Retributions
Volnes, day 30 of the month Koaratos in the year 5101

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
This log is actually the combination of two logs -- one by Ianivin's player and one by Gaela's player. It should be noted, therefore, that in this log the "you" references refer to either of these two parties, as noted in the initital reference, not Iscikella.
***END NOTE***

This log is from the viewpoint of Ianivin and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character

[Tavern Burrow, Thirsty Penguin]
Arms slung casually over one another's shoulders, a group of halflings enters the Thirsty Penguin. A mother cat rests on the broad stone step, consenting to your caress, while flicking her tail. From beyond the swinging doors comes the sounds of clinking mugs and hearty laughter. You also see a large red coral sign and a swinging door.
Also here: Yfa
Obvious paths: north, south, east, southwest.

You see Yfa Darkvein the Dark Elf.
She appears to be in her 150's, has very long black hair, dark eyes, and black skin.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a small rune-etched teardrop, an ebon serpentine ring, a small viper-clasped pouch, some tall black leather boots, a slender ruby-adorned sheath, a faceted garnet shield, and some crimson robes.

Yfa just went east.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see some aloeas stem and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Yfa, Pureid, Journeyman Riyace, Lady Amlaruil, Lady Sherysse, Rabecca, Nizariss who is lying down, Darq, Lady Rosabel who is sitting, Brodrick who is kneeling, Magdoleen, Ericus, Chaliell, Jestin, Phoinix who is sitting, Allisin who is sitting, Swiggard who is lying down, Lord Tymmil who is sitting
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west.

You frown.

Nekales glances at Yfa.

You ask, "Strolling around..?"

Yfa says, "no, here with a purpose"

Yfa says, "I wish to know who is responsible for defiling my master's altar"

Nekales says, "thats a scary thought"

Nekales rolls his eyes.

You gaze up into the heavens.

Nekales peers quizzically at Yfa.

You ask, "Defiling?"

You say, "That wasn't defiling."

Kamalot just arrived.

Kamalot glances at Yfa.

Yfa says, "it is of little matter"

You ask, "Then why does it bother you?"

You say, "It's just a statue."

Yfa says, "if the individual or group who is responsible don't show themselves, it will only hurt the entire town."

Rosabel cocks her head at Yfa.

Kamalot asks, "Evening Yfa, to what does our fair town owe the pleasure?"

Yfa says, "it will not be a pleasure"

Yfa says, "rest assured"

Yfa says, "unless the altar is cleansed"

You ask, "You expect me to tell you the name of the one who did it?"

Kamalot rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "We're allowed to have secrets, too."

You nod to Yfa.

Gaela asks, "If you and your master are so powerful, can you not find them yourselves, or must you rely on those you think too weak?"

Yfa says, "if you know, then yes I do"

Kamalot asks, "I take it you are talking about Amasalen's little dress up the other night?"

Yfa says, "we are not so powerful that we watch over each of your petty little lives day and night"

You ask, "You only want us to think that, right?"

Nekales says, "you should then, then you wouldn't have to rely on us for info"

Gaela nods to Nekales.

Yfa says, "I only ask to spare the town"

Yfa says, "I will not ask twice"

You say, "Mmhmm.."

Kamalot rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Lady Sheka just arrived.

Yfa asks, "to save 'innocent' folks?"

Yfa says, "yes"

You say, "As I said before, you can't expect us to tell you the name."

Gaela says, "We are all innocent."

Yfa smirks.

Nekales asks, "so your threat is to make us believe you care for the innocent?"

Kamalot glances at Yfa.

You say, "I've heard that before.."

Nizariss exclaims, "barbaric!"

Yfa says, "I care not for the innocent"

You say, "You almost sound convincing.."

Yfa says, "I only wish to spill the blood of those most deserving"

Sheka glances at Yfa.

Nekales shrugs.

Sheka nods to Yfa.

Sheka asks, "Have you found the staff yet?"

Sheka cocks her head at Yfa.

Nizariss asks, "ye only spillin blood, or do ye plan to end a life?"

You say, "If it weren't for the fact that I know you don't care what happens to the town.."

You say, "Hmm.. that wouldn't change my opinion of you anyhow."

Armaxis fades into sight next to you.

Tabysha snickers.

Yfa says, "I don't care what happens to the town"

Tabysha glances at Armaxis.

Kerilyn giggles.

Armaxis says, "Ah...you would mean Arimantis."

Armaxis's serpent suddenly uncoils from around his neck and crawls down his arm, straightening into a staff in his hand.

Armaxis nods to Yfa.

You say, "Oh.. great."

You gaze up into the heavens.

Armaxis nods to Sheka.

Nekales says, "so then you don't seek to spare anyone, you just want to spill some blood"

You place your hand on your Ronan medallion.

You say, "I should have known it.."

Gaela leans against an ice statue.

