Desperate Measures
Restday, day 8 of the month Olaesta in the year 5101

***TECHNICAL NOTE***
In this log the words/actions of the "entity" are recognizable as they read "Iscikella" rather than "you" and the acts are not in parantheses. During the time the "entity" was in control of Iscikella, I -- the player -- had no input into those words/actions.
***END NOTE***

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall.
Also in the room: Junis
Obvious exits: southwest, up

You say, "So all is peaceful again... for the moment."

You chuckle.

Junis smiles.

Junis says, "Unfortunately... I doubt Icemule will be at peace for long"

You bite your lip.

You say, "Likely not."

You sigh heavily.

You say, "I was hoping to search for the library again tonight."

You say, "didn't think the trial would run so long."

You say, "The book still needs to be found..."

Junis nods.

You say, "And I have not heard tell of Trentas or Rills being seen about."

You sigh.

Junis blushes a glowing shade of red.

You cock your head at Junis.

You ask, "something wrong?"

Portions of the black altar begin to sweat and bead.

Junis asks, "Not to uhh tell one what to do with ones faith, but have you tried praying to Lumnis for the location of the book?"

You say, "Well, have prayed for guidance. But I do not ask specific questions like that of Lumnis as a rule."

You say, "She will not answer things directly in that fashion."

You say, "though might send a riddle."

Junis nods.

You say, "Has done that before."

Junis places his hand on his Lorminstra symbol.

Junis smiles.

You say, "I don't like though that the entity gives me no warning of his coming any longer."

You say, "No headaches."

You say, "Others see strangeness with my eyes."

You say, "But I have no clue of that when it happens."

You sigh.

Junis blushes a glowing shade of red.

Junis asks, "I appologize My lady, my mind wandered, You said that you are worried that you have no warning?"

You nod to Junis.

You say, "No more headaches."

You say, "Others say my eyes look weird, but I have no clue in that regard."

Junis says, "Dear me"

Junis sighs.

Junis says, "I better sit down afore I hurt myself"

Wisps of smoke trail up from the black altar in serpentine fashion.

You blink.

Junis glares.

You ask, "Ye see that?"

(Iscikella points at the smoke.)

Junis exclaims, "You can not have her!"

Junis nods to you.

Junis stands up.

Lord Tierus just arrived.

Junis removes a white ceremonial candle from in his spidersilk backpack.

Tierus bows.

Junis kneels down and begins to recite prayers.

You say, "Who is here."

(Iscikella looks nervous)

Tierus asks, "Whae is whair?"

You reach out and touch a grey altar.

(Junis murmers a few prayers to Lorminstra while passing his hands over the ceremonial candle)

Tierus asks, "'ow goes tha evenin'?"

You say, "There is smoke... about the altar... or was."

Tierus nods.

Tierus says, "Nae o' my make, ah'll swear't."

The ceremonial candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

(Iscikella points at the black altar.)

You stare at a black altar.

You place a hand over your heart.

A white ceremonial candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

You rub a crystal amulet.
You feel your mind open up to the world around you.

You whisper quietly to Junis, "Hearing something at Voln too."

Junis squints.

Tierus frowns.

Junis whispers, "Voln courtyard?"

You whisper quietly to Junis, " Here, ice garden I believe."

The ceremonial candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the room.

You say, "I didn't like that smoke."

Junis asks, "The smoke from my candle or from the altar? Or both?"

You say, "The altar."

Junis nods.

You say, "The candle is... reassuring."

Junis says, "Was certainly disturbing"

You gaze into the flickering flame for a moment, lost in thought.

A faint, flickering light emanates from a white ceremonial candle, warming the room with its glow.

You say, "I have to know..."

Junis snuffs out a white ceremonial candle.

Junis picks up a white ceremonial candle.

Junis stands up.

Tierus asks, "'aftae know wha'?"

Junis put a white ceremonial candle in his spidersilk backpack.

[Ice Garden, Altar]
Benches of carved ice with seats of wood surround the central altar, bowered with beardtongue shrubs. The glitter of the fallen snow reflects light in a myriad of rainbows, creating a hypnotic effect ideal for settling into a meditative state. Carved into the base of the glacier is a dark crevice leading into the mountain of ice.
Obvious paths: south.
Junis followed.

Arimantis just arrived.

Arimantis glances at you.

Flames begin to flicker along the walls, the heat unpleasant and macabre.

Junis glares.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis glances at you.

Arimantis peers quizzically at Junis.

Junis asks, "Did you see the flames?"

Arimantis nods to Junis.

You exclaim, "I am frightened!"

Arimantis rubs you gently.

You say, "Let's go back to the temple."

You say, "Join me Arimantis."

Junis says, "Arimantis, stay with Iscikella"

[Hall of the Mind]
An aura of tranquility sits over the room. Stars twinkle on the south wall, comforting as they sparkle in the blackness, while the north wall glows a pearlescent grey the color of the moon behind mist. A black altar sits before the starry sky, and a grey altar seems to fade out of the misty wall.
Also in the room: Lord Tierus
Obvious exits: southwest, up.
Arimantis followed.

You say, "There was smoke here."

Tierus sighs.

You say, "Serpentine smoke."

Arimantis nods to you.

You point at a black altar.

