"Living" Boxes
Leyan, day 24 of the month Jastatos in the year 5101

[Screech Owl Table]
Placed closest to the stage, it is sometimes difficult to hear your own conversation without raising your voice. Many a guest has left this particular table after enjoying the show, unable to determine why their throat is sore.
Obvious exits: out.

Noonee removes a scratched brass strongbox from in her spidersilk cloak.

Noonee offers you a scratched brass strongbox. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
You accept Noonee's offer and are now holding a scratched brass strongbox.

You carefully begin to examine the strongbox for traps...
You discover no traps.

You carefully begin to examine the strongbox for traps...
You discover no traps.

You carefully begin to examine the strongbox for traps...
You discover no traps.

The scratched brass strongbox shakes momentarily.

You sigh.

You blink.

look strong
You see nothing unusual.

You say, "Uh, sis, did ye see that."

Noonee nods to you.

Noonee bites her lip.

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

You hold your brass strongbox up to your ear and listen carefully. Sounds just like a strongbox.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

exam strong
You see nothing unusual.

You say, "Doesn't look... odd..."

Noonee squints.

Noonee asks, "What would make a strongbox look odd?"

You say, "Don't know."

You say, "But never seen one shake like that before either."

You squint at a scratched brass strongbox.

Noonee says, "I never have either."

(Noonee glances warily at the strongbox.)

You say, "I don't know about opening this..."

You tilt your brass strongbox side to side, making the light play off it.

Noonee says, "Maybe should find a willing picker."

(Noonee glances at the strongbox)

Noonee says, "...or not."

You ask, "Was from farmhands, right?"

Noonee nods to you.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.
You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You hold your brass strongbox up to your ear and listen carefully. Sounds just like a strongbox.

You ask, "Ye want to see if ye hear anything?"

You cock your head at Noonee.

Noonee says, "Uh..."

Noonee gulps.

Noonee says, "Sure."

You offer your brass strongbox to Noonee, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

(Noonee wipes her hands nervously on her skirt.)

Noonee has accepted your offer and is now holding a scratched brass strongbox.

Noonee holds a scratched brass strongbox up to her ear.

Noonee says, "Don't hear a thing in there."

Noonee offers you a scratched brass strongbox. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Noonee slowly empties her lungs.

You accept Noonee's offer and are now holding a scratched brass strongbox.

You ask, "Maybe I should phase it?"

You say, "If I still have a phase scroll..."

open my tube
Ok, it opened.

In the imflass scroll tube you see an ancient scroll, a faded scroll, an aged scroll, a tattered scroll, a burnt scroll, an old scroll, a dark scroll, a light scroll and a delicate soft violet feather quill.

It takes you a moment to focus on the dark scroll.
On the dark scroll you see
(704) Phase
(704) Phase
(404) Disarming Enhancement

You remove a dark scroll from in your imflass scroll tube.

You say, "Have it"

You ask, "Should I try it?"

You cock your head at Noonee.

Noonee says, "Uh... sure."

Noonee gulps.

You put a scratched brass strongbox in your spidersilk greatcloak.

You raise the dark scroll and gesture to invoke the Phase spell.
[ROLL: 59 + MOD: -30 + SK: 172 - SP_LEV: 4 = 197]
Sparks begin to fly between the dark scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.

You remove a scratched brass strongbox from in your spidersilk greatcloak.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
You strain to force the strongbox to phase out of existence for a moment, but are unable to complete the change for some reason.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You say, "No luck."

A small *thud* resounds from inside the brass strongbox.

You gasp.

You ask, "Should I try again?"

You blink.

Noonee says, "Uh..."

You see Alyxandrah approach the table.

Noonee says, "I don't know."

You wave at Alyxandrah and invite her to come sit with you.

Alyxandrah arrives at your table.

You put a dark scroll in your imflass scroll tube.

You say, "Uh, Alyx, this box is kind of uh... noisy."

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

Alyxandrah raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Alyxandrah asks, "Noisy?"

Noonee nods to Alyxandrah.

Noonee says, "It was shaking and thudding."

Alyxandrah blinks at you.

(Noonee nods nerviously.)

You say, "I tried phase, but..."

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "No luck."

You say, "Maybe shouldn't try but..."

You ask, "Can I steal unlock from ye?"

Alyxandrah fidgets.

Alyxandrah nods to you.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Noonee says, "She crazy."

Noonee ducks her head.

You concentrate on the Living Spell spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
CS: +327 - TD: +121 + CvA: +14 + d100: +14 - -5 == +239
Warding failed!
[d100 = 17 + skills bonuses 99 - mod -10 - spell lvl 7 + wis bonus 25 = 144]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops her.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Unlock.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
The strongbox vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.

Alyxandrah winces.

You say, "Hmmm..."

You say, "tough one too."

Alyxandrah asks, "Do you wish to see inside it?"

You ask, "Gaze ye mean?"

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah nods to you.

You say, "Can I steal that."

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You concentrate on the Living Spell spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
CS: +327 - TD: +121 + CvA: +14 + d100: +43 - -5 == +268
Warding failed!
[d100 = 94 + skills bonuses 99 - mod -10 - spell lvl 16 + wis bonus 25 = 212]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops her.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Piercing Gaze.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
You gaze at the strongbox and see...
A scratched brass strongbox which contains:
A blue sapphire (in)
Some silver coins (in)

Alyxandrah peers quizzically at you.

You say, "All I see is a blue sappire and some silver coins."

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

The brass strongbox shakes again, falling out of Iscikella's hand.

Alyxandrah gasps.

You exclaim, "Yipes!"

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

Noonee glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

Noonee says, "Uh...."

(Alyxandrah carefully makes her way behind Noonee.)

You say, "allright, I'll probably regret this, but..."

You ask, "Can I steal unlock again?"

You glance at Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah nods to you.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You concentrate on the Living Spell spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
CS: +327 - TD: +121 + CvA: +14 + d100: +2 - -5 == +227
Warding failed!
[d100 = 69 + skills bonuses 99 - mod -10 - spell lvl 7 + wis bonus 25 = 196]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops her.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Unlock.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
The strongbox vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.

You say, "Hmmm..."

(Alyxandrah peers over Noonee's shoulder at the strongbox.)