Rimalon places his hand on his Tonis medallion.

Sheka asks, "What of the Priest?"

You hang your head.

Rimalon sticks out his tongue.

Gaela examines her fingernails.

Yfa says, "It is simple. Tell me who defiled the altar"

Sarae says, "dammit i was jest goin to hunt too.. now i gotta hide while the town burns down."

You say, "Drat."

Armaxis says, "I saw the aftermath of said desecration. I'm rather certain he is the one who did such."

Yfa says, "they shall pay, and I shall leave ye be for now"

Sheka says, "Ahhh."

Sheka smirks.

Sarae mumbles something that you don't quite catch.

Yfa asks, "It was Arimantis?"

Sheka says, "It was he indeed. Arimantis"

Sheka nods to Yfa.

Sheka smiles coldly.

Gaela appears to be trying hard not to grin.

You sigh.

Kalae peers quizzically at Yfa.

Gaela says, "It."

Yfa nods to Armaxis.

Sheka paces back and forth.

Sheka says, "He thought it amusing to see the statue in pink."

Sheka glowers.

Yfa asks, "Where is Arimantis?"

You say, "I thought it was, too."

Kalae looks over at Yfa and shakes her head.

Armaxis says, "Likely sleeping in his bed."

You say, "In fact, I'm glad he did it."

Kalae bows to Yfa.

You say, "And if he did it again, I would help him."

Kalae just went east.

Gaela says, "Finding more clothes, I suspect."

Nekales says, "knitting some socks for your statue maybe"

Nizariss says, "Yfa that powerful, but can't find one soul..."

Sheka paces back and forth.

Gaela begins chuckling at Nekales.

Sheka glances at Nizariss.

Sheka narrows her eyes.

Yfa says, "You know not what you trifle with"

Gaela says, "And you know not who you trifle with."

You ask, "You lay a hand on him and you'll have to do the same to all of us.. you're aware of this, yes?"

Nekales says, "i know i talk with a lady who likes to threaten people"

You cock your head at Yfa.

Nekales shrugs.

Nizariss says, "no trifle, just ignorant confusion..."

Sheka sneers at you.

Nekales says, "likes to threaten the town in which i live"

Yfa says, "A river of pink blood shall run through this town if the altar is not cleansed within the hour."

Denae says, "Frankly, I am a bit surprised to see you here, Yfa"

Nekales asks, "pink blood huh?"

You ask, "Pink blood?"

Nekales mutters interesting.

You ask, "Too difficult to find a supply of red blood to fill the need?"

Pannaka says, "if you say so"

Yfa says, "Ianivin, cease your babbling"

Sheka asks, "You ignorant ones still insist on mockery?"

Sheka glowers.

You say, "I will cease when you end your threats toward my friends."

Yfa says, "time is fleeting, I hope one wise one has the sense to cleanse the altar"

Meadowstars says, "oh my"

Nizariss's face turns slightly pale.

Nizariss swoons.

Denae asks, "Which altar, Yfa?"

Sheka glances at Nizariss.

Gaela says, "Sheka will. She seems... No wait."

Gaela rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Nekales says, "maybe a cleric of a goodly god might find it in his heart to do so"

Yfa says, "The altar of Amasalen."

Nekales smirks.

Denae says, "that's what I thought"

You say, "When one of the altars here is defiled, we clean and restore it ourselves."

Denae nods to Yfa.

Sheka says, "I myself will enjoy the sight of the blood."

You ask, "Why can't you?"

Jestin says, "Well the enemy is here"

Sheka smiles chillingly.

Yfa says, "Please do not speak to me Ianivin, I have no more use for your worthless talk."

Sheka says, "And I do hope it is the Priest's"

Denae asks, "Yfa, you are thinking there will be need to go there?"

Sheka smirks.

Denae peers quizzically at Yfa.

Yfa says, "It is never wise to mock anybody"

You squint at Yfa.

Denae says, "From what I understand, there was nothing to worry on that matter, Yfa"

Eldrec exclaims, "Hope i don't die!"

Gaela says, "Nor is it wise to make threats."

Armaxis says, "Mm...pardon, I've some thingsss to tend to."

Sheka says, "This town is full of such idiots."

Armaxis says, "May His coils warm your soul in their eternal embrace."

Sheka nods to Yfa.

Armaxis's ora Luukos symbol emits a soft grey glow.

Armaxis just went north.

You place your hand on your Ronan medallion.

Jestin says, "This might not be the best place for such lass"

Sheka glances at Jestin.

Jestin just touched an azure Eonak medallion.

Sheka asks, "Nervous?"

Sheka smirks.

Jestin says, "I am raising, fool; nervous for her"

Jestin gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Kymberlyn in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Kymberlyn, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Kymberlyn awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

Tomisee gestures at Jestin.
The glazed look leaves Jestin.