You say, "At Ronan's altar."

Arimantis sighs.

Tierus says, "Pro'lly ano'er Councilman."

Tierus shudders.

Tierus says, "This place be defiled... foul."

Arimantis asks, "How do you feel?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at you.

You say, "I feel fine."

You say, "Just frightened."

Arimantis nods.

Tierus sighs.

You place a hand over your heart.

Arimantis says, "Had somethin sorta umm.. discouragin happen again"

Arimantis sighs.

Tierus raises an eyebrow in Arimantis's direction.

You cock your head at Arimantis.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

You blink at Arimantis.

Arimantis says, "A little halflin hand reachin out.. all weak.. faint.."

Arimantis sighs.

You gasp.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

You ask, "Whatever did I do?"

Arimantis asks, "You?"

(Iscikella gazes at her hand.)

Arimantis shakes his head.

You say, "When my hand dispersed..."

You shudder.

Arimantis says, "Wasn't yer hand I don thing"

Several of the stars begin to flicker and fade.

You exclaim, "What!"

Tierus frowns.

You exclaim, "Look!"

Arimantis gazes with interest at the south wall.

You say, "On the south wall!"

Tierus asks, "Ronan, Mas'er?"

You say, "The star!"

You hear a ferocious growl nearby!

You exclaim, "The stars!"

Arimantis nods to you.

Tierus frowns.

Arimantis just touched the south wall.

Tierus says, "Setzier, if ye be 'ere, go awiy. This place isnae fer ye."

Arimantis removes a blackened silver-bound prayerbook from in his rune-covered bag.
Arimantis just opened a blackened silver-bound prayerbook.

Tierus removes a lustrous onyx Ronan symbol from his neck.

You hear the faint thoughts of Junis touch your mind:
"are you alright still?"

Arimantis just touched a black altar.
Arimantis kneels down and begins to recite prayers.

You focus your mind on Junis and think:
"Stars are flickering on Ronan's wall."

(Tierus raises his symbol before him like a shield.)

Arimantis gazes with interest at the south wall.

Tierus sniffs.

You hear the faint thoughts of Junis touch your mind:
"someone or something laughed at me when I challenged it"

Tierus asks, "Witcheaven? Pyrocite?"

Iscikella snickers and sneers. "Your history, we will never see your like again. Take your paltry parlor tricks and go away."

Tierus glowers darkly at you.

You gasp.

Tierus says, "Such a tone isnae becomin' frem a sylph."

You say, "Isn't me..."

Tierus blinks.

Arimantis asks, "Who ya speakin of?"

Arimantis glances at you.

Tierus says, "Oh, my."

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Tierus turns around.

You focus your mind on Junis and think:
"Entity!"

Tierus gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Tierus gestures.
Tierus appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Tierus says, "Setzier. Alwiys, an' fere'er."

You say, "I mean it's my voice, but..."

Tierus says, "Ah'd 'eard ye wir back in 'Mule."

Arimantis nods to you.

Tierus says, "an' smelt ye, too."

Arimantis rubs you gently.

Iscikella begins to examine her fingernails, then chews on them nonchalantly.

Tierus shudders.

Arimantis glances at you.

Tierus says, "Iscikella, ye might want tae... pull yer hand outtae yer mouth."

Arimantis says, "Isn't a good habit to get into"

Junis just arrived.

You shudder.

You say, "I'm not doing anything..."

A crimson mist envelopes Iscikella.

You scream!

Junis glares.

Arimantis glances at you.

Tierus shudders.

(Tierus backs away from Iscikella.)

Arimantis struggles to stand, but fails.

Junis touches you.

Arimantis stands up.
Arimantis just tried to pull you towards him!

Tierus exclaims, "Junis, careful!"

You ask, "What is it?"

You ask, "What is it?"

Iscikella raises her hand to the sky, and mutters a few words.

Junis asks, "With your permission?"

Tierus says, "Ye dun' want tae get tha' stuff on ye."

Junis exclaims, "NO!"

A wave of power flows out of Junis and toward Iscikella who is surrounded by a soft white light.

Junis exclaims, "You will not have her!"

Arimantis stares off into space.

Arimantis rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

You shudder.

The crimson mist evaporates with a sigh.

Tierus wipes the sweat from his brow.

Arimantis says, "Now.. that don make sense.."

Arimantis rubs you gently.

Tierus says, "Clever use o' His po'er, Junis."

Tierus nods to Junis.

You ask, "What is happening?"

Iscikella cackles. "Thanks!"

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Oh, this certainly is amusing. You just pushed away the one man who can save her."

You hear loud, raucous laughter nearby.

Junis glares.

You exclaim, "Ye sent Thurfel away, Junis!"

You say, "He was trying to take the entity."

Arimantis says, "That wasn't him"

Junis exclaims, "Thurfel has done more harm than good!"

Tierus says, "Thurfel is dead."

Junis exclaims, "He let her keep the sphere!"

Arimantis looks over at Tierus and shakes his head.

You look at Tierus and shake your head.

You exclaim, "He was trying to take the entity!"

Tierus says, "Deception, lies... me Mas'er is passed beyond tha grave."

Tierus sighs.

You hear a wild, cackling laugh nearby.

Arimantis says, "That hand Tierus."

