto says, "Burning people to death."

Arimantis says, "He destroys our homes.. he destroys his own as well"

Aranrhod clasps Xatier's hand tenderly.

Jacinto shakes his head.

Cezzane stares off into space.

Legaris works his fingers under his curved green horns and scratches his head.

Aranrhod asks, "What now?"

Armaxis says, "Bid farewell to your home."

Jacinto says, "Doesn't give you a good character reference."

Alyxandrah looks over at Elendr and shakes her head.

Armaxis nods to Aranrhod.

Setzier says, "I hope you didn't like living in Icemule."

Setzier nods to you.

Evangalea clasps Cezzane's hand tenderly and draws him into her arms.

Elendr blinks at Alyxandrah.

Sheka cackles!

Alyxandrah says, "Tis over."

You say, "We are condemned."

Jacinto says, "Encase the damn thing's my advice."

Aranrhod frowns at Armaxis.

Evangalea clasps Heuward's hand tenderly.

You hear the voice of Thurfel say, "Xeldria, this is your choice, the staff is yours for the moment. As for your soul, I can no longer say."

Cezzane frowns.

Alyxandrah says, "Icemule will be destroyed."

Jacinto says, "Leave it past the Ebon Gate."

Sheka cackles!

Kadesha sighs.

Gaela says, "She is gone"

Nanna says, "She left Thurfel"

Evangalea frowns.

Nanna points east.

You hear the voice of Thurfel say, "then we may very well already be doomeed"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

The very ground itself comes alive, the dirt and stones at your feet exploding upward. The debris continues to erupt, until vision is completely obscured. Thunder booms overhead, and a several forked lightning bolts assault the area. Finally, the chaos subsides, but Thurfel is gone.

Alyxandrah sighs.

Xatier shakes his head.

A featherless owl appears overhead, circling.

Alyxandrah stares off into space.

Armaxis says, "Either way..."

Nanna blinks.

Legaris blinks.

Arimantis sighs.

Ahmeuseng says, "Oh, migosh."

Aranrhod blinks.

You sigh.

Cezzane sighs.

Xatier raises an eyebrow.

Armaxis says, "The Lord of Death's will shall be done."

Alyxandrah nods to you.

You weep softly, quiet tears falling from your eyes.

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix echo in your mind:
"She is dooming all of Icemule. Take the Staff."

Setzier says, "Perhaps we should go alert the Sorceror's Guild in the forsaken town."

Kadesha rubs you gently.

Setzier nods to Armaxis.

Sheka smiles coldly at Iscikella.

Kadesha nods to you.

Jacinto says, "One hopes it won't. The lord of death's a terribly boring fellow to live under."

A pained expression crosses Elendr's face.

Jacinto mutters under his breath.

Elendr tilts his head down.

Armaxis says, "Mmhm, wouldn't want any tomes burning."

Alyxandrah glances at you.

Setzier glances at you.

Setzier laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Sheka cackles!

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix touch your mind:
"Take the Staff by Force."

The featherless owl flies away.

Kadesha asks, "maybe should head to Mule an empty my bank account there eh?"

Kadesha sighs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix touch your mind:
"She won't listen to reason, All of Icemule is in danger.."

You focus your mind on Volsix and think:
"I know of no way to do that. I know of no way I can in good conscience even try that."

Alyxandrah hangs her head.

You hear the faint thoughts of Jacinto echo in your mind:
"She should lock the bloody thing away.....past this Gate, and let it close."

Monax grins at Kadesha.

A ghostly owl appears overhead, circling.

You say, "I am glad can joke."

Sheka says, "Thinking of yourself as always, witch."

Sheka nods to Kadesha.

Sheka smirks.

You glance at Kadesha.

Jerael says, "I will not be leaving Icemule."

Elendr snuggles up to Alyxandrah.

Jerael says, "I'll live or die there."

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix echo in your mind:
"And thus doom Icemule? You know not what you speak of."

Cezzane says, "I think..."

Elendr sighs sadly.

Jacinto nods to Jerael.

The ghostly owl descends to the ground and lands nearby.

Kadesha rolls her eyes.

Arimantis sighs.

Setzier says, "Amusing indeed. Best go say farewell to your... loved ones. The end is near."