You remove a dark scroll from in your imflass scroll tube.
You raise the dark scroll and gesture to invoke the Phase spell.
[ROLL: 17 + MOD: -30 + SK: 172 - SP_LEV: 4 = 155]
Sparks begin to fly between the dark scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
You strain to force the strongbox to phase out of existence for a moment, but are unable to complete the change for some reason.

You say, "I can't manage it."

Alyxandrah asks, "Phasing it?"

You say, "But something is wrong..."

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah shudders.

You raise the dark scroll and gesture to invoke the Phase spell.
[ROLL: 71 + MOD: -30 + SK: 172 - SP_LEV: 4 = 209]
Sparks begin to fly between the dark scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
You strain to force the strongbox to phase out of existence for a moment, but are unable to complete the change for some reason.

You say, "Can't do it."

You put a dark scroll in your imflass scroll tube.

You tap a scratched brass strongbox.

You ask, "What do we do?"

Noonee exclaims, "Don't look at me!"

Alyxandrah bites her lip.

Noonee ducks her head.

You ask, "Think I should pick it back up?"

(Iscikella glances warily at the strongbox.)

Alyxandrah gazes with interest at a scratched brass strongbox.

Noonee says, "Yer knell."

Noonee ducks her head.

You glance at Noonee.

Alyxandrah giggles.

Alyxandrah just tickled Noonee.

You say, "Ye are so reassuring, sis."

Noonee chuckles.

Noonee says, "I try."

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

You reach out and touch a scratched brass strongbox.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

You see Kadesha approach the table.
High Lady Kadesha arrives at your table.

Alyxandrah asks, "Do you wish to try unlocking it again?"

You say, "There has to be a reason it animated."

Kadesha grins.

You nod to Alyxandrah.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You exclaim, "Kadesha!"

You see Aranrhod approach the table.
Aranrhod arrives at your table.

You say, "Watch the box."

You concentrate on the Living Spell spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
CS: +327 - TD: +121 + CvA: +14 + d100: +76 - -5 == +301
Warding failed!
[d100 = 63 + skills bonuses 99 - mod -10 - spell lvl 7 + wis bonus 25 = 190]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops her.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Unlock.

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
The strongbox vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.

Aranrhod asks, "Where did you git it?"

Aranrhod says, "I can open it"

You say, "Farmhands."

Aranrhod pulls out a chair and plops herself down at the table.

You say, "But..."

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Kadesha glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "It's alive."

Aranrhod blinks.

You say, "Something in it."

Kadesha asks, "ya weigh it?"

Aranrhod asks, "Alive?"

You say, "Though Alyx let me gaze into it."

The scrathced brass strongbox scoots along the ground, nearing Aranrhod.

Aranrhod blinks.

Alyxandrah blinks.

You exclaim, "AcK!"

Kadesha snickers.

You say, "See."

A wave of power flows out of Kadesha and toward a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "Something in there."

Aranrhod picks up a scratched brass strongbox.

Alyxandrah blinks at Aranrhod.

Aranrhod says, "Well"

Alyxandrah shakes her head.

Aranrhod asks, "What do you think?"

Kadesha says, "it seek a rogue"

Aranrhod begins to meticulously examine a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "All I saw were coins and a blue sapphire."

Kadesha grins.

Aranrhod says, "Can at least look for traps"

You say, "I did that."

The brass strongbox shakes again, falling out of Aranrhod's hand.

You say, "Weren't any."

Alyxandrah blinks.

You blink.

Aranrhod blinks.

Aranrhod just opened a tightly woven spidersilk sack.
Aranrhod removes a mithril skeleton key from in her spidersilk sack.

You say, "Doesn't want to be held."

Aranrhod raises her skeleton key skyward!
A scintillating light surrounds Aranrhod's hands.

Kadesha glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

You see Keoliene approach the table.
Keoliene arrives at your table.

Aranrhod put a mithril skeleton key in her spidersilk sack.
Aranrhod just closed a tightly woven spidersilk sack.

Keoliene says, "hmmmph"

Kadesha just hugged Keoliene.
Kadesha just hugged Keoliene.

Aranrhod asks, "Open it or not?"

Aranrhod removes an invar lockpick from in her leather bodice.

Keoliene says, "So this is where everyone is"

Alyxandrah pokes her finger at a scratched brass strongbox.

You nod.

Aranrhod stares at a scratched brass strongbox.

Aranrhod settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "I guess am too curious, but..."

Aranrhod says, "Hmm"

You tap a scratched brass strongbox.

Keoliene leans on Kadesha.

Aranrhod says, "Alyx"

Kadesha chuckles.

Alyxandrah asks, "Aye?"

Aranrhod asks, "Can you pop?"

Alyxandrah says, "I can, aye..."

You say, "I tried that."

You shake your head.

You say, "Stealing from her."

You say, "Let me steal again, Alyx."

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You concentrate on the Living Spell spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
CS: +327 - TD: +121 + CvA: +14 + d100: +6 - -5 == +231
Warding failed!
[d100 = 45 + skills bonuses 99 - mod -10 - spell lvl 7 + wis bonus 25 = 172]
As you concentrate and begin chanting, a luminescent aura lashes out to encircle Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah gasps in agony as the aura completely envelops her.
The aura grows brighter then disappears in a brilliant flash. You seem to glow with power and the knowledge of Unlock.

The scintillating light fades from Aranrhod's hands.

Keoliene says, "Ello Kadesha, Alyxandrah, Aranrhod and the people I dont know"

You gesture at a scratched brass strongbox.
The strongbox vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.

Keoliene giggles.

Kadesha asks, "call lightning?"

Kadesha chuckles.

Kadesha grins.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Alyxandrah gestures.
A scintillating light surrounds Alyxandrah's hands.

You say, "Not in here... but I can."

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You nod to Kadesha.

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Alyxandrah gestures at a scratched brass strongbox.
A scratched brass strongbox vibrates slightly.
The scintillating light fades from Alyxandrah's hands.

Aranrhod waves to Keoliene.

Aranrhod says, "Sorry"

Alyxandrah curtsies to Keoliene.

Aranrhod says, "Strange box"

Kadesha smiles at Keoliene.

The scratched brass strongbox vibrates regardless.