You look at Tierus and shake your head.

Tierus sighs.

You say, "No, that was Thurfel. I felt it."

Tierus says, "As much as ah'd like tae hope..."

Arimantis says, "He is out there.. somewhere"

You say, "I didn't thank ye, Junis, the entity did."

Tierus says, "Then... tha entity..."

(Tierus looks directly into Iscikella's eyes.)

Tierus says, "Then yer days are numbered, O nameless one."

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "A sylvan healer with two souls in one body. One nice and frilly, the other mean and destructive. One Liabo, One Chaos. Oh, whichever shall conquer..."

Arimantis just touched a black altar.

You hear a deranged cackling nearby.

Vazridth just arrived.

You exclaim, "Quiet, jackal!"

You flail your arms about.

Vazridth grins at you.

Vazridth bows.

Arimantis rubs you gently.

Arimantis glances at Vazridth.

Arimantis stares off into space.

Vazridth raises an eyebrow.

Tierus hangs a lustrous onyx Ronan symbol around his neck.

Tierus removes a black ora-banded staff from in his jackal fur cloak.

Vazridth asks, "Something wrong,Arimantis?"

Tierus says, "Setzier, ye seem tae much enjoy pro'lems wif tha mind... If ye'd care tae come out 'ere, ah'll give ye one o' yer verrah own."

Arimantis says, "Jus what we needed... you"

Arimantis glances at Vazridth.

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

Vazridth examines his fingernails.

(Vazridth chuckles softly)

You say, "The mist was Thurfel."

Junis whispers, "my lady, my deepest appologees, I realized too late..."

You say, "I heard him sigh."

You pace back and forth.

Setzier whispers, "I warned you someday... your friends would be the death of you."

Arimantis says, "Well.. believe it or not.. that makes me feel better.."

You pace back and forth.

You cover your ears.

You exclaim, "Jackal, cease!"

Arimantis says, "when that hand tried to reach out.. and then exploded.."

Arimantis shudders.

You say, "The mist... the mist was Thurfel."

Tierus frowns.

You say, "I felt it when enveloped me..."

Junis blushes a glowing shade of red.

Tierus looks over at Junis and shakes his head.

Tierus says, "'tisnae yer fault, ol' Giant."

You say, "Not yer fault, Junis."

Lady Nofret just arrived.

You say, "The entity was here too."

You pace back and forth.

You pace back and forth.

Tierus says, "Me Mas'er does 'ave an unusual wiy o' announcin' 'imself."

You say, "But he sighed when the Voln power dispersed the mist -- Thurfel."

You pace back and forth.

Tierus frowns.

You pace back and forth.

You wring your hands.

Tierus says, "Truly, Mas'er Thurfel's hold on this realm mus' be weak indeed..."

Tierus shudders.

Arimantis nods to Tierus.

Arimantis says, "The hand.. it was hardly there"

Tierus says, "Banished by Voln-magic? 'Tdoesnae sound like 'im."

Tierus shakes his head.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

You say, "He's weak."

You say, "I could feel that."

You say, "And the entity is getting stronger."

You shudder.

Tierus says, "An' o' course, thair's Setzier... if only we coul' banish..."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "So foolish, and you call yourself a Wizard."

Tierus chuckles.

Nofret shudders.

(Tierus turns to the source of the voice in the shadows, wry humor written across his face.)

Arimantis asks, "You feel it gettin stronger?"

Vazridth says, "Good evening Setzier."

Arimantis peers quizzically at you.

Vazridth bows.

Tierus says, "Ah donnae do tha', Setzier. Ah call meself a mendicant an' magician. Nothin' mer, nothin' less. "

You nod to Arimantis.

You say, "I don't understand what it meant."

Junis wrings his hands.

You say, "About the history."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "The Volnite power mixed with Thurfel's magic", the voice seeming to move around the chamber. "A catalyst was created, and pushed him away. Oh, poor... little... Iscikella."

Arimantis nods.

You ask, "What does that mean?"

You cover your ears.

You exclaim, "Jackal, quiet!"

Arimantis shakes his head.

Tierus says, "Ah b'lieve 'e wis tryin' tae say... "you will be history"..."

Tierus coughs.

Nofret asks, "So, you figure that Iscikella will be taken over forever, Setzier?"

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Arimantis asks, "What was it, that it said the other night.. bout killin people?"

Arimantis peers quizzically at you.

Tierus says, "bu' ye ne'er know wif possessions... those things inside yer 'ead cin say one thing, mean ano'er..."

Nofret says, "I ask only for information. If anyone knows insanity, Setzier, it is you."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "The end is unpredictable. But should I find out Its Name first...."

A faint glint of reddish light appears in the shadows.

You say, "I think he was talking to Thurfel."

You say, "I think the stars blinking, the smoke..."

Nofret says, "Maybe he was talking to both of you."

You say, "That was Thurfel."

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

(Tierus runs his hand over the south wall, sighing softly.)

Tierus says, "Bother."

You pace back and forth.

Arimantis says, "But.. it was talkin about more than one person"

You wring your hands.

Arimantis paces back and forth.

Setzier whispers, "In time due, sylvan." An unseen hand lightly touches the tendrils of your hair, "In due time."

You shiver.

