Attack on Thurfel's Keep
Restday, day 22 of the month Jastatos in the year 5100

[Forest, Snow Sprite Path]
A sculpture of a winged sprite, carved of pure glaes crystal that almost appears to be ice, stands atop a pillar at the end of the low stone wall that runs along the path to the northeast. The air is filled with the scent of pine and burning wood from the fireplaces of the small homes scattered through the forest. You also see Drakne's cabin, Fraegon's cabin, a vine-covered wood and stone farmhouse, a vine-covered riverstone cottage, a gated oak plank farmhouse and a cedar-trimmed grey fieldstone cabin.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest, southeast.

You are wearing a perfect pink rose, a carved quartz hummingbird earring, a diamond wedding band, a glaes charm bracelet, a gold-trimmed white leather satchel, a glass amulet, a crystal amulet, a multi-gemmed quintuple ring medallion, a butterfly charm, a front-laced pale pink bodice, a lace-trimmed pale pink pouch, a fitted grey wool skirt, a gold-belled anklet, a quill pen tattoo, an overlapping circles tattoo and some white gold trimmed half-boots.

A soft voice whispers from the sculpture, "Good evening dear, tis so very nice to see you."

You say, "Good evening, m'lord."

You reach out and touch a crystal sprite sculpture.

The sprite shimmers then wavers.

Thurfel bows to you.

You curtsy to Thurfel.

Thurfel asks, "may I take us away from here?"

You nod to Thurfel.

You say, "Please."

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre at you!
Flames and fire explode outward from the sceptre, the heat intense. The raging inferno burns in every direction, then subsides.
You feel yourself pulled away.

[Thurfel's Keep]
As eclectic and bizarre as this keep might look, it still bears all of the standard protection that any fortress might provide its owner. Passage to or from the outside of the structure is guarded by a sturdy glaes portcullis that has been colored in the wildest pink imaginable. Numerous strands of colorful seashells that have been suspended from the ceiling are all that bar the path into the keep itself.
Also in the room: Natalita, Flindyl
Obvious exits: east, west.

Flindyl smiles at you.

Flindyl bows.

Thurfel says, "welcome to my home milady"

You say, "Evening, Flindyl."

You grin.

Thurfel says, "You remember Flindyl I would hope"

Flindyl says, "Good evening m'Ladys."

You say, "Aye, that I do."

Natalita curtsies to you.

You smile at Flindyl.

You smile at Natalita.

You see Natalita Zvongca the Dark Elf Sorceress.
She appears to be in her 150's, has very long black hair, multihued eyes, and dark skin.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a razor-sharp dagger in her right hand and a sea-green tower shield in her left hand.
She is wearing an ebony coral hairpin, a gold ring, a gold sea horse pin, a glass amulet, a soft leather scroll satchel, a sea-green knapsack clasped by a silver buckle, some vaalin-etched battle-armor, and a pair of salt-stained boots.

Natalita says, "Greetings M'lady"

Thurfel says, "I am going to give her a tour of our humble keep"

You ask, "Greetings to ye. Ye another of Thurfel's retainers?"

Flindyl nods to Thurfel.

You smile at Thurfel.

Thurfel clasps your hand tenderly.

Natalita smiles at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "she is one of my researchers"

You say, "Ah..."

Natalita cackles!

Flindyl asks, "Shall we remain here, Sire?"

You say, "I am looking forward to the tour, m'lord."

Thurfel says, "well, we may wish a drink perhaps later...."

Thurfel asks, "how are the stores of wine?"

Flindyl nods to Thurfel.

Flindyl says, "I just refreshed them with some new vintage."

Flindyl smiles at Thurfel.

Natalita beams happily at Flindyl!

You say, "Ah... I'm sure will be most appealing."

Thurfel says, "excellent, I would imagine we may be a bit thirsty after our stroll"

You smile at Flindyl.

Flindyl nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I have stabled the wardogs"

Flindyl smiles at you.

Thurfel says, "and the sentries are breaking for supper..."

Thurfel says, "so they should not bother us my dear."

Flindyl says, "I have some scraps for the dogs."

You say, "Very kind of ye."

You smile at Thurfel.

Flindyl smiles at Thurfel.

Thurfel nods to Flindyl.

Thurfel says, "we shall be walking the grounds if you need us for anything"

Flindyl nods.

Flindyl bows.

Thurfel asks, "shall we milady?"

Natalita nods to Thurfel.

Natalita smiles.

Thurfel smiles at you.

Natalita curtsies.

Natalita waves.

You say, "Please, m'lord."

Flindyl says, "As ye wish, Sire. I shall uncork some wine."

Flindyl smiles.

Thurfel says, "we are currently in the inner wall structure"

Thurfel nods to Flindyl.

Thurfel says, "it rings the keep"

(Iscikella places her arm in Thurfel's.)

Lord Thurfel's group just went east.

[Thurfel's Keep]
The irregularly shaped stones that were used to construct these walls are marred by a series of deep gouges that score the surface from top to bottom. The marks look animal-like, but it's difficult to imagine what sort of beast might have the power to leave such jagged cuts in the sturdy rock.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: east, west.

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

You say, "Very odd stones."

You nod.

Thurfel says, "there is about ten feet between the outer walls and the inner walls"

You ask, "So fine defenses then?"

Thurfel says, "if needed, I can flood them with sand if I know intruders are near."

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel nods to you.

Thurfel says, "notice the marks"

(Iscikella studies the walls.)

Thurfel says, "I believe those to be from the Grahnke"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Thurfel nods.

You say, "Very sharp claws then."

Thurfel says, "it is a powerful beast"

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "better the stone then my men"

You say, "To make such marks would have to be."

Lord Thurfel's group just went east.

[Thurfel's Keep]
A stack of rotting crates piled in one corner appears to be an unsafe method of gaining the upper level. The wood is pitted and moldy, numerous splinters and cracks marring the surface of the wood.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: north, west.

You say, "Well, that is very true."

Thurfel taps a stack of rotting crates.

Thurfel says, "a bit wobbly, but they lead up to the upper wall"

You ask, "For defenders?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "we were short of ladders..."

You say, "Ah..."

Thurfel says, "best we could come up with"

You smile at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I don't have much trouble scurrying up it though"

Thurfel grins.

You chuckle.

Thurfel says, "you should see Witlass though"

Thurfel grins.

You say, "I would imagine he would have a bit of difficulty."

Thurfel nods to you.

You say, "Being so big."

Lord Thurfel's group just went north.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Most of the floor tiles of this passage are warped, and from their gnarled shape it appears that they have melted. A few discolored splotches that stain what's left of the remaining floor suggest that something rather nasty was spilled onto the tile, perhaps some odd potion or concoction.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: north, south.

You giggle.

Thurfel says, "this was quite an embarrassment I must say"

(Iscikella glances at the tiles.)

Thurfel says, "I was travelling down the corridor..."

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "with a mixture of unstable acids in what I thought was a suitable container."

You say, "Oh..."

Thurfel says, "the container was indeed suitable.."

Thurfel says, "the cork however was not"

Thurfel chuckles.

(Iscikella looks concerned.)

You ask, "Ye suffered no burns I hope?"

Thurfel says, "the stuff steamed out of the vial and all over the floor"

Thurfel says, "no, I managed to get out of the way"

You say, "Acid burns can be quite painful."

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "thank goodness"

You say, "Fortunate indeed."

Thurfel says, "wouldn't have been so bad had you been by my side.."

You give a sigh of relief.

You smile at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I'm sure your skill would have made me feel better with little trouble."

Lord Thurfel's group just went north.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Leaning up against one of the walls is a long slender plank. The wood is cracked from top to bottom and it doesn't look particularly sturdy. Near this makeshift ladder, one of the roundish stones used in the wall has been scrawled on with some crude graffiti. It's difficult to make out, but it looks as if it might be a picture or drawing of some sort.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: south, west.

You say, "Well, healing is a gift I have been given and appreciate sharing."

Thurfel says, "well, that's almost a ladder"

Thurfel points at a long slender plank.

You chuckle.

You say, "True."

Thurfel taps a roundish stone.

You say, "Almost."

You wink at Thurfel.

You cock your head and examine the roundish stone.
A very distorted picture of a halfling has been etched into this stone.
There appears to be something written on it.
It reads: Thurfel was here!

Thurfel says, "I was feeling a bit silly."

You chuckle.

Thurfel grins.

You say, "I see."

You say, "But ye are here, after all."

Thurfel nods.

Thurfel grins.

You say, "So might as well say so."

You giggle.

Thurfel says, "as are you"

You clasp a hand over your mouth.

You nod to Thurfel.

Lord Thurfel's group just went west.

[Thurfel's Keep]
One of the floor tiles clearly stands out from the rest, as it is both a different size and color than the others. Directly above this tile, a long narrow slot has been cut into the ceiling with symmetrical precision. Something deep within the opening glints from the flickering light of the wall sconces.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: east, west.

Thurfel says, "try not to step on that tile"

It looks awfully clean and unwalked on compared to the others, quite interesting considering the wear on the floor around it.

(Iscikella avoids the tile.)

You say, "Allright..."

Thurfel says, "my men know to avoid it"

You ask, "Something wrong with it?"

You blink.

Thurfel says, "anybody taller than a halfling would soon find themselves about the same height as a halfling"

Thurfel says, "albeit with no head"

You cough.

You say, "I think I'll keep my head."