Jestin says, "Thank you bow tomis"

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

Kerilyn gestures at Kymberlyn.
The glazed look leaves Kymberlyn.

Tomisee says, "welcome"

Sheka paces back and forth.

Rimalon says, "Ah don't care.. my silveries will protect me"

Rimalon smirks.

You gaze up into the heavens.

You glance at Yfa.

Sheka asks, "Have you found the staff yet?"

Fabrique says, "Mash...go to a safe place"

Fabrique nods to Mashmashu.

Mashmashu nods to Fabrique.

Mashmashu just went north.

Sheka asks, "Have you heard aught of the staff yet?"

Sheka cocks her head at Yfa.

Jestin peers quizzically at Yfa.

(Sheka kicks Jestins ankle as she pretends to ignore him.)

Jestin asks, "So why is that one here?"

Jestin points at Yfa.

Jestin asks, "more silly threats?"

Nekales says, "wanted to know why someone improved her masters altar"

Sheka says, "Arimantis has defiled Amasalen's shrine."

Nekales says, "i mean defiled"

Jestin says, "Bah, how can you defile a defiler"

You frown.

Rimalon says, "I defiled a dark shambler once..."

Nekales says, "my thoughts exactly"

Riyace chuckles.

Nekales begins chuckling at Rimalon.

Rimalon laughs!

Sheka says, "She is here to see it cleaned or this town shall pay dearly."

Sheka smiles coldly.

Rimalon says, "Oh yes.. much fun"

Jestin asks, "And why should anyone respect one that plans to kill us anyway?"

Shonison mutters under his breath.

Jestin shrugs.

Fratly says, "Sometimes you worry me, Rimmy"

Fratly chuckles.

Denae says, "she is in love with him"

Rimalon laughs!

Denae shrugs.

Sheka raises an eyebrow in Jestin's direction.

Nekales asks, "well think about that statement Sheka, wouldn't that include you since you live here?"

Rimalon says, "Cripes.. I'm purple! Nothin' gets worse den dat"

Sheka asks, "You wish more blood to be spilt than is necessary?"

Rimalon strikes a heroic pose.

Jestin peers quizzically at Sheka.

Shonison grins.

Elanella says, "and it better not involve the rest of us...we have nothing to do with any defiling"

You say, "I have the feeling blood will be spilt regardless.."

Jestin says, "If you aren't in his camp, you are dead..so it seems to me we all die according to him"

Jestin shrugs.

Nekales says, "well lets see.....no, but i also will not clense a impotent godling wanna be statue "

Jestin says, "Hardly gets worse than that"

Sheka says, "What is His will."

Yfa stares at Nekales.

Sheka nods.

Rimalon says, "This is heating up.. too bad I'm too scared to be here"

Rimalon laughs!

Yfa asks, "are you so foolish?"

Shonison nods to Taug.

Shonison sighs.

Jestin peers quizzically at Yfa.

Nekales says, "usually yes"

Nekales stares at Yfa.

Jasaline asks, "what is this all about?"

You say, "Hmm.."

Lady Chantreuse just arrived.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Gaela says, "I wouldn't call his beliefs foolish."

Nekales says, "i don't believe in the gods lady"

Yfa peers quizzically at Kamalot.

Sheka says, "I fear if Amasalen truly knew the ignorance of the ones He seeks to claim He would try for another town."

Sheka nods to Yfa.

Sheka cackles!

Shonison asks something in guild speak.

Sheka nods to Taug.

Taug grins at Sheka.

Sheka asks, "Hello Taug. Will you go and clean the altar to save this town more bloodshed?"

Taug says, "bout to clean Tc a bit"

Chantreuse says, "I fear it will take more than just an altar cleansing, Sheka"

Kamalot says, "I know of no way to cleanse your statue. The garmets are no longer there and all is as it was."

Taug grins at Sheka.

Chantreuse glances at Yfa.

Sheka asks, "or will you stand there and mock Him as the rest are?"

Taug says, "i mock no one.,...i take stands"

Taug nods.

Yfa says, "I shall take a look for myself Kamalot."

You say, "I actually have a sickening feeling as to what would be needed to cleanse that altar."

Taug gestures.
Taug blends into invisibility among the surroundings.

Ericus says, "implosion might work..."

Slitter just arrived.

Slitter bows to Sheka.

Yfa removes a small blood-spattered bone from in her viper-clasped pouch.

Kamalot says, "Please do. And if you see anything that needs to be fixed, tell me. and I will do it."

You say, "Probably the blood of the one who did it."

Sheka nods to Slitter.

Yfa waves her blood-spattered bone at Yfa!
The ground begins to split, a gaping pit forming. It remains open momentarily, anything upon it vanishing into the darkness. It seals itself in a heartbeat, no trace of a scar or crack remaining.
Yfa just vanished.