(Iscikella backs away from an unseen hand.)

Arimantis peers quizzically at you.

You exclaim, "Don't touch me!"

Junis stands in front of you.

You shiver.

Tierus sighs.

Junis glares.

Tierus says, "Thurfel shall be weakened fer days, now..."

Arimantis asks, "That a jackel hand, or a halflin hand?"

Tierus says, "if nae weeks."

You say, "Jackal."

Arimantis nods to you.

Nofret asks, "All right. How do you suggest we find the creature's name, Acolyte?"

You say, "Thurfel is still so weak, from one attack..."

You hear loud, raucous laughter nearby.

You hear the voice of Setzier ask, "Why for would I tell you my secrets?"

Arimantis nods to you.

Nofret says, "So there is a way to do it, and you know how. Thank you for the information."

You say, "I think he knows more than he says, this jackal in the shadows."

Tierus says, "Tha's Setzier's wiy o' sayin' "I do not know," in me opinion."

Arimantis says, "An his people are still hidim themselves away"

You ask, "When ye invoked the ritual, jackal, did ye invoke the name?"

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "I have two Orders filled to the brim with tomes of ancient past and history. The Name will be mine shortly."

You ask, "In yer Dark Elven tongue?"

Nofret says, "Setzier is canny enough when there is need. "

You flail your arms about.

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "The ritual? No, the Name was not invoked... but the entity..."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Perhaps."

Tierus says, "Oh, bah. Iscikella, tae call tha' Setzier's tongue is a grievous insult tae all o' us."

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

You flail your arms about.

Arimantis indicates his silver-bound prayerbook with a smile.
Arimantis just closed a blackened silver-bound prayerbook.

You say, "We must learn the name... somehow."

You say, "I don't know what else we can do."

Arimantis nods to you.

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "The quandary of the horrific bliss surcoming to the faces of the dear sylvan's friends..."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "As the entity controls her, and slays them."

Arimantis smirks.

You flail your arms about.

You exclaim, "Jackal, I won't slay anyone!"

Arimantis says, "The entity has not tried to harm any of us"

(Tierus leans over to Iscikella and whispers to her.)

Nofret says, "I think you must learn it. It's your body the thing will be killing with."

Nofret shrugs.

Tierus whispers, "Ah'm guessin' 'e does this tae e'eryun' wif mental pro'lems tha' 'e cin find."

Arimantis says, "There must be clues in what it says"

Arimantis nods to you.

Iscikella says, "At least tonight, that is."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Come now, dear Sylvan. Can't you feel its power in your veins... your hand shakes with the wondrous feeling.."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Chaos buzzing in your ear.."

Arimantis says, "I think that was you whisperin.."

Nofret says, "Why would it provide any clues for you to get rid of it? It needs your body. It wants to stay."

Arimantis stares off into space.

Tierus says, "Then 'gain, parasites cin often be self-destructive."

Tierus nods to Nofret.

You whisper quietly to Tierus, "The entity is there. It is only a spirit of one of the entombed. How it managed to put itself in the sphere is something I imagine only Luukos knows."

Nofret asks, "It is not stupid--why would it play fair?"

Arimantis says, "When someon.. or somethin.. gets aggitated like that, it tends to let things slip"

Tierus frowns.

Tierus says, "Hrmm..."

Nofret says, "If I were an entity, I would provide as many false clues as possible to distract people while I went about my business."

Tierus whispers, "Pro'lly wif tha help o' a mage."

Tierus says, "Logical."

Tierus nods to Nofret.

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

You say, "At least tonight? What is the thing talking about."

Junis just went southwest.

Tierus asks, "Why woul' ye want folks on tha tip o' yer tail, if ye coul' 'ave them searchin' fer yer weakness a long way off?"

Nofret nods to Tierus.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Nofret says, "Exactly."

You say, "Is saying it will kill someone, that remark..."

You say, "I just..."

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You fan yourself.

You sit down.

You say, "I feel faint."

Tierus says, "Ah wouldnae b'lieve it, yet. Until it does."

Arimantis says, "But.. what history does it speak of"

You hear the voice of Setzier ask, "Here marks another quandary, dear Sylvan. What does it... or I should say YOU do when you sleep? Do you become a predator in the night?"

Arimantis rubs you gently.

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, "That remark about at least tonight was NOT me!"

You whisper quietly to Arimantis, " Was responding to Setzier."

Tierus says, "Whin tha thing ye're possessed by acsh'lly starts tae kill folks, then ye cin be-" he cuts off in the middle of his sentence, blanching slightly. "-ne'er mind."

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair)

Setzier whispers, "Perhaps you shouldn't sleep, Sylvan. Perhaps you should stay awake, wary of your every movement, every breath."

You say, "It's coming and going as it pleases..."

Nofret says, "I'm not sure that Iscikella needs to kill anyone. There are many methods of destroying people."

Arimantis nods to Nofret.

(Tierus taps his bearded chin, frowning.)

You hear the voice of Setzier ask, "Have there been rumors, Sylvan? Mysterious disappearences... blood splotches in the snow?"

You say, "Ye don't understand... what it replied..."

You hear the voice of Setzier ask, "Have you killed before in your sleep?"