You say, "I just did my hair, after all."

A grey mouse scampers into the room.

Thurfel says, "I very much like your face milady"

You wink at Thurfel.

A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area. It begins to spin faster and faster, congealing into a large upright disk. The mist slows its spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.
Nanna steps out of the swirling mist.
The swirling mist begins to speed up as it spirals back into the opening and fades away.

Nanna raises an eyebrow in Thurfel's direction.

Thurfel says, "pardon me Iscikella"

You blink.

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre at Nanna!
Flames and fire explode outward from the sceptre, the heat intense. The raging inferno burns in every direction, then subsides.
Nanna just vanished.

You ask, "How did she get in here?"

Thurfel says, "I believe she was not invited"

The grey mouse scampers off.

You ask, "Do ye need me to unpresence myself?"

Thurfel says, "with her familiar I would imagine"

Thurfel says, "that would be good"

You concentrate on the Unpresence spell...
You gesture.
You feel more secure.

You say, "I should have thought of it sooner."

You blush a delicate shade of pink.

You say, "Do apologize."

Thurfel says, "tis not your fault..."

Thurfel says, "it just goes to prove how rude that woman is"

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "she's going to have a long walk back"

You say, "She is definitely an... odd one."

Thurfel says, "no harm was done to her however"

(Iscikella looks relieved.)

You say, "Well, I am glad to hear that."

You say, "Though she is very... confrontational."

Thurfel nods.

Lord Thurfel's group just went west.

[Thurfel's Keep]
A large barrel sitting directly in the middle of the floor makes it necessary to veer to either side in order to pass. Oddly, a rhythmic ticking that sounds much like a muffled metronome comes from within the sealed container. At the base of this barrel, a small crack has allowed a tiny pile of greyish powder to spill out. The faint scent of sulphur touches the air.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: east, west.

Other than a tiny candle wick that is barely sticking out of the upper banding, it looks to be nothing more than an ordinary barrel.

You point at an old fel barrel.

Thurfel says, "not sure exactly what that barrel does"

You ask, "Other than hold a candle?"

Thurfel says, "Nata's experimenting with that"

You chuckle at Thurfel.

You say, "Oh..."

You ask, "Nata, that is yer researcher?"

Thurfel says, "aye"

You say, "She dresses rather..."

You cough.

Thurfel grins.

You say, "Well, to each their own."

Thurfel says, "you know scholarly types..."

You nod to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "they don't care much about what they look like"

Lord Thurfel's group just went west.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Four flat boulders dangerously support a legless desk and provide what looks to be a very unsafe method of reaching the upper level. Considering how badly the desk is wobbling just from the faint breeze, it's hardly going to be an easy climb.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: south, east.

You chuckle at Thurfel.

Thurfel taps a legless desk.

You gaze with interest at a legless desk.

Thurfel says, "we really need some ladders"

You say, "I really think ye do."

Thurfel nods to you.

Lord Thurfel's group just went south.

[Thurfel's Keep]
There is no apparent reason for the odd bowl-like depression that cracks the floor tiles of this passage, but perhaps the ominous sound of rushing water coming from beneath the keep lends a clue.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: north, south.

You say, "Should commission some made for ye."

Thurfel says, "There is one outside..."

Thurfel says, "but its not in good enough condition to use"

You nod.

Thurfel says, "merchants haven't exactly warmed up to me either"

Thurfel says, "I'll have to hire a carpenter"

You say, "I recall seeing that ladder..."

You carefully listen, but don't hear anything unusual.

You ask, "Water?"

You ask, "This right about the lake?"

You ask, "Above that is?"

Thurfel says, "the floor collapsed once..."

Thurfel says, "it's a sinkhole..."

Thurfel says, "I keep repairing it..."

Thurfel says, "but I fear its like putting sand in a hole"

Lord Thurfel's group just went south.

[Thurfel's Keep]
An impossible stack of tomes and books piled floor to ceiling leads to a small opening overhead. Most of the titles are far too worn to be readable, but the few that still peek through the dust of time all bear some reference to wizardry. It doesn't look as if the mound of ancient leather-bound volumes would hold much weight, yet they are covered by tiny footprints.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: north, east.

Thurfel says, "I already read all those"

Thurfel grins.

You say, "Oh, books..."

You flash a wide grin.

You clap your hands.

Thurfel says, "so I figured I'd put them to good use."

You chuckle at Thurfel.

You ask, "Ye have a good memory I take it, m'lord?"

Thurfel nods to you.

You say, "I thought as much."

Thurfel says, "There has been no sign of the Grahnke thank goodness"

You say, "To have learned so much of magic."

You place a hand over your heart.

Thurfel says, "I was horrified it might rear its ugly head while we toured the keep"

You exclaim, "Aye, thank goodness!"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You say, "I hope not..."

Thurfel says, "the earring you wear is quite charming by the way milady"

You reach out and touch a carved quartz hummingbird earring.

You say, "Thank ye, m'lord."

You smile at Thurfel.

Lord Thurfel's group just went east.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Embedded into the ceiling is a massive growth of multi-colored coral that glows softly with an eerie phosphorescent light. From time to time, a thin, wiry tendril slowly peeks out from one of the many orifices of the coral and telescopes outward as if searching for something.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel
Obvious exits: east, west.

Thurfel says, "I love those coral"

You tilt your head up.

You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.

You say, "They do give a certain light."

You say, "Very different than candles."

You ask, "They are yet living coral, I take it?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "aye"

You ask, "and yer variation on the normal kind?"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "actually, I did not create them, they were living near shore"

You say, "Ah..."

You ask, "Native to the island?"

Thurfel says, "aye, quite pretty, come in many colors too"

You ask, "This island has its own special creatures then?"

You ask, "Any lavender ones?"

You chuckle at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "can't say that I remember any"

Thurfel grins.

Thurfel says, "they'd be a nice shade though"

Thurfel grins.

You say, "The light they provide is quite lovely."

You nod to Thurfel.

Lord Thurfel's group just went east.

[Thurfel's Keep]
As eclectic and bizarre as this keep might look, it still bears all of the standard protection that any fortress might provide its owner. Passage to or from the outside of the structure is guarded by a sturdy glaes portcullis that has been colored in the wildest pink imaginable. Numerous strands of colorful seashells that have been suspended from the ceiling are all that bar the path into the keep itself.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel, Jarthel, Natalita, Flindyl
Obvious exits: east, west.

Flindyl bows.

You smile at Flindyl.

Jarthel curtsies.

Thurfel says, "that completes the tour of the inner walls milady"

Flindyl asks, "How did ye like the tour, m'Lady?"

You smile at Jarthel.

You smile at Natalita.

Thurfel says, "only the beginning of our tour"

You say, "I enjoyed what I have seen thus far."

Flindyl asks, "Tis a grand place?"

Flindyl smiles at you.

You say, "Though I do agree with Lord Thurfel that he needs to commission a carpenter for some ladders."

Flindyl chuckles.

Jarthel chuckles.

You say, "Most unique to be sure, Flindyl."

You chuckle.

A voice booms out, "Sire, we are under attack"

You blink.

Jarthel furrows her brow.

Flindyl frowns.

You ask, "Attack?"

Flindyl gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Thurfel yells, "So kill them, why are you bothering us"

You see Jarthel Locarnath the Giantman Warrior.
She appears to be in her 210's, has very long dark brown hair, green eyes, and very dark skin.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a coral-studded axe in her right hand and a coral-studded shield in her left hand.
She is wearing some dark leather trousers, and some coral-studded plate armor.

Thurfel yells, "Its not as if they can get in here, Just slay them all"

You blink.

Thurfel yells, "Use the catapults you ninny!"

You cough.

Jarthel cracks her knuckles.

You ask, "Catapults?"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

Flindyl nods to you.

Flindyl says, "Big behemouth catapults."

Thurfel says, "aye"

Jarthel nods.

(Iscikella looks concerned.)

Thurfel says, "Can you believe the nerve milady"

You say, "Well, this attack does surprise me."

Thurfel says, "I told them I wished Icemule no bad intentions"

You say, "Many do doubt that, m'lord, I will admit, but..."

You bite your lip.

Thurfel says, "and here they are attacking us"

Jarthel scowls.

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

You sigh heavily.

Flindyl glances at a pink glaes portcullis.

You glance at a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel asks, "they dare bang on our gate?"

Flindyl says, "Perhaps I should be heating up some oil."

"Sire, they have a huge beast!"

Flindyl rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "I hope they realize is not a wise thing and retreat before too many are hurt."

Thurfel nods to you.

Jarthel nods to you.

You say, "I do not wish anyone hurt."

You wring your hands.

You glance at a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel says, "If they leave now..."

Flindyl says, "There is seldom reason with conflict."

Thurfel says, "nobody will get hurt"

Flindyl frowns.

Natalita snorts.

Thurfel yells, "Order them to leave the island Sentry"

You wring your hands.

Jarthel's entire body tenses as she tightens her grip on her coral-studded axe.

Thurfel yells, "Get the burning oil ready you buffoons!"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You exclaim, "Oh my!"

Thurfel says, "I can't believe they are ruining this tour milady"

Thurfel says, "I am so sorry."

Thurfel says, "would you please forgive me, this is the worst day of my life"

Thurfel says, "I had grand plans for this evening"

You say, "Is not yer fault, m'lord."

You rub Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "I so looked forward to some quiet time with you"

Thurfel says, "and now this"

Thurfel shakes his head.