You ask, "Should I take it out and lightning it?"

Aranrhod blinks.

You blink.

Keoliene just tickled Kadesha.

Kadesha chuckles.

Aranrhod says, "Umm"

Alyxandrah glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

Kadesha lunges forth and ambushes an unsuspecting brass strongbox mercilessly but to little effect.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Kadesha.

Aranrhod settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a scratched brass strongbox.

Aranrhod says, "I cannot pick it"

Kadesha waggles her fingers at a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "I'm going to lightning."

Aranrhod put an invar lockpick in her leather bodice.

You pick up a scratched brass strongbox.

You reach out and hold Noonee's hand.

The brass strongbox shakes violently.

Aranrhod scoots her chair back and stands up.

You reach out and hold Alyxandrah's hand.

Alyxandrah blinks.

You say, "It could be dangerous."

You ask, "Did ye want to come, Keoliene?"

[Tavern Burrow, Pilsner Avenue]
Pilsner Avenue ends at the West Road, although you can see that another road continues beyond this intersection. A tall, narrow, wooden framed building, apparently hastily constructed some years past, houses the Nightowl Pub. You also see a Silvermule courier.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west.
Keoliene, Aranrhod, Kadesha, Alyxandrah and Noonee followed.

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Kadesha says, "bah it not here"

Alyxandrah rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Wait."

Kadesha says, "go back"

Aranrhod glances at you.

[The Nightowl Pub, Lounge]
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see a West Gate guard and a steep staircase.
Obvious exits: none.
Keoliene, Aranrhod, Kadesha, Alyxandrah and Noonee followed.

You and your group head over to the Screech Owl Table.

[Screech Owl Table]
Placed closest to the stage, it is sometimes difficult to hear your own conversation without raising your voice. Many a guest has left this particular table after enjoying the show, unable to determine why their throat is sore. You also see a scratched brass strongbox.
Obvious exits: out.

Aranrhod says, "Up to you"

Alyxandrah glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

Keoliene says, "I have nothing better to do"

You pick up a scratched brass strongbox.

Keoliene giggles.

The brass strongbox shakes violently.

Keoliene blinks.

Alyxandrah says, "Hold onto it tight, m'lady."

You blink.

You say, "I can't."

Aranrhod says, "Hmm"

Kadesha just dragged a scratched brass strongbox with her as she went out.

You say, "Call someone, Aran."

Alyxandrah just went out.

Aranrhod nods.

[The Nightowl Pub, Lounge]
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see a West Gate guard and a steep staircase.
Also in the room: Alyxandrah, High Lady Kadesha
Obvious exits: none.
Keoliene, Aranrhod and Noonee followed.

Keoliene laughs!

Kadesha grins.

Aranrhod says, "Get her back"

Aranrhod says, "Wait"

You say, "Where is it."

Kadesha says, "bah"

Alyxandrah heads over to the Screech Owl Table.

Kadesha flails her arms about.

You say, "Where"

Kadesha says, "dernit"

You and your group head over to the Screech Owl Table.

[Screech Owl Table]
Placed closest to the stage, it is sometimes difficult to hear your own conversation without raising your voice. Many a guest has left this particular table after enjoying the show, unable to determine why their throat is sore. You also see a scratched brass strongbox.
Also in the room: Alyxandrah
Obvious exits: out.

Aranrhod asks, "Where did it go?"

Alyxandrah points at a scratched brass strongbox.

You say, "here."

You say, "Call someone, Aran."

Alyxandrah says, "It doesna want to be moved."

You say, "It can't be touched that way."

Keoliene just tried to kick the strongbox!

You see Kadesha approach the table.
High Lady Kadesha arrives at your table.

Kadesha says, "ahh good"

You say, "Don't touch it, Kadesha."

Keoliene says, "Be a good strongbox and come along"

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

Aranrhod says, "Hold on"

Aranrhod says, "Trying"

You say, "NO."

You say, "Aran trying to get someone."

You say, "Don't touch it."

Keoliene sniffs at a scratched brass strongbox.

Kadesha says, "Shaykee will come"

Kadesha chuckles.

The keyhole on the brass strongbox leaks a drab smoke.

You cough.

Kadesha says, "erp"

Aranrhod glances at a scratched brass strongbox.

Aranrhod says, "Umm"

You exclaim, "It's smoking!"

Alyxandrah's jaw drops.

Aranrhod coughs.

You cough.

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures.
Kadesha begins to breathe more deeply.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

Keoliene asks, "Where in the world did you get this from?"

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at Aranrhod.
Aranrhod begins to breathe more deeply.

Noonee exclaims, "Holy Leya!"

Aranrhod says, "Alright"

You concentrate on the Purify Air spell...
You gesture.
You begin to breathe more deeply.

Noonee gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Noonee gestures.
Noonee begins to breathe more deeply.

Aranrhod says, "Will take him a second"

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures at Keoliene.
Keoliene begins to breathe more deeply.

Keoliene blinks.

You glance at a scratched brass strongbox.

Aranrhod stares at a scratched brass strongbox.

The brass strongbox shudders again, and then a faint *click* is heard as the smoke dissipates.

Alyxandrah gasps.

Keoliene blinks.

Aranrhod just opened a scratched brass strongbox.

A tangle of a black snakes slither from a scratched brass strongbox and drop to the ground!

Keoliene laughs!

Kadesha blinks.

A black snake slithers out.

A black snake tries to bite you!
AS: +108 vs DS: +46 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +71 = +167
... and hits for 33 points of damage!
Your weapon arm is mangled horribly.
You are stunned for 3 rounds!
CS: +57 - TD: +222 + CvA: +14 + d100: +81 - +10 == -80
Warded off!

Alyxandrah gasps.

Kadesha removes a veniom-banded silvery rolaren buckler engraved with the image of a golden key set upon a gate of black from in her wand harness.

Aranrhod exclaims, "Ack!"

A black snake tries to bite you!
AS: +116 vs DS: +26 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +11 = +135
... and hits for 23 points of damage!
Deep, bloody slash to your right thigh!
CS: +57 - TD: +222 + CvA: +14 + d100: +65 - +10 == -96
Warded off!

Alyxandrah gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Alyxandrah gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

Keoliene removes a ruby-hilted black rolaren longsword from in her white leather sheath.