Nofret says, "If it continues to come and go as it pleases, no one will ever know when or if she is possessed. For all we know, she could be possessed now, and the entity listening to all our ideas."

You say, "I didn't say that. Was the entity."

You flail your arms about.

Arimantis says, "Was lookin for a cool drink.. but I don have anythin without rum in it"

Tierus says, "Iscikella's nae been killin' anythin', Setzier. Ah cin vouch fer that."

Arimantis glances at you.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Arimantis asks, "What don we understand?"

Nofret says, "I would not vouch for it."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "One side of her appears to have. Look at how her hand quivers."

Tierus says, "Tha recen' blood splatters doon tha Hall wirnae her werk, 'tleast."

Tierus says, "Ah know tha', fer certain."

Tierus shivers.

You say, "I do not sleep alone, jackal. So I know I do not walk in my sleep."

You say, "Or kill in my sleep."

Nofret says, "There is only one person the entity wants to kill that we know of--Thurfel."

You say, "And I don't believe the entity has the power to do that..."

You say, "But it is stronger... I do feel it is stronger than it was..."

Arimantis says, "But, it speaks of more than one"

Nofret says, "The creature may well take you over in your sleep some night, and walk you to Thurfel's keep."

Tierus sighs.

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

Setzier whispers, "Perhaps we should join at night, dear Sylvan. Snatching the halfling children from their comfortable, safe beds...", the voice whispers in a low, monotonous tone. "... and feast like the wild animals."

Tierus says, "Much as ah'd love tae stay an' darken tha room wif me presence... ah mus' get some rest."

Tierus says, "Some o' us still sleep at night."

Nofret says, "I can see it now--you running to embrace Thurfel, with a stiletto in your hand..."

Tierus chuckles.

Nofret says, "It could make you do it."

Tierus shudders.

Tierus turns to face you.

Tierus says, "Ah'd say tha motto o' tha night woul' be... keep 'way frem blades, M'lady."

Tierus bows to you.

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

Tareniss just arrived.

(Tierus glances disdainfully into the shadows as he walks away, muttering something about Acolytes.)

Arimantis rubs you gently.

You say, "Right now Thurfel cannot comeback from wherever he remains."

Junis just arrived.

Arimantis nods.

You say, "He tried... he tried to take the entity..."

You sigh softly.

Nofret says, "Cannot? I would say will not."

You say, "He cannot."

Arimantis looks over at Nofret and shakes his head.

You say, "He is too weak."

You say, "He tried here to take the entity."

You say, "And was dispersed."

Nofret asks, "Or is he only preparing for a greater battle?"

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "All too amusing. So many questions, so... little answers. Does she kill? Does she blackout unexpectantly? How much control does It have? Poor... dear sylvan."

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Arimantis says, "he tried to make contact at voln.. tried to warn me"

You say, "I felt his weakness and heard his sigh."

Nofret sighs.

Arimantis says, "His lil halfin hand reachin out.. "

You exclaim, "Jackal, stop!"

Arimantis sighs.

You say, "He tried to help me..."

Tareniss says, "excuse me, Iscikella, Castellan Rills Tigglesworth the Halfling Warrior wants me to bring you to him or he gonna kill me"

Arimantis stares at Tareniss.

Nofret says, "Anyone can sigh, Isci. It isn't a sign of weakness. It might have been a sigh of exasperation or contentment. You cannot know."

You blink.

Arimantis asks, "What did you say?"

You stand back up.

Nofret says, "Rills wants to see you."

You say, "Well, I won't be responsible for anyone's death..."

Tareniss says, "he's says your the cause of all the problems"

You hear someone mutter 'yet'.

You say, "Lead on."

Nofret says, "I think you have already."

You look at Nofret and shake your head.

Tareniss whispers, "you sure?"

You nod to Tareniss.

Nofret asks, "Those who died when you were in the keep? The ones who tried to save you?"

Arimantis says, "If Rills thinks you are a problem.. you shouldn't go alone"

Tareniss asks, "ok ready?"

You ask, "Save me?"

You say, "They wished vengeance for another."

You say, "They had no idea I was there."

You say, "Yer history is confused."

Nofret says, "I spoke to some who sensed your presence and who wished to save you. Perhaps some sought an ambush, but your safety became a concern after your presence became known."

[Icemule Trace, West Road]
Travellers go by at a dizzying pace. It is difficult to walk by without running into one of them. Walking sideways seems to be the only way to make any progress down the road. You also see a deranged sentry.
Also here: Arimantis, Lady Nofret, Tareniss, Lord Mordoch, Lady Erlena, Abigaill, Javerte, Castellan Rills
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

Javerte says, "Perhaps I should seek out that fortress, to see what I could learn of them."

You ask, "Oh? Is that why it was Fullberry who killed me?"

You cock your head at Nofret.

Rills says, "Thurfel will never let em sinks the island."

A deranged sentry exclaims, "There she is!"

A deranged sentry exclaims, "slay her!"

Javerte says, "Although, with such... skilled sentries as yourselves, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about."

Javerte stares at a deranged sentry.

Junis fades into view in the act of striking!

Junis swings a pearl-hilted vultite falchion at a deranged sentry!
AS: +294 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +44 = +275
... and hits for 89 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the deranged sentry without a left leg!
A deranged sentry falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
The deranged sentry is stunned!