Elanella blinks.

Shonison gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Shonison gestures into the air.
Shonison momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Chantreuse says, "gone"

Sheka says, "Hello my servant."

Jestin says, "I see she left"

Nekales says, "makes me hungry"

Evilfury smirks.

Nekales rolls his eyes.

Shonison says, "shes at the shrine"

Slitter says, "greetings mistress"

Jestin says, "Ah"

Kamalot slides a gold ring off his finger.
Suddenly Kamalot vanishes!

Jestin shrugs.

You glance at Sheka.

Sheka raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Shonison gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Shonison gestures into the air.
Shonison momentarily gets a faroff look in his eyes, and then returns to normal.

Jestin says, "Then she can wallow in the blood there"

Slitter moves to stand in front of Sheka.

Shonison gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Shonison gestures into the air.
A silvery fog coalesces around Shonison, obscuring his form. When the fog dissipates, Shonison is gone.

You say, "Looks as if you found a replacement for my father.. good."

Sheka squints at Decorsair.

Evilfury smirks.

Sheka asks, "your father?"

Sheka cocks her head at you.

Evilfury says, "you standing in front of her isnt going to help her with anything, lackey."

Evilfury chuckles.

Decorsair says, "Sheka hiya Doll"

Slitter smirks.

You say, "I thought you would have realized it by now."

Jestin says, "Sheka not kissing Yfa's feet? Pity"

Sheka asks, "Iansen?"

Nekales says, "she was trying, i think she was afriad of ripping a loud one if she bent over"

Sheka smirks.

Jestin chuckles.

Gaela laughs!

You ask, "Had to think about that for a bit, hm?"

You peer quizzically at Sheka.

Sheka glowers.

Slitter sulks, glowering sullenly at nothing in particular.

Evilfury smirks.

Yfa just materialized from nowhere.

Sangradar gulps.

Evilfury asks, "eh?"

Yfa says, "very well"

Evilfury says, "bah"

Jestin just arrived.

Slitter gazes up into the heavens.

Yfa put a small blood-spattered bone in her viper-clasped pouch.

Slitter nods to Sheka.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Shonison.

Lady Opalina just arrived.

You ask, "Is it still the same as it was?"

You peer quizzically at Yfa.

Yfa says, "no, it is as it should be"

Kamalot just arrived.

Shonison says, "Arimantis is a member of the Northern Fury, Yfa. I recommend against any action you take against us"

Yfa removes a small blood-spattered bone from in her viper-clasped pouch.

Yfa says, "see for yourself"

Yfa points her blood-spattered bone at you!
The ground begins to split, a gaping pit forming. It remains open momentarily, anything upon it vanishing into the darkness. It seals itself in a heartbeat, no trace of a scar or crack remaining.
You feel yourself pulled away.

[Ice Plains, Shrine]
The room is lit by dozens of torches and a marble dais is set at the end of the chamber atop a stone altar. The dais has gold and platinum inlays along the top with veins of silver twisted down the supports of the base. Several stools are arranged in rows in front of the altar, with a path large enough to walk down the center of the room to the altar. Behind the dais is a dark alcove with a lifesize statue of Amasalen, servant of Luukos. You also see an arctic manticore that appears stunned and a tempered rolaren arch.
Obvious paths: none.

You remove a longsword from in your leather sheath.
You sling a black mithril shield off from over your shoulder.

This representation of Amasalen is quite exquisite being fashioned of the purest silver. Amasalen, in his elven form, has a lean muscular build with piercing eyes. His pupils are mere slits and the image that comes to mind is that of a reptile. His face is cold and his expression is grim as he holds out his hands to watch over the altar. Blood continually drips from his fingers but never seems to touch the floor of the altar before it disappears.

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You say, "A pity."

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

An arctic manticore tries to bite you!
AS: +140 vs DS: +125 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +42 = +91
A clean miss.

[Ice Plains, Master Quarters]
Passing through a blackened curtain you enter a small bedroom. Two large oak beds are set parallel to each other along the east wall with two dressers set on the opposite wall. The fire in the common room keeps this room surprisingly warm. The beds have seen some use recently but you can't tell if by man or beast.
Obvious exits: southwest.

You frown.

You say, "Now to survive this.."

You rub a crystal amulet.
You feel your mind open up to the world around you.

You focus your mind on Yfa and think:
"Sort of a poetic justice? Leaving me here to die by the altar?"

You frown.

In the black longcoat you see a smooth bone wand, a silver wand, some acantha leaf, a rolton pelt, a crystal amulet, a golden beeswax candle, a glass amulet, an iron-bound haon chest, a badly damaged haon trunk, a corroded silver trunk and a Wehnimer's promissory note.

You say, "What have I got.."

You frown.

In the leather tool satchel you see a Lady Luky portrait, a coral studded iron pendant and some acantha leaf.