Thurfel says, "a bit of wine..."

Thurfel says, "the moonlit night from above"

Thurfel exclaims, "and now some horrid beast and half of icemule is knocking on my door for what!"

You ask, "The Granhke is with them?"

You blink.

Thurfel peers quizzically at you.

Thurfel says, "hmm"

Thurfel scratches his chin.

Thurfel says, "he said beast"

Thurfel says, "I wonder"

You cock your head at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "Natalita, can you go topside and see what the beast looks like"

You say, "I thought that was what he meant by that."

You say, "But perhaps I am just nervous."

You nod.

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel says, "it didn't dawn on me it was intelligent enough to ally itself with others"

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel says, "they are persistent"

You ask, "Showed it signs of intelligence before?"

Thurfel says, "not as if they will break down the porcullis"

Thurfel says, "just brute strength"

Flindyl frowns.

You nod to Thurfel.

Flindyl shivers.

Jarthel shudders.

You see Flindyl Beantree the Halfling Bard.
He appears to be in his 70's, has short, wavy silver hair, grey eyes, and tanned skin.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a very sharp serving knife in his right hand and a embossed silver serving tray in his left hand.
He is wearing a golden carved haon mandolin set with amethysts, a dark royal purple velvet jerkin appliqued with gold silk diamonds, a pale lavender woven leine, a pair of dark gold velvet slops, and some royal purple silk tights.

Thurfel says, "not even a glimmer of light in its eyes"

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.
You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel says, "they are persistent"

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.
You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

Flindyl glances at a pink glaes portcullis.

You ask, "Then perhaps is not the Granhke... but what other beast?"

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

Jarthel glances at a pink glaes portcullis.

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

You glance at a pink glaes portcullis.

Flindyl exclaims, "Oh sirs... the portcullis!"

Thurfel says, "perhaps an overgrown gnome"

Thurfel chuckles.

Flindyl whimpers.

Jarthel chuckles.

Thurfel exclaims, "it is weakening!"

You feel the blood drain from your face.

You hear a bump from a pink glaes portcullis.

You say, "that is not good."

Thurfel yells, "To your posts men!"

Fullberry came through a pink glaes portcullis.

A massive armored Grahnke just came from under a pink glaes portcullis.

Flindyl says, "M'Lady, ye might wish to draw your..."

Fullberry swings a tri-bladed golden longsword at you!
AS: +727 vs DS: +33 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +22 = +757
... and hits for 309 points of damage!
Off-balanced slash!
Enough force to sever your left hand!
Amazing!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

You see Fullberry Berryfull the Halfling Warrior.
He appears to be in his 210's, has short, curly dark brown hair, green eyes, and fair skin.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a tri-bladed golden longsword in his right hand and a gold rolaren shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a bright gold tart pin, some golden halfling chain mail, a large blue sapphire suspended from a fine golden chain, a pair of brown leather boots, a golden mail sheath, a voluminous golden cloak, and a winged golden helm.

Thurfel exclaims, "the Grahnke!"

A massive armored Grahnke waves a massive iron-capped battering ram.

Flindyl gasps.

Lady Nanna came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Saberwolv came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Jarthel gasps.

Thurfel exclaims, "Nooooo!"

Nanna waves to Thurfel.

Flindyl swings a very sharp serving knife at Nanna!
AS: +0 vs DS: +696 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +11 = -647
A clean miss.
Not even close.

A massive armored Grahnke snorts.

Sheka came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Nanna raises an eyebrow in Flindyl's direction.

Thurfel gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Flindyl coughs.

A massive armored Grahnke waves a massive iron-capped battering ram.

You feel a tingle on your soul, as if a powerful hand is gently cradling it.

A snowshoe hare hops into the area.

Lord Ghrom came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel gestures at a massive armored Grahnke.
A void rips open in the area, directly above a massive armored Grahnke!
Shock wave of air slams a massive armored Grahnke into the ground!
+67 Hits.
A snowshoe hare gasps for air and is stunned!
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.

Lord Truekillr came through a pink glaes portcullis.

You hear the voice of Iansen exclaim, "Inexcusable!"

Fullberry exclaims, "There you are Thurfel!"

Nanna frowns at Thurfel.

Truekillr scowls.

Severius came through a pink glaes portcullis.

A massive armored Grahnke gasps.

Lady Maelani's group came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel exclaims, "how dare you!"

Fullberry exclaims, "You shall answer to me!"

Flindyl exclaims, "Who be these people!"

Thurfel exclaims, "you murderers!"

A massive armored Grahnke notices Severius botch an attempt at concealing himself.
A massive armored Grahnke notices Ghrom botch an attempt at concealing himself.

Maelani glances at Thurfel.

Quiethorne exclaims, "Thurfel!"

Fullberry exclaims, "Or I shall skewer you!"

Alterock's group came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Truekillr nods.

Madcap came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Thurfel gestures at Fullberry.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Fullberry!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Fullberry to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Fullberry drops dead at your feet!
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.

Alterock exclaims, "lets dance!"

Madcap gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Alterock's group just went east.

Flindyl glances at Fullberry.

Maelani blinks.

Nanna removes a rolaren awl-pike from in her leather weapons harness.

Nanna frowns at Thurfel.

Thurfel gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Sheka glances at you.

Natalita gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Madcap slings a silver falcon crested shield over his shoulder.

Thurfel gestures at a massive armored Grahnke.
A void rips open in the area, directly above a massive armored Grahnke!
Rather abrupt decompression causes a massive armored Grahnke to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny Grahnke bits shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
A number of items ranging from 13 to 24 feet from the void were sucked into the blackness. The void disappears without further incident.

Saberwolv says, "They hath slain th' lady"

Thurfel exclaims, "Heal the lady!"

Nanna waves a flaming rolaren awl-pike at Thurfel!
Fearsome streams of magical fire explode from the weapon, savagely immolating him!
... 40 points of damage!
Every bone in the left arm shattered and scattered about!
He is stunned!

Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.

Ghrom is apparently wrestling with a pink glaes portcullis.

Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.

You say, "This is what I feared... mass death."

Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.
Nanna waves her rolaren awl-pike around.

Madcap grabs Fullberry and tries to drag him, but he doesn't budge.

Sheka cackles!

Truekillr reaches down and grabs a hold of Fullberry's lifeless body.

Ghrom nods to you.

Madcap grabs Fullberry's body and drags it east with him.

Ghrom says, "fools"

Nanna thrusts with a flaming rolaren awl-pike at Thurfel!
AS: +431 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +45 = -502
A clean miss.
Nanna thrusts with a flaming rolaren awl-pike at Thurfel!
AS: +431 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +7 = -540
A clean miss.
Nanna thrusts with a flaming rolaren awl-pike at Thurfel!
AS: +431 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +100 = -447
A clean miss.

Nanna smirks.

Lord Haxley came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Maelani gazes up into the heavens.

Nanna raises her rolaren awl-pike skyward.
The wisps of orange flames surrounding the weapon vanish!

Flindyl swings a very sharp serving knife at Nanna!
AS: +401 vs DS: +676 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +67 = -170
A clean miss.
Not even close.

Nanna put a rolaren awl-pike in her leather weapons harness.

Maelani glances at Thurfel.

Nanna removes a transparent catoetine mace from in her leather weapons harness.

Lord Valicar's group came through a pink glaes portcullis.

Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +39 = -757
A clean miss.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +100 = -696
A clean miss.

Nanna seems to flinch momentarily as her weapon jerks in her hand. Suddenly she moves with blinding speed!
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +69 = -727
A clean miss.
Not even close.
A blast of air strikes Thurfel.
... 15 points of damage!
Good blow to right arm!
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +1 = -795
A clean miss.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +32 = -764
A clean miss.
Not even close.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +87 = -709
A clean miss.

Nanna seems to flinch momentarily as her weapon jerks in her hand. Suddenly she moves with blinding speed!
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +88 = -708
A clean miss.
A blast of air strikes Thurfel.
... 5 points of damage!
Strike glances off the chest.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +62 = -734
A clean miss.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +18 = -778
A clean miss.
Not even close.
Nanna swings a transparent catoetine mace at Thurfel!
AS: +170 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +64 = -732
A clean miss.
Not even close.

Lady Nanna just went west.

Maelani taps Thurfel lightly on his shoulder.

Lady Pyrocite came through a pink glaes portcullis.

You notice Flindyl slip into a hiding place.

Shonison gestures at Thurfel.
CS: +398 - TD: +925 + CvA: +15 + d100: +29 == -483
Warded off!

Natalita gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Sythren leaps from hiding to attack!
Sythren swings an opaque vultite falchion at Thurfel!
AS: +386 vs DS: +998 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +13 = -562
A clean miss.

Pyrocite waves the oaken wand at Thurfel.
The glazed look leaves Thurfel.

Quiethorne frowns.

Flindyl leaps from hiding to attack!
Flindyl swings a very sharp serving knife at Sythren!
AS: +401 vs DS: +808 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +67 = -305
A clean miss.

Thurfel waves his abalone sceptre at Thurfel!
Flames and fire explode outward from the sceptre, the heat intense. The raging inferno burns in every direction, then subsides.
Thurfel just vanished.

A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

Quiethorne says, "Stop this nonsense"

A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

With a snarling growl and bared teeth, a massive rabid guard dog rushes in.

Pyrocite laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

A delirious wall guardian charges into view, a surprised look on her face!