Junis exclaims, "NoOO!"

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Junis swings a pearl-hilted vultite falchion at a deranged sentry!
AS: +294 vs DS: +45 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +84 = +365
... and hits for 106 points of damage!
Awesome slash severs the deranged sentry's right arm!
A jagged stump is all that remains!
The sentry's longsword falls to the ground.
The deranged sentry vainly tries to shout a warning, then goes still.

Rills exclaims, "hey!"

Ramman says, "eww, it's rills"

Erlena says, "whoa"

The deranged sentry decays into a grisly pile of armor, blood, and bone.

Javerte exclaims, "How dare thee!"

Rills exclaims, "leave my sentry alone!"

Junis exclaims, "She does not die!"

Rills flails his arms about.

Junis stands in front of you.

Arimantis nods to Rills in greeting.

Nofret says, "She just did."

Erlena says, "thats one dead sentry"

You say, "I didn't."

Junis says, "Your sentry would kill one I am sworn to protect"

Mordoch furrows his brow.

Abigaill says, "Don't forget deranged"

Erlena says, "that too"

Rills yells, "Bring out the guard!"

You say, "I was told ye wished to see me, Castellan."

You say, "Ye threatened this poor woman..."

Abigaill says, "Must be why you felt drawn here"

Rills exclaims, "Icekilla is here and the citizens are revoltin under her command!"

You nod to Tareniss.

Arimantis smirks.

Erlena grunts. How charming.

You say, "Hardly."

Javerte says, "Your company seems quite violent to me, Iscikella."

Javerte snorts.

Junis says, "Rills threatened to kill Tareniss"

Setzier whispers, "Death begins to flow from your hand..."

You say, "Junis, keep peace."

Junis glances at Javerte.

Rills exclaims, "Icekilla is responsible for unlesshing great eeeevil upon the lands!"

Junis says, "I protect only"

You say, "We need to hear what is to be said."

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Arimantis shakes his head.

Rills exclaims, "Even Lord Thurfel is hard pressed to protect us!"

A deranged sentry snatches up a longsword!

Javerte says, "Tareniss acted in violence towards Rills..."

A deranged sentry snatches up a coral shield!

Rills exclaims, "Now she would kill us all!"

Rills exclaims, "Stop her!"

Javerte says, "He quickly realized he was out-matched, however."

A deranged sentry claws at Javerte!
AS: +88 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +60 = +135
... and hits for 22 points of damage!
Solid blow gouges a chunk out of Javerte's left leg.
He is stunned!

A deranged sentry claws at Rills!
AS: +88 vs DS: +835 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +3 = -737
A clean miss.

A deranged sentry swings a longsword at Nofret!
AS: +78 vs DS: +350 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +65 = -170
A clean miss.
Not even close.

Arimantis says, "It isn't her.. you know that"

Arimantis nods to Rills.

You say, "Rills, an empath is little threat."

A deranged sentry claws at Tareniss!
AS: +88 vs DS: +171 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +49 = +1
A clean miss.
A deranged sentry furrows his brow as he glances about.

Junis glares at a deranged sentry and lets out a nerve-shattering bellow!
A deranged sentry is startled enough to lose initiative!

Javerte exclaims, "Rills! Control your guards!"

Junis glares at a deranged sentry and lets out a nerve-shattering bellow!
A deranged sentry is startled enough to lose initiative!

Rills exclaims, "She's leading the populace against us!"

Tareniss draws a glowing pattern in the air before a deranged sentry.
CS: +219 - TD: +14 + CvA: +25 + d100: +76 == +306
Warding failed!
A deranged sentry's eyes roll up into its head as it slumps to the ground.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Lairia says, "What the hec"

Javerte says, "Striking even those who favor your cause."

Lairia babbles something unintelligible.

Rills exclaims, "They have been beguiled by her evil charms!"

Lairia raises an eyebrow.

Junis asks, "Whos violent?"

Junis peers quizzically at Javerte.

Lairia says, "Dont see that every day"

You say, "Castellan, ye speak foolishly."

Javerte says, "You slew one of his first."

Javerte stares off into space.

You say, "Yer master came to me this night in the Hall of Mind."

Nofret says, "Oh, stop it, Rills. I'm not in the least beguiled by Iscikella or her entity."

Junis says, "Call off your sentry Rills, or I will kill every one of them"

Rills exclaims, "I shall fight you to the bitter end, you witch!"

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Junis stands in front of you.

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

You say, "But he was too weak to stay..."

Junis exclaims, "You will have to go through me first!"

Nofret asks, "Why don't you wait till she attacks you first?"

Rills exclaims, "see, she has already twisted Junis to her cause!"

Javerte nods.

You say, "And then what? The entity enters ye perhaps."

Junis glares at Rills.

Rills exclaims, "she shows up and immediately they begin slaying my guards!"

You say, "Ye, Castellan, have more to offer it than I."

Setzier whispers, "Chaos and turmoil. Death and destruction. It is beginning to take control."

Javerte nods to Rills.

Junis says, "Your guards threatened her first"

A deranged sentry exclaims, "hey!"

Rills exclaims, "I am not easily beguiled!"