Cezzane says, "We should all get ready for battle"

The ghostly cat rubs up against Monax.

Jacinto says, "Good spirit."

Armaxis says, "It was foreseen ages ago, and now it comes to fruition. The vengeance of the death of His servants shall be reaped. A gloriousss evening, glorious."

Kryspyn nods to Jerael.

(Iscikella throws up her hands in disgust.)

Cezzane sighs.

Armaxis turns around.

[Lorminstra's Garden, Souls Rest]
The ancient trees, stalwart in their ageless beauty, stand impervious to the mosses and lichens that cling to them for sustenance. Forcing their way through the earth, the trees' massive roots have set the gravemarkers askew. You also see a carved grey headstone.
Obvious paths: east, west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"Icemule is already doomed."

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"Icemule will not be doomed because of a staff"

A ghostly owl appears overhead, circling.
There is a twinkle in a ghostly owl's eyes.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Opalina, face what is."

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"if the staff if not in either hand they can't use it.. eh?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"More the fool you are, Opalina. You yourself...one of the possessed"

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix echo in your mind:
"No, It will not be saved for lack of the Staff."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jerael echo in your mind:
"Icemule shall be protected by all those who call it home, I'm sure. That's not to be taken lightly."

With a breathtaking dive, the owl descends to the ground and lands.

The ghostly owl ruffles its feathers.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"They come to possess her already."

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"hey if Im soo possessed I'd be making her give the staff to me!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix touch your mind:
"Were all of the nine finally possessed?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Cezzane echo in your mind:
"But they can control the person who has the staff"

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"And when Xeldria is possessed, what will you say then, genius?"

Rhapsod's group just arrived.

You hear the faint thoughts of Heuward echo in your mind:
"i feel like i'm back in mule....not at a festival"

Marsole nods to Rhapsod.

Rhapsod says, "Greetings, m'lady."

The ghostly owl hoots, "hoot!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Setzier echo in your mind:
"Say farewell to Icemule."

Marsole hugs you.

Marvil screams loud enough to wake the dead. Wait a minute, he is dead!

Rhapsod covers his ears.

Marsole says, "shhh"

Hanashyo shudders.

You see Marvil Grous the Ghoul Soulcollector.
He appears to be in his 170's, has soil-covered white hair, serpentine eyes, and pale skin.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a long-handled gleaming scythe in his right hand. He is wearing an oddly shaped burlap sack, a decaying black ritual robe, some heavy rusted chains, and a small rainbow glaes amulet.

Marsole smacks his forehead with the palm of his hand!

Marsole shakes his head at Marvil and clucks his tongue.

You say, "Hush"

The ghostly owl blinks quietly a few times.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"but Im not askin that.. Im saying not to give it to either. Thurfel isn't to be trusted. anymore than the council or Amasalen"

You glance at Marvil.

Heuward just arrived.

Marsole rubs Marvil gently.

You hear the faint thoughts of Volsix touch your mind:
"Where did everyone go?"

The ghostly owl ruffles its feathers.

Marvil wails, "You would not hush if you knew of my troubles."

You focus your mind on Volsix and think:
"Thurfel is gone, so they disbursed."

You say, "I have troubles of my own aplenty."

You glance at Marvil.

You hear the faint thoughts of Opalina echo in your mind:
"I won't say destory Thurfel.. but I wouldn't just give it right out to him. He wouldn't even say the names of the other council members."

Alyxandrah just arrived.

Rhapsod smiles at Alyxandrah.

Elendr's group just arrived.

Alyxandrah smiles slightly.

Marvil wails, "You have your mortality and you can have death if you wish it, I can have neither."

Marvil frowns.

Marvil wails, "And what that no rest."

You laugh out loud!

You ask, "What do ye know?"

Volsix just arrived.

You say, "I fight possession, silly one."

Sheka nods to Alyxandrah.

Arimantis just arrived.

Sheka smiles chillingly.

Volsix says, "Iscikella. I have an odd inquiry."

You say, "Is a worse fate than yers."

Volsix asks, "How many have been possessed?"

Volsix raises an eyebrow.

You say, "If Xeldria is possessed, will be the ninth."