A maniacal sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

With a snarling growl and bared teeth, a massive rabid guard dog rushes in.

Maelani says, "Oh that's wonderful."

A crystal crab and company just arrived!

You exclaim, "Oh!"

A rabid guard dog rushes in!

A sand beetle snaps at Sythren with its pincer!
AS: +245 vs DS: +808 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +54 = -472
A clean miss.

A luminescent spindle-legged arachnid tries to bite Flindyl!
AS: +235 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +18 = +208
... and hits for 93 points of damage!
Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.
* Flindyl drops dead at your feet!

An enormous rabid guard dog rushes in!

A massive rabid guard dog snaps your neck in his mighty jaws!

A massive rabid guard dog rushes in!

Pyrocite smirks.

A maniacal sentry readjusts her shell-studded leathers.

A rock ptarmigan appears overhead, circling.

Lady Nanna just went east.

A massive rabid guard dog growls menacingly!

Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a maniacal sentry!
AS: +508 vs DS: +211 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +56 = +384
... and hits for 114 points of damage!
Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.
The maniacal sentry vainly tries to sound a warning, then collapses.

Pyrocite is apparently wrestling with a pink glaes portcullis.

A luminescent spindle-legged arachnid tries to bite Imraith!
AS: +235 vs DS: +729 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +11 = -450
A clean miss.

A snowshoe hare hops into the area.

Predest gestures.
A calm washes over a deranged sentry.
A calm washes over a wall guardian.
A calm washes over a sand beetle.
A calm washes over a luminescent spindle-legged arachnid.
A calm washes over a glittering pink crystal crab.
A calm washes over a frantic wall guardian.
A calm washes over a massive rabid guard dog.
A calm washes over a massive rabid guard dog.
A calm washes over a demented sentry.

Flindyl's spirit lets out a hollow moan.

Xris skillfully weaves another verse into his harmony, directing the sound of his voice at a deranged sentry.
A deranged sentry is enraged by Xris's attack!
The deranged sentry falls to the ground in a deep slumber.

A massive rabid guard dog is enraged by Predest's attack!
Predest swings a veniom-hilted falchion at a massive rabid guard dog!
AS: +378 vs DS: +269 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +53 = +198
... and hits for 55 points of damage!
Deft slash to the rabid guard dog's leg digs deep!
The rabid guard dog is stunned!

Gahdy suddenly fades into view.
Gahdy meditates over Taze.
Gahdy takes Taze's right arm damage.

Valicar looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Valicar whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

A deranged sentry is awakened by Valicar's attack!
Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a deranged sentry!
AS: +508 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +71 = +570
... and hits for 176 points of damage!
Massive blow smashes through ribs and drives the deranged sentry's heart out the back.
The deranged sentry vainly tries to shout a warning, then goes still.

A wall guardian is enraged by Valicar's attack!
Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a wall guardian!
AS: +508 vs DS: +170 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +74 = +442
... and hits for 116 points of damage!
Left hand severed at the wrist!
The wall guardian is stunned!

A sand beetle is angered by Valicar's attack!
Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a sand beetle!
AS: +508 vs DS: +165 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +83 = +455
... and hits for 125 points of damage!
Right hip pulped, severing the leg.
The sand beetle's legs give way and it lurches to the ground.

Pyrocite gestures.
Pyrocite suddenly disappears.

You say, "As I said mass death."

Natalita gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Natalita gestures at Predest.
CS: +741 - TD: +385 + CvA: +2 + d100: +55 == +413
Warding failed!
Predest is suddenly engulfed in brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 19 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Skin and some muscle burnt off chest.
He is stunned!
... 35 points of damage!
Head freezes solid and Predest topples over, shattering skull on impact.
* Predest drops dead at your feet!

A massive rabid guard dog shakes his head violently while trying to regain his bearings!

Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a wall guardian!
AS: +438 vs DS: +53 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +70 = +494
... and hits for 326 points of damage!
Hideously bright electrical bolt sends right leg into another universe. Happy traveling.
A wall guardian falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!
The wall guardian vainly tries to shout a warning, then goes still.

Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a sand beetle!
AS: +438 vs DS: +115 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +29 = +397
... and hits for 194 points of damage!
Hideously bright electrical bolt sends left leg into another universe. Happy traveling.

A luminescent spindle-legged arachnid is angered by Taze's attack!
Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a luminescent spindle-legged arachnid!
AS: +438 vs DS: +130 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +59 = +412
... and hits for 226 points of damage!
Massive electrical bolt burns a hole through the back and kidneys
The spindle-legged arachnid collapses to the ground and dies.

A glittering pink crystal crab is angered by Taze's attack!
Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a glittering pink crystal crab!
AS: +438 vs DS: +84 with AvD: +51 + d100 roll: +38 = +443
... and hits for 207 points of damage!
Hideously bright electrical bolt sends left arm into another universe. Happy traveling.
A glittering pink crystal crab twitches recklessly as it collapses and regurgitates a white fluid over its mangled left foreleg.
The pink crystal crab clacks its pincers a final agonizing time and dies.

Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a massive rabid guard dog!
AS: +438 vs DS: +155 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +32 = +365
... and hits for 222 points of damage!
Hideously bright electrical bolt sends left leg into another universe. Happy traveling.
The rabid guard dog yelps loudly as he collapses to the ground in obvious pain and favors his mangled left hind leg.

A massive rabid guard dog is angered by Taze's attack!
Taze hurls a powerful lightning bolt at a massive rabid guard dog!
AS: +438 vs DS: +177 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +62 = +373
... and hits for 232 points of damage!
Horrifying electrical shock converts head into blood-stained glass. Death is a step up.
The rabid guard dog collapses to the ground, emits a final yowlp and dies.

Iansen rubs a glass amulet.
Iansen suddenly disappears.

A massive rabid guard dog notices Sythren botch an attempt at concealing himself.

A sand beetle rears up momentarily and hisses loudly. A huge cloud of green gas pours from an orifice on the creature's underside!

Iansen fades into sight, coughing and choking!
CS: +188 - TD: +51 + CvA: +12 + d100: +65 == +214
Warding failed!

Shonison starts to cough and choke!
CS: +188 - TD: +258 + CvA: +12 + d100: +70 == +12
Warded off!

Sheka starts to cough and choke!
CS: +188 - TD: +51 + CvA: +15 + d100: +8 - +10 == +150
Warding failed!

Saberwolv starts to cough and choke!
CS: +188 - TD: +144 + CvA: +12 + d100: +22 - +10 == +68
Warded off!

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "dang it"

A massive rabid guard dog shakes his head violently while trying to regain his bearings!

Valicar looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Valicar whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a sand beetle!
AS: +508 vs DS: +115 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +83 = +505
... and hits for 166 points of damage!
A mighty blow cleaves a swath through the sand beetle's back, taking the spine with it.
The sand beetle kicks a leg one last time and lies still.

Valicar swings a well-balanced silvery rolaren warmace at a massive rabid guard dog!
AS: +508 vs DS: +191 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +4 = +352
... and hits for 151 points of damage!
A mighty blow cleaves a swath through the rabid guard dog's back, taking the spine with it.
The rabid guard dog lets out a final whimpering sigh and dies.

Natalita gestures at Taze.
CS: +741 - TD: +548 + CvA: +2 + d100: +21 - -5 == +221
Warding failed!
Taze is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... and hits for 80 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Heavy shock to chest illuminates ribcage. Cool!
He is stunned!
... 10 points of damage!
Almost missed! Bet Taze wants warm pockets now.
... 15 points of damage!
Visible wisps of electricity shoot up right arm. Youch!
... 20 points of damage!
Heavy shock gives Taze fits!
* Taze drops dead at your feet!

Iansen is apparently wrestling with a pink glaes portcullis.

The rock ptarmigan descends to the ground and lands nearby.

Kudra sobs.

Iansen just went east.

Natalita casts into the air above her head and a rip appears in the sky! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!
A snowshoe hare is knocked over by the wind!
A snowshoe hare grabs hold of the ground to keep from being sucked into the void!
A rock ptarmigan is knocked over by the wind!
A rock ptarmigan grabs hold of the ground to keep from being sucked into the void!
Shonison is knocked over by the wind!
Shonison scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Cryheart is knocked over by the wind!
Cryheart scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Kudra is knocked over by the wind!
Kudra scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Xris is knocked over by the wind!
Xris scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Ruffelin is knocked over by the wind!
Ruffelin scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Imraith is knocked over by the wind!
Imraith scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Valicar is knocked over by the wind!
Valicar scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Quiethorne is knocked over by the wind!
Quiethorne scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Maelani is knocked over by the wind!
Maelani scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Sheka is knocked over by the wind!
Sheka scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Saberwolv is knocked over by the wind!
Saberwolv scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Jarthel is knocked over by the wind!
Jarthel scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!

Saberwolv says, "Th' dogs are feedin on Isckella"

Saberwolv gazes up into the heavens.

Valicar says, "Get Taze up"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "I am so sorry m'Lady, that these rude people have killed you."

The maniacal sentry decays into a grisly pile of armor, blood, and bone.

Kudra says, "Ok"

Valicar says, "clear the void"

Valicar says, "clear the void"

Kudra says, "I'll do it"

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "cant"

The deranged sentry decays into a grisly pile of armor, blood, and bone.

Xris stands up.

Sheka stands up.

Maelani stands up.