You place your hand on your Ronan medallion.

You close your eyes for a moment.

You hang your head.

Screeching like a banshee, the harsh arctic wind fruitlessly seeks entrance to your shelter.

You say, "M'lord Ronan.. if it be your will that I continue in my service, I must survive this."

[Ice Plains, Shrine]
The room is lit by dozens of torches and a marble dais is set at the end of the chamber atop a stone altar. The dais has gold and platinum inlays along the top with veins of silver twisted down the supports of the base. Several stools are arranged in rows in front of the altar, with a path large enough to walk down the center of the room to the altar. Behind the dais is a dark alcove with a lifesize statue of Amasalen, servant of Luukos. You also see a tempered rolaren arch.
Obvious paths: none.

You say, "I am not afraid."

The altar is made from large stone blocks fitted together so tightly that the cracks between each block are barely noticeable. Several small pools of blood have formed around the dais. The blood does not look fresh, but doesn't appear to have dried up at all.

An arctic manticore charges in.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"I suppose this is a fitting end."

You sigh.

An arctic manticore claws at you!
AS: +135 vs DS: +125 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +96 = +143
... and hits for 16 points of damage!
Hesitant slash to your upper right arm!
Just a scratch.

[Ice Plains, Hill Top]
From here you can see across the valleys and hills that stretch out for miles to the west. You pause a moment to take in a breath of fresh air and revel at the beauty unfolded before you. You're very close to the top of the hill and as you glance around, you notice the faint outline of another opening hidden by a snowbank. A ramp leading down is off to one side with iron railings on either side.
Obvious paths: west.

You take a running start towards the ramp but as you are about to make a fantastic leap, you misjudge a step slide head first down the ramp crashing hard into the snow-covered ground below!

[Ice Plains, Hill Side]
The ledge tapers off and once again becomes part of the hill leaving no way for you to continue around the east side of the hill. A smooth ramp continues upward to another ledge that looks to head back in the direction you came from. The ramp has two iron railings along each side and is completely covered with ice making it difficult to climb. Just underneath the ramp is the entrance to a tunnel heading north.
Obvious paths: west.

... 15 points of damage!
Crushing blow crumples your nose!
You are stunned for 4 rounds!
You dropped your longsword and mithril shield!

You have minor lacerations about the head and a possible mild concussion, and some minor cuts and bruises on your right arm.

You are feeling faint.

You stand back up.

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You remove some acantha leaf from in your black longcoat.

You take a bite of your acantha leaf.
YUCK! That stuff tastes horrible!
You feel a little better.

You take a bite of your acantha leaf.
You feel a little better.

You take a bite of your acantha leaf.
YUCK! That stuff tastes horrible!
You feel a little better.

You put some acantha leaf in your leather tool satchel.

You begin to do your best to mend your wound.
After some effort you manage to stop the bleeding.

You pick up a longsword.

[Ice Plains, Hill Base]
The path leads you closer to the south side of the hill where large cave openings can be seen scattered along the base. The closest opening is one of three along this side and is heavily gouged around the lower edges. To the left of the opening is a staircase that has been carved into the side of the hill leading upwards to a wide ledge. You also see a massive rolaren gate.
Obvious paths: east.

The gate stands some twelve feet tall with large spikes protruding from the top of the gate and following along the walls on either side. The gate is made of tempered rolaren and reinforced with iron. It shows no sign of rust or decay but does not appear to get much use.
It is closed.

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Well.. I survive long enough to be stopped by a gate."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Roleron gate?"

You place your hand on your Ronan medallion.

The cold winds begin to howl with relentless fury, chilling you to the bone!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 5 points of damage!
Brrrr! That was a good hit to the right leg! Knocked you silly.
You have been injured by the gale!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"It looks like rolaren, yes."

You close your eyes for a moment.

You say, "Please, my lord.."

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"You going to need a locksmith"

You hear the faint thoughts of Jestin echo in your mind:
"Unless you have a ring to town"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"I have neither."

The bandages on your head come loose and you begin to bleed again.

Suddenly, the winds begin to gust. They whip around you screaming, relentless in their fury. Brought by their chill touch, waves of painful cold course throughout your body!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 5 points of damage!
My! You'll surely be stiff in the morning! Better ice down the bruises!
You have been injured by the gale!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Yfa transported me here to see the statue of Amasalen."

You begin to do your best to mend your wound.and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble! After some effort you manage to stop the bleeding.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Could someone come to aid me?"

The cold winds begin to howl with relentless fury, chilling you to the bone!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 5 points of damage!
Chilly blast to the chest causes heart to skip a beat.
You have been injured by the gale!

You put a longsword in your leather sheath.

You remove some acantha leaf from in your leather tool satchel.

You take a bite of your acantha leaf.
You feel a little better.

You put some acantha leaf in your leather tool satchel.