Sheka cackles!

Marsole frowns.

(Elendr walks to Alyxandrah's side and puts his chin on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her.)

Alyxandrah nods to you.

Volsix frowns.

Sheka says, "it did appear as if she was."

Volsix says, "She likely will be."

Sheka nods to you.

Marvil wails, "And what of it? You can have rest if you wish it, the strings of mortality are weak."

Marvil wails, "I can have no peace nor rest until my task is complete."

Marvil frowns.

Arimantis sighs.

Marvil's eyes begin to glow an angry crimson color.

Alyxandrah says, "I wish to go home for a moment..."

Sheka says, "You shall be feasting very soon i think."

High Lady Kadesha just arrived.

Alyxandrah says, "While it still stands."

Sheka nods to Marvil.

You say, "I will never have piece."

Elendr rubs Alyxandrah gently.

Marsole squints at Sheka.

You say, "Peace."

Sheka glowers darkly at Marsole.

You say, "never."

You wave a hand at Marvil, dismissing him indifferently.

Marsole glances at Sheka.

Marsole just hugged Sheka.

Elendr just kissed Alyxandrah on the lips.

Alyxandrah asks, "Can you take me to the gate?"

Marsole grins at Sheka.

Elendr says, "I'll take you home, my love."

Rhapsod begins chuckling at Marsole.

Marvil wails, "You have a realm, that is a peace."

You say, "No, it isn't."

Marvil wails, "Your troubles are small."

You hear the voice of Zacciwie say, "not for long"

You ask, "Small?"

You laugh out loud!

Sheka smirks.

You say, "Ye are a fool."

You say, "Yers are small."

Marsole grins.

Rhapsod sighs.

Hanashyo asks, "philosophy later, let's see to the matter at hand, aye?"

Sheka says, "I think yours may prove much like his."

Sheka nods to you.

You glance at Sheka.

Sheka says, "Except you will be serving someone."

Rhapsod says, "Perhaps we've sought the wrong sorts for your aid."

Sheka smirks.

Grumstle floats in.

The voice within you says, "Are you enjoying this? Will you enjoy watching Icemule dissolve before your very eyes? I will be sure we are there to witness it."

Marsole squints.

Xatier says, "Marvil, how many of ye soulcollectors are there anyways, ye the fourth Ive seen"

You cover your ears.

Xatier peers quizzically at Marvil.

Kadesha says, "way more then four"

You exclaim, "Quiet, voice!"

Kadesha nods to Xatier.

Sheka asks, "Perhaps nine?"

Rhapsod says, "And a fifth."

Sheka cocks her head at Marvil.

Xatier begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Rhapsod grins at Xatier.

Volsix glances at you.

Rhapsod points at Grumstle.

Marvil wails, "There will always be my kind."

Volsix asks, "Voice?"

Volsix asks, "The essence stirs?"

Marsole frowns.

Marvil wails, "Numbers do not define us."

You say, "In my head. The essence."

Xatier says, "Just wondering if I miss any"

Marsole rubs you gently.

Aranrhod sighs.

Volsix asks, "What is is saying?"

Sheka asks, "What of it?"

Kadesha sighs.

You say, "That I will watch IceMule dissolve before my very eyes."

A young man runs into the room and and lightly taps Kadesha on her shoulder and says, "Got a special delivery here from a friend to Kadesha!"
Without warning the young man throws a lemon meringue pie right into Kadesha's face and runs away!

You say, "That is what is saying."

Sheka nods to you.

Sheka says, "but you knew this."

Xatier clasps his hand over his mouth.

You glance at Sheka.

Xatier appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Sheka smiles nastily at Iscikella.

Marvil raises an eyebrow.

A painted design on Sheka's face begins to rapidly crack, and within a few seconds it completely falls away.

You say, "Go away, Sheka."

Marvil keens, "Where is this town?"

Marvil peers quizzically at Rhapsod.

Sheka smirks.

Volsix says, "What became of Thurfel.."

Rhapsod asks, "Icemule?"

You say, "Far from here."

Rhapsod chuckles.

Marvil nods to Rhapsod.

Sheka says, "they proved to be getting too strong for him it seems."

Rhapsod says, "Far.. far in the mountains."

