Odor of Decay
Volnes, day 17 of the month Imaerasta in the year 5101

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Kaegen disk, an aged scroll and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Sysero, Kaegen, the body of Londae who is lying down, Tyras who is sitting, Cryptslayer, High Lord Deathsaver, Allayoop who is lying down, Shadowemp, Gorlic, Mushi who is sitting, Tazelhoffe, Raeuko, Altasren who is sitting, Sashanna, Rhiwallon who is lying down.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

An old halfling just arrived.

The old halfling smiles and says, "Nice weather today, eh?"

Krypta waves a hand at the old halfling, shooing it off.

Altasren says, "Yes, sir, it is"

Altasren nods to the old halfling.

The old halfling says, "Oh no!"

The old halfling pulls his cloak closer and mumbles something about finding some shelter from the elements.

The old halfling's eyes roll up into the back of his head.

The old halfling shouts "Flee, flee while you can, the end is near!"

Altasren peers quizzically at an old halfling.

You glance at an old halfling.

Something can be seen scurrying beneath the snow.

You say, "What did ye say, old fella."

(Iscikella glances down at the snow.)

You gasp.

You ask, "What is that?"

The old halfling smiles in your direction, looking a bit hopeful.

(Iscikella points down at the snow.)

The ground shakes, knocking several items off the bench. They sink into the snow and vanish.

Tyras tries to force something on the halfling, but he refuses it.

You ask, "Old fella, flee from what?"

You cock your head at an old halfling.

Gorlic says, "careful white out coming"

Gorlic rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Gorlic gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Gorlic gestures.
A strong breeze suddenly picks up and begins to blow around in different directions through the area!

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.
A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

A black mist begins to slowly creep across the snow, the shadows seemingly alive.

(Iscikella points at the mist.)

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You gasp.

You exclaim, "Look!"

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

An old halfling hobbles north.

You exclaim, "Look at that mist!"

Miginus falls to the ground!
Gorlic falls to the ground!
Shadowemp falls to the ground!
Krypta falls to the ground!
Poissedon falls to the ground!
The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!
Tyras falls to the ground!

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You move to a kneeling position.

Altasren exclaims, "Good heavens! Maybe the halfling was right!"

You nod to Altasren.

You exclaim, "Aye!"

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"everyone else get a tremor then?"

Krypta asks, "who did that?"

You exclaim, "No one!"

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You say, "Didn't ye see the mist."

Krypta says, "twasn't funny"

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.
An aged scroll is suddenly picked up by the wind and blown east!

Thunder awakens the morning, yet no clouds are visible.

Altasren says, "That black mist, aye"

You tilt your head up.

Altasren blinks.

You exclaim, "Thunder!"

You stand back up.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

(Iscikella scans the horizon)

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Tyras surveys the area.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You bite your lip.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

You say, "Seems a foul storm is rising..."

Tyras appears to be listening intently to something.

A strong breeze continues to swirl through the area.

Joter says, "Hi"

You tilt your head up.

Joter smiles.

Altasren asks, "A storm that would cause the ground to shake?"

You exclaim, "Joter be careful!"

The strong breeze stops as suddenly as it arrived.

Snow begins to spray upwards, great fissures upon the ground threatening to engulf anything in their path.

Joter asks, "Why?"

(Altasren looks rather dubious)

You gasp.

(Iscikella points at the snow!)

You ask, "Don't ye see it?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"`damn fissure openin by the well"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"`thunder and snow comin up"

Joter says, "I don't"

Sysero says, "invasion"

(Iscikella looks down at the fissures.)

Sysero says, "worms"

You exclaim, "The snow is rising up, Joter!"

Sysero says, "to the south"

You flail your arms about.

Joter gulps.

You remove a deep violet vultite falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.
You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Tyras asks, "at the gate?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"Worms north of TC."

Bronwic says, "There's some stuff around that's dangerous."

Damaris groans.

Damaris says, "Ow."

The mist continues to flow slowly across the ground, the white snow now hidden within the fogs murky depths.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The snow is rising up in the Centre!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Elexa echo in your mind:
"worms at the well!"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"And there is a mist."

Damaris exclaims, "Ugh!"

(Damaris kicks at the mist.)

Sysero recites:
"Weird worms to the south"

(Iscikella gazes at the mist.)

You hear the faint thoughts of Thaark echo in your mind:
"mist just inside the east gate as well"

Bronwic says, "Watch out there are some worms in town."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Worms in town."

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"Five worms two north of TC."

Altasren asks, "Worms?"

Altasren asks, "Do they bite?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Elexa echo in your mind:
"got dead bodies at the well"

The temperature drops to nearly unbearable cold. The black mist begins to thicken.

Damaris says, "I can't even see my own two feet in this."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Black mist in the Centre!"

Joter gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Joter gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

(Damaris eyes the mist.)

Joter says, "Sancted"

Damaris says, "Doubt that'll help, Joter."

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"They be spawning from the dead bodies."

You say, "It won't."

You shake your head.