You remove a longsword from in your leather sheath.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"This does not look good for me."

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 20 points of damage!
Left arm is shattered by cold blast!
You are stunned for 2 rounds!
You have been injured by the gale!

You have minor lacerations about the head and a possible mild concussion, some minor cuts and bruises on your right arm, a fractured and bleeding left arm, some minor cuts and bruises on your right leg, minor cuts and bruises on your chest, and minor cuts and bruises on your back.

You are feeling weakened.

An arctic manticore just arrived.

The bandages on your head come loose and you begin to bleed again.

You say, "I will not fall here.."

An arctic manticore just arrived.

You focus your mind on Ivanaerius and think:
"Yfa transported me behind the rolaren gate."

An arctic manticore tries to bite you!
AS: +140 vs DS: +105 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +47 = +116
... and hits for 9 points of damage!
Weak slash to your lower back!

You put a longsword in your leather sheath.

You remove some acantha leaf from in your leather tool satchel.

You take a bite of your acantha leaf.
YUCK! That stuff tastes horrible!
You feel a little better.

The shrieking winds become suddenly violent. The temperature drops drastically, numbing your extremities in a heartbeat. You cannot see through the flying snow and ice, and it looks as though you may be in trouble!

You shiver as the frigid wind seems to find every gap in your clothing.
... 20 points of damage!
A gallant effort to elude the blast, but you got hit in the hip!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

The cold winds begin to howl with relentless fury, chilling you to the bone!

You feel the touch of a chillingly cold hand reach deep within you. The sensation is terrible and unpleasant.

You say, "Ugg..g.h."

Your body begins to shake and convulse, terror sweeping through your limbs.

The cold arctic winds begin to whip around you violently!

You say, "Do not touch me, Amasalen.."

The blood stops running into the snow, and you feel an odd sensation, a very unpleasant sensation.

You feel yourself being pulled away...

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see a weathered monir box, the Jestin disk, the Fratly disk, the Sheka disk and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Fendyn, Saphyr who is sitting, Eldrec, Adama, Lord Jinnrui, Lord Gilheal who is lying down, Nerox who is sitting, Beagslave, Lord Erthevan, Jestin, Logarh who is sitting, Brodrick who is kneeling, Fratly, Lord Ranyhyn, Lord Gaillard, Journeyman Nithin who is sitting, Deltair who is kneeling, Kailar who is lying down, Scortis who is sitting, Silvermoone, Freb, Hiten who is lying down, Lady Nevea, Lord Benyark, Decorsair, Lilithsapphire, Meadowstars who is sitting, Slitter, Jasaline, Evilfury, Lady Sheka

Obvious paths: north, south, east, west.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!
Jasaline falls to the ground!
Jestin falls to the ground!
Freb falls to the ground!
Erthevan falls to the ground!
Fendyn falls to the ground!
Sheka falls to the ground!
Deltair falls over!
Brodrick falls over!
Eldrec falls to the ground!
Gaillard falls to the ground!
Slitter falls to the ground!
Evilfury falls to the ground!
Silvermoone falls to the ground!
Benyark falls to the ground!
Ranyhyn falls to the ground!
Jinnrui falls to the ground!

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!
Tamarin falls to the ground!
Fratly falls to the ground!
Lilithsapphire falls to the ground! Beagslave falls to the ground!
Adama falls to the ground!

Ranyhyn says, "ewww"

You hear the voice of Sabitor say, "Damn."

Jestin gestures at you.
You feel a tingle on your soul, as if a powerful hand is gently cradling it.

Nithin asks, "what was that?"

Evilfury says, "wow."

You say, "Ungghh.."

Lilithsapphire asks, "what the?"

Evilfury says, "she must be fatter than i thought."

Sabitor says, "I hope that quake wasn't an... omen."

Benyark grins at Sabitor.

Sheka says, "But of course it was."

Sabitor says, "Of course, Sheka."

Sabitor gazes up into the heavens.

Sheka asks, "Has anyone gone to clean the shrine?"

You say, "The hand.."

You say, "It felt so cold..."

Sabitor says, "Of course not."

Evilfury says, "why bother? ill just go out there later and dirty it back up again."

Sheka sneers at you.

Sabitor says, "Leave the shrine as it is."

Evilfury shrugs.

The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
Sabitor loses his balance and falls over.
Sareit loses her balance and falls over.
Jesmit loses his balance and falls over.
Tamarin loses his balance and falls over.
Eldrec loses his balance and falls over.
Adama loses his balance and falls over.
Jinnrui loses his balance and falls over.
Erthevan loses his balance and falls over.
Logarh loses his balance and falls over.
Fratly loses his balance and falls over.
Nithin loses his balance and falls over.
Benyark loses his balance and falls over.
Lilithsapphire loses her balance and falls over.
Meadowstars loses her balance and falls over.
Slitter loses his balance and falls over.
Evilfury loses his balance and falls over.
Sheka loses her balance and falls over.