Quiethorne asks, "Natalita...what are you doing?"

Ruffelin just pulled Taze's lifeless body into his arms.

A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area. It begins to spin faster and faster, congealing into a large upright disk. The mist slows its spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.

The black void continues to suck the air out of the area!
Air is sucked away from Drizzsdt!
Drizzsdt's fingernails fly off as blood spurts from the jagged stumps!
+24 Hits.
Drizzsdt is stunned!
Shonison is not affected.
Air is sucked away from Cryheart!
Forceful decompression nearly turns Cryheart inside out!
+86 Hits.
Cryheart is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Kudra!
Blood begins to gush from Kudra's nose and ears!
+24 Hits.
Kudra is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Xris!
Debris strikes Xris in the leg.
+16 Hits.
Xris's krodera-studded brigandine protects his legs from injury.
Air is sucked away from Ruffelin!
Ruffelin's ears pop audibly.
+2 Hits.
Air is sucked away from Gahdy!
Debris slams into Gahdy's head!
+38 Hits.
Gahdy is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Imraith!
Roaring winds confuse Imraith.
+8 Hits.
Imraith is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Valicar!
Debris strikes Valicar in the leg.
+11 Hits.
Valicar is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Sythren!
Roaring winds confuse Sythren.
+8 Hits.
Sythren is stunned!
Quiethorne is not affected.
Maelani is not affected.
Air is sucked away from Sheka!
Debris strikes Sheka in the leg.
+16 Hits.
Sheka is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Saberwolv!
Blood begins to gush from Saberwolv's nose and ears!
+16 Hits.
Saberwolv is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Jarthel!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Jarthel to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Jarthel drops dead at your feet!

Tophal steps out of the swirling mist.
The swirling mist begins to speed up as it spirals back into the opening and fades away.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "why did she kill me"

Natalita gestures at Tophal.
CS: +741 - TD: +307 + CvA: +14 + d100: +20 - -5 == +473
Warding failed!
Tophal is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... and hits for 32 points of damage!
... 60 points of damage!
Tophal fails to avoid the icy blast and that, as the story goes, is it!
* Tophal drops dead at your feet!

Maelani says, "Uhm."

You say, "Flindyl, is just too much death..."

Quiethorne clasps Maelani's hand tenderly.

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

Natalita gestures at Maelani.
CS: +741 - TD: +366 + CvA: +14 + d100: +22 == +411
Warding failed!
Maelani is suddenly engulfed in an explosion of pure essence and brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 144 points of damage!
... 28 points of damage!
Brrrrr! That was a cold blow to the chest!
* Maelani drops dead at your feet!

Quiethorne gestures.
Quiethorne is surrounded by a brilliant swirling mist and vanishes!

A small whirlwind races past the area.

A gyrfalcon appears overhead, circling.

The ptarmigan squawks, "Master!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest exclaim, "get her!!!"

Kudra just went west.

Saberwolv stands up.

A warm glow begins to emanate from Maelani's body.

Valicar says, "moving"

The black void has almost sucked all air out of the area!
Air is sucked away from Drizzsdt!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Drizzsdt to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Drizzsdt drops dead at your feet!
Shonison is not affected.
Air is sucked away from Cryheart!
Forceful decompression nearly turns Cryheart inside out!
+96 Hits.
* Cryheart drops dead at your feet!
Air is sucked away from Xris!
Debris strikes Xris in the leg.
+17 Hits.
Xris's krodera-studded brigandine protects his legs from injury.
Air is sucked away from Ruffelin!
Vitreous fluid boils in Ruffelin's eyes, causing them to burst!
+43 Hits.
Ruffelin is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Gahdy!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Gahdy to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Gahdy drops dead at your feet!
Air is sucked away from Imraith!
Debris strikes Imraith in the leg.
+17 Hits.
Imraith is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Valicar!
Valicar's fingernails fly off as blood spurts from the jagged stumps!
+19 Hits.
Valicar is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Sythren!
Debris strikes Sythren in the leg.
+12 Hits.
Sythren's vultite leg greaves protects his legs from injury.
Air is sucked away from Sheka!
Forceful decompression nearly turns Sheka inside out!
+96 Hits.
* Sheka drops dead at your feet!
Air is sucked away from Saberwolv!
Blood spurts out of every pore and orifice in Saberwolv's body!
+58 Hits.
Saberwolv is stunned!

Natalita gestures at Saberwolv.
CS: +741 - TD: +206 + CvA: +12 + d100: +11 - -5 == +563
Warding failed!
Saberwolv is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... and hits for 48 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to left hand. Gonna need lots of butter.
... 25 points of damage!
Pieces of an icy substance slice Saberwolv's abdomen to shreds!
* Saberwolv drops dead at your feet!

The ptarmigan launches itself into the air, stands, squawks, "I will find help, Master!" and swoops off.

You hear the ghostly voice of Maelani say, "Oh damn."

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "I know m'Ladys, I know. tis a shame."

Xris just tried to pull Valicar to his feet, but Valicar couldn't stand on his own and he falls over!

The spirit of Flindyl sighs softly, raising the hairs on the back of your neck.

Quiethorne suddenly appears in a flash of brilliant light.

Xris just tried to pull Valicar to his feet, but Valicar couldn't stand on his own and he falls over!

Quiethorne reaches down and tenderly cradles Maelani's lifeless hand in his.

A rock ptarmigan appears overhead, circling.

Shonison just tried to pull Valicar to his feet, but Valicar couldn't stand on his own and he falls over!

Xris just tried to pull Valicar to his feet, but Valicar couldn't stand on his own and he falls over!

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Your anger gives way to the beast"

Shonison just tried to pull Valicar to his feet, but Valicar couldn't stand on his own and he falls over!

Quiethorne gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Quiethorne gestures.
Quiethorne is surrounded by a brilliant swirling mist and vanishes!

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "get her"

Natalita gestures into the air.
Nothing happens.
A small whirlwind races through the area.
The black void has sucked all air out of the area!
Shonison is not affected.
Air is sucked away from Xris!
Vitreous fluid boils in Xris's eyes, causing them to burst!
+53 Hits.
Xris is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Ruffelin!
Blood begins to gush from Ruffelin's nose and ears!
+31 Hits.
Air is sucked away from Imraith!
Forceful decompression nearly turns Imraith inside out!
+116 Hits.
Imraith is stunned!
Air is sucked away from Valicar!
Forceful decompression nearly turns Valicar inside out!
+86 Hits.
Air is sucked away from Sythren!
Debris slams into Sythren's head!
+38 Hits.
Sythren is stunned!

A warm glow begins to emanate from Cryheart's body.

The gyrfalcon looks around quickly.

The rock ptarmigan swoops off.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Myrefalcon.

Natalita gestures at Myrefalcon.
CS: +741 - TD: +507 + CvA: +12 + d100: +64 - -5 == +315
Warding failed!
Myrefalcon is suddenly engulfed in brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 213 points of damage!
* Myrefalcon drops dead at your feet!

Valicar stands up.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "guess that was implosion"

Lord Valicar's group just went east.

Natalita gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
As soon as the void sucks all the air up around it, it explodes with great fury! Air is pushed out with tremendous force!
Air slams into Xris!
Strike to Xris's abdomen.
His krodera-studded brigandine protects his abdomen from destruction.
+18 Hits.
Air slams into Imraith!
Blast annihilates entire skeleton.
Reduced to a gelatinous pulp.
* Imraith has been vaporized!
* Imraith drops dead at your feet!
Air slams into Sythren!
Blast annihilates entire skeleton.
Reduced to a gelatinous pulp.
* Sythren has been vaporized!
* Sythren drops dead at your feet!

The snowshoe hare stands back up.

Gigehe's group came through a shattered pink portcullis.

A rock ptarmigan appears overhead, circling.

A warm glow begins to emanate from Saberwolv's body.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "ack"

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon ask, "what the heck?"

Natalita gestures at Allanor.
CS: +741 - TD: +291 + CvA: +2 + d100: +90 - -5 == +547
Warding failed!
Allanor is suddenly engulfed in brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 114 points of damage!
... 35 points of damage!
Explosive bolt of electricity vaporized neck. Head drops to shoulders then on ground. Never knew what hit 'em.
* Allanor drops dead at your feet!

Gigehe is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

Ruffelin just arrived, dragging the body of Valicar behind him.

You ask, "Is the keep burning?"

Sheka gives a ghostly chuckle.

Gigehe gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

You hear the ghostly voice of Allanor say, "natalia why ya do dat"

Lord Ruffelin just went east.

You see a wave of energy emanate from Barvel toward Taze. It coalesces around his body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around the body.

Gigehe smiles.

Lord Shonison just arrived.

Raulda says, "come out Alamor your Wretch"

Sorkin says, "ouch"

The rock ptarmigan waits patiently.

Gigehe chuckles.

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "thanks"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "get word out..regroup outside portcullis"

Alterock's group just arrived.

Natalita just went east.

Gigehe nods.

Lugubrious says, "RUN"

The gyrfalcon stretches one of its great wings and then the other.

The rock ptarmigan looks hopefully at Gigehe.

Alorne says, "Oy vey"

Sorkin says, "ok"

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

The snowshoe hare sits down.

Gigehe exclaims, "Son, help perseve the bodies!"

Shonison asks, "which way?"