Kadesha removes a veniom-hilted falchion from in her wand harness.

A black snake slithers out.

Noonee exclaims, "Oh my!"

Alyxandrah flails her arms about.

Aranrhod removes a mithril hilted vultite falchion from in her hooded cloak.

A black snake tries to bite Noonee!
AS: +116 vs DS: +146 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +34 = +36
A clean miss.

Kadesha swings a veniom-hilted falchion at a black snake!
AS: +417 vs DS: +24 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +48 = +478
... and hits for 208 points of damage!
A mighty hit turns the black snake's insides to outsides!
The black snake is sliced neatly in two.

Alyxandrah just went out.

You remove a deep violet vultite falchion from in your tooled-leather harness.
You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your tooled-leather harness.

Keoliene asks, "there outside?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Snakes just came out of a box!"

Aranrhod says, "Sorry"

Aranrhod says, "Darn"

Keoliene just went out.

You say, "Watch yerself."

You hear the faint thoughts of Tayre echo in your mind:
"Only your boxes Iscikella... only your boxes..."

A black snake decays into compost.

You hear the faint thoughts of Deschayn echo in your mind:
"is anyone with alyx?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Keoliene echo in your mind:
"Alyx is dead"

High Lady Kadesha just went out.

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right arm feels better.

Aranrhod asks, "Where did the other go?"

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right leg feels better.

You say, "Killed Alyx."

Aranrhod sighs.

[The Nightowl Pub, Lounge]
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see the Charwiz disk, a black snake which appears dead, a West Gate guard and a steep staircase.
Also in the room: High Lady Kadesha, Elendr, Charwiz, Keoliene, the body of Alyxandrah who is lying down
Obvious exits: none.
Aranrhod and Noonee followed.

Charwiz says, "can i kill it"

Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Aranrhod rubs Alyxandrah gently.

tap snake
I don't think that's such a good idea.

Elendr searches a black snake.
A black snake decays into compost.

High Lady Kadesha went down a steep staircase.

Aranrhod says, "I am sorry"

Charwiz says, "wow"

Aranrhod mutters under her breath.

Elendr stares at Alyxandrah.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Arimantis.

High Lady Kadesha came up a steep staircase.

Noonee gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Noonee gestures at Alyxandrah.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Noonee encompassing Alyxandrah's corpse.

Arimantis asks, "Snakes?"

Aranrhod sighs.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Aranrhod nods.

Charwiz says, "wow that was neat"

You nod.

You take a quick appraisal of Alyxandrah and find that she has deep lacerations across her back, and snapped bones and serious bleeding from the neck.
She is also quite dead.

You meditate over Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah's neck damage is transferred to you.

You meditate over Alyxandrah.
Alyxandrah's back damage is transferred to you.

Elendr glares at you.

Aranrhod kneels down.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your neck feels better.

You hear the ghostly voice of Alyxandrah say, "Neat isn't the word I'd use..."

Aranrhod rubs Alyxandrah gently.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your neck feels better.

Noonee gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Noonee gestures at Alyxandrah.
Nothing happens.

Arimantis asks, "That what killed ya Alyx?"

Keoliene says, "deadly"

Aranrhod stands up.

Noonee says, "Let's get ye up."

Altasren just arrived.

Noonee gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Noonee gestures at Alyxandrah.
Noonee suddenly looks very drained.
A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Alyxandrah in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Alyxandrah, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Alyxandrah awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

Keoliene says, "And I lost my shield before this...ugh"

Lady Ilvane came up a steep staircase.

Keoliene sighs.

Altasren blinks.

You rub Alyxandrah.

You concentrate on the Stun Relief spell...
You gesture at Alyxandrah.
The glazed look leaves Alyxandrah.

Altasren says, "Good heavens ..."

Alyxandrah stands up.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the nose.

You concentrate on the Stun Relief spell...
You gesture at Noonee.
The glazed look leaves Noonee.

Alyxandrah says, "Thank you."

You meditate over Alyxandrah.
You take some of Alyxandrah's health points.

Aranrhod says, "I am so sorry Alyx"

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Aranrhod says, "To have opened that"

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Aranrhod sighs.

Altasren smiles thinly, cocking his head

Arimantis says, "Snakes jus popped outa a box an killed Alyx"

Alyxandrah nods to Aranrhod.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Charwiz went down a steep staircase.

You concentrate on the Heal spell...
You concentrate.
You feel better.

Ilvane asks, "Snakes?"

Ilvane's face turns slightly pale.

Keoliene heads over to the Screech Owl Table.

You say, "Box was gotten in farmhands."

(Elendr continues to glare malevolently at Iscikella as he backs off, then turns and walks away.)

You say, "And I was disarming."

Elendr went through a heavy curtain.

You say, "And it started to shake."

Kadesha says, "black snakes from box, like others"

Aranrhod blinks.

You say, "And thud."

Ilvane says, "From you..hm.."

Keoliene just arrived.

You say, "And moved from my hand."

Keoliene says, "Left the strongbox hon"

Altasren asks, "Snakes?"

Altasren blinks.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Keoliene hefts a scratched brass strongbox into the air, displaying her find for all to see.

Ilvane says, "Snakes seem to like you.."

Kadesha smiles at Keoliene.

Alyxandrah says, "Aye, tis gone."

Arimantis leans on Ilvane.

Altasren says, "One wonders if there are snakes in more than one chest, this eve."

Kadesha points at Keoliene.

You say, "And then smoke came out."

Ilvane says, "I kind of hope not."

Ilvane grins.

You say, "Of the keyhole."

Kadesha says, "keoliene got the box"

Keoliene asks, "whom shall I give it to?"

Kadesha smiles at Keoliene.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

You say, "And then it popped open."

Arimantis says, "I for one... don wanna find out"

Kadesha says, "was iscikellas"

You say, "and snakes burst out."

Altasren turns his lapis worry stones over and over in his palm, a look of contentment washing across his face.

Aranrhod points at you.

Alyxandrah looks over at you and shakes her head.

Alyxandrah says, "It didna pop open."

Keoliene offers you a scratched brass strongbox. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Alyxandrah says, "It was opened."

Keoliene says, "Oh its open"

You accept Keoliene's offer and are now holding a scratched brass strongbox.