The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
Laurencia loses her balance and falls over.
Exjavier loses his balance and falls over.
Sabitor loses his balance and falls over.
Tomisee loses his balance and falls over.
Jinnrui loses his balance and falls over.
Freb loses his balance and falls over.
Benyark loses his balance and falls over.
Meadowstars loses her balance and falls over.
Slitter loses his balance and falls over.
Evilfury loses his balance and falls over.

Sabitor exclaims, "Damn!"


This log is from the viewpoint of Gaela and the "you" references, therefore, are in connection to said character

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
Picks up in Town Center from this spot in the other log:

Yfa removes a small blood-spattered bone from in her viper-clasped pouch.

Yfa says, "see for yourself"

Yfa points her blood-spattered bone at you!...
***END NOTE***

Yfa points her blood-spattered bone at Ianivin!
The ground begins to split, a gaping pit forming. It remains open momentarily, anything upon it vanishing into the darkness. It seals itself in a heartbeat, no trace of a scar or crack remaining.
Ianivin just vanished.

Yfa put a small blood-spattered bone in her viper-clasped pouch.

Sheka mutters under her breath.

Yfa says, "we shall see if the view is to his liking"

Jestin says, "Witch is back"

Jestin shrugs.

Sheka nods to Yfa.

Sheka stares at Opalina.

Sheka narrows her eyes.

Jestin says, "yfa go peddle it somewhere else"

Jestin sighs.

Yfa says, "I peddle nothing, speak to your peers not me."

Sheka asks, "Has it been cleaned yet?"

Jestin says, "Nothing to speak about"

Sheka says, "You are outdoing yourself in your foolery Opalina."

Opalina says, "naa"

Evilfury waves a hand at Sheka, dismissing her indifferently.

Jestin says, "you master boasts openly of the towns death"

Sheka smiles coldly.

Yfa says, "my master boasts to no one"

Jestin says, "Well his servants do..perhaps you should talk to your peers"

Diebatil asks, "masters huh?"

Opalina says, "Have you found the staff Yfa"

Yfa says, "nay, the staff has not revealed itself, Thurfel must have it."

Sheka says, "That is what I think."

Opalina asks, "what brings ya to town today Yfa?"

Jestin says, "Unless of course you expect those they threaten to die without a murmer"

Yfa says, "I am making plans to kill him for once and for all however."

Chantreuse asks, "you think, Yfa?"

Yfa says, "I will pull the location of the staff from his dying breath however"

Yfa removes a jagged blood-red blade from in her ruby-adorned sheath.

Yfa says, "it will be quite enjoyable"

Chantreuse says, "I am quite sure there are many that will disagree with your scenario, Yfa"

Sheka says, "Very well then."

Yfa says, "if they can stop me, let them."

Shonison says, "we defeated Thurfel in battle, we can defeat you"

Yfa sks, "If you defeated him, why did he return?"

Sheka says, "You did no such thing."

Yfa says, "when I defeat him, he will never return"

Shonison says, "we shall see"

Sheka says, "He allowed what he wished to happen is all."

Yfa says, "his power weakens with each day"

Opalina asks, "I thought you loved him?"

Opalina peers quizzically at Yfa.

Yfa says, "he betrayed us"

Opalina asks, "how did he betray you Yfa?"

Sheka asks, "Us? Are you then one of the Nine?"

Opalina asks, "were you in the tomb?"

Sheka cocks her head at Yfa.

Yfa says, "he has not released the remainder of the council"

Sabitor smirks.

Evilfury says, "and that betrayed you? i think you're full of it."

Opalina asks, "but ya aren't one of the council are ya?"

Nekales says, "maybe he's busy"

Evilfury smirks.

Sabitor says, "I should hope not."

Diebatil says, "and cannot now that it is sealed"

Opalina asks, "and if so how did you get out?"

Opalina slowly paces to her left, moving in a circle around Yfa.

Yfa says, "He has the power, he refuses to use it"

Yfa says, "I am not one of the council"

Opalina says, "well he's kinda in a fog can't really do much in there"

Sheka says, "Hmmm"

Opalina asks, "or have ya forgotten that?"

Nekales asks, "but his power weakens as you say, so if he was planning on it, aren't you keeping from his task?"

Chantreuse asks, "no, she is the, how do I say this?"

Chantreuse works her fingers under her pearl trimmed snood and scratches her head.

Shonison says, "you work for them, close enough"

Chantreuse says, "object of desire to one"

Yfa says, "his death will release to me the power to do what he should have done."

Nekales says, "ah"

Opalina asks, "so you came here intending to kill Thurfel again?"

Yfa says, "once he is weakened enough, I will slay him within the mist"

Ichiko just arrived.