Cerbs says, "What th' 'ell was dat Natalia? yah coned 'im"

Lugubrious exclaims, "not good!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "get word out..regroup outside portcullis"

The rock ptarmigan looks hopefully at Gigehe.

Cerbs nods.

Psiodon babbles something unintelligible.

Lord Shonison just went west.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "i am departing"

Sorkin says, "word out"

Lord Shonison just arrived.

Barvel recites:
"Ok Lord Valicar"

You hear voices above, "Somebody save the lady!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka say, "You think to stand against Thurfel"

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Shonison says, "we're surrounded"

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Erm...stoopid sorceress"

Barvel is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

Braxus kicks some dirt on the corpse of Sheka.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest exclaim, "someone kill her!!"

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down

Xris says, "ye gads help need blood"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl exclaim, "M'Lord Thurfel did nothing to ye, ye brutes!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "natalita? why you Kill me I done nothing to you"

Natalita cackles!

Barvel is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "she killed us all Myrefalcon"

You hear the ghostly voice of Jarthel exclaim, "Filty invaders!"

Natalita says, "You broke into my home"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "You harmed our liege."

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Natalita is merely attempting to protect th' keep."

You say, "So much chaos..."

A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "I was not attacking the damn keep"

A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!
A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!
A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

A glittering pink crystal crab skitters out from behind a nearby sandbank, its pincers raised in challenge!

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Though...her anger gives way to evil"

A frantic wall guardian charges into view, a surprised look on his face!

Cerbs says, "Bah..I will fine her"

A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!
A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!
A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!
A demented sentry charges in, shouting a warning!

Barvel is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

Cerbs says, "Sentries"

Natalita asks, "you break into our home and expect no fight?"

Braxus gestures at a demented sentry.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a demented sentry! One of the thorns jabs into it!
... hits for 14 points of damage!
... 35 points of damage!
Strike clean through neck, what a shot! Good form!
The demented sentry vainly tries to sound a warning, then collapses.

Raulda bashes the pink portcullis with her silver alloy waraxe.

A delirious wall guardian charges into view, a surprised look on his face!

You hear the ghostly voice of Cryheart say, "da long arm of the law"

A delirious wall guardian charges into view, a surprised look on her face!

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "Sense acts of senselessness."

A glittering green crystal crab skitters out from behind a nearby sandbank, its pincers raised in challenge!

Natalita gestures at Sorkin.
CS: +741 - TD: +300 + CvA: +2 + d100: +63 == +506
Warding failed!
Sorkin is suddenly engulfed in brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Flames incinerate muscle tissue in neck exposing the trachea. More than you ever wanted to see.
He is stunned!
... 10 points of damage!
Heavy spark to right arm. Gonna hurt tomorrow.
... 10 points of damage!
Heavy spark to right arm. Gonna hurt tomorrow.
... 10 points of damage!
Sorkin just got the cold shoulder!
... 10 points of damage!
Sorkin looks as if a hot foot would feel good about now!
... 50 points of damage!
Electrical charge toasts Sorkin. You get a sharp whiff of burning hair.
* Sorkin drops dead at your feet!

A glittering pink crystal crab snaps its pincers, while swaying erratically.

Barvel is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "kill her"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "kill Natilita"

Braxus gestures at a demented sentry.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a demented sentry! One of the thorns jabs into it!
... hits for 11 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, the demented sentry makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!
The demented sentry vainly tries to sound a warning, then collapses.

You hear the ghostly voice of Allanor say, "somebody get natalita"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "someone take her out"

A glittering pink crystal crab teeters on its thorax.

Nanna just arrived.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "kill natal"

Shonison says, "Nanna, kill her"

Natalita gestures.
CS: +741 - TD: +602 + CvA: +14 + d100: +97 - -5 == +255
Warding failed!
... and hits for 102 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Right hand fried to a crisp. Think barbecue sauce.
She is stunned!
... 35 points of damage!
Icy shards slice through Natalita's neck...leaving breathing no longer necessary -- or possible!
* Natalita drops dead at your feet!

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "take out natalia"

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "take out natalia"

Gigehe is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

Herachio says, "can't cast"

Barvel asks, "dang it how do we get outside?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sorkin exclaim, "Natalita killed me!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest exclaim, "good job!!!"

Gigehe is apparently wrestling with a shattered pink portcullis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "take out natalita"

The ghostly laughter of Saberwolv echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

You say, "Crabs in here too."

Herachio says, "yet she is"

You hear the ghostly voice of Allanor say, "haha she kilt herlself"

You hear the ghostly voice of Allanor say, "thanks natalita"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka say, "Someone prop my dead body against the wall that my dead eyes may see"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "well done Nata"

You hear the ghostly voice of Imraith say, "she's out"

Harmish snickers.

You hear the ghostly voice of Allanor say, "nobody lk natalita"

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "shes dead"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sythren say, "she killed herself."

Taze gives a ghostly chuckle.

You say, "I can't keep track of what is going on..."

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "I expected no less from a sorceress"

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "preserve her"

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "shonison"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "LK her and let her lie awhile"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sorkin exclaim, "Natalita ya owe me a deed!"

Lord Thurfel just arrived.

You see Lord Thurfel Morpholik the Halfling Wizard.
He appears to be in his 120's, has short, curly sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and pale skin.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a pearlescent abalone sceptre in his right hand and a small coral shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a singed crabshell pouch, some very scorched robes, and a heavily runed components satchel.

Gigehe smiles at Thurfel.

To your utter amazement, Drizzsdt's mouth opens and a terrible scream of rage comes out along with a wall of force that ripples out from Drizzsdt's pale body

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "no one rezzers her till this is over"

Cerbs nods.

Thurfel exclaims, "leave my castle!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze ask, "raisers?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl exclaim, "She owes ye no such thing, ye rude guttersnipe. Ye broke into our keep!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "agreed but keep her here"

Gigehe says, "Halflin ye are.. cleaver one as well."

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "watch it "

Thurfel exclaims, "All of ye, leave!"

The rock ptarmigan waits patiently.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sorkin say, "no you villian"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "Ye harm our liege."

Cerbs asks, "I will raise..who needs it most?"

Gigehe says, "We are working on it sir."

Gigehe smiles at Thurfel.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I fear for ye."

Damsall says, "Nice place ye has here"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sorkin exclaim, "leave our town!"

Thurfel says, "raise Iscikella"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sythren say, "i needs healing."

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "get valicar up"

Damsall says, "Needs some decorating"

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "Thurfel is the despoiler of Icemule"

Cerbs glances at Thurfel.

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "get the general up"

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "asap"

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Thurfel, yer own minions hath attacked Iscikella"

Thurfel rubs you gently.

You hear the ghostly voice of Valicar say, "he has burned us, and attacked us, and we are tired of it"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "Thurfel is the scourge"

You say, "Do not worry for me."

Pyrocite bows to Thurfel.

Thurfel just opened a shattered pink portcullis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka say, "This town belongs to those much more powerful than it's inbred residents"

Sheka gives a ghostly chuckle.

Shonison says, "I will fog the general out"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "Tis a lie! We did no such thing. And the fair lass knows it."

Thurfel says, "leave immediately"

Thurfel hugs you.

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "sheesh I thought I was doing a simple rescue not foging into a war"

Nanna waves to Thurfel.

You say, "Myre, that is the way of life I am afraid."

Thurfel gestures at Nanna.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Nanna!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Nanna to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Nanna drops dead at your feet!
A rock ptarmigan gasps for air and is stunned!
Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.

Lady Ilvane came through a shattered pink portcullis.

Thurfel waves to Nanna.

Pyrocite laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Pyrocite applauds.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sythren exclaim, "gah!"

Nanna gives a ghostly chuckle.

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna say, "That was mean"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Odevalis.

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Pyrocite says, "That was...beautiful."

Ilvane glances at Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "somebody please bring Iscikella back to life"

Gigehe smiles at Thurfel.

Odevalis rubs you gently.

Gigehe says, "Very well then."

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Worry not for me."

You feel the touch of the hand leave your soul.

Odevalis kneels down.

Gigehe kneels down.

Ilvane says, "I was just goin to ask you how she died."

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon ask, "does anybody have preservation?"

You see a wave of energy emanate from Allanor toward you. It coalesces around your body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around your body.

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "M'Lord, I am heartened to see ye are alive, and not overmuch dead."

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka say, "She needs it fast"

An arctic fox pads into the area.

You hear the ghostly voice of Natalita say, "aye"

Gigehe begins to do his best to mend your wounded hand.

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna say, "you know all ya had to do was talk to me Thurfel, now I have to come back and kill you, if someone else doesn't before me"

Xris asks, "who else needs presvervation?"

The spirit of Sorkin begins to wail eerily.

You hear the ghostly voice of Imraith say, "me"

You hear the ghostly voice of Imraith say, "I think"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sorkin say, "i wanta depart"

Kudra says, "oh my"

Alterock says, "stay"

Thurfel says, "all you have to do is turn to dust and leave me alone"

You say, "So much chaos..."

Alterock exclaims, "i need blood!"

You hear the voice of Raulda ask, "who else?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "he's a dead man"

Thurfel nods to Pyrocite.

The rock ptarmigan circles anxiously.

Ilvane removes a white flask from in her black silk cloak.

The arctic fox raises its ears.

Kudra asks, "heal my head?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Natalita say, "I need the touch of life."

Braxus says, "who need flask"

Pyrocite smiles.

Kudra says, "I can't cast"

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna ask, "yeah, well, that's not likely to happen is it?"