Junis says, "And they attacked Javerte for no reason"

Nofret says, "One guard was slain. A sentry that attacked first and asked questions later."

A deranged sentry exclaims, "Cretins!"

Nofret waves a hand at the deranged sentry, shooing it off.

Rianon asks, "what is your business here?"

Rills says, "Guilible cretins at that."

Rianon peers quizzically at a deranged sentry.

Javerte says, "It simply mistook me for one of you trouble-makers, is all."

You ask, "Beguiled? Why would I beguile ye?"

Rills exclaims, "she is eeeeevil!"

Rills exclaims, "burn the witch!"

Arimantis shakes his head.

A deranged sentry exclaims, "Where are you hiding our master!"

You say, "The entity is evil."

Javerte says, "The sentry was merely serving it's function."

Arimantis says, "You know it isn't her"

Rianon asks, "your master?"

Rianon asks, "who might that be?"

You say, "And yer master came to try and help me."

Rills exclaims, "Release the evil from within her!"

Rianon squints at a deranged sentry.

You say, "But he is too weak."

Junis exclaims, "Burning is your answer to everything Rills! You convinced Thurfel to kill innocent dwarves!"

Rills exclaims, "the clensing fires will purify her!"

Nofret says, "I think Thurfel is evil, personally--as evil as the entity."

You glance at Rills.

Arimantis says, "Your master is too weak to get his message through"

A deranged sentry asks, "Evil?"

Rills asks, "who ever heard of an innocent dwarf?"

Rills giggles.

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "I hear fire removes evil entities."

Nofret asks, "Can we burn you first, to cleanse your soul of all evil?"

Javerte begins chortling at Rills.

A deranged sentry asks, "Evil?"

You hear a wild, cackling laugh nearby.

Javerte nods to Rills.

Junis glares.

Rianon asks, "who is your master?"

Rianon peers quizzically at a deranged sentry.

Mordoch glances at Rills.

Junis says, "You have no honor Rills, you do not deserve the title of warrior, you are a filthy mercenary"

Rills exclaims, "toss her in the lake of ice! see if she sinks!"

A deranged sentry says, "Fire is a pure as the driven snow, no deceipt, no lies, just pure."

Nofret says, "I think that since you are so eager to burn others, Rills, you should be willing to be burned yourself."

Rills exclaims, "if she floats, she's a witch!"

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

You ask, "And that will gain ye what?"

Rianon whispers, "ewwwww"

Arimantis says, "Rills.. if you really wish to help Thurfel.. we have to work together this time"

A deranged sentry says, "you are not even a lady"

Rills exclaims, "Prove yer misleadin these poor honest townsfolk to doom us all!"

You say, "Thurfel came to me to try and help me."

A deranged sentry says, "you are one of the nine"

Abigaill says, "ooh, ouch"

You ask, "Would ye do other than he would, Castellan?"

Rills exclaims, "You wont fooool me!"

You ask, "is yer loyalty so poor?"

A deranged sentry exclaims, "she talks from both sides!"

Rills exclaims, "one of the NINE!"

Rills hisses.

You hear the voice of Setzier ask, "I see your hand quivering, Sylvan. Is your control waivering?"

Rills hisses at you.

Rills shrinks fearfully away from you!

Rills exclaims, "You have them all fooooled!"

Arimantis says, "Rills.. he tried to reach out to me.. his hand.. reachin out. He needs help"

A deranged sentry exclaims, "Where is he, what have you done with him!"

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

You ask, "If I was myself one of nine, wouldn't ye be dead?"

You say, "I am not one of them."

Nofret says, "Not if you were only one of the Nine sometimes, Isci."

You say, "It's spirit has seeped into me, but that spirit is not me."

Rills exclaims, "I'm protected by powerful magics, thats why you had these poor innocent people attack my men!"

Javerte nods to Rills.

Arimantis says, "We all have to stop accusin here.. an just think what can be done"

Iscikella smirks and says, "This is just too amusing."

Junis glares.

Nofret says, "Those poor innocent sentrys attacked first."

Arimantis stands in front of you.

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

Rills says, "Wont be very amusing when you have destroyed this wonderful town."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "I'd be wary, Rills. I heard she knows magic that can go through yours."

Javerte exclaims, "Hardly, Nofret!"

Rills exclaims, "She's a witch!"

Arimantis says, "Rills somewhere in the keep, is the information that will stop this.. we have to find it"

Nofret says, "But this is childish, arguing about who struck first."

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Iscikella gestures and chants in a low verse, her hands pointing at the sentry.

Junis exclaims, "Shes no witch!"

Javerte says, "They were summoned when your own slew his guard."

Rills asks, "What information ARimantis?"

Nofret says, "Well, she's not herself at the moment."

The sentry sinks into the earth.

(Iscikella pulls at her hand.)

Tareniss giggles.

Rianon blinks.

Evl asks, "is that a beast?"

You have a headache.

Nofret says, "That was the entity."

Arimantis says, "There must be journals.. something.."

You say, "My head..."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "See, she had the soil consume that guard. Burn her."

(Iscikella holds her head in pain.)

You hear a wild, cackling laugh nearby.

Junis says, "Oh shush you Fool"

Arimantis says, "Something that has the record of the nine.. of thier powers.. an thier weaknesses"

Javerte says, "I find your logic amusing, Setzier."