In the brass strongbox you see a blue sapphire and some silver coins.

Kadesha says, "it open by itself"

You say, "Now just the coins and sapphire."

Arimantis asks, "You alright now Alyx?"

You nod to Kadesha.

Alyxandrah nods to Arimantis.

Aranrhod says, "That was so odd"

Linora came up a steep staircase.

Keoliene asks, "was there more in it?"

You say, "Wanted opened, no question."

You say, "No."

Keoliene smiles.

You say, "Just that."

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Keoliene asks, "Was it worth it?"

Keoliene giggles.

Aranrhod says, "It opened itself"

You say, "All I saw with gaze, when Alyx let me steal it."

Altasren just hugged Linora.

You nod to Aranrhod.

You hear the faint thoughts of Kadesha echo in your mind:
"Alyx alive"

You say, "It did."

(Linora casts a somewhat irritated look in Ilvane's direction.)

You say, "It opened itself."

Linora smiles at Altasren.

Altasren asks, "Good morning, Linora. How goes it?"

Aranrhod says, "Then I opened it"

Ilvane blinks at Linora.

Aranrhod flails her arms about.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"The box opened itself. Was moving all over the place."

Keoliene just hugged Aranrhod.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane asks, "Excuse me?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Be careful!"

Ilvane glances at Linora.

Linora asks, "Why, hello, Ilvane.. spread any rumors about me lately while I've been out of town?"

Arimantis scratches his head.

Linora smiles very, very politely at Ilvane.

Ilvane rolls her eyes.

Kadesha blinks.

Ilvane says, "I just told what I saw."

Ilvane nods to Linora.

look strong
You see nothing unusual.

Alyxandrah places her hand on her crimson crab pendant.

Aranrhod offers Alyxandrah a green sapphire.
Alyxandrah declines Aranrhod's offer.

You say, "Doesn't look odd at all."

Aranrhod sighs.

Alyxandrah says, "It isn't your fault."

Aranrhod says, "I should have asked first"

Altasren smiles gently, steepling his fingers

You ask, "Alyx, it bite ye to kill ye?"

Linora says, "Odd, I can't remember ever seeing you for more than a moment now and then."

You cock your head at Alyxandrah.

Khirdahn came up a steep staircase.

You say, "I mean stunned me."

You say, "I wasn't expecting anything."

Alyxandrah says, "Aye..."

You say, "No spells."

Khirdahn says, "Wow this is quite a party"

Khirdahn chuckles.

Alyxandrah says, "It removed my neck..."

Alyxandrah furrows her brow.

Something rustles near the stage, then silence.

Noonee says, "And I have another strongbox from farmhands too."

Noonee gasps.

Arimantis asks, "It aim right fer you when it popped out?"

Alyxandrah's face turns slightly pale.

Noonee asks, "Ye hear that?"

Alyxandrah asks, "Did we miss one?"

Khirdahn says, "I heard it"

Keoliene asks, "Iscikelle hon where was that box from?"

You nod to Noonee.

You say, "Near the stage."

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Khirdahn nods to Noonee.

Arimantis says, "Somethin near the step.."

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Aranrhod went through a heavy curtain.

You say, "Farmhands, Keoliene."

Keoliene blinks.

Arimantis mutters something about spies.

Aranrhod came through a heavy curtain.

Khirdahn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Khirdahn gestures.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Khirdahn's hand!

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Keoliene asks, "They keep there pets in boxes now?"

[Nightowl Pub, Dressing Room]
Large closets line the walls beside the heavy curtain leading out to the main room. Costumes and plumage spill from the open closets in a colorful disarray. Cluttered pine tables hold a full-length mirror against the wall, and several chorus girls chatter as they vie for a chance to check their reflection before returning to the stage. A soft breeze from the open window ruffles a feather boa draped casually over the sill.
Obvious exits: none.
Noonee, Keoliene, Kadesha, Alyxandrah and Aranrhod followed.

You say, "Nothing in here."

Aranrhod says, "Nothing"

search
You don't find anything of interest here.

Alyxandrah shudders.

[The Nightowl Pub, Lounge]
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see the Altasren disk, a West Gate guard and a steep staircase.
Also in the room: Khirdahn, Linora, Lady Ilvane, Altasren, Arimantis
Obvious exits: none.
Noonee, Keoliene, Kadesha, Alyxandrah and Aranrhod followed.

Ilvane says, "Hi Khirdahn."

Arimantis searches around for a moment.

Khirdahn asks, "How are you tonight Ma'am?"

You say, "Whatever is going on, I don't like it."

Arimantis nods to you.

Your whole body trembles with fear.

Ilvane says, "I'm doing alright, a bit tired."

Ilvane smiles.

Alyxandrah rubs you gently.

Aranrhod sighs.

Arimantis says, "Somethin is wanderin round the shadows.."

Arimantis mutters under his breath.

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Ilvane flails her arms about.

Aranrhod rubs Alyxandrah gently.

Arimantis says, "Bet it came ta see the snakes"

Search
You don't find anything of interest here.

Aranrhod says, "I am sorry"

Alyxandrah smiles at Aranrhod.

You say, "Well, Aran, not yer fault."

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the nose.

You say, "I wanted it open."

Aranrhod says, "But I opened the top"

You say, "Asked Alyx if I could steal unlock from her."

Khirdahn asks, "What happened?"

Aranrhod says, "I have this thing about boxes"

Alyxandrah says, "The snakes would have pushed through if you hadn't."

Aranrhod coughs.

You say, "Snakes in a box."

Arimantis glances at Aranrhod.

Arimantis stares off into space.

You say, "Odd box."

Khirdahn nods to you.

You say, "Was moving all over by itself."

You say, "Across the floor."

Khirdahn's face turns slightly pale.

Aranrhod nods.

You say, "and shook right out of my hand."

Aranrhod says, "Towards me"

Aranrhod says, "Once"

Khirdahn says, "That seems to be to be a dead ringer not to open it"

You say, "and then out of Aran's."

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Khirdahn.

Aranrhod says, "I could not open it"

Kadesha exclaims, "thats no fun!"

Khirdahn asks, "No fun?"

Alyxandrah says, "We couldn't open it. It unlocked itself..."