Joter says, "It won't hurt"

(Iscikella watches the mist)

Damaris asks, "So, who's got an idea of what to do?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Elexa echo in your mind:
"an they very smelly too"

Altasren asks, "Run and hide?"

Damaris says, "I'd do that if I didn't think the worms would get me."

Joter says, "You will pardon me if I keep my battle gear out"

Damaris says, "though I really ought to go unload all this stuff so I can at least have a prayer of dodging stuff."

Damaris groans.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

(Damaris squints around, trying to see which direction might be safe.)

***Healing and spelling up going on***

You hear the faint thoughts of Rieyna echo in your mind:
"Worms dead yet?"

You ask, "Ye lk'd, Fallkk?"

Korel asks, "Healin fer Fallkk please?"

You take a quick appraisal of Fallkk and find that he has deep gashes and serious bleeding from his chest, deep gashes and serious bleeding from his back, a case of uncontrollable convulsions, and a fractured and bleeding left arm.
He is bleeding slightly from the back, slightly from the left arm, and badly from the chest.
He is also quite dead.

Sysero asks, "could someone take me bloodloss please?"

You meditate over Fallkk.
Fallkk's back damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Fallkk.
Fallkk's chest damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Fallkk.
Fallkk's left arm damage is transferred to you.

Robreiver asks, "we sancted here?"

Joter says, "Aye"

You meditate over Fallkk.
Fallkk's nervous system damage is transferred to you.

Korel gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Korel gestures at Fallkk.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Korel encompassing Fallkk's corpse.

You hear the faint thoughts of Thaark echo in your mind:
"need a cleric or 3 at Voln. have 4 bodies here"

Korel says, "Up ya come Fallkk."

Korel rubs Fallkk gently.

Korel gestures at Fallkk.
Korel suddenly looks very drained.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Fallkk in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Fallkk, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Fallkk awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.
Fallkk's body suddenly grows darker.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Korel says, "Someone pull me up if'n dey come here."

Korel kneels down.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

The black mist begins to rise as it sweeps across the ground.

You gasp.

Korel exclaims, "Ick!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"here they come again"

(Iscikella points at the mist.)

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Black mist again."

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"mist is about"

Korel taps his foot impatiently.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ghita echo in your mind:
"black mist?"

You say, "I am not partial to black mist..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"when the fissure opens that be when they come"

Adonist just touched an onyx winged dragon pendant.

(Iscikella watches the mist)

(Skyfawn peers at the mist)

Adonist leans on his broadsword.

Joter says, "I think I can spell that mist in one word"

Snow blasts upward in all directions, the violence sudden and immediate.

Damaris says, "Gack."

Damaris flails her arms about.

(Iscikella points at the snow.)

Skyfawn asks, "upwards?"

You nod to Skyfawn.

You say, "Same as before."

(Damaris backs away, over near the statue.)

Skyfawn rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Think worms tunneling up. Don't know."

Damaris asks, "Um. What if something comes out of there?"

Joter says, "Yfa. I don't think she necessarily died but was transported or transformed."

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"arachnids in town now"

Muffled skittering fills the air.

You say, "Black mist here and snow rocketing up."

(Skyfawn points at the mist and snow)

You say, "Skittering."

Damaris asks, "Skittering?"

Damaris blinks.

You carefully listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

Adonist says, "Arachnids"

Damaris asks, "What skitters? Spiders?"

You say, "Could be."

You nod to Damaris.

Damaris says, "Great."

Damaris stares off into space.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ghita echo in your mind:
"at the south gate"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"all over"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"INVASION!!!!!!!!!!"

Adonist exclaims, "I wanna squism some Spiders!"

Damaris says, "Maybe that sanctuary really is keeping them out."

Damaris furrows her brow.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kahlthnor echo in your mind:
"North of TC."

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"all on the south road come get em"

Reddin just arrived, dragging the body of Londae behind him.

Adonist says, "talk about great timing no one is awake"

You ask, "Ye lk'd, Londae?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Londae ask, "I dunno?"

You remove a pale purple glaes flask from in your spidersilk skirt.
You force Londae's mouth open, and pour in a small amount from your purple glaes flask.
You hear a gentle voice whisper to you, "The soul of Londae is already bound by the web of PRESERVATION, my child."
You put a pale purple glaes flask in your spidersilk skirt.

Joter says, "Londae, you know the rule against dying on the job."

You say, "Ye are."

The stench of the mist is becoming vile, the air nearly unbreathable.

You gasp.

You hear someone cough.

You cover your nose tightly. Phew!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Foul stench too."

You hear the voice of Ghita say, "the stench..."

Freefall's face turns slightly pale.

Korel recites:
"Any other Clerics here?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Londae say, "I never thought that I would have to wield a weapon in town"

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"someone come get scrag at the well fore he rots hes nappin i think?"

Damaris says, "Ya know, maybe this isn't the safest place to stand, since the mist's, um, focusing here."

Damaris stares off into space.

You hear the ghostly voice of Londae say, "thanks....but I can't feel...I'm dead"

You hear the faint thoughts of Sazarr echo in your mind:
"got two one west of TC"

You hear the faint thoughts of Reddin echo in your mind:
"Scrag kept but undraggable"

Raeuko throws her head back and howls!