Nofret says, "Not unlike what Thurfel did with the tomb."

Rills exclaims, "Careful! She might lash out at any moment!"

Junis glances at Rills.

Junis asks, "Like Thurfel?"

Junis says, "You choose your evil magic users strangely"

Arimantis says, "In Trentas's books perhaps.. there has to be something"

A deranged sentry lumbers in.

You say, "The name, if the name was known the thing could be summoned to stand on its own."

Abigaill says, "he's a noisy sod"

Rills exclaims, "Worse! Thurfel does things for the greater good, but she will be the doom of us all!"

Rills flails his arms about.

Junis exclaims, "Greater good!"

Iscikella pulls a piece of lint from her shoulder, and flicks it off. She looks over and Junis and winks.

Rills exclaims, "She will dooooom us all!"

Javerte says, "Thurfel is far too wise for you to perceive what needs be done."

Arimantis says, "Not if we can rid her of that essence.."

(Iscikella runs a hand through her hair.)

Rills exclaims, "Icekilla is invading!"

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Rills, ask them how they sent away your Master as he was trying to communicate. The one called Junis dispatched him on the wind."

Nofret says, "Rills, know you of any books which could name the entity? Such creatures hold their names close. When their names become known, they lose some of their power."

Rills exclaims, "Rally to the defense of Icemule!"

Junis yells, "Dont believe the lies of Rills!"

You scoff at Rills.

You say, "Ye are a fool, Castellan."

Arimantis says, "If we can draw the essence out.. it can be beaten"

You say, "I thought ye a wiser man."

Rills says, "Junis is under her vile influence obviously."

Arimantis looks over at Rills and shakes his head.

Rills exclaims, "Ha! You admitted it yerself!"

Javerte nods to Rills.

Junis says, "I am under noones influence but mine own"

Nofret says, "Then tell me, Rills, since you fear the entity'"

Rills asks, "Now you call me the fool! Who speaks? One of the NINE?"

Arimantis says, "Rills.. jus believe that we want the same thing here.. this one time"

You say, "He is a friend."

You say, "That is all."

Rills exclaims, "yer a witch, we must burn you so you may rest in peace and thus save Icemule!"

Rills's claidhmore erupts in flame, the heat intense.

Nofret asks, "Where may we find the name of the entity and limit its power?"

You say, "Castellan, where is the calmness necessary in a leader? Ye do not think."

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Rills exclaims, "burn her!"

Junis stands in front of you.

Jazhara begins chuckling at Rills.

Arimantis says, "Your master is tryin to get a message through.. we have to find out what it is"

Jazhara says, "oh please"

Junis says, "Rills if you touch her, you will die on my blade"

Rills exclaims, "Yer idea of thinkin is to do as you say!"

Rills exclaims, "I will have none of this!"

Jazhara says, "if all woman got burned for being "witches" we would ALL be burnt"

Arimantis shakes his head.

Jazhara stares off into space.

You say, "The entity will not die."

Javerte says, "Probably for the better."

You hear the voice of Setzier say, "Watch her eyes, Rills. She'll hex you, and then make you kill your friends."

You say, "It is spirit."

(Rills puts his hands over his ears.)

You say, "Spirit doesn't die."

Rills says, "lalalalala"

Arimantis says, "This time.. odd as it sounds.. we are on the same side"

Fyrentennimar says, "i like witches"

Junis says, "Do not listen to the voice of the jackal"

Rills exclaims, "she's a witch!"

You say, "What a fool, ye are, Castellan."

Rills exclaims, "I dont' have time for this nonesense!"

You say, "Not to realize so much."

Rills exclaims, "you are all dooooomed!"

Arimantis says, "I know.. I don wanna believe it either.."

Lairia raises an eyebrow in Rills's direction.

Rills exclaims, "If you don't believe me, you will soon enough!"

Javerte exclaims, "Clearly he is under her control!"

Lairia asks, "We are?"

Fyrentennimar peers quizzically at Javerte.

Nykto asks, "How exactly are we all doomed?"

Nofret asks, "Rubbish. Why bother dooming everyone, Castellan?"

Rills exclaims, "Don't fall victim to her vile magiks!"

Fyrentennimar says, "oh shutup"

Fyrentennimar thumps Javerte!

Jazhara says, "we were doomed since we came here from the farm"

Rills exclaims, "flee her, oppose her, do what you can before its to late!"

Javerte says, "Do not touch me again."

Jazhara says, "like what you say matters"

Javerte shakes his head.

Jazhara waves a hand at Rills, dismissing him indifferently.

Arimantis says, "You can help us be rid of the nine.. "

Rills exclaims, "I will go to gather the army!"

Nofret says, "I've been fleeing for four months already."

You say, "If ye will help with the name, Castellan, likely the magicks can be controlled and dispersed."

Rills exclaims, "together we shall fight the one!"

Junis says, "Together you shall fall"

Rills exclaims, "and set Icemule free of this reign of terror!"

Junis stares at Rills.

Nykto blinks.

You say, "I see no reign of terror."

Javerte joins Rills's group.

Rianon grumbles.

Castellan Rills's group just went east.

You say, "Except yer hysteria."



Button Link to Thurfel Main