Kadesha says, "anyways it opened itself"

Aranrhod says, "So it decided to open itself"

Khirdahn gasps.

Linora looks over at Altasren and shakes her head.

You say, "It opened itself."

You nod to Khirdahn.

Khirdahn says, "That not good at all"

Alyxandrah says, "Smoke came through the keyhole and it unlocked itself."

You say, "We couldn't open it."

Ilvane rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Black smoke came out the lock."

Khirdahn nods to you.

Arimantis scratches his head.

You say, "and it opened itself."

You shiver.

Noonee says, "that it did."

Noonee nods.

Khirdahn asks, "What did the snakes look like?"

Alyxandrah says, "Black."

You say, "Black snakes."

In the white leather satchel you see a twisted black toy serpent, a bag of mixed dried fruit, some delicate ivory prayer beads, a small rod, some buttered baked acorn squash, a flacon of lavender perfume, a pear, a flaky rainbow tart, a delicate onyx black lace chemise, a heavy rod and a glass of deep red burgundy wine.

Linora just hugged Kadesha.

Kadesha says, "dead"

Keoliene says, "with a mean bite"

Kadesha stares off into space.

Keoliene nods.

Khirdahn winces.

Alyxandrah begins chuckling at Keoliene.

Khirdahn says, "I hate snakes"

Aranrhod says, "Not too thrilled with them myself"

Kadesha says, "always happy to splat a snake"

Khirdahn nods to Aranrhod.

Kadesha grins.

Arimantis says, "Well... hopefully that wasn't a stray one that was over by the step"

Ilvane grins at Kadesha.

Khirdahn says, "I'd be happier not getting near them"

Keoliene asks, "there were three yes?"

Alyxandrah says, "I hope not..."

Alyxandrah nods to Arimantis.

You say, "Something was in here."

Arimantis glances at a stage.

You say, "Aye, there were three."

Keoliene says, "then they are all dead"

Arimantis glances at a steep staircase.

look under stage
There is nothing under there.

Alyxandrah says, "Two were out here, I killed one and the other killed me."

Keoliene says, "I counted"

You say, "We heard one there."

You point at a stage.

Keoliene blinks.

look behind stage
There is nothing behind there.

Keoliene says, "another then"

Aranrhod says, "Or something"

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Keoliene says, "We killed one at the table, and two out here"

Aranrhod asks, "Where could it be?"

You tap a stage.

Arimantis says, "Somethin was sneakin round by the step.."

You say, "Well, was something there."

Aranrhod nods to Arimantis.

You say, "By the stage."

Khirdahn says, "I saw it"

Khirdahn nods to Aranrhod.

Aranrhod nods to Khirdahn.

Aranrhod fidgets.

Linora nods to Kadesha.

You tap a stage.

You ask, "Anything under there?"

look under stage
There is nothing under there.

Noonee fidgets.

Keoliene just edged a little closer to the stage!

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Noonee says, "She has to ask."

Linora gazes heavenward.

(Khirdahn nervously fingers the handle of his waraxe, waiting for something to happen)

***ADDITIONAL NOTE***
At this point, all others in the lounge other than Iscikella heard this:

From behind Iscikella, something stirs and then moves out of the lounge.
***END NOTE***

Noonee ducks her head.

Alyxandrah gasps.

Aranrhod blinks.

Khirdahn removes a gnarled yew hafted rolaren waraxe from in his black leather back-sheaths.
Khirdahn slings a storm grey shield off from over his shoulder.

Kadesha blinks.

Aranrhod says, "Out"

Ilvane flails her arms about.

Linora blinks.

Linora says, "Ew."

Keoliene blinks.

Keoliene removes a ruby-hilted black rolaren longsword from in her white leather sheath.

Ilvane says, "Um, Iscikella."

Khirdahn says, "I don't see anything"

Aranrhod says, "No"

Aranrhod says, "But we hear it"

Aranrhod says, "Left the lounge"

Keoliene mutters under her breath.

Altasren says, "I saw *something* ... what, I cannot say."

Alyxandrah nods to Aranrhod.

Keoliene says, "this is the perfect time to not have a shield"

Linora says, "I wonder where it went."

Linora glances at a heavy curtain.

Ilvane appears somehow different.

Linora nods to Kadesha.

You put a scratched brass strongbox in your spidersilk greatcloak.

Khirdahn says, "I think its still here I jess saw it stir not leave"

Aranrhod says, "Iscikella"

Aranrhod says, "Your..."

Aranrhod says, "Umm"

You tap a stage.

Aranrhod says, "Toy"

Keoliene says, "I saw it move out of the lounge"

Aranrhod asks, "Still there?"

In the white leather satchel you see a twisted black toy serpent, a bag of mixed dried fruit, some delicate ivory prayer beads, a small rod, some buttered baked acorn squash, a flacon of lavender perfume, a pear, a flaky rainbow tart, a delicate onyx black lace chemise, a heavy rod and a glass of deep red burgundy wine.

You nod to Aranrhod.

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Omnieloh came up a steep staircase.

Aranrhod nods.

Khirdahn says, "Ok your right"

Omnieloh just hugged Kadesha.

Khirdahn says, "I guess it did leave"

Linora asks, "Anyone see what direction it went in?"

Khirdahn looks over at Linora and shakes his head.

Aranrhod shakes her head.

Souldragon just left.

Linora says, "Well, if it went down the stairs, someone would have seen it, so.."

Linora glances at a heavy curtain.

Aranrhod says, "Just left the lounge"

Linora went through a heavy curtain.
Linora came through a heavy curtain.

Linora says, "Nothing back there."

Linora shrugs.

Alyxandrah says, "Why people follow dark things is beyond me..."

Ilvane grins at Alyxandrah.

Khirdahn asks, "did you look out the window?"

Ilvane exclaims, "Oh look, something bad, lets look for it!"

Khirdahn peers quizzically at Linora.

Ilvane giggles.

Alyxandrah says, "I'm one to talk, I followed the snakes."

Alyxandrah scowls.

Linora says, "Because if I know where the dark thing is, then it won't sneak up behind me later."

Ilvane nods to Alyxandrah.

Aranrhod says, "Well"

You say, "Well, it might hurt somebody."

Altasren says, "Sensible."

You say, "So better to find it and kill it."