Ilvane forces Natalita's mouth open, and pours in a small amount from her white flask.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka say, "Why do you not let Thurfel do what he has to do? He is not harming you"

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest exclaim, "let her rot!!"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Tarmonus.

You hear the ghostly voice of Taze say, "someone heal kudra"

Kudra says, "lost my weapon babe"

The arctic fox growls, "Lady Ilvane are you okay?"

The arctic fox sits down.

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Tarmonus...."

Saberwolv gives a ghostly chuckle.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "oh no"

Pyrocite leans on her scythe.

The rock ptarmigan circles anxiously.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest ask, "how?"

Kudra says, "I need my head healed, and I can help riase"

Gigehe rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ilvane says, "I am just fine."

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "Such a surprise"

Ilvane smiles.

Tarmonus cackles!

You say, "this was what I feared..."

The arctic fox begins to watch the goings on carefully.

Lord Arianiss's group came through a shattered pink portcullis.

Arianiss says, "Damn."

Odevalis rubs you gently.

Kudra says, "think a sentry got it, I'm not sure"

Arianiss reaches out and holds Thurfel's hand.

You say, "Just death..."

You hear the voice of Raulda ask, "who else needs k?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "Now I know why I try to stay apolitical"

Ilvane pets the arctic fox.

Thurfel says, "I am so sorry milady"

The gyrfalcon stretches one of its great wings and then the other.

Kudra asks, "anyone heal my head?"

You say, "Everyplace death..."

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Ilvane nods to you.

(Pyrocite glances at all the corpses with distaste.)

Armaxis runs his hand softly over the surface of his bronze Luukos symbol. A sickly glow surrounds the symbol as its surface shimmers for a moment with the image of a green serpent on a field of brown.

Odevalis glances at Arianiss.

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "I have to be reminded from time to time"

You hear the ghostly voice of Sheka exclaim, "Is it not glorious!"

Pyrocite nods to Armaxis.

Cerbs glances at Sheka.

You hear the ghostly voice of Predest say, "don't start with her Thurfel"

Armaxis says, "The Lord of Death feastsss well this night, yes."

Kudra asks, "healer?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "no good deed gos unpunished"

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl ask, "M'Lady Iscikella, how be ye?"

Ilvane glares at Armaxis.

The ghostly laughter of Sheka echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "I thank ye for yer concern for me."

Sabitor coughs.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Morandas.

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna ask, "You'd choose that slut healer over me Thurfel?"

Thurfel nods to Sabitor.

You hear the ghostly voice of Cryheart say, "I think not...great Kai"

You say, "I am bound presently, Flindyl."

The ghostly laughter of Predest echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Morandas asks, "who isnt kept?"

Thurfel says, "I'd choose seaweed over you"

Thurfel chuckles.

Nanna gives a ghostly chuckle.

You hear the ghostly voice of Jarthel exclaim, "I need life to defend my liege!"

You hear the ghostly voice of Natalita say, "Nanna I will have your dead body once again"

Kudra asks, "can ya get an empath up, Morandas?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna say, "You seem to have quite a love afair with it already"

Pyrocite leans on Armaxis.

Thurfel touches you.

The arctic fox growls, "Lord Thurnock is worried about you Lady Ilvane, he says to be careful"

Armaxis nods to Sabitor.

Odevalis smiles at Arimantis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Nanna ask, "you will have my dead body once again?"

Pyrocite says, "You missed the carnage. it was..wonderful."

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

Nanna gives a ghostly chuckle.

Ilvane smiles.

The arctic fox pants.

Damsall says, "As per yer order Valicar Citizens be kept, least the ones I saw keep leave"

Sabitor says, "Bah."

Arianiss reaches out and holds Sabitor's hand.

Ilvane falls to her knees beside your body and wails mournfully!

Morandas asks, "ok, which empaths are here?"

You hear the ghostly voice of Myrefalcon say, "gods I am a weakling she killed me easily"

Kudra sighs.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Zentalin.

Ilvane sighs.

Braxus draws a glowing pattern in the air before Sabitor.
CS: +166 - TD: +64 + CvA: +8 + d100: +62 == +172
Warding failed!
Sabitor's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.

Thurfel faces Arianiss, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!
Thurfel opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.

Arianiss gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arianiss gestures at Braxus.
CS: +321 - TD: +241 + CvA: +12 + d100: +86 == +178
Warding failed!
His eyes cloud over, becoming a milky blue.

You hear the ghostly voice of Gahdy say, "empath here"

Ilvane just pulled your lifeless body into her arms.

Sabitor awakens startled.

Arianiss reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in his.

Gigehe says, "Dont attack anyone."

Sabitor exclaims, "Bah!"

Arianiss gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arianiss gestures.
A brilliant light bathes you as your surroundings blur for a moment...

[Sanctuary]
A grey, swirling mist surrounds you, its tendrils creeping around your feet and twisting into a thick, translucent mass that vaguely forms a curved wall around the chamber. A feeling of calmness and protection passes over you as you sense that nothing harmful may pass the swirling walls.
Also in the room: Lord Thurfel, Lord Arianiss, Armaxis, Lord Sabitor
Obvious exits: out.

Arianiss carefully diagnoses your injuries.

Thurfel says, "thank you"

Sabitor closes his eyes for a moment.

Arianiss says, "As you wish my lord."

Arianiss just kneeled down and pulled your lifeless body into his arms.
Arianiss gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You ask, "Where am I?"

(Arianiss presses his hand to Iscikella's forehead.)
Arianiss closes his eyes for a moment.
Arianiss places his hands beneath his chin and turns his eyes up to the heavens.
Arianiss continues to beseech the gods for mercy and guidance.
Arianiss gestures at you.
Arianiss suddenly looks very drained.
You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

Sabitor says, "How misfortunate that keep should be opened this way."

Sabitor winces.

Armaxis gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Armaxis gestures at you.
You are no longer stunned.

Armaxis says, "Indeed."

You sit up.

You blink.

Sabitor glances at you.

Thurfel hugs you.

Armaxis says, "But fools are rewarded in the only ways fools must be rewarded -- with death."

Sabitor chuckles.

You recover enough strength to move again.

Arianiss gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Arianiss gestures.
A sphere of pure white light appears above you.
A wispy tendril of pure magic reaches out to encircle Arianiss and those nearby.
You feel more secure basking in the glow of divine protection.
Arianiss stands up.

You say, "I thank ye, m'lord, for the life, though..."

You blush a delicate shade of pink.

Armaxis says, "You need to talk to those rock-throwers of yours."

Armaxis nods to Thurfel.

Sabitor frowns.

Thurfel says, "they aim poorly"

Thurfel asks, "they get you?"

Armaxis says, "I was busy trying to destroy that Grahnke and they...aimed bad."

Armaxis stares off into space.

Thurfel shakes his head.

Armaxis nods to Thurfel.

Thurfel says, "my apologies"

Sabitor furrows his brow.

Thurfel says, "and they are untrained"

Arianiss whispers to the group, "When Iscikella is done healing, I'll drop the sanctuary."

Armaxis says, "Quite alright, the screamsss of the dying were very pleasing indeed."

Sabitor smirks.

You glance at Armaxis.

You whisper quietly to Thurfel, "Please, m'lord, stop it. The deaths... The blood... Please stop it all."

You say, "Why is death always the answer."

You sigh softly.

Arianiss asks, "Who attacked who?"

Sabitor says, "They brought this unto themselves."

Thurfel says, "I do not know milady"

You say, "Life should be the answer."

Armaxis says, "Because life is only temporary."

Sabitor chuckles.

Thurfel says, "but you were slain by the very forces you seek to defend"

Arianiss whispers, "Ready?"

You nod to Arianiss.

A bright light surrounds you and your visions of sanctuary slowly fade...

[Thurfel's Keep]
As eclectic and bizarre as this keep might look, it still bears all of the standard protection that any fortress might provide its owner. Passage to or from the outside of the structure is guarded by a sturdy glaes portcullis that has been colored in the wildest pink imaginable. Numerous strands of colorful seashells that have been suspended from the ceiling are all that bar the path into the keep itself. You also see a white cat, an arctic fox, a white flask, a golden topaz and a rock ptarmigan that is flying around.
Also here: Lord Herachio, Lady Jadall, Leduec, Khaitiff, Ramulus, Lord Braxus, Bermit, Cerbs, Gigehe, Rtune, Siafu, Traylyn, the body of Lord Ghrom who is lying down, Lord Shaalken, Lady Shaey, the body of Lady Kyirer who is lying down, Madcap, Lady Titaniia, the body of Lord Ruffelin who is lying down, a stunned Lord Zentalin who is lying down, Quiethorne, Lady Maelani, the body of Alorne who is lying down, Arimantis, Lord Tarmonus, Lady Odevalis who is kneeling, Lady Ilvane, the body of Lady Nanna who is lying down, Lady Pyrocite, Damsall, Lord Xris, the body of Natalita who is lying down, the body of Allanor who is lying down, the body of Lord Myrefalcon who is lying down, the body of Lord Tophal who is lying down, Gahdy, the body of Lady Imraith who is lying down, the body of Sythren who is lying down, the body of Saberwolv who is lying down, the body of Jarthel who is lying down, the body of Flindyl who is lying down
Obvious paths: east, west.