Ichiko gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Chantreuse asks, "you have been waiting a long time, Yfa, why do you still think he will weaken?"

Yfa asks, "or perhaps you would all like to slay him yourself?"

Sabitor says, "Or perhaps we'd like to slay you."

Shonison says, "right now, he is the lesser of the evils"

Sheka says, "I do not think Thurfel to be weakening at all."

Sheka looks over at Yfa and shakes her head.

Roelon asks, "Is this the lass who has been making such a ruckas?"

Jestin asks, "And are you also responsible for the recent invasions?"

Nekales says, "well personally i don't like either of you, maybe you'll destroy each other and we can all relax"

Sangradar nods to Nekales.

Opalina asks, "so you want the council released and you still need magic to do that?"

Sheka sneers at Nekales.

Yfa nods to Opalina.

Opalina asks, "what are the possessed for then?"

Nekales glances at Sheka.

Yfa says, "they are not the true power of those imprisoned."

Opalina asks, "Are you trying to find the staff to help you open the tomb?"

Yfa says, "The staff is powerful, it is not for the tomb however."

Sabitor asks, "Then for what?"

Sheka says, "She is trying to find it to gag you with it."

Sheka nods to Opalina.

Sheka smirks.

Yfa says, "if you should find it before me, you shall see"

Sabitor says, "If I find it before you, it will snapped to splinters."

Roelon asks, "Ye plan to use it against Thurfel?"

Yfa says, "it will never be snapped, that I can assure you."

Sabitor asks, "Good? Bad? What's the difference?"

Sabitor glances at Yfa.

Sabitor asks, "And why can't it be destroyed?"

Sheka asks, "Are you speaking of his songs?"

Opalina asks, "when do you feel Thurfel will be weak enough for you to destroy Yfa?"

Yfa waves her blood-spattered bone at Yfa!
The ground begins to split, a gaping pit forming. It remains open momentarily, anything upon it vanishing into the darkness. It seals itself in a heartbeat, no trace of a scar or crack remaining.
Yfa just vanished.

Ianivin's body just appeared.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!
Jasaline falls to the ground!
Jestin falls to the ground!
Freb falls to the ground!
Erthevan falls to the ground!
Fendyn falls to the ground!
Sheka falls to the ground!
Deltair falls over!
Brodrick falls over!
Eldrec falls to the ground!
Gaillard falls to the ground!
Slitter falls to the ground!
Evilfury falls to the ground!
Silvermoone falls to the ground!
Benyark falls to the ground!
Ranyhyn falls to the ground!
Jinnrui falls to the ground!

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles!
Tamarin falls to the ground!
Fratly falls to the ground!
Lilithsapphire falls to the ground!
Beagslave falls to the ground!
Adama falls to the ground!

Ranyhyn says, "ewww"

You hear the voice of Sabitor say, "Damn."

Jestin gestures at Ianiven.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Ianivin, then fades into the body.

Nithin asks, "what was that?"

Evilfury says, "wow."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ianivin say, "Ungghh.."

Lilithsapphire asks, "what the?"

Evilfury says, "she must be fatter than i thought."

Sabitor says, "I hope that quake wasn't an... omen."

Benyark grins at Sabitor.

Sheka says, "But of course it was."

Sabitor says, "Of course, Sheka."

Sabitor gazes up into the heavens.

Sheka asks, "Has anyone gone to clean the shrine?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Ianivin say, "The hand.."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ianivin say, "It felt so cold..."

Sabitor says, "Of course not."

Evilfury says, "why bother? ill just go out there later and dirty it back up again."

Sheka sneers at Ianivin.

Sabitor says, "Leave the shrine as it is."

Evilfury shrugs.

The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
Sabitor loses his balance and falls over.
Sareit loses her balance and falls over.
Jesmit loses his balance and falls over.
Tamarin loses his balance and falls over.
Eldrec loses his balance and falls over.
Adama loses his balance and falls over.
Jinnrui loses his balance and falls over.
Erthevan loses his balance and falls over.
Logarh loses his balance and falls over.
Fratly loses his balance and falls over.
Nithin loses his balance and falls over.
Benyark loses his balance and falls over.
Lilithsapphire loses her balance and falls over.
Meadowstars loses her balance and falls over.
Slitter loses his balance and falls over.
Evilfury loses his balance and falls over.
Sheka loses her balance and falls over.

The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
Laurencia loses her balance and falls over.
Exjavier loses his balance and falls over.
Sabitor loses his balance and falls over.
Tomisee loses his balance and falls over.
Jinnrui loses his balance and falls over.
Freb loses his balance and falls over.
Benyark loses his balance and falls over.
Meadowstars loses her balance and falls over.
Slitter loses his balance and falls over.
Evilfury loses his balance and falls over.

Sabitor exclaims, "Damn!"



Button Link to Thurfel Main