Alyxandrah says, "Well, I didn't want them to kill anyone."

Aranrhod says, "I would rather follow it than it follow me"

Linora nods to Altasren.

You hear the faint thoughts of Vonka echo in your mind:
"Hey der, folks!"

Khirdahn nods to Aranrhod.

Ilvane gazes heavenward.

Alyxandrah says, "It's not here...so, um..."

Khirdahn asks, "Did you way they were dead?"

Khirdahn asks, "The snakes that is?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Uh, Vonka, watch yer boxes. We just had a... rather strange one. Moving about by itself and unlocking itself."

Aranrhod asks, "So do we go take a look?"

Kadesha says, "they dead now"

Alyxandrah nods to Aranrhod.

Khirdahn asks, "But were they undead?"

You hear the faint thoughts of Vonka echo in your mind:
"Yikes, an' I gots a box in me han' right now!"

Kadesha says, "less one got off somewhere"

Aranrhod says, "Something is not dead"

Kadesha says, "no, not undead"

You say, "But we saw something move after were dead."

You look at Kadesha and shake your head.

Kadesha says, "dead cuz they was kilt"

You say, "So what moved."

Alyxandrah furrows her brow.

Keoliene asks, "somthing else came out while the snakes distracted us?"

Alyxandrah says, "I wonder what we released when we opened the box..."

Aranrhod says, "Maybe"

Alyxandrah says, "Other than the snakes..."

You say, "And there was that black smoke."

Alyxandrah says, "I mean the smoke...someone or something must've done that."

Alyxandrah nods to you.

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Black smoke came out the lock, Vonka, and it unlocked itself."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"And then snakes came out."

Khirdahn asks, "Alyx did the snakes have veniom?"

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Killed Alyx. But we didn't open it. It unlocked itself."

Khirdahn peers quizzically at Alyxandrah.

You nod to Khirdahn.

You say, "They did."

You hear the faint thoughts of Vonka echo in your mind:
"Yikes! Firs we gits snaky peoples, den we gits snaky boxes!"

Khirdahn asks, "Any idea what kind?"

Alyxandrah nods to Khirdahn.

Khirdahn nods to you.

Alyxandrah shrugs.

Aranrhod says, "I have seen those kind of snakes before"

You nod to Aranrhod.

You say, "In the keep."

Khirdahn says, "I am temped to say that is what caused the smoke disintegrating the lock"

Aranrhod nods.

You say, "The night Blizz was possessed."

Aranrhod nods.

Alyxandrah rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Khirdahn leans on his waraxe.

Alyxandrah asks, "Why are we still here?"

Alyxandrah blushes a glowing shade of red.

You rub your chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane grins at Alyxandrah.

You ask, "Maybe because we nosey?"

You chuckle.

Khirdahn exclaims, "Nothing can hurt a man in duck slippers!"

Ilvane asks, "Waiting for it to come bite someone?"

Ilvane hums distractedly to herself.

You ask, "Should we go to a table?"

Khirdahn removes some duck-shaped slippers from in his green ranger's cloak.
Khirdahn puts some duck-shaped slippers onto his feet.

Alyxandrah says, "I just thought that...if it left...perhaps..."

Alyxandrah shrugs.

Aranrhod says, "Whatever it was left the lounge"

Alyxandrah says, "We should follow the dark as we are wont to do."

Keoliene says, "I think we should follow"

You ask, "We don't know where it wandered?"

Arimantis stares off into space.

You hear something shuffling around, but can't tell what it is.

Alyxandrah blinks.

Aranrhod blinks.

You blink.

Khirdahn exclaims, "Oh yeah?!"

Aranrhod says, "Or not"

Alyxandrah says, "Well.."

Arimantis searches around for a moment.

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Keoliene blinks.

Khirdahn gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Khirdahn gestures.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Khirdahn's hand!

Keoliene searches around for a moment.

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures.
Nothing happens.

You say, "Doesn't seem like left."

Arimantis says, "Think we know now.."

Kadesha gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Kadesha gestures.
Elendr is discovered by Kadesha!

Noonee says, "Sure doesn't."

Elendr blinks.

Kadesha says, "eep"

Elendr folds his arms over his chest.

Kadesha chuckles.

Alyxandrah raises an eyebrow in Elendr's direction.

Arimantis moves to stand in front of Ilvane.

You ask, "Were ye shuffling?"

Elendr hugs his knees and sways side to side.

Alyxandrah asks, "Is that you shuffling about, love?"

Arimantis nods to you.

You cock your head at Elendr.

Kadesha exclaims, "wasnt spectin you!"

Alyxandrah pulls Elendr to his feet.

Kadesha starts chortling.

Elendr blinks.

(Elendr falters a moment, off balance.)

Ilvane snuggles up to Arimantis.

Aranrhod says, "I do not think it was him"

Elendr says, "I was just sitting here, playing with the laces on my boots."

Elendr furrows his brow.

You say, "Hmmm..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Vonka echo in your mind:
"Snakes!"

Alyxandrah blinks.

Alyxandrah says, "Vonka..."

You exclaim, "Vonka!"

You hear the faint thoughts of Siegfreidd echo in your mind:
"I eat snakes..."

You hear the faint thoughts of Angelrise echo in your mind:
"Really Vonka? Where?"

You concentrate on the Locate Person spell...
You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Vonka's surroundings fills your mind...
...[Tavern Burrow, Ale Street]
...Stucco seems the preferred building material of the Tavern Burrow residents. The street has been newly cobbled, and the rough edges cause several people to nearly trip as they hurry along. A stucco well attracts a group of children, who drop stones into it, then hoot with glee at the muffled splash. You also see a black snake and the Marsole disk.
...Also here: Novice Darvick who is seated, Vonka, Apprentice Austal, Lord Shiffti, Marsole
...Obvious paths: north, south, northwest.

You say, "Well."

Arimantis says, "Don worry sweetie.. I won let the snakes get you"

Khirdahn asks, "What about Ms. Vonka?"