Thurfel suddenly appears in a flash of brilliant light.
Arianiss suddenly appears in a flash of brilliant light.
Armaxis suddenly appears in a flash of brilliant light.
Sabitor suddenly appears in a flash of brilliant light.

Leduec says, "what a mess"

Maelani glances at Thurfel.

Sabitor mutters under his breath.

You hear the ghostly voice of Saberwolv say, "There we are"

You say, "I realize this, my lord, but..."

You hear the ghostly voice of Ruffelin say, "Uh oh"

Quiethorne says, "Thurfel"

Odevalis tries to hug you but ends up just bumping into you.

Madcap glances at Thurfel.

Titaniia glances at Thurfel.

You sigh.

Thurfel whispers, "please go to safety"

Ilvane stares at Arianiss.

(Maelani glances at Thurfel and then glances at her cloak)

The rock ptarmigan looks hopefully at Arianiss.

Titaniia glances at Armaxis.

You hear the ghostly voice of Flindyl say, "Ah sirs! I am glad to see ye well."

You nod.

Madcap swings a wicked silver falchion at Thurfel!
AS: +672 vs DS: +1236 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +77 = -450
A clean miss.
Not even close.

Odevalis stands up.

Ilvane reaches out and holds your hand.

Arianiss swings a silver-hilted blue vultite falchion at Madcap!
AS: +247 vs DS: +70 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +29 = +227
... and hits for 8 points of damage!
Blow to the head causes Madcap's ears to ring!

Gigehe sighs.

Pyrocite glances at Madcap.

Titaniia asks, "You have somethin ta do with this, snakeboy?"

Thurfel peers quizzically at Madcap.

Odevalis glances at Arianiss.

Arianiss swings a silver-hilted blue vultite falchion at Madcap!
AS: +297 vs DS: +70 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +6 = +254
... and hits for 9 points of damage!
Slash to Madcap's left leg hits high!
Kinda makes your knees weak, huh?

Titaniia hurls herself at Arianiss and connects!
MS: +322 - MD: +196 + MAvA: -20 + d100: +80 == +186
Success!
Titaniia knocks Arianiss flat and quickly jumps to her feet!

Odevalis sighs.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Embedded into the ceiling is a massive growth of multi-colored coral that glows softly with an eerie phosphorescent light. From time to time, a thin, wiry tendril slowly peeks out from one of the many orifices of the coral and telescopes outward as if searching for something. You also see a glittering green crystal crab who appears rather calm, a glittering green crystal crab, a rabid guard dog, an enormous rabid guard dog, a demented sentry who appears rather calm, a massive rabid guard dog, a massive rabid guard dog, a delirious wall guardian, a delirious wall guardian, a delirious wall guardian, a luminescent spindle-legged arachnid, a wall guardian, a glittering green crystal crab, a luminescent spindle-legged arachnid, a sand beetle who appears rather calm, a glittering pink crystal crab who appears rather calm, a glittering pink crystal crab, a massive rabid guard dog, a deranged sentry and a maniacal sentry who appears rather calm.
Also here: Lord Herachio, the body of Severius who is lying down
Obvious paths: east, west.

(Iscikella looks at yet another corpse, feeling dazed and sick to her stomach.)

A rabid guard dog tries to bite you!
AS: +68 vs DS: +60 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +71 = +129
... and hits for 29 points of damage!
Right kneecap smashed into pulp.
You are stunned for 3 rounds!

A luminescent spindle-legged arachnid just scurried in.

An enormous rabid guard dog lunges at you!
An enormous rabid guard dog grabs your hand in his mouth and shakes his head back and forth viciously!
... 15 points of damage!
Shot to the hand slices a finger to the bone!

A wall guardian swings a jewel-hafted golvern morning star at you!
AS: +148 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +68 = +209
... and hits for 96 points of damage!
Incredible shot impales a kidney. Too painful to even scream.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

A wall guardian lets out a victorious shout!

You see a wave of energy emanate from Herachio toward you. It coalesces around your body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around your body.

A massive rabid guard dog rushes in!

Gigehe's group just arrived.

Gigehe gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Herachio says, "Gigehe"

The deranged sentry vainly tries to sound a warning, then collapses.

Gigehe smiles.

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it east with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
As eclectic and bizarre as this keep might look, it still bears all of the standard protection that any fortress might provide its owner. Passage to or from the outside of the structure is guarded by a sturdy glaes portcullis that has been colored in the wildest pink imaginable. Numerous strands of colorful seashells that have been suspended from the ceiling are all that bar the path into the keep itself. You also see a white cat, a white flask and a golden topaz.
Also here: Gigehe, Lord Thurfel
Obvious paths: east, west.

Lord Thurfel went through a string of hanging seashells.

Gigehe snaps his fingers.

Gigehe says, "He keeps disappearing."

You ask, "What is this place?"

Gigehe just went through a string of hanging seashells, dragging your body with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
The amount of workmanship put into the eroded seaglass floor of this entry is mindboggling. Painstakingly laid with meticulous care, the faded pastel glass forms the mosaic of an overflowing cream-filled tart. The room itself is quite barren, although smoke and mist can be seen through an archway leading north. You also see a deranged sentry and a string of hanging seashells.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: north, east, west.

Gigehe gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
Gigehe gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

A deranged sentry furrows her brow as she glances about.
A deranged sentry lumbers east.

Gigehe yells, "Thurfel, I have Iscikella here if ye wish to come."

You say, "Do not disturb him about me. I really am not his concern."

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

Gigehe says, "You were of importance to him."

Gigehe says, "Even though I am against ye and him... I must show honor and respect to my oponents."

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it west with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Oddly, set into the floor is a huge iron door banded with brass. Considering its strange placement, it might lead to a lower level in the keep. Perhaps crafted as some bad joke, a multitude of doorknobs, handles and latches cover the door.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: east, northwest.

You say, "Thank ye for the concern, Gigehe."

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it northwest with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Hundreds of identical, smooth glass eyeballs completely cover this passageway. The oddities move in unison with any motion, continuing to track the movement until it ceases. The marble-like spheres are uncannily lifelike.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: north, southeast.

Gigehe says, "Very large keep ye master has."

You exclaim, "The wall of eyes!"

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it north with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Odd gurgling noises emanate from somewhere rather close and sound much like a pot of boiling stew. The sweet smell of strawberries is thick in the air as well, and, while not unpleasant, it's a rather odd scent to be wafting down a stone hallway.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: north, south, east.

Gigehe says, "I think I have found it."

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it north with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
An eerie stillness encompasses this passage, and something in the architecture muffles any and all noises substantially. An odd twisted rod of polished metal dangles from the ceiling, the device tipped with a tiny, crystal globe. Other than an occassional pulse from the small sphere, it doesn't appear to have any purpose.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: south, northeast.

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it northeast with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Shimmering silver glyphs painted on the floor and wall form three very distinct patterns. Each of the sigils is extremely detailed, and, considering their placement, they seem oddly unworn. Directly above these etchings, the ceiling looks quite discolored.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: east, southwest.

You hear the faintest of words. "Please forgive me for being unable to protect you, I have fled to safety in order that no more blood shall be spilled needlessly. The keep belongs to Icemule." A heartbeat later, you hear..."For now."

You exclaim, "Thurfel is gone!"

Gigehe grabs your body and drags it east with him.

[Thurfel's Keep]
Three garish wooden masks hang on the walls, each of them adorned with semi-precious stones for eyes. The wall hangings are quite crude, the craftmanship such that they must have been made by an artisan of little skill. Interestingly, the wood used to carve the pieces does not look native to the island. You also see a wall guardian.
Also in the room: Gigehe
Obvious exits: south, east, west.

You ask, "What are ye looking for, Gigehe?"

Gigehe says, "I am looking for some sort of chamber which Thurfel resides."

You say, "Thurfel is gone."

You say, "He sent me a whisper."

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

Gigehe says, "Even though he isnt around... he should appear if needed."

Gigehe asks, "What did he tell ye?"

You say, "He said he has gone to safety so no more blood be needlessly spilled and that the keep belongs to IceMule... for now."

Gigehe smiles.

Gigehe begins to do his best to mend your wounded back.
Gigehe begins to do his best to mend your wounded leg.

Gigehe asks, "If ye promise not to attack me can I raise ye?"

You say, "I don't attack anyone."

You sigh softly, your ghostly voice a mere breath on the wind.

Gigehe smiles.

Gigehe says, "Then lets get ye up."

Gigehe gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

You say, "Thank ye."

Gigehe gestures at you.
Gigehe suddenly looks very drained.
You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

You recover enough strength to move again.

You sit up.

Gigehe smiles at you.

You say, "Thank ye kindly for the raise."

You sigh.

Gigehe says, "I had to for it is my duty.."

Gigehe asks, "Did Thurfel say anymore?"

You say, "Nae, that was all."

You sigh sadly.

You say, "I wonder if he will be back..."

Gigehe nods to you.

You ask, "I imagine we are still surrounded by creatures?"

Gigehe says, "Not really."

Gigehe says, "Wall guardian south of us."

You say, "I will likely try and fog out, but not ready to try that yet."

Gigehe nods.

Gigehe smiles.

Gigehe says, "Very well then.. ye might wish to sanct this place for yeself an fog back.. I shall do some exploring for my shield."

You nod to Gigehe.

You say, "thank ye."

Gigehe smiles at you.

Gigehe says, "I bid ye farewell.."

Gigehe waves to you.



Button Link to Thurfel Main