You say, "He was being pulled away from the staff by the nine."

You say, "He had to leave."

(Volsix flips his throwing knife into the air, catching it by the tip of the blade then flipping it back into the air and snagging it by the handle.)

Hanashyo nods to Rhapsod.

Volsix nods.

Marvil wails

Volsix says, "Disturbing."

Sheka says, "it is too bad it wasn't Nofret. I'm sure he would have turned her to dust."

Sheka chuckles.

Volsix says, "And if Xeldria is not the ninth, than will the Council make their move tonight? An odd night."

Marvil wails, "Looks like fate has taken a turn in my direction."

Marvil floats above the ground for a moment, then descends.

Xatier glances at Sheka.

Rhapsod asks, "How is that?"

Sheka glances at Xatier.

Hanashyo nods to Rhapsod.

Sheka asks, "Hmm?"

Monax pokes Marvil in the ribs.

Hanashyo cocks his head at Marvil.

Xatier says, "Ya know, nyah seen ya in months.. still damn annoying as usual. Need new attitude"

Kadesha says, "Iscikella, am sorry my remark upset you, would hope ya know better that i care, just nothin could do"

Sheka waves a hand at Xatier, dismissing him indifferently.

Rhapsod peers quizzically at Marsole.

Rhapsod stares off into space.

Rhapsod peers quizzically at Marvil.

Sheka asks, "i should change for the likes of you?"

Hanashyo grins wryly.

Sheka scoffs at Xatier.

Xatier begins chuckling at Sheka.

Marsole squints at Rhapsod.

Marvil wails, "It seems tonight's events foretell unstable souls."

Sheka asks, "Petman. Will you come watch the destruction of Icemule?"

Marvil sniffs around greedily.

Hanashyo says, "we've unstable souls aplenty"

Hanashyo gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Rhapsod says, "Many indeed."

Hanashyo smirks.

You say, "Unhappy souls."

Volsix shrugs.

Ishalande glances at Sheka.

Monax waggles his fingers mystically at Marvil. How nice.

Xatier says, "For yourself."

Sheka smirks.

You blink.

Monax says, "be a good ghoul"

[Lorminstra's Garden, Souls Rest]
The wind whispers through the boughs overhead, sending the dangling mosses streaming. The ancient oaks and maorals stand nobly, impervious to the breeze, as they play host to a myriad of clinging plant life. You also see a ghostly owl, a metal wand, a ghostly cat who is sitting and a tattered web-covered ladder.
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Volsix just arrived.

Volsix asks, "Are you alright?"

You say, "I may be stunned, watch out."

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Awareness expands as your mind reaches out, questing for Thurfel. Images flash past your senses...
Slowly the images fade as the magic begins to unravel.
Thurfel must be beyond the reach of your spell.

Volsix says, "I'll take my chances."

You concentrate on the Spirit Guide spell...
You gesture.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[The Ebon Gate]
Jugglers dressed in motley of grey and black, prestidigitators in deep cowls, and other performers crowd about the gates, dazzling the eye and amazing the mind. Ghosts meander about and mingle with the living patrons in an oddly natural-looking display. Above all wave shimmering black banners, casting dancing shadows across the ground. You also see a white and pink striped arch, an enormous Ebon Gate and a small dark silk-curtained booth.
Also here: Fita, Lady Anekka, Syo
Obvious paths: north.

Your stomach aches and you have a pounding migraine. Your eyes water causing your vision to blur. You can barely maintain your balance as you force your eyes shut to concentrate on maintaining composure.

Fita wanders through the Ebon Gate! Fita gets smaller and smaller until he disappears from sight...

Lady Moonspin just arrived.

Your stomach aches and you have a pounding migraine. Your eyes water causing your vision to blur. You can barely maintain your balance as you force your eyes shut to concentrate on maintaining composure.

Anekka rubs you gently.

A painted design on Moonspin's face begins to rapidly crack, and within a few seconds it completely falls away.

You recover somewhat from your nausea.

You focus your mind on Volsix and think:
"Going back to Mule to try and find Thurfel."

You smile at Anekka.

You begin a long arduous walk through the an enormous Ebon Gate!



Button Link to Thurfel Main