[Tavern Burrow, Ale Street]
Stucco seems the preferred building material of the Tavern Burrow residents. The street has been newly cobbled, and the rough edges cause several people to nearly trip as they hurry along. A stucco well attracts a group of children, who drop stones into it, then hoot with glee at the muffled splash. You also see a black snake which appears dead and the Marsole disk. Also here: Elendr, Dainslef who is seated, Novice Darvick who is seated, Vonka, Apprentice Austal, Lord Shiffti, Marsole
Obvious paths: north, south, northwest.
Khirdahn, Noonee, Keoliene, Kadesha, Alyxandrah and Aranrhod followed.

Darvick says, "i've never seen that before"

Shiffti says, "That was odd"

Alyxandrah blinks at Vonka.

Keoliene says, "This is not good... no shield not good"

Austal says, "dammn snakes"

Keoliene whines.

Shiffti searches a black snake.
A black snake decays into compost.

You ask, "What happened?"

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Khirdahn says, "Nother snake apparently"

Marsole exclaims, "snakes!!"

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Dainslef asks, "snake?"

Vonka exclaims, "Snake comes outer 'is box!"

Marsole nods to you.

Aranrhod searches around for a moment.

Vonka points at Darvick.

Shiffti says, "Couple of snakes came outta a box"

Darvick ducks his head.

Vonka glances at a weathered modwir trunk.

Morria leans against a stucco well.

Dainslef says, "I hate snakes"

Dainslef screams!

Morria blinks.

You ask, "Whose box?"

Vonka gulps.

Marsole nods.

Morria asks, "snakes??"

You blink.

Darvick says, "mine"

Vonka nods.

Aranrhod rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Alyxandrah leans against a stucco well.

Aranrhod nods to Morria.

Morria says, "eep"

Vonka exclaims, "Aye, snakes!"

Arimantis's group just arrived.

Marsole nods to Darvick.

You ask, "Where did ye get the box?"

Aranrhod says, "Out of boxes"

You cock your head at Darvick.

Arimantis scratches his head.

Morria says, "gods"

Darvick says, "thyrils"

Arimantis asks, "More of em?"

Morria shivers.

Keoliene blinks.

Marsole rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You hear the faint thoughts of Vonka echo in your mind:
"Dey was at de well."

You say, "Hmmm... one we had was from farmhands."

Aranrhod says, "Wonderful"

Aranrhod sighs.

Vonka wrinkles her nose.

Khirdahn asks, "Where did Alyx's box come from?"

Keoliene searches around for a moment.

Noonee says, "And I got another from there too."

Noonee says, "Was my box."

You hear the faint thoughts of Alyxandrah echo in your mind:
"Hmmm...people with boxes...please be careful."

Noonee says, "From farmhands."

(Vonka shakes her trunk, then puts it up to her ear, listening.)

Khirdahn nods to Noonee.

Keoliene says, "someone is here"

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Khirdahn's hand!
Elendr is revealed from hiding!

Angelrise squints.

Keoliene giggles.

Khirdahn says, "Hiya Angel"

Arimantis says, "Still one shufflin round the pup I thinks too"

Elendr crouches, sweeps a leg at Khirdahn and connects!
MS: +174 - MD: +60 + MAvA: -4 + d100: +70 == +180
Success!
Khirdahn falls to the ground! Elendr deftly regains his footing.

Vonka blinks at Elendr.

Elendr says, "bloody quit it."

Marsole chuckles.

Elendr mumbles something that you don't quite catch.

Angelrise nods to Khirdahn in greeting.

Khirdahn grunts. How charming.

You hear the voice of Elendr say, "They arent in hiding. I am."

Angelrise says, "hey there ranger."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Lot of boxed up snakes."

Angelrise coughs.

Siegfreidd asks, "Who vants ze privilege of picking mien boxes?"

Khirdahn sits up.

Vonka says, "I dun' hear nuttin' in dis one."

Morria says, "heh"

(Khirdahn rubs his head)

Khirdahn stands up.

You say, "We didn't in the other either."

You hear someone mutter something under his breath.

You nod to Vonka.

Aranrhod says, "Vonka"

Vonka tilts her modwir trunk side to side, making the light play off it.

Arimantis asks, "Hmm.. you don have any boxes in yer cloak.. do you sweetie?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at Ilvane.

Aranrhod says, "Be careful"

Angelrise asks, "Was one of them named Jimmy?"

Kadesha leans on Vonka.

Angelrise shifts her weight.

Vonka gulps.

Ilvane grins.

Alyxandrah gives Angelrise a good pinch!

Vonka trembles.

Noonee removes a rotting fel strongbox from in her spidersilk cloak.

Ilvane shakes her head.

Angelrise flails her arms about.

Ilvane says, "Nope."

Vonka removes a steel lockpick from in her spidersilk cloak.

Noonee holds a rotting fel strongbox up to her ear.

Aranrhod asks, "Would you like me to open it?"

Noonee rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Vonka winces.

Angelrise asks, "Remember my pet cobra Jimmy, ALyx?"

Angelrise leans on Alyxandrah.

Aranrhod peers quizzically at Vonka.

Alyxandrah smirks.

Vonka shakes her head.

Angelrise says, "Maybe he's back from the dead like my cat.."

You hear the faint thoughts of Kyvann echo in your mind:
"Can someone pick my boxed up snakes please?"

(Noonee shakes her box.)

Morria shivers.

Vonka says, "Dat ain' perfessional."

(Aranrhod nods slowly)

Alyxandrah says, "I don't want to see anymore snakes..."

Vonka settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a weathered modwir trunk.
Then...CLICK! It opens!

Aranrhod shifts her weight.

Vonka put a steel lockpick in her lockpick case.

Kadesha says, "I jes wanna skin more snakes"

Vonka offers Darvick a weathered modwir trunk.

Kadesha begins to twitch.

Arimantis says, "Don want anythin sneakin out an supprisin you.."

Angelrise asks, "What's so bad about snakes?"

Darvick accepts Vonka's modwir trunk.

Angelrise squints.

You concentrate on the Head Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your neck feels better.

Arimantis just kissed Ilvane on the nose.

Alyxandrah says, "I think I've had a year's worth of snakes."

Vonka says, "Der yer go."

You concentrate on the Limb Repair spell...
You concentrate.
Your right arm feels better.

Siegfreidd offers Aranrhod a plain gold coffer.

Angelrise snickers.

You say, "They killed Alyx."

(Vonka backs away from Darvick.)

You glance at Angelrise.



Button Link to Living Boxes (Contd) Log