***Healing and spelling up going on***

[Temple Burrow, Oleani Way]
Pieces of ice dot the street and one yard sports a small, carrot-nosed snowman. To the north looms the glacier, above the dwellings on the streets, with the Temple sitting atop it. Carved from the ice, the Temple gleams in the sun, giving those that live here an impressive view. You also see a wrought-iron gate and a snow-covered stone path.
Also here: Cristyl, the body of Stunseed who is lying down
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

You hear the ghostly voice of Stunseed say, "It was another worm."

You exclaim, "Gad!"

Shaemarie came through a wrought-iron gate.

Shaemarie gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Shaemarie gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

You ask, "Ye kept?"

The spirit of Stunseed sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

Cristyl nods to you.

Cristyl kneels down and begins to meditate.

You hear the faint thoughts of Ghita echo in your mind:
"has anyone been to Thurfel's keep lately?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Korel echo in your mind:
"Any other Clerics on duty right now?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Stunseed say, "I can't believe I was stupid enough to walk out.."

Shaemarie asks in guild speak, "HEal Stunseed?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Thaark echo in your mind:
"me"

You hear the faint thoughts of Damaris echo in your mind:
"Just a little while ago, Ghita."

Shaemarie smiles at you.

Shaemarie rubs Stunseed gently.

You take a quick appraisal of Stunseed and find that he has a bruised left eye, and some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm.
He is also quite dead.

You meditate over Stunseed.
Stunseed's left eye damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Stunseed.
Stunseed's left arm damage is transferred to you.

You hear the faint thoughts of Korel echo in your mind:
"Ya busy?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Damaris echo in your mind:
"I was down there when the mist started coming into the town, didn't notice anything odd though."

You hear the faint thoughts of Ghita echo in your mind:
"these critters are very similar"

You hear the faint thoughts of Reddin echo in your mind:
"all areas clear of dem bugs?"

The spirit of Stunseed sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

You hear the ghostly voice of Stunseed say, "Starting to feel like Candor right now."

You hear the faint thoughts of Thaark echo in your mind:
"where ya at, Korel"

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Damaris disk and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Rhiwallon, Heuward, Decorsair, Korel who is kneeling, Freefall, the body of Londae who is lying down, Journeyman Kahlthnor, Damaris, Lord Fallkk who is lying down, Lord Cles, Miginus, Lord Joter, Altasren.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

You hear the faint thoughts of Korel echo in your mind:
"TC."

You see Londae Ferlif the Giantman Cleric.
He appears to be in his 30's, has short, wavy sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin.
He appears to be DEAD!
He has a completely severed right arm.
He is bleeding from the right arm.

You meditate over Londae.
Londae's right arm damage is transferred to you.

The mist begins to sink into the snow, the stench weakening.

You cough.

You say, "That's smell."

You hear the faint thoughts of Reddin echo in your mind:
"mist at north gate?"

You cover your nose tightly. Phew!

You hear the faint thoughts of Robreiver echo in your mind:
"mist is goin think they are too"

Raeuko screams!

Korel asks, "Iscikella, ya able ta steal well o' life from me?"

Raeuko says, "just seen one ...."

You say, "Aye. Should be able. Prepare it."

You hear the faint thoughts of Reddin echo in your mind:
"is weakin here anyways"

With great effort the spirit of Londae gives a keening cry, spectral tears falling to the ground.

Korel says, "Ready."

Raeuko says, "so I advize everyone to wear your shields and such"

You gesture at Korel.
CS: +317 - TD: +70 + CvA: +18 + d100: +86 - -5 == +356
Warding failed!
[d100 = 41 + skills bonuses 97 - mod -10 - spell lvl 8 + wis bonus 25 = 165]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Korel.
Korel gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops him.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Well of Life.

You gesture at Korel.
A brilliant shaft of pure white light suddenly surrounds Korel.
You are left feeling weakened and feeble.

Korel beams happily at you!

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Smell is lessening."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Korel asks, "Ready fer life Londae?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Londae say, "yeah"

You hear the ghostly voice of Londae say, "get me back in mi body"

Korel just touched a yellow Voaris symbol.

Korel just touched Londae.

Korel gestures at Londae.
Korel suddenly looks very drained.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Londae in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Londae, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Londae awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

[Cemetary Chamber]
The chamber is cold, dark, and deathly quiet. The thick earthen walls of this vault-like room muffle any sounds that might be coming from above or below. What looks to have been a stairwell or door is now boarded up with thick planks of wood and heavily reinforced with sturdy bars of iron. Intricate runes have been etched in an arc above the barrier.
Obvious exits: up.

The feeling of weakness leaves you. Your spirits are somewhat rejuvenated.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You hear the faint thoughts of Adonist echo in your mind:
"Welp with the threat gone I guess I'll go back to sleep"

(Iscikella glances at the planks.)

You ask, "So, are ye stirring behind there?"

You sigh.

(Iscikella glances up at the runes on the arc.)

You rub your chin thoughtfully.



Button Link to Thurfel Main